Little Voices – August Challenge! Countdown begins!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – August Challenge! Countdown begins!

This topic contains 323 replies, has 37 voices, and was last updated by  choiminzi 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 324 total)

• Only 2 days left in our stunning July loss, and Third Time Lucky is getting ready to boot Lardy Lad on his fat butt out the door!

And then we turn the page to August, another winning month when we donate our lost pounds to another yet-to-be named soul. Join us here, kiss those unwanted pounds good riddance! Get great fasting tips from the best group on the forums!

See ya soon!

Hi Fit – great to see you have us all lined up in a row ready for the August challenge in LITTLE VOICES..
    Put my name down and really looking forward to it. Having everyone working alongside makes it so much easier and the support for everyone is very special on this thread. Hope you have a good time being our cheery leader for August, and enjoy it as much as I have.
    I will be taking my weight reduction right to the last minute of July to add to Lardy Lad, so see you on this thread August 1st. Hope all the team sign up, and we can all stay in touch. Best wishes TTL

Morning!

Count me in for the full month! I am back on the wagon!

Hey Fit, I’m in. Would be good to let go of 5lb this month. Good luck everyone 🙂

Morning! I have just completed my first week on the 5:2 (although I opted for 4:3 to give me a kick start) lost 7lbs – which I know will be mainly water and stuff and that things will slow right down from now – I would love to join this thread to keep me going through August – thinking of trying to shift between 5 and 7 lbs this month (7lbs would take me to my next stone of which I have 3 to lose to get to my first target). Good luck to everyone – am a little bit excited to think that this actually works….. early days I know, but feeling positive 🙂

Hi Fitnfast
    Count me in. One successful July challenge under the belt (lots more room there now!). I’m aiming to be 2.5kg (5 lb) lighter by the end of August. Fitter and lighter here we come!

Lifesabeach – welcome aboard. I’m fairly new to the lifestyle and did the July challenge. Reading everyone’s ups and downs (with the weight mostly down!) really helped keep me motivated on the Fast Days. I’ve got a marathon ahead but breaking down into smaller chunks is so much more fun.

Ruthy

Thanks Ruthy
    I have decided that this is going to be my main focus at the moment – I have wasted years and years feeling fat – my children (now grown up) hate me feeling this way, not wanting to be in photos etc., and recently I have just not felt well and I am sure it is because of my size. In theory I am a good three and half stone overweight, although I would be happy to lose two. Like you say breaking the challenge into small chunks is a great idea. My next goal is to get under 12 stone (I am 12 stone 4 at the moment)so here’s hoping I can do this in August! Fast day today had a boiled egg and a slice of Vogens soya and linseed toast for dipping. M & S fish pie tonight, don’t normally buy ready made meals but my husband is away and I decided to cheat 😉 Lots of water on the menu for the day, and a glass or two of sparkling water with freshly squeezed lime.

Welcome, everyone, both old friends and new! Engines are started and we are waiting for the starting flag for August challenge!

So, what will we name this poor soul who will cart away our unwanted muffin tops and thunder thighs? Ideas welcome!

I’m in and with no distractions looming such as holidays or birthdays I’m aiming to crack my 2 stone lost since I started fasting in feb 2014. So offering 6lbs to the highest bidder in august!

I quite like Muffin Top as our unfortunate soul. It jumped out at me from your post. Happy to go with the masses though.
    Ruthy

Miss Muffin Top works for me, if everyone else agrees, and will be our first female phantom phat carrier!

So, my thought for the month, from the book “The Power of Appetite Correction”

“Unfortunately, our culture has shoved your wild mustang body into a carousel-horse existence with a cotton candy diet.”

I don’t know about you all, but I kinda like the thought of having a “wild Mustang body”!

I long to be a mustang horse rather than a thewell shetland pony so will keep that as my pin up this month.

Let’s ride little miss muffin top out of this race 😉

Hi Fit and all the other Little Voices August Challengers. I am starting the challenge at 129.6 with the goal of being 125 on 1 September. I was incredibly successful in July with the motivation and inspiration of everyone on the July Challenge, so on we go to reach our goal for August with lots of lbs to donate to Miss Muffin Top. Have a great 1 August everyone.

Right Miss Muffin Top
    In August I am determined to kick off 7lbs – 2 more than I managed for Lardy Lad although things went slightly awry towards the end of the month..
    7lbs would take me from ‘obese’ to ‘overweight’ on the BMI chart which would be too thrilling for words and would also mean that I had lost a whole two stone since commencing in the middle of May.
    I will probably need to at least approach the Fast Beach Diet to have this kind of loss…happy to drop alcohol (almost there anyway) and will try to avoid sugar etc also. Planning my meals better, rather than rummaging in the fridge and thinking ‘that wouldn’t bee too bad’ (!) Committed to 10,000 steps a day with my pedometer – funny, I would have said that I was ‘fairly active’ – my new pedometer begs to differ…
    Off to start ‘stuffin the muffin’ (oops sound a bit rooood!)Good luck all
    Kate Eve x

Hi all, please may I join August’s Little Voices, i did join in July but just played around with it……so new month new start, I am 10 1/2 stone and would love to give Miss Muffin Top some this month and be close to 10 stone by 1 sept. I know 1/2 a stone seems quite a lot, but this is my first month so I am aiming high!! Thank you all for little voices, short monthly goals are a great motivation and I really need it right now…I’m at the point I don’t want to buy clothes, don’t want to go out, I feel flabby and frumpy and have no confidence. I am ready to turn this around. Xx

Kate Eve…love your “stuffin the muffin”, It may become this months moto!!!!

Alright, Muffin-stuffers! We’re off and running! And wow, we have some serious goals and motivation this month!

I will make a list of all names a.d goals later today. I am setting my goal at 8 lbs. It might be difficult since I am on my last 20 lbs but I can get there with your help. Being in this group gives especially me a ton of confidence.

I am having foot surgery next week so no exercise for me after that for 8 weeks, so it will be ALL diet month. I will still do arm weights. I guess I will test out the fact of “Weight is lost at the table; muscle is built at the gym.”

So ,look out Miss Muffin Top, we are gonna load you up!

Hi all. I am back in with a goal of 3 lbs or the end of August, whichever comes first. (Really rooting for the 3 lbs). I have been trying to lose the last few lbs longer than it took for me to lose the original 22 lbs. This month, no more nonsense and half-hearted commitment. Starting with a 4:3 week and will see how it goes. Miss Muffin top and I happily going to subtracting my muffin top and adding it to yours. Welcome to all the new voices and looking forward to hearing from the July voices crowd .

Hi,
    Can I join you for the month too please? I need some support to lose a stone, the very same one I have lost many times but keep finding again. It is my interim target but achievable. I lose a few pounds then go out and put them on again and have been doing this all year. I just want to fit into my clothes without bulging out of them and no I am not buying a bigger size.
    I hope I can stick with this!

Hi Jo, i know exactly how you feel. I lost 7 lbs in the July Challenge because every time I thought of indulging or overeating in any way, I thought of the Challenge and that imy goal was more important to me than any instant gratification , which I knew I would regret. I did not indulge once from 7 July till 31 July, and I plan to do exactly the same till 31 August. You can do it if you really really want to, and I think you do. Here’s to sticking to our goals the whole month.

Hi all you lovely people, plus some new ones too – great response to the new challenge.
    Love the idea of stuffin the muffin..!

I’m going to give myself a little breather this month, so without going daft – I hope to get rid of 3.3/4 lbs which will take me to 9.1/2 stone. This is the weight I got to on my previous diet regime and some people said I was looking ill! don’t want to get to that stage, but I do have some size 12 clothes in my wardrobe that I would like to wear again. It’s a case of seeing how I feel at the time, so – here we go – onwards and downwards……

Over to you Fitnfast…….

Hi, All,

I’m back for August! This month I promise not to elope again, so that should help me stay in a more manageable range of treats on my non-fast days. Last month I was down three lbs instead of the five I had hoped for, but that brought my grand total since I started 5:2 in late April to 20 lbs! Which was a great feeling. I really am beginning to see the changes in my appearance, and it’s so much easier to walk upstairs without huffing and puffing. My knees hurt less and my feet hurt less and I generally have more energy. So to those of you just starting out, hang in here. It works!

My goal for August is another 5 lbs. I still have another 20 to go, so if I can do 5 a month I’ll be really happy, and if I do more, great! I have stuck to the two days of fasting (500 cals a day) every single week since I started this. I’ve overdone it some times on the non-fast days, but my habits are improving.

FitnFast, I have been waiting in line for TWO YEARS to get foot surgery. I will be interested to hear how your recovery goes — and then if the surgeon ever calls me, I will know what to expect.

Hello all, I am in for August. I’m a teacher on summer hols so it’s harder on the fast days these weeks, so I’m aiming for 5lbs this month. Any more will mean some painful days on my supposed holiday! I managed to squeeze into a size 12 again this week due to the support of the July challenge. I am currently 11St 7.5lbs, so aiming for 11st 2.5lbs (or less). A successful 5lbs this month will take me to a total of 20lbs off so fingers crossed, and fridges locked. Xxx

Good evening/morning, fellow fasters! I hope you are all happy, relaxed, and raring to start our world wide gift of excess poundage to our newest designated hitter, Miss Muffin Top!

So how much will the little darlin’ weigh when we get done? 65.35 pounds! Here is our list of “sponsors” and their contributions:

babs_b. ?
    bluezoo. 5
    lifesabeach26. 5-7
    RuthyH. 5
    rubylily. 6
    femme ecossaise 4.6
    Kate Eve. 7
    blacksharp1 7
    DJ757575. 3
    JoBarnaby. ?
    Third time lucky 3-3/4
    MaryWWriter 5
    pinkdodo. 5
    fitnfast. 8

If there is a question mark after your name, let me know what your goal number is for the month, and I will add it.

We have some lofty goals this month, which to me sounds like we are more confident in ourselves that we can JUST DO IT! Speaking of that, where are our brothers? Mike and Action Hero, are you with us? We so enjoy the posts, encouragement, and good humor.

So barring elopements (done), weddings (check), and baby bumps (very good reason to gain!), let me offer up this “prayer”:

To the fasting gods: Lead us not into the temptation of chocolate and pasta, and deliver us from the evil carton of ice cream and crisps. Walk with us as we hold our heads high, welcoming the melting of our stored fat cells and cellulite as we forego the calories that keep us from our skinny jeans.

Amen, sisters!

MaryWWriter, this will be my 2nd foot surgery. The first one was 10 years ago, and it wasn’t too bad. This one will be more complicated (I completely tore apart the tendon in bottom of foot that flexes the big toe so they have to fuse the toe so it won’t curl up…sounds gross, eh?! Then they will redo the previous surgery)

2 weeks non weight bearing, then I think 4 weeks in a boot with partial weight bearing. Outpatient surgery.

What will you be having done? Wish you didn’t have to wait so long!

One thing I do know….this is a walk in the park compared to back surgery!

Good morning all, Sunday morning in this part of the world, and LIFE IS SOOOO GOOD down here in NZ. Yep, count me in again for August with all you lovely ladies, that is as long as I’m allowed to contribute to “stuffin the Muffin”, I think I know what that means !!!

Some great goals set for August above so well done everyone for having the courage to step up and commit. Make sure you write down those goals so you can see them, get a few little Post It Notes and stick them around the house where everyone can see them, especially on places like the outside of the fridge, where you see it every time you open the door, on the bathroom mirror, all those places that you know sometimes trip you up with temptations. Plus by having your family members knowing what your goal is you are asking them to keep you accountable on your months journey.

I feel a little bit humble of all the congratulations for last month, I committed to a fasting regime a lot more intense than most of you guys, just because I wanted to give myself a good kick start and prove to myself that I could commit. I really want to achieve a 15kgs reduction by Christmas (end of November actually) which will take me below 80kgs so my plan is well in place.

This month I will reset my goal to 4kgs (9lbs) reduction which should add to Miss Muffin somewhere that makes her look attractive (not). A few of us will continue our alochol free July month (well almost), I had 3 glasses of wine last month on 2 special dining occassions, however the other 29 days represented approx 70 glasses of wine, a bit scary when you write it down like that, however how many calories do 70 glasses of wine contain???

Looking forward to this month with you all and be strong in your commitments to yourselves. Cheers, Mike

Hi Fit

put me down for 5 lbs this month – started the month with a third fast day instead of the usual ‘feast’ day – and I do mean feast! I do seem to do well, then start the month with a feasting weekend, good fun but not so much fun going backwards before I go forwards.

These challenges are working – after my awful July, was still determined to add a bit of my lard to the lad – wouldn’t done it without a target! So two months into these challenges so far is 7 lb, which I suspect would still be hanging around my ass if not for this challenge!

Thanks!

Hi Action Hero

were you the winner? We were looking up your exhaust all month – thank you for the slipstreaming words of wisdom!

Well done!

Hi Fin, Just wanted to say love the ‘prayer’!! Have a good Sunday. Ray

Hello, Can you explain what Little Voice challenge is, I like a challenge and this looks like a good one with built in motivation! Respect.

Hello!
    Lucky me – just found out about 5:2 yesterday, and I’m excited to start this month long (and life-long) journey with all of you!
    Tomorrow is my first fast day ever, and as I’m in my early 20s, I’m hoping that will give me a bit of an advantage with how much I can expect to lose per month, but we’ll see. Therefore my goal is 9 lbs this month (my overall goal is 35 lbs). Hopefully that is somewhat reasonable. My birthday is the second week of September, and I’m expecting to have something to celebrate!
    I’m in Toronto, Canada by the way.
    Looking forward to it!!

Would love to join as well! How can I find out more about the challenge? It is lonely out here. My goal is 5-7 lbs. Fitnfast my husband had foot surgery a month ago and it has been rough! Good luck!

Welcome, newcomers, and more old friends. I will gladly add you to this month’s tally!

For the newbies, this Challenge is a group of dedicated, fun, warm-hearted lads and classes who decide how many pounds or kegs they want to lose this month. Then we post our successes, our trip-ups, motivations, ideas, etc. Then at the end of each week, we post our loss/gain. Last month, there was even talk of a “cyber prize” for the biggest loser! Albeit an imaginary one!

We name our lost pounds, since we figure it is collectively about the size of a small child. Then at the end of the month, we say goodbye forever, and kick his or her butt out the door forever!

Being with a group keeps you accountable, focused and motivated.

Looking forward to adding you all!

Fast day for me yesterday, and a good one, me thinks! Handful of nuts with a little cream cheese for brunch (after an 18 hour fasting period), then a salad with chicken at 2, and a few more nuts and an oz of cheese last night. I might go into today and just get another fd under my ever-growing loosening belt.

Happy fast/feast day!

Hi,
    I’m out of my comfort zone but determined to start my first fast day tomorrow. Will be motivated by your support as I can see you guys are a great support to each other. Being in NZ, I’ll be losing in kgs. I’m aiming for a 3-4kg loss over August. Is that a reasonable expectation?

Hello all you Little Voices, old and new! Thanks Fit for leading us this month – only two days in and already so many motivational thoughts and visions – and even a prayer! I’m up for the next monthly challenge of ‘stuffin the muffin’ with 3 pounds, hopefully from my muffin top – which I certainly won’t ‘miss’ !

Onwards and downwards Little Voices!

Hi, Slim! If I remember correctly, that translates to about 8 lbs? Since you are just starting, depending on how much y have to lose, it is very reasonable. The first 20 usually go pretty quickly. It sometimes helps to break it down and take one week at a time (only 1 kg this week…easy peasy!), then just get through one fast day, one hour at a time. Prepare and plan your day, stay busy, some of us chew gum, read, walk, whatever keeps your mind off food.

We are with you all the way, girl!

Hi fitnfast
    I need to put a target don’t I? Well I am going to be very conservative and say 4lbs as my body does not give pounds away lightly. That will be good for me and if more then happy days.
    I love the idea of stickers and will put them in strategic places. I am doing Monday’s and Thursday’s if possible so a normal day today. I am so pleased I am doing this! X

Thank you for welcoming me into this group – what a great bunch of people, and such inspiring and funny uplifiting comments. I am planning on continuing with 3 fast days Mon, Weds and Fri next week as I have friends coming to stay next weekend so I need to compensate for that. So pleased with the way this plan helps you make better decisions on non-fast days. Had my lovely daughter pop over to have dinner with me yesterday as I was alone for the weekend, I cooked roast chicken with roasted veggies and sweet potato wedges cooked with just a little spray of olive oil. My daughter didn’t even ask where were the sausages, stuffing, roast potatoes or gravy, she loved every mouthful! no puds either, I was absolutely stuffed and that was after 2 big swims in the very cold West Sussex sea and a 5 mile brisk walk. Although I’m not fasting over the weekend, I am planning on just having 2 meals today (to try and make up for the 3 glasses of wine last night), smoked salmon and scrambled eggs at lunch and then an M & S ready-meal tonight (I usually always home-cook but it’s nice to cheat once in a while whilst my hubby is away – not cooking that is!!!). Looking forward to stuffin the muffin – hope my goal of 5 – 7 lbs isn’t too crazy as this is my 2nd week on the fast diet and I know the first week is always the easiest (I lost 7lbs!) it will probably slow right down now?…. Good luck everyone 🙂

Thanks for your reply Fit. Would be so happy to lose 1 kg per week. Am off to bed ready for a focussed, busy day to start the week tomorrow!

Wow, what wonderful posts from everyone, and I can almost feel the commitment over cyberspace.
    I decided to relax and have a day off yesterday pretty much ate what I wanted (except the carbs) and am down 1/2 lb! Really pleased with that start to the month. So stuff that Muffin Top!

Just so folk know – I discovered two months ago I have an allergy to wheat. Cut it out of my diet which helped a lot. Then decided to cut out processed carbs entirely. Bread, pasta, rice, cakes, pastry, biscuits, potatoes too – and this has definitely helped me to consistently to lose weight, to the point where I am almost at target. two months in and really the only thing I am missing is the delish bread OH makes. (Nothing to put my peanut butter on) however I’ve now got a bread recipes that uses nuts and seeds, so will give that a try. Tried eating gluten free stuff when out but decided the feeling I get afterwards wasn’t worth it.

One thing I have learned in this WOE is to listen to my body. I now know when I’m full, or when a certain food is not doing me any good. All you newbies,, just try to listen to your body, it’s amazing what you will hear!

Hope you enjoyed your chocolate fish Action and that it didn’t start a chocolate craving! Wonder you will get the cyber prize at the end of August. Good luck everyone and here we go”…………..TTL

Hi TTL, I am sure my success in July is down to the fact that I did not eat processed carbs. My carbs were purely from vegetables. The last time I successfully lost 20 lbs was by low carbing. I know that if I eat all the things you mentioned I cannot stop. It is as if my appetite is stimulated and I just want more and more. I know there are lots of people who can eat carbs and lose lbs but I am not one of them!!! Fortunately, I dont miss them, and dont know why on earth I started eating them again, and, needless to say gained back 15 of those 20 lbs. For me it is much easier not to eat processed carbs.

I also low to no carb. Some of us just can’t handle much at all…Even fruits and veggies. That is the only way I lose…plus the 16 hour daily fast. Also, your body doesn’t require carbs at all..just protein and fat. Interesting!

Hate to bring the mood down, but bowel cancer is the second biggest cancer killer in the UK, almost always down to low fibre intake – women should be getting 18-30g a day to help prevent this, so we definitely need carbs for that, plus i think there are lots of minerals and nutrients that are only found in fruity and veggie (fibre filled) carbs. I agree with the refined nastiness, but fruit and veg is definitely a must!!! Xxx

Sorry, dietitian cousin just been round! I’m repeating her advice!! Xxx

Hi Pink, I do eat lots of veg, but not the starchy ones. I have a huge salad for lunch every day, and with dinner I always have 2 veg, but again not starchy ones. I had a beautiful nectarine for dessert at lunch. I love fruit but my downfall is usually dried fruit because I always want more, so now I dont eat them. This is the only way I can lose weight. Ray

That sounds like the best option then, I’m a bit obsessed with my fibre intake at the moment, I wasn’t meaning to come across judgy! 🙂 xxx

Femme and Fit, so good to know I’m not alone with the no- carb ethos. Carbs do one of two things for us, burned as fuel or stored as fat. Eating carbs causes your blood glucose to rise, so insulin is released to bring the level down. If you don’t burn the carbs immediately, then the liver turns it to fat. Repeat, repeat!
    I can only speak for myself, and I feel much healthier and my digestive system seems to be working better since passing on refined carbs. Of course, as Femme points out, starchy vegetables ie: those growing below ground, or legumes, are full of carbs, plus other things. I believe I am getting enough fibre from the other fruit and vegetables I eat, plus nuts and seeds, and my bowels seem to be working much better since ditching the carbs, plus drinking lots more water. Oh dear, probably too much information here, don’t mean to preach, so apologise in advance if anyone takes offence.

I just made a chicken curry for dinner, and made cauliflower rice for the first time. I was a little sceptical as I’m not overly fond of cauliflower, but it was delicious! Will def make it again, and not many calories either.

Looking forward to fast day tomorrow. Hope you all have a great day. TTL

Great explanation,, TTL. I find I am always having to defend my stance on low carbs.
    Pink dont worry about seeming judgy. I didnt take offence. I just know what works for me. I am overweight because for years I ate wholemeal toast for breakfast, wholemeal sandwiches for lunch, and then, of course, home baking and lots of other carbs. However, those days sre over. I think we all have to do what works for us. Unfortunately, it took me a long time to discover what works for me!!! Ray

Morning everyone, have just been catching up on all the great Posts overnight (my time) and reading the amazing goals people are setting for August, isn’t it great how with a little bit of support and belief people’s resolve kicks in and their belief that 2 or 3 pounds per week or 7 pounds per month are not impossible and if others can do it then I just might be able to do the same…

And the best part about this is we can all help each other, most of us can even relate to discussing Bowel movements too so please don’t hold back because be assured that whatever is discussed on here will help someone who will sit back and say to themselves “hey, I experienced that too so maybe I’m not different after all”

The best post I read was from Slim2be, yehhh another Kiwi in the group, I’m not alone anymore, so watch out you lot up there in the North and over there in the States, when 2 Kiwis combine their enthusiasm the World takes notice.

So Slim2be, you and I have a big task this month, keeping this competitive group on their toes and ensuring us Down Under here in New Zealand fly our flag high and strong for everyone to see.

TTL, here’s some images of my Prize last month: (1 only of course)
    https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=chocolate+fish+nz&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CDcQsARqFQoTCMSV7NiRi8cCFSMipgodVlAO1Q&biw=1344&bih=742

I don’t know whether this link will post, I tried once before and it wouldn’t submit so if it does then you’ll realise why a Chocolate Fish is such a great treat LOL

A thought for the week to help us focus on our goals for August:

“Sacrifice is giving up something good for something BETTER”

Make a little Post It sticky note with this on it and stick it on the door of the Fridge, it may help someone when times get hard..

Take care everyone and have a great first week of our August journey.

Hi

re fibre – nuts are a good source. And perhaps not as high in calories as you might think!

On a food programme I saw the other night, apparently you only absorb 30-40% of the calories, the rest just goes through your system – including the fat molecules within. Of course I think that means 60% of the fibre goes through too, but the fibre in nuts is insoluable fibre anyway and so presume it is supposed to – and it helps your digestive system.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 324 total)

You must be logged in to reply.