Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,301 through 11,350 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi Donna,

Great to hear you’ve lost weight, but sounds like a bit too much?

One thing though! You say now that you are 22 and weigh less than 100lbs and you’re very happy, but when you created the thread below you said you were 14 and weighed 130lb and that you were sad…?

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/14year-old-and-weight-130lbs/

Happy I think Donna has lost too much weight too quickly and its affected her reality! Or she thinks we are all stupid!

Hi, just a quick note, I meant to post this morning but time got away from me, a loss this week of just under 2 lb at 700g. Not really surprised as have had no appetite but did have something late last night. I am now at my lowest during this 5/2 journey as almost 19kg gone in under 12 months. Still a very long way to go though, about the same as so far if you know what I mean 🙂

Wee fantastic to hear Jim’s op went according to plan so less stress for both of you 🙂

Nama hoping you recover quickly. For me today is the first day that I feel semi right again, still with nasty cough but not as bad as last week and earlier this week … maybe that is why I lost this week lol

Finally got lots of sleep last night which has helped I feel.

Well it is coming towards midnight so I’d best get a wriggle on and get to bed. Goodnight all 🙂

Well done on the loss pal but not so good that you are still not 100%.

xxxxxx

SAMM we are all missing you pal xx

RT here as some for you pal xx

Actual call-centre conversations …

Customer: ‘I’ve been ringing 0800 2100 for two days and can’t get through to
    enquiries, can you help?’.
    Operator: ‘Where did you get that number from, sir?’.
    Customer: ‘It was on the door to the Travel Centre’.
    Operator: ‘Sir, they are our opening hours’.

————————————————————————

Samsung Electronics
    Caller: ‘Can you give me the telephone number for Jack ?’
    Operator: ‘I’m sorry, sir, I don’t understand who you are talking about’.

Caller: ‘On page 1, section 5, of the user guide it clearly states that I need
    to unplug the fax machine from the AC wall socket and telephone Jack before
    cleaning. Now, can you give me the number for Jack ?’
    Operator: ‘I think you mean the telephone point on the wall’.

———————————————————————-

RAC Motoring Services
    Caller: ‘Does your European Breakdown Policy cover me when I am travelling in
    Australia ?’

Operator: ‘Doesn’t the product name give you a clue?’

———————————————————————-

Caller (enquiring about legal requirements while travelling in France ): ‘If I
    register my car in France , do I have to change the steering wheel to the other
    side of the car?’

———————————————————————-

Directory Enquiries

Caller: ‘I’d like the number of the Argoed Fish Bar in Cardiff please’.

Operator: ‘I’m sorry, there’s no listing. Is the spelling correct?’

Caller: ‘Well, it used to be called the Bargoed Fish Bar, but the ‘B’ fell
    off’.

———————————————————————-

Then there was the caller who asked for a knitwear company in Woven..

Operator: ‘Woven? Are you sure?’

Caller: ‘Yes. That’s what it says on the label; Woven in Scotland’.

———————————————————————-

On another occasion, a man making heavy breathing sounds from a phone box
    told a worried operator: ‘I haven’t got a pen, so I’m steaming up the window to
    write the number on’.

———————————————————————-

Tech Support: ‘I need you to right-click on the Open Desktop’.
    Customer: ‘OK’.
    Tech Support: ‘Did you get a pop-up menu?’.
    Customer: ‘No’.
    Tech Support: ‘OK. Right-Click again. Do you see a pop-up menu?’
    Customer: ‘No’.
    Tech Support: ‘OK, sir.. Can you tell me what you have done up until this
    point?’.
    Customer: ‘Sure. You told me to write ‘click’ and I wrote ‘click”.

——————————————————————–

Tech Support: ‘OK. In the bottom left hand side of the screen, can you see the
    ‘OK’ button displayed?’

Customer: ‘Wow. How can you see my screen from there?’

———————————————————————-

Caller: ‘I deleted a file from my PC last week and I have just realised that I
    need it. If I turn my system clock back two weeks will I have my file back
    again?’.

——————————————————————————–

There’s always one. This has got to be one of the funniest things in a long
    time and this guy should have been promoted, not fired. This is a true story
    from the Word Perfect Helpline, which was transcribed from a recording
    monitoring the customer care department. Needless to say the Help Desk employee
    was fired; however, they are currently suing the Word Perfect organisation for
    ‘Termination without Cause’.

Actual dialogue of a former WordPerfect Customer Support employee. (Now you
    know why they record these conversations!):

Operator: ‘Ridge Hall, computer assistance; may I help you?’

Caller: ‘Yes, well, I’m having trouble with WordPerfect.’

Operator: ‘What sort of trouble??’

Caller: ‘Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went
    away.’

Operator: ‘Went away?’

Caller: ‘They disappeared.’

Operator: ‘Hmm So what does your screen look like now?’

Caller: ‘Nothing.’

Operator: ‘Nothing??’

Caller: ‘It’s blank; it won’t accept anything when I type.’

Operator: ‘Are you still in WordPerfect, or did you get out??’

Caller: ‘How do I tell?’

Operator: ‘Can you see the C: prompt on the screen??’

Caller: ‘What’s a sea-prompt?’

Operator: ‘Never mind, can you move your cursor around the screen?’

Caller: ‘There isn’t any cursor: I told you, it won’t accept anything I type.’

Operator: ‘Does your monitor have a power indicator??’

Caller: ‘What’s a monitor?’

Operator: ‘It’s the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it
    have a little light that tells you when it’s on??’

Caller: ‘I don’t know.’

Operator: ‘Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power
    cord goes into it. Can you see that??’

Caller: ‘Yes, I think so.’

Operator: ‘Great. Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it’s plugged into
    the wall.

Caller: ‘Yes, it is.’

Operator: ‘When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two
    cables plugged into the back of it, not just one??’

Caller: ‘No.’

Operator: ‘Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the
    other cable.’

Caller: ‘Okay, here it is.’

Operator: ‘Follow it for me, and tell me if it’s plugged securely into the back
    of your computer.’

Caller: ‘I can’t reach.’
    Operator: ‘Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?’

Caller: ‘No.’

Operator: ‘Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over??’

Caller: ‘Oh, it’s not because I don’t have the right angle – it’s because it’s
    dark.’

Operator: ‘Dark??’

Caller: ‘Yes – the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in
    from the window.

‘Operator: ‘Well, turn on the office light then.’

Caller: ‘I can’t.’

Operator: ‘No? Why not??’

Caller: ‘Because there’s a power failure.’

Operator: ‘A power……… A power failure? Aha, Okay, we’ve got it licked
    now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer
    came in??’

Caller: ‘Well, yes, I keep them in the closet.’

Operator: ‘Good.. Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like
    it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from.’

Caller: ‘Really? Is it that bad?’

Operator: ‘Yes, I’m afraid it is.’

Caller: ‘Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?’

Operator: ‘Tell them you’re too bloody stupid to own a computer.’

——-

What a great bundle of funnies, Wee. LOL for the punchline of the last one!

Great to hear that Jim’s op was successful. <<hug>> 🙂

Is there a time at your local pool when the oldies meet? Say for an aqua aerobics class? You won’t be the only person in your community who is a little shy of exposing herself.

ha! ha barata . I feel young when I am dressed lol . only see an old lady when I look in the mirror with my undies on . I have no intentions of getting old lol .

seriously though pal . I will consider it when I ever get time for myself 🙂 xx

AO that is a great 12 month journey fantastic effort and now to infinity and beyond 😉 Weemam so happy for you and Jim that things turn out the best for people who make the best of the way things turn out. That compilation of funnies was bloody great LMFAO 😆 thanks heaps
    Nama who said miracles don’t happen what a sensational win from the hot pies last night and did push Adelaide through to finals his year fantastic
    Just Saying
    Peace RT

Barata, how rude 🙂 A time when the ‘oldies’ meet!! Perhaps pools should run sessions for those of any age who have lost a significant amount of weight and don’t feel confident baring all?

Wee, I love the phone call transcripts especially the last one! I don’t think my response would have been so polite or humourous!

AO, you might have a way to go yet, but wow, you’ve done well this year! And you must feel great, not only for being lighter, but akso for knowing that you’re going to get rid of the rest and be a new woman and have a whole different future. Go girl!

Lol Happy . our eldest is 52 and he is always asking me when I am going to get old . I always tell him NEVER 🙂 xx

last week I called to Jim to go get the iron please :). he asked what I wanted it for and I said ” this” and waved my hand over all the folds lol . We had a good laugh about it .
    I do feel so much younger since I have lost the weight and jim says I have a spring in my step and that I look great . I just adore that man . I hope he still thinks the same tomorrow when he sees me with 2 good eyes 🙂 🙂

xx

Wee, when he sees you with two good eyes, he’ll see even more clearly how special you are!

Awww … what a lovely thing to say pal … thank you ….. I am the lucky one xxxxxxx

Happy, I didn’t say Wee was old, 😯 just that if the others at the pool were taken up with their own self-consciousness she might feel less conspicuous? As RT says, just saying 🙂

barata I never thought you meant anything wrong pal .Not for one minute . I know exactly what you meant and I am seriously thinking about it . Please don’t think you did anything wrong .

I used to wonder how my Mam and Dad still thought they could do everything they could when they were younger . My dad still does:). I know now that our bodies get older but our minds stay young . SOOO I am never going to grow up lol 🙂 xx

Good evening All,
    I can’t get to sleep, too much adrenalin pushing round my body. I won a very hard game of bowls this morning and almost won tonight(1 point light). This evenings game was a pairs match. My pair were not expected to win as we both have less than two seasons experience. The opposing team had 9 years plus and one was the clubs best female player. Now that was a result. We gave them a run for their money and enjoyed every minute. We had been tipped as a walkover.
    Fast day went well but really starving now, may need a midnight feast.
    Looking forward to the Bank Holiday weekend, should be fun.
    Great to have good weather again

Sorry Barata, I couldn’t resist 🙂

Jo, when you say ‘midnight feast’ at the end of a fast day, presumably you meant ‘the merest amount of food to enable me to sleep’..!

Hi all,

Hope you can get some sleep Jojo – I know the feeling, I was as high as a kite last night when my football team had a really good (unexpected) win. And unlike you, I wasn’t even playing!

RT, from the good people of Collingwood to the good people of Adelaide, it was a pleasure!

AO that is brilliant news that you have made a PB! Well done, especially whilst being so unwell. My weight has stayed exactly the same this week, despite a diet of cough lollies and soup. But there have also been several ‘sides’ of panadeine, so I think I need to get the codeine out of my system for things to start showing on the scale! I still have a cough and a few razor blades left in my throat, but I feel like the lurgies have vacated my bod overnight thank goodness. Thanks for all the good wishes everyone.

Love the jokes Wee! And Happy – you in a Call Centre? The mind boggles!!

Nama, you don’t think that would be a good career change for me?!

Glad to hear your lurgy is leaving you.

I hate to say it, but whilst your coughing may have left you exhausted it seems like the calories burned just aren’t enough to be worth it!

I found another website which suggests just 8 calories for 10 minutes coughing… Interesting, as that was part of a response to a question along the lines of ‘Will coughing burn a lot of calories and leave me with wash board abs?’ No, and no! See above, and putting a lot of strain on your muscles coughing isn’t the same as exercising to strengthen them.

Sorry!

Ahh Happy, thanks for the explanations! Think you better stick to being a scientist, we need you on here for consults! And if you changed paths, I fear it would be the shortest career in history, I suspect your tolerance for idiots is pretty low!

Wee, I don’t believe you could think wrong of anyone 🙂 🙂 All good, Happy, taken in the spirit it was offered. 🙂 Once we get live video on the thread we can read each other’s expressions.

For a totally side issue, I heard about planking on another thread, and am currently at day 11 of the 30-day challenge. I know it will get harder, but would love to make a dent in the tummy (I know, can’t spot-lose, but at least tighten the muscles). Will let you know the result.

Good Morning All,
    Happy- You will be pleased to know I managed to overcome the need to have a midnight feast. I practised some relaxation techniques instead and sleep descended. However I have often resorted to a bowl of corn flakes at midnight, occasionally even scrambled egg. Sometimes the body wants what it wants and hunger is no friend at night. Strangely I haven’t woken up hungry this morning. I had thought I would be bringing my window forward today but I am pleased to leave it at 1 – 6 pm.
    Must get on the scales later but not expecting a loss, I just can’t feel it. Far too many pain killers this week. They definitely cause water retention for me but will result in a big drop when I hit a few days drug free.
    The ‘call centre’ quotes don’t surprize me at all. The telephone brings out the worst in many member of the general public, it’s as if they disengage their brain before using it. It may well be that old multi tasking skill again. I know that the men in my life simply don’t do two things at once. I have noticed the iPad appearing while the TV is on but only when the programme on TV is rubbish therefore making ‘surfing’ an option. Personally I usually have three activities on the go at times of rest. List making, cards and TV. Or book, tea drinking and dealing with phone messages.
    Miserable day here, hope it brightens up, meanwhile I must walk the dogs before bowling. I have another cat sitting job to do in September, only three days but it all helps the holiday fund. Just call me ‘Cat Woman’, seems my new enterprise is getting off the ground.
    Good news Wee, Jim will be seeing you through rose coloured eye then. My arms and stomach are areas that I am not keen on after so much weight loss but I think surgery on my stomach will be an option when I get to goal. Meanwhile I keep swinging that kettlebell for my arms, it’s making me very strong and helps with definition. Like you elasticity is an issue. I do the plank in yoga but I saw someone do it on TV last night. What is the story? I could definitely use some help improving my stomach muscles, if I could find them?

Jo,

Well done on resisting the midnight munchies!

When I was a child we were in the (bad!) habit of having a bowl of cereals at bedtime. That’s basically having breakfast before you go to bed…

If you really have to eat before bed, and especially before a fast day is over, have you considered having something lower calorie and protein/ fat rather than carbohydrate? The eggs are better than the cornflakes, but how about having one boiled egg instead of two? Or a few nuts or a glass of almond (or other) milk?

I don’t know how many calories there are in a bowl of cornflakes, but it presumably takes you a fair way over your fast day allowance? Also a bowl of carbohydrate is going to give your body external energy to feed on rather than using your stored reserves (fat burning) and its going to spike insulin which we all now know is a big part of the problem.

Please, no more cornflakes at bedtime? That’s just self sabotage!

Morning/evening all,

Another fine sunny morning 🙂

Well done AO. After all you’ve been through in the past few months and then got sick, reaching a new low weight wise must make you feel great. Be proud of yourself and keep on keepin’ on 😛

I’m going for another Thames Path walk today. We are going by train to the Southbank and then walk home. The forecast is for a warm and dry day which should be perfect for walking.

Have a good one everybody.

Amazon, do you have to keep telling us how nice the weather is down south?!

It’s mild here, but blustery, with short sharp showers between the sun… 🙁

happy I am sure it is still winter here in Scotland lol xx

But that can’t be, Wee!

According to the paper, this year is going to be the hottest on record.

Think Jo and Amazon have stolen our share of the warm weather…

Lol I think so too and it is about time they gave some of it back 🙂 🙂

Wee xx

Evening all,

I’ve not stolen anything. I can’t help it if the sun shines on me 😛

The walk was great, all 9 miles of it! We stopped for a drink on the way and once we reached our destination found an Italian restaurant for some dinner. We shared a starter and had a main course each and were both stuffed. How I ever ate three courses I’ve no idea 😆

My niece has given birth to a baby boy, so I am now a very happy great aunt ?

Good Evening All,
    Enough said Happy and Weemam, no more weather reports. I remember all the scorching figures that our Southern climate friends reported when we were in the middle of winter. Quite got me down. You are quite correct us southerners do get your share of the good weather. If I could parcel some up and send it I would.
    I have had a boring afternoon clearing out ( Decluttering)and selling stuff in ‘Gumtree’, well placing adverts anyway. Dull, dull, dull.
    Watched ‘Saving Mr Banks’ tonight, Emma Thompson and Tom Hanks, nice film. Kept me out of the kitchen.
    Don’t worry Happy, I only had midnight feasts when I first started fasting, only think about them now. Salmon for dinner with mashed carrot/potato and brocolli

We don’t get anyone elses “share” of the weather, we get what we get, and I shall continue to talk about it……….
    So there! 😉

Amazon,

Great aunt! Wow, congratulations. Although you’re not really old enough…

The walk sounds great. I must admit – and please forgive me! I do live in Cumbria – that I don’t really class what I do daily (4-5m) as a ‘walk’. But 9 miles is definitely a walk, and I hope you feel it tomorrow 🙂

Re: the sun. My Dad tells me the sun shines on the righteous!

keep on telling us guys and then if ever I see the sun again I will tell ALL of you too lol 🙂 🙂 xx

Amazon congratulations pal xxxx

Wee,

They might have sunshine and high temperatures, but we’ve got Scotland and Cumbria… This summer has been poor up north, but I’m rocking wellies and waterproofs, and I know where I’d rather be 🙂

Amazon,
    Congrats on the Great Aunt status.

Yesterday I met my new clients for cat sitting, a very posh lady with a ‘house’ cat called Luna, it’s a pedigree Siamese, only 18 months old. Both delightful as was the huge, light and airy flat in an old converted mansion within 4 acres of beautiful well maintained grounds. Now living there would be the ultimate experience, heaven. Bet the annual maintenance is a fortune though, must need a full time gardener/ handyman for the communal areas.

Happy, obviously I should put Cumbria on my list to visit, where do you recommend? I have only been to Northumbria when my daughter was at uni. She loved it there apart from the three year of rain, wind and snow. Luckily she came back here for the holidays or else she would not have survived it. Hot house flowers down here.

Actually I have always had good weather on my visits to Edinburgh which I am always told by the locals is a rare treat. I loved the city but have not ventured further North. I really want to see Glasgow so it’s on my list for next year as I didn’t make it this year and no free time left before my big trip.

Out to lunch today but I will order fish and veg, no pudding. First I have my 4 mile walk to do, hopefully with a very charming man that came last week.

Fasting Mon, Wed and Friday this week and still looking for the magical 2 lb loss. How is everyone else doing? Health problems do make losing weight tough, all those dreaded pain killers. I am living on them at the moment, shame, my hip had been improving but currently it’s keeping me awake at night. Makes the night go so slowly even when you have a good book. Thank goodness I don’t have to get up for work in the mornings.
    Have a good Sunday all, may the sun shine on everyone.

Morning/evening all,

You’ll all be pleased to know that the sun appeared for 15 minutes and is now obscured by cloud, with rain forecast later. I’m very happy with that as I need to plant some new perennials in the garden next week and can do without trying to put them into rock hard soil. The recent rain and todays will make it easier 🙂

No after effects from my walk thanks to doing so much walking these days and all the hard work in the gym. All I need to do now is lose some weight……..

FD today, plaice, prawn and veggie parcel on the menu tonight. I have a busy day planned watching sport on TV and reading so I should be just fine 😉

Have a good one everybody 😛

Hi Amazon,

Well the sun is shining here at present, but it’s dry and the wind has dropped. Hoorah.

You’ve obviously got a reasonable level of fitness now. It’s great that you’re not feeling any after effects from your long walk… but it does means you’ll have to walk even further to get that ‘I know I exerted myself’ feeling 🙂

Walking longer distances would be fabulous but I won’t be able to do that until I have had some physiotherapy for my back problem as that is what usually terminates the walk. I’m still waiting for an appointment and am hoping to hear something in the next week.

I exercised several times per week from when I first started 5:2 in May 2013, but I’ve really noticed a difference in my fitness this year which I think is a combination of being so much lighter and the work I do at the gym. I am really looking forward to being pain free and more flexible once I’ve had physio as I know I’ll be able to do so much more.

It is brightening up again here ?

Good morning all of you lovely people . I had a lovely long lie this morning . Jim had the washing out on the line when I got up ( lovely man lol) overcast now but quite warm . that will do me :).

I have gone off the rails a wee bit the last few days and i NOW HAVE A SPLITTING HEADACHE . I THINK IT IS JUST ME CALMING DOWN . SO PLEASED JIM CAN SEE WELL NOW . HE IS 76 AND HAD GLASSES SINCE HE WAS 5 . iT IS SO STRANGE TO SEE HIM WITHOUT THEM

OOps ss hit the caps key again 🙁

We are having the day off today and just lazing about .
    To be honest in the past I would be beating myself up by now and saying ” what the hell” and keep eating BUT I am fine . I am back on track and feeling really proud of myself . No more beating myself up . I can happily do this WOL forever .

Take care all of you lovely people xxxxxx

After three fails I’ve finally nailed a FD today 😛

Amazon I have joined you pal . You will be feeling so good tonight pal . well done xx

Hi All,

Count me in Amazon and Weemam – I need to get back into the fasting groove today – Monday morning here and starting out with coffee only! Overall half a kilo lighter for my ‘sickie’ week, due to poor appetite and missing taste buds, but I have missed the discipline of fasting more than I would have ever thought!

I am looking forward to finding out if my new attitude to food is just from being unwell, or something sustainable? Over the last few days, whenever I have thought about a sugary ‘treat’, the attraction has not been there. I would slice up a nice crisp pear, or some strawberries instead. I am really hoping my tastes have actually changed! Yesterday I felt like some ‘comfort food’ and even got the custard powder and milk out to make some custard, previously a big favourite. Not fasting, no guilt, gave myself permission to indulge. But I put it away again because it just did not appeal! I really hope this is not just a strange side effect of having the flu!!

RT very pleased to see that your team had such a great win, I am sure you had a wonderful weekend in the big smoke with your boys. I hope you also enjoyed the pies and beer, you have well and truly earned them!

I envied you your walk Amazon, I have also missed my walking and swimming this past week and cant wait to get back to normal. I hope you get your physio appointment very soon.

Have a great Monday everyone x

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Wow the football rocked my world and blew my mind 57 to 1 in the first quarter was outstanding and Nama had I my share of larger and I did snaffle up a four n twenty pie with sauce very lovely very beautiful 😉 the menu at the footy these days has much more to offer and gourmet at that with great weather awesome crowd and a solid win over a top 2 side and a genuine flag contender very satisfying indeed. A boys weekend was fabulous and what happens on the trip stays on the trip thankyou Adelaide Casino I will be back 😆
    Ok lets get our fast on
    Happy Monday guys
    Peace RT

Spam reported…

Nama,

Glad to hear you are on the mend and noticing that your sugars addiction is going away. I never had much of an addiction to sugar, preferring savoury. However I was addicted to bread which has a substantial sugar content. Still want it constantly but only have it when out for a meal, hopefully one day not even then. I also conquered the chip habit, six chips are enough for me now. Pastry seems to be a thing of the past too, it’s just not worth the calories. I had a love prawn stir fry last night with ‘zero’ noodles. Really filled me up. Lunch was a bit naughty though, cream tea at a local park.

RT, sounds like you had a good time at the football. You always sound so cheerful, it’s great to read about you and your family.

I am fasting today, made some soup yesterday, ready for lunch which always helps. Probably make up a salad for tea, I have some salmon.
    More boring clearing out today plus organising leaving party for my daughter and my 60 th. Just a small family dinner party then a lunch for friends. Then one week later we depart for New Zealand. Retirement trip of a lifetime coming up.

Morning/evening all
    It has been raining non stop since last night, typical BH weather!

I am so pleased I managed a fast yesterday. After doing four fasts in 8 days I failed on 3 occasions since last Sunday until yesterday. It is more to do with emotions than willpower and I know I’ll get there, but it is frustrating all the same. ADF for me from now on if I can succeed with the fasts. The more I do the easier it becomes, so I’ll give it a go. I’ve planned a menu for the next week which should be easy to stick to, so fingers crossed I can nail the fasts.

Nama, so glad you are feeling better. Your change in appetite is probably a combination of being not quite recovered, and new eating habits.
    I don’t want to no longer enjoy sweet treats but I want to be able to control how many of them I eat. I now find the majority of commercially made cakes and desserts too sweet, and after my Belgian bun experience I’ll not be buying anything like that ever again. I love pastry and bread, well made desserts and cakes and want to continue to enjoy them occasionally. I always used to buy a bun or a pastry to eat in the car on the way home from the supermarket. I doubt that I tasted it, just a bad habit and it didn’t stop me from preparing a meal as soon as I got home. Habits like that are what I’m keen to eliminate, and I’ve almost succeeded. I’ve stopped going to the store for milk on the way home from the gym when I am always very hungry as the croissants and pastries are very tempting.

I am having roast pork today and have plans to turn the leftovers into a healthy version of sweet and sour pork. I have a recipe that I’ve used before with chicken, and although it is low calorie already, I’ve tweaked it to cut out half of the oil and sugar and added more vegetables.

Wee, you seem to be coping well with maintenance 😛

RT, so pleased you enjoyed your boys weekend ?

Have a good one everybody ?

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Hi guys just back from a 6 km walk and what a joy the first day in spring is here in the South East of South Australia Australia 😉 a smidgen of warmth in the evening air as well working on a Thai beef salad and wonder what the rest of the fast trackers have for dinner all around the world
    Good morning good afternoon good evening and good night.
    Peace RT

Good Afternoon RT!
    We will be finishing off the Pea Soup for dinner after an overly calorific lunch! Spent a lovely few hours in the sunshine at Brighton Beach and had fish and chips, heavenly! So in order to maintain the new ‘low’ I saw on scales this morning, it will be soup only for dinner! Enjoy your Thai salad, yum..
    I saw a discussion of “wonderment” this morning – how can you not feel wonder when you see Spring bursting forth in our cold, bare gardens…

Happy you are uncharacteristically quiet, hope you are ok?

Hello fast(ing) friends:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama in Victoria
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee, CakeyWakey, Tessy and Iona72 in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori, HealthCoachB and Sarah103 in US
    DJ in Canada;

Well done RT. Lovely sunny day yesterday 20oC and pleasantly mild today here too, despite getting rained on (had umbrella) this morning on my 20′ walk from the car to the office. Fitbit about 9,500 steps and 7 floors at 5.30pm.

Succumbed to a small portion of delicious-smelling pea and ham soup while cooking dinner last night but no apparent damage on the scales this morning. Much better day so far today with grilled silver whiting and salad for dinner.

Take care all and keep up the good work. n xxx

Viewing 50 posts - 11,301 through 11,350 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.