If your clothes are looser but the scales are the same, read on

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
If your clothes are looser but the scales are the same, read on

This topic contains 3,750 replies, has 216 voices, and was last updated by  annette52 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,951 through 2,000 (of 3,800 total)

• Hello all,
    I have had a terrible week. Too much eating and drinking and not enough fasting!!
    My daughter starts her first teaching job today so things should settle down and get back to normal. I WILL fast today!
    The weather up north is not too great either, I have a new fence to paint if it ever dries out! Saw some intense showers yesterday whilst driving up the A1 – with thunder and lightning for good measure. The road flooded in no time at all, quite scary.
    Good luck on the HM Annette, most I have managed is about 15km. Don’t think I could do a 10k at the moment but would like to get back into running, I have had a few injuries which set me back and make me nervous to run again.
    I’m also a Big Bang fan but haven’t watched it for ages, might find time this evening for a few episodes!

Thank you for the messages of support for Sunday.I have only been running for 7 weeks after a break of almost a year, so went from no miles to 20 miles a week following a beginners half training programme. It was a 12 week schedule, but a recurrent ear infection and 2 courses of antibiotics meant that i missed 4 weeks. Not ideal but thought I would give it a whirl.

Fingers crossed that all goes well for your daughter Iona. I work in a senior school and all the new teachers look like the 6th form!

Back from hols and lovely to catch up with all your news. I so admire all your exercise efforts! Had a wonderful time in Bermuda, stayed with husband’s relatives in the past but this time we had an apartment. We knew cost of living was high but the cost of groceries was eye watering. Particularly the healthy stuff like fruit and veg. We were 10 mins walk from a great snorkelling beach and went for a few hours almost every day. Feel I got a bit fitter with the walking and swimming. Must have burnt some cals as surprised to find only gained a couple of pounds despite massive fried fish sandwiches! Probably also due to the fact we couldn’t afford to eat!

Back to work at school for me with a new temporary headteacher, and my son started junior school today.

Might go for a fast day tomorrow as now four pounds off original goal. I did wear a bikini though so I am really pleased I found the FD.

Hope the weather cheers up for any further training Annette.

Thanks cinderella. I am hoping for a cool overcast morning, which would be perfect. Just done the last taper run on 2 miles. Washing all my clothes now for the big day so that I can choose which shorts and which top to wear on the big day.

I am convinced that the majority of the year 7’s that I have passed today are never 11 or anywhere near it. They are so bright eyed and excited, with there pristine uniforms…I give it to half term before the shine comes off.

Bermuda sounds fabulous even if expensive. Very jealous of the bikini wearing too….Well done!

Hi Everyone!

Will be thinking of you this weekend Annette as you do your race. I’ll be anxious to hear how everything turned out. Hope you find it enjoyable…..it is certainly an accomplishment!

Scale was the same this morning, as expected. 3 good workouts this week have left me with some sore muscles which tend to make the scale go up a bit. Fluid retention and all that. I’m not stressing about it until I get home from my trip at the end of September. One more week to work and then off I go!

The next 3 days will be spent on the golf course. Hard to believe that the weather is supposed to be very nice all 3 days! I expected at least 1 day of rain.

Good luck Annette!

Good luck from me too Annette, don’t forget there is no shame in run walk run! Check out Jeff Galloway for info, I’m a big fan.
    Enjoy your weekend Lori, I’m sure you will have better weather than here in NE England, cold enough for the central heating to come on this morning.
    I’m just cooking for a Chilli competition tomorrow amongst our group of friends! Will be very disappointed if I’m not in the top 3!! I’m also resisting the box of chocolates my daughter has just opened, too late in the day to ruin my FD!

Thanks Lori and Iona. Just leapt on the scales to see what the damage is after 2 weeks of not fasting/running 20 miles a week/eating above my TDEE and the result is that my weight is the same. Very pleased but also now very aware that any weight loss is simply down to what I put into my gob…or rather don’t!

I have just 2 goals for the half, not to get injured and not to be last. It is regarded as a fast flat course and there will be lots of fast club runners taking part out of a total maximum of 2k places.So, being last is a real possibility.

Today I will be baking cakes, pottering in the garden and doing some pre and post race food shopping. Trying to decide whether I will brave the shorts and vest top for a 07.30 departure when it will be rather chilly, but I also know that by the time I am an hour into the run I will be rather warm. I will carry the positive vibes from you when the going gets tough.

Hi Annette

The best of luck, have a great day.

I once did the first Newcastle marathon, my men fall over laughing whenever it is mentioned. They don’t believe me, I reckon

But I found it great fun, I’m sure you will too. Ho get ’em, gal!!!!!

Go Annette! I once saw a T-shirt that said on the back “Please let there be someone back there to read this” LOL! Just remember, even if you are last, you’re still ahead of everyone who didn’t even start! I think it’s awesome!

Had a lousy night’s sleep last night. Not sure what the problem was, but I finally gave up and got up at 4AM. The husband was restless too….maybe that was why I was awake? Anyway, we’ll both be napping this afternoon, no doubt. I’ll be thru playing golf around noon, then it’s home for a shower and some lunch and then I’ll probably conk out.

Have a good day!

Hello All

I’m adding my best wishes for you tomorrow, Annette. The main hope is that you don’t get injured but also that you finish ahead of the last person! As Lori says, though, you’ll still be ahead of most of the population of Bath and Bristol 😉

The same wishes apply to you and your chilli competition, Iona. Please avoid oral burns!

I had a terrible night’s sleep on Wednesday, Lori. I feel I’ve only just caught up. Enjoy your snooze!

I don’t have much to say about 5:2 today. Yes I am avoiding the subject! I’ll get back in the saddle soon, I believe I will.

BB x

Thank You! Very amused by the t shirt…but very frightened of the challenge ahead. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Hope you sleep well, Annette x

BB getting to sleep was hard but leapt out of bed this am.
    Very hot run, little shade but I wasn’t last and I did get round in 1 piece. I was also 12 minutes faster than I thought I might be, so very pleased.

Annette – THAT IS FANTASTIC!! Many congratulations on your success. You deserve it! It’s very inspiring.

It has been hot today, hasn’t it? Never mind, just think of all that Vitamin D you have absorbed.

I hope you have a lovely recuperative evening.

BB
    x

Thank you. Factor 50 on as I wore a vest and shorts. I feel OK apart from a splitting headache and sore abs. Expecting to unveil Jess Ennis-Hill abs tomorrow morning!

Just cooking a roast, so hope to feel better after that. Haven’t managed to eat much since finishing.

Congratulations Annette! So happy for you! 12 minutes faster than you thought you would be? WOW!!! Hope you’re able to eat your dinner and feel a bit better.

Another day on the golf course with 1 more tomorrow. I didn’t play very well today, but not awful either. It doesn’t matter, it’s just a silly game after all.

All showered and finally sitting down. I have a pile of laundry waiting, but it’ll still be here tomorrow. 😉

Take care everyone.

You are a star Annette!!! Hope the headache went, cos there will be other pains tomorrow!!!

And I do hope you enjoyed that dinner. Your comment about the calories from exercise not going very far makes you think, but the exercise will have improved your heart and toned you – so much more important! And at least you did enough to offset some sweeties, hope your REALLY enjoyed them!!

Thank you all for your wonderful support. Clearly following a training schedule helped as I feel fine today apart from very sore abs, and sadly no sign of a 6 pack!
    Here is the maths for HM day, bearing in mind my TDEE is 1800.
    Bfast 400
    Ran/walked 13.1=1500 calories..really..that is all.
    During the run sports drink=140 cals and jelly beans (378 cals/100g)consumed 150g=567 cals.
    Post race 1 pint of milk=190 cals
    Tube of pringles=1000
    pain chocolat 411 calsx2=822 cals
    Roast dinner=500
    Grand total of calories scoffed=3619 Calories earned 1500.
    I forgot to step on the scales this morning but will try and remember tomorrow to see what the damage is. I am going to try to be mindful this week and will join you all next week with x2 FD of 500 and 5 NFD of no more than 1800.

Glad to hear you’re feeling good today Annette! You are right…the training makes the difference!

After 3 days in a row of golf, I can truly say that I’m glad I don’t have to play tomorrow! I got 5 shots worse each day, so I wasn’t overly happy with my scores. Oh well. I’m glad to be able to be out there hacking around and chasing the little white ball!

Have a good week everyone!

So pleased to hear you did it Annette, well done you! 12 minutes in running speak is a lot I imagine. Fascinating about the calories, as Milena said it’s your heart and physique that will have benefited. You can feel very proud of yourself.

I nearly did a fast day on Friday but had some potatoes with dinner. I’ve decided not to fast for this week as feel a bit stressed at work so it’s one more thing to plan. I remember year 7s looking tiny Annette, I’ve moved to primary now so it is tiny year Rs!

Have a great week all.

Morning All,
    I am taking this week off and seem to be carb-loading post race!Too frightened to step on the scales before the weekend. Back to pud this week and any sweet stuff that i have in the house, although it is always available at work.I will be back next week though and on a mission to shift further inches and lbs before half term and then the end of term.

I am thinking about joining a running club to simply go from very slow to OK. I might go along next week just to see what it is like. It is so hard to train during the winter and perhaps this might be the way forward for me as I am thinking about taking part in a very local Half in the spring. It would certainly be easier to do if i was half a stone lighter…food for thought.

Getting ready to head out on vacation. I’ll be rejoining you all in a couple weeks!

Cheers!

Annette, apologies for being so late with my congratulations – you did great, well done!
    Lori – enjoy your trip, I have been to Seattle once and really liked it, despite the rain!

I’ve had a good week until today, lost a pound, but tonight I indulged on Indian takeaway :-(. I didn’t even enjoy it and felt awful afterwards. I will have to go easy tomorrow as we have a party to attend for my niece who is 21.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Thanks Iona. I am fully recovered and had a FD yesterday. All went well and now that lb that I put on has gone too. Back to my pre race weight, so now a mission to lose that 5lb to reach the lowest weight that I have been in 25 years-definitely a Champagne moment!

I took my son out for an Indian meal for his Birthday, not something I had done in months. I found it a real struggle and only managed to eat half, I also felt rather bloated afterwards. Lesson learned.

Out this evening to eat and drink too.

I have found the past week quite tough, to keep within the TDEE and complete 2 FD..properly. On the plus side I have maintained this weight rather than gain.

Christmas food starting to appear in the supermarkets which is starting to make me worry about that too. I will not put on 10 lb this year!

My jeans are falling down and loose, which is lovely but galling when the scales don’t shift.

BB I went along to the uni running club. They are very fast, even the beginners(3 of us) and they ran up the road to the uni!!! I am not going back unless I am fitter and faster. The core exercises gave me very sore abs all week.

I managed 1 FD this week but I also went to an Indian with friends so any effect will be wiped out! Plenty of snacking going on too. I did not weigh this week but my middle feels squidgy, you are what you eat!

Annette, does the old ‘muscle weighs more than fat’ apply to you or is that theory out of date? You must have gained a fair bit of muscle recently! Any inches gone if the jeans are falling down? Good luck with the 5lb mission!

I feel your pain cinderella, I am struggling too. I am in the midst of the 2nd FD this week but there is a long time to go before bed!

I am more toned and have more definition but then that is probably just because there is less fat providing the padding. I am not convinced by the more muscle weighs more than fat theory, although if you compare 1 lb of fat to 1 lb of muscle on the internet, it is quite clear how much space fat takes up under the skin in comparison to muscle.

My jeans sliding down is a real joy but as my measurements haven’t changed I have to assume that there is shrinkage elsewhere. I hope to shed this 5 lb before the festive season and keep it off, but it is just pitiful what my TDEE is at 5 lb less of me.

I have started Pilates out of a book as I have no doubt that I have a week core. When I completed the Half, my abs were very sore for days, although my legs were fine, so clearly the training had paid off putting in the miles. I hope to be more toned and stronger.

Hello again everyone (at long last)

I have been reading this thread off and on (and the ‘I am a binger’ one – also frequented by Our Annette ) so thanks for posting and sorry that yet again I have been remiss in sharing.

Over the past few weeks, I had slid back into bingeing, going right back to old habits of 3 confectionery bars at one time; or a packet of biscuits at a sitting, with the inevitable bruising to my self esteem. Although I am still in my size 14 trousers, they were getting more and more snug. I began to worry where it would all end.

A couple of weeks ago, I did manage a 5:2 week but sabotaged that by overeating towards the end of the week. I’ve still not weighed myself, though, as I know exactly how I would react if/when the scales showed an increase. I am due to go to Bath Uni again end Oct, for another fitness test, so I’ll get weighed by them. The Hiit and resistance workout regime has gone out of the window, too. However, I have been cycling quite a lot and I can tell my fitness hasn’t declined too much. (Phew!)

So, after my 3rd binge in a week on Saturday evening, I found the motivation to change my behaviour. Rather than thinking about FDs, for the moment I am concentrating on my NON FDs, as I reckon that is the weak link in the chain. For the past 3 days, I have eaten within my TDEE – counting calories. I usually chafe against counting but the structure feels helpful at the moment. I have also, without too much planning, been doing ‘window eating’, so I’m experiencing that empty feeling for most of the day. Ages ago, I remember someone who had reached goal posting that they ate only 1 meal a day, of 1800 calories. At the time, it sounded outlandish but I’m finding it’s pretty much suiting me. I have been having some almonds and fruit at ‘teatime’, which gives me enough fuel to prepare a biggish dinner. And of course I am still drinking my regular cups of tea with milk throughout the day. The rest goes on a satisfying evening meal. My hope is to gradually add fasting – once or twice a week – back into the mix.

So at the moment I’m enjoying feeling ‘exploratory’ again about what and how I eat. My binges are never exploratory: they always feel as though I’m acting out an old, old, unsatisfying script! Yet I recognise this phase will end, too – I am very likely to overeat and even binge again at some point. At least now I have a bit more faith that I shall continue with the whole process of trying to nurture myself healthily and lovingly, despite setbacks.

Best wishes to everyone
    BB

Nice to hear from you BB. I had a read of the binger thread, sounds a lot like me the last couple of weeks!

Having come back from holiday with only 1 or 2lbs extra it has all gone to pot a bit. I had a birthday which meant a cake and two little boxes of chocs that didn’t last long! Then there was charity cake in the staff room… I’ve eaten cake out with coffee too. I feel like I’m made of cake! Then a big pub Sunday lunch with syrup sponge pudding. I felt so uncomfortable after that meal it was interesting that my stomach must have shrunk.

I did manage a FD yesterday, but not brave enough to weigh or measure. Like Annette I think I need a mini goal for Christmas!

Hello Friends!

My…I have been gone a long time! We had a wonderful 2 week vacation on the West Coast of the USA and I’m now trying to get back in the swing of things. I managed to gain 5 lbs in the 2 weeks, but 2 of them went the first day. I haven’t weighed since, but am not optimistic as I haven’t managed a fast day since our return on Sunday. I will plan to get back on track come Monday, the 5th. This week has been for getting back to boot camp and getting caught up at home and at work. Not an easy task!

Hope you are all well and ready for a new start in the new month if it’s needed! I sure need it! 😉

Welcome back, Lori. I hope your transition to ‘normal’ life is going ok. Good luck with resuming 5:2 and bootcamp. I’m sure you’ll do well. 5lbs doesn’t sound too bad for 2 weeks of kicking over the traces 🙂

Thanks, Cinderella, for your comment. Annette, I hope you’re ok too.

I have gone about 250 cals over my TDEE today – but NO sugar. Very pleased with that! I had 1 big meal about 2pm but very quickly felt quite hungry again. I just embraced the hunger, though. It felt like genuine, rather than addictive, hunger, so I knew it would pass.

It’s my 5th day of keeping track of my calories and this is about where I can start to go off track, particularly if I’ve gone over TDEE. My ‘Blow it, then, I’ll go wild’ thinking can kick in. I still feel motivated to keep going, though. I don’t yet have a FD planned but do intend to reincorporate them sooner rather than later. I’ll maybe do 6:1 next week.

Hope all UK-ers are enjoying this beautiful Indian/St Luke’s summer we’re having.

BB x

Morning All Fast Friends,

There is no doubt in my mind that NFD are the weak link in my chain too. There are biscuits, puddings and cakes at work and I often find one in my hand, which is a shame as I thought that I was free from that(apparently not) and so I intend to get back to logging every day just what I am consuming. I found it really helped to both learn what the calorie cost was of those items and just how much in calorie terms I was scoffing.

I have also experimented with FD food and tried eating most of the calories at mid day and that has been fine but I do need to find something to do in the evening!

The measurements are about the same, the weight is on a slow downward trajectory and my jeans are starting to look comical but I am between sizes, so they will have to do for some time yet.I have had to go out and buy new tights as mine were falling down.

I went out for a run the other day when I got home from work in the glorious sun and although it was just 3 miles, I felt fabulous when I got home. Far far better than chocolate, cake or ice cream….a thought that I am tying to hold onto.

Good Morning!

Annette…I’m right there with you. I am determined to get the sugar monkey off my back starting tomorrow. I’ll weigh in and make tomorrow my official “re-start”. This week I’ve used the excuse of getting caught up at home & work and have not taken time to think about what I’ve been inhaling. 😉

My boot camp routine is back in place, so now it’s time to get the eating back in hand.

Keep the faith everyone…we can do it!

Hello

Great to hear from your both. Well done to both for the exercise. Great you’re back in boot camp routine so efficiently after your holiday, Lori. I bet the run was gorgeous, Annette.

Yesterday I had a planned ‘ad lib’ day. After a hearty breakfast, I went for a cycle ride with a friend (along the good old Railway Path!). We collected some windfall damsons (jam ahoy!) and I had a latte and brownie at our cafe stop, which I thoroughly savoured. My eating was a bit “random” the rest of the day (yeah, I’m down with the teenagers!!!) That was mainly because I was sooo tired and couldn’t get myself together to cook. I ate mainly oatcakes, cheese and jam – I’ve had a lot worse on similar days in the past. The big difference came this morning, when I gently but clearly confirmed to myself that I am back to TDEE today. So often, one ‘free’ day leads to a week of no restraint at all around food. I have quite a busy week ahead but I aim to have 1 FD later in the week.

I have felt too physically tired to do much HiiT recently but not to worry, my overall activity level has shot up recently.

I think I’m pretty much between sizes, too, Annette but, like you, I’m waiting until I’m certain that I have dropped a size before buying new. Re your tights, a naughty thought has just entered my mind: “Nora Batty”!

Yes, Lori, let’s all keep the faith … look how far we have come already!

Nora Batty they are BB! Constant hitching them up when the brief cold snap hit. Hopefully, these ones are going to be much better.
    I had a day in London at a conference which meant a very early start and picnic lunch provided and then a tired journey home. I ate biscuits,cakes fruit and sandwiches and then the only thing my poor tired brain fancied was a tube of Pringles, not a great choice but there we are. I managed to share almost a quarter of them with a very interesting woman who sat beside me as we chatted until she got off 10 minutes from my stop, so that was a result.
    I am still eating odd stuff today but never mind. There will be 2 FD, a meal out with friends and the challenge of not exceeding a TDEE over 5 days.I am focused on the next 2 weeks until half term, then I will have full control over my eating. I am also thinking about starting training for the Bath Half and have suggested to my son that a marathon might be an idea! I can’t repeat his response, and as I struggle round 13 miles, it seems rather bonkers, but I met a person yesterday who must be 60+ who took up running at 50 after giving up smoking and has now run 7 marathons! Awesome.

Hello!

This morning’s weigh in reveals that I have lost all the vacation “fluff” and am back to dealing with the “hard lard” that has been a part of me for far too long! I was quite surprised by the weigh in as I did nothing but eat and sit all weekend! Well, I did do laundry and go for groceries, but not much else! Thank goodness for the boot camp muscles which burn calories even when I’m on my bum!

I have my eating for the day all logged on MFP and will do my best not to deviate. I’m trying to stick around 1,000 calories since I did boot camp this morning. Trying to stick to 500 on boot camp days is nearly impossible. As I ease back into weight loss mode, I’m going to try 800-1,000 calorie fast days and go from there. Not technically fasting, but at least being mindful.

Hope you’re all having a good start to your week.

Hello Everyone

Well done on getting to ‘base camp’, Lori! Great that you shifted the vacation pounds so quickly.

I’ve been feeling very tired for the past few days. I began to wonder whether I could officially say I was ‘coming down with something’ but no other symptoms except tiredness. I was doing fine until yesterday evening and then I had a carb blowout: muesli, sugar and milk x 2 bowls. Today has been even worse: I’ve eaten a lot of oatcakes/bread and jam. One success, though, was that I picked up but then put back a bar of chocolate at the supermarket.

Off to bed now in hopes of feeling more committed tomorrow.

Take care of yourselves
    BB

Hi guys, been away for a little trip to London, need to catch up on the forum and get myself back into gear, hope you are all doing ok, talk soon.

Good Morning!

Seems like we’ve all been busy without much time to post. I’m thinking the coming winter will have us spending more time here.

I had a great night’s sleep! My cat didn’t get me up until 5:30! I went to bed at 9, so I was in bed a long time! I needed it after a couple night’s of not so good sleep.

I think I’ve been doing ok with my eating this week. I didn’t weigh this morning, but will check it tomorrow. Funny…I feel thinner across my shoulders this week. My shirts don’t seem to fit right…odd feeling. Someone I hadn’t seen for a few months saw me last night and said “Wow! You’re really losing weight!” I said, “Not according to the scale, but I do feel like I have.” I think the muscle from all the boot camp workouts is skewing the number on the scale. That’s ok with me! The muscle is a fat burning furnace and that’s what we all want, right? We always say we want to lose weight, but what we really want to lose is FAT!

Speaking of muscles, we did a lot of work with weights at boot camp yesterday and boy, am I feeling it! By this afternoon, I probably won’t be able to raise my arms! 😉

Welcome back Iona…hope you had a great trip!

Later!

Morning All,
    It has been a bit of a struggle for the past week or so, which is interesting as these are the same few weeks that I have not been keeping a log of what I have eaten and kept to my TDEE. Coincidence? I don’t think so.
    As it is getting chilly here, I will be off to buy some tins of soup that will be both easy/quick/filling and very tasty for when I get home from work.I am going to try that to fool the brain that I do not need anything else, although soup without bread to dunk is still a bit of a struggle!
    Just 5 days left at work and then half term. The plan is to get back to running(I am more reluctant when it is grey and chilly) and get back to 5 days of my TDEE which is 5lb less than I actually am(my next mini goal)which is also my huge goal to reach before Christmas.As well as sticking rigidly to 500 cals on the x2 FD rather than the additional calories that I have been scoffing.
    So, back to the daily mantra of ‘just for today’ and also setting myself the challenge of seeing what I can achieve in 2 weeks by following the plan rigidly. I know that I will be less of me, quite why I am so resistant is a bit of a mystery.
    I have wanted a tummy tuck for years but although I have noticed that the fold of fat has been getting smaller, I now realize that it has gone! I do have a small crease at the top of each thigh, but I am very hopeful that this too will disappear in time. Those winter trousers that I have never worn, but claimed to be the same size as the 1 pair that I could get into….I can now wear! The elusive pink linen shorts are fitting better, but I am convinced that although they are labelled as a 12, they are actually a 10. Never mind, they are my goal for next spring.
    How is everyone getting on?

Hi Annette! Status quo here. Lost the vacation poundage, but have yet to chip into the hard lard. I’m changing things drastically starting tomorrow, so I will be a sad girl. No more cheese or hummus, which have been my main stays for months. Perhaps this is why the scale has not budged?? We’ll see.

I played golf yesterday and am going back for more today. I sure hope I play better today, it was not pretty. Oh well, it was a nice day out with friends no matter what the score reflected.

Good luck with getting back into the running Annette. Like you, I struggle to be outside when it gets grey and chilly. Big congrats on the clothes you can now wear that were once too tight! Awesome feeling!

Have a lovely day!

Hi Lori,
    Hummus is huge in calories. I like it, but make my own very very occasionally if I have people to share it with, but it is also all the things that one can dip into it or spread it on that make it a very calorific snack.
    I have just talked myself into going out for a run. It is grey and cool and I really thought about not going after I had changed, but I did and I feel much much better. I really struggle through the grey wet days and I think that exercise is the key to helping with that. Just signed up for a 10K in 4 weeks and I would love to get faster, so that is my motivation for now. Just stepped out of the shower and noticed that there is a large indentation at rest between my shoulder blades and upper arms, which is thrilling as the fat melts there too. Just wish it would concentrate on my tummy!!
    Don’t be sad Lori, just think of what you will be gaining in being slimmer. You can still have cheese and hummus but as part of your TDEE, so you will either decide to forgo other things or make different choices on some days.
    Onwards and downwards Fast Friends

Hi there

I’ve had a difficult week, struggling with depression. When I feel like that, I find it impossible to cook and eat properly, so there are periods of food deprivation alternating with, when I do eat, carb overconsumption. When depressed, I feel exhausted, so exercise has gone out of the window.

My friend took me for a meal last night, which was nurturing. I’ve felt a little better today. I hope it’s the beginning of a gradual emergence.

Best wishes for your aims in the coming week.

Sorry to hear you’ve been feeling down BB. Be good to yourself and come back to us when you can. (((Hugs)))

Sending you hugs BB.
    Never mind about exercise, just try to eat well. I will do some research as I understand that some food may help and some may hinder depression.
    Take care of yourself and stay in touch. More hugs…

Thank you so much, my dear Fast Friends.

The good news today is that I have taken a lamb chop out of the freezer, so it looks as though I shall be cooking myself a decent dinner! My next-door-but-one neighbours run a veg box scheme so this last week my fridge has been full of nutritious fresh veg. The big hurdle for me, when I feel like this, is thinking how to cook it; preparing it; then clearing up, so even the food becomes a source of giving myself a hard time. (I have a feeling you’ll recognise those sort of thought processes yourselves!) But today I feel up to that small challenge, which in turn makes me feel better.

Good luck with your own Mondays

Speak soon
    BB
    x

Have a good day BB & enjoy that dinner!

I’m determined to make this a good week. My sister is coming for the weekend, so that means I’ll be eating and drinking more than usual, although this past weekend I did drink a bit extra on the golf course! OY! Oh well…probably our last time playing till Spring.

My goals for the next 5 days are no cheese & no hummus! I can easily make a meal of swiss cheese, hummus and pretzels. Sigh……Not this week! Hoping to shift a few pounds this week and see a lower number on the scale than I’ve seen in awhile!

Make it a good week!

Hi all. Will be checking out my shoulder blades in the morning and am now dreaming of hummus on toast…. Sorry to hear you’re feeling down BB.

We’ve had a sunny few days here. Helped out at a school working party on Sunday so that’s kind of exercising. My weigh in showed no loss or gain but have only been doing one FD per week so I was relieved to see that I had managed to compensate for the cake eating week! Moving to 2 fast days now as definitely feel more matronly and middle aged with extra weight. Weird how a couple of pounds can seem to be 2 inches on the waist.

Been looking for inspiration in the fast cook book as Fed up with my Waitrose Cajun chicken breast. Tried a bean and tuna concoction and haddock with egg so far. For lunch I usually have strawberries with natural yoghurt or red pepper soup. Today had to go into a Burger King with my son on a FD! And they were featuring spiced pumpkin latte for Halloween! Didn’t I do well? Have a good week all.

Hello everyone, I recognise a lot of what you have been talking about. Lots of stumbling blocks along the way.I need to get motivated to exercise more (at all) – once a week at the gym is all I’ve managed of late. Even my aged dog won’t go for a walk now and it’s just weird going without him! Don’t mention hummus, I love it especially with a hunk of goats cheese and pitta bread, but let’s not even think about that.
    Hope you are feeling better BB? I’ve been a bit down myself lately since I returned from my trip, had a big fall out with hubby at the weekend, which looking back seems ridiculous, but it’s taken me some time to move on. The scale is static so I’m making a big effort this week to try and move it down, just one pound would make me happy. Keep on keeping on, never give up!

Just a quick note before I dash out to work. Remember that we are aiming to lose fat which is more important than the numbers on the scales moving.Look at the way that clothes fit and hang, have a look at the tape measure to see if there is any shrinkage and just think about the fat that is shrinking around the internal organs.

Onwards and downwards fast friends.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,951 through 2,000 (of 3,800 total)

You must be logged in to reply.