Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,907 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  thinatlast 2 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,501 through 3,550 (of 28,011 total)

• Hi Everyone , new and not so new.
    MissTina 1974, I found at the beginning I felt dreadful the first fast, headache, starving and had trouble sleeping. It got better as I went on and now I don’r eat breakfast on my fast day ( M0nday / Thursday) and have lunch at abt two of either wonton soup ( at woolies) in a cup and just add H20 and is 42 cals. or a green salad with some red onion and cucumber with a splash of Balsamic vinegar. Then veges and some protein for dinner. I have a herbal tea for morning of afternoon tea. I work full time and am very busy at the moment. it is getting easier.I do drink lots of h20 too.

I am not dropping much in weight but have had some big weekends eating all the wrong food but not gaining weight.

Davina on the exercise front I find I can walk or jog the morning or afternoon of my fast, but if I go for a jog the following morning after my fast I really struggle and thought I may faint at one stage. So have decided to only walk 3 ks on those days. I hope some of this helps. It is a case of seeing what works and then jiggling things around.
    Happy Friday everyone. It is almost Summer. 🙂
    Jane

Thanks for sharing your experience with 5:2 Jane.
    As you say, it is such an individual process and needs constant rejigging. That’s why it is so great to hear different people’s techniques.
    As to your steady weight. Just as well you were fasting. You might have been going up 🙁 We found, until we reached our goal weights, which took a year, we had to be very strict every day not to exceed our TDEE. Even now, 20 months in, we are very mindful whenever we eat. Cheers P

Morning all, hope everyone got through their week and their fasts! We had a crazy week here with teenagers getting wisdom teeth out, new jobs and argumentative in-laws – Fun times 🙂 but I got my fasts in, even managing Monday’s while spending all day at the hospital. Those evil vending machines were calling to me I swear.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks for the encouragement folks! Nice to hear how others felt when they first got started. Honestly, I couldn’t do my second fast day this week. I just felt physically messed up and I really think I just picked an off week to start. I was a little disappointed in my body though – feels pathetic! Mentally I coped, physically my body totally failed me lol! I’m going to give it another bash next week and see how I go. Will definitely try more calories / protein at the end of the day. That makes sense to me. Thanks again. And if you’re in Adelaide, enjoy this glorious sunshine! 🙂

Good on you Tina. That’s the beauty of this woe….you can pick up any time. There is no start or finish, just waves of fast and not fast
    Enjoy your sun shine. Sunny here in Sydney too. P

Good morning all.

Welcome MissTina from Adelaide, same here. Sorry you feel your body let you down. Fasting takes a bit of mastering but it DOES get easier the more you do it. What’s important to know is that there are many different routes to the same destination as we are all different.

As Purple says, over time you learn what works for you and you find a routine that suits your body and your lifestyle. Most people seem to skip breakfast, which gives their bodies a long fasting window for repair. I’m a bit of an exception in that as I fast on work days I have a small breakfast with my OH (for social as well as food reasons) and then don’t have anything else to eat until dinner about 7pm, although have lots of water and black tea.

Keep persevering and posting your progress and we’ll keep cheering and encouraging.

Keep up the good work all.

Hi all, today is my first successful fast day in weeks. I finally got back into the headspace of it.My goodness it was hard to start again. That surprised me as I had been doing so well previously. Anyway fingers crossed, I’ve conquered it.
    HB

Top work HB. Great to have you back on the wagon! 🙂 P

Well done, HB 🙂

Top work HB. Now you are back ‘in the swim’ I suspect things will get easier. You know the routine well enough. <cheers!!!> (I’d put the code in for appropriate emoticon if I knew how).

Thanks Nicky. I’m trying again today and I only had my coffee this morning with a little bit of milk. I have a feeling lunch and dinner is going to work better for me this time. Lol – great timing today because I’m heading to the dentist soon and there’s a good chance I won’t be able to eat anything afterwards anyway! 🙂

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Hi again MissTina, not many positives about going to the dentist but if it helps the fasting …. 😉

Hi Everyone, I’ve been not fasting for the last three weeks after being pretty consistent for 8 weeks and dropping 4.5kgs. I started back again yesterday and had a great Monday fast day. Feeling good about it and seems I didn’t gain much back over the break I had. I had been sick with a gum infection due to a Wisdom tooth so I wasn’t much into eating anyway but had to with antibiotics. Oh Well. As you Say PVE it is good to look at this as a WOL/WOE that can be ongoing with breaks where you need ’em. I am not feeling guilty about not fasting for a while but I am feeling good about getting back into it. Clothes are still feeling looser and I love that!

Hi All!
    total newbie to the forums AND the diet – so new that I haven’t even worked up to a fast day yet….but there is a 35 year love affair with food to manage. My teen boys are eating and growing, I find it really hard to keep the portions down and I do comfort eat.
    that said, a couple of questions:
    How many of you plan round fixed fast days each week?
    Does anyone do their days consecutively?
    I’ve been intermittently tracking my food intake for quite some time and it is horribly high, but even on the days I have really cut down food I do find myself a bit headachy and grumpy- any suggestions?
    thanks!

Great to see you are back on board Fastina. I hope the wisdom teeth (or the space where they were) have settled down.

Welcome maltesers! Have you read Michael’s book…it really helps to understand what you are doing.

I fast every Monday and Thursday. Have done for 20 months. If something social occurs on these days I will either change one of them or do two semi fasts (I have been at goal weight since last April).

I find two regular days work well for me. I know when I will fast. I like having two normal days in between, so it seems like a more natural cycle. I don’t do consecutive days as they don’t total as long a fast as two separate 36 hour low cal periods do.

Work out how much you should eat MAXIMUM on normal days (your TDEE) by going to the home page here. I think it is a good idea to put in your goal weight, not your current weight, as it will be more realistic. Eat up to 1/4 of this TDEE on fast days.

With regards to grumpiness and headaches…we all love food, but your body soon learns to embrace hunger. Make sure you keep well hydrated as most of it cones from food normally.

All the best. We are all here to help at various times. Always someone around to use as a sounding board! Cheers PVE

Thanks! it seems more achievable already. have been a big fan of MM for some years, I could describe him as my ‘secret husband’- poor bloke!

He’s taken, but I know what you mean 😉 He’s a hero to most of us. P

Hi Maltesers and Fastina, Welcome to this WOL and to our merry band. 😉

Maltesers, A number of us find we have grumpy fast days, if don’t drink enough water. We need a measured 2 litres of water as a minimum per day. Not counting soup or coffee or teas.

And some of us find we have grumpy days, if we have eaten processed carbs or sugar the day before. Sugar addiction or carb addiction, or addictive response to sugars and processed carbs. However it is defined, it is me. So, I find that if I restrict my little treats to the day after a fast, rather than the day before, then the fast day is easier. And less grumpy 😉

Good fortune, all. Lucky for us that in this hot weather it is far easier to fast while drinking lots of cold water, with a squeeze of lime or lemon, OR drinking home made cold soups. Put lots of flavours in your soups, but no thickenings or starchy vegetables. My soup is made from celery, carrot, tomatoes, broccoli and whatever greens need using up, to which I add chopped ginger and chill flakes and some salt.

I lost 15 kg in six months by restricting processed carbs on all days of the week, while fasting for two days a week. I fast Mondays and Thursday, unless a social event interferes. Then I try to bank a fast day ahead of the indulgent day.

I have been maintaining for four months with two fasts per week, the original 5:2, and I have a treat on the day after fasting. My portion sizes have shrunk along with my clothing size. I was size 16 and am now size 11 in clothing. I am alcohol free for health reasons on my two fast days a week. Gives the liver and kidneys a rest. 😳

Cheers, Bay 😆

Hi Maltesers
    Just to give you a slightly different perspective. I fast Mon & Tues. With regard to this (b2b) being a slightly shorter fast – while this is true, the difference is only the time between one dinner and breakfast. As I don’t normally eat during this time on my non-fast days I don’t feel I’m losing anything, just postphoning that 12 hours to another time. I have been fasting now for 11 weeks and have lost 11 kg and have lost an average of 10 cm off waist, bust and hips.
    I tend to have flavoured tea most of the day and “save” my calories for dinner, when I eat a high protein, low carb meal. The carb component is usually fruit and veggies avoiding anything with a high glycaemic load.
    As far as soups go – if you really want to thicken them slightly, I suggest you try glucomannan (the starch in konjac/slendier noodles with no calories in the quantity to use as a thickener) which can be bought as a powder from http://www.glutenfreeshop.com.au – but be very careful as a little goes a very long way.

well it’s nearly ‘lunchtime’ for fast day no1 and I am still alive. Drinking heaps of water, and that walk to the loo must be good for me!

Glad to see you back HB. We started the same week.

Welcome maltesers and well done for making the switch to this new WOE. But did you have to choose that tantalising handle?

Great weight loss ibardell; mine’s a more modest report. Today marks 16 weeks of FD & I’m 7.2 kgs down with 2″ off my ‘waist’ – which is almost starting to look like one according to OH. I come here on Thursdays to sing about my progress and I hope it encourages others to keep going.

My tips as a relative newcomer to the forum are plan ahead for the fast days – I plan mine for the whole month – it’s much easier to stick to it and gets the hassle of planning out of the way. Organise your family’s meals around your fast meals rather than the other way around. The non-fasters in your life can have larger portions, extra veggies and some rice. If, like me, you dislike black coffee, treat yourself to a variety of Twinings herbal teas, 20 cals, and re-use the same bag all day. If you experience a plateau, don’t worry, I think we all have at various stages.

I’m working my way back down through the sizes in my wardrobe and now wearing clothes that haven’t seen the light of day for 13 years. Very happy! (I will reward myself with some new clothes but it seems a waste when I know I have another 10 kgs to go).

Let’s keep each other going through the over-indulging season. I’m not worried at all. If Christmas Day falls on your fast day, remember you can change it to Wednesday. Have a great day everyone.

Ha ha Thin…I chose maltesers because about 100 years ago there used be an ad that went “chocolate? no – maltesers!” implying that this particular refined sugar product was somehow less fattening than chocolate, and I love the damn things.
    Anyhow, first day d&d (have eaten a HUGE lunch today, must add), now a few questions, I’m realising that I will have to plan ahead, and work around any social events. SO
    1- planning- as consistent as possible I guess
    2- frequency of weigh and measure? Weekly?
    3- coping with the fluctuations- I don;t expect my rapid weight drop after 1 day to be realistic or the final figure. Hence do you weigh weekly or more frequently?
    4- Exercise- I did ride my horse last night, 90 mins, and frankly could have eaten him at the end of it, but he will be glad of my weight loss! if there are things coming up and it’s really impractical to fast are you just cutting down calorific intake? Sometimes I have a staminade afer riding in warmer weather, has got sugar but would practically fall over without one.
    OK, next scheduled day will be MONDAY- anyone with me? have a great weekend in between!

Ha ha, you’re making me laugh maltesers. I might be older than you but I remember the ad slogan as being “they melt in your mouth, not in your hand”.

I think it’s normal to sort of over-compensate after a fast day at the beginning. In time, you might find that you actually want less and eat smaller portions after a fast day.

Personally, I’m an obsessive weigher, at least twice a day, but I only record my weight weekly the day after the second fast. I only took a waist measurement when I started – wish I’d measured more places and recommend you do that as you’re just starting out.

If you can’t fast on a particular day, just switch days. If you simply ‘cut down’, you may well see some weight loss over time but, to enjoy the health benefits, I understand it is very important to keep below 500 cals. Have a read of ‘the book’ if you haven’t already and then do whatever works best for you. It might take a little while to settle into a routine. Don’t know what a staminade is, but maybe give that to your horse and drink water yourself. Keep us up to date with your progress.

Hi everyone and welcome maltesers.

TAL, glad to hear you are living up to your ‘handle’. Such good advice as always. Like you I’m gradually rediscovering my discarded smaller sizes. As I wear mostly ‘classics’ like shirts, skirts and trousers, not much has gone out of fashion in the more recent purchases. I still have some size 12 Levi 501s which are my ultimate aim. While they won’t be the latest style I intend to wear them one more time to celebrate reaching the same size as I was at 50.

I’ve been following this WOL since I returned to work at the end of January this year and have lost about 14kg and 14cm from my waist, probably from other places as well but didn’t measure those, and I’ve gone down two clothing sizes. Still a long way to go but fasting (for me Mon-Tu b2b while at work) has become a simple routine in my week. I get on the scales most mornings directly after my shower before breakfast but only record the reading on Wednesday mornings. While that may not suit everyone, I learn by seeing how much my weight fluctuates from day to day and even from morning to evening.

The next few weeks are going to be a challenge because of social activities so have decided not to sweat about it: enjoy the season, be strict when the opportunity presents itself, moderate at social occasions and avoid/limit foods with refined carbs like sugar, bread and pastries where humanly possibly.

I’m not much into serious deprivation but these past months have shown me that I can cope with the occasional hunger pang so am planning to keep my daily intake under 1200C up to Christmas and then pull myself back into routine shortly afterwards.

That usual routine is 2 FDs of about 350-400C and the other five days a little less than my TDEE, which is why my loss has been slower than some other more disciplined adherents.

Other benefits are that I have halved my BP medication and, while feeling the cold more in the winter, hot days are much easaier to cope with – I did my usual weight training yesterday with the outside temp 35oC. Even allowing for the air conditioning, last summer I would have felt ill getting so hot.

Haven’t heard from BKD in a while – hope everything is OK.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Hi Nicky! Great update thanks. I was pleased to notice that the ‘high waists’ are back in the stores, couldn’t abide the hip hugger style pants and thought they’d never go away. Like you, I have whatever I want on non-fast days. I don’t ever count cals on feast days which I why this is all so achievable for me. Everything is guilt-free now but there are lots of things I just don’t want anymore. Over Christmas, I’m just going to take the view that it is only food, it doesn’t own me. Let’s see if I’m still pushing this message post-Christmas!

Hi all, just started Monday doing 4:3 per Fast Beach Diet book and already down 1.9kg; I know it’s mostly water in the first week but still very encouraging. I just wanted to second TAL’s comment about Twinings herbal teas – I make up a 1 litre jug using 4 bags, put it in the fridge when cooled down and just add the contents to glasses of water throughout the day – iced tea ready and waiting. All the best everyone.

Thanks for the encouraging words PVE, Bay, Nicky F and Thinatlast. I’m glad to be back, it’s funny the way the brain sometimes makes things seem much harder than they really are. Thinatlast I had to laugh at your comments about highwaisted pants because I am the exact opposite. I was horrified to discover they had come back into fashion – give me mid to low rise any time!
    HB

Hi HB, have to agree with you about highwaisted pants.

Sorry TAL but being short waisted and pear-shaped, I look like an upside down lollipop because the band ends up near my armpits. Long tops and mid-rise are just the ticket for me.

Just as well we’re all different then whatever the fashion gurus dictate, some of us are happy

Ha ha, I don’t care if I’m in fashion or not – I just wanted to be able to find them! Now that I’ve lost a bit of weight, I have about 6 pairs at my disposal! I’m sure you all look lovely in your hip huggers but, honestly, it’s just criminal for some people to be wearing them out in public. 😆

Yay! Finally hit the under 80kg mark at 12 weeks in.. Talk about having patience and faith that this WOL actually works .. I now find it has become an accepted part of life for me and a change in how I view and see food…and I can fit into my j brand size 30, high waisted flared jeans.. No better feeling than getting them past those thighs and zipped up!… They are still snug but as my daughter keeps saying ‘you’ll get there Mum!’ .. I think it was PVE? That advised to just get ‘ ‘under 80’ then reassess.. I’m just wondering if the next 10kg will be more difficult? And I can’t get rid of this feeling of thinking I’ll stack it back on if I have a few sweet biscuits or cake.. I really don’t enjoy them as I once did and find that I literally feel ill if I have more than a few.. Cheers everyone for the support and sober advice you all give

Hi all, hope everyone has had a good week and happy fasts!

Well I weighed in this morning and have reached goal! I started on September 17 weighing 68.9kg, my knees were aching and I was struggling to get up our stairs without shooting pain in them. My sleep was pretty ordinary and I was really lethargic. I am very much on the height challenged side of life and was looking very round and short.
    This morning the scales read 59.7, my knees are pain free, I am sleeping so much better and no longer feel like I need a nana nap every afternoon.
    I am one very happy faster and am very grateful to this forum for all it’s help and support.
    My OH asked me this morning what I do now which is a good question. I think for now I will just keep doing my two fast days and keeping to my TDEE on non fast days. When I feel I’m ready I will head over to the lovely Maintenance people and have a chat about what to do next.
    And to celebrate I’m off out for lunch 🙂

Hi Fellow Aussies.

Actually I’m a Pom living in Sydney but at least I’m in your time zone 🙂

I’m a 43 year old man, an office worker who until this year was very sporty, cycling 40kms a day in the week and riding and playing with the kids on the weekend.

Then I found a lump in my neck over Christmas. I went to the Doctor who sent me for a biopsy. They said it was a cyst but when they tried to lance it it turned out to be a tumour. I had an operation in March followed by a month of radiotherapy and just got the all clear (for now).

I’ve barely been on the bike and that coupled with a pretty sloppy diet means that my weight has gone up. Not massively, I’ve put on about 8-10kgs and BMI is almost 28, but enough that I’m starting to think that I need to do something about it before things get out of hand.

I’ve done a couple of fast days so far (went over by 65 calories by not realising how lardy a hot chocolate is) and so far so good. I had some stomach cramps last night when trying to sleep but once I got off I slept well. No headache to speak of.

So far I’ve been having fruit for brekkie, a massive salad with some lean protein for lunch (smoked salmon yesterday) and a relatively normal dinner (fillet steak with veggies and a couple of potatoes yesterday).

Congratulations Jenklar! Fabulous news. Welcome to the “under 60s” club. We are a very happy health bunch. You will be most welcome on the Maintenance Chatbox. ..everyone is! Come and share your ideas on maintaining. P 🙂

Welcome Generali. You’ve started well. Keep up the good work! All the best, PVE

Thanks Purple Veg Eater and congrats to Jenklar too.

Just a quick question for those who are at goal weight… I know every body is different, but if it’s taken me 12 weeks to lose 10kg, will it probably or necessarily take longer to lose the next 10kg? I was talking to my cousin who is doing Paleo and seems that she can’t get past that next 10kg.. Possibly a very lengthy plateau?

Hi everyone I just started back on the 5.2 and am so glad I did, managed to lose 1.9 stone on it last year but got depressed started comfort eating and just stopped doing the fast days and it all crept back on, am now 14.12 and feeling like a whale!! Got Christmas party on Friday and can’t breath in my dress, but am due so maybe it will be slightly more comfortable then, fingers crossed, have done 2 fast days this week having a coffee and low fat yogurt for break, coffees throughout day and then tin of scoth broth soup with one waubington thin for dinner as this is filling, and I can honestly say Iv achieved more on those 2 days than I have in weeks, I want to do things to distract from hunger and make time past quicker till dinner but actually feel more energetic on fast day, started last year after a friend lost 5 stone in 6 months on it for her wedding! But she was doing 3 fast days a week, I like to mix it, if I have been particularly bad on a few eating days the next week I’ll do 3 fast days or if Iv got party coming up ect, but tried to do a 3rd fast day yesterday but gave in by noon as have terrible cold and felt staving, when your ill you’ve got to allow yourself and not beat yourself up about it you need nourishment to get well again, but so glad I’m back on it, best diet ever and believe me Iv sone them all!!!! Just wished I’d never stopped and would be nearly at my goal of 11.5 but I’ll get there Iv done it beforw

Hi Hootinannie
    You’ve done really well. That is pretty much what you would expect. Many of us plateau at regular intervals, but during that time your body seems to readjust and change shape, so it is a good idea to look at body measurements as well as weight.
    I lost the first 10 kg in 10 weeks, but took a year to lose the whole 25kg to my goal. Since then, another 8 months, while I have been maintaining what I thought was my goal weight, I have crept down another 3kg without really trying. 😆
    Work out what your realistic ideal weight should be. If you are nowhere near it, and you plateau for a long time, you probably need to reduce your normal day food, or kickstart with one additional fast day or up your activity levels. Don’t forget your TDEE needs to drop as you get lighter.
    Everyone plateaus at times. Remember the often stated line: This is a marathon, not a sprint! All the best PVE

Hi everyone, been ages I know and feels like a millennium since I posted. Anyway, I have a bit of an excuse. In 100 words or less here goes:

13 year old daughter 6 weeks ago had a cancer scare. This sent us to every specialist for 2 weeks. Result all good. Plenty of comfort eating.

4 weeks ago near new Nissan Pathfinder decides to have transmission problems at leisure. Nearly killed by semi trailer (no exaggeration). Have been fighting Nissan since for refund/replacement. Plenty of comfort eating.

Finally finished house reno and will put on market this week. Plenty of comfort drinking!

Last week, broke off front tooth eating a salad (a salad!). Celebrated with 6 beers and 2 choc waffle Maccas cones. Tooth replaced $1400 later on Friday.

Weight loss: 7kg in 12 weeks. Best part of all this is I have maintained weight loss when I was trying for the first 7 weeks as unbelievably, I have NOT MISSED A FAST DAY during all this. So, although not dieting with 5:2 have been living it as WOL regardless of ‘rolling disaster’ thrown at the family, which is testimony in itself. So, hard to complain when energy dedicated to complaining to Nissan Australia!

Thanks for concern guys…have never lost the faith or will, just been on one of those life detours for a while and will be on still for a few months moving house etc.

Still been catching up with forums and encouraged by all my old friends and new comers, just too busy or stressed to contribute of late. I am determined xmas will have no impact on Mon/Thur fasts and based on last few weeks will be a breeze! Will try and post again soon and miss my old pals here for the regular catchup.

G’day Bigk!
    You are an amazing bloke! You really have been in ‘the wars’.
    First, thank goodness your daughter is ok. Everything pales compared to your family’s health really, doesn’t it?
    Good luck with Nissan!!!! Lots of issues with transmission in many makes these days. It really is life threatening. 🙁
    Fingers crossed re the house sale. How is the market down your way?
    And lastly. ..woohooo! You are a champ faster. It is obviously second nature to you now (like the My Fair Lady song). Well done mate. Glad to hear from you. P 🙂

Hi everyone,
    Great to hear you are still with us bigkahuna, sorry about all the dramas…..but hope you get compensated by Nissan, and the rest of your teeth last the distance! Good to hear your daughter is ok. At times like this, we need to hold our loved ones close and tell them we love them, all the rest falls a long way behind in importance.
    It’s also lovely to hear how all of our new and older fasters are going. I read this thread most days, but recently have been slammed at work….can’t get my act together to post! Hoping to soon have some respite with massaging so many people, and just do the odd one over summer.
    My weight is still slowly coming off, but I’ve noticed that my muscle and water percentage has increased, and the fat percentage has dropped! So that must be good I guess!? Bread and salty foods are still calling to me, especially when I have a big day and I end up giving into them….fast days have been good though. Hoping that Christmas and new year won’t be too much of a tempting time food wise! I’ll still indulge in some treats, but plan to fill up on salads and seafood.
    Thanks for being such a positive, caring fasting friend Purple, your words of wisdom keep me smiling!
    Same goes for Bay, thin and Nicky, keep on keepin’ on!
    Cheers for now, time to bring back a little dancing in my life….maybe I’ll try a little tap dancing around the kitchen!

Hi ihaw
    I miss your dance suggestions. ..tango, anyone? 😆
    Do you really want to massage the “odd” one? How odd are they? 😉
    Keep going girl…I’ll send up some of my spelt and flax sourdough for you. …P x

Haha! When I said the odd one, I meant the occasional client, rather than strange….although all of us can be rather strange at times!!
    Your sourdough sounds divne, I had to stop baking my own as it was a step too far for me in regulating my cravings for the luscious hot crusty yumminess! Any loaf baked in my kitchen never lasted long, I’m sad to say it got breathed-in, rather than savoured.

Ihaw, I seem to bake on the evening before a fast day. Just happens! So I don’t get to eat it until 2 days later. Keeps in the fridge all week and only ever have one slice at a time. My gluten intolerant hubby can eat it too. P 🙂

Thanks PVE.. Your feedback is really appreciated and certainly helps me personally to stay on track! I really have to keep reminding myself it is indeed a marathon as I just want to be my ideal weight now! I can see though that my body is indeed changing shape which is weird in itself .. Seems to be another lifetime when I was looking like this …

Good on you Hootinannie!
    Keep an eye on all your body measurements and image in the mirror. It is staggering the places fat builds up without us noticing. Try touching your middle finger and thumb in a ring around your wrist and the same with both hands around your neck. It should become easier as the fat goes. Rings start slipping off fingers, too!
    Remember how long it took to build up that fat? Don’t expect it to disappear instantly 😉 P

Completed my 3rd fast day yesterday. I got the worst indigestion when I ate; I just had a few grapes during the day and saved all my calories for dinner.

Dinner was pretty healthy: big plate of salad with some baked chicken breast and a little potato.

It hurt like hell. I never normally get indigestion. Any thoughts as to why/how to prevent?

Hi Generali
    Avoid the potato next time. The only time I have had stomach pains on 5:2 was if I ate white carbs at the end of the fast day. I used to experience them regularly pre 5:2 if I didn’t eat often. Now I know it is the starchy carbs that are the problem. Cut them out completely, at least on fast days. Look at their calorie count and you’ll realize you don’t need them 😉 P

Cheers PVE, will try.

These were the little new spuds so low GI.

Fast day dinner suggestion: a corruption of a recipe from the FD Recipe book.
    chop a long red chilli and some lemongrass finely, gently soften them in a frying pan with a little oil, grated ginger root and garlic. Slurp in a little soy sauce and a squeezed lime. Toss in cubes of barramundi (fresh or smoked). Serve on a salad of carrot and fennel (mandolined) and shredded lettuce. Sprinkle with a few salted cashews or peanuts.
    Top flavour. High satiation. Low cal (depends how much fish, oil, nuts and soy you use) We usually have about 120gms of fish between 2.
    Enjoy! P

Viewing 50 posts - 3,501 through 3,550 (of 28,011 total)

You must be logged in to reply.