I am new – starting next thursday

This topic contains 144 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Martin46GB 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 45 posts - 101 through 145 (of 145 total)

• Hi Martin & Susie,

Hope you’ve both had good weekends and, Martin, that your cold didn’t stop you enjoying your vintage car rally. Hope the weather was kind to you – stayed dry for us, although the cat has just come in, soaking wet, to sit in my lap. Took that as a cue to head up to bed.

I have no idea about the origin of my nickname either – I think we’re still allowed to mention Muffin the Mule, though at least one of Enid Blyton’s characters is now out of bounds. I loved Pogle’s Wood which no-one seems to remember but don’t think I was keen on Rag, Tag and Bobtail. There are some truly puerile cartoons that my kids love to watch, I make them change the channel if I catch them on screen.

Aiming for 3 fast days again, and to do better than last week, I was a bit half-hearted about it all. But I must not give up, I’d be so cross with myself.

I do wonder about Anni too – hope she’s doing ok.

Pippa, love your real name! That’s what I’ll call you now. My family are the only ones who call me Susie. I’m really more of a ‘Sue’.

Martin, I hope your cold is a thing of the past. Antique cars?, Do you know your way around an engine?, I always admire that.

Pippa, are you getting warmed up to the idea of more ‘movement’, walking, whatever…? You get to enjoy more food when you exercise! That and it really makes me more psychologically…well, less ‘psycho’, if you know what i mean.

I have been eating and drinking to my heart’s delight Fri, Sat ,Sun. Fast days are Tues, Thurs. Yikes, we’ll see if the scale tells me I’m okay or i need to buckle down a bit on non-fast days. I hope it’s the former.

I know alot of cartoons but the ones you two are mentioning never made it over to the US. Pitty, they sound inappropriate.

Talk to you soon fasties,
    Sue

Hi Pippa & Sue,
    Thanks for your good wishes, and I’m pleased to say that friday was my worst cold day, so much better yesterday. Driving 60 miles down the motorway in thick fog yesterday morning, with my head out in the wind so that I could see, did me the world of good 🙂 Yes Sue, getting to know about engines is an occupational hazard with old cars! The sun came out later, my navigator was on good form, and I was thrilled that we won our class and came third overall. Roll on next season.

Now Pippa, don’t even think about giving up – WE would be cross with you too! Happy fasting this week both of you.

Hi Sue
    Our cartoons were part of a daily Tv segment called Watch With Mother. They were lovely and quirky but not inappropriate. Pogle’s Wood was a stop-frame animation about Mr and Mrs Pogle, their son Pippin and his rabbit friend Tog. I think there was a witch who tried to trick them out of their patch of wood. I don’t think we do inappropriate cartoons quite as well as the US – Family Guy, South Park, American Dad. Though we do dark comedy very well as a genre.

I’ve dug my ball-cushion out and am going to see if that helps with the exercise quotient. Hope the scales came out on the right side for you. I think it’s a little harder to fast as the nights draw in and thoughts turn to comfort foods like soups, stews, and the like. But I’m trying to get the exercise bug!

Happy fasting,
    Pippa

Hi Martin
    Am definitely not giving up, just having a wobble. But so far two good fast days this week though I baked shortbread which was probably putting unnecessary temptation in my way. I have discovered a cupcake recipe which uses Toblerone so that’s my Sunday taken care of. Mind, this diet has cured (albeit not completely) my sweet tooth.

Well done on the win with your Classic Car. Sounds like great fun, despite the foggy start. And, as you say, was a great cure for your cold. When does the next season start? I’m guessing cold, damp weather isn’t great for vintage machines.

Hope you’re doing well with your fast days – are you still dog walking?

Hi Pippa,

Talking of cakes, on monday one of the girls who keep horses in my stables appeared on the doorstep with a huge lump of iced cake for me, as it was her 18th birthday 🙂 Of course it would be rude not to accept and eat all of it! I persevered on tuesday and wednesday, leaving one nice end piece for today. Yum.

Next season starts with the annual 200 mile all-night rally, on 17th/18th January. I’m not sure I’ll do it yet, as the start is at Thirsk, 150 miles from here. Gone are the days when I could drive up, do the rally, and then home again without sleep. It is always freezing cold, usually raining or snowing, and quite a test of endurance.

Yes, I took Rolo out yesterday, but not on horrid rainy days.

Good morning Pippa & Sue,

Are you still there? I hope you are still shedding the pounds.

My second monthly weighing this morning, and a disappointment, as I have only lost four pounds this month, so have missed my target of thirteen and a half stone – by one pound. I have to confess that some of my non-fasting days have involved meals out etc. recently.

For the last six years I have been reserving a space in my house for some exercise equipment. Last weekend I finally got round to getting some and was lucky enough to buy a ‘4-station multi-gym’ via Ebay, for a very modest £265 ($425). It is in very good condition too, having been used very little. Just dismantling and bringing it home was good exercise in itself! I’m installing some rubber matting to put it on at the moment, so it should be in action by the weekend. Total cost is less than one year’s membership of a commercial gym.

I am hoping that the additional exercise will keep the weight loss on track, and make me stronger and fitter. Next target is 13 stone by 30th November.

Do let me know how you are getting on.

Hi Martin
    Sorry for the quiet on my part – it’s been busy at work and then half term and Halloween was upon us. Had friends visiting from the West Country with their kids so all a bit manic, if good fun.

I hope you’re not downhearted by the smaller than expected weight loss. I’m sure you’ll get back on track – especially now you have a home gym. And that target for the end of November is certainly achievable. Stumpweasel expects you to do your thing and achieve your goal!

With visitors I’ve been baking which isn’t good for fasting…so I haven’t weighed myself for the last week because I don’t want to see what progress I’ve undone. As my clothes are still loose I’m staying positive – I got back into an old pair of jeans. But now, it’s back to work and back to fasting properly and I am looking forward to it.

Best,
    Pippa

Hey Susie
    Are you out there? Hope all’s well with you and yours and that your fasting is going well.

How was your Halloween? I think it’s a much bigger celebration in the US than over here, we’re trying to catch up but we’ve a ways to go.

Pippa

Hi Martin, Hi Pippa!
    You guys sound good! I hope the exercise equipment is working properly Martin. And that cute doggie is still getting out for walks with you. And Pippa, you are a marvel to me: Parenting, working AND baking scrumptious goodies while sticking with your 5:2 health plan.

I have been waffling, questioning, unsure of my commitment to 5:2. Please excuse my dropping off the page here….I exercise regularly and the diet gives me a dizzy, sick feeling and that headache problem comes and goes. I think I was overindulging on non-fast days, Plus my family was supportive to a point but all breathed a sigh of relief when I told them I might not do it anymore!

I have decided to to a 3 day a week plan where I stop eating/drinking at 8 at night and don’t eat until 12 the next day…..And I will stop eating the sugar that has been creeping back into my diet…no thanks to Halloween!!

Keep posting friends, I like to hear what you’re up to,
    Sue

Hi Sue & Martin

Do let us know how you get on with your new plan, Sue. Sounds similar to a plan my work colleague tried and had success with. I’m sure she could have done better but life (new grand-daughter & christening) got in the way. You have to find a plan that works for you, hoping this does it for you. Good to hear from you.

I’m very lucky to have a partner who does his share of the chores and doesn’t mind my job and the long hours I do. Baking is one way to let off steam, and a creative outlet I suppose. i make birthday cakes for my colleagues but to be good at sugar paste modelling you need to practice and I don’t always have time. My Loch Ness monster cake wasn’t my finest hour but made us laugh.

Martin, how is your new gym / exercise routine going? With The clocks going back the days are getting shorter which could put a crimp in your dog walking activities too.
    Best,
    Pippa

Hi Sue & Pippa,

I’m still walking, sometimes with Rolo, sometimes not, but my latest is that yesterday I had a local fitness trainer here to show me how to use the gym properly. She has set me a programme of exercises which I shall try to do three times a week. Today is my first full go.

Good luck with your new regime Sue, I hope it’s enough to keep the pounds dropping off. Sometimes you just have to have some sugar!

Pippa, it must be difficult having cake-making as a hobby. All those scrapings from the mixing bowl, and bits of icing, just too tempting! I’m trying to imagine the Monster cake 🙂 . When our children were young, my wife made several amusing birthday cakes. Up in the village there’s now a dedicated cake-makers’ shop, so it must be popular. My Mother used to make wonderful huge Christmas cakes, and with my birthday just afterwards, somehow it always fell to me to ‘finish it off’. No such temptations now, thank goodness.

Best wishes girls.

Martin

Hi martin & Sue
    Oh you’ve hit the nail on the head Martin, especially when it comes to my recent discovery of Toblerone cupcakes. The mixture is pretty damn good uncooked and I do lick the bowl. I don’t have amazing willpower but as long as I have a couple of cakes from a batch, then I can happily leave the rest to my boys and their dad. Chocolate is my downfall but I don’t crave it quite as much thanks to the 5:2 diet.

I’m on a bit of a plateau – wanting to get down to 12 1/2 stone as my next goal but finding it hard work. I’m determined to get there but I’ve been yoyo-ing a bit. I need to get out walking with the kids or get the Wii Fit out again, combine my love of video games with exercise.

Great idea to get a trainer to help you get the best from your home gym. Hope it pays dividends. And good to know you’re still walking Rolo.

Have a good week,
    Pippa

Forgot to mention, I’ve just made my Christmas cake! Need to feed it some brandy over the coming weeks. Then marzipan (best bit) and icing.

Hi Pippa & Sue,
    Weigh day today, and still 4lbs behind target – 13st 4lb. At least it is still going in the right direction, but at only 4 per month it would take much longer than I hoped. I think I must try harder so, perhaps 4:3. Almost 4 weeks until Christmas, so I’ll see if I can get below 13 by 25th as a present to self. I have several big meal outings lined up between now and then which will add to the challenge. Next weigh day is my birthday, but I think the week of festivities will put paid to any further progress until January!

Pippa, I think my ideal Christmas cake would have three equal layers 1/2″ thick 🙂

Sue, I hope thanksgiving was not too much of a challenge.

Have fun.

Martin

Hi Martin, sorry for prolonged absence. Just got so busy in the run up to Xmas that something had to give. Anyhow, Happy New Year.

I did put a goodly layer of marzipan on my Xmas cake (homemade as it’s not as bitter as some shop-bought brands). But only a thin layer of fondant icing as I find it too sweet.

Well done on getting down to 13st 4lbs. Have you lost any more at your birthday weigh in? I am back up to 13st thanks to Xmas. I was expecting it to be worse so am quite happy. Now going back on the 5:2 again to see if I can get past 12st 10lbs. But I do find that I’m still being a bit more thoughtful about how much I eat so that’s one benefit of this diet.

I’m not one for New Year Resolutions, they end up being millstones around your neck. Instead I’m going to stick with the desire to be more svelte. How about you?

Pippa

Hi Pippa,
    Happy new year to you too. Nice to hear from you. I’m afraid Christmas took its toll on me too, so I was back up to 13st 7lbs for my birthday. However the children and their other halves returned to London on NYE, so now I’m back to normality. My rate of loss had gone down so I’ve decided to try 4:3 for January to see if it makes a difference. Still doing exercise machine on 3 days, so I’ll alternate fast/exercise and have saturdays off. Mind you I’m up to London this w/e as my children are taking me to see Warhorse on Friday and no doubt some degree of food and booze shall be consumed by all! May go to Boat Show on Monday to walk it all off. I find exhibitions quite tiring.

Good luck, and 12st 10lbs is not that far for you. I’m sure you’ll walk it.

All the best
    Martin

Hi Martin and Pippa!
    Nice to hear about you both. I want a picture of that Christmas cake Pippa. Then, I want a slice! It sounds delicious and very different than our typical cakes. You have to roll out the almond marzipan right? Then place it over the cake like a blanket? Do you do Facebook?, How bout you Martin? Let me know bcause I’d ‘friend’ you in an instant…but I’d understand if the more discreet exchanges are more comfortable. i’m a very visual person, enjoy taking and seeing pictures.

I love the fact that you guys are both keeping to the commitment to better health through paying more attention to what you eat and also adding regular exercise to your lives. Good going Martin with not letting that exercise machine get dusty! Are you getting your neighbor’s dog out for walks?

I’m happy with my approach these days too. I am doing a bit of a ‘sugar detox’ since the holiday cookies and candies are finally gone. My 12 year old is with me. Not complete ‘no sugar!’ but no extra sugar, like yes to fruit but no to fruit juice. No to cookies and yes to the granola cereal with less sugar….Like that.

I’m also going to try to keep exercising almost daily. If designated ‘exercise’ time doesnt fit in, I’ll be more conscience of taking the stairs more and doing chores that require more walking. Keep those calories burning, I hope. My holiday gain was about 3 lbs. pants are a little tighter but I’m not discouraged….today.

Keep on doing those good things for yourselves, and let me know about Facebook?! ;~) Sue

Hi Sue,
    Glad to hear you’re still paying attention! Happy new year. 🙂

I am on facebook, but I hardly ever look at it. Look for Martin Trentham. I think my profile picture is of me sitting on an anti-aircraft gun. (That was on the Queen Mary at Long Beach. I stayed there with my children some years ago.)

No dog walks yet this year – too busy so far!

All the best
    Martin

Hi Sue good to hear from you, and hope the low-sugar approach goes well for you. I must admit to the odd chocolate binge but again, thanks to 5:2 these are less frequent. I appalled our location manager showing chocolate bars in my handbag, followed by the stash in my desk. But the bars had been there for weeks and (mostly) still are.

Yes, to the marzipan as you’ve described. I didn’t take a picture of this year’s cake, wasn’t my finest hour this year, but I do have a collection on Facebook (be warned one looks quite rude, though it wasn’t meant to be), including 2013 Xmas cake. I’m Pippa Baddeley, profile pic of my face with my new bob, if you can’t find me shout.

Happy 2015,

Hi Martin & Sue
    I’m sure 4:3 will do the trick, I did resort to that for a while and it worked. We’ve got a new system coming online so I’m grumpy enough so just the 2 fast days at the moment. Some fast days are a breeze but not with added provocation. But down 3lbs, which is great.

Enjoy Warhorse, I gather the horse are amazing. My partner is taking our youngest to see it soon, so I’m going to take eldest to something else as we don’t want to see Warhorse. And the Boat Show will be wonderful, if tiring. I’ve only ever seen it from my TV screen, but looks amazing. Would love a boat – dad had a cruiser on the Thames when I was small.

Am impressed with both of you keeping up the exercise levels, I need to up mine, but we’re so busy I’m spending too much time at my desk. Don’t have a neighbour with a borrow-able dog and cats are even lazier than me.
    Pippa

Hey you two,
    How are you doing? I just tried to ‘friend’ you on Facebook. I think I got through to you Martin, but I think there’s some block for yours Pippa. Some UK/US thing? but Martin’s worked I think….I’m Sue Bender in Richmond,VT

I saw a rainbow cake Pippa!!!! Gorgeous! But no Marzipan, I’m intrigued by your rude cake design warning…too bad, couldn’t see it.

Anywho, are you getting through the post holiday rehab? I am up 4 lbs since before holidays. I have decided NOT to get on the scale for a couple weeks. I’m working on getting back into a healthier routine. More exercise, less late night chips and wine/beer. After a couple weeks, then we’ll see what the scale(and the jeans) tell me. Right now, elastic top pants are more comfortable!

Pippa, are you sitting on the ball thing at your desk? Taking a trot around the office whenever you need a stress break? Doing the wii with the kids?

Martin did you enjoy all the time with family in London? Walking around at a big show like that, I think would be a great calorie burner.

Keep taking good care of yourselves, and I’ll do the same.

Hello Girls,

Yes, plenty of walking in London, and Warhorse was wonderful. I can recommend it Pippa, but take a packet of tissues. The Boat Show was much the same as 30 years ago, but my goodness how the prices have gone up! I had a look over one big motor boat – £3.7m. They don’t do it in my favourite colour, so I didn’t place an order!

I don’t think the Facebook thing has worked Sue, but I’m not really sure where to look for the new friend feature. I’ll have another look, and try to find the rude cake.

Hi again, I’ve had another look at FB but can’t find you Sue. There are several of your namesakes, but none that I can see in Richmond. I found you Pippa, but it says you have no friends! I only found one cake, with Smarties on top, but not rude. Nice black cat.

Me again,
    Pippa, as I did not get very far with FB I thought I’d Google you – crikey, you’re almost famous! Miscellaneous Crew indeed! Well I’m going to be that in July as I’ve just booked a day sail on a tall ship, from Portsmouth. Now, after all that excitement, I need a second glass of wine. 🙂

Hi Martin
    Glad you enjoyed Warhorse, youngest is looking forward to seeing it. I just can’t bring myself to go, because the reality is most horses didn’t make it back. I cried over a Richard Gere film about a dog called Hachi who waited at a train station for years for his master (based on Japenese true story from 1920s/2930s).

The Smarties cake was lovely; the black cat is my baby, had him from 5-week old kitten, so I’m the preferred human in his tribe. I have sent you a FB friend request, think my settings are locked down so I look like Billy-no-mates with a penchant for cake! The rude cake was based on a Lili Vanilli “Sweeney Todd” cupcake, mine just ended up looking rude. If getting your name on the end credits of a few shows makes you almost famous, I plead guilty.

The tall ships day sounds fab. I want to take family on a sailing course, so we could holiday with Sunsail when they’re a bit older.

Sue, I confess I gave up on my ball-cushion, just so uncomfortable. I’m going to get a yoga ball proper to sit on. We also have one of those kneeling chairs, it’s ended up in our office, sort of rocks as you sit on it, good for posture and core muscles I’m told. Will have to hand it back when a colleague returns from work.

I googled you and think I’ve found you on FB, so friendship request sent. Per reply to Martin on rude cake, it wasn’t meant to be rude, just that everyone who sees it jumps to the rude conclusion.

Hope you’re doing well with reducing your holiday gain and your keeping active plan. If I’ve found the right you, you do look very trim. But an extra 4lbs can make a difference to how you feel. I’m sure you’ll get it down in no time.

Hi Pippa, we’re now friends! I too have sent a request to you Sue. It must have been a different ‘me’ that you sent yours to Sue, as nothing has come through from you.

I went on a flotilla with Sailing Holidays Ltd. who were a very friendly bunch and good fun, so try them as well as Sunsail when you are thinking of going.

Hopefully Sue, you can find Martin through my friends list. Maybe you saw the Xmas cake. I’m going to be baking this weekend as eldest wants cupcakes for his youth club and on Saturday we’ve a residents meeting so I shall bake something to get us through.

Martin, I will certainly look at Sailing Holidays too. I went on a flotilla sailing holiday in Turkey, many years ago, our yacht was known as The Mutiny as there was a bit of friction between the four crew but despite that still had a fab time. I’m not surprised at The Boat Show prices but one can dream!

Hi Sue & Pippa,
    Monthly weighing today, and I’m relieved to say it is going down again. 13st 2lb (184lbs). Due to various interruptions I only managed to start 4:3 properly last week, but it seems to be working, and not too difficult.

I hope you’re both doing well too.

Hi Martin
    Great news that the scales are going in the right direction again. Hope the drop has spurred you on.

I need to be stricter again and go to back to 4:3 rather than 5:2. At least I’m static weightwise. I think I’m just in a rut because it’s cold and our new systems are pants. I’m spending too much time on the phone grouching and hoping things will get better.

Keep up the good work
    Pippa

Dear Martin,
    You are the king. That is so great to see the #’s on the scale go down! I always want to hear about your exercise update too. What’s happening with that? I guess because I want to still eat my regular healthy diet of cake and wine with out counting calories. With this mid-aged body, I NEED to keep getting the exercise in if I want to keep eating…. I’m not doing anything great weight wise, but same as Pippa, not gaining any weight. Would enjoy a little more wiggle room in my clothes though!

I’ve started to re-learn my swimming strokes with a swim guru woman. Just this cool 50 yr old who lives eats breathes swimming, she’s sooo spunky and funny. I’d love to enjoy swimming for an exercise. I’ve only enjoyed doing the breast stroke for the last 30 years, but you dont get much of a workout. I’m trying to get the freestyle stoke down. Then I could keep it up as I get really broken down, water is forgiving…

Keep on taking good care!,
    Sue

Hi Pippa & Sue,
    Thanks for your encouragement. 4:3 is going ok, but I do hope I don’t have to keep it up for ever. Exercises getting harder, as I’ve increased the weights again, and can hardly manage to complete the full programme. Not doing as many walks as I should, but there are other things I have to do, so I’ll fit them in when I feel like it, usually only when I go shopping in the village, which is even less often now I’m eating less!

Swimming is good Sue – go for it. Pippa, sorry to hear you have unsatisfactory new systems to deal with. Being pissed-off makes one hungry!

All the best
    Martin

Hey Martin,

Thanks for your note.

How are you feeling? Okay I hope. 4:3 seems tough, I admire you for doing it. Any triumphs to report? Do you wake up feeling any different day after a fast day? I love that power, or strength I felt!

Swimming lesson tomorrow. Pants still too tight. Keeping positive.

Yay for life!,
    Sue

Hi Pippa!

Hi Pippa & Sue,
    My monthly date with the scales today, and I’m pleased to say the 4:3 is working. Down to 12st 11lbs (179). First time I’ve been below 13st for 20 years, according to my medical records. My blood pressure is also down sufficiently to try a reduced dose of the BP pills. I’ll never be pill-free, but the less I have to take, the better I’ll like it. Now waiting for the blood test results. I still have plenty of flab to shed, so I’ll stick to it.

I hope things are going well for you both.

All the best,
    Martin

Hi Martin and Sue,
    sorry for another prolonged absence from here. Younger child’s school have a parent/teacher drama group who put on a pantomime every March (think it’s 21 years and counting). I don’t perform but I do help paint scenery (only the basic stuff though) and I’m stage manager for the performances. I feel like I’ve been living at the school over the last 4 weeks. Work/paint/sleep (and finally curtain up) has pretty much been it. The 5:2 went by the wayside, I just couldn’t fast as well.

Anyhow, am now out the other side, and had my first fast day in a while. Went ok, probably ate too big an evening meal. But I’m determined to get some more weight off. It helps that spring is in the air too.

How are you both doing?
    Best, Pippa

Martin and Pippa,

I am inspired by your success Martin. I hope its all still going well for you. And Pippa, I have not been doing the fast diet either. I think I’d like to give it a go again. Lets start up together! What are your fast days ? Misery loves company.

This means I’ll be blathering on in this threesome forum we have a lot more. Lucky you 😉

Sue

Martin, I forgot to say well done to you on getting down to 12st 11, and on the reduced dosage BP meds. It’s these achievements that make it all so worthwhile.

Sue, I’m aiming to have my fasting days as Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. I find they work well and I can always add in a Saturday if I need a 4:3 week. So my second day today. Again, didn’t do too well with evening meal, but late home as it’s year end and that means all sorts of dull financial stuff has to be done.

Here’s to more supportive blathering between us all!
    Pippa

Good morning girls,
    Glad to hear you are getting down to it again 🙂
    I’m persevering with 4:3 and my next weigh day is next week, so I’m hoping a few more lbs have gone. I think I’m tending to eat a bit more than I should on non-fast days. I strained my back a bit doing some chainsawing a few weeks ago, so not been doing so much exercise, but I took Rolo for a walk yesterday. Must try harder!

Pippa it sounds as though the school panto was pretty good exercise for you.

Summer is coming 🙂

All the best,
    Martin

Hi Martin & Sue
    The panto was very good exercise but not so good for the eating habits – I didn’t always eat before I went painting so some evenings it was a case of late finish then dinner. I’m not sure it’s good to eat just before bed but I was hungry.

Have to say I’m quite enjoying the return to fasting days, I thought it would be much harder but maybe it helps to have a positive outlook. I don’t have a stash of Easter eggs to tempt me either.

Hope your next weigh-in brings more good news, Martin. Now the spring is here, I’m sure Rolo will be pleased to see you.

Pippa

Hi Pippa & Sue,
    Only 3 lbs lost this month, but still going in the right direction. Now to celebrate with 2 hot cross buns for breakfast 🙂

All the best
    Martin

Hello long lost Fast Friends!

I am fasting today and I am grumpy! I was too busy with too many things today. The days when I am very low key with my activities, I am better. Keeping busy but mindless, non-taxing-the-brain, busyness is best. I’m even annoyed with what I just wrote! Do you guys ever get this way? Do you hang in there, do you ever cave in to the desire to eat?

I love getting into bed at the end of a fast day knowing I will be waking up to a normal day.

I am not getting the slimming, less fat on my body effect I desire, but I have a friend here who’s doing it same days and everything. We text each other through our fast days. It keeps me doing it. I went 2 weeks then took a 1.5 week break for vaca., now I’m on the 2nd day of my 2nd week. I do feel like it’s good for me. So I’m sticking with it!

So how are you guys doing? I’d love an update.,
    Sue

Hi Sue,
    Sorry to hear you were grumpy yesterday – hope you’re happy today. I am – we’ve had the result of our General Election, and it is a wonderful win for the party I support 🙂 I can rest easy now.

I have so far managed to stick to my diet days without caving in during a fasting day. Today was scheduled to be a fasting day, however, due to the excellent news, I decided early to make it an eating day, so I can have a glass of Champagne this evening, to celebrate. Also an old friend arranged to meet me for lunch. I’ve done two days this week so I’m happy with that.

I agree about reaching the end of a fasting day, with the anticipation of a normal day to come. I do worry slightly that I may be eating a bit too much on normal days, and I’ve lapsed on the exercise, for various reasons. Still managed to lose 2 lbs last month though.

Stick at it!

Pippa, if you’re watching, I hope you are managing to maintain the regime, and shedding pounds.

Best wishes both.
    Martin x

Hi Martin and Pippa,

How are you guys? Are you doing the 5:2 these days?

I’ve been at it since the last week of April. Not much loss of anything. I wish the fat of belly and hips would be gone already! But I have a local friend whose doing it same days as me and we keep eachother going. She is a medical person and is almost 60 and doing it for health not weight. We are needing fresh insight, I am thinking we may watch the Michael video again, get refreshed on the ‘whys’ and maybe even get one of the books. Especially me who is not getting physical results desired, I need to be inspired I guess.

The blood results you’ve seen must be helpful at keeping you inspired Martin. And your continued weight loss. How about you Pippa? Whats your motivation these days?

Things I love: Suffering 2 days then not counting calories for 5 days. I do love that…. also, love the Thursday fast day, then I have Friday, Sat, and Sun to have what I like. Makes for a nice weekend.

Thanks for being there to receive my notes.
    TTFN,
    Sue

Hi Sue & Pippa,
    Yes still going strong on 4:3. I had a week’s holiday last month and put on a little, but it has gone again now. Not doing much exercise though, and I ought to in this lovely weather. Busy doing other things.

Keep at it, and have fun!
    Martin x

Viewing 45 posts - 101 through 145 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply.