Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,001 through 11,050 (of 16,657 total)

• Good afternoon all . feeling a wee bit down today ( not like me at all ). Dad is wandering off and they got him in the car park trying to get into a car the other day .They now have him on 15 minute watch . . They are really good with him but he can be quick when he wants to . I love that man to the moon and back and he always seems happy BUT it is just so sad to see such a clever lovely gentle man slowly disappear :(.

he always seems to be happy and that is what I hold onto .

We are still waiting for summer too . Cold and wet here again and the heating on again

on the bright side I a still managing to maintain . I have given myself 4 pounds to play with and don’t let myself get above that . I am still having my FD AND still having my treats . I am not interested in sweeties in the least now:) still love my ice cream though lol .

Anyway ,I just wanted to come in and say hello to all of you lovely people

Wee xx

Hi all,

Weemam it IS sad for you to see your dear Dad decline, but try to take comfort in the fact that he is so happy in himself. It would be unbearable to see him distressed. Obviously his true lovely nature shows through! I have nursed old folk and many of them were anxious and agitated, it was so sad to see. One reason I moved onto Paeds. Great work on the maintaining! I am having a practice while we are away for a month and one week in it seems to be going ok! It is much easier being away from my kitchen, plus the warm weather we are having up here in North Queensland does definitely make it easier!

Jojo do any of your friends have a spare shed you could ‘borrow’ for 6 months? Its incredible the amount of stuff we need just for daily living isn’t it? You must be absolutely exhausted after all that renovating, spring cleaning and moving – just as well you have a holiday planned!

RT commiserations on the Crows loss. Don’t talk to me about football, my team have gone AWOL! Hope you got lots of firewood chopped anyway… We are renting a beachouse for a few days at present and the owners are Victorian – obviously follow the cats as there is a poster with Gary Ablett (Snr) on the wall! I have driven 3000 Kms to see that!!

We spent a day in Townsville today – never been before and expected it to be probably what it was 50 yrs ago! We were very impressed though, with the beautiful old architecture and the magnificent beachfront …. palm trees swaying, sparkling aquamarine sea and Magnetic Island in the background. Such a contrast after the dusty, dry outback. Queensland is certainly in drought and the towns with rivers or bore water stood out as green oases as we passed through them. It was painful to confront traffic lights again after a week without them! You are so right Purple, it is a “wide brown land” this sunbburnt country of ours!

Have a great week everyone, I will be joining you all on a Monday fast day xx

I think I’m the only person fasting today, but I’m going to friends for dinner tomorrow and I failed yesterday so no choice.
    I bought some English strawberries this morning and they are huge. I was feeling peckish so I ate one and it was delicious but managed to avoid eating any more. I’ve followed it up with lots of fizzy water which should keep me going until dinner.
    I am not going to give in today. I think I found it difficult yesterday after five days of eating rich food, cakes and desserts, and drinking a fair amount of alcohol, and yesterday was withdrawal. I am finding it so much easier to fast today. I want to do three more FDs before I go away again next Sunday so I keep reminding myself that I have done 3:4 successfully before and it was in the winter so it should be easier now.

Have a good one everybody 🙂

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Morning team Monday slips around quickly it’s raining hard very cold wet and very windy blustery this morning no real joy for the week ahead a max top of 14 they say Gee Nama I’m very jealous or (jelly) beach house? Tshirts and tropical north Queensland you are living the dream good stuff.
    I for one am very much looking forwards to a fast day today after a weekend of indulgence beer chips beer 😆 let’s not speak of the weekends footy but rather focus on this week’s footy 😉
    Ok let’s get our fast on people
    RT

Hi RT,

I’m coming to the end of my FD and after trying and failing yesterday I am pleased to have got through it. My plan for the week is to only eat one meal a day EVERY day regardless of whether it is a FD or not as I’ve been packing too much into a 16/8 window and need to reset the boundaries.
    I have another busy week ahead and am fairly confident that I can do it. I’ve only bought milk and strawberries so the fridge is bare, and all I have in the freezer are 350 calorie dinners and some frozen veg. No bread, no muffins, no temptation.
    Fingers crossed…..??

Amazon ~ Sounds like you are ready for the week ahead, I’m looking forward to my fast day tomorrow as I have eaten too much today!
    Wee ~ I can sympathise as my Dad is in the early stages of Alzheimer’s but is very upbeat about it and can laugh at his own failings which makes it a lot easier for the family.
    Comespring ~ Just seem your tremendous achievement – Well done!

I’m hoping Aug will as successful as July but a few days away and meeting up with old friends will prove challenging I’m sure.

Good luck for the week ahead friends!

Hi Iona,
    My weight loss has stalled for various reasons and I’m trying to get back into losing every week so I thought a strict routine might help as I don’t want to undo all my hard work and am determined to get to goal and have maintenance sorted by the end of the year.

Good evening All,
    An unplanned afternoon of gin and tonics followed by fish and chips without batter means I am definitely on a downhill slope. My third day of starting a fast and not sticking to it. Tomorrow will be day 4 and I refuse to accept any invitations.
    Well done Amazon. My thought are with you Weemam, I went through this with my mother for 15 years, she died aged 90, over 12 years ago. I still miss her every day.
    Sleep beckons, full tummy so I will hopefully sleep well tonight.
    Night my fasting chums

Good morning fellow losers:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama in Victoria (currently in Queensland)
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee, CakeyWakey, Tessy and Iona in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori, HealthCoachB and Sarah103 in US
    DJ in Canada;
    Nicola33 – where are you from?

Thinking of your dear dad Wee. As Nama said, at least he is still happy. My aunt spent the last ten years of her Alzheimer-afflicted life terrified as she lost grip on her world.

Iona, I hoped you enjoyed your bacon butty. I had one for my birthday breakfast in April, the first bacon for six months since Mr F and I decided to reduce the amount of processed meat in our diet after seeing Dr M’s Horizon program on meat eating. Had a small amount on Saturday on our home-made pizza dinner.

Regarding football results, Purple you are right – the better team won on the day. Commiserations RT and Nama. Being a cricket fan, football leaves me pretty cold (generally makes tipping easier ‘though didn’t pick Melbourne this round) but I share a house with a one-eyed Crows fan so can’t escape knowing what happens.

Sarah, sounds like you all had a great time on your camping trip. I was the one who asked if you were a guide leader – think they’re called girl scouts in the US. You have answered my question.

Good luck with the fasting Amazon – stripping the house of food is pretty drastic but at least nothing will call you. I made your muffins on the weekend – they were fantastic. I didn’t have any bananas and had run out of oats so substituted sultanas and almond meal and added almond essence in place of vanilla. Definitely on the regular baking list, looking forward to trying your suggested variations and then some of my own. Your trip to Glasgow means it’s on our list for our next trip.

Jo, you have had a trying time and now coming down with something? Hardly surprising as you have been working so hard. Physical effort can be cured with a good rest but leaving what had been a happy home, even temporarily, would definitely put a blight on my life. Please schedule some down time to do what pleases you. Visiting your son (and maybe Amazon) this month should provide a good break. Sleep well.

Today is the first of my 2 regular b2b’s. Had a carb-heavy weekend, including Amazon’s muffins and home-made pizza for dinner on Saturday. Eased back yesterday with veg soup for lunch and mushroom and spring onion omelette and salad for dinner, often also a FD meal but this time put grated cheese in my part as well as OH’s. I use Monday morning’s weigh-in as the back marker for the week, usually expecting 1kg loss for the day. Obviously that’s not fat loss but water previously held by carbs but is always quite encouraging. Tuesday’s weigh-in and FD is where it really happens and am always pleased to see the previous week’s best number again that morning – doesn’t always happen of course. 🙁 If I do see it then am pretty confident of a real loss by Wednesday morning and occasionally a bit more on Thursday.

Happy Monday everyone and keep up the good work. n xxx

Hi fasters
    It’s great to read the detailed planning going into fast days. Make a plan and stick with it seems to be the go. I am fasting today (Monday). Had to do a 2 hour mercy dash across the city early, so that was easy, but am now at home supervising a “tradie”. There’ll be a lot of tea drinking and cleaning/ironing going on 😉

Dear Wee. It is very hard watching your parent disappear into memory loss. My mum had 10 years of fading away from us, but still managed to smile and sing along to music. My f-i-l, in his nineties, used to escape from the home over fences and walls. He would disappear for hours at a time. But he always managed to get away with it. He also started speaking French (we didn’t know he could) and wanting to buy new cars. The brain is an amazing thing. Your dad knows how much he is loved and gets pleasure out of life in his own way. He is a lucky man. Big hugs to you. xx

Strength Monday fasters! 🙂 P

Hello Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉
    Amazon you are awesome one eating occasion a day on a feed day is indeed doable sometimes we need to mix it up a little and or get a little more aggressive in our approach to fasting and search out the optimum combination on our study of one especially if we have slowed down on the losses. 19/5 has a built in calorie restriction if you can handle the eating window hey.? Ok blue skies and sunshine with a bitterly cold wind about to head off for my evening/afternoon walk it does seem day by day to getting light earlier in the morning and darker later in the evening cups a tea and black coffee today plus a shed load of water.

RT

Morning/evening all,

Nicky, glad to hear the muffins were good and that you adapted the recipe to what you had in the larder. That is what I do and as I no longer eat a banana every day I buy two or three and put them in the freezer. I like to use them as they add moisture and sweetness, but if I don’t have any I add something else, a decision usually made by opening the cupboard door and standing there…and that is the beauty of the recipe and having a little knowledge regarding baking, we can adapt recipes to make them healthy without losing the flavour and the joy of eating the results.

I was in Glasgow from Mon to Fri last week so the cupboard was already bare, and I decided that if I don’t buy it I can’t eat it, and this is a one week plan as I’m going away again on Sunday. If it works well I’ll repeat it for a week when I get home from my next trip.

I feel so good today having gotten through a FD easily. Gym this morning and then I’m going out so I won’t have time to sit thinking about whether I’m hungry or not. I’m having dinner at my friends house and they are healthy eaters so I know it won’t be too calorific.

Jojo
    An unplanned afternoon of gin and tonics and fish and chips sounds fab after your marathon effort with your flat and moving all your belongings. It’s another day today and another opportunity to fast.
    I should be in London at the end of August, so if you are coming let me know and we can get together.

Wee, as everyone else has said, your Dad is happy in himself and unaware of what you are going through. Try to relax and enjoy your time with him one day at a time. X

Have a good one everybody 😛

Good Morning Fast-trackers,
    Woke up with a really stiff and painful back, not much of a surprise after my move but I need to get it moving. Started the day by cleaning the oven, ghastly job but no way was I cooking in that, it was disgusting. Used one of those kits yesterday for all the removable parts, you put them in a bag with some vile chemical, did the job well though, cleaned shelves, glass door and trays. Today I am going to scrub the bathrooms and kitchen. I am not terribly houseproud but I like hygienic kitchen and bathrooms as a minimum standard. Not much concerned with dust, just grease, mould and grime. Now off for a dog walk at the park before healthy food shopping. Fasting today and I am determined to suceed. Luckily I am bowling this afternoon. Don’t think badminton tonight is a great idea though, back not up to jumping around.

Let’s here some positive losses this week guys, onwards and downwards. I shall lead the way 2 lb minimum.

Hi All and thank you so much for the good wishes 🙂 it means a lot to me that I can share it with people who know and understand. I don’t post here often as I’m over with the binge eaters at the moment and I need that kind of support but I do keep an eye on the posts and the goings-on here and I have great admiration for everyone’s determination.
    To answer your question Jojo I still have 20kg (44lb) to go to reach a healthy weight range (I’m ridiculously excited about just being ‘overweight’ very shortly!!) and I had hoped to shift it all by our spring. I’ve had to accept that it will be a lot slower than that but I’m committed to doing this for as long as it takes. Take care all 🙂

Comespring,
    I too will have to delay my goal but we are in this thing together. One week at a time is the way to go. I have 35 lbs to go so we are in the same boat.
    Starving hungry today but sticking to my guns today.

Afternoon all,

Just back from a very good morning at the gym, an hour of cardio, 20 minutes resistance work followed by a 30 minute swim. I’ve come home and had a sachet of whey protein (100 cals) with some almond milk and that’s me done until dinner this evening.
    I weighed myself this morning and I weigh less than when I went to Glasgow. I’m guessing that is due to doing several fasts before I went and my weight not moving. Only 3lbs more to get back to my lowest so I’m pleased with that, especially when I think of how many alcohol calories I consumed last week…..
    I feel that I’m back on track now, so onwards and downwards. 20lbs to goal and then I’ll reassess.
    I can do it! We all can 😛

HI Everyone, just calling in after a couple of grim weeks,. I am fasting today and hoping to get settled and keep strong today. It started rather differently as I had to take some pills this morning that needed food – very inconvenient, so i started the day with an egg and a tomato from the garden. Was worried that this might open the flood gates – well probably be the start of ‘tummygate’ 🙂 but all seems ok at the moment, I am just skipping my usual little lunch and going for dinner 🙂 I have loved keeping up with everyones lives, Jojo I must agree with Amazon, unscheduled G&Ts with fish and chips event sounds rather delightful to me! But I know you have the spirit and will power to keep on top of these ‘events’ overall. Also you needed the chips to prepare your body for cleaning the oven – it all works out in the end!! Comespring and Jojo I too now have a goal of 42 lbs to lose, I must and I am determined to make it work. My consultant at the rheumatology hospital has cast me adrift because I cannot take his medicine and now I have committed to losing a sizeable amount of weight to try and combat my gout and inflammatory arthritis. I know others here have done so brilliantly and made changes to their joint health in the process, it is that message that I am holding on to. Thank you. I do hope I can follow in your footsteps. Comespring I am about 7 lbs away from moving my BMI from obese to overweight, I am very excited about this.
    Wee, I am so sorry to read about your Dad, it is something we all dread but most of us have had to face in some form or another. I know that your loving care will be sustaining him on a very deep level, I am thinking of you both.
    Amazon – you are awesome, great progress, enjoy those strawberries. i love summer and berries and fruit and veg, it is so yummy. Yesterday I ate my way around my garden, peas, carrots, raspberries, blueberries, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, rocket its only a short season in the UK, but it is very welcome:-)
    Nicky good luck with your B2Bs, I am not up to that level yet, but I suspect I will have to start those sometime when my weight loss stalls.
    I only ever seem to lose 1lb a week never the kg that so many of you great faster’s do, still I will take the 1lb and be very glad of it. Good luck to all fasters this week 🙂

Hi Everyone,
    Tessy I love the way you wrote tummy gate, this is so true. You are doing fantastic, look how far you have come. My husband has four crushed with arthritis, when he lost 20 lbs he was a new person, he was even able to sleep through the night after 16 years of not getting a good night sleep.
    Amazon- I am going to follow your lead, I am going to get back on track too. Thank you for the encouragement, we can vacation and get back on track.
    Jo-jo, way to hang in there! Transitions, moving, and change are always hard. You are still on track and have a plan. Do you ever take a rest day?
    Comespring- Congratulations on all your hardwork. I too am a binge eater and struggle with all kinds of addictions. Please feel free to discuss your ups and downs here, it helps. My current struggle that I want to control everything, including my husband spending money. So it went from not having the abundance of food to being greedy with our income. I need to go on a money fast.:)
    Rough Trader: Today starting out on 19:5 with tea at the end of the day. I am going to try that. Also, how are your sons doing, especially the one with the new girlfriend? Did that ever work out?
    PVE- What is a mercy dash?
    Nicky- I went to Girl Scout camp when I was younger, loved it. Going for the veggie soup today too.
    Wee- Hang in there. I am just starting the journey, tomorrow the dr is probably going to take away my mom’s drivers license, I will be there with her. She loves to listen and sing music this makes her happy. My 95 year old grandmother lives with her and they are doing ok for now. Change is on the horizon.

Have a fantastic fasting day everyone. I am thankful for you all fasters.

Just checking in, I have survived today without cheating, hooray! I turned down cake, biscuits, ice cream and gin and tonic, all is good.

Well done Jo! Go girl!!! 🙂

Sarah, a mercy dash is simply dropping everything to rush to help someone else. In this case, simply picking up car parts to send to my son as he’s in the country with a broken down car 🙁
    Feed day today after Monday fast and a “shedload” of coffee and water as RT says. 🙂 P

Hi Amazon,
    Likely to arrive in London 23 rd until 26th. How about we meet for lunch on 24 th, sushi would be lovely, I can bring my son too, we could then walk it off around the park.

Hello fellow-fasters everywhere:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama in Victoria (currently in Queensland)
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee, CakeyWakey, Tessy and Iona in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori, HealthCoachB and Sarah103 in US
    DJ in Canada;

Well done Amazon, inspirational stuff – shows we can holiday and not gain.

Ditto Jo on resisting temptation – cakes, biscuits, ice cream AND G&T. Brilliant!

Good work Purple on tackling Sydney morning traffic for your son’s spare parts – that’s an example of mother love!

Comespring and Tessy, we all have to live with reality. It’s said that if you want to make the gods laugh, tell them your plans. I was also inordinately excited recently to slip into the merely overweight, having been heavier for so long. As I said at the time, this wonderful way of living/eating has finally given me the tools to not only stop the (formerly) inexorable gain but go further and actually lose some of it.

Tessy I’m no b2b fasting hero – it just suits my life to knock over the fasts while at work (Mon-Wed). Despite my plans for yesterday – should keep them to myself in future, the gods had a ball. Yet another cold, wet and miserable day and I was soooo hungry, despite invoking every trick in my armoury. When I went to the lunch room to make my umpteenth cup of tea about noon I found a plate of cheese and biscuits left over from a meeting! 🙁 At least I only ate cheese, about 30g total but it went downhill from there. After yoga I opened my usual trouble-shooting ‘clinic’ for our plant records database at Mt Lofty Garden and held off until 3pm to eat my mandarin and Laughing Cow cheese segments. Any other FD that would have kept me going until dinner but was still famished at home and succumbed to two handfuls of roasted cashews, followed by my standard FD dinner of small grilled lamb chop and steamed veg. Nothing really ‘naughty’ in there but really blew the FD allowance. Trying again today …

Take care all and keep up the good work. n xxx

Hello Fast Trackers
    Sarah I have been a believer in the 5 hour eating window to go with 2 fast days and 15000 steps a day weather pending that really manages successfully my current weight and the routine is doable and the 3 pronged attack works well for me. I thank you for your enquiry on the 3rd lad he is very quiet and doesn’t give you much and doesn’t say much however they have been to the movies and a Korean BBQ at friends they only go out Saturday night they do not have a sleep over so baby steps I guess but I would rather see him smiling than not so so far so good.

“Our objective on a fast day is to achieve as long a fasting window as possible”
    Peace RT

Good Morning Fast-Trackers,
    It is a beautiful day here and I am back at lowest weight after weekend splurge of G & T,s,Fish & chips and( I didn’t tell you about the crisps and nuts which were numerous too). So all is good in my world.
    My daughter and I are fasting Monday, Wednesday and Friday up until the big trip. This should help me lose at least 2 lb per week if I control other days. Ambitious but we are very busy spring cleaning the Family home, one room at a time. It has been neglected since I left last March so lots to do and lots to clear out. The cooker and bathrooms look like new thanks to yesterday’s efforts and the porch room emptied and the blinds fixed. It is now a plant room and shoes storage area. So many shoes and boots for three people it’s madness.
    I need to allocate the weekends to work on the very large garden, I love gardening but it is a big project to get it looking good again after so long. There is I/3 of an acre, mostly grass but deep beds on each lawn plus some large trees.
    Of my bowling and volunteer work won’t be neglected so I will have some fun and get very fit at the same time.

Morning/evening all.

Another beautiful morning here 🙂

Jojo, now you’ve got on the scales and seen a good result it should be easier to stick to the plan this week.
    It would be good to meet up, we can talk about it nearer the time, we have each others phone numbers so we can continue the conversation off the thread 🙂

I ate lasagne and salad last night and had seconds and some wine. I would normally have had something substantial after the gym and I’m pleased with myself for getting to dinner with just a whey protein shake on a non FD. I couldn’t eat only once per day forever, but as a short term plan to boost weight loss it is doable.
    Another FD today and it is veg curry which is the last diet dinner in the freezer. There will be a cooking marathon when I return from Herefordshire. I’ve located a pick your own farm near where my friends live and am planning on going there on my way home and also going to the local farm shop that sells fabulous meat. I’m packing the coolbox (eski 😉 )so I can keep it all cold on the way home. I have an ice cream maker and am going to experiment and make sugar free sorbet and yoghurt ice cream so I have some healthy dessert treats stashed, and they grow veg at the farm too. I’m not sure if they are pick your own or just on sale in the shop but I’m planning on buying as much farm fresh produce as possible.

Time to get busy, I fear the ironing might get done today 😆

Have a good one everybody.

Hi Amazon,
    Yep I will ring you the week before I come up.
    I have been cooking for the last hour, home-made leek and potato soup and a massive mediteranean salad to have with salmon tonight. I find it so much easier to do bulk cooking. Really can’t spare the time to cook daily.
    Two of my hotplate burners are shorting out, thanks to my very vigorous clean yesterday, obviously got some water where it should not be. Hey ho! I really don’t like electric hotplates, much prefer gas.
    I am spring cleaning the hall and cupboard under the stairs today. This will involve many trips to charity shops and the tip.
    Wish I was gardening though because it is a perfect day out there. My daughter and I have made a schedule so we are trying to stick to it. I was outside this morning playing bowls so I have had some fresh air today.
    Keeping the eating healthy and low calorie today.
    Keep drinking everyone
    Weemam- Have you got some sunshine at last?

Hi all,
    Lovely to read all of your enthusiastic posts, seems like everyone is chugging along really well!!

Nicky, reading your post about your relentless hunger at work, reinforced to me just how much easier fasting is when the weather is warm! Speaking from a warm part of the country, I can’t believe how different I feel. I guess it has been a long winter down south and we are all sick of soup! I am devouring shedloads (thanks RT) of salad at present and they are so nice, lots of crunchy chewing, hunger well fooled.

We had an especially yummy dinner tonight. Our previous hosts (owners of the beach house we rented a few days in Bowen) kindly gave us some freshly caught fish, plus a nice bottle of wine as a send off this morning. (The wine was because we were their first customers on a particular rental web site!) So now we have settled into our newest temporary home, we had the fish with a huge salad and the wine! We are presently renting the garden ‘flat’ of a lovely Belgian couple who farm sugar just out of Airlie Beach and they greeted us with complimentary Belgian chocolates!!! Talk about spoilt – coffee and chocs to finish off the meal. Turns out the husband has lost a substantial amount of weight on 5:2 – amazing what you find out when you have time to chat!

Airlie Beach very busy this afternoon as there is a P&O cruise ship offshore and the town was crawling with elderly people with their ID on lanyards. I made my husband promise never to ask me to go on a cruise! We were happy to scamper back to our little retreat in the middle of the sugar cane – lucky the cane is a bit too chewy to eat fresh. There is a processing plant 15km away and a huge chimney belches ‘smoke’ or whatever all day, while trains with containers marked “bulk molasses” chug along – it seems there is a market for sugar!!

Lots of walking planned tomorrow – visiting Dingo beach and Hideaway Bay. I also had an icecream (strictly a sample for Weemam) today, so better pack the willpower! Love 5:2 – its possible to still have fun and manage the eating!!

Cheers all xx

I walked into Richmond this morning via Kew Gardens and it was fab! Not too many people as it was still early, and the whole place bathed in sunshine 😛

I wanted to walk home but my purchases were too heavy and when I passed Kew on the bus I noticed the huge queue of people waiting to go in and was pleased I’d made the effort to get there early.

I bought some perfectly ripe organic peaches that were on offer for half price and am looking forward to having one for dessert this evening. I’m not hungry yet which is a real bonus.

I like batch cooking as single portions of some things such as paella, curries or casseroles are almost impossible and also means that a meal is available within minutes without resorting to takeaways which for me always result in overeating.

Summer appears to have bypassed Scotland this year 🙁

Hi Nama, our posts crossed. Glad to hear you are having a food time 😛

I had more difficulty fasting in the colder weather and I think Nicky did really well not to eat everything in sight once started!

The conversation regarding going from obese to overweight reminded me of how ridiculously pleased I was when it happened to me and it is something that Wiwi has mentioned a few times. It is a very important milestone on the weight loss journey and we should allow ourselves to be thrilled and of course it spurs us onwards to the “normal” range.

Nama, this time it wasn’t a typo 😆

aww I answered all of you as much as I could and now the flippin post has gone ..

Sarah it IS a hard slog pal . Both my parents and grans and some aunts have had this horrible disease and I am lucky to still have my lovely dad pal . every day is just so precious

Jo nooo I am still waiting for the sun . tiddling down here again and still wearing jackets .

nama did MY ice cream sample taste good ? lol 🙂

Our youngest granddaughter is on stock control in tesco and told me yesterday they have a new coconut ice cream and she is going to bring me some on her way home 🙂 🙂

Rt we have 3 sons and they are all so different in their own way 2 . and I am like you and leave eating as long as I can because some days when I start the floodgates just open .

To everyone else I am thinking of you all every day and I just love reading all the posts . You are all so lovely

I am managing to maintain and I am happy with how I look for the first time in my 73 years on this earth THAT is a huge thing to admit to

love you all

Wee xx

Hello Weemam,
    I have to admit to being overweight for 35 years of my 59, saying that I can honestly say I was not particularly self conscious about my weight. I dressed well, in flattering clothes. The only time I ever resented my weight was in the summer, I could not wear shorts or bikinis. I still wouldn’t wear a bikini but I wear long shorts almost daily. I still can’t imagine being at goal because it has been so long since I was 10 stone. But I am determined to get there even if it takes another 6 months. I want to wear only size 12 clothes just like you.

Hello Fast Trackers
    Good morning fast friends all around the world happy hump day wiwi how fantastic to read even after 73 years that you are a contented soul now happy with how you look inspiring significant memorable life moment right there. Wiwi no truer words said the boys are all so different to each other one is exactly like me (the eldest) one is exactly like y-fee (the 3rd ) and the other 3 a bag of liquorice all sorts 1 wishes he was Bill Gates 1 wishes he was Sherlock Holmes and 1 wishes he was an AFL player. Getting married or the wedding day is alleged to be the ‘happiest day of your life’ I was feckkin terrified 😯 for me the happiest day of my life has been at the birth of all 5 of the boys and that dear friends is my short story
    No matter what you’ve done for yourself or for humanity, if you can’t look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?
    — Elbert Hubbard
    Peace RT

Hello one and all, gosh it is a challenge getting the time to read all your posts but this am I have to take my son for an appointment so am taking a half day off work. So in bed listening to the rain, relishing in the fact that I am not out of the house and driving to work! My weight is not budging. I fast twice a week and lose then gain. It is driving me nuts what is wrong? Today non fast day and I have had a bowl of porridge and am drinking a cup of tea, planning a pork curry tonight and probably tuna at lunch with salad. I will have a cappucino as a treat after sons appointment but that is all.
    I have 15 weeks until my son’s graduation ball! I will be at least one dress size less so have to get focussed ! Ideas!? In anticipation emel

I have been struggling too.
    So after a week of writing down what I eat and drink and now learning what everything ‘costs’ in calories, it has been quite an eye opener.I can see now why the weight is going up and down. If I want to lose weight, then I have to consume less calories.I am about 9 lb away from a healthy BMI, and I have discovered that the difference in my current TDEE to my goal TDEE is just 85 calories. I have decided to consume up to my goal TDEE, so that I can practice what that looks like, so maintenance will hopefully be easier.

Do you know what your TDEE is? Are you consuming up to that amount? What are the calories in everything that you eat and drink?

It is incredibly easy to consume above the TDEE. It’s not food that makes us fat, but habits.I am changing more of those habits as the weeks tick by.

15 weeks consuming your TDEE may well result in a much smaller you. Writing what you eat and drink for a week is well worth it, you can then make informed decisions.

Hi all,
    Just a quick pop in to report to Weemam that yes! Her Icecream Diet works!! I had 2 scoops of New Zealand icecream yesterday (a franchise in Aus that has the best icecream IMO). And scales down today!

Sorry to jest when some of you are struggling, but I know the scales are actually down cos I have fasted really well despite travelling, plus eaten really “lean and healthy” on other days, plus walked a lot, plus not had snack food available. I am no saint Emel, but I am determined that this holiday is not going to undo all the hard work of the past 11 months, plus son’s wedding in early Oct and a lovely slim dress to fit into!! Your son’s ball will be great motivation, you can do it if you focus enough on Emel. Spend more time on your own goals as well as your boys’ Don’t feel guilty, you owe it to your son’s to be healthy for them, not just gorgeous! Annette is so right with all her points. Once the scales start to move you will get extra motivation. I went to 4:3 for a couple of months to get my losses moving after they stalled. It was tough at first, but I settled into fasting Mon,Wed & Fri and it got easier. Go Emel!

Yessss!! I knew an ice cream diet would work Nama …. joking aside pal well done you . Off to bed now for me as it is almost 1 AM here .. I am glad you are having such a great time 🙂

Wee xx

Hi Emel 3 things that are a necessity IMO is the MFP a pedometer and the 5-2 book do you have these I wonder?? May be re-set and go back to the start and re-read these
    Here
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/michael-answers-frequently-asked-questions/
    Here
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
    And Here
    https://didienrichtoday.com/fast-5-diet-and-lifestyle/free-e-book/
    I realise that one’s own personal plan does not fit the next persons but in short I found 4-3 with 19-5 add in 15000 steps a day in the mix it is optimum in engaging the fat burning jets I hope this is helpful to you.
    Peace RT

Good morning Emel1962,
    I can’t eat up to my TDEE on any day or lose weight on 5:2 even if strict. Like RT I need to combine 4:3, 19/5, non complex carbs, no sugar foods, no alcohol and 15000 steps daily. This is the only pattern that guarantees me 2 lb per week loss. Harsh but true.
    Good Luck

Morning/evening all

Emel, good to hear from you. Do you think you might be eating too much on non fast days? Lots of choices to remedy it, count calories for a week which will enlighten you, skip breakfast or lunch on non fast days or go to 4:3. Whatever you choose will work, you know you can do it.

Hi Annette, many of us record what we eat every day, and quite a few of us already stick to goal TDEE, or in my case attempt to do so 😆
    You are so right about recording everything being an eye opener, I find it helps to keep me on track because I KNOW as I’m writing it down if I’ve over indulged.

Nama, well done for fasting while on holiday, I couldn’t do that but I’m having a good week so far, ADF and only eating once every day.

Time to go to the gym, have a good one everybody 😛

Hi Emel
    As it is winter for us (and a particularly cold one at that), this makes it even harder. SO much easier when you can nibble on lettuce most days. 😉

As RT, Nama and Jo have said, we are all individuals and need to experiment with what works for us, but the bottom line is always going to be, finding the amount and type of food you can consume and still lose weight. For some of us it is avoiding carbs. Others sugar. Some need 3 fasts a week. Others masses of exercise. Find what works and stick to it. This is not a quick fix. It took years to build up the excess, so it needs to take time to trim down. It WILL happen, but it has to be sustainable. No point in starting a scheme that you can manage for a couple of weeks, then collapse in a heap and go back to the old ways.

Be kind to yourself. Keep warm. Remember, tomorrow is another day. P 🙂

Hello everyone. I’m plodding along trying to keep update with you all! I’m struggling to see when I can fit a second fast day into this week as I have quite a few obligations with family and friends that include food, I think it will be Sunday! I’m slightly concerned that my bladder problems see to occur after a fast day, not sure what is going there but something to monitor.
    Feeling good that I resisted the donuts at work yesterday but on the other hand feeling guilty that I have done very little exercise this week. Lots of walking on my days off work will help.
    Hope you are all feeling positive and strong, happy hump day! Iona.

Hi Iona
    Drink drink drink. 🙂
    You could also drink some apple cider vinegar.
    Re not fitting a fast day in, why not skip other meals and choose only low carb foods at the family functions? Even if you aren’t doing an official fast, you won’t be gaining weight. 😉 P

PVE on Monday (FD) I drank at least 5 pints of water, 4 cups of green tea and 2 decaf coffee. Is this not enough???

Spot on Jojo spot on

Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
    Lao Tzu

Emel keep in mind SAMMs great motto
    Keep on Keeping on

Iona, are you drinking enough on non fast days? If you have a recurring bladder problem you should keep the fluids up every day. I agree with Purple about skipping meals if you can’t do a proper fast. If you are going out for lunch, don’t eat breakfast or dinner, if it is a family dinner don’t eat breakfast or lunch. If you get really hungry you could have some fruit.
    I’m sure you can work something out 🙂

I bought some additive free vanilla flavoured whey protein powder yesterday in a branch of Whole Foods Market. I tried it after the gym today and discovered it is unsweetened. I am very pleased as the ones I tried were OK but too sweet. I drank it without adding anything and it was fine.

It is warm and muggy here. I hope the promised thunderstorms arrive and clear the air. We also need some rain.

Hi Amazon,
    Thanks, but fasting on holiday is comparatively easy as weather is warm, I am out of my kitchen, am only buying healthy stuff and getting extra walks in! And 5:2 is comparatively simple after 4:3!! I am not aiming to lose, just practising maintaining for a month… So I am not that clever!!
    I think your plan of keeping your fridge empty this week is brilliant. I had a few ‘treats’ packed when we left home and of course kept thinking of them until they were eaten. Finally realised its just simpler not to have them around. Bay is so right about not feeding the sugar monster – fresh fruit tastes so sweet when you haven’t eaten anything with sugar added for a week. (apart from Wee’s icecream and a couple of belgian chocolates!). The feedback from my travel scales is far more enjoyable than eating something that will make me feel angry with myself afterwards.. I am hoping I have formed some new habits by the time I get home!

Glad the scales are keeping you in touch with how you are cruising Nama. Now, how about sending some of that warm weather please. 🙂 P

They are the best things you ever recommended Purple! And the veggie patties of course! I have learnt I NEED to weigh daily to stay accountable and prevent things getting out of hand. This holiday has taught me a lot about what I am capable of and what I need to focus on. I think it was Nicky (the wise one) who talked recently about this WOL being mostly about changing habits, not just foods. Nicky is so right. Seems obvious, but not as easy as it sounds. Getting out of usual routine is a good time to challenge ourselves.
    Re weather: Trying to pack some into my bag as we pack up tonight – leaving for Yeppoon in the morning.

Fasting on holiday would be difficult for me so I’ve not considered it, but I have stopped stuffing my face all day every day with whatever I can lay my hands on. That is a huge achievement as my greed was limitless!

Nicky is absolutely right, and those of us who will keep the weight off are the ones who have changed our eating habits permanently. It is also about accepting that we are not going to lose several pounds per week, that it is a slow process shedding life long bad habits and weight accumulated over scores of years. I look at myself in the mirror and I still can’t believe that after all those years of yoyo dieting, I’ve finally found something that is doable and that I know I can sustain for the rest of my life. I think I’m enjoying food much more than ever before as I’m actually tasting and savouring every mouthful whereas before it was gone in seconds.

When I was in Glasgow last week I was in the University shop and I decided I wanted something sweet so I bought a bar of rum and raisin fudge. I opened it when I got out of the door and took a bite. It was so sweet that I threw it in the bin and was unable to swallow the piece in my mouth.
    When I went out to dinner that evening I said no to dessert as I was full. Previously I would never have considered not having dessert and it would have been eaten regardless.

The almost empty fridge and half empty freezer are very liberating. I won’t buy anything as I’ll see it as failure if I do. Four days into my seven day plan and it is going really well.

Hi Nama and Amazon

Loving your travel posts and how you have got on top of this WOL. Have been able to read all the posts but not make one. Not fasting but watching sugar and wheat intake. Loving the warmth and character of the Croatian coast. Over 30 C today.

Hi to all other Fast Trackers. Cheers, Bay 🙂

Viewing 50 posts - 11,001 through 11,050 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.