Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – September Challenge – Let's Crack the Whip this Month

This topic contains 406 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 407 total)

• Welcome aboard all the Little Voices for this new month of September

Please confirm your continuance on our “Journey to Skinny” and I’ll add you to our List, set some simple goals for the month, plan your Fast Days each week, stick to the plan and see the inches melt away over the next 30 days.

It’s only 116 days to Christmas (17 weeks) so on the 5:2 plan that’s 34 fast days, maybe 40 if you maybe toss in one or two additional ones along the way. 17 weeks could see 10 or 15lbs of weight reduction for some people who are serious about their goals, what would that mean to you by December, what new clothes could we all fit into with 15lbs off the old body? What great comments would we get from loved ones when they see the new you. These are the things that make this WOL so beneficial, not to mention how we fell within ourselves being 15lbs lighter as well.

I look forward to hearing from you over these next 30 days, keep the stories coming, the good news and all the goals being kicked every week. Cheers, Mike

Action hero: I’m with you for September! My goal is 4lbs for this month. I weighed this morning and I’d put on a pound from yesterday so I’ll be starting at 139.
    Here goes!

Morning! Looking forward to joining in for September! I’m in the middle of my first week on the plan and I feel great! Cannot believe how much energy I have! Fruit tea has been an absolute life saver!! Really surprised that the gym doesn’t seem harder even on fast days – in fact it’s better! Started on 152lbs would love to shift 4 for the month if not more but I know slow and steady is the best way! Overall target to reach in 12 months is 126lbs. Good luck everyone! Oh if anyone has any good recipes for 200 cals that are convenient to take to work i’d be really grateful! πŸ™‚ x

Hi AC

great minds – have set myself a two stone loss for Christmas, on the basis that if I only manage half, thats a stone and possibly a dress size!

I decided to start 5:2 after buying a size 22 top for a New Year’s party,ok it was a bit too big but the trousers I wore had been too big for about two years, and they were a perfect fit – I weighed 201 lbs. I could see a pattern forming. Took me another month to get going, and a fair bit of yoyoing, Could write a book on how to lose and gain the same 5 lbs. But enough is enough!!!!!

Down to size 16, and hubby says I look like a bag lady in my size 16 jeans. Would be too marvellous for words to fit into a size 14 or even a 12 this New year!!!

Starting slowly this month, finding out what I can eat with no gall bladder, a lot upsetting my tum, so having another dry month.

Starting at 165 – put me down for 7lbs. Upset tums might be a bonus for weightloss, you never know!

Here’s a little bit of motivation to kick September off…. (yes I know it’s still August in some parts of the other world but read and enjoy the feeling)

“September, new month, new goals, new start, let’s not waste it…”

Silversue, Boglett (still love that name), milena, thanks for coming on board again, great goals, I’m picking together we certainly won’t be wasting this month together, well done ladies.

I’m in for 2 pounds this month.

I’d love to join the ‘Journey to Skinny’ group!

I started 4:3 3 weeks ago and have lost 9lbs (6 in the first week, 0 in the second and 3 in the third). I’d like to lose another 4lbs in September! I have set my fast days as Monday and Thursday and then give myself the option of having another one on Saturday. I’m loving the increased energy and mental clarity this is giving me!

Thanks AH! I’m ready to join the September slimmers! Hoping to donate at least 3 kgs to our mascot.

Hello Action Hero and all. What a yukky wet start to our NZ Spring – rain all day today.

I am set to donate 2.5kg (that’s 5.5lbs to you imperial measurement folks) to whomever we nominate this month – didn’t someone nominate Attila the Ton a while back?

And can someone remind me who else is on for the plank challenge?

Hi Action Hero, thanks for taking charge (we need it!) I pledge 5lbs this month. Kx

Well done everyone so far, thanks for your entries.

Slim2be, I’ve put your 3kgs down as 7lbs, I’ve set my spreadsheet up in pounds rather than kgs seeing as most of our wonderful friends are still in the dark ages regarding imperial weights rather than metric. Report back to me any way you like, I have a good online conversion table.

VeggieKate, you are off to a great start, it’s quite normal to slow down after the initial burst of weight reductions so keep focussed and keep enjoying your Journey to Skinny.

Oops, forgot, Am also ready for the plank challenge… Started yesterday.

Good morning everyone, great to see familiar names, and also some new ones, welcome to the best, most inspiring thread on this site. (Wow, my internet language is expanding, as slowly as my weight loss! LOL)

My goal for September is to reduce my weight by 3.1/4lbs. That will take me to 9st 5lbs, en route to 9stone eventually.

Also a special new dress in a size 12 is my inspiration to getting there. Wish me luck everyone, as I wish you all my luck, and thanks Action for taking us on. Here we go……….TTL

Morning all. I cannot believe the summer is over!! Let’s hope for an Indian summer in September and October πŸ™‚

I had a gain of 4lbs for the month of August which I am pretty pleased about considering I didn’t fast and was eating and drinking a lot!

So Action Hero my goal for September is 8lbs which is the reduction of my 4lbs gain and an additional 4lbs!! I am also not going to have a drink until 18 September which is the start of the Rugby World Cup. I normally don’t drink Monday to Thursday anyway so it shouldn’t be too hard (eek!!)

Hi AH and all. Thanks for taking up the torch AH. I am in for the plank challenge – gives me an excuse to keep posting to this thread :-). I have met goal, actually I am 2 lbs below. For those of you just starting out, this WOL works! I began at the end of January at 152 lbs and I am now 122.7 lbs, so just a little shy of 30 lbs. The first 22 or so lbs came off quickly, the last 8 lbs took an eternity, but they are finally gone, gone, gone.

Also for the newbies – after the initial 22 lbs, I had regained some confidence and plucked up the courage to join an on-line dating site at the end of July. I now have a new squeeze in my life and am really over the moon (as you Brits say).

Plank Challenge: Day 1, 30 seconds done.

Take care all.

Ooh yes I forgot to say I started the plank challenge yesterday; I used to do them quite a bit in the gym but the thought of doing one for 5 minutes is quite daunting to say the least I have managed 2 minutes before so let’s see!!

Good luck to all this month.

Hi Dj

life is on the up!

Excuse my ignorance – what is the plank challenge?

Hi DJ, great result for August. 2lb under goal is impressive! Don’t think my poor old bod would withstand the plank challenge, but am continuing with aquafit and Pilates once a week. I promise, promise, promise to do my HIT exercise on my rebounder every day too! There, I have said it to you all now so must keep it up!
    Feeling good about September. Just about cut out un natural carbs now so hope I can keep it up. Let’s go for it girls……….and boys! WE CAN DO THIS!

Hi Action Hero.

I think this is just what I need.

I lost a few pounds recently then on holiday put them back on. Started fasting again today and back to work tomorrow, so normal routines resumed!

Would love to lose 4lb, want to get under 10 stone. Weighed 10st 3lb this morning.

Good luck everyone. πŸ™‚

Hi

I am in for September and pledge 2.5 kg. Will give you my starting point later tonight after weigh in and celebrations, hopefully, in making my goal for August.

Well done DJ for making goal – it gives those of us starting out on this journey hope – it can be done. Fast days are Mondays and Thursdays for me. Not sure if I could do the plank challenge as such but what if I pledge to do a plank each day for 20 – 30 secs would that count? and no knows I maybe able to increase it but I don’t think I could do five minutes.

Hi all. I have just started the 5:2 this week and am actually hoping to make it a 4:3 just to get myself going. My first fast day was yesterday and it went well. I plan to incorporate 16:8 on feast days as I am not much of a breakfast eater and two meals a day seems to work well for me.

I want to lose 10-15lbs so this September challenge looks like a great way to start. Looking forward to being a part of this thread!

Hi, September challengers! I didn’t make my goal last month and we have two trips planned in September so I’m not going to overdo my hopes for myself: I’m aiming for 3 lbs this month (which is what I managed to do in August).

I’m down 23 lbs so far (since April 30) and I have 18 lbs to go.

I’m in for the plank challenge.

Can I join and ok I’m pretty new but my goal is 5 pounds this month. Fasting Sunday and Wednesday.

I’d like to join in this month too. I’ve been doing 5:2 for just over 2 months and I’ve lost about 12 lbs. Currently my weight is fluctuating between 165 and 168 depending on whether I weigh after a fast or a non-fasting day. I haven’t lost anything over the last 2 weeks as I’ve been on holiday and ate what I liked and didn’t fast. I really want to raise my game this month. I’m cutting out refined sugar and plan to reduce carbs. I’ll also try 16:8 on my non-fasting days. I’m aiming for a 6 lb loss this month.

Hi AH and all you Little Voices. I am signing up for the September Crack the Whip Challenge. Official weigh in this morning was 9st 2. I am pledging a measly 2 pounds this month as I don’t want to set the bar too high following a “maintenance” July and a 2-pound-gain August. These past two months despite having fasted two days every week (even 3 days on a couple of weeks) the last half stone to target has seemed very unattainable. I know it’s because of what I put in my mouth on NF days and my goal this month is to address these days more seriously.

My suggestion for the Mascot of the Month is Jelly Belly or Jelly Baby.

Looking forward to hearing from all the regular Little Voices and of course any newcomers – and remember to keep our leader Mike (aka Action Hero) happy by adding/updating your profile. Oops, just remembered I’ve had a birthday so need to update mine!!

Hi everyone, so happy to read all the goals for this month. This will keep me motivated to get rid of 6 pounds this month. I only lost 3 pounds last month and I am still up from a little gain in July. It snowed today on my sons first day of school. You have to love northern Canada, this will make it easy to go to the gym. I am on my last 10 pounds so I am really hoping to push myself this month. Good luck everyone. Let’s all catch up to DJ

Hi All

Starting September challenge at 78.8 kg having lost 2.5 kg in August, yeah! Have already set my target for another 2.5 kg for September. Feeling nervously excited!

Hey everyone, I am most definitely up for a challenge this month. I am aiming for a 6lb reduction.

I gained 3lb in August as I was completely off the beaten track and roaming too many sugary platters.

I have PCOS and I know fasting is one of the most effective way to improve insulin sensitivity. So I would like to commit to improving my health and to whittling my waist with daily planks.

Good luck to all πŸ™‚

Thanks to AH for helping us focus

Please put me know for 3.5 pounds. I’m starting at 174.5.

I’ve been very slow but steady, so this is ambitious for me!!!

Good luck, everyone!

This is a great idea! Thank you AH, I would love to join this challenge for September. I started the 5:2 at the end of July and have lost 7lbs so far.

My goal for September is 3lbs but I’m hoping for more. Definitely minimum of 3lbs.

My fast days are Tuesday and Thursday and occasionally I add an additional day if I’ve over-indulged on my non-fast days :-).

I’m in for the plank challenge too but not for 5mins. I managed just under 2mins today and will aim to increase my stamina to 5 mins by the end of September.

Good luck everyone.

Great to see so many plankers!! I have just done my day 2 – 20 seconds. I am starting slowly, sticking to the timetable on the challenge website and hoping a miracle will happen and I’ll be at 300 seconds by the end of the month (and of course my specified 2.5kg (5.5lb) lighter.

Thank you chipmunk, I didn’t realise that there was a timetable. I have now checked out the website and I, too, will follow the timetable on the challenge website and build up to 300 seconds by the end of the month. πŸ™‚

Morning all (or evening all if you live in those other places where you are always half a day behind).

Help…. I think I need a Secretary, just updating all you lovely people who are signing in for September and my Spreadsheet is growing by the hour, really great to see so many new names coming on board, looks like the Little Voices are becoming well known within this great FD Community so welcome everybody, whereever in the world you may be

Thank you Upa for the little reminder to everyone about a simple update to your FD Profile, just the City/Town and Country where you live is good and anything else that you think might interest people. Maybe a couple of goals you want to kick by Christmas would be good for everyone to read.

Your short term goals are always good to write down and have on show for people to see, it helps with those A, O, and R words (Accountable, Ownership, Responsible) when it comes to reviewing your fasting results because on this Forum we don’t use the B, E, and D words (Blame, Excuses, Denile) for the results we achieve or fail to achieve.

Whatever happens always happens because we make the decisions that produce the outcomes. So if those decisions we make produce a couple of extra pounds on the butt then we take ownership of the decisions and we don’t blame or make excuses why it happened, it’s just part of our journey that we learn from and move on. It’s always hard taking off the same couple of pounds that came off last week/month and each time should make us more resolute not to let it happen again.

Well done to all you “Plankers” (that sounds a bit grubby eh?) but you know what I mean for all who have committed to this exercise programme. Chipmunk might like to run replies and support to any on this Challenge and answer any questions that are raised in posts made.

I’ll update our List and let you know a total we are going to dump this month in the next couple of days once everyone has signed in.

The naming rites are still open atm, we have Atilla the Ton, Jelly Belly and Jelly Baby so far, any other suggestions…..

Take care everyone and just to let you all know, being a Kiwi I (as well as Chipmunk) both support the All Blacks for the upcoming Rugby World Cup so I must advise JFitzy we’ll have no ridiculous comments please about who will win the World Cup, it’s a foregone conclusion I’m afraid……

Happy to run replies and support for plankers – it will keep me on track and honest!

Yes, our AB team to dominate the World Cup Rugby has been announced and an excellent set of fine fellows they are (except I can’t warm to Sonny Bill – it might help if he’d stick to one code). AH, just between you and I, I hope we don’t have to end humble pie.

can’t wait to see our grand total to aim for, no matter who has naming rights!

I’ve done the Sept 1 plank: 20 seconds.

Way to go MaryWW – we’ll keep each other “on the plank”

I’m IN! I want my snug jeans to feel very loose in the waist by end of September Then I can buy a new pair come October! I’ve been working on my planks face down and on each side. Oooooooooo challenging! Thanks for all the tips and support from this amazing website! ???β˜•οΈ??. ( bunny as a pet! I’m vegan!!)
    Opal Shine!

Hi Opal Shine, great to have you on board in this very selective group of skinny thinking FD people. To be a full member of The Little Voices I need you to commit to a weight reduction goal for the month of September so I have put you down for 10lbs, if this isn’t enough let me know and I’ll increase it for you, after all I can picture those “snug jeans” getting nice and loose and 10lbs should do it nicely….. Cheers, Mike

Hi All
    I did my first ever fast day yesterday and I would like to join your gang!
    I am aiming to lose as much as possible but would love to see a 2 stone weight loss by Mid December.
    I am also going to join in on the plank plan too.
    Feeling excited. It wasnt too difficult yesterday!
    So put me down for a weight loss of 10 pounds for September.
    2 dress sizes by Dec 1st
    Lets do this!

if you eat humble pie is that best on a fast day or non fast day? lol

Quote from Action Hero:

“Take care everyone and just to let you all know, being a Kiwi I (as well as Chipmunk) both support the All Blacks for the upcoming Rugby World Cup so I must advise JFitzy we’ll have no ridiculous comments please about who will win the World Cup, it’s a foregone conclusion I’m afraid……”

Indeed AC we do know who is going to win it will be my brave boys in “green”. Come on IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚

Sign me up for some September torture! Goal is to be 140 by the end of the month, which is a 6 lb loss. Also gonna do the plank challenge, albeit one footed!

For my rewards, I have made up 6 index cards, one for each lb. lost, with a “prize” on it (haircut from posh salon, shopping spree at Victoria Secrets, etc). I put them on a bulletin board, and every time I lose a lb, that sucker is going in my purse as “cash”, to give myself permission to treat myself! Just something different to try!

I am happy that, only 15 lbs. from my ultimate goal, and the weight is still coming off.

Good luck to everyone this month! Let’s beat August!

Check out the post from Michael called “sugar is just the tip of the iceberg”. His wife made a diagram of all the things we eat that end up as sugar when digested. Think these things are healthy?? Think again!

Please note everyone that JFitzy has been fasting too intensely and it has produced some irrational statements, talking about men in green beating the mighty AB’s at the Rugby WC, so please be gentle with her, and everyone be aware that too much fasting can sometimes affect people in this manner….. LOL

I can see over the next few weeks there may be one or two who have an interest in all things Rugby so please don’t hold back, Chipmunk and I can handle it, any Jarpies or Ozzies in this group ??? We might have to start our own little Forum…. are the Poms playing in the WC or are they just hosting??? Plus there are the Red Dragons and the Bravehearts (we won’t mention the French). Anyone can find my email address in my profile if you wish to send messages to me discussing this subject in more depth.

Anyway, back to more “weighty issues”, we have 26 on the list to date for approx 140lbs (that’s 10 stone or 63.5kgs) or put another way 5.4lbs per person average. Can we do it????

There are some great goals and some great rewards listed too (Fit, we want pics please of the VS rewards when you purchase….)

Fitnfast has really set herself up well with some “pain and pleasure” rewards, little mini rewards for 1lb results, these make you feel sooooo good when they are achieved and make the going backwards too painful after so much hard work, well done Fit, we all look forward to hearing about your results.

This is what making yourself “accountable” is all about. Tell people what you are setting out to do, what those goals are, then it makes the job that much more real in the doing of it. Because people close to you will remind you about those few lbs per week/month that you said you were going to reduce, plus remember there is no “excuses, blame or denile” in this life any more, so there is only one result that matters, isn’t there???

I’ll do a final tally up tomorrow and advise the actual target we are all aiming for so until then take care and be strong, we are all amazing people who are achieving amazing results, cheers, Mike (and go the mighty AB’s)

AC if you have been reading things about the wonderful 5.2 WOL you will have gleaned that intense fasting in fact sharpens the brain so no “irrational statements” from me (ha ha) πŸ™‚

I look forward to continuing our banter sessions over the next few weeks and hope you won’t be too disappointed with the final result – I am sure you will be fine πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

I have a question for you veteran fasters: During a fast day if you have coffee with milk, say, or a cup of broth, are you still getting the benefits of fasting? I read somewhere that anything under 50 cals is okay. I realize you have to count those calories in your total 500, but if you are saving most of them for one meal you are truly ‘fasting’ for the remainder of the time. I just wonder if those small bits of caloric intake affect your fasting state.

I spent many years living in Australia. I’m not a rugby fan, but one thing I did learn is that the All Blacks deserve mad respect!!!!

First, AH, can I photoshop my face onto a VS model body for those pics?! I may be thinner, but I am a little long in the tooth!

Second, interesting little article, especially #3, for those of you who have a life!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/01/health/gallery/calorie-burning-activities/index.html

Third, loving60, I use cream and sweetener in my coffee, eat breath mints at 3 calories a piece, and chew gum all day. Maybe starting out, stick closer to the “rules” but I just can’t do that. Hit a 35 lb. loss since April so it isn’t hurting me (except if I think of it as “it could have been a 40 lb loss!”!

Hi AH – this will be my 2nd month and, yes please – I’m in both on the September and the plank challenge (although I will have to start today so will do 2 lots of 20 seconds – going to do side planks too). Managed to say goodbye (again) to those pesky 2 lbs that crept back on last week to slightly scupper my 5lb ledge last month (still happy to manage 3) so weighed in this morning at 75.7, which by my calculations is 11stone 13? so my pledge is 4lbs this month please? I am a big rugby supporter (England) and hubby is Ireland. Going to loads of games, so I know it’s going to be quite tricky over the next 2 months but with all of you here to encourage me and keep me going I think it’s doable. What a great bunch of people, love hearing the success stories from the ‘old’ crew, some of you at your goal – wow! does that mean it really is possible for a little 5’2 50 year old with a good 2 and half stone to lose really do it? Could I go into my fifties finally not always putting myself down, hating being in photos, feeling rubbish? I’m starting to believe it is possible. I really do actually enjoy my fasting days (on one today) and I agree with an earlier post, that I actually find it difficult to eat 3 meals now on non FDs (although I’m not going to lie I do still enjoy a glass or 2 πŸ˜‰ ) Good luck everyone – next weigh day is Monday 7th.

No doubt about it these coming weeks are going to be interesting and I don’t mean just about the weight loss! Everyone is in no doubt the AB’s are the team every nation want to beat as they are the best – they are incredible but can they be beaten – certainly. Ireland came so close at home a few seasons ago – it was in extra time when the AB’s snatched victory. Ireland are doing very well at the moment and I have high hopes of them doing well in the up and coming world cup. Lesson to all however from the AB’s – never give up, keep going and the result is worth celebrating. Also on accountability as I said in our August challenge we are a product of our decisions not our circumstances and we can all do it. Another mantra ‘If it is to be, it is up to me’. I am now going to take a leaf out of Fitnfast’s book and reward myself with some treats as and when I attain a goal. Will have a think and see what I come up with.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply.