First week 5:2 feeling great!!! Join me in this journey!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
First week 5:2 feeling great!!! Join me in this journey!!

This topic contains 90 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Ahmedmilton 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 41 posts - 51 through 91 (of 91 total)

• Lid4short, I am pretty stoked about the loss. Definitely did not expect it. I’ll take whatever I can get and will rejoice in every success, however small (or big) they may be. πŸ™‚

Hi Coffeeholic we have a few things in common!I know all about the dreaded “M”, my name should be “Coffeeholic2”, I need to lose 15kg AND today is the start of my second week too. Don’t be disheartened about the scales … it’s early days yet. I look forward to your updates – my weigh in is Wed so I’ll let you know how I go πŸ™‚

Hi Coffeeholic we have a few things in common!I know all about the dreaded β€œM”, my name should be β€œCoffeeholic2β€³, I need to lose 15kg AND today is the start of my second week too. Don’t be disheartened about the scales … it’s early days yet. I look forward to your updates – my weigh in is Wed so I’ll let you know how I go πŸ™‚

Hi Kerry, thanks for the welcome πŸ™‚ I’m from Perth and enjoy the flexibility too … nothing worse than feeling like you can’t have something coz guess what, that just makes you really want it! Just need to learn how to manage my two restricted days to work best for me but so much easier not being consecutive days.

oops… does anyone know how to delete a double post LOL ?? you can’t half tell I’m a “newbie”!

Hello everyone, hope you all had a good weekend.

Well after having my son and his girlfriend stay all weekend, today is finally my start day. I started the day with lemon juice in hot water and so far have only had water to drink. I am thinking I will probably just have water for most of the day and a salad with perhaps some protein for dinner. If I get super hungry in the meantime I might have a coconut water. So far so good and apart from a little tummy rumbling a short while ago I don’t really feel hungry. Let’s see what the rest of the day brings!

Wishing you all a happy and healthy week.

I am live just south of Mandurah WA.

Hi SezzyR

Well done on your first fast. How did the rest of the day go? I found today a bit tough, but I made it thank goodness. I’m trying to make it longer in the morning until I eat….I can see merit in having nothing but water/tea until dinner….but not sure how I’d go….but after my brunch….I was pretty hungry all day.
    BUT….now I can have two days of eating healthily….:)

Hi Foxycoxy .. in answer to your question I live in Maida Vale.

Fast day was yesterday and like you tried to go as long as possible without eating but there’s a fine balance because if I leave it too long then I’m too hungry at dinner time and find it hard to stay within the required calories. Yesterday I just had coffee in the morning, a few bits of fruit and miso soup mid afternoon. Filled me up a bit and wasn’t as ravenous when I got home.

It’s only week 2 so still working it out but that worked pretty well πŸ™‚

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone, today is the start of week 2 for me. Had a great loss on both the scales and tape measure this morning … a 3.7kg loss WOO HOO, so very happy with that along with several cm’s lost overall … fast day today for me, I find not eating until lunch time’ish best for me and then a very light meal with a more substantial meal at dinner and this week I’m aiming for b2b fast days as I want to change my weigh day to later in the week (which I’ll do this week). Hope to catch up with the thread … glad to see others are also moving those scales downwards … go us πŸ™‚

Well done Lid4short…..you will work out what’s best for you as you go. I am still experimenting. I fast again on Thursday, so might try some fruit for breakfast, then light lunch and a salad for dinner…

Aussie O….congrats on a great loss and on the measurements! It’s great when you know you are getting smaller! I’ve thought of doing a b2b fast too…but not sure how I’d go, keep us posted!

Today was my weigh day and I have lost 2.5kg in my first week and my measurements are down too….mainly my waist, of which I am really pleased. I’ve always carried my excess weight between my waist and my knees….but now I’m older it’s moved up top too….:(

It’s funny, but knowing that I can eat what I want for next two days is making me more thoughtful and careful about what I eat!

Yes, GO US! πŸ™‚

Well done Foxy, it’s most unusual for me to lose this amount, even when I was the same weight commencing as this time so I’m really happy right now.

As I’m at work tomorrow I’ll prepare one or two boiled eggs to take with me (need to check cals first to see if one or two will be what I have) and will have home made soup again for dinner. Mind you at this rate I’ll be needing to make another batch of soup before too long, lol, usually the amount made would last over summer for occasional entree’s or meals. Now I find that one of the serves is AMPLE for me, even after just the first couple of days.

I’ll let everyone know how I went before bed tomorrow night πŸ™‚

Hi everyone,

Kate from country Victoria and on day 2 of the 4 day fast. I’m 52 and am looking forward to losing weight to help myself, my horse and my joints. My horse fell over with me on him and I fractured my leg and tore my shoulder badly. 12 weeks later and sitting on the couch for pretty much 8 weeks I have put on so much weight, lost muscle tone and feel like an old lady by the end of the day.

I rewatched Eat, Fast, Live longer yesterday on my 1st fast day and am trying to get a hard copy of the book without much luck as sold out everywhere. I’m reading everything I can on this site so that should tide me over until I can get the book. Can’t say I’m hungry today after my Miso Soup last night for dinner but will wait and see how I get on today??

I will look forward to keeping in touch and seeing less of myself. Regards and thank you all for the inspiration in your post above. πŸ™‚ Kate

Hi Katie:

I’m sure you know that there is no four day fast connected with 5:2, but if you think it will help, go for it. Most people find starting with two non consecutive days makes it easier for their bodies to adapt to the 5:2 eating pattern.

Here is a link that contains all the information you need to do 5:2: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Hope you get well soon.

Good Luck!

Hi there,

no I didn’t really know that. I watched the program where Michael went to the States and did the 4 day fast and lowered his Growth hormone levels dramatically. I knew he thought the 5:2 was easier but I also thought the 4 day fast was part of it before you went onto the 5:2 lifestyle.

I didn’t eat yesterday except for the Miso soup which he also ate and that was my plan again today??? What do they say about “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing”??? Think I might need to buy the book online and read it on the screen. Thank you so much for your link above as well. I have been on there and read some of your posts already.

Well I might contemplate what’s for breakfast now then. πŸ™‚

Hi, my husband and I just started, in our first week and today is our second fast day, I find I’m going ok, but wishing the day to pass quickly!

Hi, my husband and I just started, in our first week and today is our second fast day, I find I’m going ok, but wishing the day to pass quickly. we are from newcastle Australia.

Hi everyone, well my first B2B went well, found that I was a little hungry at lunchtime but not since then, although having said that I have eaten dinner overall for the day 535 calories. I’ve also had 8 – 10 glasses of water (plus a 750ml bottle of water) I’m feeling great, no headache, no hunger just feeling great. I don’t advocate this for everyone but there will be some who find it easier. I’ve done it this week as I’m changing my weigh & measure day and my 2nd FD would be after this. Back to having at least one day in between next week.

Welcome to the new people I’m sure you’ll get hints and tips in here, Simcoeluv is a wealth of information and is so lovely to share and point us in the right direction. Reading through various threads will also help you understand the 5:2 eating way of life.

Hi everyone…..off on my second fast day for the week and my 4th overall since starting. I’m finding it much easier today, usually I’m really hungry in the mornings….but just feel great today! I had a cold earlier in the week and am amazed at how quickly I’ve recovered…..I’m putting that down to the 5:2 WOL….

Well done Aussie O! B2B fast is something I’m going to try if I need to so your feedback is great….my first two fasts I only did a day between, but having had two days between fasts this week, I’ve found to be the best so far.

Welcome KarinKevin…..how did your first fast day go?

Hope your day has been good Foxy … finding that today I’m even less hungry and feel full quicker than usual. Fingers crossed for my new weigh & measure day tomorrow morning πŸ˜€

Hi everybody,
    I’m Peter from Sydney and this is the first time I have ever entered into a group discussion like this. I have enjoyed reading all your comments. Today I finish the second week of the 5:2 diet and I have lost close on 4 kgs. My aim is to lose 25kgs but I am rather immobile at the moment because of a recent operation on my ankle.
    Thanks for all the encouragement through your posts!
    Cheers.

Hi Peter and welcome! It’s great that you have joined us, and we look forward to hearing from you as you go along. Well done on your weight loss πŸ™‚

Aussie….I had the best fast day so far today…..apart from a couple of short hunger twinges, it just seemed really easy….and like you I was full rather than hungry after my two meals. Hope your weigh day goes well. I’m going to switch to Fridays as well…..makes sense, weigh before the weekend rather than after….in case I have another slip up hehe

Hi Bramo and welcome. Well done on your losses so far. I have completed almost 2 weeks now but have changed my weigh day to Friday from Tuesday this week so will count it as 2 weeks.

Had my new weigh in day today (last weigh in day was last Tuesday). I am happy with my weight this morning, after all it’s only 3 days since last weigh in, but to lose 1.2kg is unheard of for me and that is after a large (for me) evening meal last night! I’ve also lost some more size which is wonderful too.

Hi everyone, I am in Brisbane and started Monday last week. I am fasting on Mondays and Wednesdays so yesterday I completed my fourth fast. I weigh in on Monday mornings so I know how much I have lost after eating normally for the rest of the week. I only found out yesterday that I have to limit my non-fast days to 2000 cals, silly me thought it was a free for all. Even so in the first week I lost half a kilo and I am happy with that as if it continues in four months I will be at goal. I only have a green salad with a small can of tuna at night on fasting days which I struggle to get through it is so filling. I do admit that I struggle late at night as this is usually my munchy time. Anyway enough of me, I am finding all your posts inspiring and hope everyone is having a great day.

Hi Please good to see you here. This is a great WOL (way of life) I’ve almost finished 2 weeks (I commenced on a Tuesday but changed my weigh day to today this week so 1 week and 3 days for me). Basically if you restrict non-fast days to between your BMR and TDEE or less you will lose weight is my understanding. I struggle to eat up to my BMR most days let alone my TDEE. I track my foods through MyFitnessPal which has lots of different brands listed so have a look there. I only use it for my food at this point in time as need to lose more before I will incorporate any additional exercise.

There’s lots of information on this site, check back in this thread where simcoeluv has given some wonderful information and links to other information useful to us all.

Hi everyone, I’m Tricia, 55 yrs old & lifetime dieter.This is the end of my first week. I’ve lost 1kg & am excited! It’s so great to find other people who live in Australia on the same journey as myself- to get healthy.
    My goal weight is 57kg (I’m 155cm tall), reduction of 15.7kg, but also to reduce my cholesterol, lower my blood pressure, lose abdo weight to reduce risk of heart attacks!
    It’s great to be able to share this journey with you all. We will make it:)

Hi Please, I didn’t realise feed days were to be 2000 cal either so I went back to the book (the fast diet). On page 114 in the FAQ, one question was “can I really eat what I like on the off-duty days?” & the answer is YES. Michael & Mimi state that it’s too hard for people to grossly overeat the day after a fast. Eventually “intermittent fasting will regulate the appetite” (pg 115)

I get the feeling that doing the 5:2 works because you’re not depriving yourself of foods you love everyday. You can still have them on feed days.

So just relax & enjoy eating normally on your feed days cause thats what you’re supposed to do. πŸ™‚

Welcome Tricia and Please….well done on your progrss so far. Like Aussie says this is a great WOL and from what others have shared who have been eating this way for some time….you will be well on your way to increasing your health and reducing health risks.

Aussie O, way to go! Well done πŸ™‚

I too have changed my (official) weigh day to today, and since I last weighed on Tuesday (my previous weigh day) I have lost 1kg…and 2.5cm overall from my bust, waist and hips! I am really happy. I lost 11kg earlier in year, and sadly put almost 4kg back on in a matter of months….I’ve almost lost that now, and can concentrate on the next 20kgs :0

Go us!

Hi everyone,

day 4 now and after my total fast on Tuesday and my 500 calorie fast on Wednesday, I’ve got to admit I’m pretty pleased with myself and my results so far. I’m now not worried about not having breakfast as soon as I wake up too.

Do you all eat only when you feel hungry or do most stick with 3 meals a day? Does it matter if I have a late breakfast and then not have lunch? After watching Eat, Fast and Live Longer I think the message was the longer between meals the more repair your body is getting. These questions are probably answered elsewhere so I’m sorry if I’m being repetitive.

Hi Tricia, we have started pretty much at the same time. Good luck with your goals.

I’ve found a fantastic app for my phone called EasyDietDiary which has over 50,000 Australian foods already listed and you can scan bar codes and lock foods in too. It also has the option to make it better when it doesn’t register a product, you add it.

I will weigh in on Tuesday and think I might try and keep that my weigh in day so that I don’t go overboard on the weekends.

Have a great weekend.

Go Foxy, yay you. That’s great to see the scales and tape measure lowering isn’t it πŸ™‚ I lost 8.5cm off bust, waist, hips and neck in these 3 days (14cm altogether so far in just 1 1/2 weeks).

Hi Katie & Tricia, I eat 2 meals per day as that suits me. Basically if you need breakfast early then have it, if you don’t need it you don’t have to eat it. I’m finding that I’m just not hungry but if I was I’d eat. It’s early days for me too, but the best advice I was given was to eat up to my TDEE but no more on non fast days for faster weight loss. Yes you will lose regardless but I want faster loss to start with as I have a lot of weight to lose, therefore I eat much more that MyFitnessPal recommends on non-fast days and it advises that if I continue eating this amount it will take xyz weeks to get to abc weight, then on my fast days it warns me I may not be eating enough.

One thing to remember is that every 10kg to recalculate your BMR and TDEE’s so that you keep moving those down too. On this site their tracker will automatically adjust your BMI (mine’s moved down almost by 2 in this time.

Each of us will adjust this way of eating to suit our lifestyles.

Tonight my OH and I go out for dinner with friends, yes I WILL have dessert – chocolate sundae – (if I want one) and one soft drink along with my main meal BUT I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish my main meal as I’m finding already that I need to reduce the amount on my plate. Will I stress about what I’m eating … NO. Why is this? Because I have prepared for this meal, I only ever have a light lunch these days so if I eat more at dinner then that’s fine. I try to stop eating as soon as I start feeling full (doesn’t always happen as I didn’t get this size by not eating all on my plate of what I loved). I put it all in MyFitnessPal so that I keep a track on what I eat (today is the only day of the week I eat close to my BMR). I also make sure to drink a minimum 8 – 10 large glasses of water each day as this helps not only flush but a little more incidental exercise too, lol πŸ˜‰ .

Happy shrinking all πŸ˜€

Gosh its inspiring reading everyones stories. I am 53 and live in Sydney and would like to lose another 24kg ideally but to even get down 18kg will get me lower than I have been for over 20 years.

OH and I are doing it together. I decided that our number 1 issue is portion size so I found an organic meal delivery site. I thought if I do that for 3 weeks it should re-set my internal tummy and then I should be able to manage better.

Our fast days are Monday and Thursday – last week was week 1 and I lost 3kg which was so motivating but this week only 1/2 kg. Still, down is better than up.

I find on fast days that the longer I can go before I eat the easier it is – I have been sort of working on the 16 and 8 timing. Have dinner on Sunday night and don’t eat for another 16 hours, then I try to have protein – usually a couple of eggs I poached in the morning. They keep me full for hours.

So far so good but the food deliveries are only about 1000 calories and so I am lacking energy. I am going to try and top up to at least 1200 on non fast days. Have been doing weights at the gym 3 times a week and a boxing class for exercise.

Just hoping I don’t put on anything on the weekend, its my pet hate on diets.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi Vanbrooky reading your 2nd last sentence, may I suggest that instead of looking at this program as a “diet” look at it as a way of life, an eating program that will help improve your health. The way this program works for me is that I eat 500 calories on fast days however I can eat up to my TDEE on non-fast days and still have a weight loss. I’m finding after just the first week that eating up to my BMR is becoming difficult as I just don’t eat that much any more. I generally eat two meals per day as that is what suits me (some people find that three meals per day suits them, that’s fine, it’s an individual eating program). Yesterday I forgot to eat until dinner and as we were out I had what I wanted but found, if I was to have my chocolate sundae which I was determined to have yesterday, that I could only eat half my main meal. That meant that my total caloric intake for yesterday, including drinks and sundae, came to nearly 1300 calories.

Don’t forget to check out the information that simcoeluv has given in here and other threads, it really does help to get the hang of things πŸ™‚ particularly as I’m no expert having just the same amount of time doing this as most others in this thread.

Happy Fast Day to everyone fasting today! I am onto my 5th fast day, am very proud of myself!

Hi everyone,

So after 8 days and feeling pretty good I stood on the scales today as I was away Monday and Tuesday. Down exactly 4 kg. I can’t quite believe it. My fasting days were Monday and Tuesday so I figure that has a lot to do with such a great result.

I think the greatest thing this has shown me is that I don’t have to eat every 3 hours or at certain times, I can just eat when I’m hungry and try and stick to 3 meals maximum a day. The other thing I’ve noticed is that I’ve been awake now for 3 hours and had a coffee with raw milk and don’t feel hungry at all. It’s been eye opening and very liberating to know that I don’t need ALL of the food I had been consuming thinking I must eat to keep my metabolism firing. Well No!!!

I have been and bought the book and so pleased I did as I do want to follow the protein suggestions as well. I love the idea that my body is repairing my cells instead of constantly making new ones from too much protein.

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling happy. Cheers, Kate

Well done Kate! That is a great result. I’m into my third week now, and like you, I am discovering that I don’t need to eat as often as I thought I should.

I’m actually looking forward to tomorrows fast!

How is everyone else going? are you still around perhaps on other threads, or not posting?

Remember we are in this together and all the support we can get helps πŸ™‚

Thanks Foxycoxy.
    And yes I agree, support is a great help and also motivational to think you have to post your removed weight.

Hi Everyone, it is great to read all your stories. I started last week and will be doing my 4th fast day tomorrow. I haven’t weighed myself yet but hopefully I will see a good result when I do which is going to be on Friday. I seem to be so hungry on the non fast day and it’s hard to keep the calories to the TDEE amount. I have gone back to calorie counting again to help me out with this.

Nik39 – I am very interested to hear how you are doing, I am also vertically challenged at 4ft 11 and have a TDEE of 1370 and although I’m not a big eater I find that it all adds up quickly. I tend to be a grazer.

Just finished my fourth fast, I will weigh in next Monday morning to see how the week went. Last week I lost half a kilo and I am hopeful I will do at least that again. Apart from a cup of tea and a few glasses of water I was doing OK until around 2pm. I couldn’t keep going so had a mandarin and this seemed to pick me up until dinner time. I just had some grilled barramundi for dinner as I was so full I couldn’t eat my veges. I was wondering how much weight everyone has been gaining on the non-fast days. I am really happy with the whole concept and think I can make this a way of life.

Hi everyone. my name is Angela and i’m from London its my first day today. i’m still at a loss to what i have to eat or not eat. I’m starting my fast day today and haven’t eaten anything so far… baby potatoes, veg and cod is on the menu for lunch – How will i know how much calories i have consumed in my whole meal? is that enough to eat for a fast day for the whole day or is that too much?

hi ladies im wendy 41,i live perth,mandurah,iv been over weight pretty much all my life the lightest iv been is 85.i lost 12 kg from jan to april this yr then easter came and now iv put the 12 kg back on,its such a hard long journey,and I normally have to do a 1hr of exercise a day to lose weight,but lately I know im eating way to much,a lot is boredom and stress.now I feel like im stuff anything sweet in my mouth…I know what I should be eating,but I feel like iv lost total control….so Monday im going to start,so I would love support to get me back on track…feeling pretty low.i wish I could get that feeling back of tryin on my old jeans on and them being loose,now there back to the back of the wardrobe once again.i wanna feel alive with energy hehehe…so any tips what I should do to get started,im going to do Tuesday and Thursday as my fast day….hmmm that will be my biggest test…but im doin it…thank you

Hi shine and welcome:

Here are some tips that might help: http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

owah! that’s sound great.
    best of luck….i will join your journey…:)

Viewing 41 posts - 51 through 91 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply.