Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,951 through 2,000 (of 16,657 total)

• Thinking of you, Jojo! And you too, Weemam!

Jojo, What about some hanging baskets of flowers and herbs near the bird seeds? So that the birds feel there are more areas for them to visit. Bay πŸ™‚

Weemam, just catching up on your injuries. Hope you don’t feel too battered and bruised. Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

sore all over and nose looks bad but I will be fine thanks Bay and Ply . I am just so lucky . A lot of people my age would have broken bones . I am sure 5.2 has helped there with the loss of weight and the feel good factor .

Wee xx

Hello everyone. I’ve been AWOL for a while but have not thankfully fallen off the wagon! I’ve had a couple of bad days my aunt not only baked some lovely cakes for my recent visit but presented me with a box to take home. I’m afraid there was no way on this good earth that I could resist them. No weight loss that week but thankfully no gain either. My fast days are now routine- I find them surprisingly straight forward. I stick to 200 cals at lunch and 300 in the evening. I enjoy soup and have found some lovely lazy inducing fresh supermarket varieties. I like the whole portion control no brainer aspect although my husband risked his life by eating the second half of my soup last week! You can only imagine my rage…..and then my dilemma – how to use up my remaining calories.
    I’m so glad I found this group on the forum- you are all so interesting and entertaining I don’t think I’m bringing much to the table so to speak but I will definitely be logging in for inspiration and entertainment.
    Fast x2 of the week tomorrow,Monday was easy due to a very unpleasant visit to the dentist- tactical dieting!
    Feeling a little battle weary with our scottish referendum – it has been a very painful process.
    Wee mam I hope your wee face heals quickly – as Bruce Forsyth says— you’re my favourite!! (TOT l laughed when I read that first)
    Best wishes to all

Weemam,
    My goodness, what a shock for you. I am really sorry you had a scare and hope you are not in pain now. I once fell on a pavement in Spain and my glasses did apt of damage, makes you think about contact lenses or lazer surgery more seriously. Please be more careful, use the laptop on it’s battery only.

Lissy – it’s not a shared garden and I have added lots of climbing plant, pots, trellis. We don’t even have local cats that use my garden. I have taken up a couple of paving stones but it is quite small and the seating areas take up much of the room.

Yes there are disadvantages to most wildlife, in my last garden we had some very aggressive gulls, magpies, crows, pigeons, parakeets and some not very nice robins. Saw one robin peck another to death, that was pretty shocking, I hadn’t realised they were so territorial. Wolf in sheeps clothing for sure. My dog( male one) chases big birds but ignores small ones – well trained.

Happy – good to know, thanks for that news. I had an epidural at child birth, not great result, damaged nerve, hence bit terrified about tomorrow. Teeth gritted.

Amazon, I failed too – nerves getting to me – and ice cream – good though – toffee.

Hermajtomomi, yes it was the ‘old’ bowls club, I think there are now two other people joining me in my move to a new club, possibly more. Actions speak louder than words. I am even considering going public, there are principles at stake here. Bullying, sexism, favouritism and corruption needs to be addressed. I mean business.
    Perhaps I should go into politics – fighting talk and all that. I really hope that the new club does not have the same philosophy. Trouble is, all clubs have cliques and outsiders are mistrusted.

Believe it or not I am easy going and accommodating as a rule but when I see injustice I stand up and make my views known. I feel very strongly about women’s rights and will not tolerate men abusing their position under the guise of tradition.

Sorry taking a chill pill now – yoga meditation and bed here I come – ommmmmm

Weemam and Tartanlass,
    Good luck on the vote my wee hens,
    I hope you get what your country wants and desires whether it’s with us or without us standing by your side.

Whilst I hate the thought of the split of the UK I truly believe you are able to stand alone and will probably be better off in the long run. Dependency is a cruel mistress.

Ply and Bay, not ignoring you and thanks for good wishes, we must have been posting at the same time.

Strange. .my 2 posts from hours ago didn’t come up πŸ™
    Jojo…all the best tomorrow. I hope you get relief from the procedure.
    Weemam, you poor darling. I do hope a good night’s sleep has you mending quickly. P

Morning all.

weemam, I hope you are feeling OK this morning and you nose and knees aren’t too sore;
    jojo, good luck today, I hope all goes smoothly.

PVE, I’ve not lost any posts but noticed that they sometimes take ages to come up. The post before mine last night was not there until I looked this morning :weird:

I was on an intercity bus, Amazon, and I guess the reception wasn’t too good. It will usually send them later, but didn’t. πŸ™ Enforced fast today, on a feed day, as no food was available. Ah well, do me good. Have bought some supplies ready for tomorrow’s fast.
    Cheers all, P

Good morning FastTrackers ,
    Hope you are feeling a bit better Weemam, healing thoughts and hugs are on their cyberspace way honey.
    Exciting day for Scotland, bet you are all heartily sick of the campaigning bombardment, I know we are, but it is a very important point. You may have no royalty after today, true democracy, can’t beat it really. Much as I love our queen and think she has done a fabulous job, in fact probably a better job than any of our politicians. At least she has never been caught( that we know of) in bed with the gardener.

I am just keeping myself busy until it’s time to go, still need to walk the dogs so must get on. Diet not on my mind today but that doesn’t let the rest of you off the hook.( well maybe Weemam should have a day off too), especially as she gets top prize for quickest and biggest loser( weight wise only)and most cheery thread poster in the last three months. Hip, hip hooray for weeman.

Fingers and toes crossed for me today guys, I will post later, I hope!

Love you all xx

Fingers and toes crossed for you Jojo. All the best mate. P xxx

What a nasty experience, wee. Hope the pain will ease soon. If it helps take a day off 5:2ing and give yourself a little treat.
    jojo, hope today goes well for you. Like wee, you deserve a day off from FD-ing and even some comforting little treat if it will help.
    I looked at the video of Big Sing and looked out specially for you flobbalobbing. There were three ladies in the shot. Which one was you?
    Now I must do some more dissertating.

Dissertating? Now you’re making it up hermaj. I’m televisionating, myself πŸ˜‰ P

Good luck Jojo! Think of the benefits and how much you’ll enjoy resuming your normal active lifestyle.
    I’m fasting today and loving my water infused with lemon,mint and cucumber. I’m not sure it has all the magical qualities that some would claim but its delish!!

Good morning all .

Thinking of you today Jojo and I hope all goes well . I am sure it will pal .
    Good luck to all those that are fasting today and keep busy .
    When I got up this morning Jim joked that I looked like I had been 10 rounds in the boxing ring . Nose is really bruised and slight black eyes BUT I am lucky really . Lots of aches and pains but again I could have been so much worse .
    Not going off diet but will have a couple of Highlight hot chocolates included this morning . They are sure to make me relax a wee bit and although I am not a pill popper I will have some pain killers today too .
    I am so glad I am not a frail wee wiman ( as they say here ) lol

Have a great day everyone
    Jojo please let us know how you are whenever you get the chance and NO jogging home πŸ™‚ xx

Wee xx

Be kind to yourself Weemam. You’ll soon look beautiful again. P πŸ™‚

Why do supermarkets make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front?

Why do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke?

Why do banks leave vault doors open and then chain the pens to the counters?

Why do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in our driveways and put our useless junk in the garage?

Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

Why can’t women put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why don’t you ever see the headline ‘Psychic Wins Lottery’?

Why is ‘abbreviated’ such a long word?

Why is it that doctors and attorneys call what they do ‘practice’?

Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavoring, and dish washing liquid made with real lemons?

Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush hour?

Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?

Why didn’t Noah swat those two mosquitoes?

Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?

You know that indestructible black box that is used on airplanes? Why don’t they make the whole plane out of that stuff??

Why don’t sheep shrink when it rains?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

‘Course I’m making it up, P. In my own defence I thought dissertating might just exist, in the style of e.g. commiseration/commiserate, but couldn’t be aresed to look it up. Enjoy your telliating. πŸ™‚

Hello All,

Great news. Sitting at home now televisualating because I have been told to rest today. If you need to have steroid injections in your back to deal with inflammation I can tell you now it was no worse than a visit to the dentist. I was glad I had someone with me because I was a bit nervous( bloody terrified) but some yogic breathing got me through it. If I need to have a second treatment I would have ‘no worries’. It’s a bit uncomfortable in the rear area now but not painful.

Treating myself to peanut chicken soup, squillions of cals but an African treat.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Hermajtomomi, I hope you enjoy your dissertatingconfabulationing this fine day, I think I was in the middle, chubby blonde – still blonde, not so chubby now

Great news Jojo. Don’t rush the recuperation….says the girl who never follows advice like “rest for the day” πŸ˜‰ You’ll be a new girl again.
    I’m off to hibernate (or is that hibernitate???) before another fast tomorrow. P

Jojo I am so pleased that you are OK . take it easy for the rest of the day .

Wee xx

Terrific news, Jojo. Enjoy your televating day. Off to bed now. Bay πŸ™‚

Hi Hermaj. Such fun watching you dissertating and confabulating! πŸ™‚

I’m vegetating and eating πŸ˜†

Sitting on the sofa with a cup of coffee and a home made muffin, listening to music which is just loud enough to mute the banging noise being made by the roofers hammering the new wooden struts into place.

Peanut chicken soup sounds like a perfect treat after being jabbed. Take it easy jojo, and I hope the injection does its job. I’ve had a steroid injection in my back to get rid of pain and it was very sore the following day but once that wore off everything was fine and I was completely pain free.

Hi Amazon,
    He did warn me it might be painful tomorrow but that’s what pain killers are for eh?

It won’t stop me playing bowls in the morning, doctor cleared me for walking, yoga and lawns bowls. Sadly no dancing or badminton and you should have seen his face when I mentioned kettlebell swing. It was classic. He suggested that I use it as a door stop for at least six weeks, so letting the bingo wings swing instead.

I too am drinking coffee and looking out at the misty English Channel in my old house, it’s better for me today as I can avoid the stairs when letting the dogs out. Watching antiques programmes but already fidgeting. All my garden birds have cleared off after not being fed daily in the six months since I left.
    Speak tonight

I could smell burning and I went into the kitchen to discover that when I had turned off the timer, I hadn’t turned off the gas under the black bean chilli I made for Thur/Fri fast dinners. Fortunately I managed to save it and have scrubbed the pan clean. That’ll be a few less calories……………

Oh boy, thank goodness you were home, Amazon! Chili is good with smoky flavor!

Yes, but I prefer my steaks char grilled!

I must pay more attention…………………….what was I saying?

Hermajtomomi,
    Just looked at the choir website, I am at the back with a blue striped top and my hair looks grey not blonde.
    Listening to that composition again it reminded me the agony we all had learning it. Individual parts were really monotonous to learn but it sounded good on the day.
    Personally I prefer something more upbeat.
    Did you say you were in a choir?
    I would recommend you all to join a community choir, it’s very healthy and uplifting.

Hi jojo,

So glad your treatment today wasn’t as bad as feared. Hopefully the painkillers will work well enough to let you do all your things tomorrow.

Now I know which one is you, I’ll have another look. No, I’m not in a choir but it is something that has occurred to me. Unfortunateky, our most local one is the Crouch End Festival Chorus, a prestigious bunch you may have heard of.I wouldn’t stand a snowball in hell’s chance of getting in as I’d never pass an audition. Sadly my singing is inconsistent to say the least – sometimes I can, sometimes I can’t.

We do have a chorister in the family, a young woman of many talents – among other things she regularly runs half-marathons and 10Ks and has a high-powred scientific job. She’s also the mum of two lovely boys (my great-nephews), a teenager who is turning out to be a pretty good musician and a five-year-old who loves to sing. Could this be the result of her rocking them to sleep to the accompaniment of classical music, some of it choral, when they were babes in arms?

I have a wonderful video in the little one, at the age of two, hurtling around the room and singing along to Vivaldi’s Gloria, surprisingly in tune and somehow managing to copy the In excelsis Deo to the letter.

Hi Hermajtomomi,

I am of course a massive fan of music. My children listened to a variety of music ranging from womb music(after birth up to 3 months) great for settling before sleep, most great classical tracks, my personal favourites included Best of Cream and anything by Pink Floyd, Barbra Streisand and quite a few other strong female vocalists. My husband exposed them to Clannad and huge range of music.

Result – my daughter and son were both accomplished musicians and as a family we all took piano lessons. My daughter being the only real talent on the piano, she had a good grounding in reading music playing descant and treble recorder. My son played guitar as did his dad. I sing in tune but I am not a soloist performer, nor would I care to be. I too need a warm up to perform at a good standard and I find the highest soprano range difficult. Of course I must not forget my skills on the spoons(:-). I have the bruises as evidence from cockney night.

I have always used songs for settling, learning, drama and fun. It’s wonderful for teaching English and other languages.

Me, too, jojo. I can’t imagine a life without music. I love classical and early music, classic rock – e.g.Pink Floyd, Queen, Dire Straits, JJ Cale -, folk, blue grass and jazz – mostly traditional but also quite a bit of the less cacophonous modern stuff, like MJQ, Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck. And of course some of the great female singers, including Barbra Streisand, Carly Simon, Judy Collins, Annie Lennox, the list goes on.

Imagine my frustration at being totally incapable of playing any instrument. Knowing how things SHOULD sound and not being able to get anywhere near is maddening. I’ve tried piano, guitar, flute and the ubiquitous recorder. Rbbish at all of them.

At one point in my training as a teacher, we were given a series of exercises to test our musicality. My score was very high. Totally bewildered I asked the tutor how come. Almost certainly poor coordination, she said, and I’m sure she was right. She asked if I had tried singing, which I have, but it’s very hit and miss. It can range from just about OK to downright embarassing. Pity, ‘cos I can act and I can project very effectively.

Amazon, your cooking experience reminds me of my mum… as her memory was disappearing, we gave her some Ghinko Brahmi to help. She kept ringing me up to tell me she hadn’t had any yet as she couldn’t remember what it was for! πŸ™‚ P

Hermajtomomi, if it is any consolation I tried to learn violin as a young teenager, it was shocking, like strangling a cat. I think every child needs good coordination training from a very early age. This is a key issue and addressed in Montessori education.

I cannot even speak of the very disturbing things my daughter is being asked to do at her state primary school. Let’s just say integrity and honesty is not highly valued or encouraged. It is so difficult for a new teacher to swim against the tide when they are being run into the ground be working 15 hour days, they haven’t got the energy to fight their corner. Needless to say she is already disillusioned with our education system and cannot wait to return to Montessori. If only it was more widely adopted in this country, obviously not the sham ones, registered and approved ones.

It’s quite hard for me to listen to the bad practice and say nothing, I would not have lasted two weeks in the state sector. The emphasis on evaluations and showing progress is putting enormous strain on teachers and pressurising children. Don’t they realise results are achieved when children are happy and relaxed. The teachers will be burnt out before 6 months is up, no matter how conscientious they are, it’s nothing short of cruelty and neglect.

God I always seem to be raging lately, apologies I am a passionate person with very strong views. Just tell me to shut up and I will.

Diet was a disaster today so I will try to make up for it tomorrow and over the weekend. Best behaviour.

Exercise – doing a new plan to fit in with no impact rules. I reckon 3x 45 minutes of walk, swim and bowls daily will work if spread out plus 1 hour x2 of Yoga per week.
    Go away soon, don’t think the 9 lb goal will happen, how about you Ply?

Sadly, Jojo, teaching is no different here in Aust (in state, Catholic and private sectors). The pollies love teacher bashing, so when other things are not working for them they pick on teachers. We have adopted the ridiculous overtesting of kids and pitting colleagues against each other in open competition here too, despite massive protestations that it had proven disastrous in the UK and US.
    Any good teachers are completely worn out trying to jump through hoops to teach in inspiring, innovative ways and still please the masters that employ them. I worked closely with a fellow progressive teacher and we did some fabulous things in a state school. So well, they ended up separating us!!! No wonder I retired. I miss the classroom, but not all the c**p that goes on in the background. I wish your lovely daughter every success in her career. P

Hi Jojo and Hermaj

Great discussion on music. I have lots of aspirations and not much talent. Can sing intermittently. Love listening to music both classical and rock. Highlight of the year was going to Bruce Springsteen concert.

Am off to continue my one woman war on the Capeweed daisy. I am possibly down to my last day on this crusade. Will write more once it’s done.

Have a happy fast day. Bay πŸ™‚

One-Liners

Willpower is the ability to resist temptation until you can be sure that no-one’s looking…

Desperation: eating the dog’s choc drops.

Who says I’ve got no will power – I’ll get that pecan pie if it’s the last thing I do.

I went on a diet, swore off drinking and heavy eating, and in fourteen days I lost two weeks.

Unhealthy: what thin people call you when you are fat and fat people call you when you are thin.

Stay out of bed, and stay active, and eat rice and fish – and eventually you die.

I’d have no objection to people who eat like sparrows if they’d only stop that everlasting chirping about it.

Acceptable weight: what you weigh now if you were six inches taller.

Adult: one who has ceased to grow vertically but not horizontally.

The doctor said apples were non-fattening so I ate 68 of the little devils.

You came down because you thought you heard burglars? Got them trapped in the refrigerator have you?

My wife is on a diet. Coconuts and bananas. She hasn’t lost any weight, but can she climb a tree.

There’s a new Chinese diet. Order all the food you want but use only one chopstick.

He’s on a weekly course of special diet crackers. They’re usually all gone by Tuesday breakfast.

Gosh – I could eat a horse – a high protein, low cholesterol, sugar free horse, of course.

Dieter’s Law: food that tastes the best has the highest number of calories.

I worry about scientists discovering that lettuce has been fattening all along…

Eve: only woman ever really tempted by an apple.

Warning – You have been detected making unauthorized entry to the refrigerator – please replace purloined items immediately!

About the only time losing is more fun than winning…is when you’re fighting temptation.

If it wasn’t for wrestling with my conscience…I’d get no exercise at all.

No man in the world has more courage than the man who can stop after eating one peanut.

Diets are no good without exercise so his dinner’s on the garage roof and I’ve hidden the ladder.

Eat that last pea and you’re over your calorie count.

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands – and then eat just one of the pieces.

Diet, n: the all-consuming obsession with the food you shouldn’t have eaten yesterday but did, the food you have eaten today but shouldn’t have, and the food you shouldn’t eat tomorrow but probably will.

MMM! Β Poached carrot!!!

When you begin to think all plate glass windows distort, it’s time to think about a diet.

Why am I bothering to eat this chocolate? I might as well apply it directly to my thighs.

My advice if you insist on slimming: Eat as much as you like – just don’t swallow it.

Little and often doesn’t mean a trip to the refrigerator every half hour.

The best reducing exercise is to shake the head violently from side to side when offered a second helping.

It’s here in the Health Farm rules: Eating the furniture is thought of as cheating.

Why’s Daddy eating a T.V. dinner in the back of the car, in the garage?

I was doing quite well till I got hooked on diet crackers…

There was only one occasion in my life when I put myself on a strict diet…and it was the most miserable afternoon I’ve ever spent.

Hello? Fat-Busters? Mrs. E. Fenwick, 32 Horton Boulevard, member no. 4734 has just made and is about to consume a triple-decker ham sandwich.

Liquid diets – the powder is mixed with water and tastes exactly like powder mixed with water.

There’s something in it for you if you can get a couple of steaks under my door.

Letter to a friend from a man at a health farm: Help! Send me a file with a cake in it.
    ————-

Just raw okra and dandelion tea for dinner today. Skipping big calorie dinner. To be 800 calories below TDEE . Unplanned but doable.
    I look for Those rubber extention cord things you can walk on .

Here’s a link to quick read on fat and exercise . Why combining diet and exercise is better than diet or exercise alone.

Just a reminder of alesson learned from when I was sedentary . I had the will . Found a way.
    Think of exercise and maybe a treadmill or a spin class come to mind. But what if .
    What if your hurt and the common exercises is out. What I discovered was instead of a time crunch intense exercise packed into 1/2 hour . I could find something like dumbbells or resistance bands that I could use all day long. So sixteen hours of lifting dumbbells . Not continuously . But in sets. I used to try to two sets of 25 every hour. When I added it all up I had burned 500 calories without getting out of bed. Not in quick thirty minutes, but over the whole day. Even had one the smallest stability balls in the bed with me to help strengthen rather than fall more more sedentary.

Now that I’m up and strong as ever. I keep the kettle bell weights all over the house. If I see one I go and do some sets. I found that I actually used the the kettle ball of 20lbs the most in the bathroom.
    Doing theses intermittent sets all day long also helps me on fasting days . Buy burning more calories, but not triggering my appetites.

Good very early morning,
    What an awful night I am having, not pain which is waist I expected but night sweats, thirst, getting up for a wee, hunger, and just general restlessness. Not side effect I was told about post steroid injections. I have tried reading but my eyes are the only part that want to sleep, keeping reading the same line repeatedly so I thought I would write a quick note to you all instead. I have even had a cuppa and cooked two eggs to see if that will help, meditation didn’t work. So frustrated!
    Ah well guess it’s ‘counting sheep’ as a last resort, speak tomorrow.

Same – what rubber extension things you can walk on? What are they? Insoles or some gimmick?

Be good everyone.

PVE,
    I hope this doesn’t happen in New Zealand schools, that’s where my daughter is headed next year, Montessori State school in Wellington. This is all wrong we are killing what used to be a highly respected education system because a few heads couldn’t get rid of their lazy teachers or manage their budgets. If teachers and classroom assistants stopped printing photographs as evidence this would save thousands of pounds and teachers time making up evidence books, it’s ridiculous in this high tech age, keep them on a secure ipad recording system along with observations linked to curriculum, secure access to parents and head teachers. I used one of these systems for the last two years, printed nothing, it was brilliant. Did all my lesson plans on it too, ridiculously easy to use, saved hours and printer ink, perfect parent and head link which was immediate.

Teaching is just measured by evidence, the relationship and communication is not valued yet without it progress is hampered. It’s far too easy to fake evidence to keep education departments happy thereby ensuring grant levels. Integrity is not valued and without it the education system is nothing.

Hi Jojo
    Sorry to hear you are awake and suffering. I hope you are asleep by now πŸ™
    I measure my long term success as a teacher by a couple of incidents in the last few days.
    I ran into several ex students, now happy achieving secondary students who glowed with joy when they recognised me…Actually I’ve changed so much I had to tell them!! One parent was there too and all I get is thanks for the time they spent in my class. Stuff the Dept of Ed, I have REAL evidence.
    Don’t know about NZ’s system. Sorry.
    Hope you feel better soon. P πŸ™‚

Morning all.
    SAAM, thanks for the one liners, some of them really made me πŸ˜†

jojo, I hope you got some sleep, and feel better this morning.

Fast day today. I took a day off from exercise yesterday and am raring to go. I’ve bought a pedometer that will also tell me how many calories I’ve burned on my walks.

Hi jojo,

Sorry you’ve had such a bad night’s sleep. I agree about helping kids with bad coordination, which I believe was happening in the 80s when I was teaching. At my own school, back when dionosaurs walked the earth, the only kids eligible for remedial help were those with flat feet. My all-girls grammar school based al its policies on boys’ schools – one of our school was ’40 years on’ pinched from Harrow School – as flat feet were an issue for young men who, for example, could not join the military if they had flat feet. Poor coordination was seen as naughtiness, leading to tellings-off at school and a lot of slaps at home.

I feel so sad – and angry – on behalf of your daughter. The probationary year is tough enough without all the stuff she is having to endure. Would I be right in thinking that teaching – like much of medical practice – has become a matter of box-ticking and arse-covering rather than actually getting on with the job of helping kids to learn? Hopefully she will have a much happier time and be able to do the job she has trained for at the Montessori school in NZ. Meanwhile, I’m sure it helps to have a mum with first-hand experience of the problems.
    Bay, I love the idea of singing ‘intermittently’. that just about sums it up.

SAMM, whatever other talents you may have, you come up with some killer one-liners. πŸ™‚

Right, that’s it for the moment. Back to the socio-political situation in 1930s France. πŸ™ Yes, my dissertation is about cinema which is of course strongly affected by its soc-pol context. I’ll be doing 60s Britain next.

jojo and PVE,

I just remembered. One of the best things that happened to me at the dubious comprehensive where I taught first was the moment when, during a conversation with my class of 13-year-olds for whom I was class teacher, one of the girls who could be a ‘little madam’ said: ‘You really care about us, don’t you Miss’. It’s stuff like that that makes the job worthwhile. The nasty headmaster who thought I was the spawn of the devil should have heard.

Weemam and Tartan Lass, All the best for Scotland today. πŸ™‚ whatever the outcome. Bay

Hi all,
    I too have had lots of personal thanks for my teaching skills both from children and their parents over the years. One boy rang me from London just before he collected his law degree. He said that I had been the best teacher he had met through his education journey. That definately gave me a feather in my cap.
    I know my daughter is a good teacher and I will support her but I will never be able to support the policies she is being forced to comply with, deliberately holding down base line levels to ensure children make progress is fraud as far as I am concerned.
    I think the Head teacher should put these requests in writing and take responsibility for this appalling mis judgement. Personally I think there should be independent assessments by staff not linked to schools or at least spot checks. I have only ever supplied truthful assessments.
    I played bowls this morning and was in the winning team, I played some good shots but the majority were not great. One of the players helped me improve my delivery afterwards, it was great to learn new techniques.
    I am going back to bed for a siesta, it’s essential. Speak later.

Very best wishes to weemam, Tartan Lass and all other Scottish friends – an important and historic day, whatever the outcome.

Thanks everyone . A really exciting day . I can’t wait to see the result..

Mt scales are telling lies today .

I have had BTB the last 2 days both under 400 calories but up 2 pounds . NOOO way can that be right .

I bought a new top today and I noticed I am a different shape ( more defined) if that makes sense . I still have a lot too loose but noticed my fat round my bra has gone and ,the overhang over the trouser waist has gone too . having an eating day again today but always within my allowed quata.
    Jim said I looked lovely in my new top he said I look smaller and shapelier so that will do me lol . I am loving this WOL ( have I said that before lol ) I also love reading all the posts on here . It is a lovely thread .

Wee xx

It is nice when the body starts to regain its shape, and is a real boost, especially if you’ve still got a fair amount to lose as quite a lot of us have.

Today is my 3rd fast day this week and if I can cope I’m going to do another one tomorrow. The scales didn’t budge last week after 3 fast days and I only went over my TDEE on one day, so I’m trying my hardest to get things moving again. It has happened before so I know it’ll shift but I forgot to measure myself before starting this time. Once I’ve lost a stone I’ll measure and then I’ll have something to compare with if the scales go on strike again.

I eat once on fast days and I’ve just had black bean and veggie chilli with some ricotta, salad and a few raspberries and I’m absolutely stuffed!
    Isn’t it amazing how quickly we adapt to eating less πŸ™‚
    I have to say I feel really well and as I love cooking and eating πŸ˜‰ I’m enjoying the challenge of making tasty, healthy and interesting meals.

I agree Amazon about the cooking . I cook in bulk and freeze in portions πŸ™‚ .
    Normally if the scales were showing UP I would get upset ,but I know I have lost inches so I will be happy with that .I am usually well below my recommended “myfitnesspal”but today I am just on it .
    Has been quite an anxious time with Scotland voting though and I wish it were tomorrow night so we will know the outcome .

Wee xx

Viewing 50 posts - 1,951 through 2,000 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.