First Fast…Help!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Miss_j 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Hi guys,

Today is my first fast and I’ve hit the 1.30/2pm wall! I got really hungry so I ate a 10 calorie Jelly! I’m hoping that’s not going to mess up what I’ve managed so far?

Does anyone have any first week tips that will help me get into the swing of things?

🙂

There are different ways to do the fast. I have coffee with almond milk during the course of the day (45 calories total), along with copious amounts of water and herbal tea. This staves off the hunger for me.

I have most of the calories at the evening meal.

Hiya hollyburg90, take the first few fasts as ‘learning’ days and find what works for you for now. Try to stick as close as you can to your calorie allowance but remember that that is just an arbitrary figure really, so there’s no need to beat yourself up if you go over by a few calories on your first few goes.

Once you are comfortable with a pattern you will start getting control of your hunger better and will have further opportunities to ‘flex’ your pattern. Maybe in a few weeks you’ll go from eating twice on a fastday to eating just one 500 calorie meal later in the day but if that’s not comfortable for you right now don’t worry – it’s a process.

Best of luck 😉

Thanks TracyJ and Amy C. I managed to make it through the first day and ended up only eating 550 calories. Once I’d passed the 2pm wall I was ok and made sure I kept really hydrated. I had a 10 calorie jelly and a slice of watermelon to try and curb the hunger. It actually ended up being easier than I thought it was going to be.

I’m actually quite looking forward to Thursday my next fast day. 🙂

I am trying mine tomorrow….

Struggling through my first day. I have two portions of spicy mushroom soup to look forward to later (about 75 cals each) then something bigger for dinner.

Homemade..make sure you are drinking lots of water as well savour your food. Eat as slow as molasses. It really does help!

I don’t eat anything until noon then I have some soup and then nothing again until dinner when I have a huge salad with grilled chicken. Helps to spread the calories throughout the day.

Spread you calories to suit you and avoid eating with other people. Get out and about. Use diet drinks. I also got early nights on diet days. I was great waking up next morning knowing I could have a proper breakfast!

Today was my first fast also, and im starving, keep wandering in to the kitchen but managed to turn myself round each time!… must have had about 20ltrs of water today just making me even hungrier lol …. soooo cant wait until tomorrow x

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply.