Fell off The Wagon Last Thursday Need a Diet Buddy or three

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Welcome to The Fast Diet and Exercise forums
Fell off The Wagon Last Thursday Need a Diet Buddy or three

This topic contains 88 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Izzy2015 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 39 posts - 51 through 89 (of 89 total)

• Yeah well done rubyredster …. a loss is a loss however small. Omg – I am struggling slightly this afternoon. On my 3rd fast day this week. I usually only do 2 fast days… Only doing 3 to combat the Easter blip. Going back to 2 next week.

Trying to get excited about my chicken stir fry and think I will eat with kids rather than try and get through bed time without food.

Hey Everyone is doing great – its not easy is it? I am fasting today ( i ate mothing until 2pm when i had a minor blip which involved about 80 cals worth of choc orange – still to have tea #stayingstrong keep going everyone!

Help!!!! Weighed myself Friday morning and was down to 9stone 8 which was a 2 lb weight loss in a week. Well, weekend has been a disaster!!! Chinese Friday night; wine, cheese, crisps, chocolate….aahhh i bet when i weigh myself tomorrow i will be back where i started

Hi morning!

Thanks for your kind comments izzy and creeping dragon! But that little pound is sitting back on my hips!!

Hi nixie- I’m with you too- my weekend was a disaster too hence the weight gain! Just got to accept it and start again today! No point in getting upset as we know what we did and ate!
    Onwards and upwards or downwards on the scales! Good luck today on your fast day!

Hi everybody, just did my Monday weigh-in I’m 76.6 kgs which means a loss of 1 kg this week so I’m happy with that! Izzie your chicken recipe was so good that I ate it again on a non fast day!! Good luck everyone this week keep on keeping on !

A weekend of chocolate, pavlova and wine for me too!! Hey ho! I’ve got to try fasting today and tomorrow this week as at a conference Wednesday and I usually do exercise classes Thursday and Friday morning. They are quite high energy ones and not sure I’d last the day on a fast day. Anyone got any experience with this?
    Reckon I’m going to struggle with two fast days together – can’t usually manage one!
    Good weight loss Caryann

Hi sleepydoc!

I did two fasts back to back in my first week.
    I found the first day relatively easy but struggled with the second day. You’ll just need to plan your meals carefully! Drink loads of fluids hot or cold! I went to bed eRly the first night so that I wouldn’t be tempted to accidentally
    Wander into the kitchen! It’s hard but can be done! Oh and you’ll feel a wonderful sense of achievement at the end of it- give it a go! Good luck!

Hi Guys

Well done Carryann .. That’s a fab weight loss. Glad you like the chicken. I am doing it tonight too. I also did the fast day laksa on a non fast day as it is really too high for girls on a fast day at 400 cals per serving but it’s delicious.

I lost 0.4kg after my third fast day last week when I weighed in on Friday morning … Yippee feel properly back on track now, though it is much slower now than when I started the diet.

I often do two fast days back to back and I find it OK or I have one day between fast days. I do exercise on fast days sometimes as it is a distraction but not intensive stuff, usually just gentle yoga or a 30 min swim.

Total respect to anyone who can fast at weekends… I would never be able to do that … far too busy and sociable.. too many temptations. I am fasting today, not sure if I am doing my second day on Tuesday or Wednesday. Off to make another cup of tea 🙂 Good Luck this week everyone.

Hello Everyone! Great we are all here for each other on a Monday and I really mean that. Fab weight loss Carryann and Izzy! I am not stepping on scales today – am going to do a 1000 today / 500 tomorrow then one other 500 this week and see where I am after that! So glad people are helping each other on here – it’s better than being on your own isnt it?!

Catch up soon!

On my second fast day this week. Finding it harder today as doing them back to back this week as have meetings and other things on the rest of this week.

Off to yoga soon, hoping that will help. Trying to get excited about my dinner to avoid hunger issues and lots of water on hand … How is everyone else getting on?

Keep going! You can do it!
    I was so good all day yesterday, then went to my friends for dinner who usually cooks really healthy stuff only to find she had opted for burger and chips! Would have been rude not to eat it but I did decline on the wine front!
    Doing ok today, few grapes and plenty of tea and water. Planning soup for tea. Would be really proud of myself if I actually do it today – only manage 1/5 proper fast days so far

Hey Sleepydoc and Izzy well done both!! Keep going. Was meant to fast yesterday ( didnt) sovdetermined today!! Keep it up everyone ot is working – even if slowly!

Hi Guys

Did a weigh in this morning, another small loss of 0.4kg so going in the right direction, even if it is slowly. How long has everyone been going? I started 18th January. Anyone been at this a while or are most of us newbies?

Just nervous now as not fasting again till next Monday and want to make sure I don’t ruin it all with a weekend blow out!

hi I am just new to this – so do I just randomly pick a day to start with fasting or do I have to do anything else?

Hi natsann and welcome:

Start any time you want. Here are some tips: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hello lovely people, I have been quiet this week after my usual loosing 2 lbs then immediately gaining them again because I have NO willpower. I weighed myself yesterday and have lost 2 pounds in total since I started this so not massive but at least I haven’t gained! Will post weight again on Monday morning, no pressure for anyone else to do the same, I just find this helps me stay focused over the weekend(Well that’s the theory anyway!) Welcome to any more news on the page and keep going everyone it’s a long haul!

Hi everybody, I’m doing a Sunday weigh in this week as I will be away for a couple of days,so I’m 77.2 a loss of 400 gms I’m happy with that… I had to do a complete 16 hour fast for medical reasons this week so I only did one other day of 5:2 but the result is there….. I’m finding I’m less obsessed with my fast days and just get on and do them. This week will be my 4th week! I can’t explain how,but I feel much healthier.
    Good luck to everyone this week.

Hello!

Great weight loss Carryann – i am in need of some willpower. Weighed myself this an 9:8 lbs which means I havent lost anything this week at all:-( thinking I need something more focused – maybe three 500 days? He does suggest that might help?

Hi Nixie

Good luck with your three days… it did work for me even if it was only a .4kg drop. I did a fast day on Monday and my next one is tomorrow as today is my dad’s birthday. Hoping my Thursday will work as worried my mum may be a bad influence as she is meeting me for lunch/a mint tea!

first week – second fast day! loving it 🙂 got some great meals from M&S under 500 cals, looking forward to dinner tonite after nibbling on pineapple and green tea all day 🙂

Hello all……feeling fed up….I have had a bad week and haven’t managed to fast at all…no willpower:-( worst start the day ever as I weighed myself and an now a pound heavier than when I started 3 weeks ago:-( 🙁 I can believe how my mood fluctuates so much around food….I was so motivated and now feel rubbish….I know I just need to draw a line unser it and focus on today – but not finding it easy to stick to a plan!

hi nixie dont give up! today is a new day! you can totally do it. is today one of your fast days? i just started this week and fasted monday and am doing today, i got up and ate some grapes which was a mistake lol but way better than the chocolate biscuits i would normally do! i have my meals planned out for today and use my fitness pal to check calories.
    I work from home mostly and struggle not to eat during the day so i am having 3 meals and 2 snacks (one of which was the grapes) im having some muesli and strawberries around 11 then an egg white omelette for lunch and a king prawn stirfry for dinner with some celery to get me through my bar shift tonight (i think i will struggle as i wont get to bed till about 1am)
    the good thing about this one is its not really a plan try and figure out some really yummy low cal food im enjoying the challenge of seeing how much i can eat for 500 cals lol
    keep your chin up you can do it

@ nixie: don’t beat yourself up about it. I’ve only stuck with it for two and a half months because I find it easy. I’ll be honest, I never thought it would be, but on Mon / Thurs I just start the day with a cup of tea then nothing to eat till 18:30 when I can have something filling / normal like 2 poached eggs or beans on toast. Really thought I’d be hungry but it doesn’t seem to happen. In fact I tend to get hungrier on the days when I’m eating.

Some weeks my weight’s gone up but overall I’m losing 1-2 pounds a week

I’m struggling too. Not managed any fast days this week and a weekend of excess ahead this bank holiday staying with friends who love to eat and drink! Haven’t lost any weight abc seem to eat so much on non fast days! Shall we just start again next week?! I definitely find it easier to eat nothing until tea time. I’m going to try Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Shall we do it together nixie?

Thank you for all be positive remarks it really helps! Sleepydoc definitely not the best time to start over the bank holiday weekend I’m with you! Okay Tuesday morning the work starts and we’ll really try hard! Keef66 thanks for cheating your tips, I seem to be okay to during the day but find I am dreadful in the evenings. The snacking starts when I am preparing tea for everyone else which I can’t avoid and by 9 o’clock I have given up. Sowhen I start again next week I am going to try your tip eating nothing until about 6:30 7 o’clock at night and see if that works. Have a great bank holiday everyone! Nixie

That should say *sharing* not cheating!!

Hi, Nixie I’m like you I’m ok in the daytime but evenings get me…… So I now resort to diet coke, I find it relieves my sweet cravings and satisfies ‘the munchie’ moments….. It works for me !!!! Enjoy the Bank Holiday everyone!

Hi everyone,

I haven’t posted on here since the middle of April but have been reading everyone’s posts which have helped keep me motivated. I have lost 2lbs in the last 3 weeks (4.5 in total now) Not a huge weight loss but at least I am now going back in the right direction. I have just read the fast beach diet book which has helped with some new ideas, so for the next 6 weeks I am going to try and stick to that. I will fast 2 days a week and then on non-fast days stick to between 1250 and 1500 calories. I go on holiday in 12 weeks and am wanting to lose 21 lbs before I go. Will try and log on more often and return some of the support I have had from you all over the last few weeks. Good luck everyone this week.

Hi Everyone

Well done Sal … keep up the good work. Nixie … I feel your pain.. sorry for my radio silenceI was sulking as had a gain last week too! Despite two decent fast days I actually gained .3kg :-(… Too much fun on my non fast days I guess…. I decided to not worry about it and enjoy the weekend. Fasting again today and will probably do tomorrow or Thursday. If I get no loss I might try 3 fast days again next week. Good news is I met a friend who has also been doing this since January and he said he stopped loosing weight for about 6 weeks despite fasting but he is loosing again now. So I guess it’s just my body adapting. On the plus side I have dropped a clothes size and I am enjoying re-discovering my old wardrobe in the warmer weather. Good luck if you are fasting today, yoga later, that should help.

Hi all, do you have a problem with me joining this group?

My welcome thread is here: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/newbie-looking-for-inspiration/

I’m looking for others to discuss the ups and downs with this diet 🙂

I’m usually going to fast Monday and Wednesday as it fits in my with my family and allows me to have teas with my kids etc.

Hi Andy, you are welcome to join us. Monday and Wednesday are usually my fast days too, so nice to have a fast day buddy. I have been trying to weigh in once a week on the morning after my 2nd fast day, no need to declare your weight though, feel free to share as much or as little as you like.

Thanks Izzy, I’m down 5lb in the past 3 weeks just from eating healthy during the week, the weekends are a bit of a nightmare usually, live for the weekend an all that! I have A holiday abroad in October so losing as much weight for that is the goal, however I want it to continue after that and just resorting to yo-yo dieting!

I can usually get by without breakfast so I am going to start the fast like that.

Lunch I am going to have a small can of tuna (60g) with a satsuma and black coffee.

I haven’t decided on tea of yet but it leaves me a fair few calories to play with after lunch.

Good luck Andy

I had a boiled egg and a slice of ham for breakfast drinking mint and normal tea all day and then think I am having prawns with some feta and french beans for tea! Not sure if I am fasting again tomorrow or waiting for Thursday. I might start tomorrow as if it’s a fast day and see if I manage it.

Good luck

Hi Everyone

Sorry to dissapear, I have been busy with childrens birthdays and work and life in general last week. Not a bad week for me last week. Did a weigh in on Friday and had a small loss of 0.8kg / 1.8lb so not bad. Fasting again today and tomorrow, this week, struggling a little bit now but off to enjoy a cup of tea in my sunny garden and make sure I have stuff for tortila pizza later.

Hope everyones week is going well too.

Hi everyone. This is my first week on the diet and i have completed one fast day so far. Have been looking up recipes for fast days as i am such a foodie this is torture!! Might try to do a day of liquid only and save the 500 cals for one evening meal. Hoping for success anyway. Any tips on speeding up weightloss? Inspiration stories?! Xx

Hi Everyone

I have been on holiday so I took a week off. Back to normal now though and on my second fast day this week. Feels good to be back. Hope evryone is getting on well. I had a week of staying static and I will be happy with static or a small gain this week as I took a week off. Weighing in tomorrow morning…

Small loss on Friday so all good.. fasting again today. Just sticking to drinks of tea. Have mads a curry from chicken and jar says it’s only 95 cals per 100g so sharing that with my husband tonight and will eat with broccoli instead of rice. Funny thing about fasting days is how much colder you get! Where has everybody gone do we need to restart this.

Second fast day today – just found this, going to do it for my dinner with low cal noodels and some broccoli.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2283414

Hope everyone is well

Viewing 39 posts - 51 through 89 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply.