Little Voices – Rocktober challenge – Shake it off

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – Rocktober challenge – Shake it off

This topic contains 284 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 285 total)

• Hi Chipmunk,

I can donate 1lb to Ms00. Sorry it’s been a while, hubby is away and I’m here with three kids, it’s a bit mental. I had falling off the wagon a bit but thankfully I’m back in the zone now. I had a really good FD yesterday, managed to only have two low calorie cup of soups, then weight watchers meal with roasted veg. Had a great day was busy all day, that was just how it panned out, it definitely wasn’t my plan. Throughout the day I didn’t look for food it was great, then all things changed after dinner. I noticed how many times I went to the presses to see what I would eat. Thankfully I won the battle and didn’t give in, instead I went to bed with my tablet and read over all the posts. I fell off to sleep feeling positive and now I’m proud that I have reached the end of the day and I have been very good, staying within my TDEE for the day. One day at a time…if I focus on what I can do today to help reach my end goal, well that’s great progress for me.

MARY WW, you really do look so much younger?

Hi All from Wellington, New Zealand, Friday morning and life is very good, the birds are singing loudly outside my window and it’s also the start of my weekend. Another big weekend for all us Rugby nuts but we’ll save that for another Forum post, however for all the Scots and Welsh members on here we will all be watching your teams intently down this part of the world and wish you luck in your games.

Great reading the reports of first week results for Rocktober, well done everyone. I always have a weigh in the day after a FD, why not I say, it’s always good for encouraging the inner self that efforts put in are actually working. Like Picky Pixie, if I weigh myself every day I also have up to half kg variations, however once you get accustomed to these they become less disheartening. If your FD’s are consistenly the same days each week then the body adjusts and weigh ins also produce consistent results.

TDOT: Thanks for your kind words. Your insights about self sabotage are very real. That little voice in our minds that tells us how weak we are, FD’s are so hard to endure, how nice that cream cake will taste, how hungry we feel, all those thoughts that sabotage us every day if we let them. You are so right TDOT, every thing we think influences our outcomes, we act on our thoughts, thoughts are things, they are very real. So it’s most important to feed our minds with positive thoughts and make sure the negative thoughts don’t over ride the positive ones. Your meditation is very focussed on these outcomes.

Your meditation can be summarised by 3 words: BE x DO = HAVE. It applies to everything we do in our lives, whether domestic, business or even in sports, BE x DOING = HAVING the results. As it applies to us all on our 5:2 WOL experience, BEING a dedicated 5:2 person, DOING the 5:2 daily teachings is HAVING the results of a committed 5:2 lifestyle. It requires us to work on it of course, it just doesn’t fall in our lap without putting in the work, however we all know it does produce results (the Having). Here’s a little video clip that explains BE DO HAVE very well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCZEiI-8aa4

So everyone, keep those positive thoughts happening in your minds, don’t let that little voice in your head sabotage your actions or results, be strong in your resolve to reach your goals then enjoy the praise and kind words you get from family, friends and others who recognise your efforts.

Hi All

Apologies for being rather quiet over the past week. Unfortunately I seem to have had a little black cloud following me around and haven’t quite been myself. I’ve still managed 3 fast days this week but really haven’t felt motivated or happy at all. Fast days have been tough and sticking to my TDEE hasn’t been easy at all. For the first time since starting my 5:2 journey I’ve felt bloated and sluggish and quite frankly on the large side. 🙁
    But with the help of my fantastic other half a couple of good gym sessions and a daily dose of fibre supplements I think I’ve managed to banish it now and 1lb goes in the pot from me! Not as much as I’d have hoped but it’s in the right direction. I took some time this morning to reassess my goals and really think of ways in which I can achieve them so I’m back with a vengeance!A two lb loss this week will bring me below 10st – which now seems so near yet so far! But I’m giving it my all this week – promise!
    Well done to those with losses this week and special thanks to those members who are constantly providing support and great advice (Action Hero – your words in the post above have certainly made you my hero this week)!
    Chipmunk – we would love to come and visit your vineyard – thanks for your kind offer! We should be in the south island around 11th but will be fine tuning our plans this weekend so I’ll let you know!
    Best of luck over the next 7 days people. Have a wonderful weekend xxxx

Good sunny afternoon to you all – another splendid day in paradise, not least because my weigh in thsi morning gave me 1.1 kg (about 2.5lb). What was weird was, I weighed myself and the scales said 73.4kg which would’ve been a 1.6kg loss. After excitedly reporting this great state of affairs to OH I got back on the scales just to see the numbers again, and it read 73.9!! How’s that happen? I had literally walked into the bedroom and back to the bathroom and gained 500gms!

Ok, update for week one: Of 29 people who have pledged a total of 148lbs, as of reporting today 17 people have reported 25lb lost (and one half pound gain – no names, no pack drill) – so imaging 25lbs of butter sitting on the kitchen bench is quite a sight.

The biggest loser this week is MaryWWriter at 3.5 lbs, closely followed by GL502 at 3.3. You can share on of AH’s chocolate fish!!

Onwards and downwards brave fasters – I don’t have any word of inspiration as a couple of people have already given us plenty to think about and meditate on.

What I will offer is a suggestion if you are feeling sluggish, or struggling on a fast day. I like to put on a song, turn it up loud and dance like crazy – it always cheers me up. One song Inever seem to tire of is Pharrell Williams and Happy. So everyone, just for the heck of it, put on a favourite song, turn it up and dance like no-one’s watching!

Hi everyone. Sorry I went awol at the end of last month. I was hunting with our family and we don’t have Internet in the backcountry here. I did only lose the 3 pounds that was recorded so my numbers were correct. I really slowed down my loss now that I am in the last ten pounds. I will hopefully donate 3 more this month seeing as i started off late. Thank you mike for all your record keeping last month and encouragement. Looking forward to catching up on the posts.

Hi Chipmunk please put me down for 1.25lb reduction this week. I will report in again next Friday so have a great week and enjoy the rugby!! ?

Hi Chipmunk, am delighted to add another pound to Ms00 bringing my reduction for the week 2.25 lbs. that’s massive for me ! I’m now 9 St 6.25 lbs. cannot remember being this small. Must be about 25 years ago. Remember Action I got my September reward size 12 dress before I even lost the weight, can’t believe it’s now on the generous side. May have to do some alterations before friendly celebrations on Sunday! Have just given a load of 14/16 clothes to another friend who has just started 5:2, and after just 4 weeks we can see a big difference on her.
    Your words of wisdom Action are much appreciated, and have inspired me to get my watercolour paints out again. I have had two subliminal shoves in that direction this week,, and watching the link you posted has fired me up. In the past I have sold a few paintings, and some hang proudly on my walls, so here goes.
    MarywWriter, I may do a before and after pic when I reach my goal. It will take me that long to work out how to do it! A computer expert I am not!
    Btw – I read a very interesting article about carbs the other day – not sure how to put it on here, but will have a go. If it pops up on its own, you will know it’s from me, otherwise, I guess I’ll be doing a lot of typing!
    Hope you all have a lovely weekend.. Don’t forget to log your calories on Myfitnesspal BEFORE you eat, to stay within your TDEE. Good luck. TTL

Here it is:

newsletter@realmealrevolution.com
    “C” is for serious
    Link between cancer, insulin resistance etc etc

Interesting reading.

Hi all – what wonderful autumn weather we are having!

Well today is the start of the weekend in this part of the world (danger alert) – Chipmunk you didn’t have to name me I know who I am lol and embarrassingly the only one with a gain (horror that I couldn’t hide with any others). I have printed AH’s post, the one after I took responsibility – how could I not take responsibility I can’t blame anyone but me – remember it is up to me! I have it stuck up so I can see it over this weekend – I hope not to sabotage my efforts. Two runs of 25 mins this week completed and according to myfitnesspal over 800 cals used so I hope this effort and sticking to the plan will be reflected in scales come Tuesday. I am aware however that it may take until the following week to really see the results so will have to just keep plugging away. Yes TTL I will log in first and eat later!

Thanks AH for another inspiring post, haven’t watched the link yet but will do soon. Well done Chipmunk and for the words of encouragement especially coming up to my danger zone – the weekend. Feeling love for you all xx

Hello everyone,
    I am back from my conference in Victoria and will be back on track or at least starting to get to my goal of 6 lbs (maybe a bit more than I can chew but I will try) Starting at 168.9 lbs.

Today and tomorrow are my 2 days fasting for this week.

Lamb and haggis and cauliflower/cheese casserole for thanksgiving dinner. (first for a non turkey dinner in 50 years but you have to do what you have to do)

Then some serious fasting next week. — shake, shake, shake it off.

Will examine fast weight lifting.

Another 1.2 kg for MsOO for this week. (2.64lbs). Slow and steady.

I don’t know about slow and steady GL502, but by my calculations you have almost achieved your month’s goal of 3kg or 6.6lb! Time to reassess your monthly goal do you think? You are doing so well.

Hmm,PJBR – where are you having Thanksgiving? I guess you must be American to be celebrating it but it seems like you are in Scotland if haggis is on the menu. Your profile gives nothing away……

RUNNING – welcome home – what were you hunting? and where? I have added your 3lb goal to our list.

JFITZY, I enjoyed the second half more than the first today! I thought the Tongan player should’ve been red carded for that “tackle” on Dan.

CODA well done on the running – are you treating the exercise as a bonus or do you tend to add the calories burned into your daily allowance and then consume them? I don’t know what others do, but I don’t even look at the exercise calories, I just do it and don’t factor it in (although I do note how many steps I do each day). Stay strong over the weekend – we are all sending you positive thoughts for staying on TDEE!!

TTL – that was an email address, not a link – is that what you meant to post?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend – another beautiful Spring day here.

Oh dear, sorry Chipmunk, IT expert I am not! Am off out for lunch now so will have another go later! TTL

Hi all, hope everyone is trying hard and working towards their goals. I have been doing ok and fasting is going ok so far. I have been doing intermittent fasting daily as well as 5:2, nowadays i just do not really feel like eating but i make sure my daily calories is mostly always over 1200. there has been a day where i had over my TDEE had 2122 but i feel it all levels out at the end of the week.

Exercise – uummm – i started so well but have not been doing it religiously daily.
    I tried doing a plank (which i was never able to do before) on Thursday and i am so proud of myself that i was able to do a full minute after my daughter showed me the correct position -bum down/flat not up in the air. So yesterday i did 1 in the morning and 1 at night. Would work on increasing the time. My 17yr old son could not believe i could do it he was like “mum – well done”.

I also have a TRX suspension strap which my son have now installed for me, so will start on that hopefully today.

I weigh in on the 15th and 30/31 of the month so will post my weight loss(hopefully) on Thursday.

Hope you all have a good weekend and be focused 🙂

Hi Boglett84, sorry for the week you’ve had i hope next week will be better –
    Re bloated feeling – i normally feel like that when i have had too much carbs – i noticed this just from limiting, breads, rice, pasta etc. I sort of eat low carb for me anyway(50-100g) per day and on the days that i have a lot of carbs i just feel so sluggish and yuk.

@coda very funny but cool.

Well done to all for their losses and hoping for better losses for all next week.

Also who on here uses MFP?

Chipmunk, I live in BC, Canada and this is Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

Turns out our son and his family are coming too so have to add a green salad and perhaps yorkshire pudding whoopsie-bread style. Dessert will be strawberries and whipped cream – Eaton mess style without the merange (spelling?)

The haggis? – my husband is Scottish. When we were in Victoria last week we found black pudding and haggis – a rare find indeed. Maybe we should add black pudding to the thanksgiving fare.
    Haggis is a definite favourite with our son and daughter.

Thank goodness I do not count calories, just carbohydrates. They are in the haggis and strawberries. So it is quite a good meal.

Our puppy is also called Haggis!

Foomsy,
    What is MFP?

I too am on a low carb diet when I eat.

MFP is the My Fitness Pal app for tracking calories and exercise. It helps people keep track of their intake and also helps with meal planning if you log before eating (doesn’t it CODA?? 🙂 )

What is a TRX suspension strap? It sounds a bit 50 Shades of Grey!

Hi just to let you know so far weekend going well. Had my treat of my m & s Eccles cake that my dad buys for me every Sat looked it up on mfp and it was accounted for – beforehand Chipmunk! Had a lovely stir fry before going to pictures or if any young ones are reading this the Cinema. My OH wanted to see The Martian so I agreed on condition no sweets or pop corn were bought. Good movie BTW. So here we are on Sunday – my “bad” day – no what used to be my bad day! so will sit down now chipmunk and put into mfp what I would like to eat and see what I can with sticking to my Tdee and enjoying my Sunday. Easy peasy lol!

I treat my exercise as a bonus I use map my run and although that links to mfp and it adds them on I don’t eat them! Mfp allows 1200 each day but my Tdee is 1600 odd and I try to keep above mfp but below Tdee. Mfp does “give off” on fast days as I haven’t eaten enough according to it but I just ignore it.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend! I am determined I will not be in the naughty corner come this weeks weigh in. I know where I want to be, I know where I should be on my planned weight loss and although a bit behind I will catch up – with all your help off course! x

Today I am up 2.3 lbs, making my loss for Oct 1.2lbs.

No surprise that I put on weight this week. I have eaten out everyday since my last weigh in. I was at a conference in the South (USA) Tues until Sat. and my food choices were limited. Carbs, carbs everywhere! Dinner and drinks with friends also put a dint my resolve. At least I walked miles every day and hit the gym to do intermittent training and circuit training once. Back to fasting this week and plenty of healthy foods:)

I am also “enduring” Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, so I fear that my wonderful loss last week will be slightly diminished by the time the dust settles. We are doing the turkey and all the trimmings, but we’re taking it over to my son and d-in-law’s house where we’re meeting up with my husband’s kids, their spouses and five of our seven grandchildren. We are going there because it’s too difficult to cope with five children under 5 including the one-year-old twins (who need naps) at our place. Turns out it’s much easier to cook Thanksgiving dinner when you can do most of it ahead of time!

And tomorrow we have a bat mitzvah to attend. So I’ll do my fast on Tuesday and report in on Wednesday.

It is so beautiful here today. All the trees are changing colour and the sun is out. Just the way I think Thanksgiving should look. I am thankful for having a half year that allowed me to focus on getting healthy: not all years are created equal in that regard.

Morning all and I’m betting Irish eyes are smiling today! Well done the boys in green, not least as it gives the ABs a chance to bury the French quarter final loss 8 years ago!

SIG, can you clarify please? I posted a 3lb reduction for you on 4 Oct and you just reported a 2.3lb gain – by my calculation that’s a .7lb overall down, not 1.2lb. Did I miss another posted reduction??

CODA – very proud of you and I am confident you had a great Sunday without over indulging. You and my OH would get on well – he is very keen on Eccles cakes a well.

I’m interested in hearing about Canadian Thanksgiving – I never knew there was such a thing. What is the history, can someone enlighten me please?

A lovely Monday here, after a great weekend. I hope everyone got out and shook it about in the interests of expending energy and calories. My garden is getting knocked into shape, though our Spring winds tend to play havoc with things.

Thought for the week – even if it’s slow to see change on the outside (or on the scales), every positive decision you make and active step you take to a healthier life is reinforcing the change on the inside – the outside will follow.

Have a great week everyone and I’m looking forward to posting week two results.

Morning All!

Feeling rather spritely for a Monday I have to say – the sun is shining, I’ve had a great body attack class and I’m ready for a fast day today! I’ve even book in all of my gym classes this week which should keep me on track!
    FOOMSY well done on your planking!! Are you doing the plank challenge? I’m on day 12 of the plank challenge and the pushup challenge and they both seem to have ramped up very quickly!! 1.5 minutes of plank today certainly woke some muscles up this morning! I think it was lack of fibre that was causing my bloated feeling as the fibre supplements seem to have done the trick! I really don’t eat that many carbs certainly not pasta or rice – I use Konjac instead – have you tried this? it’s a different texture to rice or pasta but it’s filling and contains about 10 cals for a plate full. It’s also a really good source of fibre. I believe its made by a company called slendier (I get it from the organic/health food aisle in woolworths).
    I’ve discovered chia for my NFDs too – http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2012/01/chocolate-chia-pudding-and-other-sugar-free-flour-free-desserts.html
    I make it with sweetner, coconut milk cocoa and vanilla essence and it’s only 100cals per portion, it makes a great breakfast when you top it with seeds and it keeps me full until my next meal!
    I use MFP everyday (I think it was Actionhero who got me onto it!) I don’t use it to log exercise though as I’ve already factored that into my TDEE calculation.
    PJBR – I’m very jealous of you all having Haggis, it’s a favourite of mine but I’ve never come across it here in Oz! Enjoy!
    Sending out big encouraging vibes to everyone xx

Hi Chipmunk, having no success in posting a link to the site I would have liked you all to read. Anyway, the site is The Real Meal Revolution, and this weeks newsletter is about the link between cancer and diet. A really good read for those that can find it! Good luck!,
    We had a lovely day out with lunch at Andy Murrays Cromlix Hotel in Dunblane yesterday. A dear friends 70th birthday. Location, service and food fantastic, as was the company. Five star! Enjoyed every calorie laden mouthful and no regrets this morning! Fast day today so I know that any gain will not hang around. The new size 12 dress bought for the occasion a month ago was a bit in the big side, but looked ok. Felt great in size 12 again. May have to take it in though when I get down to 9 stone!
    Great work everyone on all the losses, getting ready to fill up again at Christmas, but you really don’t have to, just cut out the carbs and add more veg to your diet. If you fill in MFP before you eat, you can reduce the carb calories, and add the lower veg calories before you eat. You will end up with a much bigger plateful that’s better for you, and reduce the pounds without feeling hungry! It works for me.
    I’m mightily impressed with all you plankers. I tried it in Pilates last week and collapsed in a heap!
    Sun shining in Dundee, need to get the bulbs in the garden today before the frosts arrive. Happy days. TTL

Hi Everyone

Weigh in today and I’m the same. I’m pleased.

My resolve is slipping though as I’ve started with a cold and I’m craving comfort food, which translates to carbs.

Just read the great article ACTION HERO has posted (inspired by TTL), hoping that will be enough to strengthen my resolve.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi GS, it was TTL who pointed us in the direction of the Article, I only helped out by putting up the link to it, pleased you got something out of the read, that is a good site for people following a HFLC eating style, they charge a monthly fee to be a member of the site if you subscribe to it.

Chipmunk
    1 lb off for me. A little disappointed but seem to have abdominal puffing! Not sure why.
    Need to get more exercise. Had plenty yesterday but need to make a concerted effort every day. It’s nearly dawn here so think I will go for a brisk walk in the air as soon as it’s light.
    Have a good day all.
    Beverley

Thank you TTL for the suggestion of the article that AH posted. Very interesting read.

Hi everyone, I need to get back in touch, I’m glad to say I’ve been doing fairly better than recent weeks but I need to check in here more often. I’ve been selling clothes online so that had taken up some of my time lately. It’s great to be making way for new skinnier clothes. Skinnier means I can fit more clothes into the wardrobe?.

Like CODA, I’ve been having the odd treat but everything is being logged. My 10 yr old makes sure of that! He enjoys the maths equations, working out if I can afford it or how many calories I have left for the day. On fast days I began having a WeightWatchers meal with roasted veg on the side, my son was very impressed by how big a meal I was having for very little calories. Unbeknown to him, I’m setting the foundations for him to be aware of healthier choices.

I’m looking forward to my weigh in on Thursday, good luck to everyone, keep up the great support.

Hi all

TTL I am sure you got lots of lovely compliments at your lunch, looking svelte in your size 12 dress! Taking it in will be a small price to pay when you get to 9 stone. I haven’t read the article yet but I will. I am not one for a low carb diet – I couldn’t give up good quality grainy and sourdough breads. Mind you, other than those I don’t eat a lot of carbs anyway, not being a cake and biscuit eater.

BEVERLEY – don’t be disappointed – slow and steady is a healthy and sustainable way to lose and keep weight off. And remember, a pound a week is 4lb a month and at the end of a year that would be three and a half stone!!

and GOLDENSUN you know what I am going to say – no reduction is no gain so it’s all good.

Thanks Action, yes that is the article I was aiming for. Pleased that other people got to read it . Need to brush up on my computer skills!
    Fast day yesterday. Nipped into town for a few bits. Found a dress I had been drawn to in the past in their sale ,, another size 12! For less than £15! For once I didn’t baulk at the reflection in the changing room mirror.
    Weighed in this morning, and after our celebrations , and the inevitable gain over the weekend, I am back down to where I was last week. Pleased with that, hopefully on Friday I can post another reduction.
    Great work Nirvana in getting your son involved, not only for the maths, but it’s so important to get kids eating well before they develop into overweight adults, with all the attendant illnesses. We don’t want that for our kids, do we?
    Sun shining in Dundee again today, need to finish off the garden work before the cold front moves in.
    Hope you all have a good week, onwards and downwards. TTL

I’m back my Dahlings….said in an Edna Everidge type of way…

got back on thurs but sadly ill so first day raising my head to the computer.

Oh God I love being on holidays..swam and walked and ate to my heart’s content… yes.. I put on weight.. I think.. still haven’t got scales but don’t feel much fatter..so hard to tell with a tan…. but right now.. I don’t care.. it was great.

AM determined to join in on Rocktober and to re do the plank which went the way of all good things. AM also going to splash out on some scales to help solve the random nature of my postings. Plan is to try and get below the 10 stone plateau ..on my journey to 9 1/2 stone..

If I could lose a pound a week for rest of Oct.. should get me pretty near and an extra one would clinch it.. so put me down for 4 pounds thank you very much. Ms M xxxx

Hi, Chipmunk,

I think Canadian Thanksgiving started out as a religious festival (Harvest Sunday) and when I was growing up (in the Anglican church) I remember the church being decorated with sheaves and pumpkins and apples and stuff, and then we all went home and ate turkey. Now it’s a pretty secular holiday, but I find that my friends from other cultures aren’t as familiar with it as I am. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(Canada)

It’s quite different from US Thanksgiving which is late in November and seems to announce the beginning of Christmas celebrations. Ours is a stand-alone day.

I planked for 3.5 minutes yesterday, so I’m thankful that I’m not dead. Will weigh in tomorrow but am still a bit worried as I ate far too well far too often this past weekend.

Hi

I have lost .900g this week – yeah! This brings me to 77.1 kg which I believe is just over 12st or about 169 lbs. My push for next week is to get below 12st and my next goal is 75.8 by the end of the month.
    Thank you to all my fellow 5.2ers for all your help, advice and encouragement. x

Hi everyone, I also have no loss this week as I endulged in Canada’s thanksgiving turkey and pies and brunches. It was worth it and. Didn’t gain but I am fasting today and feeling hungry. I leave on a 5 day girls trip tomorrow so I am going to fast today and tomorrow on the plane no hope that helps. We were hunting moose and ruffed grouse. Lots of grouse no moose so far. We were hunting in the southeast Yukon. Good luck everyone this week.

RUNNINGNORTH: The mind boggles picturing you Moose Hunting, I just couldn’t help myself….

https://www.google.com/search?q=females+hunting+moose+images&biw=1344&bih=742&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CBsQsARqFQoTCK212ajKwMgCFciQlAodOgwLUg

Which one is you ???? 🙂

Fast day today. It went very well, much easier today than in the past. I was craving pesto pasta, so I made it with Shiratake noodles and only used 1 tbsp of pesto. Not much exercise today except for a 20 min walk, which is included in my 13,000 steps.

That is hilarious. It is missing the 4 and 6 year old jumping up and down on cots in a wall tent. That is what my hunting looked like. Although I will have to take these fashion tips under consideration.

Hi,

Is it too late to start Rocktober with you lot? I’m back on the wagon again after a very lazy summer (it’s been too hot to move) and a very indulgent week with my parents visiting.

Well, went to Doctors yesterday and slyly weighed myself… turns out I lost weight on Hols.. in spite of eating bread as if my life depended on it.
    Adds to my theory that when you are having a lovely time.. somewhere new.. you don’t put on weight.. but back in my home life, with all its problems and complexities… the weight just slides on like silt in a river that has grown sluggish and dispirited.
    Quite frankly..if I hadn’t had to, I wouldn’t have come back.

So must channel something Action Hero-ish to get strength to go on. Plan multiplied by action gets results!

Had fast day yesterday .. ate Mergimek..which I had on holiday.. a Turkish Cypriot soup, with lentils and lemon.. so refreshing. Can throw in a handful of rice if you like, (I left this out)..and shredded chicken if you are feeling a bit poorly.. I did.. It’s so filling and refreshing but also comforting like a Turkish version of Jewish chicken soup…
    Here’s a recipe.. tho I start by frying onions and celery and add rest to it. Also I miss out the vast amount of salt and add more lemon. https://youtu.be/kqmdK0WZjyg
    Anyone got any idea about calories in a serving?

MaryWWriter.. read Lila while away… magnificent book.. tho wished it had carried on to where John’s son got older… everytime I read her books.. I feel bereft when they end.

Mx.

Hi Runningnorth – Can I ask what you do with a moose once shot?

Ms Marple – will give this recipe a go – as on my fast days I am trying a big bowl of homemade soup in the evenings. Made some tomato and lentil with the last of my tomatoes from the greenhouse. Thanks

Well, a gain of only half a pound after that weekend is like a gift, so I am thankful for that, too. I hope to get rid of it again by the end of the week as I still have another fast day to go. But for now I’m up 1/2 lb.

Ms Marple, the “silt on the river” image is lovely and apt. I will get to Lila as soon as I can. I’ve got the second Elena Ferrante beckoning me at the moment after I get through a couple of books on my “must read for work” list.

The recipe sounds great. I’ll try it, too.

Hi all, pleased to see everyone doing so well and motivated. Afraid I’m finishing 5:2 for a while as I’ve discovered I am pregnant!! Bit of a shock, but good news ?Hopefully I will be back next year. Good luck to everyone. Pat x

PK: Didn’t you read Chapter 35 of the 5:2 Book, it warns about one of the side affects of the 5:2 WOL, looks like you missed that Chapter…. 🙂

Congratulations, keep us informed of baby PK’s progress, see you next year

Congratulations pk look forward to hearing how you are getting on – do drop in every once in a while just to let us all know and to keep in touch.

Hi mamie never too late to join in I think. Just jump right in with the rest of us. Set your goal for the rest of October and go for it!

Thought for the Week:

“Melting Ice Cream qualifies as a Liquid Diet”

(refer Chapter 27 of the 5:2 Bible) 🙂 🙂

Absolutely. We usually share a moose with another family that we hunt with. We hang it then butcher it ourselves. We make steaks, roasts, smokies, ground and wrap it for our freezer. This is pretty common up here. We also fish for salmon and halibut and collect firewood and berries. My mom always laughs and says it is like going back in time when she heads north. people up here try to live off the land more so then most places. We have only 35 thousand people and we are larger then California so our wildlife populations are very healthy. Plus my husband and I are both wildlife biologists so we are very respectful of our wildlife. Not like you see on some of these crazy TV shows. Always happy to answer questions. This last trip turned out to be a lovely fall camping trip which is always welcome regardless if we ar successful. Currently on girls weekend. Planning on showing the 5:2 documentary and recruiting more folks.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 285 total)

You must be logged in to reply.