help! went over 40 calories on fast day!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TannyBear 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi!

In my 2nd week of 5:2….went over by 40 calories (540). What should I do?

Feeling like I’ve failed only 2 weeks in.

Can anyone offer some guidance?

You haven’t failed. Forget about it and move on, tomorrow is another day. 40 calories is nothing. This is not about guilt. Learn from it if you wish, but really just put it behind you.

Hi timtamslam, I really wouldn’t worry about it. If you look in the diet plans in the books they don’t hit exactly 500 every time either. Some of the diet plans go a little bit under, some go a little bit over. It really shouldn’t matter to the week as a whole. I go over by a few calories myself sometimes and it hasn’t made any difference.

If you went over by 40 calories and it was wholesome, healthy food and not a piece of chocolate I wouldn’t sweat it. If it was chocolate (lol) just don’t do it on the next fast day. It’s all a matter of practice at getting the numbers right and after a few weeks you will work out what works for you 🙂 Have a lovely rest of the week and throw the guilt away; tomorrow is a new day! Cheers, Tania

Thank you both so much for your replies! I’m trying to break a very long term strict calorie counting habit from my late teens (now 40).

I’m loving fasting and not calorie counting on other days. It’s like being set free! Lost 400g this week, which makes two consecutive weeks of loss, so I’m ecstatic!

Hi timtamslam

Couldn’t help but smile at your ‘handle’ – my favourite naughty snack.

Keep up the good work and don’t sweat the small stuff.

Nicky (another Aussie)

Haha Nicky!

They ARE the BEST! where abouts are you? I’m in Perth

400g is great news – congratulations!! Have a lovely rest of the week. Take care, Tania

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.