Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,251 through 12,300 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi Amazon
    It was SO exciting watching Andy in action in live time, not at silly hours. He timed the win perfectly in time for us to wander down to Main Street to see the Christmas lights turned on and listen to the local carolers. P ?

Hi PVE,
    Glad you are enjoying yourself in the preparations for your first white Christmas while I prepare for my first beach Christmas.

Hi all you travellers!
    I will be having my first Buddhist Xmas in Hanoi – interesting….

Morning/evening all,

Hi Purple, yesterday’s tennis was so exciting. 20 year old Kyle ranked 99, in his first ever match representing his country took two sets off the world no 16. He has many more years playing for his country and he’ll be winning matches soon enough. Then along comes the scruffy and grumpy world no 2 who puts away in straight sets an opponent playing way above his ranking in front of his home crowd. The doubles will be a cracker today. I have no doubt that the Davis Cup is coming to GB tomorrow ?

It is a lovely sunny morning here and all is well.
    For the first time in ages I can look back at this week and be satisfied with what I’ve eaten, or more to the point what I’ve not eaten. I think I might finally be back on track as I’ve managed three non FDs without over eating.
    I’ve made a huge dish of roasted vegetable and bean bake topped with butternut squash which I can’t wait to taste. No room in the freezer so I’ll be eating it for the next few days. It had better be good!

I’ve just been into the garden and lugged the Christmas tree up the back stairs. It has to have a bit of a haircut and a feed and then it’ll come in next week to be titivated and lit up ? ?

RT, your wife is doing really well, and we are all impressed with her determination.

Must go, lots of things to do before the tennis starts Smiley

Have a good one everybody ?

Well done, Mrs RT, a fantastic week. ????

Glad to hear from you, Nicky ??

Amazon, love your flag emoticon. ??

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Happy thankyou timely advice and wise words that we have come to expect. when the graph is sliding it is still a great outcome I have put it out there that perhaps 2kg pm is the doable and to keep on keeping on with the 5-2 because the 4-3 while producing faster result or fat loss it was not her doable so therefore compliance and an honest commitment to that will not be her WOL so slow and steady the tortoise and the hare it’s a marathon not a sprint she feels better and I think in some small way the pressure is off and can breathe again knowing that just like compound interest time is her friend. A thank you also my other fast tracking family “you ALL know who you are” for your interest advise and well wishes.

“No food tastes as good as being slim feels”
    RT

Hi RT,

5:2 works so in some ways there is no need to tweak it but we are all impatient and still want to lose weight quickly. If 5:2 is working for your wife without her feeling as if it is a struggle that is fine, she can always add an extra fast day now and then if she feels like it, and if not she’ll still lose weight and be pleased with her achievement.
    I have to take issue with you though as it is not a marathon, it is a more of an expedition with an out of date map, you don’t know where it’ll take you but you know you’ll get there in the end ?

Morning All,
    Didn’t get much sleep last night, infernal racket going on outside, nocturnal nature can be a bitch but understandable that being awake at night is cooler. I shall probably dose on the coach trip today, hope I don’t snore.
    It will be lunch provided today, hopefully some salad if not I may avoid it. Soup for dinner and I bought some very good but expensive blackberries yesterday, guess they are imported.
    Must just check the weather before I depart and put of my 50+ factor, plus insect repellent. Dealing with a few mosquito bites at the moment, those nocturnal walks I guess.
    Hope the tennis goes well Amazon?
    RT- I wish I had a partner to encourage me to stay on the fasting wagon, mine was the opposite, always buying treats when I was dieting. I know I had a choice but it is better for me if treats are not sitting In the fridge every time I open the door. It only takes one weak moment!
    Happy Sunday Guys!

Beautiful work Amazon 😉 that is exactly the exchange of skills and knowledge we all need from time to time 💡
    So

‘Everything will be alright in the end so if it is not alright it is not the end.’

Happy Sunday Fast Friends
    Peace RT

Amazon,

I like your analogy of an expedition with an out of date map! It’s definitely a journey, often with a hoped for arrival time, but subject to delays and cancellations. Maybe it’s a journey down a mountain, when sometimes you end up traversing for a time trying to find the path down, or even going back up for a while because you realised the path you were trying to take was a dead end!

Amazon, I have to agree with RT, that is brilliant! :

…. it is not a marathon, it is a more of an expedition with an out of date map, you don’t know where it’ll take you but you know you’ll get there in the end ?

I get so many great images from that sentence. I can see us all as intrepid explorers, old map in hand, forging into the relative unknown – determined, sometimes scared, doggedly looking for our destination with a calm knowledge that we are finally on the right road! The old road signs can be unreliable or inaccurate, lots of people we talk to give unhelpful advice, so we need to rely on our own fortitude and self belief and trudge on patiently….

And RT, whilst being all philosophical – it will always (mostly) be alright in the end, especially if we adjust our version of ‘alright’. After nursing some very sick kids for years, my version of alright is simply being warm and vertical!
    Jojo is right, your wife is very lucky to have your support. And its great that you get it so well, she is doing it differently to you, not at your frenetic and energetic pace, but the main thing is that she is doing it!!

Have a lovely Sunday all – I will be sewing and gardening so keeping out of the kitchen. Yesterdays fast was so easy as I kept away from food all day. By 8pm, still outside weeding, I was not hungry at all!! Today I need to consolidate my effort….

Thanks for the approval of my analogy. A marathon to me means a long hard slog where you end up knackered and not always a winner which isn’t quite my idea of where 5:2 leads us. I guess it is an often used word to underline that it is a long term commitment which is a good thing to remember when we are struggling. I received a phone call from an old friend today and we had a good gossip. We were chatting away and my weight loss came into the conversation. I saw her in August last year and I realised while talking to her that I should be doing cartwheels rather than berating myself as I weigh three stones (19 kilos) less than then.
    So despite the ups and downs of life and weight I am in a winning position, and almost at my destination, the city called Maintenance. I shall be stopping off at the resort of Christmas for a while which will delay my arrival date but I have an open ended ticket ?

Hello Everyone,
    I like the map idea. I would like to write about my fasting journey as an explorer into familiar but uncharted terriatory. I am so glad everyone is with me on this journey. Friends make life so much easier. Hanging out with you has made my life richer. It seems I am stuck in this little town of very little growth of mindset or interest in traveling. I want to travel the world and feel comfortable doing it. You my friends are showing it is possible. It is just not a dream to me but a goal to achieve. With that goal I want to be at goal weight, Amazon.. you are almost there. I am only a kilo off.
    Thanksgiving was a tough day, ate too much.
    Love love love reading the posts.
    Take care…

Good afternoon all from the mild and sunny Adelaide Hills.

Amazon, wonderfully apt metaphor for our chosen WOL – love it!

Had a busy Friday and Saturday, with shopping in the city and near environs for new driveway lights (our neighbour broke 2/4 of our old ones pruning trees along our common boundary) and birthday gifts for our daughter, plus some Christmas shopping. Then collected grandchildren from school and brought them home to stay the night while our daughter and Son-I-L attended the first day/night of the Test cricket, Australia playing New Zealand. The children were up early and it was ‘all go’ with breakfast, smoko, kitchen clean-up and washing. After they went home I caught up on accumulated ironing with the cricket on TV, then started baking for Christmas, along with roast beef for dinner. Definitely ready for bed after that!

Today much more leisurely with relaxed sleep-in and two more loads of washing. Sorted out my fabric stash with a view to starting a patchwork quilt for my daughter using fabrics with autumn tones left over from dresses I made when she was little. Also found 2m of apricot-coloured velveteen bought for a never-started project at least 40 years ago with which I will back it. Found a lovely little fabric shop recently with lots of fabulous prints and plains ideal to extend the existing stockholding. Looking forward to it as I’ve never done any patchwork before, except for boring stuff like mending holes in OH’s field clothes 🙂

Fasting tomorrow but today will eat cake!

Happy Sunday all. n xxx

Good evening All,
    Wonderful day but it was definitely an eating day. This was my first real Aussie BBQ and I enjoyed it a lot. There were lovely salads and fruit too. Drinking Daintree tea was on the agenda. So I will definitely fast tomorrow as I travel to Cairns.
    NickyF- I made a patchwork baby quilt cover once, I really enjoyed the cutting and laying out but padding and stitching drove me to distraction. It was beautiful and my work colleague was very grateful for my personal gift. I think it took me about 5 months to make it, if I can find a photo when I get home I will post it, it was pastel shades of pinks and purples. I went to a needle raft exhibit last year in London, some of the quilting I saw there was truly remarkable. Good Luck with the project.
    Amazon- I am definitely not making any progress at the moment, it is so frustrating. The only thing I am keeping up with are my steps. I really need to organise my food better.
    Sarah- well done you
    Amazon- I think it will be next Christmas before I reach goal.
    Have a good week everyone!
    I wonder if that ghastly Storm in Brisbane will catch up with me?

Morning/evening all

Great to catch up with everyone.
    Sarah, I wish I was a kilo away from goal. I am not going to set any more deadlines, just keep on keeping on. Where are you SAMM we miss you!
    Nicky, you are such a busy woman, you must have so much drive and energy. Enjoy your cake, I’m fasting today.

Jojo, I stayed in Cairns and loved it, lots of places to go from there. I hope you are going on the Kuranda railway.

Have a good one everybody ?

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉

I had planned for a alcohol free weekend which was going really well until eldest son dropped in with a six pack i caved to peer pressure 😆 to watch the last session of the test match a day night with a pink ball if you please some of the vision and camera work was just amazing so beautiful and peaceful a far cry from last Saturday with the ACDC concert trust me 😆 so looking forward to a good full fast day so its Monday people lets get our fast on 😉

“It is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Hi all. Glorious sunny morning in Melbourne, great weather to motivate action!
    Gotta laugh at you RT, corrupted by your son! Though if you were being fair and shared the six pack, thats not really too much alcohol! Great preparation for a fasting monday. Isn’t that why we love 5:2? Flexibility with a capital F.
    I am trying to resist the call of the garden and get some salads and soup made. I would much rather be outside on this last day of Spring. Makes fasting easier too! Maybe if I get moving and put the iPad away, I can manage both and escape outside before I succumb to eating…
    Have a great morning/evening all xx

Hi all.

Not the best week last week but at least there was no gain 😀

I’m loving reading all the stories/daily trial and tribulations, wins and almost wins (like me last week).

Had a meet and greet with eldest son’s new girlfriend … he’s known her since June and we’ve know about her but he is introducing her to us as his official girlfriend. She seems a lovely person and I’ve told son this. We tried to make her feel comfortably welcomed into our home and then visited in return yesterday afternoon and this involved cheesecake, I managed to only eat one serve 😉 .

Another warm one here today, this morning saw lots of dust from over where the fires were last week and at the time it was very hot so kept an eye on things but it was only dust thank goodness and it’s cleared now.

I had a previous post from last week which didn’t get posted from here at work (ran out of time and then wasn’t working for Thursday and Friday) and just found it so deleted it as it would have been irrelevant now, lol.

Have had a busy day and only an hour to go until home time so I’ll sign off for now and get back into things (just caught up on things from while I was away so now to start on new things).

Good morning All,
    Survived my fast day yesterday and had Greek Salad for dinner.
    Amazon – I didn’t get a ride on the train or even see the botanical garden, it was just too hot for me. I didn’t get here until midday and I visited a local contempory art gallery, really interesting work. If only I had some spare funds there were several reasonably priced items I would have purchased.
    My hotel(Hilton) had a big pond full of Barramundi. I took part in the feeding(they suck in the water and food like a Hoover) it makes you jump as you offer them a sardine. They were about one metre end to end and we’re certainly well fed, quite fat in fact. I felt quite sorry for them because it didn’t seem big enough or deep enough for such large fish. The keeper assured me they live in the shallows normally. Then he introduced us th blue crayfish and several different types of stick insects. I was more than happy to handle all the insects. Great experience.
    Due to the heat outside I decided to read by the pool which was a splendid idea. It was quite a long pool and empty so I did swim lengths. Sadly forgot my goggles so I am suffering this morning. My transport to the airport arrived at 4.45 am, irritating as my internal flight to Uluru not until 7.30 and it only took 10 mins to get here. It’s a ploy to get you to spend money in airport shops I am sure of it. Enjoying a nice cuppa and croissant for breakfast, greasy but delicious. Another day another flight I wish I qualified for frequent flyer miles
    I shall try to keep the food light today and fast tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the big rock. I will definitely make a return trip to the reef and Cairns as I feel I missed out only being there half a day and one evening. I think on reflection two days at Port Douglas was definitely enough. I won’t miss the nightlife.
    Have a good week Fasters.
    I really miss gardening and dog walking, silly isn’t it?

Hi Jojo,

I hope you’ve tried the Barramundi as it is delicious. I had excellent food in Cairns, mostly fish and seafood. If you have time go back there book a trip on the Kuranda railway and into the Atherton tablelands, it is well worh a visit.
    Have fun ?

Morning all,
    Lovely and bright here after a lovely drop of rain overnight, welcome to our first day of Summer! I am hoping to enjoy it for the first time in years, not carrying that bag of cement/insulation around with me. Though you will probably hear me moan about it at some stage!

Jojo I think weather wize its not the optimum time to be travelling in the North of Australia. March to August its really lovely up there, tho can be freezing then in the Southern states. So if you are going to see most of the country at the same time, I guess it can’t be perfect everywhere! Its the humidity up there that I find the most difficult. When we were in Townsville in August it was sunny and mild, compared with freezing Melb. and it was heaven. But I guess for such a big trip, you had lots of factors to consider. Hopefully you will get back again one day and explore some more – you seem to be making the most of every opportunity.

My Monday fast went well, now to get serious this week after last weeks “maintenance”! It would be nice to see the scales move in preparation for the eating fest that will (probably) accompany the Vietnam trip! As most of us find, its the pesky non fast days that are the real challenge. Off for a swim….. have a great day/evening all. xx

Good morning fellow fasters.

Jo, you are storing memories of so many wonderful experiences – and being so brave as well about ricketty bridges and other high/unstable places. I love hearing of your adventures although walking in the dark in potential crocodile areas was worrying. I guess you’ve now learned that twilight in the tropics hardly exists – daylight to dark in very short order. I hope the weather is kinder to you in the Red Centre so you can get out and enjoy the atmosphere. Unfortunately we’re at the hotter end of the year but the early morning and sunset light is spectacular, as well as the temperatures being a little lower. How much longer before you go home? Swimming goggles don’t have to be very expensive. Fattening up barra? Yummo!

Amazon, Andy did GB proud. Thank you for the compliment about drive and energy – however I must demur; I would be one of the laziest women on the planet. As Shirley Conran said in her book ‘Superwoman’ “I’d much rather lie on the sofa than clean under it.” What I do have is a very low boredom threshold so am always devising new projects. Unfortunately if something goes wrong I don’t want to know about it, hence my stock of fabrics – OH calls it my unfinished symphonies. This quilt project seemed like a good way to use something which would otherwise be wasted; I also prize thriftiness. It remains to be seen whether I persevere when it gets hard, although I’m getting better on that front too, maybe this WOL has other spinoffs. I can’t get over how robust your metaphor for our fasting journey is – parallels everywhere!

Well done Sarah – to borrow Amazon’s words, you are about to arrive at your destination called Maintenance.

RT, I was so envious of you going to the accadacca concert – glad you enjoyed it and another bonding experience with your boys. Our budget couldn’t handle another one so soon after seeing Fleetwood Mac in October. Mrs RT is making such good progress and good to hear she is charting her own route and making her own modifications to your updated map. Had to laugh at you succumbing to beer drinking peer pressure – all in a good cause. 😉 You’re so right about the camera work at the cricket – brilliant!

Nama, glad your kitchen and garden work kept you busy enough to survive your FD. It was hot yesterday morning here but our cool change arrived about lunch time. Lovely mild 21C forecast for us today. Enjoy your swim.

AO, well done on no gain – even if we’re not recording losses each week, we are learning good lessons about maintenance. Good work on resisting a second slice of cheesecake when you met your son’s new girl – under the same circumstances of combined stress and relief I suspect I wouldn’t have been able to stop at one. Has your tutoring finished for the year? The smoke and dust from the bushfire so early in the season is a sobering reminder for us all about our preparation – so sad for those who lost so much.

Another good FD done and dusted and feeling strong today with just two cups of black tea under my belt so far. Despite the eating on last week’s non-FDs being fairly indulgent, the scales yesterday morning showed a real improvement of 1kg for the week with another 1.2kg down this morning, although of course most of that was water and ‘food in transit’ from Sunday. I’m really amazed that I can achieve a loss despite only following the basic 5:2 routine so assume that my non-FD eating habits have changed so gradually that I hadn’t noticed. Whatever the reason this is one happy bilby.

It’s my darling daughter’s birthday tomorrow so will ‘burn off’ a day’s worth of accumulated flexitime to pamper her. Like most mothers of young children she has a busy life, further complicated by the fact that her husband has a chronic illness and often needs caring for, so she doesn’t have much time for herself.

Take care all and keep up the good work. N xxx

Wow, Nicky, great post.

Jojo, as Nicky says at this time of the year, the way to see the NT and Uluru is at dawn and on to sunrise. After that it will rapidly get very hot and you will like to laze by the pool. I hope you also get to see some of the pools in the Macdonnell Ranges. To see the sun rise or set against the purple and red cliffs of the narrow canyons is so beautiful.

Cheers to Mrs RT and all, Bay ??

Landed at Uluru, great it’s only 31 degrees. I am going to throw a spear, do spot painting, play a didgeridoo and ride a camel. Whoohoo

Hi again

Thanks Bay, good to hear from you. I’ve only had time for very intermittent posting recently, despite enjoying reading others’ contributions; had time this morning to repay the compliment.

Jojo, Bay is spot on. The colours in Albert Namatjira’s paintings look unreal until you see the area live.

Have fun with your activities. Dot paintings can sell for lots of money – maybe you can cover the cost of your trip when back at home. 😉

Reading everyones posts is like a warm cozy blanket. Nicky, I love your post too. My day was good. Hoping to go to Uluru one day.

NickyF,
    Now there is a thought, perhaps I could auction my masterpiece on EBay. I am booked for sunset dinner tonight and sunrise champagne breakfast tomorrow. Then I have painting and didgeridoo lesson. Full day me thinks. Next day I start with pillion on Harley Davidson around Uluru. I leave the following day for Alice. Not sure about a helicopter or camel ride trip- dangerous and smelly in that order but I will see how I feel tomorrow- knackered I suspect.
    I don’t plan on fasting tomorrow but maybe next day.
    Sarah- definitely visit Uluru, maybe when it’s cooler?

So much activity Jo! I’m glad you’re enjoying the wide range of experiences. Australia is a large and varied country, isn’t it?
    Even little Scotland has given us massively varied experiences. Snow, sunshine, medieval villages, grand castles, great wildlife, stunning photographs.
    Fasted yesterday for the first time this trip…we needed to ?. I find it easier here, maybe because I’m away from my own kitchen with its temptations.
    Well done Nicky on rediscovering pure 5:2. The fasts really do reset your appetite for the other days.
    Keep up the good work Amazon and Sarah. And Bay,with your sugar free challenge.
    Hitting the road this morning for the Lakes.
    Cheers P ?

Hi Purple,
    There is a term used in medicine “prn” – latin abbbrev. for something, means “when necessary” – docs often put it on a prescription. You as a maintainer, obviously fast prn!! Way to go. Definitely easier when away from a kitchen!

Hi Nama
    But keep in mind all that is on offer at the fabulous Christmas markets! ? I could have put 20kg back on easily but I’d have nothing to wear! ???
    At least in Vietnam you can avoid carbs and still eat great street food. When do you go? P

Yep, plus the cold makes you so hungry!!
    We leave on the 20th. I plan to only eat deep fried or food from a boiling cauldron, not keen to get ‘delhi belly’! Have to be good though as I bought a gorgeous, full-length beaded number today (size 14!) and I need to fit into it on the 26th! Between the travel scales and fasting I am quietly confident..

Nama,
    So you gave in to social pressure on the dress front? What happened to the lace number? Or is that for another occasion. No matter just enjoy it. I don’t think I will go down a size on this trip, it’s torture. Had a lovely sangria with my ceasar salad for lunch, yummo as they say over here.
    PVE- sounds like you are having a good time and experiencing climate variety. The heat here is a bit much for me to be honest, that is why I may not do the camel ride, I don’t think I can hack it, no shade. Such a wimp I know. Still thinking about the helicopter ride though.
    I am really getting in to Australian Politics because I am watching lots of news over here. Don’t really enjoy the commercial T’s channels, far too many adverts and too often. I have given up on three films because I simply can’t stand it. I suppose I mainly watch BBC at home or DVDs thereby avoiding commercial TV.
    Met a nice widow (travelling solo)today, she is joining me to do dot painting tomorrow. She has been travelling around Australia since September so it will be interesting to chat with her. She is also from the South Coast of the UK(Brighton). Which reminds me I must plan my masterpiece. Goodnight all. I will be star gazing tonight, will you?

Hi Jojo, ha, yes I caved! The lace number had two issues, being black was not good for a wedding in Vietnam and being short also was a no no apparently! And who can resist an excuse to buy a new dress? Not quite sure how to break it to husband yet – he is already hyperventilating about what the ‘non-wedding wedding’ is costing us!
    The dot painting sounds like fun, and the Harley ride should be fab too! And I imagine you are enjoying the sunset dinner by now? Warm days are compensated by beautiful evenings and early mornings.
    Don’t stress too much about your weight, I am sure you have changed your ‘bad’ habits enough by now that you won’t be doing as much damage as you think. Your trip sounds amazing, it would be a shame to spoil the fun with worrying too much…
    You are so right about commercial TV, totally unwatchable live to air with all the ads. We mostly watch ABC, or if something good is on the commercial channels we always record it and watch without ads.
    Have fun with tomorrows activities!!

Morning/evening all,

Nicky well done on the loss, you are doing well. I’m still working hard to keep my non fast days under control. Not much to show for it yet but I’ll get there.
    Andy did do himself, his team and GB proud. Much has been made of his immense contribution but if James Ward hadn’t beaten John Isner (who was ranked 100 places higher) back in March in R1, Andy wouldn’t have had the opportunity to hit the championship winning shot, and what a shot it was Smiley

Tennis over until next year now, but I’ve plenty to do keep me busy ?

Nama, the dress sounds fabulous. You’ll look gorgeous in it.
    I’ve been showing odd forma while about my size 12 trousers but they’ve all been stretchy fabrics until yesterday. I was looking for some lightweight trousers for my holiday,which is on mean feat in his country in December. There are some but the majority are made from patterned fabric and most of my tops are so I need them to be plain. I found a pair, really wide legged non stretch in black. They fit albeit rather tightly around the top which will be my motivation between now and the end of January. Even better, Black Friday weekend deals meant they were reduced by 33% so they were also a bargain.
    It would be good to have another pair in a light, neutral colour so I’ll keep looking.

Jojo, helicopters are noisy but it is a once in a lifetime opportunity so go for it!

Purple, you seem to be really enjoying Scotland, I hope that continues.

FD for me today, and off to the gym soon. Have a good one everybody ?

Hi Amazon, sorry but have you been feeding your keyboard coffee again? “showing odd forma” ??

Hi Nama

Can you post a pic of you wearing the dress so we can all see the glam you. ??

Fasted for 24 hours today in the heat. ?? Cool change here already.

Cheers, Bay

Hi Bay, I will post some “wedding” pics when hair and make up also done! Dress presently well hidden in back of cupboard, need to find the right moment to unveil it! May be a divorce before the “wedding”! Well done on your 24 hr fast!

Hi All,
    None too sober but I had to report eating croc, kangaroo and barramundi, all delicious. Very tired now but enjoyed to sunset and presentation by astrologist of our stars and solar system. Course the Southern Sky is very different to what we normally see at home.
    Great evening, made some new friends fron several nations.
    Fasting tomorrow

Ooops, that should read showing off for a while!

Back from the gym and trying to keep busy until dinner time so I’ve now got my Christmas tree ? in situ and decorated ?
    Only another couple of hours to keep me out of mischief!

It is so mild here I’ve no heating on and just wearing a thin top and trousers.

I’m not fond of crocodile meat but pleased to have tried it. I love to try different foods when I’m abroad.

Good afternoon all you lovely people . Almost 4 oclock and I am still frozen AND the heating is on :(.

I have been doing great but I made a clootie dumping the other day and I kept picking at it sooo it is now sliced and in the freezer .
    I had made them the old fashioned way for years but found a microwave recipe the other day and it is amazing and so quick . I will be making some for gifts for friends now .
    Awww what a lovely surprise I got yesterday . When I went downstairs Jim handed me a gift handed in from one of our neighbours( not the new ones next door) and I thought it was a chocolate advent calender. On looking closer it is NOT chocolates but tea-lights . It is lovely . never seen one like that . I love it . How lovely of them to do that.
    Jim bought me a Christmas Jumper (sweater) yesterday . I have NEVER had one as I always felt too fat . I love it . Black with a reindeer and things done in sequins .

We are bringing Dad here to have Christmas dinner with us and our youngest son too. So looking forward to it .

Having a FD today to get the extra from the dumpling off .
    Still have the curtains and the new curtain pole to put up in the man den . Jim says it is too posh to be a man den and has now to be named ” the office” lol .

I just love this thread and read it every day even though I haven’t been contributing as much .

I still say it is great to have all the help and support in here .

We had a brilliant visit with PVE and her lovely husband last week . We both felt as if we had known them for years . Jim is usually quite shy at first but he was ” blethering” away from the start .

Looking forward to meeting more of you lovely people ..Take care all of you lovely loosers

Wee xxxxx

Hello Fast Trackers

Well I shivered through the first day of summer with the heater on so not ideal and dragged the parker gloves and beanie back out of the wardrobe for my morning walk. I am experiencing somewhat of a coleslaw revolution Nama almost addiction as the number one go to food with whatever protein of choice I personally had never seen the zoosh mayo range and wow it is a range hey? But the kickin coleslaw is the bomb for sure. I didn’t like the chunky sliced apple so have grated that along with the carrot and I am the king and the master and it really is working beautifully. Happy days I have been doing a stack of research on the LCHF concept inter twined with IF combined with eating windows and I really find being paid at work to carry out this research project most helpful 😆 I have also being laying the ground work with yfee to perhaps introduce some HIIT for us to embrace I do have some ideas on what that could be made up of 😉
    Loved the image of hubby hyperventilating at the thought of the non wedding wedding costs nama I don’t even have a passport as yet nor left Australia still 18 years of work involved or should I say attendance ok happy hump day fast friends.

It’s game 7 of the NBA finals and a man makes his way to his seat at centre court. He sits down and notices that the seat next to him is empty. He leans over and asks his neighbour if someone is sitting there. He responds, “No, the seat’s empty.” “The first man exclaims, “What?!? Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the NBA finals and not use it?” The neighbour responds, “Well the seat is mine, but my wife passed away and this is the first NBA finals we haven’t been together.” The first man responds,” I’m sorry to hear that. Wasn’t there anyone else, a friend or relative, that could’ve taken that seat?” The neighbour responds, “No, they’re all at the funeral.”

“It is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Very early morning all,
    On my way to sunrise over Urulu and definitely fasting. Feeling very poorly after consuming four glasses of red wine last night. Didn’t get much sleep at all, very dehydrated. Lesson learned no more alcohol for me in this hot climate. I was drinking water too but obviously not enough.
    Coach full of very tired people of several nationalities.
    Just met two ladies from Yorkshire who now live in the Isle of Skye

Nama, you know Mr N is going to adore you in the new dress and not consider the cost!!
    Amazon, we have ejoyed Scotland, especially meeting Wee, but are now heading south in much warmer weather. Almost disappointing as we have seen lots of snow and learned to rug up well.
    Wee, Mr P says he and Jim were only able to talk when we left them to order drinks. Poor boys. ?
    Jo, we only watch ABC and SBS television at home. Hate ads! I’m experiencing the same issue with bl***y ads here. ? Lots of channels, nothing to watch. Thank goodness I like reading.
    Both of us fasted yesterday and our weights dropped back .8 kg. SO easy. So vital to use our scales to monitor weight. I don’t think any of us can ever relax completely over weight ever again. Easy to pull back when you know.
    Be good everyone. P

Hi Everyone,
    Read the wonderful posts of NBA, camels, too much wine, dresses, reindeer sweaters, cool temperatures, hot temperatures, and an advent calendar. My brain is too tired to respond at the end of a long day. I need a vacation. Jo-jo which touring company are you using. Are you a travel agent and selling good vacations? lol

Hi everyone,

Great posts one and all, Jojo such a fantastic time you’re having albeit a bit hot (and yes it DOES get very hot from now on so you will probably feel it a lot more than those of us who are more accustomed to such temperatures).

PVE well done with the maintaining/losing while holidaying. Glad you, Mr PVE, Wee and Mr Wee all had a good natter.

RT glad you and Mrs RT are enjoying combined experiments of one each alone yet together … enjoy yourselves 😉

Must run as at work and just having a couple of mins break between things needing to be done 😀

Sarah,
    I used a personal independent travel councillor who booked the trip through Anzcro. I chose where and how long I wanted to spend in each city- 5 days with 2 sightseeing tours organised at each one. I then do my own thing on the other days, it could be rest, visit botanical gardens, art galleries or meet friends( make friends). I always visit a Tourist Information for their advice and research the area on the net. You may have gathered that I particularly like contact with the animal world so always ensure encounters are foremost in my plans. Still not sure about doing a camel ride though, no one seems to recommend them, too hot, too smelly, frightening height, too many flies. My agent thought I was taking on too much in terms of number of flights and she felt I would not get enough rest. Actually I haven’t found any of it a problem. Packing light is the answer. Also I don’t like coach trips over 3 hours so flying good for me, you can move around, read, watch a film, no problem. I did also organise all my transfers in advance. This was probably a mistake, they have been unreliable in Australia and much of my time has been wasted as a result plus we nearly missed a flight because of one company. In future I will do this myself via taxis and buses. Also I won’t get to the airport 2 hours before for internal flights, waste of time. Hope this information helps you.
    Fast went well today, drinking lots to help me cope with heat and air conditioning. Walked 9,000 steps only. Bit of a sore throat starting too.
    Went to the bar tonight as there was a live rock singer, very good guitarist too. Loved his Sultan of Swing.
    Quiet day planned tomorrow after my trip on the Harley Davidson. It is going to be 35 degrees so I will be swimming some lengths I guess. Have fun everyone.

Hi everyone.

I’ve been out for lunch with a very old friend, We had a fab time, food was good and the wine flowed. I am now full of Christmas spirit! Smiley

Amazon, good for you, it’s a good feeling getting ready for the festive season.
    I will be around the pool listening to Christmas music today, now that is a very odd situation. First ?I have my Harley Motorbike experience to enjoy. Biking around Uluru, what an day!
    I enjoyed a really good sleep last night for the first time in ages, you really cannot underestimate it.
    I have decided to fast again today, just because I can!
    Have a great day everyone!

Only Alice Spring, Darwin and Perth to go on my whistle stop tour of Australian. Suggestions anyone! What shouldn’t I miss? I plan to see Kakadu National Park and Pinnacles plus Magic Margaret River.

Viewing 50 posts - 12,251 through 12,300 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.