Hi, I'm new, starting tomorrow…

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Bootsy Badger 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• … not sure of fasting days yet, just getting in to the right frame of mind. Will probably be Tuesdays and Wednesday or possibly Thursday. Weekend too variable and things going on. Monday, first day back at work, so too grumpy not to eat! Although, I have often eaten so much on Sunday, I don’t feel hungry on Mondays

Hi Only Me
    Don’t think about it too much, just do it. If you’re grumpy on Mondays, you might as well be grumpy and hungry! After the first few weeks, I didn’t even feel hungry on fast days, now 18 months later, apart from 2 or 3 coffees during the day, I just have an evening meal on fast days. One of the best things about 5:2 is the flexibility. You don’t have to use the same days all the time, fit them in whenever it suits you. I find it easiest on busy days when I don’t have time to notice the odd hunger pang. Some weeks I can only fit in one fast day but that’s better than no fast days.
    Good luck, I hope you get great results and don’t find it too hard

Thanks for the support Madge63.

UPDATE: 19 days and 3 kg lost. Good start. Highlight so far, my osteopath had not seen me for 2 months and he noticed. He even guessed it was about half a stone.

Sensible head on… expecting weight loss will be less significant in future, down to a steady and healthy 1 to 2 lbs a week. Only 5 kg to my first goal of being within the weight band for my height., albeit at the max end.

How happy am I!!!!!

Hi everyone – I have started today and am more than a little worried about being hungry. Want to thank you for all the comments I have read on the forums they have been very encouraging and have motivated me (after a few weeks of deliberating!) – to get started. Particularly the forum for women of a certain age – as I come under that category and have found losing weight a struggle! Have 2 stone to lose so wish me luck and good luck to all starting this week too.

Worrying is probably not too helpful. Just do it. And deal with it as it comes. If you blow it. So what. find a different strategy (a better meal maybe) and try again a week later or a few days later.

Stress makes you hungry. So does fatigue and depression. Be optimistic. Make it a priority. 🙂

Only me. well done on the loss.. Hopefully you’ll be able to stop going to the chiropractor soon.

Thanks Pattience

Very true – worrying is pointless – am actually finding it easier than I thought and I found out a friend has started today too – so we are supporting each other.

Hi Guys

I have started my fasting today.

So far I’ve had a glass of water, black coffee no sugar and a slim a soup (55 cals).

I’m actually surprised at how difficult it isn’t. I was expecting to be wanting to fill my face by this time. Also something I found strange was after reading the book that has changed my attitude towards food already!

I have been on every diet under the sun including the dukan diet and juiceplus but find them all untenable after a couple of weeks purely based on their restrictive nature – although the dukan is very effective.

I am hoping this will finally change my attitude towards food for good.

Hi all,
    Im starting today!! After a crazy few years with a lot of change and sucess and grief my weight has shot up beyond control. Although I had previous great sucess with weight watchers, because my life style has changed so much it doesnt seem to work this time round. So having heard good things about this diet I thoought why not! BUT
    Im Already hungry 🙁 and epic fail, had our team meeting with lots of nibbles provided! So I ended up having two slices of apple and some nuts, no idea of the calorie count on that one…..but I am hoping that because the food I have planned for today doesnt come to 500 I should have some wiggle room. Just have to get used to the hungry thing I guess. Ginger tea is helping!

Hi Aisbash and welcome:

You will get hungry sometimes, but not as hungry as you think. Here are some tips: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi I’m new just starting this how many calls do u have on fasting days and how many off fasting days x

Thank you Madge, your thoughts were helpful for me, too. BB x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply.