Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – November & December Christmas Challenge – Let's Load Up Santa

This topic contains 423 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  Cathyh46 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 424 total)

• Ha-ha AH, but TTL did say new SWIMSUIT!! Can’t imagine going to Aquafit in a bikini!!! – well perhaps folks do in the Southern Hemisphere but not in Scotland! Good try though re the suggestion of post-purchase picture! …. Creepy Uncle – I love it Chipmunk !

TTL – fab news re your new size 10! I too have been recently having leg muscle cramps but only when doing certain moves at Pilates. Spoke to instructor and she too suggested lack of magnesium due to diet change but also strongly suggested lack of fluids as my Pilates class is a fast day. I thought I drank enough water on fast days (never mind numerous cups of tea) but not the 2+ litres she suggested to make up for lack of fluids not gained from food! I look at my 2 litre bottle of water and just can’t imagine drinking all of that in a day … especially now we are into colder weather … but I shall have to force myself!

AH – My end of week 2 report (a bit late I know) is a zero gain/loss, having gained 3 pounds over a heavy social weekend (mainly fluids I know) and then losing it all after two fast days on Mon & Wed. Got another fast day tomorrow so I am hopeful for good results next week.

May the (forum) force be with us all!!

So I ate yesterday and am up 2 pounds from yesterday’s reading. Cannot understand it as I ate no carbohydrates. Also my morning blood sugar reading this am. is 6.6, which I see a an improvement, even with eating yesterday. Oh well, thank goodness, I do not really need to understand it for it to work eventually.

OMG ACTION, you cheeky monkey!!! Love some of the bikinis, and the bodies are awesome, unfortunately my poor old bod would clear the pool if I turned up in one of these, especially your afterthought!!! Creepy uncle, I love it! I think you will be having a long wait for a post purchase picture, although I did intimate I might post a pic when I reach my 9 stone target, but in a dress!
    Had a good fast day today. Pilates was intense as this is our last block before Christmas. I feel as though a herd of elephants have walked over my stomach. Hoping I’m off this horrible plateau tomorrow, and on the way to target.
    Found a lovely winter jumper today, size 10/12. Still can’t quite take it in, but very pleased.
    UPA-could be I’m not drinking enough either. I do Pilates on an empty stomach too, and just eat one meal at night. Will try actually measuring 2 litres out in a jug in the morning, and work my way through it. Cramps are not funny when they wake you during the night.
    Hope everyone has had a good day. TTL

I am posting a day earlier due to unexpected change to fast days. A normal day turned into a fast day as I could not cook tea due to a power blackout. Loss for the week is 1kg or 2lbs 3ozs. Over the next tow weeks we have a birthday and our family Christmas is on the first week of December. Will then have fortnight to repair damage. Adult children spending Christmas day with partners sides.

Morning all, well I was a little bit worried when I read Chipmunk’s post last evening, thought maybe I was being a little cheeky, however pleased everyone is taking my comments in the spirit they were intended, my wife tells me my sense of humour sometimes gets me into trouble, certainly no disrespect intended. Thanks TTL

I was catching up on a few Threads on here recently about various subjects and some posters were obviously “off track” with their FD understandings how a FD is meant to work. It’s easy to lose sight of the basics sometimes with lots of opinions being offered so I went back to something I wrote down very early on about how to manage a Fast Day and it went like this:

“Go to bed at night, wake up next day, eat 500 / 600 or fewer calories (female or male) during the day, go to bed, wake up and eat your normal TDEE or less. Do this twice a week. In other words your Fast starts when you go to bed on day 1 and ends when you wake up 2 mornings later”

This to me seems the simpliest way to accommodate your FD’s however I know some do it starting at a Lunch time. I find fasting while I’m asleep is easier than when I’m awake. How about you???

Take care everyone, onwards and downwards, Mike

Ohh AH I didn’t mean to worry you! My comment was intended to be as cheeky as yours – I should’ve used a ? Or maybe a ? I’m not very emoticon savvy!
    And a good reminder about how simple this WOE should be – we don’t need to complicate it.

My fast day went well today. Thanks MS MARPLE, I went with your suggestion of Itsu’s chicken noodle at 243 cals and it was delicious.

Just home from seeing Dawn French’s show. Highly recommend it if you get a chance. Very funny, sad, personal, moving and hilarious.

Ok – so I’m not going to get too excited but what was that sound?……. wait for it….. I do believe it was a ‘whoosh!’ After a zero loss week last week, feeling a bit down and then picked up wonderfully by you guys, this week started off bad – felt sorry for myself over the weekend and overindulged, but then I gave myself a good talking to after reading all these lovely posts and planned (yes AH – planned) three fast days – b2b Mon and Tuesday and then again on Thursday. Really good eating day on the Wednesday too. Went to the gym every day and tentatively stood on the scales this morning. I have been feeling buzzing this week, loads of energy, waking up early and I am now under 11 stone, in fact I am 2 pounds under 11 stone, which means I can donate 3 and half pounds this week (4 and half so far this challenge). Now today I am off for a family weekend of celebrations away staying at a hotel, starting at lunch time today as it’s my other half’s 50th birthday so I would expect this lovely loss to revisit BUT I have planned an identical week next week so will be more than happy if the scales record the same weight this time next week. Good luck to anybody else about to weigh in – but also if you have a week like me last week, dont be disheartened – just listen out for the whoosh – it will come! have a greet weekend y’all.

Hi everyone, another week of posts have been keeping me entertained and motivated in equal measure!

I managed two good long fast days this week which felt good and weren’t too much of a struggle. Weigh in today says 70.3kg so down 0.4 which I’m pleased with – it sounds modest but about a pound a week is my goal! So far I’ve lost 10 pounds and it’d be great if I could give myself the xmas gift of seeing in the new year a stone lighter.

Best of luck to all, stay positive in these grey days (if you’re also in the UK!)

Best news is that I remain determined and also well motivated by you all.

As I have said before, since this challenge started, I have been up 5 pounds and then down 5 pounds. I was down5 pounds by Tuesday of this week, after fasting Monday and Tuesday. I ate normally Wednesday. Thursday, I was up 2 pounds. This morning, after a fast day yesterday, I am down 1 pound. The final result – up 1 pound since starting this on Nov. 1. (I am doing my weeks starting Fridays).

My plan for this week is to fast today, then b2b Monday and Tuesday, then b2b Thursday – total 4 days this coming week.

Waiting for the Whoosh!

I’m on my third fast day this week so I’m going to post my loss tomorrow (if there is one — I’m still struggling with the p-word), but I’ve been wanting to drop in to say that I always thought that it was a not magnesium but potassium that you were missing if you got leg cramps. So this a.m. I looked it up on the Mayo Clinic site (my go-to for researched advice) and it says it could be either magnesium or potassium. Just an FYI.

Hasta maΓ±ana

All is forgiven Action, I can take a joke, it’s the serious s–t I have a problem with!!
    Lifesabeach – the whoosh visited me today, down a pound from last week and off the plateau after three weeks. Yaheeee! Now 9st 4 1/4 lbs. am having a good eating day today and after a more than adequate dinner (and a lunchtime piece of lemon cheesecake – which I didn’t enjoy at all – too sweet, too rich, topped with horrible schooshy cream and neon coloured sprinkles, yuk – what am I doing again!) I am still only totting up 900 calories . Rather than add another fast day to next week, I’m going to reduce my eating day calories to 1000. I am determined to reach 9 stone before Christmas, so this will be my way of getting there.
    Hope you are all having success, and if you’re not, don’t give up. Just keep doing the basics a la Action, and you will get rid of the horrible stuff that’s stifling your life, and create a wonderful healthy body that will go on for years……….TTL

Well, my weight may be stuck at a plateau, but I attained another one of my goals just now — I did a five minute plank!! It took me 2.5 months to get to this goal, but I did it. Now I need to try pushups, I guess.

MARYW I could not be more in awe of you! I got stuck at 3 mins. Well done ?

Well done MARY!! You will have gained muscle weight hence the plateau !!?

Thanks all. On the weight front, down another 1/2 lb after THREE fasts this week. Grrrr. So, total down since challenge started is 2.5 Maybe all that planking has turned me INTO a plateau. πŸ™‚

Chipmunk, the first three minutes are the worst. After that it’s just matter of doing the three minutes every other day until one day you will feel like trying an extra 30 seconds. And so on. Yesterday, I had only ever done 4 before, and I’d done it a few times and it had been hard, but I decided to aim for 4.5. Then when I got to 4.5 I realized I could hang in there for another 30 seconds so I did.

Mary,
    Good planking!

good day πŸ™‚ My week 3 ended up being down another .6 so exactly [and surprisingly… considering feline woes] on track for 3 lb for 3 weeks at 167.2 My poor golden retriever is now looking a little lost without her tabby boss. Thx for kind words AH Coda and TTL. Congrats to those of you keeping on keeping on and some great successes!
    I am away next Mon-Mon so will miss the week 4 weigh-in but will report the Fri week 5 on Dec 4 — ‘real time’ meaning the pacific time zone for those of you who like to jump the gun and start your day freakishly early! This also gives me a bit of time to repair any potential backsliding just in case – though will take a handy tip of using my 3 travel days as fasts – will be on 2 planes and 1 ferry in the middle, so anticipating a successful week despite lots of social events! Taking a favourite pair of chocolate [if ya can’t eat it wear it] slim pants — they had been sausage tight, but now flattering!! Cheers all!

Hello Everyone

Unfortunately, I’m up 2lbs this week. I know why, ate too many carbs and had some sweets and chocolate.

I received so many compliments from friends on my weekend away in Berlin, I feel I may have become complacent. This seems to happen to me every now and then. I’m determined to pull it back before Christmas.

I was 8st 13 lbs and now I’m 9st 1lb. My final goal weight is 8st 12lbs so I always have some leeway to gain a couple of pounds.

Btw, I take 2 magnesium tablets before I go to bed each night as one of the benefits is a better nights sleep. On a fast day, I also have an Epsom salt bath and I sleep like a baby.

Keep on keeping on! πŸ™‚

I am so on the whoosh…

can now confirm my 2k weight loss this week.. so am now 58 kg…might just carry on til 55kg and reach my pre baby weight after 15 years.

Can some one say well done to me?

I know that’s a bit of a craven request but I am having a nightmare in my normal life and this is the one area where i am succeeding.

In fact, quite frankly..I’d like to climb inside my computer and live on this site.

Good luck to all

Love

Ms Mx

Well done Ms M that is fantastic. I have been away so not weighing until this Thursday. Hope to be as successful as you and get near to my Christmas Goal. Good luck for the rest of the challenge x ?

Hi everyone, so no weight loss again this week. I did three fast days and nothing. Grrr. On a positive note my workouts have been stronger and my body feels tighter so it might be a muscle thing. I tried my Xmas dress on and it fits and looks lovely with no lumps or bumps. I will try again fir three fast days this week to kick this plateau and get the whoosh I have been reading about. Good thing I have you folks so I don’t get too discouraged. Mary fantastic in the plank. You are the plank queen. LB26 and TTL happy you have the woosh, good for you. phoebe sorry to hear your golden is having a hard time. I have been there with my golden, they are such lovely sensitive pups. Lastly MsMarple great job on your loss when life is handing you lemons get out the tequila. Many times in life you can’t control things around you but you can control how fabulous you look and feel. It is the best armor. Hang in there. Thank you action for keeping us in line and laughing.

I am laughing at a suggestion coming from the YUKON that we get out lemons and tequila! Love those northerners. (Better idea than a “sourtoe cocktail” for sure, RunningNorth. πŸ™‚ )

Three cheers for Ms. Marple. I am jealous. I want a swoosh, too!!! And condolences to you, Phoebe.

Hi everyone and MSMARPLE I add my hearty congrats!!

I’m on the homeward part of my trip. It’s either 9am here in NZ or 8pm lastnight in London, or somewhere I between in LA. I have been travelling for nearly 30 hours, mindlessly eating whatever gets put in front of me, and cleaning out the lounges. Grrrr! After what I consider be a quite restrained two weeks of holiday eating I annoy myself. Of course I have no idea where my weight is at so here’s my plan.

Yes AH I have a plan. Fast Tuesday and Thursday and weigh in Friday (not expecting a whoosh, let’s put it that way!) We have guests for four days and they love eating so I will just have to be strick on myself, then three days fast next week.

Well done to all you whoosers, plankers, and do-ers.
    Stand by for my Friday fright?

Miss Marple:
    WELL DONE for sure!!!!!!!!!

POOR CHIPMUNK: We all know how many temptations there are in Airlines Lounges, all that free stuff on offer, snacks and cabinet food plus free wine and G&T’s between flights, then all that “gourmet air line food”….

Stay strong, 3 FD’s in a row are easy when you get backl πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Hi all, sorry to report no weight loss this week, but no gain either which is very good as its always hard for me to lose weight after Ive been ill. was doing great till Saturday and my virus must have made me allergic to something as I have hives and am swollen up like Michellan man! so hopefully I should be back to normal this week. Regarding the P problem, nature hates a vacuum and when your body uses up the fat it leaves holes so mother nature in her wisdom uses the fluid released from the fat cells to support the skin until skin shrinks, so I am thankful for it because otherwise my belly button would be rubbing against my knees, too awful to contemplate! My biggest problem is eating enough on nfds, after years of restrictive eating its hard not to feel guilty on occasional indulgences, and if I do overdo it I find a have an enormous food hangover the next day from too much sugar, and apart from that my stomach has shrunk and I dont feel hungry. When I was younger I could eat like a horse, appetisers, soup, entrees mains and sometimes two desserts! Now I struggle with the mains, and if I start with soup i’m done for! thanks to all who picked up my slack and hopefully I can return the favour. Best whooshes to everyone!!

Mary – Well impressed with your 5 min plank – go you!

Ms M – Well done you – inspiration to us all – life is never plain sailing is it but I hope calm waters for you soon and when you have weathered the storm you will come out feeling better, healthier and stronger to say nothing of looking fantastic.

Well done everyone else who have had a whoosh – Roomy thanks for explaining in lay mans terms what is happening – isn’t the body amazing?

Funnily enough AH it WAS gourmet airline food. I was sitting up the front and the food was amazing. Can you believe soft poached Eggs Benedict for breakfast? Fantastic.

Hi Chipmunk, Is sitting at the front the same as turning left when you enter the aircraft!!? In other words BC!! – with all that fab food and real crockery and silverware!! Sounds like you had a fab holiday over here in Europe. Dont worry … I have a theory … and it is just an Upagumtree theory from my past experience … but if you binge after being vg on this woe, then fast you might just experience the whoosh! So don’t dread a Friday fright – you might be pleasantly surprised! xx

Yes UPAGUM it is the same as turning left, and very nice too!

I think I have been moderately good some of the time, rather than VERY bad any of the time on my fab holiday…… I do know I have walked a gazillion miles over the two weeks (no day fewer than 12,00 steps, and most 15,000+) so I hope you are right! A pleasant surprise would be MOST pleasant.

Fast day today going well too. Keeping on checking this page to bolster my resolve!

Quick Update back from my holidays it was absolutely wonderful. I have added 3.5lbs so back up to 12st 7 will see how i go on Saturday next proper update. Done 6 fasts so far should be 8 so that means i will not be able to meet my fast target but will keep at it.

Respect CHIPMUNK on all those steps – perhaps a visit to the cobbler is now required?!!

Hi AH, Halfway through the challenge now and pleased to report another pound for Santa – that’s 2 pounds in total of my pledged 6 pounds so looks like I won’t meet my target, but still well pleased to be SLOWLY reducing. Perhaps the following might be of interest:

Last Tues my scales showed the same after a very strict week of 3 fasts (including a b2b) and keeping below TDEE on other days. I was so down I almost threw in the towel and reckoned I should just accept being around my original goal weight of 9 stone. However, with reading everyone’s woes on our little forum and realising I am not alone in “being good but not losing” I decided to “keep on keeping on” and managed 3 fasts last week BUT went way over my TDEE at the weekend. Had first of this week’s 3 fasts yesterday and went over by a fair bit. This morning (official weigh-in) I dragged myself on to the scales expecting a big disappointment and … yahoo … Down to 8st 11 !!!! The enigma of weight loss! – perplexing and certainly unpredictable – seems sometimes you can lose when you least expect … and conversely, gain/remain same when predicting a loss!

Perhaps we are too fixated on our weekly (even daily!) visit to the scales which is really too short a space of time to see a significant change (fluid levels and food in transit can vary widely and can add an extra 2/3 pounds. This short timescale weigh-in is even more unforgiving when near to goal and weight loss is painfully slow. I think those who weigh monthly have the right idea! … but as it’s too near all the Xmas festivities I am not going to try it just yet!!!!

I’m up to 154.4. Not sure how that’s possible… I’ll do another fast Wednesday and see what the scale says on Thanksgiving morning. I might do a lower calorie day today as well. I know I’ve been traveling and over my TDEE many days, but not nearly 4 additional lbs worth of it.

I “feel” fluffy and was going to skip weighing this morning because I had a feeling I wouldn’t like the number. But, I did it anyway. Onward and downward.

What is going on. After what seems to be lots of fasting or little eating, I am gaining weight too.

It’s fast day #10 for me today. If all goes as planned I’m on track to achieve my goal of 21 by December 18th. I thought for a while I was being too ambitious but it looks like it’s definitely do-able. I weighed in at 132.2 yesterday morning so I’m going to revise my weight goal (originally 132). I’ll try for 129 by the end of the challenge. I’ve been enjoying shopping in my closet and there’s one last pair of pants that will be a lot more comfortable with a few more pounds gone.

Mary – congrats on the 5 minute plank. I worked my way up to 2 minutes but then stopped when we went away. You’ve inspired me to get back to it although I’ll have to work my way back up again after a couple of weeks off.

I also wanted to give a belated “WAY TO GO” to MsMarple!

I started late in the challenge, lost 5 lbs the first week after two fast days, and after 3 more the second week, I am still stuck at a 5 pound loss (though thankfully no gain!).

I think I am enjoying my off days a bit too much :). Since I am new to 5:2, A friend said overdoing it on the off days is normal but that I should soon settle down and eat sensibly on the off days…. is this what you guys experienced when you first started?

I fasted yesterday, but am adding a day today too – trying back to back fast days to reach my goal. So lets hope the whoosh happens!

Hi SDS – yes that is what I found – my thinking on a fast day was – well I can have what I want tomorrow and that is what I did. I did, because I could, not because I really wanted to eventually that mentality changes to, I can have whatever I want but you know what, I don’t really want to so will just carry on. If you follow lol! just keeping doing what you’re doing! Will look in later with this weeks results!

I let a few days go by again, but not a whole week!

This will be an extremely challenging few days coming up. My son is flying in from college tomorrow so we will have lots of real food for him, Thanksgiving is Thursday and my daughter’s birthday is Friday and she wants to make dinner here! I’d rather go out!!

I had a fast day yesterday. I was the same this morning BUT we had Thai/sushi on Sunday and that usually adds on at least two pounds so I’m hoping this will kick in and I won’t gain anything over the holiday at least….

I can only plank one minute.

Good luck, everyone!

Hi all,

Checking in after my re-start on the 5:2 as from 1 November, so I am just over 3 weeks in. I signed up to the Christmas Challenge, committed to losing a modest 2 kilos as an interim goal. Ultimately I will be happy when I lose 8 – 9 kilos from the start AND KEEP IT OFF.

So far not so good. I’m hanging in though. I am 0.8 kilos lighter (that’s 1.76 lbs), which is just under 0.3 kilos per week.

I weigh myself weekly – don’t want to obsess. The first week I lost .75 kilos, the second I gained nearly half a kilo, and the third I lost 0.4 kilos. So there we are. I have kept to two 500 calories fast days per week, but each time I try for 3 diets days in a week, it all goes belly up. So maybe slow and steady is the best I can hope for.

I have three weeks to go and need to shed 1.2 kilos to reach my target for the Christmas holidays. I thought if I set a modest target, it would be easy, but it’s not. However it is do-able for sure. Good luck everyone!

SDS – AH gave some good advice about this recently – if a fast day is compensation for over-indulging on other days, it is not really a fast day and you need to add another one in during the week – otherwise you can’t really expect to make progress.

I think we all take a bit of time to balance it out, so I’m sure you’ll settle in to a routine – try counting cals on your non-fast days to make sure you stay within your TDEE and you’ll quickly make progress.

πŸ™ not so good at all – has taken me since last night to come to terms with a gain of 1.5 kg – went through all the emotions anger, despair!! What the heck is going on – how come so much? Is this really the catch-up from my stressful week previously showing now? I have given myself a talking to and I am just in the same boat as a lot of others. Went through it all in my head before posting my result, should I pretend? but couldn’t do that as I have to be honest with myself if to no-one else (no one harder on ones self than ones self) Had an extra fast day planned this week, albeit changed it round a bit, so will just keep doing what I am doing and like others will get there in the end but it is sooooo frustrating! However it’s not the end of the world and hopefully I may even get another whoosh that made me feel so good at the beginning (so good I upped the ante and increased my goal for this challenge). Was it a good decision – well I will just have to weight and see lol! The humour is returning so that is a good sign!

CODA: Your frustration is coming out loud and clear, we have all been there and experienced this down side and for a few minutes it can be depressing. However I took encouragement from going back and looking at where I was when I started my 5:2 journey, back 15kgs ago when my weight graph was at starting point and looking at it descend to where it is now. Usually the 1.5kg at the bottom end was only a “small blip” on what was a total far in excess of that tiny little up turn at the bottom. And there are probably other little “blips” along the way too which have flattened out over the total journey.

The human body is an amazing piece of machinery, it seems to have a mind of its own and it frustrates the hell out of us when it doesn’t behave as we want it too. No use beating yourself up. Looking back over the past few days you can probably remember what was done that was different to what was planned. Build a bridge and get over it, life goes on and in the big picture you are achieving amazing results, your lifestyle has changed dramatically, be proud of your acomplishments to date and keep smiling, knowing that everyone on this journey has experienced what you have experienced too. A big group hug for CODA… πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

CODA – Thanks for making me smile with your <weight and see> pun. I’m also low cos not going as well as I would like, but I’m dusting myself down and not giving up, and hope you do the same.

You asked about ideas for leg cramp at night. Yes, get up and walk no matter how painful, or get your OH to massage. But also diet tonic or bitter lemon for the quinine. At least it worked for me when I had that problem, but maybe check with your doctor if quinine is okay for you – I was surprised to learn that it doesn’t suit everyone.

Big hug from me Coda, and anyone else who needs one. As Action says, just look back to the starting point and be proud of how far we have all come. All we have to do, is keep doing what Dr M says to make this WOL work. Be honest with yourself about what you are eating, and try and cut out the stuff that is doing your body no good whatsoever. You will get there, just keep doing it! Just remember it took a long time to put the weight on, it won’t go overnight, but it will disappear eventually. Keep the faith! TTL

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ thank you AH, TTL and Try as they say tomorrow is another day and my 2nd fast day of the week with my extra one on Friday. Fell off the wagon a bit today perhaps I needed to, if only (once again) to remind myself how bad I feel after eating too much or eating things I know I should avoid. AH I looked at my tracker, i mean really looked and you are quite right, those other blips I have had are now only little – they are indeed flatening out in the bigger downward trend. Yet at the time I remember feeling exactly like I do now. I guess I am a bit disappointed in that I have enough to loose that I feel I should be loosing more or quicker. It’s not like I am at the end when I would be expecting things to slow down some. But its back on the horse and get real with what I am doing. Thank you Try for the ideas to help with cramp. Touch wood haven’t had much trouble lately – obviously I will now be up through the night lol. Thank you all again for being here and helping lift me up again. x

Hi everyone again, from a cold and wet Wellington today, temp is sitting at about 15 degrees so it’s a bit chilly.

I have brought our Spread Sheet up to date with everyone’s reports up to today for the first 3 weeks. I have 40 people registered and 31 have reported in at least once over the first 3 weeks (week ended 21 Nov) Our total reduction for the first 3 weeks is 79.69lbs from a total goal pledged of 295.3lbs for the full 7 weeks, that’s 27% achieved whereas we should be sitting at 43% if we were all tracking evenly for the first 3 weeks. However there are 9 people whom I haven’t heard from since saying they wanted to be in our group so those numbers are a little skewed because of this.

WHAT AM I SEEING SO FAR UP TO END OF WEEK 3?
    3 people have reported gains in one of the weeks (thank you all for your honesty and integrity)
    11 reports over the 3 weeks list zero reductions (no gains though so that’s a positive)
    I’m reading many people have promised extra FD’s and maybe not keeping up with that plan and others doing them (well done you guys) or even some doing more (extra well done)

So how is your PLAN looking well into week 4 of our Challenge? We all want to hit our target for that important date in December, don’t we? So now is the time to renew that resolve to review the last 26 days and refocus maybe for the next 23 or 24 days so that on the 19th of December we can all smile with pride and shout out loud “YES I DID IT, I AM THE CHAMPION” Remember, aim for the stars and hit the moon, put in the work and achieve the results then celebrate with your loved ones for a few days because you will deserve it.

Here is a little bit of encouragement for us to reflect on, just in case someone needs that extra motivation to achieve:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXl6QpWQ5xo

And don’t lose sight of your dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-jwWYX7Jlo

Take care everyone and be strong on your journey to Skinny

You are lucky AH – less than 50 kms from you we are sweltering – about 27 degrees here is sunny Marlborough today and a forest fire raging up the road. I have never been so grateful for a strong wind – this one is blowing the fire away from us!

Just to check in – I posted a meagre loss (200gms) in the first few days of November before I went gallivanting off to Europe. My next weigh day is tomorrow. I have managed 6 perfect fast days and 3 or 4 that were not 500 cals but pretty damn low. My clothes feel loose so I am actually not too scared about tomorrow. It might not be the Friday fright I fear!! I have 8 more fast days scheduled between now and 19 December. I think I pledged 2 kg allowing for my holiday away, so I am confident I’ll meet that. I will reassess after tomorrow’s weigh in and POSSIBLY reestablish a lower (or higher, depending on which way you look at it) target.

Thanks for the update, and thanks for the great support you are giving – In fact that goes to everyone – I love this forum and know I would not be doing as well with out it.

Hello Everyone

I too love this forum.

Love the motivational videos ACTION HERO, thank you. They help in respect of other aspects of my life. Motivating me to not give up on what I WANT in my life. By thinking of myself and engaging this way of eating and losing weight reveals others aspects of my life that need attention and I’m changing patterns that have not helped me in the past. The videos reminded me of my dreams and that I can achieve them….thank you.

CODA… Well done for sharing and being honest. I can totally relate and have hesitated to post when I have had a blip, but I do and something shifts within me and I’m reminded of my commitment to my goal/intention.

Good luck everyone for Friday!

Humm……… Think I’m struggling to get to my 7 lb pledge too! This week has been a yo yo week again, although I have had a couple of days under 1000 cals. Fast day today, no breakfast or lunch and fish for dinner. Pilates this morning, surely I can get lower than last week. Admit to indulging in lots of cheese yesterday, but checked my dinner cals before eating and managed to stay within my TDEE.
    It is definitely getting harder now I am near to goal. I may decide to add another fast day next week, although the last time I did three I ended up not feeling good. I’ll see what the scales say tomorrow.
    Loved the motivational video Action. Really has got under my skin. Things I need to do in private life that I keep putting off for fear of failure! It’s amazing how this forum is working for us all – not just reducing weight.
    And great how we can all help each other across the world, without ever ‘knowing’ one another.
    Have a great day everyone, from blue skies and sunny Dundee – is this really November??? TTL

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 424 total)

You must be logged in to reply.