Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,101 through 3,150 (of 16,657 total)

• Ps Jojo..if you are still up, try apple cider vinegar. It is magic for settling stomachs. P

Hi Jojo

So sorry to hear you are not well. I hope you feel better soon. It’s upsetting when you’ve been going so well.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Jojo, hope your ‘innards’ are feeling better soon. Not fun!

Just woken up, didn’t get much sleep so I am cancelling all plans today apart from dog walk, I don’t think they will be going far either. My stomach feels very bruised and battered. These things happen but it did ruin a nice day out. On the positive side another 1/2 pound bites the dust.

Lucky for me I don’t have to worry about work so that’s a blessing. Nice cup of tea and a read is on the cards for me.

Like Weemam I am going to see if I can work out names to photographs and put them in a pocket album. It would be great if everyone could put a little info on their profiles so we can add this to the picture, even if it’s just ‘in my sixties, married with 2 child’s and a cat named Tiddles, live NorthEast England’.

This family tree tracing is improving my Geography because I find I have to look up all the rather strange birthplace names. Mind you having done so little UK travel it is absolutely necessary.

Fasting today but final decision rests on whether porrige stays down. Have a wonderful day everyone.

My next trip is sunny Southern Spain on a bowling holiday, hope it’s still warm in November.

Hope things settle in the tummy department soon for you Jojo.

Hi everyone 😀 I’ve had another busy day at work and am home now OH and I are just cooking dinner – it’s called Quick Spanish Beef and is a recipe from my high school days … yes I used to get A’s for cooking but that balanced out with the “laundry” side where I barely passed, lol, guess that tells you a lot about me ha ha 😀 and with the lean mince these days it’s actually a good meal (provided you stick to serving sizes) on a FD and this will be my only meal today so I am ending up having a FD today too 🙂 so might make it 4:3 this week, we’ll see 😀

I forgot to send who I was (in here) with an email, I’ll help you Wee (and others) and send my 5:2 name shortly 🙂 .

Rushing around again today (forgot to use pedometer today DOH!!! as it was a lot of walking day today too still as long as the tape measure and scales do the right thing I wont worry ha ha 😀

Hope everyone is having a fun day and that Jojo is all better 🙂 as that is NO fun at all!!!

Hello All,
    So good to see such bright, happy faces.
    Unlike Wee I did not have an imaginary picture of anyone but you all look very friendly which is great, the eyes say it all don’t they.

Smithy has everyone been sent everything, thanks for being email coordinator, you have done a great job.

Love Jojo xx

I don’t know why but the only photo I can see is from Weemam … not sure if it’s only me … if it is and you don’t want to send again I’ll understand as sometimes just sending once is enough for some 🙂 ♡

Hi Aussie,
    Hope you get mine, doing it now.

I think it is time for every to do a full update, it’s too difficult to read back.

I started 5:2 jan this year after losing one stone on ww in the previous 6 weeks.
    First three months were hell on earth especially headaches and irritability, I guess this was sugar withdrawal.

In total I have lost 56 lbs(4 stone) sadly I have done some yoyo ing in this time which if avoided would have been 70 lbs. but non of us are perfect. I plan on losing at least 5 lbs by the year mark on 3 rd November, tough by doable on ADF.

I still have three stones to go to get to 10 stone goal but will stop before that if I am happy.

My dress size has gone from 24 to 16 and trousers 24 to 14/16 so I am very happy.

I do sports and exercise daily, minimum 2 hours but not much aerobic, only dance class may qualify. I swing kettlebell three times per week and walk 15,000 steps per day. Fasting works for me I feel great.

Key to success, never say never, check in on thread daily, record calories, eat spicy food including soup daily(real hunger beater). Positive thinking. Yoga twice per week.
    Get off the sofa, keep busy, get a life outside the home.

Good Luck my slim friends

Jojo xx

Morning all.

Another sunny morning with a beautiful blue sky.

Goodness me, so many emails whizzing around the word last night and this morning.

Jojo, I hope you are feeling better this morning.

The scales are not my friend as they still haven’t moved. I’ve not done anything different this past week or so and I know I just have to be patient, but it is very frustrating 🙁

Both my paternal grandfather and my maternal grandmother suffered from Alzheimers and when Wee posted her very moving poem I started thinking about them. My grandfather went into care, and from the day he was there refused to speak to his wife which was very distressing for all. My grandma continued to visit him every week, sat and talked to him, took him sweets which he was very fond of, and never gave any outward sign of the pain and frustration she must have been feeling.
    I was very close to my maternal grandmother who had a very tough life, abandoned with two children under the age of 2 at 18 years of age. She worked all her life, including making tyres in a factory during the war, doing mens work as did many women at that time, and brought her children up alone, once again as did many women. She married again when she was in her 50s to a wonderful man who became part of our family, and was very happy for 30 odd years. When she was widowed she came to live with my brother and his extended family which already included my by then, bed bound Mum who suffered from MS. Granny was gradually slipping away from us, and when Mum died we had a terrible time as she had short term memory loss and kept asking where my Mum was, and every time we told her, she went through the shock and pain all over again, as did we. She lived until she was 99, outliving both of her children, and spent the last few years in care as she had fallen and broken her hip and despite recovering well from surgery, could no longer be left home alone. One day she turned her face to the wall and refused to get out of bed,eat or drink. She was transferred to hospital, and would not speak to anyone or even open her eyes to look at them, just shouting “leave me alone” when anyone tried to give her a drink or attend to her. I went to see her and spoke to her and she opened her eyes and looked at me and then closed them again. She died that night. In my opinion, she had decided it was time to go and so she did.

I forgot to say, have a good day/evening everyone.

Good morning all

Jojo, you poor thing, I did hope you are feeling better. You’re doing the right thing having a be-kind-to-yourself day.

Unfortunately, I can’t take the credit for the email co-ordination as it was mainly down to Lizzie, who did the great job.

A fast day today after a fab roast pork dinner last night (with wine) and crackling to die for, cooked by OH.

Have a good one all

Smiffy x

Hi all I wrote a post his morning but forgot to post and in my haste not to be late to work it disappeared. I am stil struggling with fasting it is when I get home so trying yo find things to occupy myself. Hey Samm, i read the link on ketosis. Mmmmm it was hard reading and I wondered if the writer did anything else but focus on himself and his metabolism. I also learnt the non colloquial term for bonking!
    Anyway on the exercise level I am trying to work out how I could possibly exercise two hours before eating. I could do it on the weekends but it is impractical for working days. My view at the moment is something is better than nothing. Ciao for now! Emel

Hi Lizzie
    Did my email go to spam?
    What’s happened to hermaj? Awol?
    Do try the cider vinegar Jojo. It saved me after an ‘oyster incident’. Take it easy today.
    Cheers Purple

Gosh this thread is so busy! Hope everyone is well 🙂 Lost another 2lb this week and remained mainly in control over the weekend for once, so at the end of my 3rd week have lost 11lb, be nice to really go for it and loose another 3lb this week just to make it to a whole stone in the first 4 weeks but that might be a little ambitious espeshially because I have plans to be out most this coming weekend, might do a 4:3 and see if that tips the scales in my favour x

Abop,
    Well done you, are you exercising a lot?

Hi Yorkies,
    Anyone fancy Betty’s tearoom on Sat pm, near Harrogate station, it’s very famous I would need to reserve a table. Late afternoon?

Please google it?

Guess what, there will be carols, Santa and his reindeer, 100 stalls with traditional Dickensian costumes.

Sorry everyone (but especially PVE) I had such a great but tiring day yesterday that I forgot to open email at all. Called on a friend by prior arrangement this morning after sleeping in till 10 o’clock!!! What a rush 🙁 I’ll go to my inbox now and see what’s happened while I’ve been sleeping. 🙂

Lizzypb

“Guess what, there will be carols, Santa and his reindeer, 100 stalls with traditional Dickensian costumes”

Stop it! I’m almost jellus! 😆

Me too Amazon. On my todo list for the future.
    Thanks Liz. Understand. P

Just a wee quick visit to catch up.

Jojo I hope you feel better soon pal . Just be good to yourself please .

Thanks lizzy for all your hard work .

Ozzie was it a picture of hubby and I you got ?

Samm sending a big hug back pal .

HIYA to everyone else 🙂

I have stayed the same this week but not worried as I used to stall for 6 weeks at a time on Low Carb but still lost inches .having lost an amazing 29 ponds since I started is brilliant ( more than brilliant ) I am over the moon ..Thank you all for being there

Wee xx

Jo-jo I am exercising 3 times a week for half hour at the moment, it doesn’t seem like a lot but it’s the most I have done in the last couple of years, plus I walk a lot and look after 2 little ones, I would love to join an exercise class or something but would struggle to get a babysitter and someone to drive me to one x

Hi abop,
    Best get an exercise DVD on the Christmas list. My kids used to join in my yoga stretches, consequently they are a lot more supply than me yet I have been doing it over 30 years. I swing kettle bell at home, really burns calories but I suggest you do it when the kids are in bed. The weight is 20 lbs, could do some damage. I know it is difficult to motivate yourself when you have little ones, they drain your physical and emotional energy. Pushing them on the swing at the park after school burns a few calories. Remember don’t focus on what you can’t do but what you can. The fittest person I know skips for 30 minutes every day. She is 82, on her third partner and can still run up 5 flights of stairs. Puts me to shame but is a wake up call.
    Hope these ideas help, I have faith in you.
    Jojo xx

Hey Tangakiwi,
    My daughter has just suggested we have a week in France next Easter. She did her degree in French, travel and Tourism. Unlike Hermaj she did not enjoy translation and has now switched to teaching, just following in her mothers footsteps. She speaks French fluently and would like to get some practise, therefore road trip. Where is your daughter planning to work in the UK or will she be studying?

Sadly friends I am laid up as I didn’t follow the rules, ate lunch then walked dogs for an hour, feel terrible now.

Couldn’t get apple cider vinegar I’m afraid, I live in a bit of a back water here.
    I will stick to water and rest for the remainder of the day. Plus I am researching York and Harrogate, they both look fabulous, wish I was there for a week now.

Yes Jojo I went and brought a wii and got wii fit when I started 5:2 and that’s what I do my half hour on, yoga is on there but I prefer a mixture of the aerobic and muscle workouts, and then a week ago we brought a puppy so when she gets bigger that will give me even more reason to get out, also been speaking to another mum who lives near me about starting jogging so it’s all heading in the right direction :-). Is it better to exercise on fast days or eat days? At the moment I work extra hard on fast days to be more active and do more exercise x

My neighbour has just knocked on my door and given me two cupcakes covered in chocolate icing to say thank you for taking in some parcels for him. It isn’t the first time he has done it, and he is an excellent baker. They look beautiful and I couldn’t say no, so I’ve put them in the fridge. Out of sight out of mind. Today is day 1 of B2B fasts to fit in with my social life this week. I may be having cupcakes for breakfast on Wednesday 😆

Hi abop,
    I exercise everyday but little aerobic. Samm prefers to exercise on feed days but before food, I think.

Still feeling pretty ghastly but hopefully I will be ok tomorrow, so annoying missing badminton. I wonder if anyone else had been ill that had a meal at the restaurant.

I am really hungry at the moment but not prepared to risk food. I may try some soup later.

I use WhatsApp to transfer pictures but although free when I got it I think it is chargeable now.

Has anyone noticed that the curser on this system is dropping below the box?

That’s all for tonight, sleep tight

Evening/morning all

Hi PVE – Hermaj was away at the weekend in the depths of the Forest of Dean in Gloucestershire, no doubt having too good a time to check in here! She should be home tonight – hope you had a great weekend Maj.

Jojo – You were going to take it easy! I hope you are much better now. Betty’s Tearoom sounds good – if we can get there. What do you think Lizzie and Hermaj? Does anyone know how far Harrogate is from York? I’m afraid my geography in that part of the world isn’t good. Jojo, the Christmas Market sounds great! I’m feeling festive already.

Abop – well done on losing 11 lbs in 3 weeks! That’s great going!

Weeman – great results, even if the damned scales refuse to budge. Another week is sure to show some movement in the right direction.

Emel – keep going! Look at some nice clothes websites for inspiration, and hang something you love but is slightly too small on the outside of your wardrobe. Tell yourself that just a few good fast days and you will be slipping into it.

Hi to everyone else. Hope it’s all going well.

Smiffy x

Amazon, chocolate cakes freeze well 😉
    Sorry you can’t get the vinegar Jojo. Any vinegar at all will help. AC is just better. I have it on hand all the time now. I take it for days after an upset tummy. Also when exposed to bugs. I wonder if that is why we are the only ones I know who didn’t get the nasty ‘flu going around this year.
    Thanks Smiffy. I had forgotten hermaj’s F of D trip. 🙂 P

I know………….

Morning all, heading for a hot one today (38C) so will be drinking extra water to keep hydrated 🙂 … well ate some chocolates yesterday (was going well until then but that was yesterday and today is a new day 😀 )

Today I don’t start until 8am at work so can take a little longer to get organised and ready for the day 🙂 so checking in here and then slowly getting ready.

Feeling a bit BLEH after the choccies so no more for me. I think there was too much sugar in them so feeling the after effects today – that is my body telling me off I s’pose.

The York trip looks/sounds wonderful … it’s been many a year since I celebrated Christmas in the crisp cold air of the UK, I still remember being so excited when it was a white Christmas and the pillow case of presents was on the end of the bed waiting for me to open some pressies up. If we were lucky there’d be a “blood” orange each which Dad would put in there if he’d been able to get some before they all sold out. Okay, enough reminiscing … I am a little jellus (as Amazon says) but again I’m glad you’re all getting together 😆

Have a fun day all and I’ll catch up again later.

Hi there fast tracking friends
    I knew I had one somewhere I found it lurking in the back of my shed just past the ab swing and the ab swing pro and the ab king pro and the ab circle pro just past a now deflated gunnar petersons core secrets exercise ball close to the Ita Butrose walker leaning against my orbitrak platinum epileptic trainer lo and be-hold my old mini round tramp with snap out legs and 2 1kg hand weights now I can run and jog plus do strength work.My man boobs love handles and verandah over the toy shop are in for so serious down sizing 🙂
    loving the hot weather my SA friends
    Live Life and Have Fun
    Peace
    RT

Gee RT…just clearing your shed out would be heavy duty exercise. Have you considered eBay? 😉
    I love hearing the weather forecast from the SA mob as I have a heads up on what to expect here in a day or two!
    Happy day FTs (autocorrect turned that into Fats 🙁 ) P

Hi Cheeseplease,

Great to see you back among us. Ever such a quick message.

You’ve probably gathered that some of us on this thread, and hopefully a few others from elsewhere, are travelling up to York at the end of November hopefully to meet and match faces and voices to the noms de plume and have a bit of fun in the process. We’re making it an overnight trip, spending time together on Saturday 29, staying over – unless there are friends who prefer to do there and back in a day – and then having more fun on the Sunday. We would love you to join us if you possibly could. 🙂 🙂

Failing that, there are also plans afoot for a similar trip to Glasgow in the spring, so that we can meet some of our Scottish cyber-buddies and anyone else who can make it up to Scotland.

Some of us have also added our email addresses to our profiles so that we can chat about our plans without boring the pants other posters.

Hopefully hear from you soon.

G’day hermaj
    Hope you enjoyed the Forest. P

Hi Purple, the forest was beautiful. I just addressed a post to you, Smiffy, jojo, Amazon, lizzie and wee, telling you about it, but like an idiot failed to hit the submit button and off it flew into the ether.

Will try again tomorrow when I’m compos mentis. It’s been a long day. But in a word it was magic. And I lost just over a lb (just under half a kio) despite a certain amunt of naughtiness. Must have been all that walking in the woods.

Hi Yorkies
    I looked at York to Harrogate on the trainline website. It’s a half hour journey (approx) and a day return is £9.90 (£6.55 for me with my senior railcard). Cheapest single is £8.10 (£5.35 with a railcard) if we preferred a taxi either way. It’s 22.5 miles. Trains run pretty regularly all day until about 9pm from Harrogate back to York. I’m up for making it a late night in one place or the other! 🙂
    Lizzypb

Good morning fast tracking mates

Firstly Purple, a weather update: 37oC and windy today with fire bans, including where I live in the Adelaide Hills – and it’s still October. 🙁

Busy day yesterday so FD flew by. Went home >2hrs later than usual and had huge plate of salad and microwaved garfish (only 100C/100g raw weight) anointed with 1 tsp lemon-flavoured fish oil and dusted with paprika – almost a restaurant style description! 😉

Another busy day today. I’m collecting plant ‘cuts’ for the display to accompany 2 days of economic botany lectures next Mon-Tu. Terrible weather for it but it has to be. At least good for fasting.

Keep up the good work all.

Thanks for the weather update Dr Nick.
    ‘Economic botany’?? Please explain.

Thanks, I look forward to your detailed description later hermaj 😉 P

Hi P

Economic botany is a very human-centric view of the plant world – plants in the service of humans e.g. food, fuel, building materials, dyes, fibres, medicines, pesticides, religious practices …..

Cheers, n.

Fair enough. As opposed to plants for raising the spirit. 🙂 P

A quick jot to Emil

It’s my understanding.
    That a calorie is a calorie wether it’s a plus or minus calorie.
    So when it comes to metabolism. The only variables are fiber content of the calorie, but also wether or not the bodys metabolism has been speeded up by exercise.

Where if the metabolism was speeded by for example by caffiene . It’s not the same thermic effect.
    So exercising. More than two before or after meals has no effect at on how the stomach contents ate metabolized.

Yes , please don’t let my poor articulation skill distract you. I’m the Same way with exercise of doing what I can when I can. I make schedules , but find it hard to keep at them for extended periods.

So my weight lifting is for two weeks a month, and mostly at home. But the strength training is at the gym I try to go as often I feel up to it.

The exercisei use for the thermic effect on metabolism is jumprope. At first I was winded after only 30 seconds. Butam up to 7 minutes now. I just chuffed about it to. Because this longterm goal to gain jumperpope skills has made me much more active.

I can sprint when walking.
    I can do HIIT
    I can keep the jump ropes in many convienet places. Many times jumping rope in parking lots ,just before or after going out to eat. In the winter though I tend to be all about using the stability ball as I live with chronic pain in four places. So I strengthen the muscle groups around the pain so I can stay active enough.

To me it’s about understanding it like like micheal Mosley does, but finding what’s doable longterm.
    I enjoy jumprope. So I do it. I understand that if I do it ten minutes before eating. It ramps up my metabolism to uptake my intake if you know what I mean. To gain understanding on what is the best sequence
    For me it’s
    Sleep, exercise, fast, sleep, exercise, feed, exercise, sleep.

But to lose fat , I’ve recorded in my journal.
    Sleep, jumprope10, 250@noon, jumprope10, 350@5pm , jumperope before sleep. Then a feed day with strength training.

In those weeks I typically lost 2lbs . My goal was equal my food calorie intake with my exercise calories.
    Doing that 3 days in week. Then eating my TDEE for the remaining 4 days.

With that formula I was able to then tweak calorie restrictions on the feed days to lessen the exercise on the fast days.

I’m just thankful I finally figured out what actually works for me. It’s very empowering to be more than obese, and find the personal formula . To find what works yet fit into what’s doable.

Hi P and Nicky,

On the subject of economic botany… Over here it’s currently fashionable to refer to ‘ecosystem services’, i.e. what the natural world provides for humans.

Quite why everything has to have a monetary value (or be useful to us) is one of those questions that I will never be able to answer! I find it depressing that people can’t appreciate that the natural world has an inherent/ intrinsic value (and that other species have a right to life, whether or not they provide a direct economic benefit to us!).

But money makes the (human) world go round… On that note, I’d better get back in my hamster wheel!

Happy fasting..

Is that really a quick jot? 😆
    SAMM, I do love your enthusiasm and quest to understand every detail of how food affects our bodies. And I love even more that you are so willing to share it all with us, and that you are so positive about this WOL :big hug:

Morning/evening all.

Wild, wet and windy here today. The winds are so strong they are affecting flights in and out of Heathrow, although I can hear plenty of planes going over as I live under a flight path.
    FD went well yesterday. I had squash stuffed with pearl barley, leeks, tomatoes and chilli, with a sliver of cheese on the top for dinner. It was fab and I’m looking forward to the other half this evening.
    The scales are on strike but another inch (2.5cm) has disappeared from my waist, so I’m a happy bunny!

Jojo, I hope you have recovered and are feeling 100% today.

Hermaj, glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend.

Have a good day/evening everyone.

PS, the cupcakes are in the freezer 😆

Good morning everyone,

Good to have you back Hermajtomomi, glad you had a good trip. Sounds just my cup of tea, green of course.

Has anyone else got any ideas for York? I can come there Sat evening if you like.

Scales remain the same but after almost a year dieting I know I am lighter. Also due to stomach problem very little food in my system during the last two days, guess I am holding fluids. I have no energy at all but I refuse to have another lazy day. I have therefore decided that ta day is the day to go through all my clothes and have a clear out. No small achievement with three wardrobes and two chests of drawers. I am determined to fill six charity bags. I think I should get rid of all my summer stuff because I will be a size 12 next year. Brave or what ?

I need space and organisation. It won’t be easy though especially old favourites. It is however a perfect day for staying home as the rain is non stop and it dull and grey. I wish one of you ladies was here to help me that would make it more fun. Still all this trying on should burn some calories.

I quite agree that nature is no appreciated for it’s beauty and necessity to life on this planet. Humans are a greedy and selfish race as far as the planet goes. Obviously there are many who don’t fit this criteria. Actually if I had pots of money I would spend it on genetically modifying the human race before we destroy ourselves and the planet. While I am doing this I may tweek the food obsession gene too, why not. I know playing God but I would make sure we looked after the less fortunate too.

Now I think I may have a feed day today, feeling pretty empty, but I will keep it light. Enjoy your day everyone.

“I think I should get rid of all my summer stuff because I will be a size 12 next year. Brave or what ?”

Go for it!

I’ve just found a sweatshirt I bought in LA 25 years ago. I’ve never worn it because it was too tight when I bought it. It fits, which is great as my other one was worn out and I could have got someone else in it at the same time 😆

Time for some exercise. It is not walking weather so I guess it’s Elle Macpherson followed by Callan Pinckney.

Ply,
    Guess you are really busy, I miss your posts. Did you send a photo? Hope all is going well. I dream of getting as close to goal has you. It has been such a slog getting this stone off and I am not there yet. Must be ten times worse when it’s the last ten pounds.

SAMM, are you joining us on the email group? Too shy ? Glad you are still on course and doing lots of research. I am so envious of your skipping, this is my exercise goal for Dec 2015, 30 minutes a day. If my old friend Dorothy can do it so can I. Mind you she only weighs about 8 stone I think so I have a way to go. Current goal still 10 stone.

SAMM put some amazing links on before, although a little ambitious for us over 21’s.

Anyone else want to join me on the skipping challenge( sorry jump rope for our American cousins). What do they call it elsewhere? We could start with one minute and a one foot lead as opposed to two foot jump. It’s fantastic aerobic exercise that cleans out the lymph glands of toxins.

Hello again,
    It’s the six month anniversary of this thread on the 26 th, i have enjoyed writing on it so much and it really has helped to keep me focused. I have been through two crisis’s during this time and fellow posters have suffered serious problems and losses. We have supported each other as friends do. We are strangers yet we have joined together to fight a common goal. Thank you everyone for joining and contributing. I think I would have given up if it had not been for the support I have received here. I can honestly say that I haven’t had this support in my real world. Cyber buddies rock.

Amazon,

Sun coming out here now, bloody typical, can’t leave now as my bed is a mountain of clothes. What have I done?

Help!

Go for a walk and come back to your mountain 🙂

And thank you Jojo for such a vibrant thread .
    Housework will always be there Jojo. Ignore it and enjoy the sunshine. 🙂 P

Viewing 50 posts - 3,101 through 3,150 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.