Hi Everyone! It's my first day today!

This topic contains 71 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  pinkallday 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)

• hang in there tickatape, I had one of those days last week, which seemed eternally long, but it was SO satisfying to get through another fast day (I was about to cave in) and if you have added stress it makes it harder.

can you make your evening meal a bit earlier and then have a warm bath & herbal tea and get into bed and catch up on some sleep ?

A girlfriend told me once to paint my nails if I am feeling down (something I never normally do) and now every time I feel low, I paint my toenails which makes me smile, don’t know why !

Hi everyone, it is my first fast day. I did read some people think its better to have brekkie then tea? I think I would really struggle with this so skipped brekkie. Had 180cal tin of soup for lunch, but at 5pm got very very hungry and nearly gave in. Had 52cal cuppa soup instead. Having 2 quorn fillets with roasted carrots, onion, pepper, corgette and tomato for 260cals now (hope I’ve worked it out right – weighed everything!). Usually make homemade soups so will do this for next day (I love soup im hoping it will carry me through!). Reading all your posts are really inspiring xx

MountainMyst Thank you for the support! Was just having one of those days/weeks – we all get them don’t we! I must admit I am quite chilled now! Thank you for the herb suggestion. I do have trouble sleeping due to pain – though last night was an over active mind! I was good today and made it through to my evening meal without any temptations! Lets hope Wednesday’s weigh in reflects today’s determination!

Thank you tomtommum for the support. I feel so much better now. I enjoyed my evening meal of carrot, coriander & chilli soup, then steamed fish with spinach and watercress leaves. Yum yum. I am taking your advice and as soon as I have finished here I am going to have a little me time and paint my nails – something I neglect I must admit! 🙂

Hi LS87 I always eat breakfast, it sets me up for the day! Though everyone is quite different how they do their fast days. If you read a few posts you will soon get some ideas 🙂 I am glad my posts have inspired you! I do tend to waffle on at times! Good luck, not that you need it! 🙂

Weigh day! Last week I didn’t show that I had lost any weight but this week I seem to have lost 5lbs! I don’t know if this is because last week was one of those days when a loss doesn’t show for some reason but you have lost and so the full loss is now showing this week! My aim is to loose 1 to 2lbs per week. I eat a very varied diet and believe in normality! This past week has included homemade meat pie, apple crumble & custard, lasagne, liver and onion gravy, fish, pattie & peas from the chip shop(!) and a Magnum ice cream! Along with lost of healthy stuff! I believe in keeping it real! So what I am saying is I haven’t been going mad and not eating! This week I will keep an eye on things! Hopefully it’s just what I lost over 2 weeks! Sorry if I sound ungrateful!

well done on your loss 🙂

Hi everyone, today is my first day on the fast diet and I am not really worried as I only have a few pounds that I want to loose. My biggest worry is that I really dont do low fat anything. I have single cream in my coffee and full fat milk cheese etc. But then again, I dont have sugar in or on anything – except of course if I having cake or dessert. I didn’t find cream in the calorie counter. Also, I always cook from scratch and dont know how to count the calories in say, a portion of vegetable casserole. What about portion size too. I would normally think of a fist size portion of each item but this may be too much for a total calorie intake of 500 cals for the whole 24hr period?

My husband and I changed our eating habits several years ago as he has a tendency to gain weight, which he mustn’t as he already has a stent in one of his Coronary arteries. We totally stopped buying crisps and biscuits and desserts – you wont find one anywhere in our house and that makes it a lot easier. I do make our own bread as Mark started to find that shop bought bread tasted sweet – I do not add any sugar.
    He has not volunteered to join me on the diet but as he is doing very well on his self-imposed calorie limits esp. while at work, he’s best left to do it his way. Also, he, though much better than when we first met, is a bit of a veggie phobe!

My son would, I think benefit from it, but when I suggested the book via skype as he is in Hong Kong, he was somewhat unthrilled at my attempt to be helpful, and I am not really at all surprised. But it is natural when we think we’ve hit on a great thing, to want to spread it around to our nearest and dearest.

So,if anyone has any tips on how to make sure that the calorie content and portion size is going to be correct whatever the meal being served up, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Kipkatzz

Well done …it’s my 2nd fast day today….feeling good and hoping for weight loss when I weigh on Sunday but my jeans are feeling much looser

Hi Kipkatzz 🙂 Hope you had a good first day! Usually first time problems (if any) are all in the mind! Because it’s new, we are constantly thinking about it! Lol! 6 weeks in and it’s no big deal! (And it’s been like that for a few weeks!)

If you don’t like the idea of semi skimmed milk and such things – try looking how much of them you consume and maybe just cut down a little. Or just make small changes here and there, every now and again until you get used to them. It’s amazing how small changes can make a big difference!

When I lived/worked in Hong Kong years ago I put lots of weight on! To many parties and good living! A fantastic place which I would love to return to one day!

Hi nursewitchie Hope day 2 went well! Let me know how Sundays weigh day goes! 🙂

Well yesterday saw another fast day for me and to be honest it’s just so normal now! No big deal! Simples! I enjoyed a swim. Got a basket of ironing done. And had an amazing tasty meal! 🙂

Thanks tickatape, my first day went very well, and yes, I do love the cream in my coffee but can forego other dairy drinks so after my one mug of coffee which was a standard size mug, not a bucket!, I then drank lemon and ginger tea for the rest of the day. I also make my own yogurts from full fat yogurt and ff milk and have calculated that each daily pot is roughly 200cals, so on fast day one, I missed it altogether and that is fine.

Later, as it happened, my husband and I decided we wanted to go out to join some friends for a drink. Potentially dangerous on fast day so what I did was I left out the chicken element of dinner, just having the veggies instead and then only had 1 pint of beer in the pub. I was very happy with that, but will try to avoid going out on fast days. This morning I feel fine.
    Another question though. I did run my numbers through the calculator and it came up with my daily calorie requirement of 1560 per day. That means that a fast day of 500 does not represent a 25% reduction. Should I cut back further do you think?

My dairy calorie requirement is 1440 but I just keep it simple and go with the 500. I don’t have any problems with it! Just go with it and see how it works out! I count calories on my non fast days using the MyFitnessPal app – so easy to use! It’s like counting calories without counting calories! Lol! Anyway I count calories on non fast days so I am not going too mad! I believe in keeping it real. So yes I am good a lot of the time but I do have treats too! A good balance! 🙂

UPDATE – since doing my first fast on the 16th August I have lost 13lbs! Which has got me to the 3 stone goal I set myself! I said I’d get to 3 stone and see where I wanted to go from there! Bring on the next stone is what I say! 2nd January was when I started my weight loss campaign – so to reach my target around that time would be fantastic! Good luck everyone! If I can do it – you can!! 🙂

Woo hoo – that’s fantastic – really pleased for you!

Hey ticktape. I done similar to you, started eating correctly and started excercising a year ago. Lost 4 stone within 5 months eating right and going to 4 aerobic classes a week. Then my wieght in the past 7 months has very slowly came off, just a stone so started this to boost the weight loss again, on my second week and feeling good. A great choice of food on fast days is quorn chicken pieces, very very low cal and filling, just throw a low cal sauce or gravy over it (those blue dragon sachets are good). And green tea boosts weight loss amazingly and full of antioxidants, defo worth drinking alot, green tea with lemon though and takes a wee while to aquire a taste for it. Wishing you best of luck!!!

Hi Cathyork Thank you 🙂

Hi jess19 Wow, congratulations to you! I bought some green tea – but only drink it when I’m feeling brave! Not used to it yet! Lol! I have mainly gone for fish on fast days and really enjoying it. Used Quorn in the past but went off it – I will have to give it a try again soon. I know since I have lost weight I feel so much better! It spurs you on so much. I have a spinal problem so I struggle with exercise – I do like to go swimming.

Good luck to you both and enjoy! 🙂

Getting to the 3 stone loss target was fab but this week I bought new jeans and there a size 16(UK) – not been in a 16 for years! (Been between 18’s & 20’s for years! :-() I can’t put into words how I feel! Lol! 14 next! Bring it on! Need to start saving for that shopping spree I’m planning! The shops of Hull won’t know what hit them! 😀

Just a quick update – I have been doing 5:2 since 16th August – two months later on the 16th October I have lost 1 stone! 🙂

That takes me to a total of 3 stones 3lbs this year in all! Happy me! Going for 4 stone as my next target! Bring it on!

tickatape

congrats on ur 14.2 lbs loss

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay 😀

as u said “Bring it on!”

chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!!!!!

happy nonfastdays & fastdays & 4/2/1 or 3/3/1 or adf w/1 or 6/1 😀

Hi everyone im new to this i weighed myself on saturday and was 9st11 and am 5ft3 that was it time for a diet! So monday i started and yday was my first fast. I got through it even with my oh teasing me with chocolate as he knows its my weakness! I stayed strong and got through it. Couldnt sleep at all last night tho? Usually im fast asleep as soon as i hit the pillow ive woke up starving today tho. Im looking and hoping to lose 19lb. Im guna stay away from choc but if my weakness kicks in ill have a kitkat. 107 calories! Im wondering if to do the 4-3 or 5-2 or just to gradually lose the weight! Im so impatient i wish i could wake an be a slim size 8 lol! X

we all can relate to yo-yo diets, i have too many and have decided to devote to the 5:2. I will be starting officially Monday September 22, 2014. look forward to motivating each other as the weeks pass.

Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply.