Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,869 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  thinatlast 1 day, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,651 through 4,700 (of 27,973 total)

• Language Purple! 😆

No. Fingers Thin 😉

Morning All. Happy Sunday to you & hope you enjoyed your sleep-in. No? I didn’t either, but it was a nice dream anyway. A very cold, very wet nose woke me at 6.30 for an early walk.
    Anyway, to the point of my message today. I think, perhaps, I should explain/ apologise if, on the off-chance, I offended anyone with my little rant about the Vegetti Lady. I do know her (albeit very distantly) via my step-grandkids old school. I also know I’m about 8 years older than her – hence my comment about age (5:2 has helped me there). She used to be thinner than me, now the opposite is true (thank you again 5:2) & she always had a reputation for being quite rude at school as well. Anyhoo, it really was just a bit of fun on a quiet Saturday afternoon. Thin, I’m glad it made you laugh, as that’s what it was meant to do. If I’m way off-base here, then that’s great, & if I did offend anyone, I hope you understand now that wasn’t my intention. Forgive me??? Promise I’ll be quiet today!! CM xx

Why would that have offended anyone – unless you ARE the veggetti lady? For a minute there, I thought the wet noses were going to be from the new puppies…..I woke at 5am today and couldn’t get back to sleep.

FD for me today. We had a large group of neighbours here all morning discussing a neighbourhood concern. Cake, whipped cream and other temptations but I wasn’t the slightest bit interested. I was getting a bit hungry as the meeting wore on but not for that kind of fare. I’ve just had my oats and all is well. Only 4 hours until dinner and that’ll be another FD behind me. How easy is this lark? I’ll be trying AFDs this week as I’m swapping Weds’s FD for Tuesday this week.

Thin – You were strong, weren’t you? Well, I wasn’t. Had a big Sunday cook-up (but couldn’t finish it) and then some choc-chips cookies I had made. Now feeling suitably guilty!!! Looks like its Miso soup for me tonight!
    Funny you should mention puppies….I just found out 30 mins ago that Miss Poppy gave birth last night & this morning to 6 healthy babies – 5 boys & 1 girl. Mum & babes are all doing very well. Charlie The Stud feels exhausted (in sympathy) & is asleep at my feet! Very exciting for us all. GrandmaJ (aka CM) xx

Totally agree Thin, if you get bad service why shouldn’t you vent.

Unpacked all the winter clothes, funny how you forget what you have. The next problem where am I going to put them all. Now that Dad is here I can’t use that room as my back up and the smaller room I don’t have any hanging space plus it is my grand children’s toy room and the cot is set up permanently at this stage. Oh well as I said before as the weight drops, out goes the big clothes. I’ve already filled two bags. Found another mmmmmm 18 pairs of trousers all size 14 some still with tags so I don’t need to be buying anything for awhile!!!! My excuse is that when I was working and being an EA I always tried to look good.

Have worked out my menu for the week so Day 1 tomorrow, FDs Tuesday/Thursday and will weigh in on Friday the same as everyone else.

Feeling positive although did have the blues yesterday as my brother has gone overseas for 3months not even bothering to make sure I would be okay or even leave me an itinerary in case anything happened with Mum & Dad. Oh well I’ve managed without him this long but it just gets to me that he and the new wife can gailivante around the world and I am left with taking care of the parents.

Will check in tomorrow with my weight, onwards and upwards

Congratulations CM, I am cooking a leg of lamb and have just had a G & T. You would think there was no tomorrow ha ha x

Think I might just join you in that G & T to celebrate, Intesha. Cheers!

CM, it’s not your FD so live it up, you deserve it. I’ve never blown a FD, that’s easy to stick to. It’s the feast days that are the challenge, yeah? But we don’t have to worry if we go overboard now and then. We have the tools to put it right. Have an extra G&T for me ladies.

Wow, great news on the pups. Have you decided whether you’re getting any? When do you get to visit?

Intesha, good for you for planning it all out. This will be a good week for you (in spite of your brother). What’s an EA? (sorry to show my ignorance but Australia is the land of the acronym and I don’t always get it). I’m thinking Executive Assistant.

Yes Thin you guessed right x

You’re more organised than me this week, Intesha. Nothing planned but I will do that tonight. Have you tried those space-bags for storing your excess clothes – the ones you suck the air out with a vacuum? They’re great & really reduce the bulk. And roast lamb is my absolute favourite…. my mouth is watering!

On the money with EA Thin – you’re getting used to us finally. Not sure when I’ll see babies yet. We have a specific combo request if we get another dog. A girl, that is speckled like Charlie, but black speckles instead gold – called “blue-roan”. No blue girls in this litter though only a boy. Maybe next one. If it doesn’t happen, then it wasn’t meant to be. CM xx

Snap with the lamb for dinner, Intesha. Yummy, first of the season. The barbeque was put away last week. But wine, and then a port to finish the evening. Must off to bed, work tomorrow.

And what’s with the waking early? Three days off, three early starts (5.20 this morning – grrrrr). At least no waking in the night this weekend, hurrah for that!!!

18 pairs of trousers? Wow. All different colours, or do you go for the uniform look?

Congratulations, Grandma CM.

Hey Barata. Thanks for the congrats. And will you guys please stop it with the lamb!!! It’s torture. Haven’t had dinner yet in perth! I reckon Intesha’s gonna be our new poster girl when she gets back into those size 14s.
    Yes Thin, have managed to stick with all my FDs too. But you win…..you’ve been doing it a lot longer than me.
    Have a lovely evening. CM xx

All different colours Barata, I like mixing and matching, jewlery, shoes, handbags but now I have nowhere to show them off.

The lamb was delicious off to bed now it has been a busy day.

Good morning, cold and rainy in Sydney this morning. Okay 82.6, body fat 37.4, BMI 29.5. Roll on Friday. Off to see Mum this morning hope it stops raining enough for me to be able to take her to the cafe for coffee.

You must have a spring in your step this morning Intesha. Well done EA (Exceptional Antipodean).

Which scale does everyone use to calculate ‘ideal weight’ and BMI? I notice the BMI calculator on this website puts me at a much lower BMI than my scales. Or are we just looking for a downward trend?

Thanks Thin I’ll take that compliment. Well if anything the day is getting worse, they just said we had had 32mm of rain since 9 this morning. Didn’t get to take Mum out but I took one of those cappuccino packets and some muffins ( I didn’t have one, just 15g of almonds) that I had made so she didn’t feel deprived of her outing.

I recently bought myself Salter Body Analyser Scales off EBay they were $89.90 delivered and the BMI was practically the same as the website.

Mine are the Weight Watchers scales. They give weight, BMI, water percentage bone mass read-outs. I’ll have to re-programme them to allow for my advanced year in age this week. Aah, that means my TDEE also goes down.

Hey ladies 🙂 Always nice catching up on the goss when I get to work on a Monday! Really interesting reading what you all had to say about consitency and this WOL. I too have plateaud only 6 weeks a 4kgs into this WOL which is very disheartening when I have a goal and prefereable date in mind. I am definitely guilty of blowing out on feast days though, I think I have a ‘treat yourslf’ mentality after a FD which I need to kick because really, what we are doing for our health and longevity is a treat in itself! Our bodies are thanking us for it! Portion control has always been my downfall, I eat good, healthy foods but I also eat junk and I don’t stop when I should.
    I’m with you Intesha- let’s re- jig the eating plan this week and hope to see a steady downwards trend!
    Do most of you have the salter body scales? Which ones do you have? Are they good? Mt scales are from Kmart and were $19 and they give me a different reading depending on which part of the tiles they are on!
    Mk88

The other day, I mentioned Dr M’s Fast Exercise book which explains why we can’t lose weight using the conventional exercise regimes that we’ve all been sold.

So, if you’d like to read some of this, here’s a link to a sample of the book. When it opens in iBooks, you click on ‘Read Sample’ (unless you want to buy it of course, in which case you click on ‘Buy’. About 57 pages will be visible to you, including what I was mentioning the other day about weight loss work-outs.

https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/fast-exercise/id762282516?mt=11

G’day MK88: big advantage with the $19 scales, just jump and down on them until you get the reading you like. Stick with it, we’ve all been there, I know you can do it.

Haha Thin, that’s exactly what I do! It’s naughty! Last night after a baby shower where I spent the whole afternoon grazing on party food, I weighed in at 67.4 and then 3 seconds later, 66.2. So in my mind, 66.2 it is! I need to invest in some proper scales like you all talk about on here that measure everything for you. Thank you for the link- I will check it out. I like your idea on HIT walking, I walk to work some days so will incorporate that I think.

Been snacking on vege sticks all arvo which has helped keep hunger at bay today. Had La Zuppa chicken, veg and rice soup for lunch which was yum! I weighed out 100gm of carrot sticks, capsicum slices and lebanese cucumber this morning and that’s me until dinner! Another FD almost over. MK88

What’s the damage on 100gms of said veggies? Sounds yummy.

As always with My Fitness Pal, calorie count was not very accurate! But I logged: 100g lebanese cucumber, 12 calories. 100g red capsicum, 25 calories. 50g carrots, 18 calories. Nice to have something on hand at work to chomp away on!

Can’t beat that, sounds yummy and it’s not even an FD for me.

How are you coping in this weather Intesha? We’ve certainly been lashed by wind and rain over the last 24 hours, with more to come. Keep dry and safe. P

Hi Purple, just a tad wet isn’t it. My garage has flooded and I think I’ll need to get some wellies. Had to go out this morning to my jobsearching, not very pleasant on the roads. How are you managing?

MK how’s the re-jigging going?

Thin I read the excercise link, very interesting. Not sure yet if I will buy the full edition. The Curves workout is 30secs on a machine and then 30secs on a recovery board, there are 12 machines, so in a way I guess it is like HIT.

About to go out and dig a channel to stop flooding in the garage:(

That doesn’t sound too good PVE and Intesha. Glad you had a chance to look at the link.

I was hoping for some chatter on here today, not my normal FD. I suppose most people do M, Th. Will be walking 10kms today (5km twice) so hopefully switching the FD will pay off.

Hi Everyone. Just had a post written & something happened…… gonski! Anyway, here we go again. Sorry to hear of all the horrible weather you’re having in the Big Smoke. Intesha & Purple, glad to hear you are both ok. Be careful & stay safe.

Thin – So, with the impending Big Day, how many almonds will you cut from your meal plan? 2 or 3? What day is it anyway?? We want to have a cake ready for you.
    Intesha – Everything sounds like it’s going swimmingly for you (pun intended)! You’re sounding more positive, got your meal plans done & a closet full of clothes to wear when you get there. How are you finding the new Salter Body Analysers?
    MK – I tried the LaZuppa South American chicken & corn yesterday for lunch….not bad either. Sounds like you need some new scales, love! And I’m with you – the lowest scale measurement always wins!!

First time I’ve had a really tough FD. Hungry ALL day & went to bed that way too. Did everything the same as usual. Tried every trick in the book. Even thought about a HB Egg, Thin – but just couldn’t do it! Only thing I can think of is 2 choc-chip cookies on Sunday night. Would that do it?? Put on .5 over the past 5 days, so really wanted to stick with it yesterday. Back down by .4 today. Feeling ok this morning, just a bit down. Had a busy day yesterday and couldn’t even get online. Friend has had a tough time. Lost her brother last week to cancer and now her husband has very aggressive prostate cancer. Scary thing is her OH been told that it is definitely due to his use of plastic water bottles. Apparently one of the leaching chemicals is causing normal prostate cancer to mutate into this incredibly aggressive version. His oncologist said this has now been proven. I’ve been thinking about doing this for a while now, so I’m starting to go glass. Even with the BPA free stuff we buy now, they say that extremes of temperature leach other non-BPA nasties into our foods. Chucked out a lot of stuff yesterday.

Now the frigging “a” on my keyboard has stopped working….gonna be one of those days, me thinks!!
    Have a fabulous day everyone. I missed you all yesterday! CM xx

So sorry to hear about your friend’s problems CM. What a terrible toll for her. Don’t beat yourself up about a fast day that runs away. Skip breakfast on the other days this week to make up.
    We ARE here for you Thin. At least the weather bound girls:( Only 10.45 for you. Ah well…enjoy your walk and fast. P

Only 10km Thin. Taking it easy girl! Next thing you’ll be talking about marathons and triathlons. Forgot you had moved your FD to today. Are the 2 walks, because you just feel like it, or have you got morning & aftn walking buddies today?
    Thanks Purple.

Sorry to hear you had a blah day CM. That’s an eye opener about the plastic, there were always those emails going around about it but then I thought a US university came out and debunked it all. Not good to hear it’s all true after all. I’m sure you looked after your friend very well yesterday but don’t forget to take care of yourself. It’s horrible going to bed hungry. If you don’t like eggs, how about half a banana? Choc chip cookies indeed! Well done on the weight though.

I have my usual walk this afternoon with ‘walking buddy’ (she works on Tues so we go when she finishes) and I walked with OH this morning because a class I normally take on Tues doesn’t resume until next week. There won’t be any running happening, that’s how I got myself in the position of not being able to exercise properly in the first place (years of obsessive running).

I think another poster once said they were 7 almonds down when their new birthday TDEE was calculated. I’ve requested no cake but I expect I’ll get one anyway because OH and teen want an excuse to eat mud cake. Nothing to celebrate at this age.

As for the ‘a’ on your keyboard, keep posting, it could be quite good fun for the rest of us. I guess you didn’t have a chance to inspect the puppies yet then?

Stay dry and warm Purple.

No, unfortunately, I haven’t had a chance to see the puppies yet, Thin. And yes, if I had planned properly I could have tried half a banana, but I hadn’t, so I didn’t. What do we say about planning our FDs??

I’m going check out this plastic thing a bit more. I also thought they had declared it safe as long as it has the “right number”. The stuff I ditched was older plastics anyway, which may not have been of the new formulation. I don’t know if any of you watched Catalyst on 31 Mar. It was called “Our Chemical Lives”. It’s still on their website if you missed it. Very interesting. Seems like were surrounded by this stuff. I would be interested to hear your comments.

Have resolved “a” keyboard issue…aha – cookie crumbs! Oh, and I would like to point out that the offending cookies were eaten the night before my FD, not on my FD. I stuck strictly to my allocated cals yesterday. I tried everything I could to find some spare cals on MFP, but it didn’t co-operate! Worst thing was that OH was out last night, leaving me at home, alone! Why is it when they go out, you start thinking about all those yummy things you have stashed around the house, so they won’t find them. Then I couldn’t have any! Grrrr. Feeling better today than I did yesterday and I’ve eaten exactly the same things….go figure. Off to vacuum now, put it off as long as I can…bet you’re all jealous! CM xx

CM that is absolutely terrifying. Thank you for sharing, I read your post about an hour ago and have been researching BPA and it’s effects and you are right, terrible! I’ve emailed OH and told him I am going to be getting rid of all of our water bottles and plastic containers and replacing them with new, BPA free ones. He will no doubt think I am overreacting but prostate cancer is rife on his dad’s side and we’ll be trying for a family in the next year so I’m not risking it. Again, thank you for sharing and I am so sorry for what you friend is going through, some people really are dealt the short straw. I hope her husband makes a great recovery. You need to do what I do now and just bake and send the goodies in to work with OH! How funny you had a cookie crumb lodged in the keyboard 🙂 Glad you’ve got your A back!

Re- jig is going well thanks Intesha! How about you? I had lunch with friends today at a place that does the best cupcakes. They got quiche, cupcake and coke and I got quiche with a side salad and had water. Spent half as much as they did and half the calories too im sure! How are you going? Hope you’re ok in that horrible weather. stay safe, you too PVE.

I’m moving my FD for the first time ever since starting this WOL! Doing hursday instead of Wednesday as I have a 11 hour shift tomorrow and don’t fancy running on an empty tank. Plus OH has dinner with the hockey guys on Thursday so I may as well fast!

Stay safe NSW peeps. MK88 xx

MK – Sorry, didn’t mean to frighten you, but I felt the same when I heard this yesterday. My brother has had a scare and he’s now researching it too. He will be speaking to his doctor to see what he says. I’m planing to get some of those stainless steel water bottles and toss the other ones. I’ve got a link I’d like to post, but want to completely finish reading it first. It talks about the manufacturers of BPA free containers, replacing the dreaded BPA with BPS to satisfy the “consumer concerns”, and now there is some discussion that this is also leaching. These are containers like the BPA-free Sistema ones that we get everywhere, with the two blue clips on either side. There’s also a recent Choice review talking about the same thing, as well as soft drink bottles, cling film, polystyrene, etc.
    I’m not an expert, but I just wanted to pass on this information to people who care about their health, as I think we all do. Please do your own research. As far as I’m concerned, better safe than sorry. CM xx

OK Thin, which big birthday is it. The weather here is pretty scary there is even a cruise ship doing laps outside the heads as the sea is too rough for it to come in, planes are being cancelled, 200,000 homes without power, people swept away and killed, it’s terrible.

Sorry you had a BLAH day CM but I guess it happens to all of us and that’s the encouraging thing about this forum that we can be honest without judgement and I think that is a fantastic thing. I carry water bottles everywhere, never without one, guess I had better research it as well. So sorry to hear about your friends problems. I have a friend whose husband has just been diagnosed with lung cancer but he was/is a smoker, the Dr told him to give up years ago but they never learn. I like the new scales very easy to use. FD nearly over having chicken stir fry tonight, made a shopping list and got in all the necessary food for the next week so that I have no excuse. Even though I only started the 1200cal yesterday I was pleasantly surprised this morning so hope tomorrow morning will be even better.

Thinking about turning the heater on it is freezing here although I put the heater on in the bedroom last night to warm the room while I was having a shower. Got those winter clothes out just in time. Take care everyone whatever you are doing x

No, thank you for sharing CM, awareness about these kinds of things is key! I’ll be overhauling my kitchen this week. I hope everything works out for your friend and her husband, how tragic for her. Are you feeling better? Nothing worse than a blah day on a FD!

Good job Intesha! I love a chicken stirfry, I chuck slim rice in to bulk it up. Your weather is rivalling Melbournes! Hope you’re keeping warm. Tragic news about those who have died, stay safe.

Just had the chicken stir fry, recipe on page 141 of the fast diet book. I had to keep checking to make sure I had read the ingredients correctly because there was so much of it and I struggled to eat it all. Usually on FD days I have been having protein shakes for lunch and dinner with added salad/steamed veg. Today I only had the shake for lunch. Now that the weather is turning cooler I felt I needed something more substantial, a definite winner. Can’t wait to try the soup and Slendier noodles.

Still raining.

I might try that stir fry tomorrow night, Intesha, it sounds lovely. Hope you’re doing ok with this weather. Saw it on tv & they said that there might be worse to come overnight. Stay safe.
    Yes, feeling better MK. Thanks for asking. Just back from show training night with Charlie. Having a cuppa before bed. Tried your trick tonight Thin! Was so knackered by late aftn got a pizza for dinner. First one since starting 5:2. Delicious! Fixed me right up, before heading off to training & running around with the mutt for 90 mins. Helped burn a few cals! CM xx

Hi all. Interesting to read your posts. I have been 5:2ing for almost 4 months now and have lost 12 kilos with 8 to go. I just realised that I usually give up my good food/exercise regimes after about 3 months so some additional support is great. I will be interested to read the exercise info as I do interval train but fine tuning is always helpful.

Welcome AC and congratulations on your great result. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Intesha, I’m 59, no idea how I got this old. I’m going to try that stir fry, it sounds great. I don’t think I could manage on shakes for FDs though, would rather have something solid that I can savour for a few minutes at least. Do they fill you up?

What’s slim rice MK88? Is it Slendier? I’ve not tried that yet but had the Spanish Fideos for FD dinner last night (with Angel Hair Slendier noodles) and it was so yummy and filling. I kept to just over 400 cals yesterday so was proud of that.

That plastics business is a real worry CM. I haven’t watched the catalyst programme yet but will do so today.

Take care of yourselves Purple and Intesha and I hope the weather subsides soon.

Hi All,
    Hi Barata, yep still with you. Wifi variable in motor camps. Checking in from Nelson. Sticking to Mon Thur Fast Days. Have had 2 where I blew it in the evening after dinner. Had some Anzac bikkies ready for Anzac Day, and they got opened. Need I say more.? But there’s 2 of us and still some left. Quite a warm day here and going to check out a winery today with a gallery attached, amongst other things.

My eating style atm is all over the place but generally trying to make sure I do the protein, veg, fruit thing. Gluten Free is a little harder, but much easier than the last time we were over here in NZ.

Don’t know about weight but my clothes are still fitting the same so must be going OK. I’m happy.

By for now, from my 1st journey away from home on 5:2. Still doing it!

Cheers,
    Merry

Good for you Merry, a big WELL DONE. Happy memories of Nelson spring to mind. Somewhere near there is the Abel Tasman walk which I did alone and is one of my very best memories of NZ.

Intesha, could you please tell me what Day of the menus that stir fry falls on. I have the electronic version and my page numbers aren’t the same as yours (I believe you said you have the printed book).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIN!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day today my friend. I bet you feel a bit different to this time last year. What is it 19 kg less??? You’re an inspiration to us all. Huge congratulations and enjoy that mud cake!! You really deserve it!!
    CM xx

Intesha. Just looking for that recipe. Is it the one with snow peas, cabbage & carrots?? CMxx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIN, despite your age you must be feeling pretty good. It’s only a number, that’s what I keep telling myself. Thin yes I bought the printed one so that I could keep it close by and be able to flick through it. The recipe is for Day 2.

Merry I admire you for sticking to your FD whilst on holidays. I think I will just have to allow for excess when I am away especially the UK at Xmas.

AC another success story to keep us newbies inspired. I am coming up to three months and can’t believe the amazing weight losses posted in this forum.

Still raining with no sign of a let up. Didn’t go to the gym this morning too hazardous but I do have an appointment with the acupuncturist this afternoon so will probably go after that seeing that I am already out.

How are you going Purple?

CM yes, day 2 in the book x

Thanks guys! I appreciate that. You’re right CM, when I look back to this time last year, the difference in how I look and feel is amazing. 😆 Found the recipe thanks. Stay safe Intesha.

Happy Birthday Thin!!! Tuck into some cake, you totally deserve it. Have a wonderful day 🙂

Welcome AC! That’s a fantastic result, 12kg in 4 months. Any tips? I’ve been doing 5:2 for 2 months now and have only lost 4kg, I seem to have plateaued after 4 weeks! I hope you enjoy this forum, it’s great for support and a good goss 🙂

Sorry Thin, by slimrice I meant the slendier product. Merry, you are doing VERY well to be sticking with this WOL while traveling around, good on you. It’s obviously paying off if you don’t feel you’ve ganed any weight.

Today would normally be a FD for me but I have moved it to tomorrow. I feel like I’m cheating with everything I eat today! Hope you’re safe and warm Intesha.

MK88

Viewing 50 posts - 4,651 through 4,700 (of 27,973 total)

You must be logged in to reply.