Is 6-1 almost as efficient as 5-2 when it comes to IGF-1?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Science of intermittent fasting
Is 6-1 almost as efficient as 5-2 when it comes to IGF-1?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SAMM 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• I have eaten 5-2 for almost a year now and I love it. But I also hear about many people just eating 6-1.

But for who is 6-1 suitable? More specifically: Is 6-1 almost as efficient as 5-2 if you are only interested in keeping down the IGF-1 level in your blood, and not interested at all in loosing weight?

isn’t 6-1 more about sustaining current weight? but still reaping the benefits in terms of blood sugar and cholesterol?

That is what I would like to know too. Maybe there just hasn’t been enough research to give any guidelines.

My take on the diet is for one that you give your body time to repair itself if you keep from food for about 16 hours. But does eating a full days amount then undo the benefits of those 16 hours?

I guess my maintenance will be alternate weeks of 5:2 and 6:1. And here and there an additional 16:8 followed by a normal day’s worth of calories.

Just guessing that 4:3 would be more to maintaining igf-1. Where as ADF would be ideal for maintaing igf-1 after 96 hour fast.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply.