Hello Southern Hemispherites!!

This topic contains 27,870 replies, has 831 voices, and was last updated by  thinatlast 1 hour, 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,201 through 3,250 (of 27,974 total)

• Wow you’re full of good advice PVE! I haven’t had a good roam around the site for recipes as yet and in a state of readiness, have a few Weight Watchers meals in the freezer.. That breakfast sounds like good idea as setting a goal of ‘under 80’ .. Are you at your goal weight and stabilised? I just really wonder if maintenance doing 6:1 works

Hi again Hootin
    My OH and I have been at goal (58kg and 68kg) for 6 months now. We still fast twice a week as it is a good habit, and a regular reminder to keep us straight. He has reversed his diabetes and knows the 2 fasts maintain this.
    We are not as strict on fast or non fast days, but certainly eat mindfully and very healthily always now. We are now very aware how little food it takes to sustain our bodyweights.
    Have a good Sunday P

Hi fellow Aussie(Perth)devotees of 5:2,tomorrow will mark my 5th week, not sure what i have lost so far as i was a coward and refused to go on the scales at the beginning, anyhow i now weigh 68 kilos, and want to get down to 60,(8 to go)I have definitely lost weight as i can now wear my many pairs of jeans that i couldn’t fit into 5 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks were the hardest,the 5:2 is great for self discipline and actually makes you determined not to undermine yourself.I usually fast on Monday and Friday or Monday and Thursday, and like many of you find that my appetite is now greatly reduced on my non fasting days,goes to prove that we do eat more that we need, we have forgotten that it is normal to feel hungry sometimes I no longer get “over” full where i feel sick from eating too much. This is definitely a lifestyle change for me not a fad.To my fellow over 50 menopausal ladies, give it a try it works!!!!

Hi! Back again after almost a year. Have not really given this 5:2 thing a proper go and have decided that I really need to now. Lately I have been working more with how I am feeling and tend to be leaning towards the odd fast day after a time of indulgence, so really I just need to work that in more often.

Would have about 20kg to lose, even though 10kg would be great. Noticing since being over 40 the weight is sitting differently and the middle spread and tummy hang is getting worse, even though my overall size is not.

Also just picked up Fast Exercise, so just starting to read that. I have some Pelvic floor damage, so I will need to work out what I can do without aggravating that further.

Welcome back to the fold Astrid. We are all here to support your new journey. PVE

Hi all. I have taken Bayleaf’s advice and made a large pot of vegetable soup. No starchy veg, just onion, leek, carrot, celery, zucchini, red cabbage, spinach, ginger and garlic, with canned tomatoes and water. No idea of calorie count as was too lazy to weigh everything. Hope it’s low on calories. Intend to just have 2 bowls of this thick soup tomorrow as my fast day food. It’s very filling and there’s enough for my Thursday fast too. Have come to terms with my damned new scales and had fun, scales under arm, traipsing around the house looking for the best spot. Now weigh in the kitchen next to the stove! I appear to have lost 500g in one fast day, unfriendly new scales notwithstanding. Good luck to all fasters this week.

Excellent work Shosanna!
    The soup will be very low (under 100 cal?) and very sustaining. Wait as long as possible tomorrow before you have it. 🙂
    I find dried chilli flakes in the soup gives it a real zing as well. Happy fasting tomorrow.
    Have you tried grated carrot and fennel with lettuce in a salad? Simple and good on hotter days. Have it with a small amount of smoked fish. Yum. P

Well done, Shoshanna

The soup sounds delish. If you get hungry before bed, you can also have an egg or fish or lean protein of some kind.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hello!
    I am a 51 year old female from Brisbane. I start my first fast day tomorrow. I am a bit scared about how I will manage. I can get a bit hypoglycemic, but this usually only happens after I have eaten sugary things, so we shall see.
    Anyone have any top tips for a first day? I was thinking I might aim for between 500 and 600 calories for a first day?
    Thanks
    Elisa F

Hi all again. Bayleaf, plan to stick to 2 bowls of soup only tomorrow. Had a small bowl at lunch today to test the waters. Small bowl, very filling. Wasn’t hungry at dinner time, but ate a small amount coz it’s fast day tomorrow, and didn’t want to wake up starving, Will not eat from now (6.20) hopefully till about 11-12noon tomorrow. Will see how I go. Then soup again for dinner. Here’s hoping. Not necessarily every fast day, but could be a good menu at least one day of my 5:2 diet. Will report back on Saturday when I next intend to weigh. Good luck to all this coming week. May your scales be kind to all of you.

Soup is a great idea. I often make up batches of chicken and veg, that I freeze down for lunches on days there are no leftovers. Might be worth me working out the calorie count. I guess around 200cal (I add in a tin of beans).

Will be fasting Monday (tomorrow), was going to aim for Tues & Thur, but I know already Thursday will not be workable, so will shift it.

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

It’s been about ten days since I’ve posted anything and I’m feeling a little guilty having benefited from lots of motivating and encouraging posts and not reciprocated.

First let me join in welcoming all newbies over the last week or so. You’ve joined a great thread with a very eclectic bunch of people. Some of us have been on this program for just a few weeks, some for a number of months, and a few ‘wise veterans’ for over a year, so there is a whole spectrum of advice and encouragement to be had here.

When I first embarked upon this program I found it daunting. My first Fast Day was very hard to endure and by the end of it I had a bad headache, so I was keen to learn how people adjusted to this new way of eating and what techniques and eating regimes they adopted to help get them through the day. I posted that I went all day without food and had just a couple of bowls of home made vegetable soup in the evening and I received responses advising me on the content of the soup and to drink lots of water or green tea. This I did. I also read, and still read, as many of the posts on this thread as I can. I’ve found the posts to be very encouraging and extremely motivating.

I’m now commencing my fifth week and I can say that it’s a little like quitting smoking – the first week is the worst. The good news is that, unlike smoking, you can have a little meal or low calorie snack and you haven’t lost the plot. In fact that’s what you’re supposed to do – just keep it under the required number of calories for your Fast Day. And then the following day you can eat as normal (unlike smoking where you can’t smoke as normal the following day).

I prefer to have one meal in the evening (my soup) rather than two or three smaller meals throughout the day. I think this is probably because I wouldn’t have the willpower to restrict my calories three times a day whereas in the evening if I eat and still feel hungry I just go to bed and dream about what I’ll have for breakfast the next morning.

Initially I found this quite arduous but the body, or more probably the brain, adapts, and it becomes much easier to abstain. After two Fast Days (one week) I felt quite comfortable not eating all day and after a couple of weeks I was very surprised to find that two bowls of soup in the evening were perfectly adequate. Again the brain adjusting I guess, but I still dream about the next morning’s breakfast.

Now that I’m commencing my fifth week I’ve found that I’m inspired far more by the ‘veterans’ (term of endearment and respect) because they are living proof that this program works and is sustainable over time. People like Bayleafoz, Purple Vegie Eater (any relation to Purple People Eater?), Ihaveawaist, NickyF, MelbourneMum (my spellchecker’s having apoplexy with all these names) and others have all been adhering to this way of eating for many months and in some cases, over a year. The benefits that they have witnessed extend way beyond weight loss and include many health benefits including mental and emotional health.

So if you’re just starting this program I hope this post helps. There’s no doubt in my mind that the posts on this thread have helped me.

Finally can I pass on two pieces of very good and very sensible advice given to this thread by Bayleafoz and Ihaveawaist:

Bayleafoz – Whenever you feel hungry, just say to yourself. It’s only one day.

Ihaveawaist – Be kind and gentle with yourself! It’s a slow and steady way to regain good health and weight. It’s a marathon, not a sprint! So be your own best friend and let the 5:2 work its magic….don’t rush, enjoy the slow process of finding yourself again. (Full post on page 61 – well worth a read).

I wish you success.

Hey Bacchus, thanks for the unexpected plug, you really know how to boost an old girll’s ego…haha!

I just wanted to catch up after a hectic long weekend in Melbourne after attending my niece’s wedding. I was a little concerned that I would have stacked on tons of weight, due to all the extra fried food, champaign, French toast, sweets and general sitting around chewing the fat with the many many In-laws…..but this morning I’m pleasantly surprised that I’ve stayed on track, and not gained anything during my delicious breakout.
    Although I do feel a bit bloated from all that sugar and other stuff I never usually touch….I mean who keeps having Moët and red wine with lunch every day??? It did make for some hilarious conversations though!

I was happily surprised to see my emails chock a block with posts from this thread, as there was no access to the Internet at my mother-in-law’s place. Happy to report that she’s decided to take up her variation of this WOE , at the tender age of 81 and has a smaller waist already.
    I had a hard time finding a copy of the book to send her, but finally found one to post to her a month or so ago. I saw somewhere that there’s going to be a new edition coming out soon, so I’ll be getting that one too, as it’s so interesting to re-read.

Anyway, that’s enough rambling from me, welcome to all the new fasters, it’s not so hard, just be ready with an emergency carrot during mid-afternoon when the snack attack often happens, or do some calm breathing in the ‘thumbs out’ position. (opening up your chest, head slightly up and correcting your posture, with your thumbs turned away from, rather than inwards towards your body)

Cheers dears, and happy fasting today!

Bacchus, you started off with almost a confession – “its been about 10 days since I posted anything” – you are forgiven my child! 😉

Just weighed in after week two, lost another 800grams – so happy!!!! Still not prepared to share my weight – maybe in about 12 month! So that’s 2.6kg after two weeks.

Hubby sais the other day, fasting for two days makes you think about what goes in your mouth on the other days. WOW – he’s picked up on that after two weeks, was very impressed as he’s never been good at watching what he eats. He also lost 800grams this week and tells me he’s “not below the yellow line this week” 🙂

Am finding this surprisingly easier to follow and goals are set for the next few weeks. Have to still up the exercise, so might buy the Fast Exercise book.

Lover reading all the posts on here, inspiring and gives me a little laugh for the morning.

Good luck to all for the week

Could not have said it better myself bacchus! Great post .. It’s wonderful that many of you can do it with your OH and get that support from each other.. I’m starting Week 8 and won’t be weighing until the end of Week 10 I’ve decided .. I can tell by my clothes and the MOTH says I definitely don’t have as much ‘overhang’ .. Yep boobs and stomach first to go! I found the first few weeks not that easy.. Brain fade, headache, nausea but drank licorice, peppermint tea, water and mineral water with fresh lemon, mint and knowing that the hunger pangs would recede.. Also had some trouble sleeping so sometimes had a light, warmed milk with a little honey..Much easier now as the body adapts..I usually have maybe a few strawberries in the morning, a black coffee, a Bonox around 2pm and a meal at around 7 pm, lean meat prob around 100 grams, steamed veggies or salad (I guess I have around a cup or so) or a Weight Watchers meal if I don’t have the energy.. and maybe an apple or milk if I have some spare calories! I really think it’s whatever works for you is fine as long as you stick to the main rules!

Morining all! Bacchus you are so right about this thread. It’s my come to whenever I am feeling like a fd is just too hard or little doubts creep in that I can sustain it after I reach goal. I am very grateful it is here.
    This is either week five or six for me (oh dear early senior moment – must keep doing 5.2, must keep doing 5.2) and my first fd of the week. Lots of changes happening, not just on the scales and around the waist but in my head as well. I think in my very first post here I proclaimed how much I dislike exercise and that has been consistent for all of my 43 years, yet last night there was some strange women on the couch telling my husband we probably need to hire a treadmill because, you know, some running would be good! It took me a few moments to realise this now slightly slimmer women was me and I was right, some running would be good.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Good morning SH mates

Just a quick check in while having a cuppa.

Welcome to newcomers and thank you Bacchus for the compliment. We all support each other and share our experiences.

Fasting as usual today and tomorrow following more disciplined non-FDs this past week.

Keep up the good work all.

Hi NickyF, just touching base. Lots going on at the mo. I lost a whole 600g in my first week. Happy it went down not up. Also remind myself that this is a WOL not a quick fix.
    Need to rein in on my non FD. Have a good week.

Hi everyone, I’m from Adelaide on about week 5 of the FAST diet but I am obviously doing something wrong as the scales are yet to sway for me, which is sad as I am not seeing the results for my challenging fast days. I had the same trouble when I tried joining a gym though – I got fitter and more toned but didn’t drop much at all. I am hoping something starts to happen soon – or maybe my scales are broken!

Struggling a bit today – I can normally go without food easily until lunch time but was sooo longing for my measly tin of tuna in springwater and 5 cherry tomatoes that I ate my tomatoes for morning tea. Sent my OH shopping so I don’t have to be enticed by the supermarket but I still have to cook dinner for the kids tonight so have asked him to get me some prawns so at least I have a yummy prawn salad to look forward to and keep my mitts off the kid’s leftovers!

One good thing this diet has done is to reduce my sugar cravings. At a end of year wind up yesterday there was a whole table full of cakes and things, and soft drinks. I managed only half a soft drink, and found it too sweet, and only had a little nibble from the sweets table as it was just too sickly.

Hi Jaybee

Please don’t think you are alone. We all struggle some days to stick with the fast. Good idea to stay away from temptation when you can. Just keep saying. It’s only one day. 🙂

Hi Bachus, Thanks for your kind words. It makes a difference to keeping on the thread. Like you, I need support and motivation. 😆

Cheers, Bay

Hi Jaybee78, I can’t tell just from your post, but perhaps 500 cal on a fast day is too much for you? I work on 1/4 of my TDEE and that brings my fast day cals to around 350. If I eat at 500 cals on fast days nothing much really happens.
    HB

Purple, IHAW, Nicky

Thanks for your support over last four months. I have needed it and you’ve given it freely. Feeling down today, as did classic slapstick fall off the bottom rung of step ladder when descending, after pruning high hedge. 😆

Felt both stupid and sore as landed on my coccyx ,(aka butt bone), and I now don’t have any flab to cushion the landing. 🙂 The landing was brick pavers.. I was very careful while up the ladder. Just misjudged which step was the bottom rung. Most common idiot accident to people over 60. Puts me right in the square. 🙂

Enough for now. Cheers, Bay 🙂

Poor Bay
    I hope it heals quickly. We need your cheery self dispensing sage advice and keeping us honest.
    All the best, your mate P x

Hi Jaybee

Good suggestion from aitchbee about number of calories. Also, Many of us had to give away wheat and sugar and starch during the period we want to lose weight. You might like to give it a try for a month and see how that goes.

Cheers, Bay

Hi bay, pop some ice on it to help with the pain and bruising.
    Ladders are a menace to society, but sadly they are here to stay. Hope things start looking up for you and that you get through the rest of the day before unscathed!

Thanks, Purple and IHAW. Have cut myself some slack today and just had some GF toast with avocado. What a treat on what has now become a semi fast day. 😆 Cheers, Bay

thanks aitchbee – just been having a scan through the posts and I think you might be onto something – a quarter of my TDEE is 440, so perhaps I should try to stick under 400 (leaving 40 as a little leeway just in case). I know sugar brings more sugar cravings (I found that when I have gone off it, I don’t really want it after that initial detox), but didn’t realise how bad wheat was for the hunger pangs. I am avoiding it during a fast day, but perhaps I should be more cautious of it on feed days too – as perhaps that is what is effecting my fast days.

Just caved and had an instant coffee (with a drop of milk) – I normally avoid it on FD because I hate the taste without sugar and have it with one teaspoon so tea is much better as I never have sugar in that. Feeling a bit better after a coffee, so maybe it was the caffeine I needed (not that there is much in an instant)

bay – why would avocado on toast put you over? I am using Easy Diet Diary to track my cals and have gotten away with a slice or two of avocado on a ryvitta rye crispbread with a small piece of smoked salmon for lunch before, with still calories to spare for a bowl of veg for dinner with a tiny bit of chicken.

Maybe that’s my problem – maybe my calorie counter isn’t that good and is telling me I am consuming less than I actually am.

Hi Jaybee

Please don’t feel disheartened! I too am on week 5 and am yet to see the scales move very much at all…Cm’s yes, but scales no. Make sure you measure. Everyone keeps commenting on how much weight I have lost, but I haven’t lost enough to make a difference in my appearance, the loss in cm’s have however made a difference.

I love reading everyone’s posts! It keeps me going! Currently sitting here fighting the hunger devil thats rearing its ugly head! Doesn’t help that both my children have decided that sleep isn’t something they need right now! Always find fast days harder when I am tired. But, then I guess life isn’t always perfect and on plan so I have to just push through. Its only one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everytime I get a hunger pang, I convince myself its my body shedding cm’s lol!

Hi again SH mates.

Bay, your poor posterior! Ladders are the invention of the devil and the cause of most household accidents.

I of all people know it’s hard to be on the receiving end of advice but if you will indulge me please….

How tall is your hedge? It’s possible to get powered hedge shears with an adjustable top to trim tall stuff without having to climb. Maybe Father Christmas could oblige? Alternatively, is it possible to lower the hedge height?

Take care of yourself. You’re too precious to be lost!

Jaybee, another from Adelaide, welcome and don’t lose heart. HB has good advice about checking your calorie intake. Your cms may be going up in smoke.

Insanely busy day today so went in a flash. Two hours later than usual leaving for work so just off home now.

Keep up the good work all.

Great post Bacchus 😀 It is good to read about the wisdom in this thread.

Must remember to log in during my lunch break, so there is less to catch up on a night.

Well, first FD has been an odd one. Ate most of my calories in latte (we have a professional coffee machine at work), so have found this evening interesting. Just green tea and a few snow peas to nibble on. Oh well I am surviving.

Will finish completing the Tracker and double check what my calories on FD need to be.
    Find I prefer Calorie King for checking calorie count and I just keep a mental note of what I have eaten. Not overly hard, as I am not consuming that much.

I apologise if your reading this twice.My post disappeared after writing so here goes take 2…..

Hi All
    Another from Perth!

I started the 5:2 diet after watching Sunday Night 5 weeks ago.

I lost 1kg in the first 2 weeks. I was impressed!

Something is wrong with my scales now( I think I broke them) as they are not changing.

I am still very happy as I have managed to go down 2 dress sizes in 5 weeks.

I fast on Monday,Thursday and Saturday.

My exercise is swimming and I work up a sweat in the garden 4 times a week.

I fast on Monday,Thursday and Saturday. I am trying different ways to fast either porridge with blueberries for breakfast and dinner at 3pm or no breakfast and a huge dinner at 4pm (500 cals of course). It seems to be easier to wait and eat later now.

I especially love the taste of food the morning after the fast days…mmmmmmm.

So many benefits.My memory has improved…or is that wishful thinking!

I enjoy reading the posts they get me over many hurdles.

Hi Vegiemumma 😀 Are you taking any measurements? They could be reducing even thought the scales are not.

Did a proper weigh in this morning. Been over a year since the last. Well, I have put on 5kg since then. Argued with hubby this morning about getting a proper set of scales (I have to use the scales with the Wii) and he carried on that it is proven they don’t help. I swear I have read recently that regular weighing does help stop the weight creep. Anyway I may just need to buy a basic set and keep them out of sight 😉

Ok after yesterday’s FD. So now just doing some basic calorie tracking to ensure that I am eating to my TDEE. Hopefully after a week of doing that I will have an idea if I have the right gut feel for what I should be eating. Otherwise I hate calorie counting

Hi veggiemumma.. 2 dress sizes in 5 weeks! Where do you get your clothes from in Perth? Lol .. Well done that’s fantastic.. Think I’ve gone down one dress size but find that’s sizes are quite inconsistent anyway .. Gone down a cup in bra size and I’m happy about that! Astrid, I use my hubby’s digital scales and they are great (he has to constantly weigh himself as he is a home dialysis patient) .. It’s worth investing in a good set I think although funny, I didn’t agree to it at first! They are just floor scales to jump on .. A&D brand (oops.. Prob not correct to say that and I’m not a salesperson for them!)

Hi everyone. Today is my 7th Fast Day. I am really surprised but I haven’t had a hunger pain all day. I am unsure if this is a good thing or not. Hope this doesn’t mean that my body has adjusted that much, that fasting wont work as good anymore.

Hi Keirra

You don’t have to suffer for this way of life to be good for you. When you get used to fasting, for many people it feels like a natural part of life, not pain. Well done and enjoy!

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Thanks bayleafoz, its nice to know that I don’t have to have hunger pains to get the benefits from this WOL.

So annoyed at myself at the moment. Had fish and vegetables for tea. Didn’t bother to check the cals. until afterwards. 290 for the fish, I was thinking it was going to be about 100cals less. Now I am closer to 600cals, than 500cals. Oh well I learnt a lesson, from now on I will always check something new, even if I think it will be low.

Keirra, on a FD just go for a much smaller portion. Fish is fantastic as it gives you the protein without the fat and calories. Just increase the veggie/salad to make your plate look a bit fuller – you might be able to trick yourself that you’re eating a normal sized meal 😉 For example, I do a half a salmon fillet (skinless/boned) baked in the oven with a small piece of pumpkin and served with steamed peas and cauliflower. Squeeze a little lemon (and add some to the water you drink with it), sprinkle on some dill, and enjoy guilt free! It’s such an easy meal we often do it as a family meal on Fridays, when I get to eat more than just a few mouthfuls of salmon.

Oh, and the other trick – on a FD I often fill out the food diary (I use Easy Diet Diary – a free ap) in the morning. This way I can see if my plan is going to fit within the calorie budget and make adjustments before I have eaten. It can also help me to stick to it as I have already entered it and it makes it more concrete – I am more likely to stick to it, and when I think about having that extra mouthful of something, I know if there is room for it or not so I can more easily talk myself out of it as I can see how much it will add in comparison to the “meals” I have planned for the day. HTH

Hi Astrid
    Great news the scales are working again! (does little jig)

I did a weigh in this morning and I have lost 2 kg (in 3 weeks). I weigh in once a week.

Even though I haven’t been relying on the scales but my measurements and fitting into smaller sizes I must admit that I am still smiling from seeing the scales go down.I had consoled myself that maybe I should just be happy with going down in measurement.I was in shock at the beginning but now I am OK.

So I am going to continue with what I have been doing over the 5 weeks.I have another 10kg to go!

My scales are a Kmart special and I disagreed with the breakdown of total fat content that it gave me,(maybe I am in denial) so I only use it for weight.

Hi Hootinannie
    I have frequent shopping points at the local charity shop lol

I have started getting items for the next size down to help me keep focused. I love saying goodbye to the” no longer able to be used” because they are falling down clothes .

Don’t you just love 5:2! You get to have an excuse to buy new clothes and a healthier body to show it off in.

Hi @8forlinda, We have the same goals! You are doing so well! Congratulations on your loss so far. I am also at 68kg after 7 weeks of 5:2 and I aim to get to 60 also. Can I ask how tall you are? I haven’t lost anything on the scale this week but I have lost a cm from my waist so I am happy about that. 🙂

8ForLinda and Fastina,
    I am also 68kg and am way too scared to put a goal of 60kg on my page. I have been walking 5kms, all hills, 3 times a week for over a year now and my weight hasn’t shifted. Just over a year ago I walked the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea – 7 arduous days of walking mountains, 96kms in total, at least 8 hours each day – and I was still only 65kg when I finished. I am almost resolved to the fact that I will be 67-69kg for the rest of my life, even though this puts my BMI as “overweight”. I am only 163cm.
    I am very fit but remain “overweight” – I really hope this 5:2 can give me some hope.

Hi Macandmui and regulars (you know who you are!), 5:2 might help be the answer MAC. I know your story well as a personal experience I have gone through this in the past and again a few years back.

About two years ago I went on a ‘diet’ (reduced calorie, smaller portions etc, reduced beer consumption etc, miserable diet syndrome, the whole pathetic ‘carrot stick’ mentality) and have always been a firm believer in exercise combined with reduced consumption basically as the ‘key’ to weight loss.

Anyway, My wife and I were walking 50km a week ‘briskly’ covering our 8.3 km ‘loop’ in about 1hr 10min (yes 50km a week….nearly killed both our dogs as they came with us). We even jogged a few loops a few weeks into it as my wife is keen on collecting my life insurance policy early…I really believe this. I struggled to loose 1kg a week over a 4 month period ‘the old fashioned way’.

I do not want to sound like I am ‘bragging’ but I went on 5:2 5 weeks ago (partly because I am renovating a house and working so exercise is not really a time option for me at present if I ever wish to finish the place before xmas….however that is another story). The point is, outside of getting up and down a few ladders, throwing paint brushes and swearing lots and without even the 3 minute HIIT exercise ‘prescribed’ for 5:2 I have lost 5kgs to date.

Now, people can argue about ‘the quality’ of this weight loss as to how much is muscle wastage, the fact that exercise is building muscle that weighs more so it was ‘better quality’ weight loss, blah, blah blah, but I will confess my NON FD have been a bit of a ‘train wreck’ at times (Okay, I accept 10 beers and a big Chinese take away meal is probably not sound nutrition) but the point is, with very little ‘real’ effort I have lost 5kgs and still have ‘all options open’ to improve upon this if weight loss slows over the next few weeks. So MAC, there really might be ‘some hope’ for you based on my own ‘beginner’s luck’ experience with 5:2. Hope this encourages you.

Thank you for your support BKDad. I feel guilty writing my weight as I know there are many who would like to weigh what I do. But we are all fighting our own battles – and alas, weight is not my biggest one. Still, I am absolutely up for the challenge of 5:2 when being fit and exercising regularly just haven’t shifted anything.

Hi Astrid

Go with your instincts. When I began fasting I bought a set of digital scales. I never used to weigh myself and believe that is why my weight slowly crept up. I store them under the bed and record my weight once a week in the best spot on the bathroom floor. 😆 I use it as a warning if my weight begins to wobble upwards. As I have reached my goal weight, it’s good to be reminded when I need to fast.

Hi BKD, please brag all you like. Everyone needs a role model and your success story is just that. Congratulations on your weight loss.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Thanks, Nicky, take care of yourself. Bay 🙂

Hi Bigkahunadad, thanks for sharing, very inspiring. I have done the typical diet thing in the past sometimes with success and sometimes without. The main thing is just not that sustainable. So fingers crossed, 5:2 does it for me.

Hey bayleafoz. Good to know someone gets good use out of the scales. I find I get to a point where I can guess I am putting on weight, but getting the Wii setup to weigh myself is pain and I use it as an excuse to not weigh as I just don’t want my fears confirmed. I just have to get over the stupidity.

2nd FD done and dusted. Was so hungry last night and feeling hungry today. But then my hunger is odd, I have had days where I have just as hungry when I have been eating lots. Hoping my hunger hormones sorts themselves out.

Finding sleep not the best. I am not the best sleeper most nights, so really my sleep has been pretty rotten and probably making my hunger right now worse. I do know I can get very hungry just from feeling tired.

Thanks for the advise Jaybee78, I wont be buying marinated fish anymore without checking the cals first.

Well today is another FD for me. This is my 4th week on the WOL. My last FD (Tuesday) I noticest that I didn’t have any hunger pains which is really unusal for me. So today, as I was home all day, I thought I would wait until I got a hunger pain before I ate anything. Well I haven’t got a hunger pain all day, and all I have had is water and a couple of cups of coffee. I might as well wait for Dinner now before I eat. I am so happy that I have been able to do this, and I feel that my relationship with food is becoming healthier (it is not ruling my life anymore). This WOL must be changing my system as I have never been able to go without food without feeling faint and having hunger pains. I am very happy at the moment.

Hi fellow fasters, almost the end of my second fd this week and the end of my 7th week on 5:2. I love this part of a fd, you have got through and breakfast is within sight!
    Keirra, I am the same as you now, getting through the day without overwhelming hunger and waiting till dinner to eat, I find that much more manageable than eating small meals thought the day.
    I tried the Slendier noodles this week that someone recommend on this forum, they are pretty yum I thought. Used them with some prawns and veggies and made a stir fry for dinner, it was very satisfying.
    My other half vowed he would start the 5.2 WOL this week but I woke Monday morning to the smell of toast wafting through the house – he looked very sheepish when I walked into the kitchen 🙂 Maybe next week!

Viewing 50 posts - 3,201 through 3,250 (of 27,974 total)

You must be logged in to reply.