Help and Support Needed :)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ashley9904 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hello

My name is Mel and I have decided to give this diet a go as I manage to eat very little on work days and am sure I can manage two days on 500 calories!
    My problem is my weight seems to be creeping up despite going to the gym and not really being excessive with my food!
    I like wine, 3 or four times a week, eat out maybe once a week, tried low carb, low fat, no breakfast, no tea and nothing is working!!
    I only really need to lose 7-10kgs and then I would be content!
    Any advice welcome 🙂

Sounds like this could work for you.
    I guess you just need to add up the calories you have on your non fast days to make sure your not having too many compared to what you are expending

Ashley, as much as it pains me to say but if you are gaining weight you are eating more than your body needs. Or maybe you are drinking your calories? Restaurant meals and fast food for the break at work can be surprisingly high in calories with hidden sugar and fat you do not expect.

I am not a great calorie counter, however, it might be worthwhile to record meticulously what you eat and drink for a few weeks, both on fast and non fast days. That includes the little nibble here, the sip there and the licking of spoons while you cook. Such a food diary allows you to spot the subconscious eating we all do and might show you where the weight gain comes from.

Other than that, try fasting. Even if you don’t lose weight it still has other health benefits.

Sounds like this diet will help you. Just as permalink said, take an exact calculation of your calories on your normal day of eating. Use an app like fitness pal and don’t guess your portion sizes, weight it all until you get a better idea of your calorie intake. Alcohol is high in calories and you’ll be surprised how it adds up over a week. I love my alcohol at the weekends,which is why i only fast during the week. I’ve just been cutting back a little extra over my non fasting days to compensate. I only started 2 weeks ago and I have lost 6lb,(I’m very, very overweight) although some of the weight will be just water. Good luck to you, the fast days are hard but it gives you such a good feeling and just keep looking forward to the next day when you can treat yourself!

Fabulous advice and encouragement from you all. Hmm, I think I may be a bit of a spoon licker – while I won’t eat the cake I bake I may lick the spoon 🙂

I am doing my second fast day tomorrow – although I am aware that I have not really been counting my calories on non-fast days. I wasn’t aware that it was so vital nicci. You may be right Dummerchen and A-new-me, I have half a bottle of wine, two-three times a week so maybe I need to watch the calories there.

Good luck to you all and thank you for your help 🙂

Ashley, I don’t count calories on non fast days, it is not vital. But if you think you eat very little yet you put on weight, then you are missing something. Writing everything down is a great help, even if you don’t count the calories just to make you aware of those habits that pile on the pounds. Once you know what you are doing you can change the habits.

Yes, wine has a lot of cal’s unfortunately. I am missing my glass of wine at night. I found a low cal one and I have half a glass on my non fast days which soothes the soul but I am going to cut that out slowly. I just don’t need the calories and I am sure my liver will thank me too.

I think keeping a very diligent food diary for a few weeks is great idea. I’ve been doing that since beginning and it helps me pin point little areas that might be building into a habit. In my 40’s I am finding loosing that stubborn 10 k difficult but this is working and I am so much less bloated.

Good luck, Ashley

Sarah, try soda water, perhaps with a slice of lime, served in a nice glass as an alternative to wine on fast nights. PVE

I would say over the last 12 months I have put 4kg on and I was already carrying 6kg over what I needed. So I am determined to try this as a new way of life. Also in my 40s and don’t see it getting any easier to keep weight off!

I’m trying a large cup of tea around 830 and then calorie free tonic water till bed time!

Sometimes I think the more you weigh the easier it is to lose!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.