Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,401 through 8,450 (of 16,657 total)

• Bayleaf,
    What is ‘colloidal oatmeal’, sounds necessary my hands seem to have very thin skin.

Last night I had Lamb Tagine, yum, then went to see a ‘Good Old Days’ musical. Lots of fun. My fellow bowls players put on a very good show. Both singing, dancing and jokes were great. I bid Β£6.00 for a huge box of vegetables so ready to make soup next week. Great evening.

Up very early today 5 am as it is my big performance at the Rugby Match, not playing, just singing. It may be televised but the is one in a million that I will be on screen. If so I will sing for Fast Trackers everywhere. Off to London.

Salad made, water packed and ready to have an adventure. Main need my thermals today as the lid will be off at the grounds. It may even rain which will be very sad as we have to sing in our uniform without coats. Guess we will dry off( probably catch a cold).

Have a great weekend all. Keep moving, have a fast break and enjoy your weekend.

Hello fellow-fasters everywhere:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama and Keirra (haven’t heard from you for awhile, are you lurking?) in Victoria
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy and Wee in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori and HealthCoachB in USA; and those with no location in your profile: Sarah 103, DJ, Daisy77, FatGraham and CW.
    In case I’ve missed anyone, no offence intended. As RT says: β€œYou know Who You are.” πŸ˜‰

Well done everyone on losses: Wee, Amazon and AO and smaller clothes: Nama and Jojo – size 14!!!

Jojo, sorry to hear your daughter is crook again – she works very hard, which probably doesn’t help. A picnic at Wembly sounds like a great idea. Good luck with the eye test. After fairly rapid deterioration at first, I have now had the same prescription for about 8 years, only changing my specs when forced. Hope your back feels better soon. Edit: our posts crossed – have a fantastic time at Wembly and I hope it stays dry.

Welcome home RT, what’s 600g between friends? That will soon evaporate as we all know. Your quip about drinking and thirst made me laugh. Sounds like you had a great trip.

Interesting discussions on salt and Vegemite/Marmite/Promite/Aussiemite. I’m definitely in the Vegemite camp; our version of Marmite is not as salty – checked at the supermarket yesterday. Thursday night after 21.5hr fast (although not as long as AO’s) had a dreadful night with at least 4 occurrences of cramp. Vegemite and cheese on toast for breakfast yesterday (not a FD – yummo!), also had a couple of my grand-daughter’s after school Twisties and a handful of salted roast cashews – such a weakness of mine too, Amazon. No cramps last night πŸ˜‰

Wee, your comment about the grey-haired woman getting in front of you in the mirror made me laugh. Like Purple (and others?) I always MW the corn still wrapped in the husk. Tried it originally because cutting the nibs off a raw cob meant they zinged off all over the place. Cooking them first softened them. My MW is at least 35 years old so not as powerful as more modern ones – I parcook for 90sec then turn over and another 90sec on the other side. Always put the nibs in to steam with the peas when we have a roast, or add at the last minute to stir-fries &c. Our fish and chip shops also sell battered potato slices, called potato scallops here in South Australia. Don’t know what they’re called in other states. Edit: Purple, also in Sydney it seems. Have never had them but thanks for the warning about Melbourne ones πŸ˜‰

Nama, it’s getting cold here too but a little burst of warmth predicted towards the end of next week. Still very dry so haven’t yet had to resort to the clothes horse. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with shoulders and back. Hopefully coming good soon.

Barata, I also have wrinkly skin and have been using the colloidal oatmeal ever since Bay (37th sugar-free day!) recommended it some time ago. No doubt more wrinkles will appear as the fat underneath goes but am working hard on my bingo wings as would love to wear sleeveless tops in the summer to show off my (eventually) toned upper arms. The muscles are there now but well camouflaged. πŸ˜‰

SAMM, always such a source of good information. Your bench-pressing of your colleague was a good trick. I’ll bet that shut those young whippersnappers up!

Daisy77, you asked for ideas for FD breakfasts and dinners. Can’t help with breakfast because I don’t eat it but dinners are easy. If you live alone then no-one else to consider – egg in lettuce, small omelette with spring onions and mushrooms and side salad, veg soup – endless list!
    OH and I eat generally the same thing, even though he is skinny, but I sometimes vary the method (far too lazy to faff about with 2 menus). E.g if we have fish then his is pan-fried dusted in flour, mine is wrapped in baking paper and microwaved. If we have a grill like lamb chops, steak &c then I limit my portion to 100g meat and never have potato but always lots of other steamed veg or salad. If we have pasta (my regular sauce is vegetarian since we gave up cured meats after seeing Dr M’s meat program – onion, capsicum, grated carrot, mushrooms and tomatoes) and I don’t have the flour pasta, usually substituting something like zucchini ribbons and a smidge of grated parmigiana. Even a roast can be low-cal if you avoid spuds and gravy, use a lean cut of meat and don’t add any extra fat.

Wiwi, glad you arrived safely in France. Have a fantastic time in Rome with your little ones. Thanks for yummy-sounding mushroom recipe – something for summer. Fitbit scales sound very fancy.

DJ, congratulations on the call back. Emotional eating is the bane of many of our lives. You can overcome it!

After my scales success yesterday (incidentally Jojo, that’s 15.1kg gone in 14 months to add to our baby elephant) I went through my trousers wardrobe and found I fitted easily into some RM Williams size 16 moleskins, some RMW tailored wool ones also 16 and Sportscraft heavy cotton size 14 (always generous sizing) so even happier bilby now. Even when skinny was always pear-shaped.

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone. Take care all and keep up the good work.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France πŸ˜‰ & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜†
    Jojo can I offer up a roast vegetable platter with my homemade hummus with chickpeas and roasted red capsicum (pepper) for the birthday party on the 26 April what time is kick off
    Cyber hostess with the most tess πŸ˜‰

Hi All – great to read about your progress but somewhat overwhelmed with the number of posts since I last checked (at which time I was also overwhelmed with the number of posts so I didn’t post… :-0 )
    Anyway, I am still here and checking in periodically to read about your adventures. I’ve had a long period of low losses (not technically a plateau) which I hope has ended with a decent loss this week (have been mucking around with 200-300g losses the last month in fact). Nothing much has changed but hopefully I will see another loss this week so I remain on track for spring (other wise I’ll have to change my name πŸ˜‰ )
    Keep up the good work all of you inspirational people, keep dancing the dance of the growing pants (or the shrinking bum) and remember you are helping many more folk than you realise.

Morning/evening all.
    Cold, grey, dull, damp, it must be spring……

I slept lke a log last night and am feeling great. My neck was treated to a hot pillow and an anti inflammatory at bed time and is much improved this morning πŸ™‚

I’m glad we have the battered chips sorted out πŸ˜†

RTs vegetable platter sounds good but two will be needed as I’ll eat one all by myself πŸ˜‰

All this talk of wrinkles….. I visited a friend yesterday and received the first “you mustn’t lose any more weight” lecture, as my moon face and three chins have now gone to reveal a few wrinkles that are more usual for a 61 year old face. I told her as kindly as possible that I am still clinically overweight and have no intention of stopping until I am at a healthy weight, and that I’ll take wrinkly over health risk any day. I have a goll, but if I look at myself in the mirro before I reach it nd decide that is enough, then I’ll go to maintenance, but I’m aiming for 7lbs more than when I was in my 20s which I think is sensible. I’ve known her for 20 years, ie she has only known me as overweight, and never seen me when I’m slim.

Have a good one everybody πŸ˜›

Evening everyone, Jojo may I offer a home made ham, cheese & tomato quiche to add to the party πŸ™‚ I make the short crust pastry, finely chop the ham and make the egg and cheese mix (chopped cheese – not the usual cheese but a matured cheddar tastes yummy) if preferred can exchange tomato for blanched spinach or go the whole hog and just add it to the mix πŸ˜† the only fat in this is in the cheese as I use a very lean ham (no visible fat)

Had a great day myself, was only needing to be careful today with my food choices, tomorrow is a little stricter with Monday back to semi-FD.

Have an awesome day/night everyone πŸ˜€ and chat more tomorrow – not in the morning as I’ve got an early start so will just be waking up, getting ready to go and leaving by 7am (eeek!!!! what am I doing???? LOL all’s good and it’s something I really want to do πŸ˜† just it IS a Sunday and usually the only day I get any sort of sleep in still it IS my choice so I’m not complaining πŸ˜€ ).

Hi everyone.

Jojo, if you have problems with your hands, dryness, cracking, bleeding etc, try Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream. It contains colloidal oatmeal, protects your hands and stays on your hands even through hand washing. It’s really good stuff and I use it all the time; my finger ends used to split and bleed, not any more.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001RYOSIS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

In Leeds, UK, they call potato slices in batter scollops and they also have specials, which they have never heard of in Cumbria. Specials are larger than normal fish which you have to order when you walk through the door. I used to frequent a fish & chip shop in Leeds where the fish was 12″ long by 4″ wide and that was sold as a normal fish, if you wanted a special it was huge and they had to cut it in half to get it wrapped up.

Eyes just popped open.
    Today I get to decide wether to have a fast day or stay on with planned break til Wednesday .
    So I went to sleep after work , it’s now 18hours since last Intake. I thinking I can manage to putter around the house and go back to bed , as the transition from 3rd shift on weekday turns to the wee hours and I may just sleep right on through till the 27 hour mark or near it.

I feel it takes more discipline to follow fasting than to exercise .
    Over the years I’ve learned that as long as keep on with exercise the more I adapt to it. It’s only hard for me to restart exercise routines. But soon I’m getting on! SO I’m just sharing. The fasting I never get used too. 600 cals is a struggle for me, as I don’t have the mental attitude to deal with hunger as good thing. I mean something has programmed me to never want to be hungry , ever! I read JoJo topic about hypnosis. That’s very effective! I wish I had the budget to see an accredited hypnotherapist. I would do just as JoJo says about having suggestion to eat some of the healthier stuffs, and sticking to 2meals a day at noon and 5pm

I feel great. A bit stiff in the ankle, but my long boots are a work of constantly adjusting the shoestrings. Weird how shoestring adjustments make such a difference on wether I walk long distances without pain.
    Since I had to take time off work the first week of the strength training I wasn’t getting in as much exercise as I wanted and planned to do over the break.

1 guy and a couple have shone Intrest in coming to lake with me. I like couples , I going on double dates with my wife.
    A day out on the lake, a nice restaurant , and then a night out going to concerts or show.
    My wife is doing well from with her illness, I don’t expect shell join me at the lake anymore though. As the boat is more my passion. She even says I love my boat. More than her. I try to explain I’m just a water dog.it wouldn’t matter which boat I was on as long as it has a sail . And maybe some fishing gear. I guess I would have to say it’s my persona I love within myself. I even sail when the suns bearing down and over 100 degrees. .. I wear all white but thin clothes and get the whole lake to myself!

The second part of it I also love to swim. Anchoring and putting a safety vest and just treading water vigorously until exhausted. That’s makes for some of the best sleep IMO . Ribs and beer, swimming till exhausted, and then sleeping while the waves rock me around the clock. Such a nice place to go and just sleep. Looking toward to making fasting apart of the long summer naps to end my work weeks. It may be a need to adjust as going to lake used to start with a trip to grocery so I would have a stocked cooler so once I get on the water, there no need to return until time to work again . I’ll have to keep only thing that so healthy on the boat that it may be more beneficial to eat those foods than to fast, that way , either way! Its all good! But the grilled brats , I’ll leave out of life. I know if allow those foods back even once then I’ll crave them there after. Making the point that I’ve switched to only healthy super foods, even though I don’t demonize any foods, I don’t seem to run out of health foods? Or to put another way. If I had both plates of healthy and unhealthy on both plates and I could eat as much as I like with no rules. I’ve discovered I can not only survive , but thrive eating from the healthy foods exclusively. I didn’t expect that!
    However I avoid the processed meats nowadays .gearing my menu to healthy proteins and fats, and social foods more from seafood menu.

Lol feel asleep while writing this , so now it’s only 40 minutes till I can break the 27 hour fast.
    Since it’s the end of the first 2 week planned break of the year. Ill need to weigh in.
    Wishing everyone the best! Keep on Keepin on!

IF Starting Weight: 274lbs 3-4-2013. Goal of 25lb per year.
    IF Restart Weight: 247lbs 3-7-2014.Β  27lbs lost!
    IF weigh in 3-28-2015 207lbs. ~67lbs~ lost so far!
    4:3 for 10 weeks, and then 2 week planned break observing TDEE.
    No drugs,alcohol,cigarettes. Only healthy food choices.
    For exercise I walk at least 70,000 steps per week sprinting amap, jumprope for ten minutes ten times a week., and lift weights -compound lifting 8 sessions per week only on feed days.
    Fasts are sleeping and tea only fasts for 27hours or 600 calories over 36hrs.

I love when Nicky addresses everyone! So I will remember each one of you… You know who you are πŸ™‚
    I only fasted once this week. It’s been very hectic with overseas guest and one of the reasons I put extra pounds. It’s important that I don’t think I am on vacation and eat what they eat and all the time.
    Monday and Thursday I am back on business and at leat for my birthday I am lighter then three weeks ago.
    Enjoy you weekend πŸ™‚
    HCB

Evening/afternoon all.

I was laughing at all the colloidal oatmeal talk, thinking Bay had put everyone onto some magical internal cure (as in high fibre, or even as an enema!), until the name Aveeno was mentioned! Then I looked at the tube of Aveeno cream I was given a few years ago and read the label properly – “colloidal oatmeal” right on the front of the tube! I must start using it more regularly, hopefully wont need an iron then for the wrinkles!

We spent a lovely day at the Melbourne Zoo today, weather cool but sunny. It was fascinating, but I couldnt help feeling sorry for all the amazing creatures locked up in there. Hopefully most of them have been born in captivity and know nothing else, but I am sure some of them looked sad. We did get a look at the two week old baby Silver Back Gorilla, tightly held in mum’s arms – very ugly but also very cute!

Sorry to report my weight unchanged this week. I can only blame the anti inflammatories for the neck, if so its only water weight so should come off quickly. I feel I have fasted well, so trying not to be too frustrated. At least my neck is much better, so off the drugs! Planning to make some soup in the next few days as the weather has cooled so much, the challenge will be to eat it without a crusty roll.

In Victoria we refer to slices of potato, dipped in batter and deep fried, as Potato Cakes! So weird that it varies from State to State, yet NSW and SA are the same… I had never tried one until a few years ago, then realized what all the fuss was about, yum! And battered chips??? Never seen them. My son loves battered saveloys – how sickening does that sound? But banana fritters or deep fried ice-cream (both in batter), now thats a dessert worth ordering. I feel like I have put on weight just talking about all this grease.

Jojo I hope your performance at Wembly was a big success – I am sure you have enjoyed yourself today! I am trying to think of something yummy and healthy for the party, hard with so many good cooks on this thread.

Healthcoach I hope your birthday was lovely.

SAMM it is so good to hear your wife is travelling well at present, I hope it continues. Its lovely to hear your talk (and obvious excitement) about your approaching sailing season. You obviously love it. What a relief after your long winter. How fortunate your friends are to be able to sail with you. Isnt it interesting that fasting takes more discipline for you than exercise. I am the exact opposite. Fasting is ok but exercise takes a lot of willpower for me to get started. Obviously not enough practice yet!

Cheers all x

Wow SAMM, 67lbs!! Wow, wow, wow!

SAMM, 67lbs is amazing, well done Smiley
    Good to hear that your wife is doing well at the moment, I hope it continues.

Jojo, they sell Aveeno in Boots and it is on special offer at the moment.

Nama, I’m sure you’ve lost fat, but it hasn’t shown on the scales yet.It’ll show next week πŸ™‚

My weight loss has slowed down, and I am only seeing a difference on the scales every other week.
    I’ve lost 10lbs this year and it has all come from my waist and I’m now on the the tightest hole on the belt and have another set of downwards sliding trousers!

Hi Everone!!! I love reading what you posted. I need to write earlier in the day, because at night I am exhausted and it is difficult to compose. Way to go SAMM and everyone else who leaves detail. I completed my 6th fast day yesterday and I am down 2.8 pounds. I am so excited!!!

Hi Jojo, Nicky, Nama, Amazon and Graham

I have used Aveeno colloidal oatmeal skin cream by the pump pack since my sisters dermatologist recommended it to her. It is fabulous for giving back a lovely soft plump feel to the skin, and I now wear shirts with only tiny caps on the sleeves. I buy the pump pack of skin cream, as I slather it on to my legs and arms after each shower. It keeps on working for 24 hours.

Living through the 40th sugar free day, πŸ™„ we had friends to dinner last night. Salmon baked with macadamia Dukkah, fennel, homemade salsa, spinach, Kipfler potatoes. Others had caramelised bananas with icecream, blueberries and strawberries, and amaretto biscuits. I had berries and cream. That’s my weekly treat.

Cheers, all. Bay πŸ™‚

Nicky, I love it when you and RT address us all, however, I’m watching the final of the World Cup cricket.

Barata, May the best team win. πŸ˜‰

Wow, Samm. Well done on the 67 lbs. Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Nama

Pubs and cafes around Melbourne sell beer battered fish and chips. The chips do not have the thick batter you may think. They are my preferred way of eating fish n chips, as the batter is so light.

There is more than one type of colloidal oatmeal cream made by Aveeno. I also like the one with lavender in it.
    Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

PS. I think Queenslanders also call potato cakes scallops.

Hi everyone, also watching the cricket.

Bay, I cheat to address everyone – I have a Word file to which I add names whenever I come across a new adherent (helps to remember everyone) and then copy it to my post when I’m doing it ‘properly’, as opposed to just popping in, as now.

I haven’t come across the lavender version but love the way my skin feels with the unscented Aveeno one in the green-labelled pump pack.

2.57pm and OH is just making a cuppa. Time to go as another NZ wicket falls – sorry Barata and Wiwi.

I’m going to spend the rest of this innings sewing my grand-daughter’s new jumper in front of cricket on TV.

Happy Sunday all. n xxx

I love the way you address everyone too Nicky, saving to Word is a top tip. I must ask in our farmacia about the collodial oatmeal, they might have it. And I have lavender essential oil that I usually add when I moisturise my skin.

This is one of those times when only a biscuit will do. It is 6.30am here. Only us could agree to take a friend to Alicante airport at 4am on the day the clocks go back. We had to get up at 3.30 (2.30am in old money!!) It is an hour each way so we got home at 6am, it didn’t seem worth going back to bed to me. My OH can sleep anywhere and at any time. Not me. I have been sat here with my coffee and a biscuit reading all your lovely posts.

We also had scallops in Manchester. The potato ones, I didn’t know any other existed till recently. We also used to get a free bag of scratchings in our chippy. Little bits of batter, yummy, no wonder I got fat.

Lots of people are coming out for Easter so there will be mucho socialising. I hope I don’t get led astray. Everything in moderation.

Have a lovely Sunday
    x

Hi Nicky

OH wanted to play 9 holes of golf. So we went at 3.30 pm and we’re just back. He’s put an app on his phone and we walked 6,500 steps during the 9 holes. Sorry Barata and Wiwi but it doesn’t look good.

Cheers, Bay

This 5:2 way of life has a lot going for it. I am the worlds worst housewife, but because of fasting, I wash the floors regularly, and today I cleaned out the kitchen drawers and cupboards. It’s a miracle πŸ˜‰

Bay πŸ™‚

Hi everyone, well today I tried on a pair of fitted trousers (Basque City) that 6 and 12 months plus ago I could not even get into let alone do them up. Today not only could I easily get into them and do them up they were LOOSE!!!! Size 16!!!!!! So looks like I’m going to have to start trying on my size 14’s in them for dress pants as they are just so uncomfortable around the legs/bottom area where before I used to fill them too much soooooo happy πŸ˜€ πŸ˜† πŸ˜€ πŸ˜†

Have an awesome day/night everyone from here in happy happy land down under πŸ˜€

AO awesome work loving the virtual visual
    cue kc and the sunshine band
    do a little dance
    make a little love
    get down tonight
    get down tonight
    πŸ˜‰

Good Morning Fast Trackers,

Well done everyone on their loses and postings, lots to amuse and interest. I researched the collotoid oatmeal whilst on my trip yesterday. You can make your own in a mixer, just whizz up porridge oats to a fine powder and put powder in your bath. Really good for skin conditions. But I think I will buy some cream because I tend to shower. Thanks for the tip guys. My dear friend who travelled with me yesterday has long term mouth thrush, it is ruining her life, food choice wise, she has give up bread and gluten but this has not cleared it up. Any ideas? She is a former nurse but has tried everything she knows.

Yesterday was so exciting but very long and tiring. The traffic back through London was horrendous. Game ended about 5 pm but 45 mins to get last person back to the coach, the one hour to get out of Wembly Area. Then 3 hour trip home for me by coach and car. How do people do this regularly? Crazy a whole day gone. I can’t say that the Rugby thrilled me, although the home team won fairly easily. I supported the Saracens for the day, flag waving and all. Audience broke a new record for a home game of 84,400 attendees.

Sadly one of our choir was injured by a rugby ball during our practise session. Bit much that the players did not take due care during their practise time. She was attended by a medic but will go home with a black eye and whiplash injury. I don’t think the organisers should have put choralists behind the goal area, too risky.

The crowd enjoyed Pixie Lott and the three songs we sung. Budapest, Vida la viva sung around the pitch and Rather Be sung from our seats (Flashmob Style). Seriously two flash mobs in one week, I think I can cross that one off my bucket list. I can also cross off doing a Mexican wave, ours did six circuits before dying. It was perfect timing because we were just getting a little chilly.

I had my picnic salmon salad for dinner in the end because a friend persuaded me to go to Wagamamas for lunch. Coconut and lemongrass chicken noodles( Itame) delicious and healthy. I also had Jasmine flower tea( whole flower head put in the cup) yum. I ate two boiled eggs for breakfast so quite a lot of food for one day for me. Ooops I forgot snacks of one apple, one orange, one bag of crisps and four mini chocolate eggs. It seems Sports events and coach travel are synoninous with eating and drinking. Goodness knows how many calories that lot adds up to but I suspect it is too many. I will fast today to compensate.

No more performances planned just holidays to contend with now and hopefully some sun, running and gardening. Please let there be some warmth. I really think I will fade away if I don’t get some rays soon.

Cooking cakes today for my daughters class, Easter forms, rabbits and eggs, simple sponges but effective. Not adding icing or decoration and cutting sugar. Got to think if their future I will add natural alternatives. Most of the children are from deprived backgrounds so home cooking is not something they experience. They loved the honey cake I made them a while ago. How sad it is they will never know the joy of coming home from school every night to the smell of home cooked dinners. I now really appreciate my own childhood, home grown and home cooked food.

The recipes for our party look good. We seem to be lacking deserts though. Is the calorie count causing problems? Come on Ply I am relying on you.

I guess Aussies/ Kiwis/Americans will need a different kick off party time on 26 th April to us Europeans, I can’t really do three courses for breakfast ha ha. Maybe some of you might like to try it?

I am not weighing in because I am still on pain killers, I will give them a week to get out of my system, I know how these effect my weight.

Off for a coastal walk now, grey day or not I need some exercise after yesterday. Have a great day everyone, keep doing that housework to shift the pounds. I know my house would appreciate a thorough spring clean.

Samm – I am going to try to try self hypnosis along the lines we were discussing. It’s worth a try. I have now switched eating window to breakfast 8 am and lunch at 1 pm except for special occasions, it’s working quite well. If not out in the evening now .i retire to bed with a good book. This is helping me avoid the TV munching temptation. I always associate watching TV with snacking but not reading. It’s all mind games for me now, trick those habits out of my way of life.

Hi,
    Regarding the oral thrush, has she tried eating natural yoghurt? I understand that reducing the sugar in the diet is very effective-both hidden and obvious sugars.

Annette,
    Thank you for your quick response. Yes she has cut sugar and eats natural yogurt.

Samm
    Self hypnosis statements – there are lots of tips on line to induce self hypnotic state

I can eat healthy foods now, because they taste so much better”
    “I feel more confident when I am on my healthy eating plan”
    “I will no longer eat (insert your problem area foods here) because they simply don’t taste nice to me, instead I will eat healthy fresh foods because they taste wonderful and are good for me”
    “I look at myself in the mirror and I am proud of my achievements”
    “I am becoming so much happier as my weight easily reduces”

Wow Jojo – you certainly pack your days full. I’m still coming to terms with empty nest after my two girls moved away to University. I miss them terribly but also know this is a lovely opportunity to do lots of lovely things. I just seem to be stuck in a rut of filling the time with work.

Apart from my beloved yoga – my Friday night oasis of calm and making me feel good.

Have hovered between 11 and 13 pounds down for a couple of week so hoping this week might see a little shift. That elusive stone is still a huge motivation. I have just bought a new pair of jeans in a size 12 which feels great as 7 weeks ago my 14s were tight and uncomfortable.

Clocks changed last night and enjoying being able to get out for a walk. Would love a dog but not practical when I work away so much.

Interested in the oatmeal recommendations. I’m a huge fan of coconut oil. I’ve seen it mentioned loads on the forums. I’ve never eaten it but used it as a moisturise for years. No chemicals, perfumes etc.

Sunday mornings we get up early and go into town for a lovely coffee and croissant. My husband reads the Sunday papers and I catch up with emails and of course this thread. I don’t like to read the papers, I can’t bear bad news or conflict. Not looking forward to the election and all the political wrangling. I just like peace and quiet.

I usual skip lunch on a Sunday to compensate for the croissant. But will make a roast chicken dinner later.

My daughter whipped up some creme egg brownies yesterday – they looked very decadent. I’ll make some for the virtual party. Dread to think of the calorie count. I saw a lovely recipe for brownies at 37 calories each. I thought they may be full if artificial sweetener stuff but the recipe looked good – used stevia. I’ve never tried it before.

Still practising my mindful drinking. That sounds like it’s alcohol I’m trying to give up but it’s the equally addictive energy drinks, I’m bit by bit replacing with water. Getting there.

Still hula hooping – practice definitely helps, as does watching the tv. At first I was quickly bored but find if there is something worth watching on the tv then the minutes fly last. Sceptical about the calorie burn though. Websites claim big calorie burn by hula hooping but actually once you get the hang of it I find I’m hardly moving at all to keep the hoop spinning. My tummy feels tighter though so mush be doing some good.

Have a super Sunday and keep sharing your hobbies and interests – I need some new ones.

CW

CW,
    Trust me the hula hooping really works, my waist is down 12 inches now.

Get a bigger hoop if possible, more of a challenge, mine is huge, barely fits in my lounge. Ha ha

Where are you from I have forgotten, you haven’t put added anything to your profile?

I used to be a workaholic and now am a leisureholic, please join at least one club that interests you. I live on my own so socialise a lot for company. It makes life interesting. Try a Yoga retreat, I have done some amazing ones in different countries. The people are always simpatico.

Glad to find someone who also thinks hula hopping works Jojo. Mine is huge and quite heavy too. Got covered in bruises the first time I used it but once they went it’s no problem.

Interesting that you say about the yoga retreat. My yoga teacher runs one in Turkey and I’ve taken the days off work as would love to go, just haven’t plucked up the courage to put my name down yet. Guilty mother syndrome. I talk myself in and out of it on a daily basis.

Would love to join a book club too as love to read, I know there are a couple in this thread who do too. But bit shy to go on my own.

CW

good morning everyone from a wet and cold Scotland . Just off to get dad shortly .

Well done all of you on the weight loss and the smaller trousers , This is the best WOL in the world ..

Jojo 2 things I know that will work for your friend Guaranteed , I have tested and tried both .. Raw onion chewed , Not nice for friends but works . Coconut oil swilled round mouth before you swallow . I use coconut oil for so many different things .

When my son told me to chew raw onion or raw garlic I though ” rubbish” But I promise you it works BUT the coconut oil is better if you don’t live on your own as it doesn’t make your breath stink πŸ™‚ .

Wee xx

Jojo, Re puddings for the party. Tomasina Miers has a nice recipe for pineapple sliced thin, with red chilli, a little sugar, lime juice, and basil. Nice by itself, but we could add a dollop of natural yoghurt or creme fraiche if needbe. I haven’t worked out calories, but I can’t believe it would be that many.

I’m sorry your friend got hurt yesterday, but I’m afraid your comment that the rugby players should have been more careful during practice made me laugh! Spoken like a true non sports fan πŸ™‚

Afternoon all and hi to any SH night owls πŸ˜‰

As an unbiased outsider, it was NID that Austalia would win as they are the best team at the moment. Hard luck Kiwis, but at least you got to the final.

I slept through most of the morning so decided to stick in a FD today. I’m having a a small piece of steak with sweet potato oven fries and salad for dinner πŸ™‚

I was going to suggest probiotic natural yoghurt and/or acidophilus capsules for your friend Jojo. It will increase the healthy bacteria in the digestive tract which starts in the mouth, and they will be able to fight the thrush bugs. Raw onion sounds radical but I bet it works. When we were children, if we had a throat infection Mum used to steep raw sliced onion in water with some brown sugar sprinkled on and give us the resulting liquid as medicine. I’m sure we stank but it was very effective.

Your day at Wembley sounds interesting. London traffic is heavy 24/7 these days so I’m not surprised that the journey home took ages.

I’ve got a great recipe for dessert that isn’t too fattening.
    Sliced strawberries or any other berries, with a sprinkling of fruit flavoured liquer in a small ramekin, covered with a layer of mascarpone and a small amount of sugar, then put under the grill. The sugar melts and becomes crisp (you only need a tsp) and the mascarpone and fruit get hot and partially cooked. They are eaten hot and are simple and delicious, and you can use as much/little fruit/liquer/mascarpone/sugar as you wish.

That’s two desserts I’ve offered. I’m not sure which one I’ll be having….

Well done to everyone who has lost weight/got into smaller clothes.
    Wearing size 12 trousers is in sight for me too πŸ˜›

Happy,

I think that pineapple deserves a dollop of rum flavoured cream πŸ˜‰

Ok JOJO
    I’ll pour some attention into the suggestion subject.
    I know it can help with breaking habits most effectively.
    Additionally, I read in the past five years somewhere that there are certain precursor foods for I believe serotonin . Not the serotonin it’self. Having those precursor chemistry helps to form new habits.
    I’m very groggy just waking up. But the two synergies suggestion and serotonin.
    So when trying to have a change in diet, it can be a very difficult change to accomplish. More than simply stop eating poor food choices and start eating healthy food choices.

1 stop eating food based on salt, sugar, vinegar, or msg content.
    2 review the list of healthy food choices that you already enjoy.
    3 realize that it can take up to 30 attempts to eat food you don’t enjoy , before you may aquire a good feeling for eating it.
    4 focus on those super healthy foods , while having the serotonin precursor foods in the system.
    5 try out the suggestion approach in conjunction.

Of course this is just a guess on my part, but I didn’t make it up either.

Foods I didn’t used to eat regularly , but do now.
    Walnuts, tuna, Gouda cheese, broccoli sprouts, carrots, green tea.
    I basically changed my diet so that I choose an anti cancer food with every meal.
    Over time those became dominate in my diet.
    One thing I simply happened upon, was there are a few foods I just don’t like. I know how good for they are but I just don’t like it. After I started with the 27 hour tea and sleep fasts. Im so hungry I’ll eat just about anything.

About the thrush, Just guessing, that a combination of pre and probiotics, also eating much citrus, but not only that. Boosting the immune system with every meal. Like I eat anti cancer foods with every meal, the same way for boosting the immune system. There’s a limit to how much vitamin c we can retain in our digestive tract, before the response to expel it. Fasting , then doing the vitamin c threshold experiment. To know how much much vitamin c we as individuals can keep. So that we at the high limit Of how much vitamin c we can keep. Long term.
    But I’m just guessing.

Hi all. I made the mistake of buying a large heavy weighted hula hoop, thinking because I’m a man I need the heaviest possible. Spent a couple of days really bruising my ankles before giving up on it. Then bought a 90cm non weighted one and I can keep it up for a couple of minutes if I concentrate really hard. Found a beginners hula hoop lesson on YouTube which I found very useful and keep checking to stop myself developing bad habits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0visc3p6uAA

I’ve been trying to join a book club but not only are they all full, there is usually a waiting list. Perhaps someone should start a book club thread on here and we can take it in turns to suggest a book for us all to read, one a week maybe.

Hoop definitely takes practice but after a week I was able to keep it spinning for ages without really concentrating. I also alternative the direction and anti clockwise was a bit trickier at first but getting the hang of it.

A new book club for this forum is a marvellous idea – always looking for good recommendations but also would be nice to discuss with people on here too.

I’m reading The Three at the minute. It got a good write up in the bookstore, but I’m not enjoying it. Particularly in light of the plane crash last week. I very rarely give up on a book but I might do with this one.

I love reading but the idea of a book club does nothing for me. IMO the need/yearning to read should be spontaneous, and I can’t think of anything worse than having to read a book by a certain time in order to discuss it as that would take all the joy out of it for me. I am also very happy to read a book and enjoy the story by taking it at face value. If I perceive a deeper meaning then that is fine too, but I don’t feel short changed if I don’t or if I don’t enjoy a book. We can’t like them all.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there are already on line book clubs in existence, but not on diet websites πŸ˜‰

I used to use a hula hoop when I was a child, and I’ve done virtual hula hoop with the aid of Wii Fit, but I had to stop due to my SIJ problem. One of these days I’ll dust off the Wii and try it again πŸ™‚

Hi All,
    Yes happy to have a book club association especially as I have just left mine in favour of attending Rock Choir for an extra session. If we select the order by date you joined this forum and interest in being involved. I will start the ball rolling on our birthday on 26 th April. Each member will have free choice over title and genre, fiction and non fiction suggestions please. I will probably choose science fiction. People can pick or choose what read by the write up introduction. I suggest one month reading window.

FG and CW – Hula hooping is an acquired skill but becomes effortless. I assure you that even though it feels easy it is burning those calories. I was hopeless(eventually) when I started but now I can keep it going indefinitely. I find that the stance is essential one foot stepped forward and arms held above elbow height but not as high as shoulder height. I have one friend at weights class that swivels little hoops round her wrists at the same time as she hula hoops but I think she is just a show off( in other words of course I have tried it and was hopeless).

It’s the key to getting fit and healthy to try a variety of low key exercises with a few stamina activities per week. Don’t forget to keep the brain active too – quizzes, crosswords, Suduko, reading, writing, playing games or cards.

Cakes for my daughters class made now so I need to plan some soup for next weeks fast.

Thanks for your suggestions, I have passed them on and she has promised to try them. Strangely enough she has had coconut cravings so I guess her body already knew.

” but I think she is just a show off( in other words of course I have tried it and was hopeless).” Smiley

Something I would like to try that I would imagine is really hard work is belly dancing. A friend of mine attended classes for a couple of years and absolutely loved it!
    Another addition to the ever lengthening bucket list!

Count me in for the book club idea Jojo , even if we need to take it outside this thread. No doubt we will all like different genres but a good book is a good book and by trying other peoples suggestions it opens the mind.

Spent most of the afternoon ironing. I was in a bad temper and that’s when I usually get the most housework done.

I have chocolate cupcakes that I made yesterday for my neighbour who’s just had a baby girl, I’ve resisted the spare ones though.

CW

CW, I’ve taken a leaf out of Bay’s book and do housework when I’m fasting. I loathe ironing most of all, and have succeeded in doing a huge pile of it today.

Is there such a thing as spare cake…………………. πŸ˜‰
    It’s a good thing I’m not at your house as I’m feeling hungry now and a chocolate cupcake might be too tempting to resist. I guess I should get in the kitchen and cook my dinner.

Hi Amazon,
    The thing about belly dancing is that a little roundness in that area is considered attractive. I should be very, very attractive then. Ha ha. If you sign up so will I ! Researching classes now.

My daughter assures me there is no need to ever do ironing. She washes and tumbles clothes and folds or hangs them whilst warm. She does not even own an iron. You do need to choose fabrics carefully, no linen or silks.

Have you tired sitting on a bouncy ball whilst ironing and watching the Historical drama boxed set. Makes time pass and burns calories as you bounce about. Better with a comfy folded towel on top.

The only way I can tolerate ironing is by watching something combabtitive on TV eg rugby. I don’t think bouncing is a good idea or my legendary clumsiness would ensure that I would be covered in burns!

I would enjoy being turned down for belly dancing on the grounds of a too flat stomach πŸ˜›

Sorry Amazon, no local belly dancing, only pole dancing. Sorry but I don’t think that is really my scene or age and back appropriate. Can do line dancing, tap, Bollywood, Latin or jive. Already doing ballroom but might consider returning to tap. At least I have the gear as I took classes in my 30’s.

Jojo, are you going to run the book club on this thread or start a new thread? I would think that a new thread would be better as it will not get confused with the ‘lose 2lb a week’ part and eventually get forgotten about. Perhaps you could repost the first part of your 2.08pm post as the first post in the new thread.

According to my tracker I joined on January 30th (or at least I set up the tracker on that date). Does that mean I can’t choose a book until January 30th 2016?

FD has flown by today, not getting up until after 11 helped!
    I had rump steak, jacket potato and salad for dinner which was very filling.
    It hasn’t really felt like a FD.

I’m looking forward to the gym tomorrow after not being able to go out walking this weekend. I don’t mind walking in wet weather but the strong wind would have made it hellish πŸ™

Hello all. Definitely some congratulations to go out OA, Nicky, Amazon and anyone else I may have missed. Have fun in Rome Wiwi – Rome and a new grandchild! CW, this is my 5th week I think, and my whole week was full of wobbly days. Happy to report that I did manage to lose 6 ounces though, in spite of all my train wreck days this week.

This weekend I have been sorely tested. The merchant’s association set up a 3 block long sugaring off party. Good Quebecois that I am, I LOVE maple syrup and all things covered in maple syrup. I did manage to walk the gauntlet both days without caving.

In Montreal there is no battered fish and chips to test my resolve. Instead we have poutine, which is basically a heart attack on a plate – French Fries (the chip part of fish and chips) melted cheese curds and gravy. There are many specialty poutine restaurants around, so you take the base I just described and add smoked meat, sausage or whatever else you fancy takes you. Oh, this is making me crave poutine as I type.

With all the encouragement from here, I have taken the plunge and joined a gym. My first meeting with a trainer is Thursday. Also a small yoga studio has opened just at the end of my street and I have signed up for a trial month there as well. Did my first class today – I have a long road ahead of me to gain the flexibility that I am hoping for, but I loved it. Be well all, stay happy, healthy and resolved.

DJ,
    Well Done girl, you will not regret starting exercise classes, but don’t over do it, I frequently do and end up resting to repair muscles.

Ref Reading Group club, I won’t start another thread. It will only be one day per month that we discuss the book we have read. I won’t have time to check into two threads. I doubt there will be more than six people interested in joining it initially, so the latest thread joiner will only need to wait six months. if interested please tell me. I am sure many of our posters are already in reading groups and will not want to join another one.

Goodnight Fast Trackers and well done losers

Hi jojo and everyone else,
    I would like to be part of the book club. I am also going to start hula hooping. I already have a small one, going to buy a bigger one. I was doing zumba but that ended last Monday, maybe yoga on Thursdays.

I have lost over 30 pounds in 2 months just by using this cook book i bought from this site ..http://www.metaboliccooking.com/welcome/index.php?hop=keondra24

Bay, I agree the best team won the cricket. No shame in coming second, though, just a pity the team had an off-day and didn’t make more of a competition of it. Your bowlers are so good!

I’ve just been picking salad greens for FD dinner, and there is a definite autumnal feel in the air. Winter is coming – now where have I heard that before? πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 8,401 through 8,450 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.