Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,501 through 8,550 (of 16,657 total)

• RT what a crack up ๐Ÿ˜† love them ๐Ÿ˜€

A friend came over for a brief time last night and his first comment was “you’ve lost weight” now I’d seen him just a few weeks ago but it seems that people are starting to notice now which is great ๐Ÿ˜€

More busy times … had FD followed by semi-FD (only difference was I had one slice of bread, butter and cheese) both 23/1’s, as I’m going out for dinner Thursday (my normal FD before weighing) I’m going to only eat at dinner tomorrow and make as wise a choice as I can with what will be available but will allow myself a light lunch today (first lunch this week).

Crikey Wee, Happy and everyone else affected by this extended winter in the nh … it’s almost as though winter doesn’t want to leave you!!! That’s so hard for you all.

Dashing off again … so much to do, so little time in the mornings now (feel like a headless chook some days, Smiley lol hahaha ๐Ÿ˜† )

Hi AO,

It’s bitterly cold again today, with hail, sleet, light snow and gale force winds, but quite sunny! Yesterday it poured with rain and I got hot aches in my hands doing the hens ๐Ÿ™

I’m finding it hard work fasting at the moment, when my body’s telling me I should be eating comforting carbohydrates, and outdoor exercise opportunities are hardly appealing…

Nice that friends are noticing your weight loss. I know we’re doing it for ourselves, but the odd compliment here and there doesn’t hurt ๐Ÿ™‚

LOL, RT. I have sent it round the office, now ducking for gawfs! ๐Ÿ™‚

I think we have your spring, NH. Lovely autumn day, forecast looks good for Easter, I should get out of the office and work off some Easter eggs. And hot cross buns for morning tea – birthday shout by boss.

Lovely news, Wee. It’s a happy image you draw of your cast-offs.

Stay well, everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Good morning Fast Trackers,
    Off to bowls then gym. First day of contact lenses was not great, he’ll of a problem getting one out. Amazon they don’t do varfocal lenses do they? Apparently you can have one lense under strength but this is not good for driving. We will see.

Gym later, just yoga and swim.

Quiet evening in for me tonight, bed and book me thinks.

Not fasting today but controlling calories to 1000.

Morning/evening all.

Lovely spring morning here but still breezy which means it’ll be cold outside!

Jojo, ask your optician, I know someone who wears them but I’m not sure of the details.

I’m feeling much better this morning and am off to the gym shortly.
    Not fasting today, but low calorie and 16/8.

Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ˜›

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA And Hello World (You know Who You) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    OMG what is this strange stuff falling from the sky SA friends
    Beautiful
    AO you really are a credit to you and an inspiration to the rest of us 23/1 back to back wow outstanding and I am stoked that you are getting the odd nice compliment fantastic for your motivation and also it makes you feel good about being you win win.
    Nama you are certainly ramping it up with boot camp indeed cricky the fasting EFB turbo has been switched on, I did a four day fast only once in week two it was a mission.

Weemam hairy bikers half pouch of cooing sauce what is this?

DJ75 this WOL is very flexible forgiving and fabulous you have already made the greatest decision by beginning..
    Emel great to read your post 10000 steps is a fantasic achievement and learning french
    Bay still setting the bar high with 18 hour water fast too good
    Sarah 6 fast days (not back to back surely) and down 2.8 pounds awesome
    Applepie 2lbs loss living in Spain Mucho socialing loved it ๐Ÿ˜† that is yet another country to the world of Jojo strong chilled white wine and strawberries and cream no thanksโ€ฆstrong
    Cakeywakey getting through until the vening meal takes practice and resolve you are doing well
    Jojo sausages onion gravy and mash yummo the local butcher here has won the best bbq suasage in Australia and is a great banger
    Amazon heading for 30deg today blue sky and sunshine here
    PVE do you still wiegh morning and night?
    Nicky you should be able to find an appropriate evaluation for a student I am quite sure ๐Ÿ˜‰
    SAMM I have been meaning to ask you
    500cal 8am
    500cal 12.30pm
    500cal 5pm
    500cal 9pm
    In a day then follow that up with a 27 hour water fast is this the blue print for the life of SAMM?
    Happy Hump Day Losers
    Peace RT

Morning all.

I had a very successful FD yesterday – 6 ounces Mahi Mahi, large green salad with balsamic vinegar and pepper and a small banana.

I then decided to try on clothes to keep me busy and to get some motivation. Wow, happy dance! Many pieces of my winter wardrobe that I haven’t been able to wear for 2 years now fit. I am almost happy it is another sub zero day here in Montreal, I am going to wear one of my favourite suits. Tonight I’m going to take my measurements, as I think I am going to be very happily surprised.

Have a great day/evening everyone!

Hi everyone,
    Glad you are feeling better Amazon, your rest day probably helped!
    Oh Jojo, I hope you sort your eyes out, thats really stressful when you cant see. I lost my multifocals overboard on a ferry last year and spent the last two weeks of our holiday in prescription sunglasses, really hard to watch a movie and not look like the Blues Brothers!
    RT your one-liners were very funny, does not bode well for our Public Service does it? I was wondering about Weeman’s cooing sauce too – maybe its made of pureed pidgeons?
    SAMM and Purple have gone AWOL together!
    DJ isnt it great when previously tight clothes fit! Very valid to dance…
    I had a lovely swim today, 3rd day of 4 day fast. Doing ok, very hungry after swim though and started having visions of a grilled steak – luckily I was in the car at the time and no food available. Managed to get thru the day as planned apart from one spoon of peanut butter that flew out of the pantry and into my mouth when I wasnt looking. Gee it tasted nice! Invited to dinner with family at Jamieson on Friday night, hope its fish in honour of Good Friday! My neice’s husband will be there and he is known for cooking big slabs of meat on a spit, but he was bought up a good Italian Catholic boy, so will probably do the right thing on Good Friday. (I am not religious, just thinking of the calorie benefits of the fish!) My contribution will be Wilbersnanna’s Chocolate Brownies, low carb, no sugar, low everything – made with grated sweet potato! Looking forward to making them tomorrow, but may need to tie a bandana tightly round my mouth in case some batter jumps into my mouth. We are leaving for (scale-free zone) Jamieson tomorrow afternoon, so unfortunately I wont be able to measure the effects of my 4 day fast in weight lost on Friday morning. But maybe thats a good thing – sometimes when I have a really good loss I have been known to ‘reward’ myself with something edible..

Cheers all, keep up the great work!

RT, it’s closer to 3 degrees here and I am very jealous.
    Once again the gym was quiet this morning, which meant a lovely swim in an almost empty pool after my workout. I also think someone had turned up the pump in the jacuzzi, it nearly knocked me over ๐Ÿ˜†
    I forgot to weigh myself this morning, next FD is tomorrow so I’ll do it on Friday before having the first bacon sarnie since before the start of Lent.
    Bread, I ‘ve missed you ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well done to everyone who has lost this week, and especially to those who are receiving compliments, I mean you AO, you must be so happy!

Nama, Your post wasn’t there when I started mine, I have the same problem with peanut butter. It is amazing how it happens ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I’ve not eaten any bread for weeks but half a jar of it has disappeared, and I’ve no-one else to blame ๐Ÿ˜†

Don’t worry about the effects of boot camp, just go away and enjoy your weekend. I’m sure you’ll have a few treats but I bet you won’t go too mad after all the hard work.

Good evening all,
    Won my bowls game this morning so very pleased, again it was stiff competition. Yoga was good, a few interesting new exercises. I have decided to train as a yoga teacher when I return from Australia. Meanwhile I will do some study of bones and muscles in preparation. I think working for myself is my preferred option and if it keeps me fit more to the good. I have been doing yoga for 30 years so I might as well make use of my skills. It will be a good way to meet people when I move to a new location. I wonder if they will accept me for training at 60 years of age, guess I had better check before I get excited.
    I met someone in the park today that did not recognise me, she said I look amazing. I told her I feel great and can strongly recommend retirement and fasting, perfect combination.
    Eating sensibly today. Chicken soup with chunks of chicken and apples, not together obviously.
    Fasting tomorrow.

Well done all posters who are losing weekly. If you are having problems take heart that you can get back to it when you are ready.

DG congratulations ,getting into your smaller clothes is great :).

Amazon so glad you are feeling better pal .

Peanut butter YUMMY . I don’t buy it now as I used to just eat it out of the Jar with a spoon :).

My cooing sauce was supposed to read cook-in sauce lol . laughed out loud when I read the comments from Nama and RT ๐Ÿ™‚ .

If you saw anyone dancing around the TK Max carpark today it was me lol . I tried a pair of trousers on and the girl asked ” are they OK?” I laughed and said yes but they are about 2 feet too long lol . She said I needed to go to the childrens clothes and try on an age 16 . I am floating on air lol .

Then I went shopping and my granddaughter works there . She came up behind me and said ” Hiya nanny ” and gave me a big cuddle .THEN she said ” I was going to give you a fright then I remembered what age you are ” . Then we both laughed . One minute I was a child and the next too old for a fright lol .

It has been a lovely day .AND I had my hair cut ..Life is good ๐Ÿ™‚

Jojo our posts crossed pal . I don’t think age should come into it and they would be lucky to have someone with your experience .

Wee xx

The only yoga class I’ve ever attended was run by an 85 year old woman who could put her foot behind her head! She was excellent. Unfortunately I was staying at a health spa nowhere near home or I probably would have taken it up.
    I don’t think it’ll make a difference to your chance of being accepted for training Jojo. Both of my Pilates teachers have been over 50, and one of them didn’t train until she had worked elsewhere for 25 years. I’ve noticed that some of the yoga teachers at the gym are of a similar age, and the aqua teacher is in her 60s.
    Wee, you’ve been having a good time by the sound of things. I’m trying to put off buying new trousers until I’ve stopped losing weight, but I’ll have to get a new belt to keep the current ones up!
    I’ve found some peanut butter that only contains peanuts, no oil, no salt and no sugar and it is delicious.

Amazon only one question pal . Can I still eat the full jar ? lol . because when I start I can’t stop ๐Ÿ™‚

Wee xx

Of course you can Wee, but then you have to fast for 3 days to make up for it ๐Ÿ˜†

I think the spoonful I sneaked yesterday is what made me feel better ๐Ÿ˜‰

LOL I take my hat off to you that can only take ONE spoonful ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ . I will NEVER loose my sweet tooth BUT if not in the house makes it easier . Not the teaspoon ๐Ÿ™‚ the peanut butter . Mind you I have made it myself with JUST peanuts . too moreish though xx

Wee xx

Hello Amazon and Weemam,
    Seriously? Peanut butter off the spoon? I had never considered this before. I have just had two spoonfuls, that will not happen again though as I have now put it in my car to go to my husband’s house. That could seriously damage a fast day calorie count.

Weeman, seems appropriate wearing clothes for a sixteen year old, I know I feel like one some days and I certainly wear bright colours these days.

Amazon- you could buy some stretchy leggings, they are fine if you drop a size.

Nama- thanks for your concern. Not wearing lenses today, my eyes look like I have been on the tiles, very bloodshot today. I will try again Friday. Have a great weekend with your family.
    DJ, hope the measurements are good news, you have reminded me that I am due to take the vital measurements again.

Book Club members are building up – great news.
    Has anyone got any cauliflower soup ideas? Preferably spicey.

Oops sorry Jojo about the peanut butter ๐Ÿ™‚ . I agree with you about the bright colours too pal . We can get old BUT we don’t need to grow up :).

I would love a cauliflower soup Idea please . I bought 2 today as I want to try cauli rice ๐Ÿ™‚

Wee xx

Jojo, if I am really struggling on a FD the one thing that stops me from eating everything in sight is a tsp of crunchy peanut butter. It has worked so far and long may it continue ๐Ÿ™‚

The trouser issue is not too bad as I can get away with what I’ve got for a little while, but once it warms up I’m in trouble. Most of my summer skirts will be too big, and I left my summer trousers in Cuba for someone larger than me. That is just so terrible as I’ll have to go shopping…………..

Cauliflower soup is nice with Indian spices. I would use turmeric, ginger, a big pinch of garam masala and some chilli, cooked in a tsp of oil with a sliced onion. Add florets of cauliflower and some water or veggie stock and simmer. I would blend it so it is smooth and creamy.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) ๐Ÿ˜†
    Weemam I see problem solved ๐Ÿ˜† the hairy biker cooing had me miffed too just quietly good work with the carpark shuffle ๐Ÿ˜†
    Barata with a month now completed I can report that the plan of actually not changing anything at all once youโ€™re at goal but keep on keeping on is for me anyway certainly doable as I have not collapsed and fizzled out like a firework at all ๐Ÿ˜‰ Who knew Yes I put on weight in the first 2 weeks but in my opinion I expected it really when going from 3 fast days to 2 so no longer 4-3 but now 5-2 for me and I gained 1.5kg in the first 2 weeks now 71kg and am still at that now yes up and down thank you Sydney but the body seems to be in a constant now within that 1 to .5kg line but 2 fast days and a daily eating window of 19/5 1.30pm -6.30pm or 18/6 1pm โ€“ 7pm depends on how Iโ€™m feeling on the day and 15000 steps a day is the blue print plan on my study of one. I will be AWOL till next Tuesday fast friends we are hiring a houseboat to cruise up the River Murray (itโ€™s our Easter thing) from Friday to Monday 4G & 3G coverage dodgy at best but thatโ€™s fine footy is back Nama you bloody beauty Go Crows ๐Ÿ˜ฏ happy Easter to each and every one of you beautiful losers please stay safe take care and be good to you and do have a little what you fancy thanks โ€˜Weeโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜‰
    โ€œEat fast & live longerโ€
    Peace RT

Hello

Final fast of the week nearly done.

Excited by all your recommendations – just had a stirfry made from the naked noodles and it was very tasty. I wouldn’t want to eat them alone but with all the other veg and a bit of sweet chilli sauce they were quite nice and very filling.

Isn’t it funny how on a FD, I can eat nothing al day and then have a meal of 300 calories and feel totally full.

I’ve also bought a tube of the oatmeal cream to try too and it seems lovely.

Hula hooping done for the day so feeling quite on top of things. Hope hope hope for that elusive pound to reach the stone off. It’s been stuck and hovering for about 3 weeks.

Looking forward to the book club recommendations – have you got one in mind Jojo?

Def go for yoga training. My teacher is 60 and is fab. He didn’t take it up till he was about 50. I think he had to leave his job in the police on account of his bad back, took up yoga to help ease it and got hooked. He is a great advert for what can be achieved.

My non FD now seem to have a funny routine. Sometimes I just want healthy food, other times I just want stuff from the well known fast food place – I don’t worry too much about it though as long as I stay within TDEE.

Love cauliflower soup, haven’t made it since I started as my recipe contains cream, I might have to revisit. I do love vegetable and lentil though. Not a fan of peanut butter, my OH loves it so it’s always in the cupboard but I have no inclination to have a spoonful.

I’m off for a nice relaxing bath and looking forward to a final day at work before a weeks holiday

CW

Weemam

Your happiness and enthusiasm today is infectious.

CW

CW xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nama have fun pal xx

Realised this last week or two I’ve spent more time catching up in this thread than I have on FaceBook – and that’s saying something

This thread is much better anyway lol

Wee xx

YAY Wee what a lovely day you had ๐Ÿ˜€

Another FD for me however as we’re out to dinner tonight I can’t guarantee staying within my count for today but I will certainly be trying to make the wisest choices as otherwise all my hard work (well it wasn’t really hard, lol) will have been for nothing ๐Ÿ˜€

Happy days to one and all.

RT love your posts btw ๐Ÿ˜€

Must run, so much to do today and having eldest grandson over for a sleep over after we’ve been out for dinner (and he’s finished training and had dinner).

Ciao for now ๐Ÿ˜† … AO ๐Ÿ˜€

AO enjoy your dinner pal .

Wee xx

EMEL
    Sorry for getting behind on postings.,
    I’m have a chest,throat,nose, cold. First one since last spring.
    Sucking on zinc, staying hydrated with electrolytes , gargling salt water, snorting saline solution , using medications that dry up everything while work. Come home a sleep . Fasting the first two days too.

There are several ways to jump-start the metabolism. But they are tricks.
    1 is green tea near bed time. It’s caffiene is low enough not to interfere with rem sleep.
    2 is feed the metabolism in the morning. Wake it up basically. Most people’s don’t realize even though we might be awake , moving around from room to room but still just sitting around. That’s not the the best way to let the know . HEY IM UP AND MOVING VIGOROUSLY AND EATING SOMETHING!
    Personally I keep weights in my bed area and a small stability ball to do some of the exercise that can easily be done while laying down. I don’t imagine they rack up the calorie numbers much, but it signals my metabolism I’m no longer sleeping. I get up most days and eat my vitamin and dried fruits, like prunes,cherries, blue berries, and supplements. Then I’m making time to get my first jumprope session for the day done, from 3-10 minutes. I feel personally I need to jump for minimum 20 minutes a day. As this may help me continue to keep on keepin on with jumping rope hopefully as grow much older.

I’m sure there are ways to jumpstart the metabolism through foods. However unless it’s anti inflammatory . Say like capsaicin type peppers. It may be that the inflammatory method of speeding up the metabolism may have minor consequences . About 30 years ago I read an article that stated. If we eat a raw Lima bean, or raw coffee bean, it irritates the bowels and the metabolism will work hard to expel it.
    So even today in the morning when intake my viactive calcium chew w/D&K, and my fiber tablet. They are not say gourmet in flavor, but after I also eat a single dark chocolate covered coffee bean. So the supplements I intake usually anoint to 25-50 calories , but ends with my favorite little treat I enjoy so very much.
    My understanding is cumin is inflammatory , I eat nothing inflammatory when I have a cold or flu.
    don’t get me wrong. I love cumin. Especially on eggs and in hummus recipes.

Theresalot of research now going on about food synergy . Where combining food benefits totals more benefit than eating the ingredients individually . This is a very intresting field of research I’m keeping my nose on . Sort of like saying what pairs well for flavor. Putting a spin on that? What pairs well for health benefits. Making the humble egg even more beneficial!

When I first started I wanted to make the green tea metabolism trick work. But over time the green tea simply replaced everything I use to drink. As the lemon and green tea synergies the drinking water .
    I use stevia to sweeten.

Amazon and Wee,

We never had peanut butter when I was a child so it’s never really been on my radar as an adult. However. I do have half a jar in the cupboard (bought to do satay from HB Asian Adventure). And now I know what to do with it. Not sure whether to thank you or not!

Recently I have been having a spoonful of marmite on a fast day…
    I have a feeling marmite and peanut butter will taste like a marriage made in heaven when I’m starving ๐Ÿ™‚

Jojo, I would far rather be taught yoga by a more mature woman than by someone who looks like she’s not old enough to vote and has no experience of old bones, aches and pains!

Just read JoJo post about yoga teacher training.
    I’m very pleased to read that. Made my day!

Happy,

I have always loved peanut butter and I like cashew, almond and hazelnut butters too. I would have failed on many a FD without a tsp of it. As I said earlier, I’ve found an organic brand that only contains peanuts which is a great result. Some contain lots of salt, the cheaper brands contain sugar, and most of them contain the evil palm oil, a crop which is causing forests to be cleared in many countries across the world. Oops, got carried away there, I’ll put my soapbox away ๐Ÿ˜‰

I agree about mature teachers, my first Pilates teacher took it up due to a back problem.

SAMM, I hope your cold gets better soon.

No need to put the soap box away, Amazon. What do we want? Palm oil or orangutans? No contest in my mind…

Dj
    I keep an electronic journal for foods , lately many entries are nearly the same.

One thing I kep track of was to find a go to food. If I’m over the 600 calories mark. But I don’t what to waste the whole day. I keep cans of mixed vegtables and cans of beans in the cupboard. It tracked it and those cans always fill me and keep me from eating much more. As they are 250-300 calories. I imagine there are plenty of other choices other than my favorites. I don’t beat myself up over it if I fail a fast day anymore. I know I can keep from binging by having the beans or vegetables. Personally I found that even on the occasions that do binge , I don’t feel any more sated than the beans or the mixed vegtables.

I use the mixed vegtables as substitute for spaghetti noodles . I also use a no sugar added spaghetti sauce.
    Although I don’t eat mushrooms, I like the meaty texture of mushrooms when cooked in with the mixed vegtables. Also I through in as much spinach as I can without going over. Then I limit my nut intake to 7whole walnuts. In this way even though I failed my fast day. I did however succeed in staying under TDEE and managed 100% nutrition. Was it all down with drinks until I nearly feel bloated. I know that’s not the best approach. But over time the need to binge has nearly stopped. My last binge entry was thanksgiving . The long view for me s even though I seldom binge, I’m still losing weight at 3-5 lbs a month. So I don’t bother dwelling on the binges.
    Wishing you continued success .

Hi all,

A person goes to sleep for a few hours and this thread explodes! So right CW, it is far more entertaining than Facebook.

SAMM so sorry you are sick, hope it passes as quickly as possible. Dont push yourself too hard meanwhile.

Jojo I think teaching yoga is a perfect plan. You have tailor made experience between your teaching and your 30 yrs of practice. I am challenging myself to try a yoga class next week, never ever tried it. Am probably scared of making a fool of myself, but it does interest me as a (hopefully gentler) form of exercise. The swimming has become a very enjoyable routine, so its time to step it up and add something new.

RT I envy your Murray River break. I lived in Mildura as a kid and have always had a strong attachment to that river. Enjoy the footy too, North could be a challenge! I dont have much confidence for my team this year but always look forward to the season. Great to hear your maintenance is going as planned, despite your adventures in Sydney. That could have really derailed you but didnt!

Weeman, your dancing has progressed from the bedroom to the car park! Watch out for men in white coats …… seriously, I am so happy for you, what fun you are having!

Amazon I agree re the peanut butter saving the day. I need a couple of teaspoons! If I actually plan to have it and savour the anticipation, maybe as cleaning up the kitchen after dinner, then slowly eat it, it is perfect for me. Very satisfying. If its a quality one its no different than eating a handful of nuts calorie wize, but feels much more indulgent. My eldest son has an anaphylactic reaction to peanuts, so I never even had it in the house until he moved out, so I guess that makes it even more “forbidden fruit”! I think the trick is to plan for it and really savour it consciously and that stops one going overboard with it.

I make Cauliflower soup with chicken stock and curry powder. Amazon is right, blend it well and it will taste as if it has cream in it. Minimal calories too! I hope you enjoy the cauli rice Wee, everyone in this house loves it. I need to buy a food processor tho, only have a blender and its a bit slow as can only do a bit at a time.

Bayleaf, what are your “sugar plans” after Lent? Very proud of you for your achievement, I dont think I could manage such discipline.

I need to get cracking, chocolate brownies to make and packing to do. Have a great Easter Break everyone, enjoy some indulgences. That bacon sarnie sounds divine….

RT
    SAMM I have been meaning to ask you
    500cal 8am
    500cal 12.30pm
    500cal 5pm
    500cal 9pm

THIS This was in response to failing on 4:3.
    I was trying to do 4:3 during the work week, but it was leaving me low energy , and I had 2 occurrences of low sugar. Looking at it from being diabetic lens , even 5:2 during the work week has the probability of harming myself. My weight loss slowed I was either low energy and losing weight or high energy and gaining weight . I need to reinvent the wheel and see if I could make better spokes.

I determined I needed to do most of my fasting on the weekends.
    Only 1 suits me at work Wednesday , is low hours and light light loads. So I chose it as my only semi fast day. I intake 300 calories when I clock in and another 300 at lunch. Go home and sleep. Break the fast when I clock in Thursday with health foods like oat bran and mini sweet peppers.

Then on Friday my last food intake is at lunchtime. I may work for another 5-9 hours after lunch.
    However, the timing is very consistent. 27hours from Friday lunch is 8am Saturday morning and I break the fast then. Going home and sleeping 8 hours is easy so I may get to 17 hour point without trying,and I never have a problem sleeping after 11pm even I’ve been asleep all day. I can generally sleep through the night . So the 8 am time to break my fast. Is doable. I tend to put most of my least favorite health foods at that time , because. I’m so hungry at that point I’d eat grass! So eating the foods I haven’t acquired a taste for yet has its time and place.

That’s the first 27 hour fast.

The second 27 hour fast ends when I go work Monday morning at 1 am.
    So if I back up the 27 hours means I start that fast at 9pm Saturday night .
    That’s the second 27 hour fast.

That leaves a 12-13 hour window to eat on Saturday’s . If my TDEE for that day is 2,000 calories then I decided to have four meals within TDEE.

By the method my calories restriction is 5400 calories.
    So if exercise. For 2000 calories a week. . I should be in the ball park of 2lbs a week .

And this is happening I’m extremely pleased to say. I’m losing almost as much weight as when I first started fasting. I’m chuffed! Chuffed to have found something that works but is tailored to me myself and I .
    Ive completed my first week of my spring ten week menu. I haven’t weighed in . But I just chuffed that after a two week planned break I’m right back to completing a successful 4:3 week.

Stay
    Chuffed
    And
    Keep
    On
    Keepin
    On!

A little bit excited this morning. Broken the 3 week plateau and 2 lbs down, that makes it 15lbs and something so satisfying about thinking I’ve lost more than a stone.

8 weeks
    16 fasts
    15 lbs
    And 3 inches off my waist

Normally I go on holiday and come back resolving to start a new diet. With 2 and a bit months to go to my hols, looking forward to have lost the weight before I go.

Maybe another stone by mid June – that should be doable i think.

CW

Morning/evening everyone.

Nama, enjoy your weekend away. RT, don’t rock that boat too much ๐Ÿ˜‰

CW, well done. Every pound lost feels good, but the (mile)stones feel fabulous!

I used to work with someone who was not overweight but would go on a diet for a month before her holiday and enjoy putting the weight back on rather than come home refreshed and then become depressed because her clothes were too tight!

I’m having a lazy morning and meeting a friend later for a good long walk ๐Ÿ™‚
    FD today, so no tea and cake or going to the pub after the walk ๐Ÿ™

Have a great day/evening everyone

I’ve just discovered this on the BBC website, lots of recipes ๐Ÿ˜›

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/intermittent_dieting_recipes

Hi Nama

Hope you enjoy your Easter break with family at Jamison. I haven’t really decided what to do about sugar after Lent. I’m not stopping Lent until Sunday, and I’ve had no trouble staying sugar free. However, I have a sinking feeling that if I begin with a piece of dark chocolate on Sunday, I may not know where to stop. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Thank you for your support along the way.

Mostly the sugar free days since 18 February have flown by. ๐Ÿ˜‰ My treats have been small amounts of fresh fruit, half a pear or six raspberries, and the fruits have tasted as delicious as I remember from childhood.

My plan is to stay sugar free for six days of every week. We will see.

Amazon, I have raw Brazil nuts as my go to food on a FD. I love them and they now taste as sweet as lollies used to.

Happy Easter to all. I will be beyond wifi range for most of Easter.
    Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello World – You know who you are LOL!
    Sometimes I don’t know who I am anymore, believe me!
    Many apologies not to reply and interact more but I read most of the postings. It’s incredible when I wake up and see so much action.
    YOGA – I started it exactly 10 years ago. I was very lucky my instructor was the right one. The type of person that accepted all of us whichever level we were. So much happened within this time and I am glad at that particular time I tryied my first Yoga with a wonderful person.

FD – I started this journey on March 9th – I didn’t buy the book yet because I am so behind with my other reading but this one is on my list. This is WOL for me rather another Diet. This is really working for me so far. I don’t know if I lost water or muscle … I walk my dog everyday. Not having time and I don’t want extreme exercise anymore. I am looking forward to FD tomorrow on Good Friday. My entire life as a child we observed this day back home. Never here in the US! Tomorrow will be special.

The science of food, food combining, cooking, eating I appreciate the chat always. Also I like to see the interaction of many of you, the respect and the non judgmental zone.
    Be well there,
    HCB

Good evening all,
    Great fast day, avoided many temptations today, very proud of myself.

Out for a meal this evening, my friends birthday. I don’t think there will be many low cal options. Not to worry tomorrow is another day.

My partner and I had a substantial win at bowls today, good fun.

I felt like I have walked a hundred miles this afternoon, such a glorious day, must have been out with the dogs for two hours. They are laid out flat now, bless them.

Have a great evening.
    Remember there is a programme about ‘fat’ in your diet, tonight 9 pm in the UK

Morning all.

Even with going out for dinner last night (it was yummy btw) and having a dessert I still managed to lose 700g.

Had grandson have a sleep over last night so it’s brekky duty for me so that he gets food (little monkey is now taller than me at 12 & 1/2 years old!!)

Check back in later … ciao for now ๐Ÿ˜€

Good morning all. A late night last night and I went to bed with what I thought was a fatigue headache but it is still with me this am… Am wondering if this is a reaction to flu shot… Off to Riverton this afternoon to spend weekend with cousin. We will have lunch with aunt and uncle on Sunday with more cousins and we are being taken out to dinner sat night so I will have to monitor the calories as best I can……..
    Thanks for your information Samm. I tried cumin in hummus and it is good! I am trying to replace my coffee with green tea but it just does not do it for me… I think it is a case of persisting. I like green tea but coffee is better!

Good morning all you lovely fasttrackers.

Hope you’re feeling better soon SAMM and Amazon. Sorry about sore eyes Jojo.

Lovely long weekend in prospect. Here in South Australia the weather promises to be great with a little rain forecast for Monday. Perfect for getting away into the great outdoors, camping, boating, bushwalking, whatever.

Thanks for kind words last week – sorry for such moaning. It turned out none of the suspected cheats reached the pass mark so I didn’t need to have difficult conversations, self-evident that they had to do it again. One of my students, a recently arrived beautiful Korean young man, so conscientious and hard working cracked 98%, and these other lazy sods, even by sharing their dodgy knowledge, couldn’t manage a pass.

Saw a former colleague at TAFE yesterday who said I looked ‘amazingly well’ and wanted to know what I had done – she seemed very interested in IF.

Happy Easter everyone. If you’re travelling, take care and watch out for all the suicidal idiots on the road – they remind me of cats when it rains, crazy mad. Enjoy the Easter indulgences without guilt – this WOL is for real life, unlike other eating plans which require suspension of ordinary life. n xxx

Back to eating a normal days worth of food. Waking up to day four of cold. Eating mini sweet peppers because their vitamin c is to high. Not eating any animal foods , just a personal preference to skip animal fats when my immune system is in fighting mode. High amounts of zinc too. And still managing more than 20000 steps per day and jumping rope for 6 minutes. 6 times. Have to say I love the nighttime cold medicine , because it helps the rest factor. Oh and staying overly hydrated. Including saline rinses of nasal and bucal cavities.

A chum at work keeps saying drink the whisky every day mang! UHH NOT!
    I choose the anti inflammation course. Other than an annoying runny nose the cold is mild even during non med hours.

Making a potato. Mixed with streak sauce, butter, and cheese stuffed into mini sweet peppers.
    I eat 6 Serrano peppers throughout the day. Just for inflamation. I was only achy the first day.

EMEL I also drink roasted dandelion roots. As something similar to coffee. When I put stevia in it, it is a joy
    It comes prepackaged. In most tea aisles. Good for the liver. Also only drink the green tea now days with a lemon in it and stevia to sweeten it. I found it made counting calories much easier, when my drinks were always zero calories , at first it wasn’t every day, but now it’s all I drink. Even when I’m out to dinner, I ask for water and lemon wedges, squeeze the lemon juice in and add mine own stevia. Goes well with fish.

Good morning All,
    Not too bad at dinner last night. 4 onion bargies(small) and Chicken Korma without rice or naam, I just ate meat, leaving sauce. It was swimming in the rich sweet sauce which was too sickly for me. Also only one glass of wine. When I got home I had a grapefruit for pudding with a little sugar added as quite sharp.
    My friend has been to Australia for a year and was showing me pictures from all the places she has visited, all looked great. She stayed the night in a cave with bunk beds at one point, it was too hot to live above ground in this area, half way towards Alice Springs, looked pretty basic but she said it was very clean. In fact she said Australia doesn’t have the problem with litter that is endemic in our own area. Youngsters seem to drop litter on the floor even when they are standing right next to a bin.

I am finally off the painkillers for my back so I will give it three days to work through my system then get back to the scales, fingers crossed.

I won’t be fasting this weekend as I am socialising lots but I am doing an extra day today in preparation and I won’t go too mad. I have lots of walking planned and will probably squeeze in the gym at some point. I have ballroom fitness today and circuit training.

Have a great Easter Weekend everyone fasting or not, don’t forget to keep moving.

Samm- get well soon!
    NickyF- Cheats never win in the long run, it’s best that they learn their lesson now.
    Emel- hope the headache goes away and suspect you are right, flu jabs can give you a reaction, recommend chicken broth for you too, really helps fight those viruses.
    AussieO, my son was taller than my by age 11, he is now 6′ 6″ (2 Meters), makes me feel very short yet at 5′ 5″ I am average for the female species in this country. I think Autralians are taller on average, right?

With respect to your culture and habit of using colloquial terms what should I know for my travels? I have observed the use of yummo on this thread, anything else? Everyday ones particularly would be useful as I have never really watched soap operas which were very popular here at one time and may have been useful to learn slang.

After my holiday in France( one week to go) I am going to try 23/1 on fast days, seems a natural progression towards fasting liquids only. I will trial it two days per week for one month. I think it may be a viable alternative to three fasts per week, I can honestly say that I don’t find 19/5 difficult at all these days(I even restrict hours on non fast days, what can I say? it works for me) Like Samm I mostly drink green tea, mostly fruit varieties but I also like jasmine or honey and camomile, I never sweeten these. But my first cuppa of the day is always traditional type with milk. If very hungry, ‘stomach rumbling’ stage, usually 10.30 am, I have a hot drink and an apple, if ‘mind’ hungry- just a hot drink, often lemon chunk in hot water.

Has anyone else done 23/1 regularly? What was your experience?

Morning/evening all.

FD was abandoned yesterday in favour of sugary carbohydrates and chocolate, and I enjoyed every mouthful!
    I’ll do an extra FD tomorrow.
    I’m off to the gym this morning and spending the afternoon with my family. They are great, never try to force food on me and they don’t do snacks.

Nicky, you are so right about no suspension of ordinary life with this WOL.

I must get moving, have a great Easter weekend everyone.

Good morning/evening

A lovely meal out with my family last night. I had belly pork with bubble and squeak. I didn’t have either starter or dessert. It’s so difficult to determine the calories in pub food and I do like to keep track.

I looked both up on MFP and picked the options with the highest calories just to be in the safe side so estimated 1300 calories for the plate. Have no idea if this is too much or too little. But I skipped lunch to hopefully stay vaguely within TDEE. I don’t think it matters too much, it felt like I was following my mindfulness eating principles by thoroughly enjoying it, choosing my favourite from the menu but compensating elsewhere in the day/week.

I do like the way the ‘rules’ for this WoE emanate any guilt and allow me to enjoy my food.

Summer holiday and daughters graduation in the summer and so excited to plan to be 2 stones down. Size 10 I hope.

I haven’t tried anything like the windows of eating jojo, well bit consciously but when I think back, because I use all my calories on a FD for one meal in the evening i probably have but not realised it.

Yesterday I amazed myself by feeling in the mood for some chocolate. I bought a finger of fudge which I think is just over 100 calories , compared to a family sized bar that I would have eaten previously. And felt it quite cured the fix.

Hope you all have some rest and relaxation over the Easter break and some time spent with loved ones. Not feeling any inclination to eat either hot cross buns or chocolate. My daughter suggested that she keeps one Easter egg and donated the rest to a food bank. Next year she will say to family not to buy her any. So proud of her. Mindfulness.

N

CW

Viewing 50 posts - 8,501 through 8,550 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.