Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 16,657 total)

• Good evening fast trackers,
    Well my detox is cancelled today as I woke up really ill at 11 am. High temperature and leg on fire from infected mosquito bite. Luckily I had anti-biotics on hand from last bite so I am ok for three days, should clear up by then. Cancelled all my usual Monday activities, not a day for dancing, yoga and badminton. Went to a rehearsal for my new choir, we are singing and performing choreography at a live gig on the 1st August. Just one song to learn by heart, Christina Perri – A Thousand Years – it’s lovely- very balletic and romantic although our performance is a bit cheesy.
    Have any of you performed?
    Actually what has happened to our ice dancer, is she still on holiday?

I didn’t eat breakfast or lunch but had some fruit then cooked a nice fish dinner for my son, my ex and my son’s girlfriend. I cooked them skate wing with thai veg. They loved it. Then we had a frozen yogurt. Looks like I will start my detox on Thursday now. Best laid plans and all that!

In bed now( drugged up with anti histamine, painkillers and anti biotics) how depressing. Should get some sleep tonight though.

Night all

SAMM, ply – how are you two getting on
    Weemam – very well done on your weightloss.

Aww thanks Jojo . Please take care of yourself . The bite sounds really painful . What a shame after having such a good time at your party .

Wee xx

I can relate JoJo
    I wish it were 2114 and I wish could just put my bed on auto pilot, and wake at a spa where they could care for me like beached whale. Just a can of bean and bacon for 350 calories. I feel I could have 1,250 calorie restriction Day 1/3 lb if I eat another can. Not quite a fast day, so I may just feed my fancy. Have a lot of walking to do.

Waiting to start fat attack menu till Monday the 28th – Friday the 8th of August. I’ve already lost 1 lb this week. Without a fasting this week, and I just love losing weight without feeling hungry. Probably from moving ,probably muscle.
    Wish I could say all , but lost an extended family member from a drunk driver. Barely knew him , is great loss to my sister in law. Her last blood relative other than her children. With that I’ll remind anyone reading that pedestrians are no match for drunk drivers , so walk defensively. Don’t assume the pedestrian right of way is safe.

Looking forward to seeing the 210-219 lb range go. Very motivating to be 221 right now. Its at that weight that jumping rope was much easier last time I lost weight. Just doing my jumping jacks and kettle ball . Maybe some stability ball. We have no tv , so things are quiet. Loving the chance to get in a game of scrabble on the tablet. Daughter and I are on the porch befor the skeeterz come out drinking our dandelion teas. I’m looking forward to going to the buffet dinner on the 7th. Steak and lobster dinner before two weeks of fasting and exercise. Very motivating to get into the 21X range. 221 lbs now! that’s 53lbs 😉 I know it’s my neat and my calorie counting driving the 2lbs a week.

For September I may start to adjust my fat attack weeks to get as close to the 5 day fast as possible. So I may start to get accustomed to a “maintain with benefits” menu. I know the fast5 is an absolute fasting . But I feel. And say it again feel like like 5 500 calorie days in row of adequate nutrition may be more in line with 1930s rise in longevity. In any case I’ll be trying to get as close to it as I can , and then do it if I can afford the blood tests.

Yes SAMM That’s what we did. We have lost 58kg (128lbs) between us since early 2013. Worked for us cutting out refined carbs, fats and alcohol on fast days. Fish and leafy veg are a no brainer if you count the calories relative to fulfillment.
    Lots of people just like to see the science behind it. Fish does seem to help, although it could simply be the different fats compared to beef, pork and lamb.
    Now on maintenance, we still have fish on fast days and eat and drink whatever on normal days. We drink wine five days a week, have never drunk “soda” as you call it (I guess you mean Coke style drinks 🙁 ). Soda, to me, is just unflavoured carbonated water, no sugars. We drink it on fast days with dinner!!!
    With being sensible on non fast days and strict on fast days we lost 1kg a week consistently from the beginning. We weigh every day and record. Keeps us on the straight and narrow, so to speak.
    Nice chatting with you, PVE

“Getting enough sleep also keeps the hunger hormone ghrelin in check, so you’re less tempted”

Best Way to Lose Belly Fat: Sleep More
    Nobody diets to look more like Homer Simpson (d’oh!). So to be sure the weight you’re losing is mostly squishy fat — not lean, sexy, calorie-torching muscle — take out this nighttime insurance policy: Say goodnight to Jimmy Kimmel and the Weather Channel, and spend more time under the covers.

In a provocative 2010 study, dieters who slept 8.5 hours a night lost twice as much fat AND held on to nearly twice as much muscle as those who scraped by on 5.5 hours of slumber. While everybody lost the same amount of weight, the well-rested group hit the jackpot because lean muscle looks far sleeker than fat (think Chippendales dancers versus the Pillsbury Doughboy). Plus, the more muscle you’ve got on board, the better, since muscle is a metabolic engine that burns more calories ’round the clock. And that makes it easier for you to keep the weight off. Fact: By the end of the study, the long sleepers were burning an extra 114 calories per day (that’s about 10 pounds a year)! Want to be a “long sleeper”? Visit this Sleep Center and learn how.

When you’re on a diet, a good night’s sleep seems to convince your body to burn fat as its preferred fuel. It works with, not against, the muscle-strengthening exercises we hope you’re doing two to three times a week. Getting enough sleep also keeps the hunger hormone ghrelin in check, so you’re less tempted to steal the doughnuts hidden in back of the freezer. Homer might, but a well-rested YOU won’t. P.S. Throw those doughnuts out. If they aren’t in your home, you’re less likely to eat them.

JoJo. You may have an opportunity to change your sleeping habit during this scheduling change.

I periodically try to sleep as long as it takes without an alarm to know how long it’s that my eyes just pop open, no longer needing sleep. I’m at 9 1/4 hours. This way I know what time I need to start sleeping and still get up with an alarm.
    For me there’s nothing better than a good sleep after bath after a long walk. I need to be good to myself, snd after reading this simplified article I see how it helps to lose weight, perhaps even fasting.

Hi SAMM,
    I am a good sleeper usually and I will extend the time now I don’t need to be at work by 7.30 am. However my dogs need to be let out at night, usually 10 pm then in the morning latest 8 am. So that gives me a good 8 hours, I usually wake before the alarm. I always read at night for an hour or so, only chance with my packed schedule of physical activity. Just looking at the gym classes I might try now I am free Tuesday to Thursday. Plan on keeping current eating plan as it is but switching to salad and cold fish as it’s getting hotter here. My home grown tomatoes are lush, next year I will grow lots more salad foods.
    Dull day here today, looks like a storm is on it’s way, quite depressing really. Funny how the weather affects our mood.
    PVE – your diet has gone well without restriction on non fast days, well done. Sadly my system doesn’t burn off as well as yours, 1200 calories is my limit any day otherwise I put weight on, sad but true. Too many years of weight watchers.
    According to the May Clinic I should be on over 2000 as I do two hours exercise daily, some intense, some not. I tried eating 1600 on non fast says, actually gained, very depressing.
    If I have to take any medication I immediately hold water for the period if tablets, anti-histamine, anti biotics or pain relief, I am on all three at the moment so glad That I am not weighing this month. I hate taking tablets- they zap all my energy.
    Weemam, thank goodness I don’t live in bonny Scotland where I hear the mosquitos flourish on local flesh. My blood is a magnet to them no matter what protection I take, it’s my bugbear.
    Dog walk beckons, speak later.
    Keep fasting!

Actually Jojo, when I say we eat whatever on normal days, we eat about 50% of what we ate 18 months ago. We are full quite quickly. And know when we have had enough. I think Simcoeluv misunderstood me. We eat full fat whole grain diets. I make most foods from scratch, but it is a good well balanced diet. It is only on fast days that we restrict certain food (refined carbs, fats and alcohol) as they are empty calories.Better to choose foods that will fill you up. That is why we are able to eat fewer calories on fast days than many on this site. We choose to eat very low calorie foods. BUT we don’t feel hungry as they are filling.
    If you read the Maintenance Chatbox thread, we are doing an experiment to see if sleep is better on fast or non fast days. Someone has to do it! Even though I volunteered to eat a lot today, I simply couldn’t as a restricted diet has become second nature to me after nearly 18 months. Good stuff! It really is a way of life.
    Cheers PVE

Hi PVE,
    Controlled and restricted non fast days sounds much more reasonable and healthy thankyou for explaining your programme.

In terms of my own sleep I found fast night sleeping very difficult in my first three months of fasting. I don’t find that there is any difference these days either in time or quality of sleep.

I do not drink but have noticed that there is a strong feeling about alcohol consumption remaining as part of people’s diet. I am glad that I can focus my calories on food not drink.

Have a great week all

Most people do know the most heart attacks are associated with the flu.

but most people dont know that the day of the year when most heart attacks occur is in the spring time change. Weird isnt it? Takes me to the point of getting good sleep losing weight and taking care of the heart.

Today was sooooooo long I cant remember yesterday. Just ate tuna today. . When I wake up ill ser if im hungry. If not Tea and coffee.

Just trying to get to the two day thing. Everything I look at points to it. Getting chatty. Good night

Hmmm reread that and may not have been clear.

The switch to daylight savings time when we spring ahead our clocks an hour. On that day is the most heart attacks consistently every year.

even though this isnt a fast day for me . And I havent been fasting this week. I still try to have calorie restriction every other day. In the same schedule like fasting days only instead of 500 calorie fast. I count calories 500 less than my tdee.

im happy with the way my weight control is going where over a 12 day period I try to lose 2-3 lbs with 7 fast days. And the other 22 days I try to lose 2-3 lbs through 500 calorie restrictions on alternate days.
    keeps it simple.

This makes my hunger managment to 21 hours a month where I experience slight hunger. Even 4-6lbs a month is win In my opinion. 47 lbs to go. Should take 1 year from now. Im happy because its a realistic approach for me to 100lbs over 2 1/2 years.

im very sad for my wife. She was diagnosed with cancer today.

With my wife’s diagnosis , I reflect. Not to be cold, but I’ve seen it coming for a long time.her diet is poor,edith no effort to eat anything healthy ever! Since the day I met her I was health food conscious and she basically was annoyed and just tolerating my ideas of healthy foods. But my heart wants what the heart wants, and I came to love her though she isnt perfect. My understanding is after surgery, chemotherapy , and radiation, she’s has a 70% survivability. When I mentioned diet, not fasting, I Got shrugged off.
    ~sigh~
    Well I’m not her doctor, or dietitian. Just there for emotional support. We rented the other house with this as the possibility, a room at street level makes it easier, where the upstairs is just for our daughter , a play and exercise room/ and guest room for her friends. Just seeing this coming for her, when I was in the hospital, and then in bed at home myself. I could see my issues coming. I’m even more determined now more than ever to be in control of food. That my foods should be nurturing me not harming me. As it turns out after reading and listening to many experts in the food for health sciences. The only one I see. Is the fasting on a regular basis, but has no guarantee. I’m sad for her, and what it will mean for our daughter, but will do my very best not have her lose both parents due to poor diet. I’d have to say has been the motivation to lose weight all along. After watching dr moseys eat, fast, live longer video. I had a guide to try., but in a doable way. So I’m doing the doable ! I have no regrets.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/vitamin-d-linked-to-colon-cancer-survival/article19549657/

SAMM I am so sorry to hear about your wife . It is such a shame that she won’t try new things that could help .
    I got the book from the library and I have just put it down long enough to come and check my E-Mail.
    Jojo I hope you are feeling a bit better today and you feel more rested .
    I have had a busy few days and not been in here much at al . the sun is shining again here today in Bonnie Scotland and I have just put out my 3rd load of washing out on the line . Doing all the wee mats down stairs and in the kitchen . I seem to have much more energy . And shh don’t want to hex things but my RA is much better too . Some will say that’s the suns doing but I believe it is 5.2 boosting it .
    I have also had 5 mins every morning on my vibration plate . I am feeling really good in myself .
    My hubby hasn’t been too well for the last couple of weeks but today he went for a wee pint so That is good too .
    Had breast problems in the past (sorry if that is TMI ) but got my letter with the results of last Mammogram this morning and all is well .
    I hope you all have a brilliant day

Wee xx

Today I found a pair of trousers at the back of the wardrobe . The gap was about 6 inches lol . SO I took a picture of myself in the mirror ( only for me so far lol ) and we will watch the gap getting smaller . loving this WOL 🙂 xx

I find the scale to be encouraging and discouraging both. I love it when I can no longer wear what I used to wear. 50 more lbs to go I just have to keep on keeping on. Kettle bell day for me. A lot of lifting and skipping.
    I’m prepared To support her meals with any recommendations shell get. I took the opportunity to make a room at the new house more for cooking prep. The new kitchen is small. So I added a lot of counters in the extra room down stairs. Seems I’ve collected quite a bunch of kitchen appliances . So made a place so that they easily stored and accessible. Was hoping to learn to make my own tortilla with healthy vegetables smashed into them . Finding ways to turn them heat them into chips for snacking on but are low cal and brimming with nutrition. As opposed to store bought.

I feel like a big kid. Wanting for the walkers to get of school this first day of charter school. Were much closer to my daughters school so were having her walk. I plan to just happen to be jumping rope and let any of them give it go.

Found 3 new friends at work. 1 won’t shut up. Just like me, has an angle on everything.
    2nd is a former addict that I see needs more people that don’t smoke, drink, or eat poorly. She broke her drug addiction, but sometimes supportive friends make a difference in the little things that count.
    3 is an alcoholic , what can I say. Rather have him as my supervisor than the one I have so I trying to be a friend that doesn’t require alcohol a co dependent. Former military man. If he gets me to drinking again I’ll stay at distance though.

Good evening SAMM,
    Very, very sorry to hear your news about your wife. Cancer is a terrible thing and the treatment very invasive. If your wife will not eat foods to help her condition there is nothing much you can do to help. My friend who is going through chemo. is very focused on healthy eating.

I am back on medication which will cause fluid retention, so annoying but unavoidable. I am going to arrange for someone to cut parts of the Sycamore trees down which should help with the mosquito prevention.

I don’t think I will hit my target this month, I just know I am not losing. No weighing is not helping me this month. I will be weighing weekly in August. I must really make more effort as I have had too many sugary, high calorie foods this month. No party plans until a wedding at the end of August, thank goodness. I went out for an Italian meal tonight – I had lamb chops with rosemary boiled potatoes, then a cheese board.

Must get some sleep now, feeling very tired, damn pills.

Keep fasting friends – live long and slender

A very early good morning to you all,
    I am laying in bed, sweaty and restless on a hot, humid night. My thoughts are with SAMM and his family and his sad news. I am devastated to think what they must go through at this time. I have been very fortunate in my life to not be exposed to the dreaded big C in my family but have lost close friends to this killer disease. Other friends have had very sucessful outcomes after treatment. Like SAMM I believe diet has a great deal to answer for as is shown where cultures who do not include processed foods have a very low incidence of cancer. We need uncontaminated foods to protect our bodies from cancer cells. Anti- oxidants play a very important role.

I lost my father when I was 11 years old, a heart attack caused by catching rhumatic fever as a young child. This impacted dramatically upon my life and that of my older brothers and sisters, limiting career and educational opportunities. My mother, a courageous and hard working woman had to raise five children without support from family. She had a very difficult life and I appreciate everything she did for us. I had a happy and fulfilled childhood regardless of the lack of financial security. She died age 90 over ten years ago and I still miss her every single day.

She grew vegetables in the garden and always made sure fresh fruit was available to us. Many of today’s children do not have such dietary advantages in an age where the benefits of these foods are known. I have serious doubts about meat and it’s links to cancer, in particular ground meats, it’s very important that there is more research done to protect us from contaminated goods. Be careful everyone please, protect yourselves and your families. SAMM, my thoughts are with you and I hope that your wife gets prompt and successful treatment.

Ply – where are you? Are you doing OK?

Weemam- well done on your success and your baggy trousers, I too rely on belts these days. I cannot wait until one day when I will be able to wear size 12, if I focus that will happen by next March. So far July has not been my best month, too much going on but no more excuses, back to water, lots of exercise, fresh fruit, veg, eggs, fish and lots of exercise.

Going down! Getting healthy, positive thoughts

Reading what you write about your mother I see where you get you’re courage. Some people are a blessing in our lives. Thank you for the encouragment. I believe there is a lot of good stuff out there to eat and thrive on, but too often I shop without knowing what’s really in my food. Even the vegetables these days have stuff on them that were not sure of. So it would hypocritical of me to point my finger at her and say told you so. When I met her I was 200lbs and lifting weights and skipping rope as I am now. Only this time I’m finding the fasting to be more satifying than starving myself the way I did 14 years ago. When at the statistic of preventable death and see poor diet over taking cigarette smoke. I’m kind of shocked. What the he’ll is in food to make it as lethal as cigarette smoke? I digress.

Fasting seems to me to a way dealing with intake . Mastering 4:3 for me . Leaving 4 feed days to try and eat anti cancer, fat loss, and muscle building foods. Even if I’m not fasting I’m still on the same schedule where the fasting days are 500 calories less than TDEE . Aiming to cut 6500 calories month below TDEE Theres no guarantee of good health, but the science is pointing and has pointed for decades that good nutrition and regular exercise is the best approach. With fasting now being able further the nutrition aspect. I’ve been shopping online for the last 4 months , seem to make better choices , from my tablet than I do walking through the store. Somehow I spend less having my grocery shopping delivered. This also leave me more time to try to exercise. As Ive learned to have food delivered 1 time every two weeks. I also try new exercise on the days I submit the orders. I mean to say. I trust the online shopping more than walking through the isles, and the routine of it prompts me to introduce exercise I haven’t started . Especially stability ball videos, I’m searching for exercise on stability ball that have multiple muscle groups in the routine. Without sounding like a whining complainer of my aches and pains. I have chronic pain in three places. I’d have to say that I let the pain cause me to become sedentary and obese. After watching some of Mosley’s videos I decided to get back on the health wagon. Though it’s been a year of setbacks for me and my family . Things can get worse so I will Keep On Keepin On

Thing is I actually enjoy my foods from scratch more than the processed foods. The fasting days mean I’m not in the kitchen every single day. As much of my fast day foods are whole frozen foods. So at most I’m in the kitchen just an hour longer each week. Especially if I’m eating out at least once a week sometimes twice. Then the home cooked meal doesn’t need the shortcuts that the store bought foods have. I don’t need the dyes, or the preservatives to extend shelf life.

I would have my own yard birds( chickens ) but my wife wouldn’t have any of that.

Hiya all and a good afternoon form Scotland and surprise surprise another sunny day .
    Jojo I hope you managed to get a good sleep last night .

My Dad used to grow all his own veg too . Nothing tastes quite as good as things you have grown yourself .

Jojo my trousers are 6 inches TOO WEE lol . they are a pair I wore when I lost most of my weight . I WILL get into them though 🙂 I will :).

SAMM I kept thinking about your wife last night . We have had lots of extended family with Cancer and it is a hard struggle but nowadays there is a far greater survival rate and that is a really good thing . It is good you try to encourage her to try the 5.2 BUT you can’t force anyone do do anything they don’t want to . I wish her well though pal ..

We are just home from another day out with my lovely dad . I think I told you all he is 96 and has had Alzheimers for over 11 years now . I cared for both Mam and Dad for over 6 years (they both had it) . When he had to go into care I broke my heart that I couldn’t do it any more but the were becoming a danger to themselves . he loves it there and it is now his home he has been there 5 years now . The staff adore him and he sings all the time . he still knows us but not all the grandchildren s names . he is just a delight :).
    I am really motivated and I have the book her and I am watching the biggest Looser on Tv too :).

Have a great day all

Wee xx

Hi All,
    Boring day so far, lots of ironing- weeks worth, but it is done now. I played the song I need to learn for my choir repeatedly so it wasn’t a total waste of time.

A friend came round for a cuppa and commented how slim I look, sadly I don’t feel it. I am doing detox (water and hot drinks only) today, tomorrow and Sat am. Then I am going to a BBQ. I will take a salad with me and avoid bread, may have a banger though if my ex doesn’t burn it too much.

I have a full day planned tomorrow and may even fit a little sun bathing in after my swim if the weather is good. Start enjoying my retirement, why not.

Anyway back to my chores – cleaning out the fridge and bookcases. A retired woman’s work is never done.

Wondering about that paper route you mentioned.

What about becoming an exercise Instructor like a yoga instructor. That would keep you on track. Using your work time to double as your exercise time?

I might start to look into that as well. As im only 22 years from retirement myself :p

Please if you have any ideas about jobs that increase neat do share! Or jobs that I cant sit around.

Security guard that walk rounds
    Not a good waiter im afraid.
    Tour guide.
    fish or vegetable clerk monger

I like the jobs that double as a health benefit too.
    like working in the vegetables market. Or as an instructor. Perhaps both part time:)

Hi SAMM,
    I don’t plan to work for the next few months because I have a lot of clearing out decorating, and gardening to do. Next year I hope to move and make a fresh start in a new area. I certainly don’t want to retrain for a job at my age, I seem to have studied most of my life, no more plugging in to a computer doing research and writing essays for me but good luck to you.
    I may consider a part time admin job but that’s probably my limit now. I just want to focus on leisure and sports, I have worked full time for over 40 years, I have done my bit. In fact when younger I held down three jobs to pay my bills and care for my mother. Enough I think.
    I got through today ok and I hope to get some sleep tonight, looking forward to day 2 of my detox.

Hi all,
    Had a very busy time here. Cooking( making birthdays cakes and salads for a party tomorrow), spring cleaning(I know it’s not Spring), yoga and swimming phew – need a sit down before I start my watering.
    Had a really low week post retirement party, don’t get me wrong, no regrets but feeling really rough and I spent mon to wed eating continuously(all good foods but not within calorie limits) so I really needed the detox fast. Eating tonight though because I couldn’t sleep last night, not sure whether it was just hip pain or hunger and hip pain. Not taking chances tonight prawn salad dinner, painkillers and an early night.

I have been trying to analyse why I feel so low and have decided it is because I don’t have anything in common with my group of friends. I need new friends who are active and keen to go out and about. My friends are really not interested in those things. Therefore I joined a walking group on line last night. First walk starts tomorrow – only four miles and I can take the dogs with me if it isn’t too hot. It is so difficult making new friends at my age especially as a single person but I will just get on with it.

Fast has made me feel lighter and more focused so it has done it’s job.
    Come on fast trackers let’s crack on with this interminable diet and get to our goals.

Hello, Fasting Friends! Finally home after 11 days away, teaching a course and then a weekend getaway. Next course does not start until August 6. Just caught up on all the posts last night, as my wifi was spotty while away, and days were busy teaching and nights full prepping for next day! Even though I have been out of touch, you are all on my mind often!
    SAMM, so sorry to hear about your wife’s diagnosis. Like most on this thread, I am a believer in food as medicine, and I know that what we eat affects how we feel. I hope that her treatment goes well, and that it is not too difficult for your daughter. Congrats to you on your continued loss…soon you will be under 200 in “One-der land”, as they call it on Biggest Loser!
    Jojo, congrats again on your retirement! I am glad you had a nice sendoff. If only the midges would let you retire! I love hearing about all your activities. I understand what you mean about it being difficult to make friends when we are older, but I think you have the right idea by joining groups and sports with naturally like-minded folks. I know when I have the time to go to the gym during the day in the summer, there are groups of women who work out together and socialize. I think you will probably find this will happen for you. If you can attract so many cyber-friends, in-person should be a cinch!
    Weemam, hello and belated welcome to you! Love the mental image of you and your strapping boys! I have two sons as well. Waiting for a daughter-in-law! Keep trying those pants, they will button before you know it! so nice that you are able to enjoy time with your dad. My parents are just 75, and they moved into our house a year ago. They have a completely separate space, but it is so great to have them close. They are reasonably healthy (though overweight) and somewhat active, so I hope we have them for a very long time.
    PVE, always like hearing about your successful routine!
    My time away has not been conducive to my sticking to my routine. I have mostly fasted during the day, but have not stayed within calorie limits, and almost no exercise. Mostly poor sleep, many more carbs and sweets than usual, and even one fast food drive-thru! I was going to avoid the scale until I had a week at home on track, because I thought for sure at least 5 pounds had come back, but I couldn’t resist this morning. Lo and behold, only 1.4 pounds from my low. I’m sure it will come right back off now that I am back to my regular schedule. I don’t think I will join your water-only detox just yet, Jojo, but maybe at the end of the summer just before school starts if I am feeling the need.
    Happy weekend, all! xox

Great to have you back Ply, missed you. Fantastic to have almost maintained your weight while you have been away. Well done.

Good morning FT’s,
    An early hello as I am off for dog walk at 8.00 am, bowls at 10, walk at 11.30 and BBQ at 1.30 and finally ‘Bat Walk’ ( my woodland activity)tonight at 9 pm, busy day.
    Really looking forward to meeting some new people on both walks. It’s overcast here so it looks like the dogs will get two walks today. My pedometer will do some work today too.
    I have to stay on antihistamine and pain killers for the rest of summer so I am going to need to do more physical activity to counteract the fluid retention as I don’t want more tablets to deal with it. So I have accepted that my weight loss this month may be masked by a false reading but I just need to take the hit and get on with it. I can’t be locked inside to avoid insects and I can’t get any sleep until hip treatment is done, Circle of truth – exercise/ pain – enjoying outdoors- getting bitten – Not moaning anymore just getting on with the current state of play. Minor complaints that are irritating but not life threatening.

Now then anyone discovered any more zero or very low calorie, filling, tasty, healthy foods?

I like salads but they always leave me feeling hungry an hour later, bit like Chinese food. I definitely think hot food does a better job in that department. I am taking salads to the BBQ today though, may have one sausage but no burgers or buns, may do a jacket potato too.

Speak later if a vampire bat doesn’t get me, hope not as I need to deliver my daughter to the airport in the morning, she is heading to Australia then New Zealand for a month, lucky girl.

Jojo xx

Good Luck fellow fasters, enjoy your weekend.

Im getting my shopping done for my adf for starting on monday.
    Looking forward to stepping on the scale two saturdays from today. 221 lbs now. Hoping to see 215 by september 1st.

still moving. Only the small stuff now.
    painting and furniture all moved. Had a disc in my neck give me bulging pain , so Im pacing myself and not lifting ufn.

Hi SAMM, I have never heard the term ‘bulging pain’ but sounds horrible. I was so busy yesterday, did 21,695 steps, slept like a baby from 11 pm to 8 am. I had to leave at 8.30 to take my daughter to the airport. Swines made her buy an Australian visa £40.00 just because she has a 12 hour stop over in Melbourne. We had a great get together yesterday, perfect weather for a BBQ. It was a bit hot for walking though, draining. Made some new ‘walking’ friends and got a new bowls partner too, all female.
    Did lots of paperwork in the car on the way to and from the airport which at least meant I used the two hours either way usefully. My ex used his company car so I got out of driving.
    Spent today catching up with my son and his girlfriend, I told them all about bats( I learnt quite a lot on my bat walk last night) and they told me all about the wedding they had attended yesterday. Sadly they both got lots of mosquito bites 13 her and 7 him, the reception was held in area near a large lake. Seems they have attractive blood just like me, it’s such a shame. Several people were getting bitten on the bat walk too but not me, I was prepared, I was covered from head to toe( very hot, but hidden from the Mosquitos) they were feasting on others bare flesh or through thin clothing.

We had left over BBQ food today but I avoided bread and sweet stuff, just salad and chicken kebabs. I am feeling very tired tonight and in need of an early night and lay in tomorrow.

I really think I may need to refuse any more social invites, all my hard work is going down the pan. Life is crazy.

Night all

Jojo, maybe bats are the answer to your mosquito problem. Bats eat them, right? I have seen bat houses that you hang on your property to attract them.
    You asked awhile ago about performers. I used to be in a women’s chorus, although I have a terrible voice! Great fun, and I love performing. I think teachers are performers at heart.
    Have you checked out the I spiralizer blogs? Lots of good recipes, all pretty low cal. The vegetarian curry lemongrass soup was really good, though I will cut the curry paste a little next time. I just bought rutabaga, parsnips, and celery root to try on the spiralizer!

Omg omg

my emial notifier is not sending.

I started wondering if the bats carried jojo away.

if ply hit goal and forgot us

All is well.

first hours of my first fast in a few weeks

Good morning fast trackers,
    My email notifications have not worked for some while, I just check in am and pm, usually from my bed.
    Ply – I definately need to get back on track, diet has been crazy extremes this month and a total failure. Weighed in this morning up 2 3/4 lbs from last month. Obviously this is water rentension from tablets but it still means I have not lost this month. Too many parties, too harsh retriction( detox) and too busy to concentrate on the diet. Even my exercise has been sporadic extremes.
    Routine is what is called for now, back to basics – 5-2 plus low carb- 12,000 steps daily.

Bats do indeed eat 3000 insects(a third of their body weight) per night including Mosquitos and I think fitting a bat house to my trees is a great idea. Have you ever been out on a bat walk? You need to take a sonic detector which picks up their wing beats making it easier to detect them at twilight. The detector also picks up grass hoppers although you can usually hear them anyway. May be this is the answer for all dieters (eat insects), you don’t see fat bats! Joking- not really enthused.

But I am getting back on track – this is the second time I have fallen off the diet wagon since January and it has put my target back by one month – grrrrhhh.

I am just going to check out the spiraliser blogs now, what is rutabaga? ( not a fan of celery – but I will give it a go).

SAMM- good luck on your fast and glad to hear your move is finished. Last time
    I moved(March) it messed with my life, energy and diet – big time life change.

I have decided to do an extra walk everyday this week and add some classes to my schedule, my gym have just put their charges up by £55 per annum which is quite an increase for a retired person with no income. I need to get value out of my £10.00 per week. If I add badminton , choir and bowls it is all quite expensive on an annual basis.
    I am going to have to consider my budget now.at least walking is free and the dogs are waiting. Bye for now

Good luck this week all.

Ply,
    Off to by bacon for the shrimp recipe and rutabaga, if I can find it near the turnips- those recipes looked delicious, possibly the boost I need. Spiraliser heaven.

Hi everyone!
    It’s been a while! Me and the boyf thoroughly enjoyed our holiday to Mexico – it was bliss! Amazing snorkelling and beautiful beaches. The food was hugely varied and so delicious in the resort so you can imagine my surprise when I weighed myself after the 2 week holiday and I only gained 1lb!!! Unbelievable. I was not good at all and ate/drank what I wanted. But we were fairly active – lots of swimming, walking and went to the gym twice. Did more weights than usual as I was with the boyf. I find doing weights alone in the gym quite intimidating as a woman. Feel like the guys look at you like you don’t know what you’re doing!

Anyway I’m back on the fast train today after 3 weeks off.

Starting weight: 11st 12lbs
    Current weight: 11st 6lbs
    Goal weight for Fri 5th Sept: 11st
    Ultimate goal weight for 19th Dec: 10st

Going to start off with 5:2 as I haven’t fasted for so long then may step it up to 4:3 if nothings moving.

Exercise will be my usual running but shorter distances incorporating intervals – did this on Friday and about died in the heat! haha.
    As well as this, my daily ab workout and weekly pilates.
    Also thinking of joining a gym to try more classes and do more weights. Also more swimming as I really enjoyed it on holiday.

Trying to catch up with all the posts I’ve missed! Good to see everyone doing so well and staying strong!

Amy xx

Hiya everyone .

Sorry I haven’t been about the last few days . Had some family matters to attend to .
    I got the book out of the library and through it I found my fitness pal . I know where I am going wrong now . I was counting calories BUT there was so much hidden sugar I didn’t realize.

Now this is something I thought I would NEVER say . I am not eating near enough . It is really hotand I am eating a lot less than I used to . I am though enjoying ALL my food . I will get on top of it .

Today was my weigh in and I still lost 1 lb . 9 lbs total 🙂 next week I should have worked out better foods with less hidden sugars .

My bra ( sorry if TMI) is in a tighter hook . I don’t have a VPL on my trousers . My fingers are thinner lol . I am LOVING this WOL .

Onwards and downward everyone

Wee xx

Good morning, fast trackers!
    My notifications sometimes fail as well, SAMM, but we are all here. I am with you in fasting today. I have not had a real fast day in 2 weeks. A rainy start on the east coast, good day for cleaning and organizing around the house, and lots of planning and prep for my next math course.
    Have a great day, everyone!

Jojo, I think rutabaga is similar to turnip, it looks like a giant turnip. Celery root is different from celery, looks like a dirty old knot of wood, but is white on the inside and has a mild flavor. I was looking for things that would mimic the look of pasta and not compete with the flavor of other recipe ingredients too much. So far, on the Inspiralized site, I recommend the tuna salad with apple noodles, lemongrass curry soup, the sweet potato noodles with pancetta and spinach, and the Italian zucchini salad. Let me know what you try and like! For everyone, here is a link to the recipe site again: http://www.inspiralized.com.
    You can make all the recipes without a spiralizer, of course, but it is much more fun with one! They cost about 30 dollars on Amazon.
    Welcome back, Amzta, and hello Weemam! Love the lack of VPL, that is always a big sign for me that I have lost weight. I even had to get rid of some undies that would not stay up! Never TMI on this thread!

Jojo, I have never been on a bat walk! Truth be told, I am more of a city girl than a nature girl! A night walk with a sonar detector sounds like fun, though!
    Weemam, what are some of the hidden sugar culprits you found? Congrats on the additional weight loss!

Hi All,
    We had some scary floods here tonight. I was caught for a while trapped by a flood both in front and behind, on a road going to badminton, had to risk driving through it very slowly. Luckily it had subsided by the time I came home.
    On that cheerful note I am now watching what happens in an emergency to countries hit by a mega tsunami, cheerful documentary, not. Seems we cannot prepare adequately for the effects of a tsunami, nice thought, may need to consider moving to a land locked mountainous region.
    Fasting tomorrow. Hope Ply and SAMM did Ok today.
    You are doing very well Weemam, a shining example. Are you watching the Commonwealth Games, very exciting, sounds like Glasgow is doing a very good job of hosting it.
    Ps yes Ply I will keep you posted on spiraliser recipes, couldn’t get speciality roots in local shops so I will try posher supermarkets.
    Hello Amzta, glad to hear you had a fine holiday, I am very jealous. Well done on such a small gain. I retired last week so am planning a full on fitness campaign.
    Love to all Jojo xxx

Ps
    I had a lovely shopping trip today, spending my voucher which families had bought me. I bought everything in a size too small, I know they will fit fine in two months.

go Jojo go pal 🙂 . Yes the games are only 20-30 mins drive from us . Scotland is doing really well Yeyyyyy .

Wee xx

New clothes without the bill, how fun, Jojo! Be careful you don’t get too skinny for them! Intense weather here, too. A tornado touched down just north of Bosotn. We are not in a normal tornado zone!
    SAMM, how did your fast day go? I just went for a walk to the library to pick up the third Game of Thrones book on tape. I sat and read a fashion magazine there to avoid sitting around here trying not to eat! Will probably head to bed early so as not to crave snacks. Managed just under 400 calories, so feeling good!
    Cooked some bass that my husband’s friend caught for dinner. Put each filet on parchment paper with leeks & asparagus, then drizzled with some soy, garlic, ginger, basil, and a drop of olive oil. Rolled and twisted the edges to seal and baked at 425 F for about 15 minutes. Yummy, and no pan to clean!

I ate like I was supposed to, but when I was entering in my journal for the day I realized I got the beans counted wrong so I I had 720 calories. I still feel like I ate 600. Looking forward to feed day breakfast of oat bran with pumpkin.

Drinking dandelion tea. Woke up too early so im snoozing. No need to step on scale.
    my positive for the day. At the old house I need to get a pair of jeans for work . And just put on what was in the clean stack. Kept pulling my pants up all day.they were size 36 . Thats 10 sizes smaller than when I started. No scale ever made me feel like that.

My wife nearly threw out my black leather jacket i bought 14 years ago . That I wore on our first date. It was the only time it ever fit. She said” youll never get down to 199 again!

Challenge accepted!

Go SAMM
    And you’ll meet that challenge. My hubby recently got a suit back from our son that he bought in 1972. It fits (but DID need extensive dry cleaning 🙂 )
    Never throw the small clothes out. But dump the big ones…you’ll never need them again. PVE

Well done SAMM . Putting on clothes that are too small is like winning the Lottery . Keep on doing what you are doing pal . Your story is what keeps us ALL going . I have found old series of the biggest looser and that is keeping me going too ..

Wee xx

Morning 5.2rs need more advice yesterday i had a packet porridge 169 with milk i add that and make it 200 ,right it was anniversary so went out for meal and a few drinks last time i eat last night was 8.30 pm and have had just coffees this morning so that is so far 15 hours,,,NOW WHAT when is it the best time to class it as first day fasting,,,,,,DOES ANY ONE OUT THERE GET MY DRIFT,hahahah iam reall no good at explaining i even have trouible getting on the site to write,,techno has passssed me by ,,,,,adivse anyone,,,Gerry

Good for you, SAMM! Skinny jeans and black leather jacket, here you come!

Hi Jelster, and happy anniversary! If I understand your question, today would be your first day fasting. Lots of folks like to save their whole calorie allowance for the evening meal, so you would get by on coffee, tea, and water all day. Others spread their allowance over 2, or even 3, small meals. As long as you stay within the 500 or 600, it is a fasting day.

Stepped on the scale this morning, and the weight gained over the last 2 weeks is gone! I was surprised to have gained only 1.4 pounds, because I did not do any true 500-calorie fasts, and ate a lot more carbs and sweets than usual. Very little exercise and not great sleep also. I did not keep track of calories, and I am usually religious about logging every morsel and sip. I did almost always do 16:8, or more like 19:5, because my teaching days were so busy. There were also several social events in the mix.
    Maybe I did not eat as much as I thought, or maybe the extended fasting window made a difference. Only gaining 1.4 over an extended break from 5:2, and then losing it within 5 days makes me hopeful that maintenance will be doable!
    Have a great day, everyone! Pilates tonight, some spiralized creation for dinner! Parsnip noodles, anyone?

Good morning fasters,
    Well I got off to a good start this morning, 10,000 step walk before 11am. Perfect weather for walking, overcast with breeze. So glad I joined the walking group I think this is a really positive move. Didn’t take the dogs because the walk started and ended at a cafe, poor dogs not welcome. So I need to get out again this afternoon. Just had chicken and pea homemade soup for lunch( no breakfast, just water and tea) prawn curry tonight so within the 500 calories today as I will have zero noodles instead of rice.
    SAMM, you are fading away, you will be wearing that jacket in no time. My clothing reward will be getting my daughters size 12 wardrobe of clothes next July when she heads to New Zealand for good – that’s my goal. Luckily we have similar taste, she is a bit more demure but I can accessorise with bright colours and jewellry.
    All the gear I bought will look equally good two sizes down so don’t worry about me Ply. I still have some other small clothes I am headed towards which is very frustrating after this wasted month.
    I am seriously considering starting an early morning (7.30 start) dog walking group along the coast. I think I could fit this in on Sunday mornings. I will give it some thought – it’s only an hour.
    Welcome Jelster – it doesn’t matter when you eat, just do not exceed 500 cals female or 600 cals male within whole day. Many fasters prefer to save all their calories for dinner and have only coffee and water through the day. This does help hunger pangs in the evening and overnight. I skip breakfast, soup for lunch then protein and veg for dinner. I avoid complex carbs and alcohol but have been dieting for a long time so I can’t have these and lose 2 lb weekly( my personal goal as this helps me stay motivated). Some fasters do 2 days per week and some 3 but most avoid fasting at the weekend.
    On this thread we are all very keen on exercise to tone up and help with burning calories but it can make you more hungry.
    Vital tip – during 4 pints of water daily irrespective of fast day.
    Nuts make a good non sugar snack on non fast day evenings but control portion.
    PVE – I like all this transfer of clothing – how environmentally friendly are we? I like to buy items in Charity shops too, great for retro gear – still a 70’s girl at heart.
    Weemam – I am so jealous of your proximity to the Commonwealth Games – are you going to see any events?

Speak later friends – sounds like everyone is motivated and in good spirits

Jester:

The previous poster, ply24mp, is correct. While you are awake today, eat only 500 calories. Most find it is better to eat most of the calories at the end of the day.

Hi All,
    The more I read the more I think avoiding processed food and complex carbs is the way forward to make maintenance doable in the future. Ply I think you have educated your palette and automatically control your portion size now. This fasting diet really does teach ‘control’ and that is why it succeeds.
    Well done Ply, can’t wait to join you thinking about maintenance, sadly I am still 7 to 8 months away. Let’s home time will fly.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,101 through 1,150 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.