Little Voices – May Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – May Challenge

This topic contains 85 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Third time lucky 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 36 posts - 51 through 86 (of 86 total)

• Weigh in day for me. After last week when I gained .6, then did an emergency fast and lost 1.8, today I am down to 162.6. My May goal is 159.

Hi Fitnfast, Not really sure how many pounds that is you’ve lost this week but it sounds positive and makes you 3.5 pounds from your May target (which I think was a very ambitious 9/10 pounds?) so very well done so far! Did you miss my question on what state you live in? … Just wondering!

Sorry, I didn’t see your question! So many posts to read! I am in Pennsylvania, just outside of Pittsburgh.

Hi Fitnfast, thanks for reply. Nice to know where we all are in the world!!

Yikes weigh in tomorrow for me, dreading it as up already on unofficial weigh-in today!

Good luck all for the last week of May!!

Up

Good Morning all, depending where you are. I am in Spain.

Weighed in at 8st 11lbs, that’s another pound down. My loss seems to have slowed to around a pound a week now I am getting nearer to my goal weight of 8st 3lbs.

How is everyone else doing?

Enjoy your bank holiday to those in the UK. Happy Fasting!

A bad weigh in for me today – up a whopping 2 pounds on last week! Hoping it’s the old water retention problem as I can’t see how it is possible to gain 2 fat pounds in 3 days even although I had a broken fast last week. So I am now back to where I was at the beginning of May before my golf holiday! Don’t see me reaching my readjusted May goal now and can only hope I lose 2 pounds this week to achieve my original May goal. I am very determined this week – fasting today and it is going well so far – played a full round of golf this morning on water only and just finished a late lunch of two sardines with salad. Intend to have two hard boiled eggs for evening meal. Hoping to have a semi-fast tomorrow and a fast on Thursday.

Applepie you are incredible! Have you ever had a gain since starting 5:2? Your chart must show a straight down line!!

How’s everybody else doing?

I have had 2 weeks where I gained a little bit. It’s funny I was looking at that this morning when I entered my weight. But mainly it’s downwards.

When I fast I am really, really good, but when I eat I am a bit naughty. Seems to work for me 🙂

Anyone on here fancy joining our Facebook group? It’s great for private messaging and posting photos. Just see my profile.

Morning all! How are we all? I posted a reply yesterday but for some reason it’s not showing?! Well done Applepie, Fitnfast and everyone else. Upagumtree, don’t be disheartened! As you say, chances of gaining 2lb in fat in 3 days are pretty small eh?

I hopped on the scales yesterday to find I was down a pound on where I was at the end of last week. It’s not my usual weigh in day (ever the optimist, I usually weigh in the morning after a fast – typically Tuesday mornings), so I was interested to see how my weight was after a bank holiday weekend of eating what I liked and a fairly heavy night out. And there it was, a pound lighter…. Further proving my theory that my body is on a severe delayed reaction! Haha!

Anyway, my goal for May was to lose 4lb and I have so far only lost 1, so I’m unlikely to reach that now, however I am still happy that my BMI is in the low 20s now (21.7 according to my tracker), I’m looking a little leaner, I am alive and I am healthy. I am also very happy I am off the plateau ledge again – I hope I don’t sit on it for as long next time!!

Wishing everyone a happy week, successful FDs and a good final push to the end of the month. 🙂

So i am back from New York had a an action fun packed 3 days walked 56km over the three days BUT i ate and drank so much ! i weighed myself yesterday and was up also two pounds hopefully it’s water retention so i will be trying extra hard before my official weigh in on friday so fingers crossed for then hoping to be down 2 for my 6 pound May challenge.

It was so busy there crazy in fact but so much fun all 6 of us got along great but i have to confess we partied to hard on the saturday night and missed our flight sunday morning. We looked like a scene from the hangover turning up at the airport just as our flight was taking off . We literally jumped out of bed grabbed our luggage and taxied to the airport all looking like we had been dragged through a hedge backwards so funny ! luckily we had a great guy on the desk and he bumped us to the next flight at no cost.

Well done all of you for staying focused checking in and really trying ! Upagum i’m on your page this week let’s hope it’s the water fingers crossed for both of us… happy fasting and let’s give it all we have for the last few days. just off for my walk now golfing later although it’s going to be a hot one 30 c this afternoon..

Oh Soc what a hilarious account of your NY trip!! Loved reading all about it! Sounds like you had a really fun weekend despite the hangovers!! You were very lucky to get such a kind desk clerk!!

I’ve got good news for you re us being on the ‘same page’ in terms of the water retention. I weighed in this morning (after a good fast day yesterday) at 9 st 3 which is 4 pounds down from my bad official weigh in yesterday!!!! Honestly I think there are some gremlins sneaking in overnight into my bathroom and laying their curses on my scales!! Unbelievable!! So hopefully you too will discover later this week that your little blip was down to the dreaded water retention (or, last case scenario, gremlins!!). Hope you enjoy your golf in 30 degrees, it’s sunny here but only about 15!!

Hi Babs, isn’t it so annoying when our posts don’t show! Happened to me a few times and always when added a smiley but despite asking questions re this to others never got an answer! Since your BMI is quite low doesn’t sound like you have a lot to lose ! However well done on the one pound loss and fingers crossed that you can add something to that to get nearer your goal by the end of this month!

Onwards and downwards Little Voices !!!

Hello All

I’ve been reading through this thread thinking what a great idea doing a challenge is.
    Congratulations to everyone who has met their May target and for those who are off, you still have a few days, plus it seems for most people who haven’t met their target it is water weight.

If you are planning to move onto a June Challenge, I would love to join, and introduce myself properly. By the way, just call me DJ.

Applepie i sent you an email to join the secret facebook group !

welcome DJ i am sure we will be starting a June challenge even though i will be away for two weeks of June i will be trying to stay on track and these ladies really help to keep each other focused.

UP i am so pleased for you what a great drop ! i am saving my weigh in till Friday hopefully i will be as lucky as you and have a drop also ! by the way had a great game of golf ! My friends were calling me Tiger Woods i said more like Tiger Wine as i think my carry out glass of wine was helping.

Enjoy the rest of the week happy fasting !!!!

Hi DJ – nice to hear your little voice. Good to hear you like the idea of a monthly challenge. You are of course most welcome to join the “Little Voices – June Challenge” when it starts on Monday. (And I am sure there will be a July challenge and an August .. etc!) Most of us tend to shorten nicknames in posts so DJ will do just fine – I respond to Up, Upa or Upagum. Looking forward to hearing a little of your background, where you live and of course your goals!

Little Voices, do you wish me to lead the challenge again or is there a volunteer who would like a shot? I would be more than happy if someone else would take the lead this month – think I suggested initially that everyone in the thread could lead a challenge a month – however if no-one wants to I will lead again.

Soc, wine and golf just don’t do it for me – would four putt every hole! Applepie, am thinking about Facebook – don’t use it a lot as find people I don’t want to be bothered with contact me. Can you confirm this is a private site and can only be viewed by people you have invited?

As this is the big push week I have been weighing every day. Today I am still 9st 3 – I expected to be up a pound as usually happens two days after a fast day but I think the reason is because I semi-fasted yesterday back to back with my fast day on Monday (in fact yesterday might have counted as a full fast day had my OH not persuaded me to share a bottle of red with my lovely low calorie chilli and ginger salmon stir fry!) I am keeping it low again today – had a boiled egg and Ryvita for lunch (no breakfast) and having fish and veggies at 8 pm after Pilates. Off now to the Genious Bar at the Apple Store to see if they can sort out why my new phone (I-phone 6 plus) will not backup. That should keep my mind off food for a while!! I might then pop into some shops to see if I can get some SIZE 12 trousers as at long last the weight has shifted from my middle!

Happy Wednesday All !
    ( sorry for the usual Up long post again!)

Upa – yes it is private, socr8v is in our little group now so can confirm this. Just drop me an email, I will send you a link so you can “be my friend” then I can add you to the group. You can unfriend me after the deed is done if you so wish 🙁
    Size 12 trousers!? wonderful, well done.

Moussaka (I never know if it is 2 s’s or 2 k’s, spell check doesn’t like either) is cooking in the oven. I am still starving after b2b fasts, yesterday was liquids only. And my poor OH is almost fading away.

Did I have a target for May? I’m not sure, but I have lost a slow but steady pound a week. It’s slowing down now I am near my ideal weight.

Hi Up i can confirm it is a private group ! and Apple i would like to keep you as a friend on facebook but i am keeping my 5 : 2 fast plan private from everyone so if we could just chat about the plan in the private group that would be great. So nice to see your face now i have a lovely picture of you that comes to mind when we are chatting. Would love to see all you girls join.

Socr8v How nice of you. I never mention fasting or diets on my normal Facebook, only in our secret group. Anyone else? Don’t be shy.

Hello Ladies, late post from me today as had a busy day. As I said earlier, am weighing in daily in my determination to reach my May target. Weighed this morning and was still 9st 3. Had a good fast today so hopped on the scales tonight and … up 2 pounds! – I was expecting only one pound! Hoping its water weight with all the fluids I had today so hoping tomorrow shows 9st 3 again. If I can maintain this weight until Sunday I will have achieved my adjusted May target of 4 pounds. However, I don’t want to count my chickens as the dreaded gremlins could attack again before final weigh-in on Sunday!!

Applepie I have sent you an email request for your Secret Facebook group. By the way, your target for May was 4 pounds which I think you should easily achieve.

Whoop-whoop – managed to get a pair of size 12 jeans yesterday!! I must have burned off a few hundred calories wriggling in and out of various styles in various shops! I wanted straight leg jeans but found it hard to get a good fit – they all seem to be very narrow-legged – more like skinny. I don’t consider my thighs to be big but they looked big in some of the styles I tried! Some were even too big on the hips so I tried on some size 10s but they were too small. Looks like I am in between sizes at the moment so won’t be wasting my time or money in buying any more for a while. I have quite a few size 12 cropped trousers from a couple of years ago so hopefully if the weather improves here I will get by with these and the new jeans.

Soc, fingers crossed for a good weigh-in tomorrow! Fitnfast, you’ve been quiet for a while – I think your weigh day is Saturday – good luck and let us know how it goes. Anyone else like to update us, or are you all waiting for the big final weigh-in on Sunday??!

Hi Upa Have you tried any second hand shops? That’s where I am doing all my clothes shopping these days Happy to say that up until my “fall from grace” I was going through sizes like gang busters. I can’t wait to be in that position again, although I don’t want the weight to drop as quickly as it did from late January to mid April.

Applepie, may I join your secret facebook group?

Sad to report that I did not throw out the cookies that I bought yesterday and started binging on. Today was hopeless – I have kept under 1200 calories but it was all cookies and now I feel sick! Rest of cookies are now safely where they belong, in the garbage! Tomorrow is a new day.

Cant figure out how to edit my post, but wanted to add that I can’t wait to begin the June challenge.

DJ yes, course you can join! Just click on my name to see my profile then send me a quick email.

Isn’t that the great thing about this WOL, tomorrow we can always start over. There is no such thing as failure here.

I think I will be starting over on Monday as we are hosting a buffet type meal for our neighbours on Sunday. I will try not to be too naughty but I do intend to enjoy it. Photos will be on Facebook.

Happy Fasting!

HI ,all! Hope everyone is doing well! It sounds like most everyone is on target for May! This is the first eating plan/ exercise forum I have ever been on, where the successes outnumber the setbacks.

Saturday is my final May weigh in. If I’m not to my goal of 159, then I am darned close. Only (I say “only” ….how bizarre that word is to me when referring to weight loss!) 3.5 lbs away as of last week, and this week’s experiment was 4:3 with 16:8 (no breakfast til 16 hours after dinner).

In a nutshell, I am going shopping for size 8 jeans. I only have 10’s!

Excited to hear everyone else’s results! And looking forward to June challenge! Vacation at Chincoteague Island 3rd week of July….got to be beach ready! Gonna rock it this year, thanks to you all!

Another unofficial weigh in for me today and still 9st 3 so the water weight has gone. Sorry to bore you all with this but believe me the regular posting is keeping me focussed! We are so lucky to have this forum available to us and more so the band of supportive ladies on this thread! I don’t think I would have done so well without all your support!

I have a social golf event late this afternoon – mixed foursomes with a meal afterwards – but no alcohol as I am driving :(. The weather here is weird with rain, thunder, hail, wind and sunshine in the past hour so I am looking out my waterproofs and sunglasses! At least I’ll burn off a few hundred calories battling the elements!! Hope I don’t get burnt by lightening in the process!!

1200 calories of cookies DJ !!!!! Now that is naughty and you know it, but well done you binning the remains and looking to a new day! I haven’t tried second hand shops, not for buying anyway – donated a lot of stuff to them though – and hopefully will be donating a lot more of my “big stuff” in the near future. I love the sizing in N America (I live in the UK). Their 8s are our 10s, 10s our 12s etc, but with a better cut which seems to suit my figure. I have lots of size 10 (US) golf trousers which I bought in Florida a few years ago and am now fitting into again which is great but they are all light weight or cropped so need better weather here to wear them!!

Good luck Fitnfast with your weigh in tomorrow – sounds like you’re right on track.

Oh, last weigh in day….a little bummed but, hey, I still lost! Only down 1.4, to make my ending weight 161.2. Goal was 159. Last weekend’s holiday binge didn’t help, and, like Dr. Fung says, You can’t outrun a bad diet! Although I tried!

But those words kinda make me laugh….”Shoot, I only lost a pound this week!” It used to be “Why am I still not losing??!” I much prefer this new life!

Looking forward to others results to motivate me to do better!

Hello everyone – Third Time Lucky here, safely back from SA. What a trip – Fantastic doesn’t cover it. So much to tell you all I could write a book! but will keep it short. Visited a Kinesioloist in Swaziland (No – not a witch doctor) she put her finger on exactly the health problems I have, and advised me how to put things right! Including the fact that I have an allergy to wheat. She advised a low carb/high fat diet, and to continue fasting as it is so good for your body. She fasts herself, liquids only once a week! Apparently I have ‘Leaky Gut Syndrome’ which is allowing toxins into my blood stream, which means my immune system is working 24/7. No wonder it is low! The docs got it half right, knew the symptoms, but not the cause, just happy to dole out medication without getting to the root of the problem! Now I know, I will be able to deal with it, and hopefully get rid of this ongoing horrible problem I have.
    Am planning to start afresh with food on 1st June, and will get back on 5:2 starting Monday. Can’t wait! Would love to stay with you all on Little Voices and would be delighted Up if you would lead. Your support is amazing!
    Love to you all, I’ve missed you while I’ve been away.
    Third Time Lucky

Well the golf match yesterday went very smoothly as, capriciously, the weather turned into a gorgeous sunny evening – so no need for the waterproofs at all. I was drawn with a lovely man who was a mixed foursomes “virgin”. God he was a great player but so nervous for the first couple of holes, but I think I put him at ease and … we came runners up and got a nice couple of M&S vouchers. The presentation dinner afterwards was not extravagant and quite low-cal and my tipple was diet Irn-Bru (Scotland’s “Other National Drink”) – if you’ve not tried it, seek it out – it beats Diet Coke hands-down! So no damage done! … unofficial weigh-in today, still 9st 3.

Well done Fitnfast- only 2.2 off your high goal of 9 pounds is a fantastic result – you will be beach-ready in no time!

ThirdTime, so great to have you back – missed your humorous posts loads! What an incredible journey you have had – not just the sights you’ve seen but the knowledge gained from the (have to check your post above) Kinesioloist. Bet you are raring to go on the June challenge. I do so hope the changes she suggested in your diet make you well again – time will tell! How did the white trousers go?

Big Day tomorrow Little Voices – bring it on!!!

Speak tomorrow
    Up

Hello All
    @fitnfast – Size 8 jeans, fantastic! It must make you feel great and so motivated.

@ThirdTime – isn’t it great when finally you are able to find out the why and how of a medical problem. This way you are empowered and you can take action.

@applepie – sending you an email

@Upa – thanks for all the encouragement and keeping us on track!

Getting ready for Monday. Funny thing, but I find it so hard to do anything when my environment is messy and chaotic – even to have the discipline to stick to the 5:2. It’s been so busy I have hardly set foot at home except to sleep. Severe thunderstorms and cool weather predicted for tomorrow in Montreal, so a perfect day to finally get the house organized. Slowly stepping back from the wine this weekend – I intend to completely cut out alcohol for June. I plan to weigh in on Monday morning to see the ugly reality and setting my target for June for 5 lbs. Have a great weekend all.

@applepie, sending you an email.

Hi Ladies, just a quick post
    just did not have time to post yesterday but i weighed in and was down the two i was up plus 1 so 5 pounds drop this month i have till tomorrow to try for the extra pound but partied last night for a friends 50th birthday ! i dare not get on the scale this morning i am so bloated from eating pizza and bread i am not supposed to eat wheat.

You girls really do keep me focused hope you all have an amazing weekend will catch up more later just heading out the door again !

Hi ladies I weighed myself on my normal Friday but this was after a lovely evening on the Thursday with a sumptuous meal with a pud and no surprise to see a small gain. seeing as it is the last day of the month I popped on the scales and overall 4 pounds gone this May. Size 10 jeans which I havent fitted into since leaving school. The only time I have ever been able to get down to this weight is with loads and loads of exercise and i had a different body shape this seems much more natural and overall its so much easier than the tons of exercise I did.

Good job Upa this month keeping us all motivates
    If its all right applepie I’m gonna try and join you on Facebook next week I think that will be brill.

Hope to hear all your stories in June xxx

Jayne you will be very welcome. Just send me a quick email.

I am not looking forward to the scales tomorrow. Buffet last night and our own buffet tonight! Naughty.

Happy 31 May Little Voices! Well, here we are – number crunch time! Going by recent posts I think most of you will have good results, and if not there is a new challenge ahead! Jayne already posted her good results – well done on meeting your 4 pounds (adjusted from 2 pounds) target … And size 10 jeans!! How tall are you? I reckon I am a few pounds lighter than you and last week was delighted to fit size 12 jeans again, but I am only 5 ft 2 1/4 – as Applepie once said “too short for my weight” Ha-ha!!

Well, I just knew the gremlins would attack at the last hour! After being 9st 3 every day last week this morning I am 9st 4!! Ah well, karma for having too much white wine last night – I’ll stick to red in future ha-ha. I am not too gutted as I did start the week at 9st 7 due to water retention so a 3 pounds loss – in fact that 3 pounds is also my monthly loss as I started at a plateau on 9st 7, dropped then went up again. Here’s my stats from my tracker (I’ll keep my measurements to myself for now!!):

Start weight: 9st 7. (133 pounds)
    End May weight: 9st 4 (130 pounds)
    Monthly Loss: 3 pounds
    Monthly Goal: 4 pounds (but was adjusted from original 2 pounds)
    BMI: 23.6
    Waist to Height Ratio: 0.51

I now have a couple of clear goals for June which I’ll declare tomorrow. By the way, seems there are no takers to lead the June Challenge so I’ll do it unless anyone else volunteers today??

Enjoy the last day of May every “body” !

Up

Yes, please do start the June challenge! It really helps me stay focused! And everyone posting keeps me motivated and in line!

Me too Upagumtree I have just checked and my BMI is 21.8 I am 5.6tall so will look at the June challenge but I don’t want to go much lower me thinks.

Hi all, I’m up for a June challenge too….starting tomorrow on 1st with a weigh in and a fast day so looking for somewhere to keep me motivated, a June challenge bit in the forum would be perfect….one month at a time.

well my total loss for May was 5 pounds was hoping for more but overall i am happy ! Bring on June i have two weeks before i leave for my Europe trip.

Well done everyone on your losses and thank You upagum for hosting the thread.

glad to see you back thirdtime !

My target for May was 5 and I lost….7! Well chuffed with that!

🙂

Well done everyone on fab losses!

Welshy xXx

Hello all on June 1st. I have decided to start from scratch this month having missed a month anyway. OH is below is target even after holidays, but is sticking with me till he’s lost his spare tyre (a small one!)
    I managed to gain 2.5 lbs after holidays which is amazing given all the bevis and carbs.
    Will read the book over again, and now will try to cut the carbs as per my witch doctors advice. I will be eating full fat everything (naturally occurring) so it will be interesting to see what happens.

So – at June 1st my stats are
    Weight – 10 St 4 lbs. (144 lbs)
    Bust 38″
    Waist 36″
    Hips 41″
    BMI 27.2
    TDEE. 1555 cals

Am looking forward to this month as I am hoping my health will start to improve and also my weight will decrease. My target is to reach 10 stone ( or less) by the end of June and I know the support of you all will get me there. Many thanks Up for leading the thread again, you are doing a great job.
    Good luck and happy fasting to everyone

Viewing 36 posts - 51 through 86 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply.