Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 5,151 through 5,200 (of 16,657 total)

• Purple I don’t do diving either Smiley

Weeman,
    I hope you and yours are oK in Glasgow,
    Tradgedy, people killed whilst Christmas shopping.
    The driver must have had a heart attack or something.
    Jojo xx

Terrible news from Glasgow and in France. What a sad world we live in. P

ps for the uninitiated, “salties” are saltwater crocodiles. ..huge meat eating reptiles that lurk in saltwater estuaries, as well as a long way upstream and in the ocean, in Northern Australia. We experienced them camping in the Kimberly WA. Deep respect. Just don’t go near the water there. Freshies are little and harmless. (Relatively) ๐Ÿ˜‰ P

Purple I think Amazon is like me. We prefer to swim in a clean swimming pool where you can see the bottom, with no sand getting up your bathers. Ok,swimmers to you lot! My favourite beaches are also all up and down the East coast,but particularly love Nelson Bay for an indulgent holiday at the Mantra resort there and Whale watching cruises. Of course the Great Ocean Road is also wonderful, esp at the Warrnambool end.

Good fast day yesterday, undid the damage from our early Xmas (part one) so will be good today and fast again tomorrow in preparation for part two on Thurs…..at least I don’t have to host that one! So nice to know that one can party then reset with a fast.

Cheers all!

Hi All,

I know we have a lot in common apart from 5:2

E.g. Many have dogs, many like to read, several do yoga.

I thought that for new year we could all pick a subject to tell others about. Sometimes we don’t understand why others like to do certain activities. I am happy to start it off by talking about my yoga practise. I have been at it for over 30 years and had many instructors.

Samm – maybe you could talk about sailing, I know it’s your passion.

After all we are not just dieters are we?

Anyone got any new year resolutions planned?

I am planning to learn Japanese cooking and of course lose 3 stone( again). I also plan to visit a new continent, possibly two.

Goodnight all

Jojo

Hi fast tracking Losers

Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Wiwi Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Weemam Tartan lass Smiffy and Hello World (You know Who You) ๐Ÿ˜†
    AO your detailed dinner table does sound impressive and soo well organised we are still finalizing the final guest list here ๐Ÿ™„ not unusual either with a (if we seeya we seeya) type of deal. We are hosting the Christmas lunch relax its just the family however there are 3 girls in her family who had 15 kids between them 5-5-4 they are mostly partnered and have kids of their own about 10 I think ๐Ÿ˜† not real sure with another 2 on the way.. y-fees mum her dad has passed my dad and his wife y-fees brother unpartnered her 2 sisters and fellas at last count around 48 so itโ€™s a big day Webberโ€™s at the ready with beef scotch fillet and lamb boned and rolled legs our sons work at the local beef processing plant here and another at the lamb processing plant in Bordertown 85km away good deals are always done ๐Ÿ˜ฏ .Pork and chicken to. Every one brings either vegie bake and potato bake or a salad and a dessert plus the essentials esky and a chair all food on the treasle table (remember those?)
    Nana has total control over saga date pudding and custard because she always does we borrow webbers from the family usually have 5-6 on the go and one big slice up and then lookout a big jug a pub gravy informal as oh yes the bob bon ceremony with the aweful joke recitals and a stack of fun noise and laughter no one knows who will be around for tea but what we do know its leftovers and the rest is divided up for boxing day.We operate on a secret santa or kris kringle present top spend $30 for every one and then buy for the immediate family as you see fit.
    The usual activities include backyard cricket badminton volleyball tennis basketball frisbie hacky sack totem tennis football all outside and us parents sit back and say look at what we have created ๐Ÿ™„
    Fun times and my Dad will always quip โ€œI wouldnโ€™t be dead for quidsโ€ ๐Ÿ˜†
    Peace RT

Gee whiz! A girl used to be able to come on this site for supportive reading while fasting ๐Ÿ™„
    Now I’m driven to eat! There is only so much unfulfilled salivating I can do.
    It is interesting though…for the year we took to get to goal I banned all “naughty food” (read as temptation) from the house. If it’s not there you can’t have it. Now I’m in a house bursting at the seams with leftover party food… .only the good stuff…I tossed/gave away the rubbish. Gosh that pane forte is good. So are my cheese stars. The chickpea and couscous is fabulous with the beetroot chutney and the bbq’d chorizo pieces are superb with the tomato relish. I’ve left the Xmas pudding and custard for later ๐Ÿ˜‰

Should I stop now? Gosh, I LOVE food. P

What a classic RT, your Xmas sounds wonderfully typical for the colonies! It’s the only time I ever play cricket as it’s such a relaxed game! We also have the badminton net up in the back yard. Like the sound of the multiple Webbers going in unison…and did you mean Sago plum pudding? My MIL used to make those, yummo. Hope you have a wonderful day and everyone behaves. My Dad had the same expression, really miss him at Xmas and thru Summer, we always enjoyed the tennis together.

Jojo I would love to hear about your yoga. Has the ‘hot yoga’ craze happened over there yet? Or maybe we got that from the US.

Purple now you are tempting us! I always think the leftovers are the best bit after a party, but I agree there is a lot of temptation in the fridge! Just as well our tums have shrunk and can’t hold as much! We get very spoiled with fresh from the farm strawberries and I regularly get given a whole tray (about 20 punnets)and fortunately am working my way thru some now, helps me avoid the plum pud and ice cream!

Hi Nama i think my mind was working faster than my fingers however I have just checked with mission control ๐Ÿ˜‰ and she tells me its always sago date ๐Ÿ˜ฏ famous for it too i might add!! we have a guy with a sign on the edge of a road that is a strawberry who funnily enough sells fresh strawberries 500g punnets in a big fridge in an open fronted shed you just drive in $5 honesty box style

Hi Fast trackers
    My part in the extended family meal on Thursday is a French bรปche de Noรซl (Xmas log) and an Italian tiramisu.

I am the dessert maker due to European connexions.

Tomorrow I will fast and make them.
    Wish me luck.

I have 5 Xmas Quiz questions.

1. Why does Father Xmas wear red ( not the coca cola reason!)?

2. Why does Rudolph have a red nose (related to question 1)

3. Why the mistletoe in “I saw mummy kissing Santa Claus?” Getafix’s potion in Asterix was made using mistletoe for the same reason)

4 Who or what sees the sun first on Christmas Day?

5. How could you make Christmas day last 48 hours?

I always gave these questions to my uni students, as they have interesting answers?

Answers tomorrow morning NZ time.

xx Wiwi

I guess I see the answers first, wiwi?
    Unless all those UK nightowls are still raging (yes Jojo, Wee, Amazon, Happy! )
    P ๐Ÿ™‚

Or me. Or Nama. Depends who is up first. ๐Ÿ™„

RT sounds lovely for your Chrissy … we used to have a couple of Weber’s going to cook everything when the kids were younger but not any more ๐Ÿ˜€ still smells divine ๐Ÿ˜† sorry if I’m making anyone salivate but it is such a yummy smell, a bit of crispy pork crackling too ๐Ÿ˜€

Answers hmmm let’s see … I’ll ponder on them for a time and see what I can come up with (either serious, in fact or just for laughs).

Bay if anything like some of my days it may well be me, lol, but I’d much prefer Wiwi or those raging owls ;P

OH bought me some cherries yesterday, I could only manage 1/2 dozen last night so will have to “force” myself to have some more tonight, lol ๐Ÿ˜€

We bought a box of cherries in the ACT on the way home on Friday. I just threw half out getting ready for a drinking session with friends. ๐Ÿ™„ P

Morning/evening all.

Nama I love swimming in the sea for fun and the pool for exercise, but I don’t like diving and getting ducked or swimming under water, which is why I don’t like surfing. That is also why I’m a very amateur snorkeller!

Here am I in the middle of B2B fasts trying to convince myself that I really am not hungry, and I get to read the RT Christmas Feast followed by a list of the contents of Purple’s fridge Smiley

My Christmas contribution to the meal at my brother’s is Christmas Pudding, mince pies and Christmas cake, all home made including the mincemeat. He is a very good cook, and has had years of practice, as he was always home from work first,he cooks dinner most nights. He has declined the offer of any help so I’m just going to turn up an hour before it is time to eat!

I have very little to do today and am going to have my work cut out keeping busy and away from a fridge full of nice things to eat.

I usually make one NY resolution, keep quiet about it and get on with it.
    I have a list of other things I want to do though, at the top is learn Spanish so I’m going to try to get going with that.
    I also want to find a new Pilates class, as my back is good enough for me to go back to doing it and of course it will really help.
    I am desperate to get the work in my bedroom done and finish de-cluttering the flat. Once that is done the mantra has to be, keep it tidy.

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Why did you throw out the cherries, Purple? We are in Melbourne getting ready for the big day. Crazy weather. Drove through 39 C yesterday. Now going down to 13C overnight. Yikes! Mayhem in car parks at shopping centres. Glad to be relaxing. Cheers, all. Definitely not fasting. Fish n chips n beer this evening. Could only eat half the serve. Have a lovely season, folks. Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Amazon
    We posted at same time. My resolution is to learn Spanish. I’ve always wanted to, and it will be good for my brain. We are contributing mince pies and sparkling red wine to the feast. Plus antipasto.
    Hope you have fun. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Bay

Hi Bay,

When I was in Cuba, I tried to speak Spanish when ordering food and drinks and when I was shopping in Havana. I surprised myself at the number of words I knew and understood. I get the impression that it is one of the easier languages to learn, and as I’m planning on spending some of my holidays in the next few years discovering South America it’ll be very useful.
    A couple of our group spoke Spanish and I was quite jealous of the fact that they were able to have a real chat with some of the locals in their native language.

I like Australian sparkling red wine ๐Ÿ˜›

Good morning All,
    Hola, Como estas, another thing some of us have in common. I have been dabbling in learning Spanish for years. Mostly I use Michel Thomas tapes as I only focus on conversation these days. No language is easy to learn for me but I love to communicate in local tongue when on holiday.

Christmas plans sound good( what is a Webber – a BBQ?) my Christmas will be quiet, just immediate family, four of us.
    It will be card and board games for us, family tradition, after a reasonable size roast of course, we have beef followed by xmas pudding and white sauce.

Tanga,
    I will reply to questions tonight, possibly first as I rarely go to bed before 2 am.

I am doing some clearing of cupboards today, never ending de-cluttering.

Hi jojo,

I’m sure that someone sneaks in and stuffs my cupboards full of junk! So many items that I had forgotten I had ever wanted or possessed……………..
    I finally parted with my Minnie Mouse ears the other day, as I decided that if I ever attend another fancy dress party it’ll be time for something a bit more sophisticated ๐Ÿ˜‰

You guessed right, it’s a big BBQ with a lid, and roasting meat outside rather than in the oven is common in Australia, it keeps the kitchen cool and tastes fab. My friend cooked a huge bacon joint that way last Christmas and it was delicious.

Sorry Amazon. I was going to fast until I read about some great food on the Maintenance Thread and folded. Turned it into my Christmas food eating day instead!!!!!!!
    Dead right about bbq use here. We rarely cook inside in summer. Everything goes on the barbie, served up with salad.
    Good luck with your fasts people ๐Ÿ˜‰ P

Hi Jojo and Amazon. We seem to have been decluttering our home of 26 yrs too! Maybe it’s because we have all retired in the past year or two and finally have the time. Plus it’s sort of symbolic of moving on to another life stage I think. I love your suggestion of someone sneaking in with junk Amazon! Also our generation was brought up not to waste, so it’s hard to throw out perfectly good, albeit old, stuff and at the same time not be tempted to buy new shiny replacements. Hence we have much more than we can ever use or need. It’s very liberating to clear out unwanted belongings isn’t it? Just hard to separate the absolute junk from the sentimental things that are just too hard to part with. I have a collection of small packets of matches collected on first trip around Europe. Could not bear to throw them out, so now we are working through them to light the fire in winter and trying to remember their origins as we use them! My husband swears he is not a hoarder and regularly clears out his wardrobe, but his garage/workshop has every imaginable screw, nut, bolt, bracket or thingy you could ever need, “just in case”! I find the children’s artwork hard too, despite it being 30 yrs old! Maybe I should just frame a couple of favourites and chuck the rest.

Sometimes I forget this thread is around fasting! I am aiming for another one tomorrow pre Xmas day, it will be a challenge methinks, better keep busy! Those fish and chips sound good Bay, esp washed down with beer! We just watched an episode Grand Designs whilst having Asian dumplings and fried rice, very nice!
    Good luck will be needed, thanks Purple.

When my parents moved after my Dad retired, my brother and I went round to help the day before, we hadn’t been sooner because Das assured us he had everything under control. It was chaos, so we methodically worked our way through the rooms, doing what we could. Then we went out to the shed. My Dad never threw old furniture etc away, he took t to pieces and kept everything and anything “that might come on handy one day” It was the tidiest room in the house, but jam packed with stuff. Over 40 old coffee jars filled with nails, screw, nuts and bolts, goodness knows how many pieces of wood, boards etc. We threw 40 sacks of stuff out.

I have been guilty in the past of being too hasty in disposing of something and then wanting it a few months later, so I stopped throwing things out. It got to the stage where there was no room in any drawer or cupboard so I was forced to take action. I have got rid of so many clothes. The wardrobe an chest of drawers are still full, but all but one of the containers that lived under the bed are now empty.
    I’m about two thirds of the way through, so the end is in sight.
    Then I can go shopping!

No need to apologize Purple, I do it all the time. I’m going out for a walk now to take my mind off of my rumbling tummy.

Are you living with my fella Nama? He is very good at organising other people’s things, but his workshop is unbelievable. He does prove to me on a regular basis that he has the right tool/ fitting/ paint/ machine but something always has to bought still to finish any little job I need done. “I’m just popping down to the hardware store to get (insert any unlikely thing you can think of).” ๐Ÿ™„ P

One of those big, green hardware stores maybe Purple? It is handy to have a resident handyman though!

Good afternoon everyone .
    a bit of a damper on things today . Our hut/shed was leaking badly last year on the roof and our eldest gave the roof 2 coats of special kind of rubberised paint . I went out this morning and it is wet again ๐Ÿ™ . I was feeling a bit down about it then started to count my blessings and realize it is not really that important if the hut roof leeks a wee bit .
    Did a fast again yesterday which was also zero carbs ๐Ÿ™‚ scales the same this morning so having a 800 cals day today and another fast tomorrow . The scales are the same BUT I can get into a size 12 trouser . There is a VPL but I can breathe in them ..JUST lol. Not the ones I will be wearing on Christmas day ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

I am going to have a good Christmas day without going mad . I haven’t cheated once since I started 5.2 so I think one day is allowed . I am not going to log it in MFP as I don’t want to fall of the wagon all together .
    Have a great Christmas day all of you . it is only one day a year and we all know exactly how to do 5.2 now

Love to all

Wee xx

No such thing as cheating on 5:2 Wee. It is either a fast day or a non fast day.
    I am not in the mood for fasting again today so I’ve given in gracefully and had an omelette with salad. I’ll have something else later if I feel the need.

Sorry to hear about the shed roof, Wee. Whilst it might not be important in the grand scheme, I think you’re allowed to find it a bit annoying/ depressing.

But size 12, now that’s something to smile about ๐Ÿ™‚

You’ve done amazingly well, you deserve Christmas day off!

Half of my post disappeared………………

Yes Wee, size 12 Smiley

Thanks guys . That is the bottom half but I couldn’t eat Christmas dinner in them lol .

still a good feeling though that I can get them on . 6 years ago I was a size 24 so very proud of myself . Thanks again for all the support ALL of you lovely people ..Hugs

Wee xx

Good evening all,
    Size 12 wee, great job but wear something comfy over Christmas. I am still in size 16 from 24 so fairly happy too. I have a couple of pairs of size 14 trousers but I think they are a generous size. My waist is still not 50 % of my height in centimetres, still 10 cm to go, another stone off at least I guess.

Lunch was much better than expected, menu was so boring I chose carrot and parsnip soup with French bread. It was ok but not a patch on my homemade chilli soups.

Soup for dinner too so not a high calorific day.

Watching Mary Berry cooking Christmas recipes, yummy white chocolate, ginger cheesecake. My daughter is making ginger bread today so I guess I will get some over Christmas.

I am having a lazy day today but I will go to the gym in the morning.

I must get on with some last minute gift wrapping.

Tangatawiwi
    Answers to your quiz

1) he wears red so the blood doesn’t show up when he is caught on people’s TV aerials.
    2) rudolfs nose is red because he is lead reindeer and therefore gets the full force of the weather.
    3) mistletoe is an excuse for kiss with the man of your choice and sadly a trap for you by some you prefer not to kiss.
    4) Balleny Islands, New Zealand get the earliest sunrise. Think my daughter told me this when she was there for Christmas.
    5) I guess you keep travelling to make it last Christmas last 48 hours.

Jojo xx

Christmas Eve has arrived -hot and bright! I am off for a swim before cooking.
    Here are the answers:
    1. Why does Father Xmas wear red ( not the coca cola reason!)?
    2. Why does Rudolph have a red nose (related to question 1)
    In the northern countries (Lapland) the winter used to be a hungry time. However even though it is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, the people needed escape and this is what they did. The reindeer can eat the red mushroom Aminita Muscaria without the dire consequences they cause humans. The Shaman drank the reindeer urine and the people drank the shamanโ€™s urine and thus diluted the effect of this dangerous magic mushroom. The result was a drug trip which brought father Christmas as a bountiful figure who brought good things and feelings of flying (reindeer and Rudolph who ate too many magic mushrooms). Santa’s red and white reflect the toadstool.
    3. Why the mistletoe in โ€œI saw mummy kissing Santa Claus?โ€ Getafixโ€™s potion in Asterix was made using mistletoe for the same reason)
    The Celts saw mistletoe as a magical plant which lived when nature was dead. Where we live in France all the trees are deciduous and in winter mistletoe is everywhere. This gave mistletoe the symbol of life and strength and good health during a dead nature time.
    4 Who or what sees the sun first on Christmas Day? A few scientists at the South Pole or maybe penguins
    5. How could you make Christmas day last 48 hours? Just go to the NZ Antarctic territory. In summer NZ is 13 hours ahead of UTC and 24 hours ahead of Tahiti which is on the other side of the International date line. You could also start flying to the west from NZ and go around the world to Tahiti, taking 48 hours for the round trip.

Thatโ€™s food for thought, a substitute for food.
    Talk after Christmas.
    Wiwi

Wow, JoJo, you posted at the same time as I did.
    It’s likely your answers are as correct as mine.
    Thanks for starting this wonderful thread.
    Your adventures next year sound wonderful.
    I will make some suggestions for trips in New Zealand after Christmas.
    Happy Christmas
    Love Wiwi

Morning Fast trackers
    Hi Jojo you are correct a โ€˜Webberโ€ is our Aussie BBQ Kettle that is an amazing eating experience in the hands of a trained professional ๐Ÿ˜† ie moi ๐Ÿ™„
    Heat beads in the basket fired up till glowing then turn grey
    then in go all the yummy goodness AO yes the reality of the sit down lunch with Mum Dad & 2 kids is gone now these days IMO quicker than last weeks pay ๐Ÿ˜‰
    S0 for catering on a large scale itโ€™s the perfect option. Now not wanting to have a cheeky crack at this generation of fine young female things their domestic goddess skill set is somewhere between c**p and bloody non-existent with 2 of our sons the chief cook and bottle washer in their homes which I must say I find it strange to hear them say got a msg from the girl fee wanting to know whats for tea ๐Ÿ˜† she wouldnโ€™t know what a casserole is nor how to bake biscuts or cakes make sauce jam chutney soup do a roast etc etc nor have any interest in learning whatso ever either ๐Ÿ™„ donโ€™t get me started. The other day I got a message from the eldest current girlfee with picture of some double choc chip muffins she made herself hold the phone call 000 I feeling a little wouzzy
    Crisis over straight out the packet ๐Ÿ˜†
    Anyhoo such is life I must apologise sorry Amazon you are right I am guilty as charged the detailed Christmas feast is indeed un helpful for a learner faster ๐Ÿ˜‰ but you are the grand master of same
    Iโ€™m quite confident you got through it ok as always ๐Ÿ˜†
    Peace RT

RT, Don’t apologise, it doesn’t usually bother me and I’m guilty of doing it myself!
    I gave up on fasting today. I wasn’t in the right mood for it from the second I got out of bed this morning. No more fasts until the weekend and no damage assessment (ie weighing myself) until I’ve done 2 fasts.
    I don’t intend to eat myself silly, tomorrow and Christmas Day I’ll just have dinner. Boxing Day anything goes, and then it is back to business.

I find it weird that so many people have so little interest in cooking. Home cooked food is so much better than anything you can buy in the supermarket, and cakes, biscuits and desserts are often superior.

Amazon,
    You are so right, home cooked is definitely best. Nothing processed for me. Never felt so good as I have this year. Fresh fish, fruit and veg. Occasional foray into cooking a cake or two. Soup is without doubt the Fasters friend.

Trying to work out how to get fitbit to record sleep tonight. Not that I really worry about sleep, I usually manage 7 hours.

Reading up on my Japanese cookery for 2015, I wish there was an ITSU locally.

For those of you still fasting with me, good luck tomorrow.

Jojo to get fitbit to record sleep you need to tap it for up to 2 seconds until it gives 2 flashing then dimming lights and do the same when you wake or get up to tell it you’re up. Don’t do my trick from last night which I’ve just realised as it didn’t log properly – I stopped tapping before approx 2 seconds (I tapped twice I think) but as I’d already logged it once it was able to let me know the number of times I was awake last night (and it was lots).

Sorry overslept a bit this morning after FINALLY getting to sleep so have to dash already!

I bought a sushi box from the newly opened local branch of ITSU last week and it was delicious, better than any sushi I’ve had in the UK. I was disappointed when my local branch of Monsoon closed down, but I’m not disappointed any more. All the boxes are calorie counted, and freshly made on the premises.
    Jojo, if we go to Kew we could go to ITSU for something to eat as it’s not far away, and/or you can get some supplies from the grocery section.

Hi/bye AO ๐Ÿ™‚

Amazon,
    That is a date.
    Is Kew open all year?
    Jojo xx

Hi fast tracking Losers

Nicky Emel and Aussie O in South Australia Nama in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Wiwi Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Weemam Tartan lass Smiffy and Hello World (You know Who You) ๐Ÿ˜† A fast day today green tea black coffee plenty of water and a miso soup I think getting ready for tomorrows feast
    RT

Kew is open every day except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
    It was lovely today, hardly anyone there so really peaceful, apart from squabbling ducks and coots on the lake. The rhododendrons are already starting to flower.
    I’ll have to go somewhere else for my walk tomorrow.

Hi RT, Well done for fasting on Christmas Eve. It is my favourite day so I’ll not be joining you.

Right, the ham is in the oven, just need to go out and get the last present – whiskey for my son. And now there is more than just the cat under the tree (he is elderly, so sleeps lots). Apart from the ham, the rest of the meals will be cooked outside over the next few weeks (weather permitting).

RT, your Christmas gathering sounds wonderful, full of family and friends and laughter. Enjoy!

Wow, Weemam and Jojo, that drop in size is amazing. Well done to you both. And well done everyone with their losses – take tomorrow off!

I am fasting today, but I have a suspicion it might turn into a 16:8 before the day is out. And no guilt! Love it. I weight myself daily, first thing, and keep a graph of the results, usually all over the place but the general trend line is downwards.

Hello all,

I am fasting today Jojo, so I am with you! Planning to keep busy.
    I hope the weather is good enough in Melb for you today Bay, glorious morning but then it could be hailing by lunchtime in this city.

Sorry to hear about your roof Wee, I hope not too much damage. Water will get in anywhere won’t it. Congratulations on getting from 24 to 12, the incredible shrinking woman!

RT hopefully your younger sons will find cooking partners one day! Both my boys have and it’s fabulous, I learn from both of them. Eldest’s fiancรฉe is brilliant, very healthy, almost vegetarian. She has shown me some really unusual salads. Youngest has a Vietnamese partner and she teaches us how to caramelise pork and chicken wings etc and wants me to teach her how to cook an Aussie roast with cauliflower cheese. Her first attempt made it to F/B! Don’t despair, some of them have not grown up enough to be interested. Also depends on their mothers cooking skills/influence I think. Maybe the boys are smarter than we think, if they cook they may not have to do housework!

Very impressed with your quiz Wiwi, I hope Jojo’s is easier! As you say, food for thought. I watched a Ted talk with Mark Mattson on a YouTube video yesterday (the neuroplasticity expert who advocates fasting) and it was good revision. He said the three ways to improve our brains and ward off dementia and Alzheimer’s etc were exercise, cognitive challenges and fasting. Apparently they all challenge our brains and force it to produce adaptive changes which in turn improve it’s function. That’s enough reason alone to fast! This guy is one of the gurus that Michael interviewed.

Have a great Xmas Eve all! X

Well I might try to at least semi-fast tomorrow (Xmas eve). We have been invited to friends in the evening for a buffet style meal. I have volunteered to drive, and can hopefully just pick protein and salad to eat.

I have still been having a long (16hr plus) fast each day, but then eating richer food than normal and drinking a little more alcohol… And today I broke my fast at 1pm with a slice of cake (that I was dividing to freeze)… Oh, and only froze half, so had a slice tonight also…

I had planned to make mince pies and stollen, but OH doesn’t like either (and is making a trifle tomorrow…), so perhaps wisest not to (I hate food waste ๐Ÿ™‚ )

I would love to come out the other side of Christmas the same weight, but now realistically think that’s perhaps a little optimistic!

So hats off to all of you who are disciplined enough to still be fasting properly at this most challenging time of year!

Only doing it so I can party tomorrow Happy! Only way to avoid a complete disaster with all the yummy food in the house.

Congratulations wee and jojo on your slimming bodies!
    Interesting answers, wiwi. I turned the phone on at 5.40am expecting to see them then. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Thanks for a bit of Xmas themed entertainment. Good answers, too, jojo!

I thought I’d share what a maintainer learns at this time of year:

You can put on 2kg in one day just by eating some richer, carb filled foods!

It is incredibly hard to avoid eating naughty food if it is in the house.

I really need to do proper fasts twice weekly.

I will never eat large quantities of food again (stomach ache).

I really have acquired a love of healthy, fresh, sugarless foods with minimal processed carbs.

I so enjoy wearing nice clothes and looking fit, I don’t see fasting as a deprivation any more.

And lastly, I know I have the tools to control my own health. ๐Ÿ˜†

Christmas Eve here. The shops are going crazy. Huge queues at the seafood shop.
    Me? Up early for a swim. Relaxing and wondering what to do with the tempting food before we go away on Boxing Day.
    Looking forward to your quiz tomorrow Jojo. P

Goodnight buddies,

Fasting or not it is your choice. Some of us need to fast to the last minute so that we don’t undo our hard work of previous days or weeks. Others prefer to play catch up later. Whatever method you choose just remember to enjoy your Christmas festivities.
    Enjoy this special time with your families.

Interesting quiz Tangatawiwi.

Merry Christmas All

Viewing 50 posts - 5,151 through 5,200 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.