LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

This topic contains 1,641 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Jenki2 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 951 through 1,000 (of 1,646 total)

• Morning,

just a quick note to say I hope your Dad had a good night

Angie

x

On a more frivolous note, I decided to get some clothes down from the top of my wardrobe, which I’d put away because I couldn’t do them up!! Was mainly jeans and though I haven’t tried all of them on, tried on 3 pairs and they all fit once more 🙂

They’re all size 12, so not quite a size 10 yet but very happy to have my trusty comfy jeans back.

Hope you’re all enjoying Easter Sunday xxx

thank you Hilly

well done on the trousers, that’s great!!!

my poor dad is still gravely ill, that is what the nurse told sis this morning, I just don’t know what to think anymore… he is showing some movement though so I am praying he will come out of this induced sleep.. its been the worst weekend ever, but my cousin visited and some of my close colleagues here have been so supportive and kind… I am trying to remain positive, but deep inside my heart is breaking 🙁

enjoy the rest of your day, and happy Easter, take care xxxxxxxx

Angie,

So sorry to hear that your dad is still so very ill. I guess all you can do is hope and pray. It’s so good that you are getting support and kindness from family members and colleagues. You can rest assured that all your 5:2 cyber friends are sending out good vibes and wishing you and your dad well.

I missed your message re the Tate. I’d love to meet you and I promise I will make it one day. My day job has picked up very considerably and I’ve got two big projects – one French, one German – on the go at the same time and I’m having to go more or less flat out until the first week in May. Also I’ve got loads to do for my MA dissertation. Like you I’m working today (not bothered, here in North London “il pleut comme la vache qui pisse” as you say in France), but am hoping to relax tomorrow and then on Wednesday, I’m meeting up and old school chum who is over from the USA.

Take care. I’ll be thinking of you. xxxx

Thank you Herma!
    Indeed here too central il a ply comme une vache qui pisse!!! Loved that 🙂
    No news about my dad,still the same.. Staying at mates in Lewisham tonight as couldnt face the drive home.. Working tomorrow, so it made sense! Would be lovely to meet at the Tate, please pop in whenever you can!!
    Hope you had a good day and take care xxxxx

Evening everyone,

Angie I wish there was more I could do or say. I know if it were my Dad I would be totally beside myself, my heart goes out to you.

I very much hope the morning brings better news for you.

xxx

Morning all

It’s been quiet on our little thread recently hasn’t it. I put it down to the Easter break – I haven’t really been on here much but now that I’m back to a fast day, time to say hello to everyone.

Angie, I’m so sorry to hear about your dad, but I hope he is doing much better now. My thoughts are with you and sending you lots of hugs and good vibes. I really feel for you having gone through such a tough time in your personal life recently, but please know that we are all here for you whenever you need us.

Hilly – check you out, skinny minny getting back into those size 12s! That must feel fantastic.

So, as it was still the bank holiday yesterday, I didn’t fast because there was too much temptation at home. I am fasting today though.

I didn’t go overboard in the last few days – I ate sensibly, a few treats here and there, and ensured that I exercised: I ran on Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday, each run was about 45 minutes. I just wanted to mitigate too much damage in the five days I wasn’t fasting.

However, I stepped on the scale this morning and was alarmed to see that I am UP 3 POUNDS!?

The scales must hate me! Does anyone else find that their body weight fluctuates for absolutely no reason?

Anyway I am back on the fast today, and will be fasting Thursday so hope to see some positive results.

Morning all

hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend, LD thank you for your wishes, as for the lbs my bet is that is muscle damage, you are doing quite a bit of running, so as you know muscle weigh more than fat, please don’t worry too much about it… I bet clothes will feel even better now 🙂

well my dad is being weaned off the sedatives today, so he will wake up gradually but the dialysis continues… I really wish they would say more, and if the treatment to remove water on his lungs worked.. but I am staying positive and praying, I love him dearly and so a lot of people around him, he just has to get better!

have a good day everyone, good luck to the fasters, I will be on Friday… at least planning to anyway.. take care and thank you all for the support, positive vibes and kind words xxxxxxxxxx

Angie really glad to have heard from you, you had gone quiet for some time so was worried about where you were.

I am glad to heard that your dad is coming off the sedatives, I am sure this means that he is getting better, although I am no medical expert. I hope you get some good news soon and in the mean time, sending all my love and good wishes in your direction for his speedy recovery. It really is times like this that put all other of life’s little issues into perspective, right? Also on the subject of there being very little news, I think it’s always the case that no news is good news – try and remember that and I think in this case, it definitely applies.

Will be thinking of you.

PS I hope you are right about the muscle weight gain – but I figured since I have only done a few days of running, my muscle build up can’t be as big as 3 pounds? Also I am putting that partly down to time of the month – do others find that their weight fluctuates like this?

Take care. speak later xxx

Morning all hope everyone enjoyed their Easter weekend.

Angie I am sorry to hear about your Dad. It is really tough for you especially as you have had other worries as well. I am sure he will pull through you just need to think positive thoughts.

LD if it is your time of the month that explains a lot! I was really good over the weekend as well and I am hoping for good news at my weigh in on 2 May! My clothes still feel the same but, other than walking, I haven’t been exercising so I really have to get onto that once this event is over and I have more time to go running and back to they gym.

I am also fasting today and Thursday. My sister arrives tomorrow and she is staying for one week which I am really looking forward to.

Speak later 🙂 xxxx

Hi JF good to hear from you. Hope you are right about the sudden unexplained weight gain. I wish you all the very best for your weight in on 2 May. Can’t wait to hear about your progress.

I have slipped back to my old habits of weighing every few days, as I think the suspense of waiting a month would stress me out and I prefer to have a check in every few days to keep an eye on things!

Have a lovely time with your sister!

Thanks LD will check in during the week to see how you are doing! 🙂

@littledragon

“The scales must hate me! ”

I haven’t replaced the batteries on my scales for weeks. Nothing has been registering and I can only guess where I’m at on my weight.

Like you, I’m getting back into my routines with the better weather.

Evening everybody,

back at work today sadly, so little opportunity for any daytime peeps!

Angie hope Dad wakes ups well and that the dialysis is having the desired effect.

Little Dragon, I agree with the others you’re obviously turning into a toned svelte gorgeous woman. So don’t feel despondent about the 3lbs.

Keep doing what you’re doing Jfitzy and I’m sure you will get the results.

God first day back at work and I’ve eaten like a pig!! My friend brought in biscuits, as it’s her birthday – God knows how many of them I ate and that seems to have triggered an eating frenzy!!! Now feel thirsty and uncomfortable!!! That’ll teach me.

Am glad to be fasting tomorrow.

Night all

x

Hello where is everybody today!! I have been a bit busy so have just logged on now I suppose everybody else is busy too.

Angie how is your Dad anymore news?

LD did you sneaky peek again today – I bet you did (ha ha) 🙂

I had a good fast yesterday and today I have had a protein shake and a few almonds. Tonight I am having a baked potato with homemade chilli (made it last night).

Back fasting tomorrow and that will be it until next week.

Hope you are all having a good day 🙂

Afternoon JFitzy!

hope you are well and having a good day, no more news re my dad, hopefully he will be awake very soon, they took him off the sedatives yesterday… I speak to Sophie ( his partner) every night… he will have to have dialysis forever now, as his kidneys cannot function anymore.. but we can cope with that, we just want him home with his loved ones…

I am not doing a great deal today, did house chores in the morning, had my second walk with doggies… its quite warm here today, hope it doesn’t rain though!!

planning to fast on Friday, and doing a 16.8 tomorrow.. hope everyone fasting today is going strong, have a good day all and take care! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Angie well at least they know what it is. My uncle got that at a very young age but he got used to the dialysis – it is a pain but it does work.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day off!

Speak soon 🙂

Afternoon all,

Angie – so sorry to hear about your Dad, it must be so difficult for you at the moment. I hope that when he wakes up soon and that you get more positive news this evening.

Well I fasted yesterday and was doing very well until I got dragged to the pub for a gin and tonic so didn’t go completely to plan. Am going to fast tomorrow and will stay strong willed and go to the gym in the evening instead. I am finding it difficult to get back into the routine that I had in Jan/Feb as am travelling so much for work at the moment.

Am still avoiding the scales like the plague – supposed to be weighing in on 1 May but really don’t think I can face them yet.

Everyone else seems to be doing so well and so determined, I need to get some of my mojo back…..

Have a good evening everyone.

Hi Jenki

Thank you for the good wishes for my dad.. No change so far, he should be waking up in the next few days, i try and get some some news everyday but its such a slow process…

Re the fasting, dont worry too much, you are just as determined and focused as anyone on here!! We all fall off the wagon at some point, i am not going near the scales either lol, fasting on friday and right now its all i can manage, though with a knot on my tummy everyday, i dont have a huge appetite anyway…

Take care and have a lovely evening xxxxxxxx

Hey everyone,

just had a little look to see how everyone is doing.

Angie still thinking of you, hope Dad will be awake properly soon x

Jenki you’ll soon have your mojo back. Maybe you should weigh yourself on the 1st, you might be surprised but if things have slipped the wrong way, you’ll know and be more in control to do something about it.

I’ve made it through my second fast day of the week. Was very hungry today but made it, none the less!!

Good luck to any Thursday fasters.

x

“Am still avoiding the scales like the plague – supposed to be weighing in on 1 May but really don’t think I can face them yet.”

Same here.

I just put batteries in my scale after two weeks.

I also have a weighing in coming up on May 1.

Morning all,

Thank you Angie and Hilly, am fasting today and have my gym stuff with me so determined to get back in the swing of it.

Rockyromero – will weigh on 1 May and we can share results? One week to go!

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all

Jenki I am also fasting today, so we can encourage each other along.

JF I did sneak peak again, haha, I’ve been peaking all week. Those pesky three pounds are gone and I’m back down to the weight I was last week. If I can shift another pound or two this weekf after my fasts then great, but I’m not expecting miracles because of the TOM 🙁 not feeling too hot today unfortunately.

Angie I hope your dad is doing better – any news? Lots of hugs.

Hilly you must be glad to be done with your fasts for the week. Easter Monday changed my schedule around and I ended up on Tues & Thur fasts. I quite like doing Mon & Wed because it means the fasts are over and done with quicker and I always have a ton of meetings on Thursdays which doesn’t make fasting too much fun.

I am feeling quite sick today, must be TOM, combine that with a day of fasting, not great. Also felt so hot and bothered getting to sleep last night and didn’t sleep well at all, so very tired this morning.

Oh well, I’ve got low fat beef mince spaghetti sauce with slim pasta for dinner waiting for me in the fridge tonight, I don’t know the exact calories, but it’s only chopped tomatoes, onions, lean beef mince for the sauce and slim pasta which is 20 calories per serving, so can’t imagine that it’s too much over 250 calories? Anyone else care to hazard a guess?

Take care and good luck to you fasters, hope you are feeling better than me!! xx

Also, I don’t think I will be seeing the magic number 9 on my scales before my holiday which is what I was really hoping for. Weight loss appears to have slowed down considerably recently, which is slightly frustrating. I feel better, and I can see changes on my body so that’s something but I wish the scales would reflect it! I know this is a slow and life time commitment, rather than an instant thing, but it’s hard not to be a little frustrated at times eh!

Morning all! What a lovely day.

LD I bet if you don’t weigh yourself until the day you go on holiday you will see the magic number 9!! That is why I don’t weigh myself all the time because our weight fluctuates too much.

Only 6 week from today for my holiday. I think I am still on track for my holiday goal will know more when I weigh in next Friday.

Have a great day – I am working this weekend (boo hoo) but then I finish on Tuesday afternoon and I am off until the following Tuesday (yeah!!). I plan to do lots of running and gym work as for once I will have some time.

Speak later xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey LD,

So far so good although my tummy just did a massive rumble so may have spoken too soon! Lots of black coffee and water so far. Not sure what I am going to have for dinner tonight – probably cheat and get a supermarket meal to make life a bit easier.

When is your holiday? Not sure how much you have left to go before the magic 9 but you never know you might still make it.

I agree with Jfitzy you should give weighing a bit of a break – then you might see more of a shift?

Anyway had best get on with some work – hopefully the day will go quickly!!

JF i hope you are right, but I always think ‘What happens if I do my ‘monthly’ weigh in when my weight has fluctuated upwards’ and then I appear to be 2 pounds heavier than the next day… anyway, I think there’s a lot of merit in weighing once a month but I think I prefer ‘keeping an eye’ on things!

I agree I have to keep my eye on the scales, I just have to be in charge, (if only). My sister only weighs in our WW class and she lost 2 stone in just over a year but she as never been a compulsive dieter like me. I like this fasting makes feel like I am in charge.

LD I am actually weighing in twice a month from now until 1 August when I go on my main holiday because I want to stay on track too.

I forgot to say I am fasting today as well as I was doing really well on Monday, my normal fast day, but then hubby suggested going for a walk at the end of which we went to the pub!! Couldn’t resist having a couple of wines – (well it was a holiday after all!!)but I didn’t have any snacks which is a breakthrough for me (ha ha) 🙂

Hi Jenki, I am off next Thursday for my holiday so only a week left. I weighed in at 10.2 this morning so three pounds to go before 9.13 – seems a bit of a stretch to hope for 3 pounds between now and then. I was 10.2 last week as well, so maybe I may be able to drop 1 pound this week and 1 pound next week. I won’t hold my breath though 🙁

JIPWGP wow well done to your sister on losing 2 stone. Welcome to the thread and nice to meet you. How are you finding the fast diet?

LD – Will send positive vibes your way and keep my fingers crossed for those final few pounds. You never know!

JFitzy – same thing happened to me but with gin rather than wine. Glad I am not alone!! So far so good although the day seems to be going rather too slowly for my liking…..

Hi LD and all. I am a lifetime dieter every diet ever invented I have tried it. I am on steroids and I have underactive thyroid but with WW I got to goal losing 56 lb it only took me 17 months but I walked everywhere and if I needed to take a bus I walked to the next stop and got off at an earlier stop. I have kept 50 of that off since 2011 but I have trouble with getting back under the 10’s only need another 5 lb or so. I want to go on holidays and not be worried about getting on the scales when I get back home. This is why I am giving 5-2 to a go (as I do). I lost 3 lb in the first 4 days. But nothing since and it’s about 3 weeks. But I got under my (5 pound of goal as we call it in weight watchers) so I do not have to pay. So it did the trick. Today I’ve had 2 boiled eggs and I am having WW soup later or omelette and tangerines and coffee or tea all day to take me to my 500.

Hi everyone,

all you Thursday fasters must have made it through by now. Well done.

It does feel good to have done both fasts by Wednesday, my normal days are Monday and Thursday but was meeting some friends today, so did a swop. That’s what I love about this, you can move things around to suit life and never really have to feel deprived (well ok fasting days can seem long!!).

I have been weighing myself once a week, over the Easter Holidays my weight stayed the same, which I am more than happy about, as often in the past I could easily put on 3 or 4 pounds!! Then today I weighed myself and have lost another pound, just over half a stone to go for me and the illusive 9 🙂

Little D you’re almost there, clothes are fitting well, so give yourself a break, you’ll be there soon enough.

How are you Angie, life has thrown a lot at you over the last few months – hope Dad is still slowly improving.

X

Morning everyone

hope you are all ok and ready to face another day, I ma fasting today, I am at home so its much easier for me..
    Hilly thank you for asking of my dad, he is still coming off the sedatives so moving about a lot but also he thrashes a lot because he tries to remove all the tubes and things attached to him.. breaks my heart really… Sophie sent a photo, although its very distressing to see him that way at least he is opening his eyes more and more… its been a hell of a horrible time for all of us, each day waiting for news, each day praying and hoping he improves a bit more… everything else seems so trivial, I find myself getting annoyed at the smallest things…

well hope you all have a good day, fasters lets stay strong today!
    take care xxxxxxxxx

Hi all

Angie I’m really sorry to hear about your dad – I can imagine how stressful it must be for you. Just be kind to yourself, and take it easy. We are all here for you and send you lots of hugs and good wishes.

Hilly well done on sustaining your weight over the Easter break – I was up 3 pounds after the weekend but I think it was time of the month related water retention, as it disappeared a few days into the week.

I weighed again this morning, and my goodness, I am happy I did… I am down 2 pounds, taking me to a solid 10 stone.

Maybe I will see the magic number 9 on the scales before I go away.

I am a bit worried about gaining while I’m away but I intend to do a couple of runs while I am gone and not think too much about it. I am hoping that any weight I gain while I am away will be easily dropped once I get back into the 5:2 again. We shall see.

Progress so far: 17 pounds down. I feel a lot better but when I look in the mirror, I can see a difference, but I also wonder where those 17 additional pounds were before – I don’t feel like the difference looks like it’s 17 pounds, but the scales don’t lie I suppose!

Good luck to fasters today. I found yesterday fine, but was glad when the day came to an end.

Hi all
    Its with a very heavy and breaking heart that i have to tell you my poor dad passed away this evening, drove to France but i didnt make it on time…
    My life will never be the same without him, i will miss him forever, God bless him xxxx

Angie I’m so sorry. What can I say? I know words will never be enough from a stranger, but I’m sending you all the love I have, I’m thinking of you, and I know your dad is in a better place. I’m so sorry that these few weeks have been so difficult, we’re all here for you, so please keep us updated on how you’re doing. Sending so many hugs and good wishes. You’re in my thoughts. xxxxxxxx

I am so sorry to hear that he has gone. I know everything that could have been done for him was and how happy he must have been to see you only the other day.

Gail x

So very sorry to hear your sad news, Angie.

You and your family, take care
    Aud xxx

Angie,

Very, very sad to learn that your dad has died. It suddenly puts all other concerns into perspective, doesn’t it. I wish you and your family all the strength you need to cope with the immediate future and all that it will entail. And do take care of yourselves and each other, too.

hermaj xxx

Angie, I am so sorry. I’m glad you got to see him so recently and I’m sure that meant a lot to him as well. I hope you and your family can be a comfort to each other in this difficult time. Thoughts and prayers coming to you from this side of the Atlantic.

Angie, I am so very sorry to hear that your dad has passed away. My heart goes out to you and your family. I wish you and your family all the strength to get through this difficult time. Hopefully we will hear from you soon. XX

(((HUGS)))
    I am so sorry to hear about your Dad.
    Take care.

Angie, am so sorry to hear about your Dad, take care of yourself.

Just wanted to pop on here and send my support and love to you Angie

To all other fasters, hope it’s going well, I miss you all!

Off on holiday tomorrow, speak soon guys 🙂

have a good holiday, LD.

Angie, I hope you are well. Have been thinking of you.

Thanks Kilda – hope it’s all going well for you.

Am thinking of you too Angie, we’ll all be here when you feel less keep returning.

Have a wonderful time Little D and, pray tell, did you make the illusive 9?

Hope everyone else is ok and persevering with our challenge 🙂

Sorry using my phone! Meant to say feel like returning x

Viewing 50 posts - 951 through 1,000 (of 1,646 total)

You must be logged in to reply.