LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
LittleDragon & friends: 2 months in – going strong!

This topic contains 1,641 replies, has 48 voices, and was last updated by  Jenki2 8 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,646 total)

• JF it’s great, I had it for lunch today. I have had that Country Style Veg soup as well for lunch before on a fast day and maybe it was because it wasn’t actual solid food I was eating but I was absolutely STARVING a few hours later and caved and couldn’t stick to the fast. Have a look for the rolls, they’re super tasty, healthy and really different from my usual boring fast day food. I tried the beef on Friday for a normal lunch and it was great. I will try pork on Wednesday and see how I go with it.

OOo me too next time I’m in M&S (sorry to our US Pals), will make a change from my Spinach and ricotta cannelloni when i’m too lazy to prepare something from scratch.

My fast is going well too, am looking forward to my salad with green beans, egg and feta cheese this evening. Have been out in the garden mowing the grass and sweeping up copious amounts of leaves!! A double gain hopefully, as a kind of exercise and no temptation – well unless you find wriggly worms and fat grubs appealing!!!

A new White Stuff catalogue plopped on the mat this morning – there is an utterly gorgeous dress, my son said “why don’t you buy it Mummy?!” Then I thought I can’t don’t know what size to get, so am going to cut it out and stick it on the fridge as an extra incentive. If I make another stone, or have just got much smaller, will treat myself before my Finnish holiday in August 🙂

Wow there are a lot of us fasting today – keep going everyone.

x

Hi LD,

that sounds delicious! I will have to take a look in M&S for it. It is nice to try different foods on fast day with the relevant calories as get bored of having the same foods, need some variety 🙂

Morning all – where is everyone today!! I had a good fast day yesterday and I am on my no carbohydrate week to give my weight loss a boost. I have to be honest I have been a bit slack of late and I should really have lost more than I have by now but I am most definitely back on track. I have 7 weeks to lose 14 lbs which I am determined to do as I want to feel good on my holiday in June.

The good news is though I haven’t done any real damage as my jeans are still really lose and the rest of my clothes are too so we will see when I have my next official weigh in on 2 May.

Hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather and are looking forward to the Easter break.

Speak later 🙂

Morning everyone and JF.

You are certainly back with a bang! Great stuff. I felt the same after being quite slack in March because of my birthday, being ill, and a change in job etc I wasn’t on it like I was in Jan and Feb. But I have upped the exercise, did a run on Thursday, Friday, gym on Saturday and Sunday and went for a run this morning so feeling great and wearing my jeans I couldn’t wear before Christmas to remind me! Full speed ahead for my holiday in a few weeks time! I plan on doing another run on Thursday morning as well. I think weight loss works best for me when I balance everything with regular exercise – I don’t think I can cut calories only and lose a lot of weight.

What do you tend to have on non-fast days may I ask? x

Also, I thought I would share with you ladies: I bought a pair of size 10 shorts yesterday… I admit they are on the tight side, I wouldn’t say they fit perfectly, but it’s progress! Planning on being able to fit comfortably in them over the next few months, fingers crossed!

Excellent LD – size 10 is amazing! I was in a bit of a rush this morning and I haven’t had any breakfast so I have just had a handful of almonds now to keep me going! I have prawns for lunch and then tonight I am out for dinner and plan to have chicken or steak with salad. I will have one glass of wine (it is only Tuesday after all 🙂 ). On my non fast days, now that it is officially summer, I will probably have salad with bbq food like chicken, fish etc. At the weekends it can be anything as we tend to eat out. I do like Thai food and hubby likes Indian so maybe we will have one of those over the Easter weekend.

What do you eat on non fast days?

Thanks JF, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves, the size 10 is still tight, I wouldn’t say it fits me perfectly but I wanted to get them so I have something to aim for!

I am generally a lot better in the week day than on the weekends, but today I’ve had mangos, blueberries and strawberries for breakfast (had that about 10 min ago and always try to eat as late as possible). For lunch I’ve got a prawn and chicken noodle salad from M&S (can you tell I love M&S food?) which I think is around 290 calories. I’ve got some pop chips as well but they’re just in case I end up working late tonight and needing a little something to nibble on before dinner. Then I will typically have steak and lots of mushrooms and veggies, or last weekend I had bangers and a tiny bit of mash with tons of broccoli.

However, tonight I am having guests over and they have specially requested my macaroni and cheese, so I will be eating that tonight (hence going for a run this morning to reduce damage) and I’ll be firmly back to a fast day on Wednesday. I figured it’s not too awful because I imagine my breakfast was around 150 calories at most, my lunch is under 300 so even if my dinner is 1000 calories, I am still under 1,500 for the day (not forgetting the 500 I burnt this morning)? What do you reckon?

Morning girls,

am waiting excitedly for my new laptop to arrive!! Curses I have to go out in a mo, bet it comes while I’m out!!

Wow Little D – size 10 (trumpet fanfare in background), how amazing are you 🙂

On a non fast day I tend to have an egg on toast or crispbread with a little something on top, soup or salad for lunch and then whatever I’m making for the kids for dinner.

Now having sounded all virtuous am off to have cake with my friends!!!

x

Hilly66 – I am certainly not amazing, I wouldn’t say I am a size 10 yet but I feel like I will be getting there in a few months time. Fingers crossed!

Enjoy cake, you absolutely deserve it – that’s exactly what I love about the 5:2 – being able to have treats around the fasts! This is what I am telling myself about dinner tonight which will NOT be low calorie, ahh! x

Yes that will be definitely be fine I always walk at the weekends, typically up to 10 or 15 miles so I think then it is ok to have a bit extra. Like you my March was not great and with my business trip last week it all went a bit pear shaped. Also I haven’t been exercising and I can feel it so back running tomorrow and Thursday for me. Lots of walking on Friday and Saturday so should help boost it all.

You must give me your recipe for your MC as my hubby loves it!! 🙂

Well, as long as we are both firmly back on track, that’s all that matters!

My macaroni and cheese recipe is so easy! I learnt to do it on BBC Good Food but I have since adapted my recipe to what I prefer.

Here we go:

500g macaroni pasta
    300g mature cheddar
    150g parmesan cheese
    pint of semi skimmed
    butter (about 3 tablespoons)
    handful of plain flour

Serves 4-6

Boil the pasta and while that’s cooking, prepare the sauce. Melt the butter, add in the flour, and it’ll create a paste (called a roux) Then gradually add the milk, little by little, and keep stirring, allowing the paste and milk to come together. Once the sauce is smooth, add a couple of handfuls of grated cheddar and the parmesan. The sauce will thicken, add salt and pepper. Sometimes I fry up and add pancetta ham, depending on who’s having it and what they prefer, completely up to you – it adds a nice kick to it though if you like that. Then add the pasta to the sauce, and give it a good stir. Then pour it out into a big oven tray, add another couple of handfuls of grated cheese on top, and put it in the oven (180 degrees) for about 25 minutes and until the cheese on top is browned. The easiest recipe ever.

To be honest I never really know how my cheese exactly I use – I just go on taste, you can add more or less depending on how cheesy you like it! Some people prefer to use whole milk or cream instead of semi skimmed milk but again, it’s all about preference. Hope your hubby enjoys it and let me know how you get on!

Thanks LD that sounds lovely – I think he would definitely like the pancetta twist!

Where are you staying in NY – have you been before? 🙂

No worries, happy to share – hardly suitable for a fast day! Haha. We are staying in an apartment we rented in Brooklyn, we had a look at the hotels and I couldn’t believe my eyes at how expensive it was! Apartments are MUCH cheaper! I have never been before so I am really excited!

I know hotels are mad in NY. Have you ever heard of Airbnb – it is a site for private rentals and it is extremely popular https://www.airbnb.co.uk

Better go off and do some work – speak later!! 🙂 x

Yes, I have, we used AirBnB to book the apartment and have used it a few times in the past with other holidays, and it’s brilliant – much prefer it to paying some massive hotel chain hundreds of pounds to add to their already booming profit. Plus with apartments you get your own flat with a kitchen etc so can cook if you want.

Me too, I spend too much time on this site sometimes! x

We have used AirBnB twice.The first time in 2011 for an apartment in Brooklyn, whereabouts in Brooklyn is your place, Little Dragon? I’m so, so jealous, I love NYC. Our second AirbBnB apartment was in Amsterdam last summer.In both cases, great, slightly quirky, accommodation, very professional service, very pleasant and helpful hosts. Would definitely use them again.

Hello Herma! I agree with you – this will be my third time using AirBnB and both previous times we have had really great experiences with it and a whole ton cheaper than hotels. I didn’t know it was around in 2011, I think it has really taken off in the last year or two though, and there are adverts everywhere for it.

We are staying somewhere quite close to Prospect Park, I am really looking forward to it! Brooklyn is meant to be beautiful. To be honest I am glad we aren’t staying in the hustle and bustle – we are there for 2 weeks so it’ll be nice to get a break from the city 🙂

Afternoon everyone

again a big thank you to all of you with the good wishes,you are all so kind 🙂 xx

hope you are all ok, I have been catching up on all the posts 🙂 LD you will love NY, I did, I went there in 2008, I have a friend who lives in Queens..i had never walked so much in my life!!
    size 10 is looming, I told you 🙂 great stuff.. I came back this morning, my dad is still in the same place and still receiving dialysis, according to docs he will have to have regular 3 times a week dialysis.. they are still trying to find out what caused the kidney to fail, apart from the diabetes,another doctor says it could be due to an anitibiotic my dad took.. I just don’t understand why they don’t check up with his local doctor and get his files sent there!! so the waiting game carries on…
    on a happier note my doggies were so excited to see me lol..

anyway, who’s fasting today? sorry I didn’t quite take it all in, I am doing a 16.8 and tomorrow as well.. and fasting Thursday..

take care all and have a good afternoon! xx

We were just opposite Prospect Park, LittleDragon. While it was lovely in daylight,there are warnings to keep away from it by night.

Your host isn’t Marc Mann, by any chance? We never met him but he kept in constant touch via email. He’s quite famous as a dancer and choreographer. His was the quirky place and we loved it. Just one problem. Marc is around 6ft3in and I’m only 5ft 1in so all the shelves and cupboards were built for someone his height. Our first, rather plaintive, email to him was to ask whether there was a step-ladder somewhere in the flat. There was, thank goodness.

Couldn’t agree more about hotel rates in NYC – £100 or more with a shared bathroom down the hall. As Mr McEnroe would put it – they cannot be serious!!
    For one recommendation for dinner on a non-fast day see the link, including one review by yours truly. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g60827-d2664287-Reviews-MangoSeed-Brooklyn_New_York.html

Hi Herma, no I don’t think that’s our host, pretty sure of it. Sounds like you had a really interesting stay. I am really glad we aren’t throwing our money away on a hotel. And thank you for the tip, I’ll check it out (I am not fasting while I am out there I have decided!)

Somehow I didn’t think you would be fasting. I most certainly wouldn’t. Not to worry, like Angie (hi,Angie!) I had never walked so much in my life, apart from my previous trip to the New York, so you’ll probably more than compensate for the missed fast days. Anyway, you can always climb back on the waggon when you get home.

Our visit to NYC was part of month-long tour of the USA, my reward for completing the conversion course that led on to the Art History MA of which I’m now in the final stages. We began in Chicago, which for me is a fairly close runner-up to New York, then made our way through Amish country in Northern Indiana, then driving south as far as North Carolina, and then up the east side to finish in New York. If I pass the MA hopefully there’ll be enough money in the piggy bank to take another such trip. My OH still hankers after driving Route 66, so maybe, just maybe…

Woo hoo – very excited with my fab new laptop (though a little sad, as it isn’t pink like my old trusty one!!)

Have had an ok day, run went out of the window was out with my friends for the entire afternoon, brief look at my laptop and then off to watch my daughter diving!!

So tomorrow need to get my butt out of bed early and off to do my 3rd run of Couch to 5K, then off to Kingston to meet my sister in law and nieces and nephews followed by Spiderman!!

Will be fasting on Thursday.

Have an excellent Fasting Day any of you fasting tomorrow.

x

PS Can’t remember who said mid June for a meet but that is fine by me and a Friday evening or Saturday as suggested by Angie is good for me too.

PPS Sorry it’s still frustrating getting your Dad sorted out Angie but I’m sure they will get there. Dialysis 3 times a week is tough but Dad will cope xxx

morning everyone

hope you are all well, Hilly thank you so much for thinking of my dad, I spoke to Sophie last night( dad’s lady friend lol) and hopefully docs said he will be sent to a ward when he gets better, its encouraging so I am holding on to that 🙂 wow well done on all that running Hilly! I can walk miles but run I cant, am a wuss grrrrrrrrrrrr
    and yes it would be lovely to meet up, and put faces to names 🙂
    I am fasting tomorrow too, doing a 16.8 today but to be honest I am very hungry now, didn’t eat much last night… I haven’t gone near the scales yet, but when I do and I like what I see 🙂 then its maintenance mode for me, and take it from there.. i’ll always fast once a week so its very manageable…
    and the beauty of 5.2 is that if need be you can go back and do 2 fasts a week again..
    oh dear sorry for the ramblings grrr, its a lovely sunny day so far so I hope you all can enjoy some, I will be back at work on Friday, all weekend and Monday too, but its should be fine traffic wise as its holiday..

have a good day gang and fasters stay strong!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

oh and hi back at you Herma!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when are you coming to the Tate? 🙂 xx

Morning all

Angie, good to have you back here. I hope the visit to your dad has made you feel a bit better about things. I assume you’re back in England now? Was it a good visit?

I am fasting today – anyone else?

This morning I am wearing a top that was on the tight side for me a while ago – the sleeves used to strangle my bingo wings but today it fits pretty well and there’s no straining over the boob area (I think we have all been there, haha). So I’m pretty happy about that. I also saw someone I’ve not seen in 6 weeks yesterday and the first thing she said to me was ‘you look great, have you lost weight?’ which was really great to hear!

Hope everyone has a good day – I’m hoping for another fast day like Monday as I didn’t find it too difficult at all. I’ve got my pork and vegetable mooli ribbon wraps for lunch, and maybe a veggie moussaka and salad for dinner.

Had a massive dinner of macaroni and cheese with oven fried chicken, and some chocolate tart so really glad to be detoxing again today. I was lying in bed feeling so incredibly full, it was horrible – I really hate that feeling!

Morning all what a lovely day it is! LD I am also fasting today; I met my friend for dinner last night and I was pretty good but I did have some chocolate when I got home (very bad :)) Anyway I was still under my daily allowance – just!!

Angie glad your Dad is doing well you must feel better having seen him.

Hilly66 it was me who suggested meeting in mid June I was thinking we could do a Thursday but if that doesn’t suit you Angie I can also do a Friday – what about Thursday 19 or Friday 20 June? LD and Shelly can you do that? I think if we are going to do it we should decide on a date so it is confirmed 🙂 xxx

hi there peeps!

LD thank you for asking of my dad, I came back yesterday morning, I did post a longish message 🙂 he is ok, not much change as yet but docs are now trying to find out what caused the failure, so doing more tests and checking what medicines he has been prescribed…so its the waiting game… he was so moved when he saw me he cried the poor thing, and I couldn’t really hug him as I wanted because of all the bits he has on his body 🙁
    I am hopeful he will be sent a normal ward soon…and I want to go back as soon as possible too…and the car made it and back lol!!

That’s is great about the top, I love it when you start noticing clothes feel much better, its the best indicator to weight loss!! and your colleague’s comment, what a fab boost too!! LD you are a on roll 🙂 xx

JFitzy the 20th June is fine by me, its my son’s birthday but I do know I wont see him on the day but more likely the weekend 🙂

I am so hungry I am counting the minutes to midday grrrrrrrrrrrr… hope all the fasters are doing good and staying strong..
    have a lovely day and take care xxxxxx

Ok great Angie – 20th June it is then. Who else?

🙂 xxx

good morning ladies! Angie, I hope your father will continue to improve and they get some answers soon. I can’t run either by the way – a few times I’ve tried to take it up but as soon as I do I get pain in my knees ankles or feet. Apparently I was designed to walk, not run.

LD, my dad grew up in Brooklyn! My mom says it was not exactly beautiful or a vacation spot at that time though LOL. I hope you have a great trip.

I fasted yesterday which was a little tough but I got through it. I went about 150 calories over in the end, but I don’t worry about that too much. Today I’m going to relax about food and eat what I want, and then back on the fast tomorrow.

It got cold again here – a dusting of snow on my porch this am. This after I was gardening in shorts over the weekend.

hi Kilda and many thanks to you too for my dad’s good wishes 🙂

not heard anything new so far today, so hopefully things will start to improve..
    I am like you I think, I was born to walk hehe!! I am a fast walker though and that used to drive my poor mum crazy when pout together 🙂
    cant believe you are still having snow!!
    don’t worry about going over your cals on fast days, I almost always do, not my too much but its still good as the deficit is there!

have a lovely day and take care xxx

hope everyone is having a good afternoon! xxx

Hi everyone,

has been such a lovely day, can’t believe the wonderful weather we’re having for the school holidays.

Subject to being able to get a baby sitter the 20th June is good for me (Friday 13th or Friday 27th would be easier, as wouldn’t then need a baby sitter), so put me down 🙂

Snow that’s amazing Kilda, Spring has definitely sprung over the Atlantic.

No fasting for me today but have been good anyway.

Went with my sister-in-law and her kids to see the new Spider-man Film today – really enjoyed it, though did have a bit of a cry as couldn’t help but think of my ex (he’s comic fanatic), however when I came out of the cinema he had put quite an acerbic comment about the fact hadn’t gone with him on FB, I posted was going to offer to go again and he responded wanted to go with me and my kids – humph – it’s the relationship with me he needs to repair not them!!! Not sure what is going to happen there, really wanted to stay close friends and am finding it hard because there are reminders of him wherever I turn but he is making me feel like he is the only one suffering and there is an underlying bitterness!! May have to break all contact, which would be very tough for me!

Oh god my apologies for my long rant!!

I sometimes go slightly over on my fast days too but I don’t worry about it too much.

x

Evening Hilly..

Please dont worry the 20th or 27th is fine by me 🙂 i am sorry you are still feeling fragile re your ex, its never easy when so much emotional stuff is still going on in your head… It sounds to me as if you need to talk to him and tell him how you have been feeling, get it all out of your system, i dont know the full story so i dont want to assume things… But you defo are not over the guy, it hurts i know, are you sure you want to remain friends and remain in contact knowing how you feel? I know somehow you will work it out, but anytime you want to rant please go for it lol!! I am always ready to lend an ear 🙂

No news re my dad but he is fine, he is eating more each day, which is good…

Well have a good evening, take care and stay strong 🙂 xxx

Good morning everyone, am a bit surprised to be the first poster of the day!!

Thanks Angie, you’re right definitely not over things but nor do I wish to go back! His petulant display yesterday kind of sums it up really – he has since apologised but these things keep happening and with my two and a full time job etc, it’s too much.

Any news from France this morning?

I was going to fast today but kids want to go for a Paninni for lunch and my will power isn’t strong enough to sit and watch them eating one!! Might give it a go tomorrow, they’re with their Dad and I’m thinking of going to the British Museum to see the Viking exhibition.

Any fasters today?

Morning world!! 🙂

hope you are all well, Hilly I spoke to sis last night, dad is fine, he ate well in the evening but still had dialysis and from what the docs have said he will have to continue with it long term :-(I

One day the right guy will come along and you’ll wonder what you saw in the other 🙂 have fun at the museum, sounds like good fun!!

I should be fasting today, but I feel like am going to do another 16.8 instead, it sorts of suits me better… to be honest right now loosing weight isn’t high on my priority list, a few lbs is nothing really and when I started this I did mainly for all the health reasons… I call it my detox day haha!! my BMI is healthy and after almost 8 years, still a size 10 uk, and 8 uk tops… ok, sorry guys, I didn’t mean to brag or anything, I just want you all to know that it is possible to go from size 16 to a 10 and maintain, it takes a bit of work, of course it does, but I promise you you never go back to how you were before re in the way of eating!
    but that’s not to say I don’t treat myself lol, oh no, I love chocolate… and I eat it 🙂 I just make sure I burn off what I eat in excess and usually that’s enough..

hope everybody has a good day,sunny again so enjoy it of you can!
    take care all xxxxxx

Angie, good to hear Dad is eating, bummer about the dialysis for him.

You’re an inspiration, size 10 bottom and 8 top – has been decades since I was there!

However I do feel very much better and more importantly IF seems to suit me. Of course I want to lose weight but for me that’s very much tied to my weight – am pretty healthy generally but was obese – the one thing I can do to really help my future health is to get smaller. Both my parents have high blood pressure, my Mum has coronary artery disease (had 2 bi-passes a few years ago, then a stent after a heart attack) and Dad has type 1 diabetes, so those are the “joys” I’m trying to avoid. But well on my way 🙂

PS Sunny today, tomorrow and Saturday, so make the most of it everyone 🙂

Hilly I am sure you ARE going to reach your goal in no time, or even in more time lol, because you are so positive and determined, and that is half the battle!
    I am sorry to hear about your parents, I understand perfectly the concern for your own health, my mum had diabetes too, she was born with one kidney and was having dialysis when she passed away… I miss her so much still, even though its been almost 5 years.. I wish your mum and dad well, its not easy when facing so much health problems but with good care and a lovely daughter like you am sure they are doing well 🙂

take care and enjoy this lovely sun! have a lovely day xxx

Morning all – what a fab day it is. Cannot wait until lunchtime and then I am off until Tuesday! I haven’t been in London for Easter for years so looking forward to chilling out at home with hubby and enjoying the garden. Mind you not on Sunday it is supposed to be pouring rain and windy – good excuse to eat yummy food and watch Breaking Bad!! I love that series it is absolutely brilliant.

I can do 27th June too if that suits you better Hilly just let me know when and where.

LD can you come too? Anybody else?

What plans does everybody else have for the weekend? 🙂

Hi everyone wow ive missed alot! I have sick for a few days food posioning I think but feeling a bit beter today which is good. Will go to the park in a bit enjoy this weather.

Angie really glad your dad is well

Hilly it sucks to break up with someone but I agree with angie u will meet someone who will put your ex more to shame.

I am up for meeting up sounds good X

27th is easier for me.

Don’t know venues in London that well, so maybe those of you that work in London could suggest a venue.

It is indeed a beautiful day – off out for lunch with my two. Grr not looking forward to going back next week.

Keep enjoying the day everyone.

x

ohh dear, everyone seems to be doing really well and I appear to have fallen off the wagon in a fairly spectacular manner. This week I appear to have been on some sort of mission to consume my own body weight in wine. Have also done a lot of travelling and client entertaining and therefore not been to the gym at all.

Haven’t dared step on the scales as am too scared of what I will see. Have decided that I will scratch this week and start with a clean slate next week (although am fairly sure that I said that last week as well). Must must get back into the swing of it and also start going back to the gym.

In the meantime hope everyone has a great weekend – not long to go now!!

hi Jenki!

its ditto for me re the fasting lol, was meant to do one today but I ended up doing a 16.8 instead… I am experimenting these days 🙂 and see what works best for me…so don’t worry too much, starting anew might acutally give the weight loss a boost!

have a lovely afternoon and weekend yourself, enjoy! xxx

Hi and t Jenki,

don’t worry about a few weeks off track, it’s a long term thing and we’re all bound to have days or weeks when things go a bit wrong!! But our secret weapon is that it is always there for us and we no longer have to feel guilty about being normal – we can just get back on track when we’re ready.

Went out for a lovely walk with the kids this afternoon, went to a local wood, full of bluebells, wild garlic, violets and the birds were chirping away. We walked almost 4 miles and we all enjoyed it.

Fast day tomorrow, think I will go to London so will have breakfast and then maybe check out Marks and Spencer for tea or else skip breakfast. Am looking forward to a chilled out day.

Shelly sorry to hear you’ve been unwell, what rotten luck, especially food poisoning – hope you’re feeling much better now.

x

Thanks hilly I am feeling so much better today thanks took my baby niece to the park was really nice and looking forward to my friend’s wedding tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will still be good as its in a country manor house so will be a really pretty wedding. Your walk sounds really lovely X

Evening all!!

Hope everyone had a good day, Shelly am glad you are feeling better, and am sure you will have a gorgeous day tomorrow, enjoy!!

My dad is doing much better today, he actually sat on a chair and he is in good spirits, if this continues he will be transferred to a proper ward as early next tuesday.. Again i want to thank everyone with their words and wishes, really helped!!

Have a lovely Easter weekend all of you, i will be working 🙂 enjoy some choccie eggs!!! Xxxx

Good Evening everyone,

hope work wasn’t too crazy today Angie.

I hope the rest of you have had a good time with your family and friends.

Has been a quiet day for me – my two went to their Dad’s. Have been fasting today. Didn’t have anything at all today, besides some skimmed milk in my tea, until about 5 this afternoon! Quite surprised myself, even went for a run too. Had a delicious M&S Count on us fish pie (304 calories) for dinner. Seemed like heaven.

Hope everyone is ok.

x

Hi everyone

I just wanted to update you on my dad’s and please send positive vibes his way..
    fluid build up in his lungs and the docs couldn’t flush out all the toxins/water do they had to induce him into sleep, to get the dialysis to work faster, my poor dad didn’t want to, breaks my heart after all hes already been through 🙁 so the waiting carries, but he was doing so well just a day before, sitting on a chair and in god spirits!
    I am at work but my manager has been great and is allowing me some time this morning, also should I need to leave then I can of course…

I am sorry its not happier news, I wish to God it was… have a lovely weekend everyone, and a good Ester too…take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and thanks a million in advance for the good wishes xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good morning everybody,

oh Angie what can I say?! Poor Dad and I feel for you and your family waiting anxiously for more news. Once they have flushed out the toxins and allowed him to wake up, he should feel a lot better.

Hugs, prayers and more hugs to you Angie xxx

Thank you so much Hilly!

my sister just told me he is still asleep, but they he is having dialysis, they have to otherwise water will fill his lungs again 🙁

the night went ok, so hopefully that’s a good sign..

hope your day is a good one, I cant wait to go home now, I finish at 6pm, so not too long grrrrrrrrrr
    take care, have a lovely afternoon, and thank you again xxxxxxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,646 total)

You must be logged in to reply.