Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,901 through 1,950 (of 16,657 total)

• A chain of stores that sells husbands has just opened in a town near you.  The idea is that a single woman may visit the store an choose her husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description of how the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE!

There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch …  You may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building! So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a spouse.

On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 – These men have jobs and love the Lord.
    The second floor sign reads:

Floor 2 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.
    The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are extremely good looking.

“Wow,” she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.
    She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:

Floor 4 These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop- dead good looking and help with the housework.

“Oh, mercy me!” she exclaims, “I can hardly stand it!” Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:

Floor 5 These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop- dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the sign reads:

Floor 6: You are visitor 5,3018 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please.

Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!

[Footnote: This funny husband joke was kindly sent by Isi]
    —————- ——————- ——————
    What are the lessons that we so deeply need to learn? Are they lessons of making things better and bright? Are they lessons of change making things right?

Are they lessons that teach us today? Lessons of hope, are they honest and true? These lessons are what make me and you!

These lessons we learn are they happy or sad? Do we love and forgive or do we stay mad? The lessons in life are future events.

Lessons not handled make empty a plan, a lesson in life is like two birds in the hand. One lesson to love one lesson to hate. Which one to choose? Which one to make.

Lessons not easy so hard to discern, no better answer than the lesson well learned. Learn the lessons the people say. Lessons well learned are easy to replay.

When the lesson is learned you don’t make the same plan. You know the one that was messed up, that bad deal of a hand.

Lessons in life are awesome at best because of the change that it makes in our hearts. They are lessons in life that never depart. Learn the lessons with all your heart.

————- ————– —————-

I’ve gained 2lbs from last months loss of 3 I’ll have to restart tomorrow if it is to be.
    A restriction life isn’t as bad as it seems. I still have love and friendships. Great times with all they deem.

@jojo.
    As my diet has taken so long to transform me and im still not in the healthy range. I have put more emphasis on my love of life. In the people around me. I transform my environment , which was more instant. I was slow to rise for a time . Rather than allow my feelings overwhem my actions .I took every days morning to write a few words in the journal. Simple things I did while waiting to walk again. I lost 1 inch off my foot, yet it didn’t make me happy to gain it somehow on my backside. I make the best of it. Learn what ancient culture say about breathing . Making my environment sterile. Finding laughter where my neighbors only see despair. How too carpe diem without getting out of bed.
    So slow this fat transforms . But I know I will get there . Sometime fast sometimes slow the scale slowly goes. I’ve learned if there’s a will there’s a way. So I learned about will power and temptations while reading. As curious as it may seem a glimmer of chance. A what IF? What if the time it takes to transform my obesity into a hulk of man also help me to live longer? The time I spend transforming isn’t lost , but adds a few years to middle of my life.

If I can’t exercise I eat only the number of calories I will use for the day. I choose the foods that heal now . Like amazon I no longer live to feel full in my stomach , but in my heart. I did not know how to love myself enough, or that I should. Thanks to mosely and his crew I found this doable way to love what I eat in a way that keeps me getting thinner by a few pounds a month. Sometimes slow sometimes fast. I will keep on Keepin on till I’m whom I used to be at last.

Yet another inspirational post from SAMM.
    Thank you 🙂

I almost forgot, the husband store tale is excellent 😆

I didn’t put much thought into this rearrangement of words of a very popular poem.

So I will WILL,
    Put more thought into this poem to reflect a successful weight loss.

If dieters live with protection, they learn to feel safe
    If dieters live with honesty, they learns to feel trustfull on the scale
    If  dieters eat only just enough, they learn to eat calmly and patiently
    If a dieter shares , they learns to be thankful of what they have.
    If a dieter plans with understanding, they learn to be encouraged 
    If dieters eat with laughter, they learn to feel happy no matter
    If a dieter cooks with creativity, they learn to get and feel inspired 
    If dieters live with choice, they learns to feel free again.
    If dieters have community, they learn to feel supported 
    If dieters have doable goals, they learns to feel confident
    If dieters  prepare with measure, they learns to feel fulfilled without going over.
    If a dieter learns to fast. They may learn to Eat, Fast, Live Longer.
    If dieters eat with love for themselves, they learn to keep on keepin on.
     HOW IS YOUR DIET HELPING YOU TO LIVE?

Hello all,
    SAMM – my fasting is helping me to get to that happy place where I like myself in the mirror. My obesity stopped me from enjoying looking at myself, in fact I buried my head in the sand and got rid of the mirrors. Big mistake. It made me physically lazy because everything was too much effort(I sat watching tv every night after work with my feet up). Now I am active and will probably live a healthier, longer life.

It made me think about my friendships, these people I spend time with are limiting me. Their choices of entertainment are always food based, rarely exercise based so I am trying to find new and active friends.

Amazon – seems we are all being led to temptation this weekend. Whilst doing my bar work today I was handed a home made chicken korma on a jacket potato as thanks for my voluntary work, it smelt delicious, it tasted even better. My salad waiting at home will be my tea now. Glad you enjoyed your meal too.

I am finding it hard to focus on chores since retirement, the deadlines have gone, I really need to get a grip. I seem to work faster and better when I have lots to do, weird isn’t it?

I think I may need a list or a timetable or an old fashioned kick up the bum.

Looking forward to fast tomorrow. Funny nobody on this thread seems to dread fasts anymore, they actually look forward to them. Off to find a nice couple of recipes for my quinoa plan( I have certainly been off plan this week, what with fish, hotdogs and now chicken) 🙂

Ply, my daughter is not weighing until Tuesday, she has a filthy cold so she is not fasting religiously at present. I will stick to Saturday weigh ins, although I often check daily to keep myself on track.

After 8 months of no latte’s I seem to be having two per day this month, crazy.

Speak tomorrow guys, be good, have fun! Make a new friend.

I was a bit hung over this morning and questioned the wisdom of fasting, but it has gone very well. I’ve just had a small piece of steak, polenta, broccoli and salad.
    I used to do Callanetics a very long time ago including exercises/stretches specifically designed for bad backs. The daily workout was on a tape and the back exercises in a book, which I appear to have lost, so I bought a DVD for the workout and another copy of the book. I muddled my way through the workout this morning with a few less repetitions of the most taxing exercises. I remembered most of the routine and enjoyed doing it again, and I was pleased to find that my back pain which has been ever present since the end of June had disappeared, and it hasn’t come back yet which is a really good sign. I’ll be doing it again tomorrow.

The book hasn’t arrived yet, but I remember some of the stretches and have started doing them twice a day.
    It has made me feel more positive about the prospect of reaching my pre holiday goal, something I don’t think would be possible without doing plenty of exercise. I’m hoping that by the end of the week I can do a pain free walk.

Jojo, the chicken korma sounds fab. I know I wouldn’t have been able to resist it.
    I’m meeting some of my ex-colleagues in the pub on Tuesday evening, and we’ll be eating dinner there too. It will be a challenge but I’m determined to keep within my TDEE.

I have no routine whatsoever now that I am work free.
    I hate domestic chores and have always avoided them until they could wait no longer. I used to do them after work, as soon as I got through the door and before sitting down. I now do them first thing in the morning on a fast day, and before I exercise. It is a great way to keep busy and keep my mind off the fact that I’m not going to be feeding my face any time soon!

Love the images, Jojo!
    Love the poem, SAMM!

Good morning fast trackers.

SAMM another set of inspirational posts – thanks!

Jojo, chicken korma on baked spud, mmmmmmm! I wouldn’t be able resist it either.

Regarding housework, I’m sure everyone knows it expands to fit the time available so the key is to set yourself a time limit, like before you’re due to go out. Another way is to invite someone to visit. A good friend used to say ‘going out is good for your clothes and visitors are good for your house’.

B2B fasting for me today and tomorrow, hoping to shock the ‘scales of deceit’ into some truthfulness.

Keep up the good work all.

Hi Jojo
    Loved your description. Will do mine after I have done today’s two hour weeding stint. It is another glorious Spring day here and the garden beckons. 🙂 on a 19 hour fast today. Need to get lots of fluids into myself, so making thin vegetable soup.
    Cheers, Bay

Hello Samm. Love your posts. Bay 🙂

Hi everyone.

starting my new week.
    Last friday idid a 36 hour experiment

I was succesful but I got hungry . I dont like more than four hours of hunger . But with a new approach of

last unrestricted meal on friday 5:30 am breaktime lunch
    I eat again 250 calories at 530 pm
    another 250 at 12am saturday
    then unrestricted 5: pm saturday 36 hours

im starting this to fit my personal schedule . And to start now implementing fasting as my maintain strategy. Of 6:1. Finding it doable . On first try.

Good morning Fastrackers,
    Great to wake up in a clean and tidy bedroom, definately cheers you up seeing everywhere so tidy and now empty of big clothes, no going back for me. However my alteration pile is enormous, so basically just shifted the mess.

I love the saying from Nicky F about good for clothes to go out, visitor good for the house. To be honest I quickly throw things in cupboards before visitors, naughty.

Two more mosquito bites today, they bit through jeans for goodness sake. When oh when will they be gone.

I have decided to do all my sports today as it may be my last chance for a while,post steroid injections in the spine. Heartily sick of not jumping about and desperately missing yoga.

Poor old dog is in the wars again, broken his claw, limping badly so a vet visit is necessary. Taking my daughters tortoise in too for his pre-sleep vitamin booster, but first I need to find where he has hidden, with my dense planting it can take awhile.

I have just put some dwarf sunflowers up my entrance path, surrounded by blue and yellow violas, they are so cheerful and welcoming. As I suspected my dog likes them for another reason, hope they survive.

Fasting today. Porridge and blueberries for breakfast, lots of water, soup for lunch and thai quinoa with veg for dinner. Exercise – ballroom fitness, yoga, swimming and badminton. I don’t do exercise by halves.

Have a good fast or feed day everyone.

When you eat on your fast, eat slowly, make it last.

Morning all.

Like NickyF 2nd day of B2B for me. It is true what jojo said yesterday, that we all seem to look forward to fasting. For me, it is because I am making decisions about what I eat and not mindlessly grazing.
    I was taking a closer look at the site yesterday and decided that I should redo my calculations as I’ve lost some weight, and I noticed BMR which I had missed the first time I used the formula.
    I have decided I’m going to try to stick to something near that on my non fast days to speed things up a bit between now and my trip to Cuba. it’ll be a challenge but if it works I’ll be thrilled.

I am planning on doing my workout and some Callanetics, but after reading what jojo plans to do for exercise today, I feel positively lazy!

Amazon,
    Now you know why I was so fed up when the Doctor said no exercise. I simply don’t function without my daily bout of sport. Monday is the only day I do this much though. Other days are usually about two hours, one of which is walking or bowling, not exactly intense!

Ballroom fitness, badminton and kettlebell are the only full on work outs I get. Still too heavy and don’t have enough breathing fitness to do aerobic classes. Maybe when I am nearer my goal. I used to do gym machines but found they were a waste of time and boring, much prefer sport( badminton and lawn bowls)walking group,dance class and yoga. If you enjoy your classes and there are nice people there you will keep going. Actually choir is excellent too, I am in two, one singing proper choral, the other singing with dance moves and costumes to entertain retired people. It’s all good fun.

Happy, happy, happy!

Now soup with three bread stick, I am starving after that dance class( always a down side)

I’m not one for exercise classes as I am easily distracted by what others are doing, so I tend to exercise at home. I started Pilates in March and went to a class because otherwise I would not know if I was doing the exercises correctly. I used to ensure that I was at the front so I couldn’t see what anyone apart from the teacher, was doing and it worked well. I haven’t gone back after the summer break due to my back misbehaving but I want to start doing it again as soon as I can. Maybe I’ll give some other classes a go, there are plenty of places near by that I can try out once my back has stopped being a nuisance.
    I am going out shopping for a winter coat, and am going to buy one that is tight and hang it on the door in the hall so every time I go to the kitchen I see it!

Hi Amazon,
    Thanks to my ebay purchases I have lots of too small clothes now, can’t wait to get If own a size or possibly 2( they may be marked 16 but they don’t fit) others are fine though just need another stone off(mainly the bust) . Of course it does mean I will be wearing summer clothes in winter. May have to take a trip to get full use of them. I am thinking 6 week cruise would be good. ( in my dreams anyway) dog ownership prevents that malarkey.

Sounds like you have your finger on the pulse, classes are not for everyone. Oops I am busy chatting when I should be queuing for yoga. Ommmm

Good afternoon guys . Just in from having the morning out with my lovely Dad . was a wee bit of a mix up and our eldest was there just after us to Take him out ( he got the days mixed up) . He was as ever great fun .

Jojo you make my tired just reading all the things you do lol

I love to hear about people getting into smaller clothes . I got into another pair of my TOT ( trousers of truth today)The manager in Dad place said I was looking ” very trim ” today . I said thank you and it is so nice that someone is noticing . I am now down 22 and a half pounds another pound and a half and I will be into the next stone down . I have to pinch myself .

I am loving all the jokes too so please keep them coming .
    I am so sorry that I can’t always keep up with all the names but I do read EVERY post every day .

Have a great day everyone and be happy .

Wee xx

Hi Weemam,

We don’t worry about names on here, friends will do fine, we are all in the same boat, let’s hope it keeps afloat.

Off to the vet, speak tomorrow

Awww thanks pal . I hope the dogs claw isn’t too far down .

Wee xx

I found the perfect coat, and it is a bit tight. It is a dark purple fitted single breasted wool/cashmere mix, very classic so will not look unfashionable in a couple of years time. It looked very silly over my cropped trousers and sandals, and some would think me mad for buying a coat when it is 23C outside, but I know if I wait there’ll be nothing left that I like that costs less than a small house!
    There are a lot of coats in pastel shaded that look lovely, but I couldn’t trust myself to keep one clean for five minutes.
    Getting into the next size down, or the scales going to a smaller number in stones is always a great boost isn’t it 🙂

Sounds brilliant Amazon . I hope it will look nice a bit big too as you will probably loose a lot more weight than you have planned .

Wee xx

Hi weemam. It is tight over a summer top and trousers so I figure that it’ll be fine over winter clothes and will be OK once I’m skinny 😉
    It is fitted too, so won’t look baggy.

I think anything that makes you feel good is brilliant AND this WOL makes us feel good mentally and physically .

Wee xx

Amazon,
    I have just bought a skin tight, and I mean tight dress, sounds like great minds think alike.
    Just organising a taxi back from the hospital on Wednesday, who knew they were so expensive. Cheaper to hire a plane.

Feeling great, buzzing from exercise, now off to badminton, hoorah

I’m just about to load the Callanetics DVD. Not as lively as badminton but just as beneficial.

Go Girls 🙂 .

Wee xx

Well done fast trackers. Word of advice…have faith when buying new winter clothes. …buy smaller than you think you need. I have replaced my clothes twice and still my winter coats are too big. 🙂 Can’t wait to buy some new summer clothes for our Aussie season. PVE

Well done PVE .
    I love how we are all so positive .
    Today I weighed in at 22 and a half pounds down . I can live like this forever 🙂

Wee xx

Can I also weigh in here 🙂

I agree with PVE. Buy smaller, have faith. I am looking at myself in some of my new clothes and recognising that they are wrong style for a slim woman.

Yes, wee, I love the positivity on this thread. Go, fast trackers, go !! Thanks, Jojo.

Fish, veggies and nuts, 700 calories under TDEE for a feed day.
    I figure I’ll start a new approach and see how it goes. My current diet plan includes fasting and calorie restriction both. I’ll keep track monthly of my calorie restriction days in a Calorier PIGGY Bank.
    So when I’m not on a fat attack. I’m simply on calorie restriction monday, Wednesday,and Fridays. Looking for 10,500 or 3lbs on the remaining days of the month. I know I’ll be glad when the fat loss phase is over, but I’m happy I’m eating such great food and enjoying myself along they way. After three months of the ADF for two business weeks. My scale Indicates I need to be on point the whole month. gladly it’s only one B2B during the fat attack weeks. The rest of the time eating normally four days a week. Still hard to beliveit works.

If I eat sensible and count my calories roughly on feed days I’d like to restrict 3lbs in 18 days, but want to keep my Same routine of calorie restriction days in place of fasting days for weeks I’m not fasting. I have my reasons. I do however have a 12 day ADF That I Keep On Keepin On with every month. So my aim is for 6lbs a month. Happy to lose 3lbs every month.

Did you hear about the gourmet who avoids unfashionable restaurants because he doesn’t want to gain weight in the wrong places?
    Is it true that a collection of jokes about dieting can be referred to as: ‘a binge of jokes’?
    A funny thing with a diet, the second day of a diet is always easier than the first.  By the second day you’re off it.  Jackie Gleason
    Never go back for seconds… get it all the first time.
    Do you call a person who has abandoned their diet a desserter?
    The toughest part of a diet isn’t watching what you eat.  It’s watching what other people eat.
    Chocolate chips are fattening, about 50 calories a tablespoon.  However, chocolate chips eaten while making chocolate chip cookies have no calories whatsoever.  Therefore make chocolate chip cookies often but don’t eat them.
    The most fattening thing that you can put in a knickerbocker glory* is the spoon.
    A great way to lose weight is to eat while you are naked and standing in front of a mirror.  Restaurants will always throw you out before you can eat too much.
    Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out.
    * Knickerbocker glory is Will and Guy’s favourite ice cream sunday.
    Credit for the jokes goes to
    http://www.guy-sports.com/funny/funny_diet_jokes.htm

Hi everyone

Nearing the end of my second FD – looking forward to dinner of small grilled steak and steamed veg, then first café latte of the week tomorrow morning, with cheese toastie for lunch. It’s still cold here so figure I can justify it. 😉

SAMM, another great set of jokes. “Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out” reminded me of the BBC TV series Absolutely Fabulous when one of the characters made a similar comment, to which her mother (the evergreen June Whitfield) replied ‘only one dear?’. Please forgive if you’ve seen it before but it came to mind so quickly when I read the line.

Have had a busy day at our Mount Lofty Botanic Garden site, teaching a class on fern propagation, with practical 3-hour session tomorrow morning. Just returned from lovely long walk to collect specimens for tomorrow. Talk about spring blossom! If you’re ever in Adelaide definitely worth a visit – 120 hectares of cool temperate garden and natural Adelaide Hills bushland. It’s beautiful at any time of the year. Google Mount Lofty Botanic Garden images to whet your appetite!

Keep up the good work all.

Hi everyone.

Nicky, my friend lives in the Adelaide hills and we visited Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens when I was there at the end of January. We went first thing in the morning, before it got too hot. It is a beautiful place.

It is dull and has been misty this morning which has caused much disruption at Heathrow airport. It is due to clear up later which is good as I’m meeting a friend and we are off to Kew Gardens this morning for a walk and to break my B2B fast with coffee and cake!

I’ve weighed myself this morning and despite 4 fast days out of the last 7 the scales have decided not to move, but having been here before I’m not going to worry about it.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning fast trackers,
    I will not be looking at the above utube link but if anyone else does please report it if it is advertising. Gotran78 is new to this thread.

Badminton was not as much fun ( game wise ) as they decided we had to play the rules for mixed doubles. This involves the woman playing at the front and the man at the back. You cover the with of the court. Usually we play sides and cover front to back of the court. It is very confusing and as a front player you need to read the shuttle very quickly and jump high to intercept it. As a person that wears glasses with fluorescent lights I found this very difficult. But I suppose you need to learn to improve your game, can’t stand still.

I let myself down yesterday( food wise) ate two bacon wraps, I was fed up and frustrated. It was stupid and I knew what I was doing, worrying about injections on Wednesday. My ex has now said he will take me to the hospital which is great. He knows I had a very bad time with an epidural when I had my first child, they damaged a nerve in my spine and it caused long term problems.

So, I will fast today and feed tomorrow after injection.

Happy Tuesday all

Amazon,
    Sorry to hear you are stuck, that’s very unfair when you have been good.

When this happened to me I switched from meat to fish/ seafood everyday. I have discovered through experimentation that’s it’s not ‘all about the calories’. Foods that digest quicker are more effective for weight loss, hence lots of fibre. Also non processed foods’ are better than ‘processed’ because your body doesn’t need to process additives and possibly chemicals in the food e.g. Farmed salmon is a major problem for many dieters, try sea trout as it looks and tastes the same as salmon – no chemicals. Fresh salmon only available June and July. Fish mongers can call farmed samon ‘organic’ if it comes from a sea farm, still has chemicals added unfortunately.

Also that four pints of water is vital, burns off lots of calories too with numerous trips to the loo.

My plant based proteins plan is not going too well at the moment, there were too many other foods left in my stores/ fridge so I am trying to plan it better. It’s impossible in restaurants, this area does not cater for vegetarians let alone vegans. But the food I have cooked has been delicious so I am happy. The other benefit is financial, I am on a tight budget currently so any savings are helpful. My food bill has been cut by two thirds as pulses and quinoa are very cheap compared to animal based food.

Just ordered some more zero noodles at £1.50 each ( bulk order for 20) from Amazon, not as good as the boots deal but I missed that sadly. These are a mainstay for me, eaten at least 5 out of 7 days( stir fried with sweet chilli sauce and loads of onions, peppers and fish or seafood – delicious and very quick to prepare and you can add any veg you like. Try it!

Don’t give up just embrace dietary change, it always helps.

Hi Jojo
    I think GoTran may be spam and I’m not going to open the link.
    Cheers, Bay

I agree . I am not taking the chance either .

Wee xx

Hi all.
    I’ve broken my fast with a coffee choux bun, light on the bun but heavy on the cream and coffee icing!
    Last year when I was doing 5:2 I didn’t lose weight for five weeks and then dropped 6lb so I’m not worried, but that is why I don’t go near the scales too often.
    I’ve given up bread, the pasta is all gone, the egg noodles are gone. I don’t buy anything such as crackers, biscuits, bread sticks or any packets other than grains. All that is left is rice, and polenta and couscous, both of which I eat very occasionally, so low carb is the way forward. I’ve eaten mostly fish and seafood in the last week, but I don’t think my Saturday night Italian meal washed down with copious amounts of vino helped. I’m going to drink beer tonight as I’ll only be able to manage two which will keep the alcohol calories down, and if we eat in the pub I’m going to have a salad.
    I’m not fasting tomorrow either but I’m going to keep the calorie count low and eat healthily.
    I’ve got a recipe for black bean chilli somewhere and I’m going to make some for B2B fasting on Thur/Fri.

I live in the first floor flat of a terraced Victorian building. There was a major leak during the winter that caused damage in the flat, which went undetected until my return from Australia in February. The owner of the ground floor flat lives abroad so it took ages to reach agreement and get organised for repair work to be done. Work starts tomorrow on a new roof so I have to be up early for delivery of a skip at 7:30. The brickwork has been repointed front and back and looks fabulous, and all that remains to be done is painting. I’m getting tired of looking at the scaffolding and am looking forward to it being removed.
    I can now think about getting the bedroom wall re-plastered and turning the room that I sleep in back into a haven and not a horror story!

I reported the spam first thing this morning as it had been posted on nearly every thread.

Hi Amazon,
    I reported it too when I noticed it was on other threads, basically it was a Zombies Sketch. Says more about the person who put it there than the readers.

I also live in a flat, far less housework than a house, should it be called flat work?

I have a paved garden but miss the grass, even the mowing it, sad am I not. Mainly I miss the birds, I used to have so many at my house, they don’t like my paved garden with high fences, ignore feeders I put out. I have lots of flowers, therefore insect life but it still doesn’t fetch the birds. Anyone got any ideas to attract them?

Just had some low cal soup and looking up recipes for sugar free treat so make for a friend, perhaps using honey? Suggestions?

Thanks and have a lovely day fasting buddies

This one looks good, and I guess GF flour would make it even better

http://nowaythatshealthy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/honey-cake-refined-sugar-free-whole.html

Amazon that looks great 🙂 .

Wee xx

Good morning, all! Been up and down and all around food, fast, and weight wise. Despite all that, continued confidence in our plan and all of you, as well as myself to lose weight and maintain! Keep fighting the good fight!

Hi everyone,

Just to assure you all that I haven’t flounced off in a hissy fit. The failure to post is down to the fact that I’ve finally got all – well most – of my ducks in a row and am working away on my dissertation. So far, there have been no cravings for ‘brain fodder’, in other words chocolate and other naughties, and no fast days have been screwed up so far.

It’s a lovely day in London. Hope it’s the same where you are.

Hi hermajtomomi, I am afraid I have had two ‘hissy fits’ at the bowls club. It was time to put a few injustices to rights. Bloody dinosaurs are stuck in the Victorian era. Long story that I won’t bore you with but Jojo will not be silenced and downtrodden by the sexist old codgers. Very glad you are rising out of your study zone. Bet you are feeling stiff from laptop use.

Ply
    On a positve note I have just ordered three cookery books, basically I need them if I am going to do this plant based diet. The more I read about the benefits the more I am enthused to follow this plan at least at home.

Made some cheese scones for my friends and family, now using up all the non meat/ cheese/ eggs foods in my cupboards. Still need to use the sausages, bacon, chops and fish from the freezer. I may be doing quite a lot of entertaining, me thinks. Either that or my dogs will get a very early Christmas.

Weemam and Amazon,
    Thanks for your enthusiasm, it helps us all when we are finding it tough. I have found arguements are the worst when you are dieting. Food is so comforting. I must find another source of comfort.

Speak tomorrow guys, off to choir tonight. Shosholosa – African song is great – google it to hear this amazing choral piece.

Hi jojo,

As I finish for the day, it’s a good moment to reply. As for the sexist Victorian dinosaurs, you tell ’em mate! Just one thing. I hope you are talking about the bunch of old misery-guts at your old club and that you haven’t fallen out of the frying pan into the fire and that there is another gang of old geezers at the new one.

I’m still recovering, somewhat tearfully, from listening to Shosholosa, so beautifully performed, so joyous and so incredibly moving. There is something about South African music that gets me right there. Thank you so much for sending it my way. I’ve posted the link so that others can enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saJmOw0GGyI

Another favourite is Nkosi Sikelel’iAfrika, a South African folk song, not the national anthem as it is often labelled. I won’t post the link as I seem to remember that your technology goes haywire if you attempt to follow links. Just google the title, there are many different versions on youtube.

Had a bad fall tonight and got the fright of my life . gave hubby quite a scare too . Just calming down . I was showing him something on the laptop and forgot I had stretched the cable across the room . I went from standing up to falling flat on my face . My glasses cut into my nose and lots of blood . Thought I had broken my nose but it was my glasses cut into my face and knees on the stone floor ( stone under the carpet and felt). thought my teeth had come through my lip too . I was shaking for some time . Now I realize how lucky I am . I could have broken bones or lost an eye with my glasses . still sore and nose looks like I had been punched .

Good that it is now a fasting day 🙂 . Wonder what I will look like in the morning though .
    I hope you all had a good day .

Wee xx

Hi all.
    Failed again! Had fish and chips in the pub rather than salad. I’ll have to do an extra hour of exercise tomorrow 😆

Hi Hermajtomomi,
    We are also singing Nikosi Sikelel Afrika, I wish I could record it for you, we have a wonderful arrangement. Are you in a choir?

We have a very diverse range of songs at the moment. One of my favourites is ‘ Bring him Home’ from Les Mis. It sounds amazing sung by our 80 strong choir. You can pick up my choir by googling ‘big sing – Turner Centre- sounds like art. We have young dynamic choir director being interviewed. You can catch me momentarily doing a warm up singing ‘Floppy, floppy, floppy’ yep – that is my fame. Ha ha.

Just tucking into a cheese scone as I only had a stuffed mushroom for dinner before choir. Naughty but nice.

Speak after hospital tomorrow, hope those injections in my spine don’t hurt too much.

Jojo xx

Hi Jojo,

I’m a bit behind with posts, but just saw you’re in hospital tomorrow and wanted to wish you all the best.

I had epidural steroid injections in 2000 in an attempt to reduce nerve inflammation. It was a weird sensation of pressure in my back, but didn’t hurt. The worst thing was the needle in the back of my hand. Oh, and lying in bed numb from the waist down (very odd). And it was Christmas and I was near the nurses station, where they had a motion activated Xmas scene with singing Santa… After 5 hours I was sorely tempted to drag myself out of bed to remove Santa’s batteries…with a hammer! I think the only thing that stopped me was the knowledge that had I managed to ooze my way to Santa I wouldn’t have been able to get up and dismember him…!

Hi Jojo
    Is your garden your own or is it shared? I wonder if it’s lack of cover/safe perching that discourages the birds. They won’t like being exposed to possible predators near the ground without somewhere to fly up to as a safe refuge.
    Do you have any climbing plants growing up your fences? You can plant them in containers next to the fence. Bamboo is pretty good for hiding in too.
    Could you get a paving slab or two lifted and plant some bushes or a small tree?
    On the down side, the bushes in my garden were taken over by a huge flock of starlings this year! They were very noisy and complained bitterly whenever anyone went into the garden in the evening, flying up and circling about and chattering. The lime mess was pretty bad too…

Lizzypb

Jojo all the best for tomorrow pal .

Wee xx

Hi Jojo. All the best to you. Cheers, Bay 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 1,901 through 1,950 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.