Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,904 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 23 hours, 31 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 35,390 total)

• Hi All

Look at these shocking images of a brain responding to sugar. Remember that if you don’t burn the carbs that you eat they too turn to sugar. Enough to make you think!

http://mic.com/articles/88015/what-happens-to-your-brain-on-sugar-explained-by-science

Ginette

Hi JayeGirl just read your recent post and am impressed with your positive attitude you and ginnette are inspirational! May I ask what a my fitness pal is? Sounds like a useful tool? Am interested in finding anything that may help.

Thanks Fizzy

My fitness Pal is an app for iPhone/iPad. I think you can use just as website too.

I LOVE it! Couldn’t live without it. Great source of information when it comes to calories and nutritional information. You can log everything you eat and drink and find the cals for them. You can even find restaurant food. If you do use it ignore the TDEE it creates for you and use the one here. It also has a bar code scanner at the bottom of the screen in ‘add foods’. Well worth using.

️JOIN us on our facebook page Fizzy, it’s private/secret. Add me, JAYE BLOGS. πŸ™‚

Hi there

Thanks for all the support πŸ™‚ you FBD ladies are a true inspiration, would like to support you as have knocked wine on the head anyway, but have some quite busy weeks coming up at work, so not sure if optimum time, but will try 4:3 this week, on days when not at work, and give it a go!!

Fasting Mon/Wed and possibly Fri, want to get a grip on the headaches this week, and avoid the treats, here’s to happy fasting to everyone!…

xxx

Hello again JayeGirl thank you for the info on my fitness gizmo – sadly I do not have an iPhone so will have to continue working calories out in my head! (not hugely accurate I know) Thank you for the Facebook thingy – I may even venture into Facebook territory but it is something that I have remained resistant to so far…best wishes to all of you fasters this week. Fizzy

hi Fizzy as I said you can use the website if no iphone. http://www.myfitnespla.com there are also lots of other free calorie apps for any smartphone or ipad, tablet etc.

As for Facebook, you don’t ave to use it for anything other than the secret fast page. Just use a pretend nsme as I did with mine so your friends don’t find you lol.

I think someone sent a request from here, facebook crashed as I accepted it. ️️Request no longer there and no new friend in my list. Please send again if you are reading this.

Ginette the skinny fries are pretty much french fries, a small portion. They do chunky fries and they do fries eith a coating on them too. Sadly they don’t do sweet potatoe fries at Beefeater. I’ll post a foodie pic later.

Jaye πŸ™‚

hi Fizxtlizzy do you have an android? You can get tbe app on that too.

Hi Fizzy

Yes you can get it for iPhone/iPad or android.

You can count calories, add exercise, keep track of weight and see how much you have lost. Keep track of recipes and calories in them if you use them often. You can also set goals. Mine is a pound a week. I think I have only not achieved this 3 times. You can also set long term goals. It will tell you a daily amount of calories then mine for the first long term goal are 1,580 a day. That goal is now is just under 6 stone away. That will put me in the overweight category at maybe a size 14/16.

I may then decide to lose another stone. I shall wait and see.

I also use an app called my weight diary. I like this as it shows trends in wait loss and also my goal is instantly visible as is a slider with my BMI. I haven’t found BMI in my fitness pal and like to know it.

My fitness pal updates between tablet and phone which is really helpful. My weight diary I have to do it separately.

I am a real gadget person. I nearly bought a mechanical device for peeling and coring an apple. I have a lack of space so didn’t buy it. I am tempted to buy a mandolin but maybe I just need to go to a car boot sale. They are a bit too tempting for me though. I like the spiralisers as well. Too expensive!

Both of the apps above are free and don’t bombard you with adds.

Many thanks Fizzy and Beldyboop we are also inspired by similar stories. I find it easy now and I hope others will. Does me a power of good though to be thought an inspiration. I am just trying to help others on the way to their goal. I just wish I had realised that it would be so easy 20 years ago. I am so interested in nutrition now that I want to take a course maybe with a view to having a career change when I can get back to work. I have always liked helping others.

My roles have always been this one way and another. My last job was getting really stressful with things getting harder and harder. I really miss my old job, but not the paperwork and certainly not the new managers. My old manager was fantastic a real people person.

Sorry didn’t mean to get onto life history here……I’m nothing if not a good talker, I hope I’m also a good listener as this is often a forgotten skill.

Ginette

Hi there!

Hope everyone has had a nice BH. Yesterday watched the Michael Mosley Horizon prog. I hadn’t seen that one before, so it was pretty amazing stuff, and am quite motivated again.

Not sure if this link will work, ;-0 but found this Lentil stew recipe, for NFD’s (or I suppose it could be FD’s) I’m mad about lentils, but was getting bored with the same old recipe, this is great and a nice calorie count at the end for adding extra food items to make a meal. Also the answer is yes, I did put the wine in, cos I wanted to give it a bit of oomph! haha. I didn’t add the butternut squash, or soya (not allowed soya)

http://www.tinnedtomatoes.com/2012/09/5.2DietVegetableandLentilStew.html

there are other recipes here, but am sure many of you already have tried and tested menus…

Was marking all day today as well, reasonably good TDEE, and distracted myself from temptations, hoovered, did yoga, went for a run etc, not looking forward to work tomorrow, needless to say, busy week ahead.
    Ginette yeh some managers are hard to have as managers..

Good luck with FD’s you all πŸ™‚

Hello ladies,

Hope you have all had a lovely bank holiday.

Mine has been nice but pretty low key. Had a nice shopping trip to Liverpool 1 and already boasted somewhere that I’ve gone from a size 28 to a 24. Also bought a lovely swimsuit, well swim dress lol. Has a skirt so looks like you are just wearing a short dress. Had a couple of lovely meals out, delicious food even though all healthy. Had a couple of nice sauces but small amounts. 1.5 tbsp of satay sauce. 2tbsp of Tarragon Bearnaise sauce with my steak. and a lunch with the odd coffee here and there. No treats, no sugar, no alcohol, no going over TDEE, still weighed the same this morning as I did Saturday and I’m fasting today. Did my 30 mins of exercising (muscle strengthening). I did have some skinny chips last night with my fillet steak but they were just 290 cals and I was within my TDEE.

For everyone like me that says they would rather eat their own arm than brown rice lol then please check out Tilda Package Rice, Wholegrain Pilau (Microwave Pouch) Asda and Lidl sell them. I use their regular Pilau rice. I like the convienece of them, I don’t eat it that often, I weigh out half a bag and freeze the other half. Anyway, they had the brown rice on sale for something like 50p so I bought 2 bags just to keep in cupboard. I’ve been putting off trying it to be honest but decided to try it tonight for my FD evening meal. Another ‘knock up’ meal lol. I cooked up 3 chestnut mushrooms, tbsp red onion and then the chicken in my wok. I also decided to try the Sharwood’s Chow Mein Melts I picked up on sale too. 1/2 pot (= 1 serving 65 cals). Threw this in when it was all cooked and off the heat, then decided to throw the rice in too! Stirred it all up, topped with my green beans…. It was LOVELY! Lol. That brown rice is delicious. I know it has less goodness than if I was cooking it from scratch but it’s still low GI. Anyhow I advocate the rice and the melts! Very small amount, 1 tbsp of sauce basically but it covers a small meal.

Hope anyone that was having any treats this weekend thouroughly enjoyed them. And those who fasted with me I hope your day went as well as mine.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi Beldyboop

Thanks for the recipe.

Hi Jaye

I haven’t had price since 5:2. I used to have brown though and the whole packet. I used to have it with a little Parmesan. Delicious.

Ginette

Hi,
    Just read all your post glad you got a swim dress Jaye hope everyone had a lovely long weekend most of mine was spent gardening but it’s great exercise ! Managed to keep meals under control but the wine was a little out of hand but not to bad as have weighed today and a pound down which is great as I’m off work for the rest of the week , my first week off this year and since starting 5.2 .hoping the fridge won’t be calling me all week

I love brown rice lovely nutty flavour I usually cook mine in the microwave and you don’t need much very filling but does take twice as long to cook.

Have a great day

Hello ladies. Sorry ive disappeared last few days vice been busy trying to do jobs around the house and garden. Still got to try and decorate the dining room this week in the evenings

Well done Jaye on going down a size-must be a real confidence booster!

I keep meaning to try brown rice. I love nutty flavours so sounds yummy.

I’m quite pleased that after a bit of a wobble at the start of last week and a long weekend I’ve still managed to lose a pound. I actually managed to not put a single oz on over the weekend despite entertaining friends and the start of my monthly. Back on a fast day today. Got lots to keep me busy and decorating all evening so nice n busy day. I really want to lose a pound this week so that I’ve then lost 1/2stone. If I lose two pounds I’ll be into the next stone down. Will be nice to start my weight with a 13 instead of a 14! Got a nice tomatoey beef stew thing to cook today so need to go and work out the calories for that. Might leave the meat for the bf and steal most of the veg for me (my fav but anyway!)

Hope you all have a fabulous week and lose lots of lbs! I wonder how many pounds we can lose as a group this week?

Welshy xXx

I’ve just grabbed 5mins to plan my week and the way my calendar works this week I am considering doing back to back fasts (today and tomorrow). I’ve not done this before so don’t know if it would work but what are your thoughts/experiences of it. Is it easy/hard? Are you really really exhausted? That’s the bit I struggle with-not the hunger but the energy dip in the afternoon. Any help much appreciated

Welshy xxx

Morning everyone!

Weighed in on Friday and my weight was the same πŸ™ kinda gutted after a really good week! Then I ate so much over the weekend for dads birthday and now im up 4lbs!! Common sense tells me I know its not fat, its most likely water but its so frustrating to see! I also ‘kind of’ started my period yesterday so that probably doesnt help either!
    Just hoping for a better week.

Hope everyone had a lovely bank holiday x

Hi Twigglet

Well done on your pound. A good loss and you had some wine as well. Sounds good!!

Welshy

Well done to you as well. At least you are catching up in things that need doing. I haven’t found the enthusiasm for this now. I hope it comes.

Welsy

Well done on your 1lb loss. Back to back fasts are fine. I did one last week. I do have an evening meal though. Yesterday I had an evening meal and an orange. Really nice for a fast day. I don’t have any energy dip. Just keep drinking. It is really nice dropping into the next stone. That will really cheer you.

Hi Priyac

Wait until this Friday to see the true picture. Remember food in transit. Also there may be a water gain. Hopefully Friday will see different results. I never weigh myself after a day out. Also pre period we tend to hold onto water. I hope you have a nice surprise next time on the scales.

Good luck for your fasts this week. I have another tomorrow. I have just updated my weight in the tracker but I am waiting for waist measurement until the end of FBD. I hope to get a surprise.

Ginette

Hi everyone – After grazing at a table of party food yesterday (must admit not particularly enjoying much of the food but guess old habits die hard!) I too am going for the back to back fasting days – am definitely not stepping on those scales till at least Friday in the hope that they will not have gone up – have moved into 14 stone bracket (by just 3lbs) and determined not to go back into 15 stone if I can help it. Hope everyone has a successful week

Morning Ladies

First I’m going to start off with a couple of goals I’m just days away from reaching.
    I lost 4.5lbs last week doing FBD and abstaining from alcohol anf fasting 3 days.
    Today I have lost another 1.5lbs, I fasted yesterday.

I’ve lost inches too. Sadly I only started this late March so who know what I was when I started at a size 28.
    Hips 49-47. Waist 53-51. Bust 53-49 typical lol big drop in bust/back. Dresses are gapping on the top now.

I haven’t introduced HIT, as many of you know my knee is pretty terrible. But I have added muscle resistance training which I have to say I love. I already feel a bit more mobile through my hips and back. I’m sending for an Exercise ball to go with my resistance training pack. I’m doing these Mon/Wed/Fri on my fast days.

My Goals:
    I’m 1.5lbs off losing 40lbs! A number I really like the sound of lol.
    I’m 3.5lbs off reaching an even better one… 3stone (42lbs)
    This is 1/3 of my whole goal of 9 stones. Now If I lose that and I don’t look like a bag of old wrinkly skin lol I will push on to get down to about 9 stone. Depending how I look. I would rather be youthful looking and a bit round than completely skinny and look haggard. Just my personal preference. I’ve seen it on friends and thought they looked ill. Not a good a look. My Mum always said ‘you have to choose between your bum and your face once you hit your 40’s’. We share the same body type, the dreaded Apple and I agree with her. My face is already looking quite a lot smaller. I’ve had a good look at myself the last couple of days. I noticed my already slim arms are noticeably smaller when I was driving, and actually my skin looked wrinkly! I figured out I just need to scrub more and use my coconut oil more regularly. It looks fine today after a bit of pampering. So there is a tip… Scrub and moisturise more as you lose weight. I noticed in my neck too. Something I’ve been dreading but looks fine now. This weight loss thing, you often don’t notice as it comes off, but if you take the time to stand in front of the mirror naked (I heard that collective gasp) lol. I know we don’t like what we see most of the time but let’s look and be thankful for our wonderful bodies that have actually in spite of our abuse continued to look after us and let us live the great lives we lead. So let’s love our bodies from the outside in. No matter what our size. But more still, look how your hips are changing, your tummy shrinking. Turn to the side, look how your back is smaller, those love handles sticking out less. The shape in your thighs and calves returning. Even your ankles and feet… Everything is changing for the better for us. I was shocked looking at myself. My very large hips ‘were’ really MASSIVE! As was my tummy. The big lumps on my hips are gone, they would actually stick out in clothes. Now for all I am still fat, I am more streamline and see a huge change in my tummy and hips. I can see my feet too lol and my bust comes out further than my midriff. Although that little gem happened after the first 14lbs loss.

I want you to remember ALL the positive changes you have made inside your body that is making you look more beautiful every day on the outside. How our skin is glowing, hair shiner, eyes brighter. Remember it when you reach for the sugary food you know you don’t really care about because it no longer holds you hostage, the extra glass of wine which will inhibit your weight loss, popping that food into your mouth while cooking or making lunch for the kids so gobbling up a couple of hundred unaccounted for calories. The ‘I don’t know why I haven’t lost’ becomes all too clear if you are honest with yourself. And the lbs drop once you smile at the knowledge that you have control over these things and your weight loss.

Celebrate your losses and health gains by making a little more effort into moving ever closer to that goal and further away from being overweight, unhealthy and let’s face it, unhappy.

Congratulations on all the weight loss over a long weekend. Well done for sticking to your plan.

For those of you that gained, this is life, there are always occasions we will overindulge, so what, you gained a few lbs. You also learned how you can curb yourself a bit more next bank holiday and you will drop those lbs quickly with your pledge to continue on with your good work and get right back on track today. So don’t regret it, I hope you enjoyed it and look forward to hearing when you have lost thise lbs.

Nice to see you back Welshy, hope the decorating goes well. I haven’t done back to back and I don’t work or have kids so I’m little help on this. I would say on your second day plan for a couple of small meals. Maybe add some cous cous 1/4 package to mid afternoon meal? The low GI carbs will help you through to dinner. And get 2 early nights if you can. And drink WAY more than you normally would even for a fast day. I think two back to back would be beneficial for riding the body of toxins and sugars and would be a great boost for cutting cravings out pretty quickly. If you do two, let me us know how you feel the day after.

Twigglet keep busy, even if it is just reading! You have this all down pat. Don’t worry, tell yourself you can do it, you don’t even need to think about it. It’s become second nature to eat smaller amounts, 2 meals a day, no snacking. Put some post it notes on the fridge and the bread bin telling yourself to have a drink instead of eating. Hide the naughty things in the back of the cupboard. If it’s a specific cupboard then tie it with string! So you have to fight with it to get it off. This will if nothing else humiliate you into stopping (wink) lol.

Ginette, hope your fasting went well yesterday. I read the link, interesting. I’m not a fan of juicing but I do love olives and I eat kale and onions regularly.

Beldy, that recipe looks lovely and I have saved that link.

Hope everyone is well and had a great weekend.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Oh I made a mistake!!!

I am only 1/2lb off losing 40lbs, I have lost 39.5lbs.

Jaye

Hi Fizzy

I don’t blame you. Let’s hope they are kind.

Hi Jaye

No I’m not a fan of juicing either, but foods were interesting.

Well done at being so close to 40lbs. I really wouldn’t look at myself in the mirror. I haven’t for years even with clothes on. I haven’t a full length mirror in the house.

This is some good news to all of us who like a nice treat occasionally.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3067396/Could-scoffing-chocolates-wine-carbs-secret-LOSING-weight-Experts-reveal-86-successful-dieters-eat-treats-pounds-off.html

Ginette

I should have said…..but be careful not to go overboard.

Ginette

Hi all!

Jayegirl, you must must really pleased! that’s a great loss! bet you feel happy!

Priyac, I try not to weigh myself too much, generally at the weekend after the FD’s and exercise have settled, usually break my own rules if has to be said. Weirdly although I’ve lost 7 Ibs, and my clothes are loser, I’ve only lost about an inch off bust/back. Saw best to take measurements every month.

Welshy, the back to back seems like a good idea for motivation I’m doing 4:3 this week, but can’t do it back to back, good luck! tell us how it went. Agreed that drinking a ton of water is the key, I drank enough to sink a ship yesterday, and have no headache this week! hooray!

Fizzy have you watched the Horizon progs? very motivating stuff when you need inspiration.

Ginette thanks for the link, will not go overboard, πŸ˜‰

Here’s another link, about avocado, has to be my absolute favourite, and my FD friend, but only 1/2 as packs about 140 cals.

http://undergroundhealthreporter.com/amazing-avocado-health-benefits/#axzz3ZKpb0qQL

Stay strong people!

Good morning all,
    well I am back from my travels with great news, I have now lost 20 lbs and am under 11 stone for the first time in ages!
    I have also reached 50% of my target so half way there for me!

jaye fantastic weight loss you must be feeling great too.
    ginnette it’s good to see you are still here, how are you doing with the wii? I am back boxing again today.

I am very happy with my loss as I have been disconnected from the Internet for 4 weeks almost all the time, apart from when I went shopping, and as most of you are aware I like to log everything and write it all down so it has been very difficult for me to lose weight “freestyle “.

It’s great to be home and nice to catch up hello to all of you I have still to meet.

Audrey

Ginette: the article about having treats doesn’t surprise me. We all know that it’s everything in moderation and treats/sugar make us happy. If you have it as a reward/special occasion it does feel special. My problem was that I made everyday special!!!

Jaye: wow, well done on losing so much. Knowing you’ve done that does make me feel like it’s do-able. How long has it taken you to do that?

I’ve decided not to do back-to-back fasts. As I mentioned before I’ve had a very active, busy weekend of gardening/building/walking and then I was painting the dining room till 10pm last night and quite frankly I’m not sure ive got the energy for it (and still need to do second coat tonight). I had a FD yesterday and I’ve lost the pound that gets rid of my first 1/2 stone! YEY! (I weigh after a fast day as I’m too excited to wait to find out, plus knowing it works gives me motivation to do it again). I did find yesterday tough though as I was tired. I can still do a FD Thursday but just a bit more awkward but I’d rather a slightly awkward day than being over tired and caving for sugar. Going to try and rest a bit today and get some energy for tonight and tomorrow (busy day again!)

Welshy xXx

Well done on all the losses this week! You guys are really inspirational!

I had a very successful fast day yday.. mainly because my period is giving me a hell of a lot of pain and I just dont feel like eating!

Anywho’s this morning im down to 144lbs, which is 2.5lbs down from yesterday. Ginette you were right. I do have a tendancy to over analyse things sometimes, and since starting my weight loss journey over a year a go, I just cannot help but to weigh myself daily! Its a bad habit!

Decided to give the workouts a pass this week as my knee and belly is giving me a lot of pain! πŸ™

Hope everyones week is going well!

Hi Guys,

I’ve done it! Had a 900 cal day yesterday purely because I went out for lunch and had a low cal meal. 1 sausage, 1 slice of bacon, fat removed and both grilled, 50g tomatoes, poached egg and a small skinny cap boosted it to 468 cals. Got home about 7pm after stopping for another cappuccino and then was busy on my phone and before I knew it, looked at the clock and it was 8.30. Had 2 light baby bels and oeanut butter on toast. 909 cals.

So today I am down 1lb from yesterday and have crashed through the 40lbs and hope to be at a 3 stone loss or just over by Saturday. I may do back to back FDS today and tomorrow. I was going to fast friday but now have plans to go for coffee in the day and out for dinner. I could do Saturday if I get up tomorrow feeling blah. I went to bed at 10.30. Didn’t sleep till gone 12, woke at 5 am. I feel nearly dead lol, I so need 7 hrs sleep. I’m thinking it’s through having just 1400 cals in two days that has kept me from sleep.

@audrey, so lovely to see you finslly back, you have been missed! Welcome back and congratulations on losing so much without all the apps and aids, what a star!

@Beldy, I’m as happy as a pig in mud! Lol.

@welshy I started on 16 Feb so 11 weeks and 2 days. Honestly if I can give up EVERYTHING most of the time you can give up lots of things for several days at a time. Believe you can do it. I believe I am going from 19 stone 2lbs to 9 stone!

@Pryac well done, you are doing brilliantly. I also have a bad knee. I have found some great sitting exercises on YouTube. Muscle resistance training for beginners. 30 mins 3 times a week.

Have a great day all. Hope zi get through this fast being up so early.

Jaye πŸ™‚

That sounds delicious Jaye! I dont remember the last time I had a cooked breakfast style meal like that! Might have to consider it this weekend!

I will have to have a look on youtube for some workouts.. i hate not doing anything, but everything i seem to do tweeks my knee a little!

5 hours sleep?? no wonder you feel dead!!

These pains are making me want to cry! Anyone know of anyways to reduce period pain?! πŸ™ hotwater bottle done nurofen done.. dunno what else i can do whilst at work!

Priyac you can take paracetamol with neurofen. And exercise is good for period pains.

Here is the link for the first one. I’m just about to do it now.

http://youtu.be/vPJKAG0mknI

There are a full range of videos moving on from this one. Check it out, you’ll just need some soup cans and a cushion and sit on a chair. I didn’t get any psin from the knee exercises but obviously skip them if you do.

Good luck.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Thank you! Thats really helpful.. will give it a go tonight!

Jaye: I think now that ive lost half a stone with relative ease, I am really starting to believe that one day I will be 10stone. That’s my long term goal but I’m aiming for 13 stone as my first big target and then I’ll treat myself to something (haven’t decided what yet, maybe some new clothes). That will be 1.5stone lost. So I’m a third of the way there! I look forward to the day I can tell others “if I can lose 4.5stone, you can too”.
    I’ve just worked out that you’re averaging about 3.5lbs a week-that’s amazing!! I can do 2lbs a week provided I don’t lose it on weekends so may take me a little longer. But I’m fine with that, just so long as it does actually go! I have just realised that this month I have a lot of social events including family visiting, long weekend away and a wedding so will definately have to work hard but already determined to lose my first stone.
    Glad I didn’t do fast day today as I just needed a bit of a relax and catch up on my energy. Have had a nice lazy home day with my little munchkin, eaten sensibly (cous cous salad and apple for lunch) and feeling much better for it. Roll on tomorrow’s FD!

xXx

Welshy, isn’t it lovely to know you can do this and watch the weight come off. And looking forward to fast days too! It’s crazy and amazing.

You did right not to do the two back to back. I think after my reduced sleep last night it’s unlikely I’ll do a back to back. Think I’ll just do Saturday.

I have a huge amount to lose, that’s why I decided to be quit strict and for me that worked, I was off carbs and sugar by the end of my first week. I still drank a bottle of Prosecco most weekend till I started the FBD with the girls. Now that’s out the window too! Lol. But honestly I don’t care, it will all still be there to enjoy in moderation when aI have shed half of myself. I never thought I could be slim before fasting, now I know I can be.

I’ve a lot coming up too, my Aunt is coming to visit for a month from Vancouver. It will be on me to keep her entertained a few afternoons a week. I’ve ladies night at the races on the 29th think I will share a bottle of champagne rather than have a full one or two lol. My holiday is June 11th, 10 nights half board and the food is fab there. Wedding on the 1st Aug, races again 9th and my Birthday on the 12th. Plus two nieces and two sisters birthdays, and my Dads lol. Talk about an assault course of goodies…. I will have to be very careful and be ok with gsining here and there

Keep up the great work Welshy and have a lovely day with your munchkin. Im off to meet a friend for a ‘water’ lol then a nsp this afternoon!

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi Welshy

Isn’t she a star????

I began at around your weight, 14st 5lb, 201 lbs, 91 kilos. No good slants on those figures. As of Sunday, 12st 3lb. 171lbs, 78 kilos.

It can be done, if I can do it, anyone can.

I too believe I will be ten stone. Actually I believe now it will just be a target to tick off – huge target mind! But now I’m on a journey to below nine, well Applepie will be needing the company on maintenance and she is still on her way down!!!

Lots of us on this journey now.

Ps never ever told anyone my weight til I reached this forum. Now I have OH reading my scales!!!

Hi all,
    I started this journey at 12st 6 lb, on January 1st this year. I am losing on average 1.5 lbs a week it is slow but doable and now I am half way to my target weight of 40 lbs loss.

Welshy, milena, jaye, ginette and Co I think if we all continue to support each other we can all get there in the end.

we all have commitments and functions to attend but as long as we try not to overdo things, and watch what we eat and drink this way of eating is doable. Or at least it is to me!

Congratulations to us all, may the weight loss continue.

Audrey

Thanks for the vote of confidence milena. I still have at least half a stone to go and it’s not coming off as easy as it was. One day we will be at maintenance. Wow, 30lbs you are a star too!

Lots of positive vibes on this thread,I like it!

I agree Milena!

I started off at just under 14 stone, and im in the 10 stone bracket now!! 2lbs away from being bang on 10stone so it definitely can be done! And this is coming from someone who has done every single diet under the sun!!!

I used to weigh more than my DAD.. so embarrassing.. now I weigh considerably less than him and I can also fit into his bell bottoms he wore when he pulled my mom! haha! πŸ™‚

Priyac,
    that is fantastic, I still weigh more than my hubby, but now only by 2.5 lbs rather than a stone n a bit!

You must be so chuffed to be almost there, well done to you, it’s people like yourself that keep me motivated, I too have tried and failed diets before.

Hi applepie I still loveyour name! glad you are still here Keep on going you are on the final straight!

Keep on posting people

Audrey

Audrey,good to see you back. Priyac,until I read your post,was having a good day – now I feel old, remember going to the ziggy stardust tour at the city hall in Newcastle, on trend as they say, yellow silk top, Bowie wore one on stage very similar, great kudos, folks around me were amazed – with green velvet bell bottoms!!!!

Think I pulled that night too!! Lol!

Now, I still weigh more than hubby, but only cos he is helping me with 5:2 and losing a few kilos, was 11 kilos less than me, now just the one!!! Hoping to overtake – undertake – him within the next couple of weeks, although he is doing low carbs (and cake), so I think he’s hoping to lose another two.

Well, Applepie, I do like the way you are going about things. Sounds a wonderful life. Shows that this really is a WOL and not a diet.

We talked seriously about moving to France, might still happen, would need to be sure of the postal service, Royal Mail is actually marvellous for us. But we send more than half our stuff abroad, so it might work out. Looks like England for a few years first though. Time will tell.

I wonder what we have lost collectively?

Well I am not sure I’ll make it to my usual 8pm meal on this fast day! Although not having hunger pangs zi do feel a bit lightheaded. I’m sure that’s s much to do with already bring up since 5am, not usually up till around 8.30/9 on fast days. If I need to eat I have Bare Naked Noodles and will have two meals rather than just one.

Other than meeting a friend I’ve just been for an ultrasound on my bladder/kidneys and drank 1.5L befire I arrived there, I was desoerate to go the loo (made worse by bumps in the road driving there lol) that I had to go the loo and then drink another litre. Uggg I feel like a sinking ship lol. It’s a good job I’m a professional water drinker thanks to my fasting. I drank 500 mls in just 3 goes and 2 mins! Anyway the other thing was THANK GOD I HAD LOST 3 stone…. Because I was mortified enough at having my leggings and knickers pulled down just below my gut at this size lol .

Have I mentioned I have had very little pain in my right knee? Between the exaggerated ‘heel toe motion’ and possibly the weight loss it’s been remarkable the last two days. I have been walking like I used to walk, which is fantastic. I’m still quite unbalanced lol. I always think I must look a bit drunk to other people lol. I used to be able to go for a day out without a scooter and minimal use of my stick. Just used to park close to places and use benches and coffee shops a lot lol. It was my left foot (dropped foot so no muscle padding in it) that used to stop me walking as it would feel like walking on concrete without shoes after a while. It feels so good, I really hope this will continue. You know my back stopped hurting just after I lost 2 stone. Would be fantastic if I could make short walks along the Prom in Tenerife and not have to use a scooter all the time. I’ve 5 more weeks to go so let’s see how much more I will lose. Talking off I’ve not been keeping a track of what I was when I started my pledge… Tut.

Everyone is just doing brilliantly, well done, keep it up!

I was more Bay City Rollers era, although a bit young for them I had 2 older sisters, I’m 48. When I was 4 I was in love with Glenn Campbell, was my Mums favourite. She let me carry the cover from his album around the house so I could kiss him lol. It was a big pic of his face. I still love Glenn, top of the list for all my road trips! Though my own personal music is RnB.

Happy Fasting.

Is there anyone wanting to join the (secret) Fasting Facebook page, if so add me. JAYE BLOGS. πŸ™‚

Thank you ladies, you’ve all done amazingly well so far. I will always weigh more than my partner, he’s a natural stick insect! Whereas I’m a curvy pear shape-I def have hips!

I’ve never actually done a diet before as I always thought I could just “be good” and lose it naturally. I was wrong. Many many failed attempts! My problem is patience, when I start being good I want to be thin within days lol stupid I know. At least with 5:2 I can see the evidence on the scales the next day.

It’s my partners 30th at the end of June and while I would like to lose another 14lbs by then, I think it’s a tad too ambitious. But I’ll definately lose it by my birthday at end of July though. FD tomorrow but can’t decide what to cook for my meal yet, decisions decisions…

And Jaye: I’ve been wondering what you’ve all lost collectively too. Maybe on December 31st we should see how much we’ve all lost over the year.
    I have had a look for you on Facebook Jaye but couldn’t find you. Is the group completely secret and won’t show on anyone’s newsfeed cos no one actually knows I’m doing this-not even my boyfriend!!

xXx

Welshy, the page is secret won’t show in your news feed. But as you add people ‘unfollow’ them so you don’t get anything on your time line from us from our timelines.
    JAYE BLOGS. I’m blonde with. Navy and cream top.

Welshy if you click my profile you will see my email address. Send me a quick email and I will add you as a friend and add you to the secret area.

Milena don’t even contemplate Spain, I have spent many an hour queuing in our post office just to post a letter to England. Very frustrating. Apart from that yes it is a wonderful life. We are very lucky.

Oh my. Where do I start. I had 38 emails from forum today. I have been busy sorting out, way overdue and unfortunately, everything looks worse than before I started. I don’t think I have say down for three hours. Now feeling really tired and have just had to have two cups of tea one after the other. I didn’t dare stop before. I still have to hoover and have dinner. I’m on about my fourth lot of washing. Doing all the winter clothes with a view to packing them away for a few months.

It won’t be tidy for a few days as I am sorting out everywhere.

I had a really bad night and about 4 nightmares in 5 hours. In one there was someone shooting at the car I was in with a machine gun, I was in the back footwell. Woke up heart pumping. I decided to get up then as I didn’t want to go back to sleep.

I got a bee in my bonnet about three hours later and decided to sort everything out!!! I can’t just do one room at a time…..no that would be too easy…. Ok so enough from me. I am fasting today and usually exercise but really don’t have energy for that!!

A big welcome back Audrey. I have read your posts on different threads. Most say you have lost 20lbs and I you have lost 2lbs. I imagine it is 20 as I have read this on a few posts. Well that is fantastic and a massive amount of weight. Just to have lost is brilliant.

I am pleased you can fit into your wedding outfit. What an achievement. If you lose too much before the wedding you might need to go and buy a smaller one. Imagine the irony in that. Hahaha

Hi Welshy

Yes I am pleased to see that even with treats I can lose. It was just a few too many treats and to be fair I still lost something. Now with no treats but it works out that I have one mealtime off a week I can lose so much weight. I mean 8lb in 2 weeks is ridiculous. I would like it to slow a bit. I have to mentally adjust as well. I am sure it will slow but 2lb a week would be great for me. I know that part of this is due to the amount I have to lose now to get to my first long term target – now just under six stone that will put me in the lower half of overweight. I am waiting to get into stage 2 obese. Now I am morbidly obese and will soon be in severely obese category…..may not sound much, but for me that will be a big achievement.

I am really looking forward to buy a raspberry magnum. This is Milena’s doing, we were chatting about it in the early hours of the morning. Oh what we get up to……

Priyac

I am so pleased for your loss. That’s a nice amount. The exercise can wait until you are ready. Listen to your body. Be patient and it will all fall into place. I weighed a lot of times every week, until FBD. Now I only weigh once a week. That’s good as I have a surprise. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Jaye

Yes I feel tired now as well, this won’t mean an early night though. I might get an hour in the chair after dinner. What a social life. It wears me out just thinking of it. I am meant to be resting and normally do most of the time.

I think the BP will come down soon and I have decided to have acupuncture next week to help the stress. I have had it before three or four years ago. It worked then, but that was for a physical problem. I can only try. It might reduce the nightmares as I am sure that too is related to stress.

I hope you are feeling better now.

Applepie

You must ignore the bitchy remarks as it is only jealousy. Feel sorry for her as she is obviously feeling bad about herself.

You are a better person than her and have much kinder words. Treat her to some of these. She will know she is not getting anywhere with you then. She might be looking for a reaction. Don’t give her one, that is really annoying……far more so than sharp words.

Milena

I loved Bowie, I can remember those times really well. I wasn’t lucky enough to see him though.

I am pleased hubby is keeping you company in losing weight. What a nice thing to do.

The postal service in France is good. At least I have always found it so. We have a small village post office and a main one in the nearest village the other way. We are in Brittany. About half an hour away from the ferry port and 45 mins from an airport. We are also in the middle of the country, but with the sea about half a mile down the road, long sandy beaches with only a few people even in summer.

Ok I think I have said hello to all. I shall go and check other threads now.

So nice to have you back Audrey. Your forum Family has been missing you…….

Ginette

Still thinking about Raspberry Magnums……

Hi Ginette, glad you are pleased about hubby keeping me company, but me, I think Im about to murder him. Never mind buying the Raspberry Magnums cos they are on special offer, as he doesnt see keeping them in the freezer for nearly 4 weeks as a problem. GRRRR

Gets worse, just two minutes ago

OH “Would you like half a teacake?”

ME “No, I’d LIKE a whole teacake!!!”

OH (obviously missing the sarcasm in my voice) “Isn’t that a bit greedy”

ME “We are doing low carbs this week!”

OH “Really? Well, do you still want a whole one or just the half then!”

And now I can smell ’em toasting!!!!

Anyone willing to be a character witness at my trial?

Lol lol lol …. Lol

Lord I am so tired I can hardly breathe lol. Well after getting up at 5…. There is just no need for that! I couldn’t get past 7.30 without eating my meal tonight. Which was DELICIOUS! But I’ve a very grumbly tummy now, although it was a bit earlier too. I had Bare Naked Noodles, only because I was very hungry and wanted volume. Maybe I’ve eaten to much. I have 150 cals left as dinner was only 350 but think I should avoid my usual fruit while my tummy is being so verbal!

Thanks for the laughs ladies.

Ginette I can see you in my mind sitting in the middle of the room almost hidden by piles of clothes lol.

Think I’ll be in bed by 9.30. I just hope I sleep tonight. Looking forward to the scales tomorrow and another step closer to crashing through 3 stone and soon into 15 stone instead of 16.

Night.

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi Beldyboop

Sorry I missed you before.

Well after that last post today I went back tidying again. So although not finished by any means, I feel as if I have achieved something. I thought about a nice soak in the bath, but decided I wouldn’t have the energy to get out again. So I’ve left it for tomorrow.

Yes Jaye, clothes everywhere. I have your had a proper sort out for years. So now when I am home is the best time. It was really tiring for doing not much strenuous activity. Another fast day over.

More to do tomorrow if I can find the energy.

You are in bed now Jaye and probably fast asleep. If lack of sleep and activity helps me sleep good.

If I go to bed too early I shall toss and turn.

Milena

I will be a witness. There is mean and there is really mean. I am glad you are plotting your revenge. You go and spend, I shall be interested to see how well you do as you seem to get bargains, if he complains you can just tell him to look on the bright side as hea got those magnums on special offer.

How is your cat. Peaceful I hope. I’m sometimes worried to ask, but I always think of her.

I’ll see you on the other thread.

Ginette

Hi Ginette, thanks for your support, but it gets even worse.

I’ve been planning my life post hubby – well one has to be pragmatic when one is considering how to commit murder – always promised son that if his dad and I divorced he would be two German Shepherds, well you have to keep the kids onside, and planning my trip to Boots armed with his credit cards, and this morning he watched me put on moisturiser, and asked me if I wanted to pop into Boots to treat myself!!!!!! Its not revenge if he buys the stuff for me, is it?

Just how am I supposed to claim justifiable homicide, or at the very least divorce him for cruelty when he is so nice???

Though still doesn’t make up for buying ice cream and teacakes that I can’t eat, though I suppose I should cancel the puppy order.

Milena, skip boots! Go to Selfridges or John Lewis and head for the chanel counter lol. That will burst his bubble.

Well for the first time today the scales didn’t move after a fast! I have to say zi still feel quite bloated from the 2.5L of water I consumed in breakneck speed yesterday! What a faff that was. Hoping it will show tomorrow. Still, can’t complain as I have lost quit a bit the last couple of weeks.

I’m swapping my fast days next week, going to a friends for dinner Monday so can’t fast. Lord knows how this will go down… It’s usually masses of food but she is a big girl herself and always on weight watchers so she will understand. My two sisters will be there too, they can share some of mine lol. Hope it’s something with potatoes and not pasta. Will have to say no thabks to dessert to stick with the Beach Ladies!

I’m out today, NFD and nothing too foody so should be fine.

Have a good day

Jaye πŸ™‚

Hi Jaye

Good idea but that would just encourage him. I wear Boucheron. Hard to get anywhere but Jenners, and No 5, got gallons of that. He loves going to make up shops in France, only guy I know who can say lipstick, mascara and have a conversation, all in French, ‘re make up.

Could do with some new Dior eyeshadow though!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 35,390 total)

You must be logged in to reply.