Gain weight after feed day

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Gain weight after feed day

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  simcoeluv 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi all,

I have just jumped on the scales and gained 1kg after a feed day. Initially I lost 1kg from the fast now I have picked it back up. Should I avoid weighing myself daily because this is very disheartening? If this is the trend then my assumption is a s follows 5 feed days = 5kg gain and 2 fast days = 2kg lost – 5 – 2 = 3kg nett gain per week. Some advice will be much appreciated.

Put the scales away and don’t panic. It is possible to gain and lose 10 lb in one day. I never lost weight the day after a fast, it always took several to register.

Record your weight before the fast with your measurements of bust/chest, waist, hips, thighs and upper arms.Losing internal fat is the goal, so the weight may not shift but the tape measure will certainly record the shrinkage.

Weigh and measure once a week.

Try it and see. Let us know what happens after a week.

Keep calm and keep going.

I’ve been weighing myself quite a bit, in fact I’ve got a older balance beam scale and I’m wondering about the wear parts. My weight bounces around quite a bit. In the morning I should be most dehydrated, but I think my actual water weight probably depends on how much salt I’ve been eating. Also, I had hay fever real bad awhile back and I wonder about that effecting things. And with 5:2, I usually don’t go potty on the day after fasting and now things are a bit irregular.

For me, I usually lose between .5 and 1.5 pounds from Friday morning (fast Monday and Thursday), to the next Friday morning, but I often gain up to 3 pounds in between, even in weighing just in the mornings. A couple of times I’ve gained weight over the week but I can’t be sure what caused the gain. I went on some very long hikes over the summer and would expect that to have an effect too.

It’s good to weigh, I think, but you need respond positively to the bad news which will come, and not get complacent when the news is good.

I think my scale is dodgy. I got back onto the scale 1.5hrs later and I weighed 114.2kg from 116.1 earlier. I weighed myself the second time to make sure. I even moved the scale to a different location.

I would just set one day a week aside to weigh in. Dont do it daily and every few hours. you are bound to fail if you keep doing this.

lui789, if you’re using digital scales they can be extremely variable over a short time.

Good quality digital scales are usually better than cheap ones, but all of them are sensitive to temperature. One manufacturer recommends using theirs between 18°C and 30°C.

I had some cheap digital scales, but threw them away because the discrepancies were so huge and made them virtually useless. I replaced them with an expensive set which is much better – however they are still unreliable at lower temperatures… within a few minutes they can vary .4kg or more.

Compounding this problem is that some scales are programmed to show the same weight if used within a short time, to disguise the variability – so for instance if you discard your heavy shoes and re-weigh, the scales show the same weight!

For now, I try to make sure I use my scales within the proper temperature range, which works reasonably well. I suppose the other options might be to use a scale designated as being suitable for medical use (I suspect most of them are analogue), or beam-type scales.

Hi everyone,

I started the 5:2 diet last week. I fasted on Monday and then on Wednesday. Monday morning I weighed 51.7 kgs and on Wednesday morning I weighed 51.4kgs which I was thrilled about. However when I weighed myself this morning I weighed 52.6kgs? How is this possible? I am doing 3 days of HIT training in combination with the fast, is it possible I’m gaining weight from that?

Any info or help will be greatly appreciated .

Hi zimbos and welcome:

This thread answers your questions, and more: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.