Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 9,201 through 9,250 (of 16,657 total)

• Good night all,
    Moving on to Year 2 and goal sucess.
    Are you with me.?
    I certainly hope so.
    Jojo xx

You know it, Jojo!

Yesssss !! with you here too pal . This thread has changed my life so much . I am helthy and happy and have made all you lovely new friends . What else can a girl ask for ?…. 🙂 xx

We are following you, fearless leader! Keep up the inspiration and fellowship 🙂 xxB

… Just saying Hi and congratulations to the group, Everyone and Jojo! Yes, I’ve been out of the loop in all senses.
    Hope to catching up soon
    B

Love to see everyone here. I am looking forward to the second year.

Hi Jojo and a big CONGRATULATIONS on the anniversary!! While I’m not a frequent poster, I know those of us who in general just read and enjoy the thread are also very grateful to you, and to all those who post regularly.

I wonder what size the baby elephant will be in another year?? 🙂

Hi all,

Jojo I cant see any of us jumping ship, too much good company and interesting reading on your fantastic thread! Personally it has helped me enormously by making me more accountable. Also it is hard not to be affected by the enthusiasm that generally radiates from all that contribute. Great work with your walk too!

AO I am so pleased for you that you appear to have gotten your confidence back. Thats what it is isnt it? A belief in ourselves that we can do what we have set out to do. Nothing will stop you! The odd virus might slow any of us down, but nothing will stop us now we have discovered and mastered fasting.

I spent last week undoing the damage of a rampant weekend, fortunately it reversed with 4:3 and I even lost an extra half kilo for the week. I am feeling much hungrier now its so cold, plus much colder with less insulation, so fasting is more of a challenge at present. And just like you Smiffy (wine and chocolate episode) we really are ‘all or nothing’ people aren’t we? Thank goodness we can fast to undo the damage. And what a thrill when my youngest son called me skinny the othe day! I thought of the old saying: “Children and alcohol speak the truth”!!!

We went to Costco to stock up this morning (cleaning stuff, loo paper etc). I think there are more seriously obese people shopping there than anywhere else – very sad to see, especially with the really young ones. I keep well away from the confectionary and processed food departments, the sizes are enormous and it would be deadly to bring them home. Luckily husband always comes (to lift everything) and I cant get away with buying rubbish, he only likes healthy stuff and just doesnt understand the temptation. Sometimes I envy him, but on the other hand I don’t think he really enjoys food as much as I do!

Cheers all x

Just checking in to thank you all for the inspiration, especially you Jojo. Reading about all the exercise you do shamed me into starting to get fit myself. I feel much better for it. And there is such a wealth of information on this thread about the benefits of various foods. We now eat a brazil nut and half a walnut every morning and we have ditched the processed fruit juice. We have changed and improved our diet in many other ways too. But I still can’t find kale here in Spain, strange.

It is my weigh in day today and after a naughty week which included 2 BBQ’s, wine most nights, beef madras last night, but also a 350 calorie fast and a liquids only fast, I am pleased to announce the loss of another 1.5lbs! I have lost 26.5lbs in total and now weigh 8st 13.5lbs! Me! 8stone something! For the first time since I was about 13. I am gobsmacked.

Have a great Monday everyone

Well done Applepie, fantastic work. Well done Nama on including exercise.

Now for this year I am picking up my steps(all on soft ground or a trampet) I am now going public and agreeing to do 15,000 steps per day. This is doable with my lifestyle, basically a minimum of two hours on my feet which actually isn’t that difficult if I include a game of bowls everyday 5000 steps, dog walk 5000 steps and exercise class( ballroom fitness) 5000 steps. I have done this amount in the past and I was losing sucessfully. Also I need to counteract painkiller which are in my life for a while, they really constipated me even with an 80 % veg and fruit diet. I am also measuring out my water and adding to it for the same reason, now 5 pints,1 pint per hour and a half.

Otherwise sticking to 19/5 daily and no white carbs e.g. Bread, pasta, rice. May still include boiled potato in egg size quantity daily.

Off to bowls now and to buy a goodly amount of salad, determined to lose 2 lb this week to help me get through my holiday in Turkey. I have already promised to only attend one meal per day whilst there. My friend will pick me up yogurt and fruit when she goes into breakfast.

What challenges are you setting yourself?
    P.s. I am definitely going to record daily on MFP and work out my Fitbit. Heading for 11stone as quickly as possible.

Morning/evening all.
    Sorry not to have posted on the birthday but I was at a hospital bedside all day and got home late and shattered. It turned into an unplanned FD which is the only good thing about the day, but hopefully things will be better today.
    I have set myself a target of reaching goal by the end of June. If I can get there sooner I’ll be happy, but the weight isn’t falling off as fast as before and there is no point getting stressed about it. I am going back to the basics that Purple outlined the other day, 5:2 and eat less on non FDs, with the addition of an extra FD if I can. I can’t commit to anything else as my time and attention is devoted to family matters at the momemt.

Have a good day/evening all.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey and Hello World (You know Who You) 😉
    Happy Monday Fast Friends its official I have had some disturbing news since beginning this way of life I can now also confirm that I have actually shrunk so I am no longer 180cm but 178cm a coincidence maybe 😉 a realization confirmed as to why all my pants are dragging on the ground now oh well 😳
    A light snack of 2 ryvita biscuits with a smear of hummus and some squashed sardines with sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper 234cal yummo when I got home from work and a marinated steak and Asian cabbage salad from the 5-2 book at 264cal
    A good fast day down
    “No food tastes as good as being slim feels”
    “It is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    RT

Amazon I hope all is okay for you and whoever is in hospital or needing healing at the moment.

A total of 700 cals today (well to be brutally honest 701), so that’s Semi-FD number 2 done and dusted 🙂 … FD tomorrow. I’m certain I can do the FD tomorrow now that I’ve had 2 x semi-FD’s but do need to keep a check on my self-talk and stop thinking of the norty things or remind myself of how horrible they really are etc.

Agree RT that nothing tastes as good as slim feels and yes it IS easier to avoid eating than to stop eating.

Jojo there’s no way that I’m leaving this wonderful group of supportive and vibrant people that you’ve gathered in here. Roll on the next 12 months 😀 … looking to be at goal by then 😆 knowing that it will take quite a bit of will power (or won’t power as the case may be 😆 )

Wee thinking of you with what’s going on in your life right now. Hang in there hun … sending cyber hugs your way.

Nama I guess that’s right maybe it IS confidence, I am normally very positive but found it hard the last few weeks to get myself back to “normal” for me.

Hi, just to say I meant end of July in my previous post, it would be a miracle if I reached my goal by the end of June!

Amazon, I hope things calm down and turn out well for you and yours. You will reach that goal!

Applepie, you are at my goal! I will be joining you there soon!!

RT, I recommend Pilates to got those centimeters back!

Aussie Oma, it sounds like you are well back on track, congratulations!

I agree about fasting being easier when one’s significant other is also on board. My husband is thin. Since our schedules are so different, we only eat together a few times per week. He loves all sweet breakfast treats, so those are always in the house, but are generally easy for me to ignore. He sort of naturally fasts for a good part of the day between breakfast and dinner. The salty snacks he likes to eat at night after work are not the kind I like, so it works to keep them in the house. I cook almost all the dinners, so I can make them very healthy. Carbs like rice and pasta are usually only made for him. one hard part is that he likes having appetizers before dinner, which generally do not fit into my calorie limits, but are harder for me to resist. I have been making a lot of lettuce wraps lately and skipping the nachos!

Jojo, as usual, we are on the same wavelength, even in secret! For about 3 weeks I have been doing 4:3, and eating less than 500 on fast days(average of just over 400) and on non-fast days an average of 850. The only days I have gone over 1,000 calories are when my husband is off work, which turns into date night, and the overage is accounted for by wine! the only carbs I’ve had during that time are a small piece of bread last night to go with mussels, and a 1/2 oz square of dark chocolate. The hardest part for me is still waiting until 1 pm to eat on 18:6. It makes every day feel like almost like a fast day, so I am not sure it will work for me for the long term. I can easily do 16:8 once on maintenance. I will continue with the 18:6 and mostly semi-fast days for the next 3 weeks and assess my goals then. I am down 10 pounds in just over 3 weeks :), and hope to drop at least another 5 over the next 3 weeks.

Congrats all on continued losses, and breaking through those stone barriers and measurement milestones!! xox

Wow Ply that is a great result but as you say may be difficult to maintain for any duration. I am totally used to not eating until 1 pm now, doesn’t bother me. But if I get hunger pangs I have a hot drink and an apple. I was very pleased with the 4 lb loss but it was mainly because I had gained in France through eating 3 times per day with no fasts.
    I have played bowls today and walked the dogs for an hour. Playing bowls again later then badminton tonight. Hopefully I will hit the 15000 step level without having to do extra steps on the trampet.
    I think generally that when we go on a harsh diet it is usually followed by a lapse period. Steady Eddy’s do seem to get on better in the long run. But like you I get very impatient and demotivated if the scales don’t go down weekly.
    Made chicken soup and a huge salad, sufficient for two days.
    I have some more news for you, I am leaving my flat to return home at the end of June. This is a financial decision, renting out my flat for 6 months to provide spending money for my trip. It is very worrying because my ex always has lots of junk food at our house. I am not good with it under my nose all the time. I even eat foods I would never consider buying like biscuits and apple pies.
    But on the plus side I can cook for my very over worked daughter, bless her.
    The dogs won’t be too unhappy about getting a huge garden back again either.
    Amazon, sorry about your family problems, thinking of you. I suspect my goal won’t be reached before the end of August the way I am going. But so long as we get there honey, it’s not like we are paying weight watchers and in the end life won’t change much we will just have less fast days during maintenance.
    Everyone else, thanks for your support in the past and your commitment to stay with us in the next year. I really need you, trust me I would be tucking into pies tomorrow if I didn’t have this thread, also I love being a part of your successes. I still cannot think about my slim future, still too far away.

Definitely impatient, Jojo, especially with myself for gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over! I have never planned to do this strict regimen for more than 6-8 weeks, it is a matter of getting serious and getting to goal weight. I will have some leeway to lapse afterward because it will be time for maintenance!

It will be nice for you to have the extra funds for renting your flat (travel budget??), and I am sure your daughter will like having you around. Just be careful around your ex’s junk, and I don’t mean food! You know my history!! 😉

Weemam, you are in my thoughts as well. Miss your sunny posts!

Hi Ply,
    Yes I don’t feel happy about moving back there, he is talking about what needs doing in the house, serious refurbishments, before it is sold. I don’t have the enthusiasm to do anything, it will just be a delaying tactic before sale. Trouble is I have no choice, I desperately need to travel, to see the places I have dreamed about. If I don’t do this now I know I never will. I guess the answer is just to have a short term tenant and move straight back in when I return. Life is so complicated at times. I love being free and living alone, it’s the first time in my life I have not been responsible for others, it is a really good feeling. I know many people never get this chance and that is very sad. Yet others I know absolutely hate being on their own and certainly would not consider travelling alone. We are all different that’s what makes life interesting.
    Good Luck with your next goal, you know you can make it, I know where you are coming from with yoyo dieting, it is really depressing.
    I am very tired and therefore rambling. Off to bed now.
    Night, night

Good morning fellow fasters. Well another 1/2 kg down today, that’s about 2 kg for the week so far with first FD here today.

Jojo like you I am able to be on my own and am never bored but unlike you I rarely get to experience it for any length of time 🙂

Amazon be kind to yourself, there’s a lot going on in your life right now, as there is for Wee too, I don’t mean over indulge but allow yourself a little of something that you really want at least once per week while you’ve got this going on, same for you Wee.

Hoping SAMM is okay too.

Have to run as have been dawdling today and it’s nearly time to get to work … will try to catch up through the day if time permits.

Hello all,

Reading back the last half dozen posts is lovely. Discussions of important and personal stuff shared with trust and obvious mutual support. Thankyou Jojo for providing this thread! As you say, although we are all impatient, (some more than others), we will get there eventually – without paying WW! Just sharing our thoughts and problems and supporting each other, we don’t need to turn to food for comfort. Jojo it might be hard living with your ex husbands junk food, but you are a different person than last time you lived there.

Amazon, sorry to hear of your worries, I do hope things improve in your world. Also Wee, thinking of you too.

AO wonderful to hear you are back on track so well, great work! I can also relate to the same weight being lost then found again, in my case from too much socializing! But at least it goes again quickly. I have gotten back into the groove this week, just need to hide the peanut butter from myself! Our kids that are living here whilst building will hopefully (for them) be gone in another month or so. There have been the usual delays of building of course. Although they are no trouble and I will miss them terribly, I am hoping eating will be simpler and easier once they have moved out! I am off for a swim now, looking forward to it!

Cheers x

Hi FTs everywhere:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama and Keirra (haven’t heard from you for awhile, are you lurking?) in Victoria
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee and CakeyWakey in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori, HealthCoachB and Sarah103 in USA
    DJ in Canada;
    In case I’ve missed anyone, no offence intended. As RT says: “You know who you are.”

So many posts to respond to … I have been reading but no time to respond till now.

Jojo, I’m definitely with you all the way; lovely poem. I’m usually very impatient but know from bitter experience that hard dieting doesn’t work for me in the longer term. I’m a tortoise in this race but WILL finish. Well done on your first walk. Always a bit disconcerting to know we are being assessed in anything, but I assume that was the first and only time for walk leading.

Amazon and Wee, sorry to hear things are challenging at the moment – sending biggest e-hugs to you both. Look after yourselves and don’t set the food bar too high with other difficult things going on. I strongly believe that we can only satisfactorily deal with a maximum of two hard things at the same time so food deprivation is an unnecessary burden when things are tough.

Smiffy, thinking of your mum and her slow progress. Hopefully it continues to be PROGRESS. You also need to take care of yourself. What’s an occasional food bomb-out between friends?

Hope the injuries: Jojo, Happy and Amazon’s backs and SAMM’s knee are gradually improving.

Bay, good advice (yet again) about giving the white carbs a miss. I have mostly eschewed (good word for food) pasta, rice and potatoes for evening meals but can’t pass a lunch sandwich (on non FDs). I have at least switched to 9-grain bread instead of white (OH’s favourite). Have decided can’t come at sourdough and have ditched the starter – its sour flavour is very off-putting. Odd, I usually like sour things but it’s the smell I associate with decay; to each their own.

Sarah, well done on getting to goal.

Purple, thanks for yummy recipe – it’s on next week’s menu.

Ply, re skinny husbands and junk food, I too live with one who has a stockpile of fatty treats like chocolates, cream biscuits and savoury snacks of every imaginable description and believes giving them to me is how to show love, bless his heart. I try to keep them out of sight but their siren call from the ‘snacks drawer’ occasionally undoes my good resolutions.

AO, well done on such good progress this week. I too now have my head organised, despite my darling’s best efforts. I’m normally very positive but I think the grey weather and the cold dragged me down. Hope all is OK for your OH. It would be lovely to share the IF WOL with him but better if he isn’t dragged to it unwillingly. I guess you could always cite Mr P’s success if he is diagnosed with Type 2.

Applepie, also well done on losses. 8 stone something is still a distant dream for me but I weighed that until I turned 50 so have not given up on getting there again. Not sure why you can’t find kale in Spain – it’s easy to grow in winter. We also have a Mediterranean climate and it grows prolifically. You could always substitute dark green cabbage – it’s the same thing in a different shape.

Yesterday went to yoga and didn’t have anything calorific until 3pm, an orange, then dinner of 100g grilled steak with salad – 315C for the day. Today so far so good, now just after 11am and only black tea. Planning a tiny custard of 20ml milk and whole egg (left over from brushing pie top) mixed with chopped orange for lunch; an experiment and will let you know if OK. Microwaved garfish and salad – not MW 😉 for dinner.

RT, Ryvita and sardines – yummo! As you said about the egg and bacon sanger, simple foods but fantastic. Like you somewhere in the past few years I have lost height, gone from 165 to 164cm.  Hoping Ply’s advice about Pilates also applies to yoga and I am stopping the decline. Nice quote from Michael J – so true.

Nama, what a lovely comment from your son – skinny!

Take care all and keep up the good work. N xxx

Thanks, Nicky

What a lovely long post. Thinking of all the lovely people with problems and hoping things look up soon. Amazon, Wee, Jojo, Ply and Samm. Glad you’re feeling better, Nicky and AO. 🙂

It’s a gloriously sunny blue sky day here and will top out at 16 C. I’m fasting and will be out working in the garden soon. Took the dog on her one hour walk this morning. The Autumn leaves are absolutely glorious this year.

I had my annual bloods done, after the sugar free Lent, and the Triglycerides have vanished down to 0.5 which is the lowest healthy level. High Trigs are related to high sugars, grains and low levels of exercise, so I’m very happy with those results.

Congratulations, Applepie, on your great results. Enjoy the sensation of being a slim woman You earned it.
    😆

As Nicky and Purple say, slow and steady wins the race. In being slow and steady we build habits that make IF our way of life by the time you get to goal. Easy on, easy off. 🙄 RT and Nama, way under control. Peace!

We each need to find the rewards that we like, and ones that are not related to food or alcohol.

Cheers, all. Bay 🙂

Smiffy, thinking also of you. B 🙂

Hermaj, How are you? Hope life is treating you well. Cheers, Bay 🙂

Morning/evening all.

It took me over two hours to do a one hour journey last night due to an unfortunate soul falling under a train. I dug my heels in and cooked the roast dinner that was cancelled on Sunday, and sat down to roast pork with apple sauce at 9.30pm. I really enjoyed it along with a glass of wine and a small home made apple and strawberry pie. I slept very well and was woken by the sun streaning through the window. My back is much better but still a bit stiff and I’m going to take it easy this morning before heading off to the hospital.

I’ll be fasting today too and as there is nothing on offer at the hospital that could possibly tempt me, and no shops nearby it won’t be difficult.

It has been very uplifting reading all the posts of the past couple of days.
    Well done Applepie, Ply and anyone else who has posted a loss, a big hug for Wee, and Smiffy I hope your Mums recovery is continuing.
    Thanks for your good wishes. I am trying to remain positive that the situation will improve.

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Good morning/evening all

I’m pleased to say mother is much, much better – she is worrying about how little she thinks i am eating, so that’s a good sign! She is eating well again herself and was out of bed for part of yesterday so it’s looking optimistic. I am due to meet a friend for a day in Oxford tomorrow and bought my train ticket a few weeks ago, so hoping I can go home later today. My brother only lives a few minutes away from mother, so my sister-in-law will hopefully pop in from time to time and keep an eye on her.

Amazon, I hope your family’s troubles are improving, and thinking of you too, Wee.

Apart from my wine, chocolate and cheese blitz the other day I’ve had a fast day and a couple of very low cal days so will be interested to see what my scales say when I get home, though I have missed my daily walks. Mother has some new scales which are non-digital but I’m not convinced about their accuracy. According to them I am at goal! I’m sure they are weighing at least 7lbs light, but it’s a great thing to see!

Jojo mentioned WW, and it occurred to me that one of the great things about this WOE is how we have all the support and combined knowledge of a slimming club but without the stress. I’ve belonged to them all over the years and it was always so nerve-wracking a day or two before I was due to be weighed in case I’d had those extra few mouthfuls or a social occasion which would show on the scales. In fact it was often for those very reasons that I would end up not going and then think ‘might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb’ and give up completely. Part of the success of this WOE is, for me at least, that it really doesn’t matter. We have no-one to answer to on any particular day of the week except ourselves, and we know that another fast day or two will get rid of the problem. We can just relax and get on with it, and I’m sure that makes a difference psychologically.

Well done Applepie, how fantastic you must feel, also AO and Nicky getting back on track.
    Bay – what great results from your bloods!

Have a good one all. All being well I will be back with OH and the dogs later today. I have obviously been glad to be here looking after my Mum but oh, how I have missed them!

Smiffy x

Ps Amazon – just read your post – how horrible! Look after yourself and I hope the news is good.

Hi Fast Trackers and EFB’s (Efficient fat Burners)
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey And Hello World (You know Who You) 😉 Some personal best efforts been listed in the past day or so Nama with a 4-3 and a further half a kilo gone for good well done skinny mum son has excelled good work all,ply also on the 4-3 band wagon and 18-6 secret squirrel style 😉 it takes commitment dedication and belief 10lbs in 3 weeks proves that the proof is in the pudding 😆 or not but fantastic for you..And jojo leading the way with 4-3 and 19/5 with 15000 steps it is a great combination that worked effectively for me and like you I find not eating until 1pm fine although having said that work takes a fair chunk of that time for me at least 😥 do you leave your flat fully furnished when you rent them out in the UK? AO 2kg sen bloody sational woop woop I knew you would get your groove on and the AO mojo back as soon as you started listing the cal count I knew you where back you must be well pleased and rightly so!! Nicky the tortoise that’s a fine handle to have it does not matter as long as we all keep on keeping on and do the doable micro wave garfish now that has my interest a would be keen to copy and paste that my fast friend and I hope ply is correct too but I have no where here to have a crack at the pilates so I might get one of those board things and hang upside down by the ankles bahaha 😆 Applepie 26.5 lbs gone for good is fabulous rejoice in the achievement why not you did it anjoy it 😉 Smiffy if you can see it you can be it goal it is awesome and Bay great news regards the bloods very personally satisfying you’re a leader there are many including me plodding along behind you and Dear Amazon terrible days I would normally offer up some humour but that can keep sending cyber hugs and all my super powers you way.
    Good Night Good Morning Good Evening and Good Afternoon where ever you are
    Peace RT.

RT – kind words for everyone – what a very sweet man you are.

I second Smiffy – always a delight to read your upbeat comments RT. You always manage to say it exactly as it is but with a happy twist! How is maintenance by the way? (I am jealous)….

Great to hear your Mum is improving Smiffy – food poisoning is terrible and I guess she is not young, so it must have really knocked her around.

I am feeling really sad about the imminent executions in Indonesia. Of course they are criminals and must be punished, but I will never, ever see any justice in capital punishment. Also of course, the tragedy in Nepal. I am keeping well away from the news, its just too sad at the moment.

Mum is 89, Nama, so obviously any health issues are a great worry, but she is a lot better today. Just showered her and I’m going to set her hair – that always makes her feel better!

Like you, I’m keeping away from the news – it’s all horrible. The only glimmer on the horizon is the imminent arrival of the new Royal baby……!

Good afternoon Fasters,

The news is grim that is for sure. How sad for so many families to have missing relatives. What a worry, thousands of people trapped and cut off from help in remote villages.

I played a good game of bowls this morning, winning by a small margin. I have a game on Thursday ( a friendly) which should be fun. After lunch I joined two friends on a cliff top walk which was very beautiful but a little chilly in the wind. My dogs very much enjoyed the 5 mile hike though.

Off to a Caribbean meal tonight, that should make a change.

Have a good evening friends. Thinking of you all with your problems both health and families.

Good morning fellow fasters. Another positive result this morning with another 400g down. I’m certainly getting right back into the groove thank goodness, this first week will be the hardest then it will ease from then on (I hope) until it becomes 2nd nature once again. The cold sure is more difficult to get through the day without eating, however I managed it yesterday with having one cup of Bonox (similar to Bovril) then eating enough to feel satisfied without being full (topped up with water and black unsweetened coffee). I’m noticing changed in my wrists (of all things) and can see more of my bone structure (not all yet, I’m not that slender, in fact I’m still in the obese range) and although I’d been losing before this was not in evidence so maybe I really was needing to reboot a while ago without realising it.

Hope everyone and their families are well or improving in their health … waiting to hear tonight re OH’s blood sugar levels (keeping positive that there will be no real issue).

Have to run again otherwise I’ll be late for work (again) and that is not good. Ciao for now 😀 AO xx

Hi Nama firstly what a great Anzac day win for the pies and it was a good match unlike the crows game never ever likely out hunted out bustled out played the doggies where way to committed I think my boys where reading too many stories in the local daily newspaper telling them all how good they are and too complacent and lazy not good form leading into the showdown on Sunday I did not pick the 9 I know that one 😳
    As for the maintenance I find it more satisfying and rewarding than the challenge to get to goal for a whole range of different reasons and in no particular order I don’t like the term maintenance Wikipedia definition is ‘maintenance’ repair and operations and overhaul involves fixing should something be out of order or broken.
    I prefer to ‘maintain’ to continue on keep going keep up carry on and sustain. Maintain the determination the motivation the holistic approach When I am walking around the streets at 3.15am in a heavy fog to get my steps up in the morning it is my commitment to maintain the effort to maintain the 5-6 hour daily eating window to maintain the 2 fast days to maintain not driving through the bottle shop to get a 6 pack of Melbourne stubbies and a big bag of cheese and onion chips every day to also maintain not spending $30-$40 a day at the onsite canteen with 3-4 visits a day on greasy yummy crap. Reading Purples 2 year overview is inspiring to park away from the shops to take the stairs not the lift to watch portion size to have awareness of the quality and quantity of food consumed. Bloody awesome I tell my boys to make extra house payments if they can or jack the repayments as it will help pay it off quicker and save a heap of cash on interest, for me no different every day I can help myself live longer to stay healthier to take ownership of be responsible for my own life choices now I can run between light poles every now and then to boost the fitness I can extend the eating window I can have another fast day I feel more alive I feel more centred in control empowered and I am now doing all I can that is good for me to live a long life in good health and not doing what made me feel good short term that was not good for me. I bought a brand new car in 2006 a XR6 BF Ford my first ever and every day I drive that car it is personally rewarding and satisfying I don’t drive it much it’s only got 26000 on the clock it’s in the shed mostly. I feel the same way now when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and step on the scales I love life LG Lifes Good.
    Eat Fast & Live Longer
    Peace RT.

Good morning fellow-fasters everywhere:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama in Victoria
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee and CakeyWakey in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori, HealthCoachB and Sarah103 in USA
    DJ in Canada;
    In case I’ve missed anyone, as RT says: “You know who you are.”

Bay, wise words as always. Autumn is glorious here too this year. Congratulations on the blood test results – slim AND healthy! Who could ask for more?

Amazon, horrible trip home to top off a less than wonderful day. Good to hear you slept so well after your late feast – it sounded yummy. Not sure I could have been bothered under the circumstances, have always been a lazy eater when OH is away for work, either eating the same each night from a batch cookup or having simple (aka minimal cleanup) meals like eggs on toast.

Smiffy, such good news about your mother’s health. Funny how it’s so easy to tell when someone’s getting better – they complain about the hospital food usually, although in your case ‘You’re not eating enough’. 🙂 Very good points about our WOL vs WW. This WOL is much better because it retrains our former bad habits and also builds self-reliance and self-confidence. So powerful!

RT, MW fish is a favourite FD meal for me. I brush about ½ tsp of fish oil (I use Melrose lemon flavoured fish oil) onto biggish square of baking paper (the silicone sort), arrange the fillets on it then top with seasoning and veg of choice like tomato or capsicum slices, fold up the paper parcel and microwave for a minute or so on a heatproof dish. If alone I eat it direct or in company (ie with OH) slide the whole lot onto the dinner plate and add lettuce, cucumber and home-pickled beetroot. Garfish and silver whiting are both about 100C/100g raw weight so 150g is a very low-cal filling FD dinner.
    Edit: you posted while I was writing this – such good points about the dictionary def of maintenance and what we are all doing. Bit fresh this morning for your walk I bet, it was 6oC when I left for work.

AO, well done this week and good results reinforce it. I too have had a much better week with 2kg (4.4lbs) gone from my moaning birthday weigh-in. It’s such a bonus to find our other unmeasured dimensions are changing too – I now do my watch up on a tighter notch and my ring is looser. Keeping my fingers crossed for Mr AO’s BS results.

Have a good day all and keep up the good work. n xxx

Hello all,

Well I got a buzz this morning too! After fasting Mon and having usual 600g drop, yesterday I ate mindfully but well over 1000 cals and today there is another 200g gone instead of the usual bounce up after a non fast day! Obviously the overal good behaviour for the last week has accumulated, added to the energetic walking and swimming – very happy bunny.

RT thanks for feedback re your experience of being at goal – very encouraging, as with all other “maintainers” that post on here. I think we were related in another life (apart from the 6 pack and chips, give me coffee and cake any day). I also love my footy (obvious reasons this week) and love cars! I know exactly what you mean when comparing the pleasure you get from your new lifestyle and the pleasure you get just from looking at your XR6. I once owned a flash convertible and got a buzz every time I got into it. Unfortunately it had a heavy clutch and I had to sell it last year due to a chronic achilles injury and dodgy knee (both clutch side) I had always planned to keep it forever! But would you believe my consolation prize was my husbands 10yr old XR6!! Love it, lots more k’s than yours but still goes like a rocket. Bright blue and kept in mint condition by husband, but driven all over Australia. Apologies here to those that consider their cars just a mode of transport!

I also love the mention of taking care of your health long term, an investment even more important than extra mortgage payments!!

Have a great day/evening all x

Well done, Nama, Nicky and AO,

Lots of lovely results this week. Keep on keepin on!

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Thankyou Bay, sorry I forgot to congratulate you on your blood results – what a fabulous reinforcement. Hope its as sunny in Canberra as it is in Melb today, we just walked for 2 hours in glorious sunshine. x

Nama, It’s been absolutely blue sky glorious. Now black clouds rolling in. Can’t complain as we need the rain. 😉 Bay

Good Morning Fast Trackers,
    Still cool and cloudy down south UK. Off to indoor bowls today then Yoga later plus choir so full day planned.
    Caribbean meal last night was not great but the company was very good. None of the other 7 people can relate to my ‘not drinking’ yet it really doesn’t bother me, quite happy with sparkling water. As I watched a fellow obese chap guzzle 5 bottles of beer and three glasses of red wine, his dinner(5 courses) plus much of his wife’s leftovers I thought to myself, he won’t make it to 70 years old the way he is going. He had no control whatsoever and he is only mid 30”s, probably close to 20 stone.
    I too like convertible cars, used to have a purple blue mini, heaven to drive. Like you Nama it had to go when I had a tendon problem with my left ankle. But I will buy another convertible when I sell my house. I like a stylish car.
    Two more fasts to go this week so fingers crossed.
    Have a good ‘hump’ day all

Thank you Bay, I had been struggling since start of Easter so it’s good to be back in the groove (so to speak). Had a little bit of a struggle on yesterday’s FD but managed to keep under 400 calories (only just but still that’s all I needed to do 😀 ) resulting in another 400g down today. I’ll have to go check back on how much I’ve actually lost so far this week as I have another FD scheduled tomorrow (although that may change slightly, not sure yet, as we may be going out to lunch for a farewell to my manager as I won’t be here on his last day and it’s too frantic any other time).

Well done Nama on your continued losses … let’s hope we all have a magnificent loss this week (apart from those who are at goal and will maintain the status quo).

Overcast here today, but no rain thus far (we had sufficient last week for a few more days at least as otherwise it doesn’t soak into the ground and we just end up with clay clinging to everything haha 😆 )

Oh my giddy aunt, I’ve just calculated the total loss since recommencing in earnest earlier this week … drum roll please:

2.2kg or 4.84 lb!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m gobsmacked!!!

And there’s still tomorrow to go until my “official” weigh in day on Friday!!! Would be awesome to get to the 3kg but I’ll have to weight and C (pun intended) 😆

Wow, wow, wow!!! Fantastic AO, great work! Another incredible shrinking person on this thread!

AO, I told you that you could do it!

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well. I have re-started the Fast Diet and am only my second week and second day of Fasting today. Yesterday was a feed day for me as I fasted on Monday.
    I feel awful! I have woken up with the worst stomach ache and a lingering headache. I have no energy at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal or should I look into what I am consuming on feed days?

Any info appreciated.

Makdeniz. x

Hi Mak, welcome. Your symptoms are not typical apart from your headache. Headaches are common when starting to fast and can be resolved by drinking more water and taking in more salt to retain some fluid. Its most likely due to dehydration. We miss the water in food when we fast and need to remember to increase our water consumption to compensate. Lots of us experience headaches at first but they pass. Stomach upset a bit unusual, but many people do experience some changes in usual gut patterns – you may have a lot of ‘wind’ which can be very painful or as you say, it could be related to what you ate yesterday. Keep going with the fasting, it gets easier! And keep experimenting until you find what works for you. Good luck.

Thanks for the response Nama.

I don’t think I drank anywhere near enough water yesterday. Big Mistake. Trying to make up for it now though. I think I went wrong with breaking my fast with a full meal. In hindsight perhaps I should have just had some soup or something at first. I will definitely try it tomorrow after my fast today.

Hope your having a great day.

Makdeniz x

My day almost done thanks Makdeniz, in Aus and its 10.30pm! The extra water will def help, plus have something salty like miso soup (very low cal) or even just plain salt. The headache should settle. Try to experiment with breaking the fast. Most of us find we are not hungry the next morning after a fast day, even though we expect to be starving! When I first started I had some strange reactions when I first ate (as in extra wind etc), but that soon passed. (Literally). Log on here with your questions, there are people all over the globe on this thread and someone will be awake. The forum is a great support and once you master fasting you will find it the best weightloss tool ever. Just be patient with yourself, it takes a while to get the hang of it. Try to stick as closely as you can to your calorie allowance, but keep trying till you succeed. And if one fast day ‘falls over’ just move on and try again. Cheers.

Fabulous result, AO. 🙄

I must go to bed. Fast day tomorrow. Bay 🙂

Hello Makdeniz,
    Welcome to our thread. I personally suffered quite badly in the first 2 months of fasting. Constant headaches, unable to sleep on fast nights and stomach aches after breaking fast. I stuck with it and changed many of the foods I used to eat and feel much healthier and happier. Also I discovered my spectacles were over prescribed which was not helping my headaches. Certainly drinking lots or water and having miso soup will help.
    Good Luck

Evening all .

So sorry I have been gone for so long . So much happening . 3 birthdays ,3 deaths (one a family member and 2 close friends) . Then we were told another close friend of OH has only a few months/weeks . so so sad .

Then someone very close to us in the family is emigrating . can’t say too much at the moment as not a lot of people have been told .I am going to miss them so much .

I had a brilliant birthday and the next day ( i think it was ) all I ate was a mc’flurry and a litre of ice cream . I was on a sugar high and I was talking so much rubbish lol . It must be what it is like to be drunk . The family thought it was hilarious lol . The next day I had a bit of a wee carb fest . I put on about 7 pounds in the 3 days BUT I enjoyed it and didn’t feel guilty . 4 pounds of that are already gone .

AO well done on the weight loss pal :).. Amazon I hope you are feeling better pal . RT love the jokes . I love all of you guys .

I now have sweet potato and cauli riced in the fridge to try them .
    Our eldest Granddaughter is now calling me ” the original shrinking woman “lol . met a friend yesterday I haven’t seen for ages and she kept hugging me and saying ” you are tiny.. I hate you lol”.

MDP can you give me the recipe for the cake with the grated sweet potato in it please and the cauli rice pizza base please ( I am 90% sure it was you) .

I am sorry If I have missed anyone out .

Wee xx

Hi Fast Trackers and EFB’s (Efficient fat Burners)
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey And Hello World (You know Who You) 😉
    Hold the phone AO kapow shazam and boof (just like the batman cartoon) 😆 fantabeousa reset and unload that is special well bloody done you.Nicky thank you for the fish parcel recipe I am cuing that up for my dinner this evening I will get some fresh fish tonight but I will need to research melrose lemon fish oil and this sexy sounding beetroot pickle not had or heard of either before I am excited 😈 Nama yes the XR6 is a crowd pleaser mine is the colour ‘seduce’ yes a true story folks and like yours does get up and boogie very well ok fast trackers lets get our fast on with
    Peace Love and Happiness
    RT

Viewing 50 posts - 9,201 through 9,250 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.