Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,451 through 6,500 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi Izzy,
    The average weight loss for women on 5:2 is 1lb per week. It takes a deficit of 3,700 calories to lose 1lb in weight. Two FDs per week would be a deficit of 3,000 calories for the average woman, so as you can see, it is not a quick fix but a slow and steady way of losing weight. The health benefits and the fact that it seems to help us change our eating habits forever is what makes it such a great WOE.
    Some weigh every day, but I am firmly in the no more than once per week camp as weight can fluctuate so much depending on if it is a FD or not, what you’ve eaten etc. I weigh the morning after a FD and then keep away from the scales. The daily weighers like to follow the ups and downs, and think about what they’ve eaten if there is a rise etc. but I would lose heart doing that and find weekly weigh in much easier.
    Don’t panic, 1.8kg is a good start.

Thanks Amazon … Think I am going to go with a weekly weigh in too as I can’t face analyising it all on a daily basis, too stressful. Feels great though and it really does work well, my fridge is full of much healthier stuff and it fits round family life…Cheers everyone for all your tips

Amazon, no you are not sooooooooooHungry at all. You are just “Comfortably Empty”.
    Good luck to you all out there.

I was definitely hungry as this is the second day of B2B fasting in my get back on the wagon strategy. I’ve had my single FD meal now and I feel much better ๐Ÿ˜›

Hi All,
    I’m just checking in briefly before I have to go out. I’m on my 6th Fast Day (beginning of week 3), I weighed at the end of last week and it shows I’ve lost 5lb (yey!). Although I weighed today and I’m up a couple of pounds but I’m taking the advice from one of you long timers and I’m taking the lowest weight recorded for that week.
    You are all such inspiration as I read all of your posts on my phone (but I have to log onto the laptop to reply).
    I am determined for this to be a WOL as opposed to a diet and want to last well past the usual new year Fad! I’m going to perfect the 5:2 fast over the next 6 weeks or so and if I loose weight then all the better but I just want to get to grips with the fasting before I start to limit calorie intake on non fast days and ramp up my exercise.
    Good luck to everyone this week and although I don’t write regularly I’m reading all of your lovely posts.

Evening all .

Smartsmart yes we can eat what we want but not as much as we want . That’s what got us here in the first place ..

‘Sorry I am late with this but here are my stats

6 years ago I did Low carb and lost 4 pounds short of 5 stone (66 pounds). it got boring as there were so many things I craved and I gradually put 3 stone of it back on

July last year 2014 I heard about 5.2 and how it can keep Alzheimer’s at bay . So many of my family have had Alzheimers . Lost my Mam to it 6 years ago and my dad has it and will be 97 in 2 weeks time .

So in July I started and have lots when weighed today 3 stone 1 pound (43 pounds )

So I am now into unknown territory and I am lighter than I have been for about 22/23 years .

3 pounds to go and I will have at last lost my 5 stone

I hope that made sense . I have always been so upset that I was 4 pound off the 5 stone loss .Only 3 pounds to go.

Wee xx

Ps I forgot to say . I thought I had stalled but yesterday I had a full fast except for a sugar free jelly and yehhhhhh!! I had lost 1 pound .

Wee xx

Hi Wee,

Well done ๐Ÿ˜›

I didn’t weigh myself last week as it was all such a struggle, but I’m doing much better so far this week and am hoping for a good result on Saturday morning.

Hiya pal . Happy Birthday for tomorrow . I hope you are spoiled rotten ๐Ÿ™‚ .

Wee xx

Hi Fast Tracking EFBโ€™s
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) ๐Ÿ˜†
    HappyN I like the reference you made of being and feeling leaner and sharper after a week without processed foods and alcohol. I have this sensation the next day after a good fasting day I have to say now Iโ€™m not going to say tight trim and toned just yet but getting there slowly a work in progress for sure ๐Ÿ™„ even after what I would call a few beers stubbies that is say 2-3 the next day I have a belly which is a down size from the barrel gut or veranda over the toy shop but very noticeable to me I may have to ditch the beer NOOOOOO heaven forbid ๐Ÿ˜ฅ I also found common thoughts with Bay in that she preferred fast days to other days likewise for me too I am going to switch up to EOD for a week or 2 I am mixing and matching borrowed from Dr Krista Vardy the reality is only 1 more fast day in fortnight so really no major change. Welcome aboard the fast tracking train Smartmart and now there are 3 wise men ๐Ÿ˜† keep on keeping on fast trackers.
    Peace RT

Three wise men……….. Smiley

Good evening Fasttrackers,
    Firstly, sincere apologies for the sex change Smartsmart. Most posters here are female, made an assumption. Strangely enough I did think about it when I pressed submit, lightbulb moment. I do have strange powers, it freaks my family, I always ring them when there is a crisis going on, before they have a chance to tell me. I am also a very good judge of character, as a rule. My Aunt used to read teacups so it must be in the genes ha ha( she was often correct even giving very detailed information) curious isn ‘t, just a good guesser probably. It may well be that she hallucinated by drinking far too much tea.

Well I have had a great day today, stuck to my fast, green tea and two apples, lots of water. Tonight I had a tin of pilchards then chilli veg stir fry with zero noodles. Yum

Both my gym classes had replacement teachers today so I got a real work out. Instead of ballroom fitness I had disco fitness, bloody energetic. Night Fever re- lived. Remember those black satin trousers of Olivier Newton Johns. I plan to wear a pair just like it this summer, a 70’s party.

My yoga class was a Thai chi come Pilates combo. Really intense.

My dog walk in the park was pure pleasure after all that torture.

Off to badminton soon, ready for action.

Bowls tomorrow, a new class later, then running in the evening. May squeeze some gym in too plus dog walk of course.

Am I tired, not one jot.

I could really do with finding an active man for company. The ones I meet seen to go to bed at 10 pm(to sleep) and they want to watch TV in the evenings. Guess I will just have to keep on hoping.

Many Happy Returns for tomorrow Amazon. Hope you are not feeling your age, I am certainly not.

Thanks Jojo,

I feel better than I’ve felt for about thirty years, and I’m certainly fitter, so no I’m not feeling my age, and I have no intention of acting it ๐Ÿ˜‰

‘Evening all

Well. I can thoroughly recommend the ‘rice’. Smothered in my low cal turkey chilli and served with roasted Spiralized butternut squash, it was absolutely delish.

Hi Smartmart. I echo everyone else – great to have another man with us.

Izzy – like Amazon, I’m a firm believer in only weighing once a week. Weight fluctuates on a daily basis, particularly if you have a non-fast day when you have eaten a fairly high proportion of carbs – it causes temporary fluid retention which will show on the scales. It will disappear in a day or so, but I, too, can’t stand the stress!

Jojo – a great active day! I love ’70s disco dancing. Can’t wait to see a picture of you in those black satin trousers in due course! Like you and Amazon, I feel incredibly well. This WOL has so many benefits.

Weemam – what a fantastic achievement. Hubby’s jeans will be too big very soon.

Trying not to think about food. I was fine all day – skipped breakfast and lunch as I didn’t feel hungry, but since my meal this evening, I can’t stop wanting to eat!

OH is watching Top Gear, which doesn’t interest me one jot, so I’m going to absorb myself in Candycrush until something better comes on.

Have a good evening/morning all.

Smiffy x

Happy Birthday Amazon (after all it IS Tuesday here now) so you can start celebrating in our time and continue through for yours ๐Ÿ˜†

Jojo what a great workout for you.

Wee good to hear from you ๐Ÿ™‚

Just a quick howdy from me today as so much to do before getting to work this morning. Will try to catch up through the day otherwise tonight when I’m home.

Happy Birthday Amazon!

from sunny Wellington

Ply, congratulations on the all time low. I hope the blizzard isn’t as bad as is forecast, but I would be grateful if you would please not send it our way when you are done with it?!

Jojo, you do know Olivia N-J was sewn into those trousers?! You may need to rethink your liquid consumption if you’re planning on wearing them in public ๐Ÿ™‚

Amazon, my carb binge left me feeling bloated and sluggish today, so I took the opportunity of not feeling hungry to fast today. I was, like you, feeling pleasantly empty mid afternoon!

Happy Now, I did not know she was sewn into those trousers. I think fabrics have moved on a bit since then, I am sure I will be able to get a Lycra look alike. You know me, once a plan is made I am on it.

Badminton was painful but I managed a few games.

Snacked out on some almonds tonight but not too worried about them, could be worse. Avoided the biscuits at badminton, I took an apple instead. I try to carry fruit permanently now, it does help when temptation or hunger attacks you.

Ply- how is it going with the snow? We have been snow free this winter and I hope it stays that way. But I am sure the children will enjoy it, snowman making and snowball fights, what fun.

Just to think I have been swimming in an outside pool this last few days, I don’t mind a bit of cold air.

Wintry showers only here.

Looking to be an historic storm, two feet plus, with blizzard-winds, flooding, power outages and all! Airport, public transportation closing tomorrow, and only essential personnel being allowed on roads. Ready to hunker down for a couple of days!

Good grief! Stuck on a train for another 30 minutes and the boys next to me are eating McDonald’s and I’M FASTING! !! GRRRRRR…P

Sorry to hear about the appalling weather on east coast US, Ply. We are experiencing unusual tropical rainfall (flooding) and we aren’t in the tropics! P

New definition of torture, Purple!

Hi all,

Just home from a lovely swim. Very slowly increasing the number of laps, very enjoyable and invigorating. But boy the appetite is really big after exercise! Had breakfast but could still eat a horse. Will have to make do with strawberries!

My weight is the same this week, bit disappointed but makes me more determined. Obviously I have over indulged over the long weekend, so back in the saddle today with renewed focus.

Ply I hope your weather is not as bad as predicted. They must be expecting it to be though if it’s on our news in Aus! Keep safe.

Beautiful 23 predicted in Melbourne for the rest of the week, the tennis players got lucky.
    Amazon I will be watching Andy and Nick with interest tonight. Hope the good guys win!

Cheers x

Good morning fast-trackers.

As I’ve been off air for a while I’ll borrow RT’s ‘Hello world, you know who you are’. Welcome to new IF practitioners.

Have had a quick scan of the posts (been away for nearly a week with no Wi-Fi) and good to catch up. Well done on losses and focus everyone. Emel, so sorry to hear about your friend – the death of a child is something I wouldn’t wish even on an enemy.

Yesterday was the first anniversary of my adoption of the IF WOL. I thought I had lost 14.1kg (2.2 stones) but 3kg were apparently only mislaid, and I found them again while on Christmas/summer holidays. ๐Ÿ™ Still, they shouldn’t take long to get lost properly this time.

Today is my first day back at work and first FD since December, with nothing to eat since 7pm last night and only water and a cup of black tea now for nearly 16 hours. Planning to see how long I can go before succumbing – have miso soup sachets and Bovril in my desk drawer if I get shaky. Last year I usually ate a small breakfast (like Dr M) with nothing then until dinner but I said in an earlier post that I had decided this year to increase the ‘fasting window’ to help body repair systems to crank up. I was mildly concerned that hunger would strike earlier in the day with no breakfast, but so far so good.

One marvellous thing about this WOL is that I can contemplate resuming IF. On any of the other million or so eating plans I’ve tried, the 3kg gain or the 11kg loss would have been enough to derail me but today has been as easy as most other FDs last year.

Keep up the good work everyone and thank you all for your encouraging posts. N xx

PS: forgot to say ‘go Nick!’. I’m not as even handed as Nama ๐Ÿ˜‰

Welcome back to the fold Nicky (she says as she munches on forbidden food).
    The huge benefit of this wol IS the flexibility. Due to circumstances beyond my control (a sopping wet city trip, important documents getting wet, passing a fabulous German bakery) I have dumped today’s fast. Will still eat light tonight. No harm done ๐Ÿ™‚ P

Ply,
    Wow, that storm does look like a doosy, keep safe and warm indoors. Time to get to work on that dolls house project?

I have been doing some sewing this evening, working on a dressing up costume for my daughter to use on a ‘dress as a book character’ day. She has used all her other costumes before so I have been set to work.

She averages 90 hours work per week as a new teacher so doesn’t have time to do her own sewing. Mind you I tend to do my sons sewing too, good old mum. I refuse to do jeans though.

Non fast day tomorrow, but I still miss breakfast because I do 19/5 everyday. I would like to change to eat breakfast and lunch but not dinner but I get cranky. Has anyone perfected this? I may even be prepared to mess with me sleep hours. Normally I am a night owl though so could be difficult.

Happy Birthday Amazon, just noticed it has past 12 so I can be first Uk poster to wish you ‘Many Happy Returns’ (:-) 21 again ?

I’ll second the birthday wishes Amazon โ™กโ™ฅ Have a good one.
    Jojo, I get really cranky if I don’t eat in the evening. I’m staggered I could drop breakfast (I LOVE cooked breakfasts) but, as Happy pointed out, eat the breakfast food at some other time of day. Works for me (usually) ๐Ÿ˜‰ P

Wonderful work fellow fasters and there are so many great posts to catch up on. Emel, my sympathy to you and your friend on such a tragic loss.
    Happy birthday Amazon and congrats on the 5:2 anniversary Nicky.
    Jojo I’m sure I’m not the only one who gets vicariously exhausted reading your schedule of activity ๐Ÿ™‚ If I manage one good bout of exercise in a day I feel smug…you’re an inspiration, and loved reading your story of success Bay ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks for sharing it.
    And RT – love the madcap humour ๐Ÿ™‚ and glad your Sunday post was found but sorry there are no budding Nigella’s among the potential d-i-L’s. I ended up making the marmalade (delish), tomato relish (world’s best) and the passata (yummy) but I also stupidly tried to fast yesterday as per usual even though looking in my diary I’d earmarked Tues & Thursday as FD’s for this week. My partner invited people over for dinner and cooked fresh pasta to go with the sauce so FD went out the window – FD today and again Thursday. HappyNow – although I am not a great fan of Olivia’s, I’m looking forward to wearing trousers that DON”T look as though I was poured into them.
    Happy fasting friends.

We crossed posted Purple – I hope your frustrating day improves and I love reading about your flexible approach to fasting – has to fit in with those rain-soaked days, right? And Jojo – I’ve been thinking seriously about dropping breakfast too as I’ve never been a breakfast person (but ate it anyway). I need to eat in the evenings though or I can’t sleep and lack of sleep makes me not just cranky but potentially homicidal. Happy sewing ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi comespring. Glad I ate…stress just got worse. A bloke in our train carriage, the level below me, started screaming abuse at someone. I eventually moved up two carriages to avoid it. Thank goodness for German pastries!!! P

PVE, you have two storey trains? How bizarre?

Nama, I have to say that even when I was 5 stone heavier I was always very active, I simply have to be doing something physical. 25 years as as pre-school teacher helped drain some of my energy but now I have retired and lost weight I am simply bursting with energy. I rarely feel physically tired, perhaps after 6 hours in the fresh air and a serious walk? May need to try tennis this Spring, it’s the only sport I have never tried. Sadly my appetite also matches my energy levels plus I eat far too quickly.

As you can see I am writing this in the early hours because I am awake and need to do something. I have already made an unplanned omelette breakfast with a cuppa. Back to my book, it’s so boring it should send me to sleep.

Hi sleepless Jojo.
    They are called “double deckers”. like buses, except the ends of the carriages are single level. Very efficient. Eight carriages of double decker holds a lot of passengers.
    I’m also super active (and taught little folk…goes with the job, I guess).
    I have a new activity monitor and OH has my old one. I have always known he is more sedentary than me, but this proves it. I do 50% more steps theoretically doing the same thing. Pour a cup of coffee, he sits and waits for it to cool, I buzz around putting on/out washing/ making beds/ feeding the cat/ taking out the garbage/ unloading the dishwasher…. you get the picture. He swears blind that my monitor can’t be accurate!!!!! P

Good morning/evening all

Happy Birthday Amazon! Have a great day. Look forward to a belated celebration when Jojo and I meet up with you next month.

What a nuisance! For the first time I posted straight into here without putting it in a separate document and then copying and pasting, so I’ve lost the rest of my speal! No time to re- do at the moment so will have another go later.

Very frustrated Smiffy x

Morning all.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.
    I’m starting with tea and tennis, Andy will win abd I hope it is quick as I’ve got a few things I need to do before I go out at 12.

In case you haven’t already guessed, it’s not a FD for me today ๐Ÿ˜‰

Enjoy tea and tennis A. I’m upstairs avoiding the Asian Cup.
    SO frustrating losing your words of wisdom Smiffy.P

Hi Amazon,

Many Happy Returns! You don’t look a day over (insert favourite age here).

Good morning again, what a horrible night last night. Unable to sleep and the awful nightmares when I did get off. Glad to be up and about. Delayed bowls game in favour of a visit to the Doctor, really think an X-Ray is necessary now. Sneezed this morning and I was doubled up in pain for about 5 mins. May try to get another consultation about my hip problem too, kill two birds with one stone and all that.
    Great day you have planned Amazon, not fasting on your birthday though, shame on you( ha ha) may see some tennis myself today.

Ah well, dogs are ready for their preamble around the park. Chat later, tell you about my new gym class if Doctor agrees I can go! Really not sure about running tonight either.

Have a great day everyone

Forgot to tell you that I confirmed my borrowed scales are useless, no change last week but that is not a huge surprise, far too many meals out, lucky I didn’t gain.

Jojo,
    You won’t be sent for an xray to see if you have a broken rib as it doesn’t affect the treatment for your problem. You might be told to rest though…..

Rest? Jojo? I don’t think you know how to, do you? Perhaps considering the long term issues of not letting the ribs repair might help.
    My OH went surfing as a young man with a broken collar bone (motorbike accident). It never repaired properly. Moral: let your body heal.
    Remember, I’m the one who ignores this advice completely, but I can see it has merit ๐Ÿ˜‰ P

Hi All,
    Nurse practitioner is fairly certain that I have a cracked lower rib, possibly two and is sending me for tests for osteoporosis. I seriously hope I haven’t got it but am concerned how easily I was injured. Luckily my bone density was recorded when my ovaries were removed over 20 years ago so they will see progression.

Rest for four weeks is the outcome, well of vigorous exercise like running, dancing, gym machines. I can carry on with other classes and walking.

She is also arranging for a hip X-ray so all is good.

I was so fed up when I left the Doctors I had a bacon roll. Comfort ? Not really, now have indigestion. Typical!

Going swimming to console myself now. Screaming loudly – ouch that hurts.

Look after yourself Jojo Smiley

You’re a good mama, Jojo! Your poor daughter, working so hard, but I am sure her students are reaping the benefits of her love and care! I am doing some sewing for my boys today. New wheelchair pad cover, plus Velcro repair on an old one. I make them in fun fabrics for him. Surprisingly, it’s an item that does not seem to be available commercially. Have to start thinking about a special Harvard graduation one for May!
    Fasting today while watching the snow come down! Interesting to read about skipping meals. I tend to put off eating as long as possible during the day, working toward 19-5. So far 18-6 is doable with my schedule. I like breakfast food, too, Purple, so sometimes my lunch is breakfast, especially when I feel I need the big hit of fiber. Keep shring experiences, everyone, it helps us all!

Amazon, Happy Birthday ๐Ÿ˜† Andy’s win is your birthday present. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Ply, thinking of you in the blizzard and hoping all is well. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Nicky, snap! Same anniversary for us both on the start of 5:2. Congratulations on a good year!

Cheers, all. I’m home again and sleeping in the luxury of my own bed for the first time in a fortnight. ๐Ÿ™„ Bay

Sorry for the bad report from the doctor, Jojo! Have to agree with Purple that you must rest it for a bit. Think long term. (Gentle) hug for you!

Sorry, Jojo. Take care of yourself and be kind to your body. Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks everyone, I promise to be good and rest from energetic exercise.

Ply – take care in the blizzard

Amazon – what a result on your birthday, well done Andy.

Smithy- several people lose their posts, are you using emoticons?

Just had some chilly soup before heading off to a ‘Young at Heart’ exercise session.

Cancelled running sessions for the next 6 weeks

Hiya all . I am fitting new barrels into my 4 doors today . one broke a few weeks ago and we got locked in the kitchen.

Just popped in to say happy Birthday Amazon ( left messages next door for you) .
    Jojo you have to remember to take care of yourself and not do more damage .

I hope you are all doing well .

better get back to my doors . have one done so far but the back is a wee bit sore now . Might just do one a day . I hate this getting older and not being able to do everything in the one go :(. I am just so used to getting the head down and diving in lol ..

Wee xx

Blizzard is still raging! Wind is causing major drifts, but no snow on our cars, so it is very difficult to tell how much we’ve gotten. Hubby is headed out for a little shoveling now. He is considered “essential” so he has to go to work tonight, despite the travel ban.
    Latest food obsession: collard green wraps! Blanch the big collard leaves in boiling water for about 90 seconds (I just dunked the whole bunch in, holding by the stems), cut the tough stem off and use to wrap fillings the long way, tucking in the ends. Cut in half crosswise and dig in! I just had one with zucchini noodles, cucumber ribbons, shredded cabbage, red pepper strips, and a little miso vinaigrette. Beautiful and delicious!

Wee if only. Short amount left to go . Go on fat attack! For a doable week and see if how it goes!

Hoping for your best!

Viewing 50 posts - 6,451 through 6,500 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.