Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,701 through 11,750 (of 16,657 total)

• I think the cooking schedule is a brilliant plan! Thanks girls. When we have people round they tend to congregate in the kitchen talking. Very kind to keep me company, but very distracting! And I must admit there have been times when I’ve drunk a little bit more than I should on an empty stomach, which really doesn’t help with remembering where I’ve got to…

I’ve learnt the hard way, from choosing three courses that all required last minute attention, to clearing the plates and finding something on the kitchen counter that should have gone to the table, and even worse, serving something that was undercooked because I got my timing all wrong and my guests were starving….. Smiley

I now make only one thing that requires last minute attention, and go for dishes that won’t spoil if they stay in the oven for another 15 minutes.
    Talking about it has made me want to invite people to dinner Smiley

Hi everyone, it has taken a feat of endurance to get up to date on the forum! Great to hear what everyone is up to, hope you have a super trip Jojo.
    I have been away to London for a few days, had a great time; my friends daughter made her debut on the West End, she was fantastic. Straight back to work on return, now I can’t believe it is Thursday already. I did a FD on Tues and had planned another for today but hubby has made plans for dinner with my daughter and boyfriend so I will eat light and delay the fast until tomorrow. Stepped on the scale expecting a gain but seems as though I’m managing to maintain. That is good for now but need to get back to loosing, still some work to be done.

Hiya everyone .

Sun is shining today but still a cardigan day . I am quite happy with that . RT I think you have every right to be smug pal .. well done you

We used to have all the family around us for meals especially Christmas but Dad gets upset now , When he sees cards around the house it seems to trigger ” where is jess” ( my Mam) .
    This year I will have him here BUT I will take down all the cards before I go to pick him up . The last 2 years we have gone to Ross but I would really like them here this year.

I have had a bit of a blow out the last couple of days and I didn’t write it all down so back to writing everything again from this morning .
    I do not want EVER to go back to size 22/24 . I love the way I feel now . Well!!! not today lol .
    Off now to take my lovely Dad out . he always makes me smile .

It will be our 54th wedding anniversary on the 14th . I can’t believe it is 57 years since we met lol .

Anyway!! I have rattled on . Have a great day / night everyone . have fun and smile ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Wee xxxx

Woo Hoo, my waist is less than half my height Smiley

Good morning All,
    Another good nights sleep under my belt so not really suffered jet lag. Walked my legs off yesterday around the museum, very interesting. The Earthquake House was quite tame but the film of the destruction terrible. The accounts made by victims were pretty scary too. There is a drill next week while I am here so I will learn what to do if there is a quake on my journey.
    I had an early night after my Italian meal dinner last night. I chose a whole snapper, green beans with hazelnuts and roast pumpkin. No pud but a couple of glasses of red wine with my daughters friend. Her husband is the chef at the Italian restaurant, very busy in New Town for a Thurday night.
    Stepped on the travel scales this morning, not good news. I am putting this down to the food on the journey and lack of exercise. Recorded the gain but I am in control of what I am eating and will get back to lowest within two weeks I hope. I think non drinking is the answer for me. I don’t need it so I won’t have it.
    Off to meet Barata today, we are going to the Botanical Gardens, cannot wait. My daughter is going off shopping to give me a break from her nagging. Hope she doesn’t buy much, her cases will not take the strain, one zip broke apart in the journey, a new case of her Dad’s, he won’t be happy. I am very glad I am packing light but I hope it doesn’t rain as I don’t have waterproof shoes, just trainers.
    Amazon- well done on the waistline, I am very jealous.
    Wee- we are struggling together, keep fasting pet.
    Iona72- how exciting to see someone in a London Show that you know. Hope she didn’t ‘break a leg’
    Nicky- I use a kettle bell of 8 klg, I am very strong these days, especially arms, not only can I open a jar but I can crush a can, teehee. I find I help men with physical chores these days.
    Bye for now friends, have a great day!

Superb work Amazon ??
    That is the ULTIMATE milestone! You’ve worked hard and long for it. Congratulations ?
    A new outfit coming up? ? P

Thanks Jojo and Purple,
    It’s been a long time coming and I needed something to cheer me up as the scales are moving so slowly due to my struggles on non FDs.
    Having said that,it has been better this week.

I bought new winter clothes at the weekend, all size 12 so I won’t be buying any more. I may need to spend some money at the jewellers though, all of my rings are falling off as they are so loose.

Jojo, enjoy your day with Barata ?

Amazon well done you pal . so proud of you . Yipeee !!!

Jojo have a great day with Barata pal
    I have only had fluid all day will do normal tomorrow and 500 calories on Sat .

Wee xx

Thanks Wee Smiley

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Amazon how fab is that congratulations that is super impressive and well done you..Nama I have checked the Melbourne weather forecast a top of 29 and a low of 16 that will be fine have super day and be happy and proud.
    TGIF and POETS
    Peace RT

Congratulations on your diminishing waistline Amazon, you really deserve it!! Very happy for you. As you say, success will spur you on!
    RT I hope you haven’t fasted yourself out of existence!! 4 days – wow!!
    Off to the hairdresser, let the serious preening begin. Husband says I am High Maintenance, in between calling me “Twin Towers” in the high heels!! Such love after 42 yrs. Excuse me, am a bit silly today, and no alcohol as yet!

Whoops RT, we crossed….

Change of plan, botanical Gardens tomorrow. They have a cable car ride, sounds fun.
    Must go to meet Barata now, hope we recognise each other? We may need to invent a Fast Trackers uniform? Suggestions?
    Obviously for Amazon and her new waistline it would need to be nip and tuck style

Good morning all.

Amazon, many congrats on that significant milestone! My early dinner parties were usually complicated and very frazzling. Like you, I’ve learned to only have one thing that needs last minute attention so I can spend time with our guests without being distracted. Took a few near disasters to hone the skills though … ๐Ÿ˜‰ OH does keep the snacks in two drawers, except for the roasted cashews in a jar near the TV! ๐Ÿ™ Yesterday I moved things around so they are now out of sight of my chair, but they can have very loud voices. OH always makes me a cup of tea when I get home from work and if, instead of sitting around vegetating until time to prepare dinner, I get on with it or something else, the temptation is lessened. I have been slack and unfocussed, Mr Will Power needs to come and stay again!

Nama, have a fabulous day. As RT says, the forecast looks good.

Jo and Barata, fantastic you can meet.

Well done Iona – stick at it.

Good to hear from you Wee.

Am off to town this morning – OH has to buy a birthday present and I’m tagging along – he gave me a still untouched David Jones gift voucher for Christmas so will check out the spring/summer offerings of my favourite label Sportscraft.

Happy POETS day for all you wage slaves ๐Ÿ˜‰ n xxx

it was great to meet up with Barata today, we had a very enjoyable lunch (Turkish) followed by a visit to the War Museum, incredible exhibit, really inspiring and emotional. There are life size scenes from World War 1 and 2. We discovered that we both lost relatives during the world wars which we found out about whilst tracing our family trees. There were very interesting statistics about the number of men who enlisted from different countries, really added perspective to this historical event. But there is no record shown of the number of women or civilians who lost their lives during this time. Looking forward to meeting up again soon.

Amazon,

Fantastic news on your healthy waist:height ratio. It’s easy to forget about health when monitoring weight, but this is a reminder of what it’s really all about!

Nama,

I hope you have a great day! Be as giddy as you like ๐Ÿ™‚

Nicky,

Congratulations on the new pbs. Next stop Iron Woman…?!

Morning/evening all

Another autumnal but sunny morning here in London.

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. My waist measurement has given me a much needed boost and I’ve woken up this morning full of determination.
    Happy, my Dad had a fatal heart attack at the age I am now, and when I started on this journey being an apple shape was just as significant a factor as being obese, and my smaller waist is more important than anything else.
    My back continues to be a real nuisance so I’ve decided not to go to the gym this morning but will be out walking this afternoon with a friend. I had a good walk yesterday in the warmest and sunniest part of the day and am hoping for similar today.
    Only ten more days until my physio appointment.

I hope the wedding is fab Nama, although my good wishes are rather tardy as the celebrations are probably in full swing!

Nicky, I hope you found an item of clothing that is a bit too tight but you bought it anyway safe in the knowledge that you’ll be wearing it soon. A jar of cashews by the TV, surely that is grounds for divorce ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a good weekend everybody ?

Morning All,
    Early riser today as I had another early night last night, unusual for me but sleep has not really settled down due to damn hip pain. Back on pills at night, thank goodness I brought enough and packed a hot water bottle. So frustrating to feel like I am back at square one again after having made so much progress with acupuncture at home.

It doesn’t feel like a foreign country to me here, I feel quite at home, safe and relaxed. I can see why my daughter loves it here. Lots to do and see. Weather improving, I could actually take my fleece off for a short while yesterday.

They are changing the National a Flag here which has caused much debate. Having seen the options, they are not particularly inspiring. I thought they would at least have a kiwi bird on it but they prefer the sporting fern leaf symbol of the ‘all blacks’ rugby team. Barata and I agreed that a black flag would not be our choice.

Lots of walking planned today so I will wear my pedometre. Planning to do 19/5 today. Good luck to all those fasting today. I am sticking with sensible healthy options.

What a pleasure it was to meet Jojo yesterday, to share a lovely lunch and inspiring afternoon at the War Memorial museum, with a most impressive display of Gallipoli and WWI memorabilia – thanks, Peter Jackson! I was moved to find my great uncle’s name inscribed on the boards along with the many thousands of other kiwis who lost their lives in that dreadful war.

The flags will be flying in Civic Square near the library, Jo, if you want to see them in the ‘flesh’. There’s only one that doesn’t have some black on it ๐Ÿ™ . Enjoy the walking, and the gardens – the gales are forecast to return on Monday. Sorry to hear you suffered another uncomfortable night.

Well done, Amazon, I am so impressed with your achievement. It will inspire the rest of the team to maintain their efforts.

I hope the wedding was a wonderful memorable event, Nama, and that the marriage is as wonderful.

Enjoy your weekend, all.

Morning everyone, Jojo as I said in FB welcome to the Antipodes ๐Ÿ™‚ so glad you’re feeling “at home” but sad you’re in pain, I just hope it resolves for you quickly.

Loving the jokes still RT. Nama hope the wedding was memorable and a fun day/night for you all.

Barata glad that you and Jojo got together and had a fun day out, I love hearing about other areas that I’ve not visited (my youngest son has been to NZ about 8 years ago and thought it was a lovely country with lots to do, but I haven’t ventured there yet).

Even though I had 2 almost FD’s (I did go a little over 500 cals each day) I am not losing at the moment however I feel it may be the fact I’ve had to go back onto pain relief (Oxycontin and Panadeine Forte) that I’m retaining instead of releasing ๐Ÿ˜€ so I’m going to not worry about things until I’ve got right off the pain relief and just try to not gain. This way I will still try to keep at least 2 semi-FD’s per week but not stress if I don’t make it. After this it will be back to basics to restart with full concentration on getting the balances right and will count everything that goes into my mouth.

Wee I just love your creations, they’re so lovely, clever you ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi to everyone else who I’ve not mentioned personally, I do think of you all, individually and as a wonderful group of people/

Keep happy and well everyone ๐Ÿ˜€

I have just lost a long post because my iPad battery expired, how annoying?

Not up to rewriting it as I am shattered. Steps recorded from today are 15, 372, feels like twice that.

The cable car and botanical gardens were brilliant, plan to return in December. Are you and Wiwi up for it ? Could do with your local expertise. Maybe we could take a picnic?

The Zoo is next on the agenda.

Had soup and egg salad today so quite healthy.

I’ll be here, Jojo. No pandas in the zoo (yet – joke ๐Ÿ™‚ ) Happy to give you whatever assistance you want.

Sorry- long silence- but yes December in the Bot Gardens with you, Barata and JoJo- will be in touch when my feet reach the ground. Tht’s metaphorically speaking.
    Kia Ora
    Wiwi

Morning/evening all

Slightly overcast but mild day here.

I love botanical gardens. One of the programmed walks on the treadmill at the gym shows a video of Wellington and goes through the gardens. I feel as though I know the place and would really like tomgo there one day. I also love zoos.

Have a good one everybody ?

Good afternoon all .

Jojo glad you are having a good time but sorry you are in pain pal . My knee is sore today too RA . has been brilliant for ages bur wondering because we are back to cold and wet that it might be that .

It is our 2nd sons 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday and our 54th on wEDNESDAY SO i AM TRYING TO BE REALLY GOOD FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS .

isn’t it strange how a couple of extra pounds can make all the difference to the way we feel?

pretty miserable here today . I was going to plant some bulbs today but my lovely OH has reminded me I should listen to what my body ( knee) is trying to tell me and take it easy . Not easy when there is a 30 year something mind in a 73 year old body lol :p

I have a singing turnip all ready to go for my dinner . keeping busy with crochet to keep from feeling hungry .

Take care all you lovely lovely loosers

Nama hoping to see some lovely wedding pictures soon pal .

Wee xx

Wee, my joints always ache if it is damp and cold. You could try a heat pack or a hot water bottle which usually does the trick for me.

Thanks pal . I will go look out the hot water bottle right now . feeling quite shivery all over today .

wEE XX

Good Evening Northerners and good morning fellow SH dwellers.

Feeling much rested after another early night, I can’t believe that I am on holday and yet going to bed two hours earlier than I do at home. Today I am going to Nespressaholic and then the waterfront. The weather is sunny and bright, in fact it is due to be good for most of my time here in the North Island.

I am just planning my trip on the Northern Explorer for mid December, this is an 11 hour train trip from Wellington to Aukland taking in beautiful scenery. Anyone done this? My daughter recommends it. Then we plan to spend Christmas at the top of the Island before heading back to Wellington then UK. We are just checking out good locations for a beach christmas( my first ever non UK christmas).
    Great to hear that Wiwi and Barata will join me for my next visit to the Botanical Gardens and interesting to know Amazon is learning about it whilst at the gym- bizarre coincidence. Looking forward to the zoo on Monday if we don’t get blown away by the gale.
    Wee and Amazon- Sorry to here you are suffering too, we can both take our pain relief and heat patches. I hope you are not coming down with anything Wee?
    My hot water bottle is in constant use at night. I had to buy another fleece yesterday, wind proof, I will be leaving the UK thin version here as otherwise my hand luggage weight limit will be exceeded. This new one is a fleece lined hoody – madness- never thought I would ever wear one but I think I will get good use out of it whilst travelling.

It’s all weddings and anniversaries on the thread at the moment- best wishes from me.
    Out for a meal tonight so fasting until then, hope they sell tea at the coffee shop! God I am so English but the only coffee I like is milky and half strength, too many calories.

Jo, the train trip was something that OH always wanted to do, so a few years ago (ten?) we took a rental car north (cost $20 plus petrol as often the rental companies need vehicles repositioned), celebrated OH’s birthday in Auckland and took the train back. Most enjoyable, and certainly a different view of the countryside.

A date for the Botanical Gardens in December ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Barata,
    Just booked the train and 4 days in Auckland plus a week in Paihia for Christmas, so excited. We have even booked a Hotel that does a Christmas lunch. Can’t take the English anywhere can you? In contrast to our lovely hotel we will be staying in a Back Packers accomodation in Auckland. Looks like Napier and Gisbourne will have to wait for another visit. I didn’t even think of driving back, silly me, too late now, return journey booked. Glad you enjoyed the train journey.
    Talk about dates with Wiwi then get back to you on Messenger, assume it will need to be weekend for you?

The waterfront was fantastic today apart from the street food stalls, seriously! I could not help but taste the Indian spicey potato, masala sauce and served with a fried paper thin pancake. Yum. But in my defence I have walked another 15,000 steps today. Guess I will order salad tonight.
    Do you know I am really beginning to love this place, it’s great.

Good evening all,
    Loved reading all the posts as usual. You all inspired me to plan for the week. Prep my meals and take a deep breath. I have been at my goal weight for 3 of the last 5 days. Planning in two fd. I did not get a chance to walk or work out the last five due to a sore foot issue. Not sure if I bruised the ball of my foot or stretched out a muscle. I have been babying it. AO I hope your pain becomes minimal so you can stop taking meds. Not Fun. Any pain reliever messes up my weight and appetite.
    Everyone I am so inspired by your posts and your travels.
    Take care

Hi Sarah103,
    Congratulations to you on reaching goal. You must be feeling very happy.

Just back from a meal out with friends in a very swish Mediterranean restaurant. Really enjoyed my small dish of grilled white fish and hot Mediterranean veg. No pudding or starter, two G & T’s and a flat white consumed. Guess I will be fasting tomorrow.

Time for sleep, goodnight all
    ?

Evening all!

What a weekend its been! Wonderful but full-on of course. Simon’s wedding was brilliant, even better than I could have imagined. It was a small affair, as they wanted, mostly just family with a handful of close friends plus a cousin all the way from Poland. We were blessed with glorious weather which really helped as the venue was bayside with water, harbour and city views into the distance. Blue sparklng water with bobbing boats in the late afternoon, then twinkling city lights later on. Everything went smoothly, I even managed not to cry until the speeches – when my younger son (32, best man), said such beautiful things to his older brother, I lost it!! The bride was so nervous at first she was hyperventilating, but luckily the celebrant managed to relax her. Wonderful time with very special & proud memories. So I have been in a bit of a daze for the last 2 days, savouring it all. Back to earth tomorrow, with a swim followed by a massage, and the reassuring ritual of a Monday Fast! Thankyou all for your lovely good wishes over the last few days.

Jojo its great to read that your trip has gotten off to such a great start! Kiwis are lovely people, and its such a beautiful country. You are making some great memories too! I have a feeling you will be needing to visit your daughter quite regularly.

Sorry to hear of everyones various painful bits – no fun wearing out!! Amazon I do hope your physio can help you soon. I survived 10 hrs in very high heels on Friday night, pretty happy about that as I rarely wear them. Several people insisted they did not recognise me, but I think it was the dress and high heels and flash hairdo and make-up as much as the weight loss. Still, without 5:2, I would not have been in that lovely dress! Promise to stop wedding talk now, thanks for your patience. xx

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB Tessy pen nib Iona72 and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Bloody brilliant wrap up Nama words picture hit the spot and such a good choice to have the brother as the best man. We all remember our own and how it was done back in the day. But a small intimate select and personal option is fantastic I am so pleased awesome that it was a significant and memorable time. my sister was married in the resister office in king william street benny hill style and my on site Vietnamese translator had 600 at his complete with a full on TV production amazing to watch hey
    Ok as a direct result of the lounge lizard and Bathurst weekend I have the need for speed ๐Ÿ˜† and the need for a fast day so
    Letโ€™s get our fast on people.
    It is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once startedโ€
    Peace RT

Sounds like a wonderful occasion Nama, thanks for sharing. Sunday fast for me, don’t usually fast at the weekend but needs must! Daughter has been home for a few days which put a kink in my routine but lovely to see her. We went to a recently opened walled garden which was fab and had lunch outside as it was such a lovely day yesterday, October proving to be better for weather than August. Long may it last, I hate winter.
    Determined to get more exercise this coming week, 3 fast days planned and the scale WILL go down.
    Keep on keeping on guys, you are a great team to be part of.

Hello From Sunny California,
    Iona72, I love your determination.Yes the scale will go down.
    Nama, I love weddings and the details, your description of the wedding is so romantic with lots of love. Congratulations, your sons are a reflection of their parents.You did a great job. Enjoy!!!
    Jo-jo, I am excited to be at my goal weight. I am going to buy my self a breathalyzer for ketones when I stay within my weight range for 50 days. I am spendthrift, under buyer, and minimalist, so to actually purchase something I would like but not need is an accomplishment. I only have 8 more days to hit my 50 day goal. It has only taken 4 months. But I am hanging in there and proud of my self. Because if I can do it after 30 years of being over weight any one can with 5:2.
    Have a Happy Monday everyone.

Nama, sounds like the wedding was amazing. It makes me look forward to my children tying the knot some day.
    Sarah, I have never heard of a ketones breathalyser, you Calfornians are leading the way it seems. I too have been overweight for 40 years and am still losing but very slowly. Lots of holiday eating going on here but I am trying to make sensible choices. There seems to be a coffee and cake culture here, just like most cities I guess.

I enjoyed the Zoo visit today, only about 10 ther people there, brilliant, no crowds or queues anywhere. Cafe pretty spectacular and weather fantastic. Don’t worry all I have the 50 factor on, I know about the ozone layer here. Only 9081 steps today but now having a rest before going out tonight. Love the Kiwi people, very friendly. We even got a free bus trip back from the Zoo today because the drivers machine was playing up. Just as well because my budget has been decimated today. Paid out for my December accomodation to ensure I have a bed for the night.
    Iona72, I love visiting gardens, especially walled ones, there is usually a much better mix of hardy and semi hardy planting. Lots of lovely colourful planting at the Zoo today, a real treat.
    Off to do some Art Galleries tomorrow as the weather is supposed to be poor. Does that bother me, not a bit. I may have a couple of days rest then as I am feeling my age. I think it is all this socialising with under 30’s that’s doing it, they really are on a different wavelength.
    Have a great time fellow Fasters. I will be off line for a while( possibly over 1 week) as there are technical wifi issues here. Be good in my absence. Keep posting, keep walking.

Morning/evening all

Well done Sarah ?

Another dry day with a hazy start, and sunshine forecast.
    FD for me and off to the gym soon.

Nama, the wedding sounds wonderful, so pleased everything went well and the weather was good.

Thankyou all again for all your lovely comments – what a great bunch of people inhabit this thread!!
    I have fasted well today, a relief after a weekend of richer food than usual. Also had a lovely swim. The laps seem a bit longer since I had that nasty flu a month ago, but I am sure with persistence they will shrink again! Then I had a heavenly one hour aromatherapy massage, my monthly treat which is also good for me I am sure. At present I feel very blessed.

My roses are starting to bloom and its so lovely to have a vase full on the kitchen bench, nothing is as good as fresh flowers in the house! Planning at least 2 full days in the garden this week, so many weeds and lots of feeding to do. My Xmas Lillies are all getting tall, the race is on for the silly season.

I spent up on some fresh nuts today – brazils, almonds and walnuts, plus some beautiful olives. Husband nearly fell over when he noticed the receipt on the bench, but I reminded him that I only eat 4 days a week and on those days I only want quality! He cant argue with that. The other bonus of all the lovely compliments I got on fri night was that it reminded him he had a slim wife! I think he has gotten used to it. Youngest son texted me today that the highlight of the wedding for him was to see his parents on the dance floor!! Sorry I am drifting off again…… still in a bit of a loved-up haze as RT would say!

I hope you managed to win at Bathurst from your couch RT!! We drove around the circuit a few years ago, I could not imagine doing the speeds they do during the race. Racing drivers are either very brave or very foolish, probably a bit of both. Have you seen the new English car program – cant remember the name, gorgeous blonde ex model (?Jodie) one host. She can drive fast too! Hunt it out if you haven’t, its a great show. Better than Top Gear in my opinion.

Hope you are having a good gym sesh (as the youngsters would say!) Amazon….
    Cheers all xx

I managed to keep ‘on track’ (though won’t see all the evidence until I weigh myself tomorrow after my FD) but a peek on the scales this am was encouraging! V busy 4 days travelling to London by train and being entertained by hosts managed by avoiding curry sauce and offer of biscuits etc and went/stayed out for a walk by the Thames or across Regent’s Park to fill in time – a bottle of water staved off the hunger pangs and I was able to enjoy a glass of beer or wine with the meal v pleasurably! Feels great to be able to manage visiting etc without having to explain or use the dreaded words ‘on a diet’ instead I can happily join in the meals on my own terms and soak up the compliments on my appearance!!

Jodie Kidd ?

Nama, I had an excellent gym session, 15 mins rowing, 15 mins cross trainer, 15 mins bike, 30 mins treadmill and 30 mins swim ?
    I’ve not been for a week and really enjoyed it. Only a week to go until my physio assessment and wouldn’t you know it, my back is the least painful it has been for several months! It still needs fixing though and I’m just grateful that it is less painful as it was getting me down. It also means I can get back to going to the gym three times per week.

I’ve started using the exercise bike as my holiday in January involves a day of cycling and it is ages since I’ve been on my bike so I thought I’d start doing a few Kms in the gym between now and when I go away.

I’m sure you’re right about the swimming seeming a bit tougher as it takes a while for our bodies to fully recover after being attacked by nasty viruses, and we don’t realise it unless we push ourselves physically. The massage sounds fab and I’m going to treat myself to a spa day after my physio is completed.

I ate too much yesterday and am actually enjoying today’s fast as the over indulgence made me feel sluggish and bloated. The workout has helped as I burned more than 750 calories and feel so much better for it.

Steak and salad for dinner this evening ๐Ÿ˜›

I’ve just ordered a large amount of nuts and dried fruit as I need some for seasonal baking etc. I always buy large packs of nuts as they are so much cheaper. The only problem is the temptation to keep dipping into them ?

Thanks Amazon, yes the show is called The Classic Car Show RT, its a BBC beauty with Jodie Kidd and Quentin Wilson as hosts. You will enjoy it for Jodie’s legs alone!

Wow you are going well at the gym Amazon, impressive. Where is your next holiday? I am thinking of being lazy and neglecting the christmas baking this year, as we will be away in Vietnam from 20th Dec. I may just have to make another of those Sri Lankan cakes though, that was so yum! Everytime a brazil fell into my mouth yesterday I thought of SAMM, reminding us to limit our daily intake of them because of their toxicity. Also thought of Bayleaf saying they actually tasted sweet when she was doing a sugar challenge last Lent. The stuff you learn from this forum!!

Well done pen nib, it is great to be able to incorporate fasting into our usual activities isn’t it – or even unusual ones! (= life) I am sure you will be rewarded on the scales at some point.

I am attaching an interesting article about the coffee & cake culture that Jojo referred to, probably nothing new, but worth a glance…
    http://theconversation.com/coffee-companion-how-that-muffin-or-banana-bread-adds-to-your-waistline-48878?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Latest+from+The+Conversation+for+October+13+2015+-+3596&utm_content=Latest+from+The+Conversation+for+October+13+2015+-+3596+CID_40017fbe580d23230ef9069705ca1e3a&utm_source=campaign_monitor&utm_term=Coffee%20companion%20how%20that%20muffin%20or%20banana%20bread%20adds%20to%20your%20waistline

Have a lovely day/evening all. Glorious sunshine here.

Amazon understatement of the month wow I had an excellent gym session, 15 mins rowing, 15 mins cross trainer, 15 mins bike, 30 mins treadmill and 30 mins swim that is outstanding and ok guys The Classic Car Show Nama & Amazon thank you I will be sure now to track that down you have sparked a great deal of interest ๐Ÿ’ก who knew ๐Ÿ˜‰ I will be putting the Bathurst circuit drive and the race weekend on the bucket list for sure. Nothing wrong with the loved up modes operandi Nama and Cudoโ€™s to the youngest son with his willingness to express and say or communicate at least what they are thinking and feeling.
    We men folk are not that hard wired in general terms
    Cracking day here now blue sky and warm sunshine although it was only 2 deg this morning with a very low heavy fog out in the paddocks as I walked out the straight bitumen road which seemed to be clear and I said to myself it was rather like a scene from Sherlock Holmes episode โ€œThe Hound of Baskervillesโ€
    Just Saying
    Peace Love and Happiness
    RT

RT, Mr P is a passionate Bathurst race man. He even bought a GT 500 Cortina years ago (it won Bathurst one year). We married on a Bathurst race weekend 44 years ago and he wanted to go to the race as our honeymoon!!! It didn’t happen!! ?
    Lunch and dinner out today….might have to do a 3 day fast to make up for it. ?
    Keep healthy, gang. P

Interesting read the coffee conversation Nama and you would need a sugar license surely to have a Gloria jean โ€œskimโ€ tim tam iced chocolate at 20 teaspoons of sugar a time WOW ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Purple this used to be such a massive day for my Dad and all his crew so I tagged along bacon and eggs on the bbq for breakfast a massive bbq for lunch 2 kegs etc betting was mandatory of course priority number one when does each keg runout ๐Ÿ˜† and then who would win in the days of all cars and all categories for better or worse but exciting nevertheless and such great names as Moffat Goss Bond Ingall Richards Brock Grice and Perkins to Skaife Murphy and what I would not do to have the A9X SS LX Torana in my garage wit wheel. Yes that gets the motor running big time donโ€™t you know. Fantastic memory thou Purple Mr p chose wisely ๐Ÿ˜‰
    RT

Morning/evening all,

Another beautiful morning ?

Nama, I’ve always thought brazil nuts are sweet. I read the article about brazil nuts and they can contain high amounts of selenium but it varies dramatically depending on where they were grown. I wouldn’t recommend eating a pack per day but as we get older our store of it become depleted so eating them is a good thing IMO as selenium is needed for thyroid and cognitive function amongst other things.
    I shall be making mincemeat for mince pies and other delights such as mincemeat, apple and nut strudel. I’ll also be making a couple of Christmas cakes, one for a friend and one for me. The remaining fruit will be used through the year. I’ve a couple of individual Christmas puddings stashed in the freezer so I don’t need to make them this year.
    I did well last year, eating all of my favourite things but in smaller portions and managed to maintain my weight so no reason why I can’t do that again this year.

I have two holiday booked next year, Cambodia in January and Burma in the autumn. I’ll also be going to Rome in May for the tennis tournament. I was invited to join a friend in NZ in Feb/March but it is better use of plane fares etc next time I plan to visit my friends in Australia.

Yes!!!! FD did the trick and the scales and progress chart show a v steady downward trend!
    Don’t know about anyone else but it’s v difficult to use a tape measure on yourself!! So my measurements graph does a bit of see sawing over the weeks!
    Also, my bust is diminishing much faster than my waist and hips – probably had far more fat inside round my tummy area!
    I’m finding it so nice to be comfy in my jeans etc and its v noticeably easy peasy to cut my toenails!!
    Keep going everyone – it’s so worth it (to quote a much used advertising phrase)!!!

It’s the little things, like bending over and running up stairs that count long term Pen. Well done. P

Morning/evening all,

Hi Purple, I think one of the most important things for all of us is to keep moving. I used to curse living on the first floor as I had to carry everything up and down the stairs depending on whether it was shopping coming in or rubbish going out but now I think they are a blessing as I get a mimi workout if I’ve done a big shop or if I need to get a suitcase up or down them.

It’s another beautiful morning with blue sky and sunshine and yesterday’s cold wind has gone but there is still a chill in the air.

I went for a walk along the river to Richmond yesterday and then saw the film Suffragette which was excellent. We ended up in the pub for wine and food. An excellent day out ?

I’ve got a lot to do at home this week so I’m staying home today and catching up on a few things while watching tennis. I’ve been washing cushion covers etc and have a few reapairs to do so the needlework box is out.

My back is still sore and the problem hasn’t gone but keeping moving and exercising is helping. Only a few more days until my physio appointment.
    I’ve also ordered a memory foam mattress which is arriving on Friday. The current mattress is very firm and was fine when I had more padding but it is now too hard and I’ve had it for many years so I’ve decided to get something with more give and have heard many good things about memory foam.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,701 through 11,750 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.