Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,828 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  hemmy 2 hours, 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,901 through 2,950 (of 35,313 total)

• Good evening friends.x

What an awful day weather wise it hasn’t stopped raining all day here.

It didn’t stop our lunch and shop in Stratford being nothing but enjoyable. We both had Chilli and wedges. Plus a massive hot chocolate brimming with whipped cream. Wonderful.

A good shop for Kristy with a wonderful Silky black evening jacket from Karen Millen … absolutely like new for £10.!!! will never date and oh so versatile. She has an awards event coming up so really thrilled and it was a size 12 which delighted her.
    I bought a little makeup bag . lolol lovely day though.

Hi Gine .. hope you had a nice day .. are you at Pams for lunch tomorrow. Xx

Hi Aud … I have no doubt you will be on track this week. Anyway … we are all here for the duration I thought. Lol Xx

Hi Milena . so glad you are ok. I am with you on James Martin is a bit of alright. Lol. Xx

Lyn … I cant see the photos. Are they here. Xx

CC I know years ago there was a recipe with coke that was used with ham. It supposed to have been really tender. People raved about it.

THEN… I have also seen pictures of how it cleans a loo. Lol What do you do. Lol. All so very conflicting these days.

One minute science says something kills you the next its beneficial. To be honest I just go with what I think. Hope you are both ok. Xx

Well guys another day and another dollar gone. Easter before we know where we are.

Anyone fancy setting an Easter challenge.

Sleep tight Lovelies .. don’t let the bed bugs bite. Xx

Morning ladies!
    Looks like we are in for more rain – and the gales will be down here in the south east this time.

But I must try to be positive
    have lost another 1 3/4 pounds this week, so am in ‘spitting distance’ of first goal, which I really hope I reach this week.
    This is now the end of my first month (4 weeks) and I have lost 9 pounds overall which I am very pleased about. Just hope I can keep going as I have a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go !!

Hope you are all having a good, or as good as possible, weekend.

love kt

KT

Well done 9 lbs in 4 weeks is fantastic. …CONGRATULATIONS…..

Audrey

morning KT

Your doing the right think by setting achievable goals for yourself the main thing is to keep at it chipping away at the weight you will soon notice the change in your clothes.
    Well done on what you have lost so far.
    Lynda x

KT..fantastic! !! Well done you! ! That is a great result..you must notice a difference from 4 weeks ago 🙂

That is a great boost for your confidence and the knowledge that what you are doing works. 5:2 is a really good lifestyle choice so stay with it and keep posting for support x

Rain hail wind and sun..it’s all going on here..and not in a good way 🙁

Dinner in the slow cooker..time for another coffee x

Hope everyone well x have a lovely Sunday ♡

Karen
    Xx

Hi Hemmy

Yes at Pam’s dinner is about 5 on a Sunday. Weather is ok here at the moment. I can’t quite think about an Easter challenge as Christmas still isn’t out of the way. I hope to lose it by Easter though 🙂 a great buy for Kirsty!!

Hi KT

Well done on your achievements. A good start to build on.

Hi Audrey

Are you on the treadmill everyday?

Hi Karen

I am lucky to have my Sunday dinner cooked for me. It has been this way for the last 38 years. No complaints here. I know I am very lucky. I did do it for three weeks when Pam had a cataract removed but she worried all the time that I had the timings all wrong. Of course it was all fine.

Hi Celtic

Yes definitely slimming world. I tried it once, it was quite nice, I used sugar free. I know that people use other diet drinks for sweet and sour as well. I am not sure what the orange would be used for, I don’t eat duck so not quite sure.

Slimming world have some nice recipes. They just need a calorie count as well.

Hi Milena

It seems that not having a gall bladder is causing you problems. I hope you find a way to overcome this.

Have a good Sunday all.

Ginette

thank you all for such lovely support

I think I am letting you all down
    as I have binged on biscuits and now – after a healthy dinner – I stuffed a dry, stale, out of date, sponge flan case down my throat
    I don’t even know why I do it – why it so often happens when I have been doing well
    I didn’t even want it or enjoy it – it was horrible

pathetic, truly pathetic

Oh KT

We have all been there and done that. … perhaps next time shout us before you binge then perhaps we can help you before you do it.

At the end of the day though the choice of eating or not eating is up to yourself. You have done so well…. Put the food down now, try to figure out what made you start, and remember tomorrow is another day…. hope I haven’t been to hard. …

Audrey

you haven’t been hard at all
    no one could be harder than I am inside my head

I don’t feel so good – mentally – and that is always a trigger
    but I badly want to keep on track
    I so desperately want to lose weight and I just hate hate hate being like this

KT

You have lost weight, 9lb in 4 weeks….. it’s a brilliant start, so concentrate on what you have achieved. You said earlier you wanted to reach your 1st target this week, you haven’t blown it yet, just had a setback, so tomorrow start again….. perhaps do an extra fast this week to compensate. ..

You can do this, believe me if I can do it YOU CAN TOO!

Audrey

KT

forget about today start afresh tomorrow your only human I’ve done this a few times and hate myself afterwards but give myself a good kick up the bum and that dose the trick.

Fast day for me tomorrow KT join me.

Lynda x

bless you Audrey
    thank you so very much for having such faith in me

I have a fridge full of GOOD foods, I will try and write a meal plan for the week so that I know ‘where I’m going’!!
    and hopefully, once this horrible wind dies down by Tuesday, and my foot is getting better, so I will be able to walk a bit more

KT

I don’t really know much about binge eating but there is a section on the forum about it, have you popped on there? Perhaps they can help you also. ? Just look under the active topics …

Lynda , I will join you and KT tomorrow as well… ☺☺☺

Audrey

KT, I hope you don’t mind me commenting but it sounds like you’re doing really well considering. I am pretty sure there are more people out there who’ve had moment like the one you’ve just had so you’re not alone. I know I certainly have (and probably always will). It’s what you do the rest of the time that counts. Can you counteract it by doing an extra fast day this week? Or cooking a really healthy meal when you have a moment? Do something positive when you feel you can and it’ll help your mood.
    Good luck with carrying on, we’re all in it together 🙂

Just cooked a stir fry with Quorn steak strips, onions, shallots, broccoli, red pepper, carrots, courgettes celery andtesco frozen pineapple chunks. Added a tiny amount of apple cider vinegar, good plosh of sherry vinegar, course ground mixed pepper corns. A tiny splish of tobasco . Once dished up added a small teaspoon of smooth salt free pure peanut butter. Very pleased very filling. Also had a smoothie of romaine lettuce, rocket brocolli, apple, satsuma,celery,tiny amount of red pepper, shallot, courgette, cuecumber, carrot, beetroot, walnut and pumpkin seeds, lemon juice, lime juice and cinnamon.
    A good FD

I hope every one is well.

KT, Have youread the overcoming series ? They do a good one called Overcoming binge eating. Very well worth reading.

I have the one ‘overcoming bulimia and binge eating’ – and also the one written by the man who actually developed the steps, Dr Christopher Fairburn.
    Currently following their scheme with mh team, hence recoding everything and trying to plan times when to eat.
    Have only had 3/4 ‘small’ binges in the last month, which is way way better than normal. However when it happens, it happens, and it is out of control, even if I can haul it back in a shorter time.

I shall keep trying, I have to.

Well done KT thats fantastic progress. Be pround of your self. If unlearning stuff was easy and doable over night we all would have done.

thank you xx

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.

Awful weather here … hasn’t stopped raining all through the night and still heavy.

I have the start of a cold so just going to take it easy today. Hopefully ward it off. So no fast for me today.

Well done KT on your loss this week. Wow 9lbs now that’s brilliant.
    Don’t get despondent along the way though … we all have dragons to slay. Working together we will get there. Xx

Hope everyone is doing ok… Have a lovely day whatever you are doing.

Brit lovelies In life many things don’t go according to plan. If you fall down .. get up If you stumble regain your balance … But … Never give up. Xx

Morning all

Fast day for me today, I am joining Lynda, anyone else doing one? KT are you joining us?

Hemmy hope you feel better soon, colds are awful 😵😝 get well soon

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Morning girls

Lost 1.2lb it’s coming off.
    Been on my walk 7,000 steps done…….walking towards the wind this morning a right workout.
    FD for me, just had my half honeydew melon left over veggies and gravy for dinner and yogurt and apple for tea and 2 biscuits for later that’s me done then.
    Have a good day those who are fasting.

Lynda x

hi there
    no Audrey, I cannot do fasts when I am at home all day, so I fast Tuesdays and Fridays, when I am out a lot of the time.

Lynda well done on your loss, you are a real inspiration to us all.

I have got a pea ham and vegetable soup out for my evening meal I am hoping to get through toll then on liquids.

I am trying to do separate fast days to see if it works better for me, I have also I creased my calories on my non fast days as I don’t think I was eating enough! Some days I was coming in on 800 to 960 kcals…. I am now going up to 1300….. fingers crossed it works. .. I have just got if the treadmill 5000 steps done halfway there…..

Good luck to all fast or non fast. . KT be good 9lb loss just remember that 4 bags of sugar. ….

Audrey

Hi KT

If it makes you feel any better. I too am guilty of this especially when I am stressed. This is the case at the moment. I do three fast days to counteract this although I have been on 5:2, 4:3 a long time now. It is only one day that you do it, try and be good the next one and if it is stress see what is causing it and if you can help that. Don’t feel too bad about it.

Remember you are amongst friends here.

Hi Lynda

Well done for your loss. I have just got some cantaloupe melon, my favourite they were on offer a £1 each at Asda. How brave are you going out in that horrible weather. I read in the paper that the dogs are getting bored with this weather, probably much shorter walks. It would be nice to have a week of mild, dry weather with a little sun wouldn’t it.

Hi Audrey

I am fasting today as usual. It is nice to have routine some days of the week. Soup today (2 lots as it is nice and filling) and egg in one slice of wholemeal tonight. This is my fast day meal now. It changes from time to time but I am happy with this.

Hi Hemmy

My was it raining last night, I could here it beating against the window in the early hours. I hope your cold doesn’t develop too much.

Rosalam

You comment away, sound advice as well. We all tend to comment here, as long as it is constructive and not critical that it what counts. We have have one or two over critical people on here in the past but they soon fall by the wayside. what you are saying are positive comments and meant to help. That is why we are all here, all friendly practical advice is welcome.

You are right KT is doing brilliantly and progress is the important thing.

Hi Celtic

Sounds nice, I have never had the quorn steak strips. I have the minced meat type and the chicken, I didn’t much like the chicken though.

How is Stu?

Have a good day all.

Ginette

Hi friends

Well the weather doesn’t improve here at all. Just been out for our walk .. didn’t get wet just very windy.

Well done Lyn .. 1.2lb brilliant news. You are one determined lady. So thrilled for you and well deserved. Xx

Actually funny enough not feeling too bad today. Had a sore throat yesterday and sneezing…so far to day no cough.

Just taking it easy though. Only had a slice of toast cup of soup and a small yogurt so not too bad. The non wine drinking is keeping my weight stable so a good day today … could see a loss tomoz. Will see how I feel later.

Good luck anyone on a FD today .. everyone else .. mindful as we go. Xx

Looks like the storm has gone over thank goodness. So very damp though.

Yay .. just weighed in and pleased to report a 1 lb loss.
    Due mainly I think to the no wine rule being used. Sweet tooth not so bad either again now. Must have been withdrawal.

Cold really coming out today .. so not wanting much to eat. Some good soup I think.

How is everyone doing…. Where is everyone since Xmas… It is a chilly grey time of the year … hard to get motivated.

The thing is though after this month …spring will be around the corner. Big coats off and all that.

A little effort slowly now.. will make that big difference to how we feel when that sunshine hits us.

Come on Brit lovelies … In Auds words Together we are stronger …

Most of the problems in life are because of two reasons. We act without thinking OR Keep thinking without acting. Xx

Morning all,

I have just put my meal in the slow cooker for tonight, chicken cooked in tomatoe with vegetables. I am having a day of the treadmill I think because my friend has just rang she is calling in this morning and I don’t want to be sweaty and hot when she calls. …

NO loss for me this week but my body is firming up so not really bothered.

Hemmy take care of yourself and get well soon…

Hope you are all safe after the wind and rain…. keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Hi Hemmy

Well done on your 1lb loss. Sorry you are still under the weather, the colds are around now as you are about the fourth person who has one. I hope you feel better soon. Soup sounds just the job!!

Goodness knows where everybody has disappeared!! It is like the Marie Celeste. I seem to have put on weight again, hopefully this will be short lived and it is only about a pound and a half. This isn’t going to be helped by a lunch out with a friend whose Dad is in hospital, she doesn’t get much chance to go out so we take it where we can.

I am only having a carvery so not too bad.

Hi Audrey

Well your body sounds as if it is responding to the treadmill well. That is good and remember muscle is heavier than fat.

Have a nice time with your friend.

Ginette

Hi ginette

Yes we do appear to be down on numbers, I suppose jean being on holiday isn’t helping….

I too appear to be holding on to my weight but it’s got to come off sooner or later hasn’t it…..

Enjoy your meal out I love a good carvery mainly because I love my meat, hehe…

Think we have got zoe coming next week with the boys Thomas and her partners son Reese so no doubt it will be a carvery for us then as it’s soo much easier than trying to feed 2 boys who I am never sure like which food….

I have been on the treadmill for 20 Mins so far today another 20 to do yet, I didn’t manage to do a fast day yesterday I was really hungry so I am turning today into one instead. ..

Have a great day

Your fast friend Audrey

ahhhhhhhhhhhh almost nearing the end of a fd
    it is so hard when my head slips back into its habitual depressive state
    all I want is sweet foods
    but so far today I have only had 2 mugs of hot sugar free lemon, and now a mug of ‘options’ hot choc mint which is only about 38cal

does anyone else find that the more ‘good’ days they have, the more incredibly fearful they become of blowing it all to bits

I am starting to get into the trap I always fall into of becoming scared to eat anything, and feeling like everything I do is wrong
    (I realise lots of that is to do with my mh)

anyway, taking the advice of you wise ladies, I have spent today telling myself ‘you can have biscuits tomorrow’ – over and over again!!

Hi Audrey

Toby Cavery have a 2 for £10 offer on at the moment. Let me know if you need it and I’ll sent it to you. This is until the 13th though, so maybe not in time.

Yes the weight will come off soon.

Hi KT

Yes well done for telling yourself you can eat tomorrow. I have Asdas green sound mix with a stock pot and a clove of garlic. I have a soup maker so it is really easy. I make it a smooth soup it is 75 calories for a bid bowl so I have two of these a day and then an egg with a slice of bread. I even can have a sugar free jelly with a couple of spoons of yoghurt as a topping or rhubarb stewed with stevia and a couple of spoons of youghurt.

Soup is filling and keeps you filling full longer. I also have a cup of tea straight after so I feel quite full on this.

It is a bit trial and error to start with, but you will fall into a pattern soon.

Ginette

Hi All

Just to let you know I’m still here, even though I haven’t posted for a while. Life has been rather manic, my own health issues have been playing up, had OH at the hospital the other day and it looks as though he needs to see a neurosurgeon again, and sons friend (son is his Carer) is in ICU after son found him collapsed last week! Scary times but Hey HO such is life.

Fasting has been very up and down, but last time I weighed in I’m down 10lbs since beg of January. Like others I occasionally go mad and binge eat,It sometimes feels as though I WANT myself to fail. Just have to tell myself that tomorrow is another day and take it from there.

I’m going to try and post on here every day, even if it’s just a few words, to try and keep myself motivated…. reading all your posts helps so much so thanks to all of you. x

Just lost a long post most annoying it happened last night too… so I didn’t bother to redo it. Never turned the page either.

Dry but chilly here … hopefully stays that way with a bit of sun thrown in.

Still really achy and stuffed up. So far just staying with the head and nose. Its when it goes chesty its the real problem. lol

Aud and Gine hope you both had lovely days yesterday with your friends. Xx

Have a good FD today G not sure whether it is for you Aud. Xx

Hi KT .. keep doing what you are doing it will just get better. Not sure if this will help but when I feel low depressed or overwhelmed .. I tell myself that all is going to be well that day … or week. A sort of feeling that you can afford to allow yourself to relax a bit and you are safe for that time. It seems to work. Have a good day KT…we are always here for you. Xx

Hi Coffee lovely to see you. Yes, a good idea to drop in each day when possible even just posting a few words I reckon is helpful for you and everyone else.

Nice to know we are not alone on this journey and all experiencing the joys and lows that life hands out. Too many lows together at times. Lol Still as they say “that’s the way the cookie crumbles. But sometimes it does seem everything comes at once.

10 lbs is a far old amount to have lost since Jan .. not an easy time of the year either.

Stay with us Coffee you are worth this journey .. we will help you along the way
    Xx

Have a good mindful day friends… I am just feeding this cold/flu with healthy stuff .. so hopefully a win win situ all round.

Anyone thinking of joining us Fat Busting Brits just pull up a chair and join in… you wont regret it. Promise. Xx

Brit lovelies… Its all very simple really. You don’t have to choose between being kind to yourself and others. Its all one and the same. Xx

Morning all

Have been on scales no loss this week…
    Am going to visit mum on Saturday so willnot be posting quite as often next week.

Nice to hear from you coffee, keep popping on its nice to do this together. ..

Hemmy KT and ginette hope you are all ok have a great day

Milena hope you are ok

Keep in touch all, together we are stronger

Audrey

Hi Hemmy

I have done that (lost posts) how annoying it is. Yes a nice time thank you. Sadly for me though the ice cream machine broke down and they do have lovely ice creams!!

I found it really cold yesterday, it must has been tge wind as like today the sun was shining but when I got to the restaurant my hands were freezing. Also coming home the same but it was 5 degrees. It was that bad I turned on tge tap indoors and the cold water seemed warm!! I know I am a soft southerner compared to some but I’m staying in today. I had a busy day yesterday and just want to stay in the warm today.

Hi Coffee

Well done, I have that to lose but I’m only half way there at the moment. You are doing well and life sounds really hectic as well. I hope all health situations improve.

As you say you can just pop on and post a few words, that will keep you focused, that isn’t a bad thing when all around you is stress and worry. It will help you get through it. Take it from one who knows that it helps.

Hi Audrey

Ah well Audrey, y ou have no loss but also no gain. Enjoy your Mums.

I’m on fast day today. Anyone else?

Ginette

Hi Ginette

I’m on a FD too, tidying the meds out lots out of date to take chemist where they will get rid for me.

Been for a walk 7,500 steps done, hubby pointed something out to me the other how I make sure I’ve got every bit of yogurt out the pot and I lick the plate clean (not with my tongue I might add) especially on FD food so important to me to make sure I have what it says on the pot. Lol

Have a good day ladies Lynda x

Hi Lynda

Nice to have company. I don’t blame you!! So would I. I don’t worry about 15 calories over or under the 500 though.

I enjoyed sugar free farm and I am going to try and cut down sugar in everyday foods. The last one was an eye opener, I didn’t know there was sugar in cured meats though.

I would love to make my own sugar free cakes but I know I would just eat more of them. I have some cake mixes from Aldi and I may try and use 150gm and make two muffins instead of a batch. I can do this is in the microwave I think. You just can’t buy a pack of two can you. I wonder if there are any sugar free or low sugar mixes out there.

Ginette

Hi Gine ….

I always think you get a lot with these delicious Delia scones and not too bad on sugar for the amount Tasty with a few strawberries or raspberries Plain Scones Xx

Plain, meaning without added fruit, but light, airy and just the right amount of crusty surface makes these scones the perfect backdrop to preserves and clotted cream.

You can make them with buttermilk and natural yoghurt in place of the milk, and you can use 1 level teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda and 2 level teaspoons of cream of tartar with plain flour if you want to experiment, but the recipe below seems equally good to us and the ingredients are always available.

Add to favourites
    Add to shopping list
    Print

Plain Scones
    Makes about 8

Ingredients

40g spreadable butter
    225g self-raising flour
    1½ level tablespoons golden caster sugar
    pinch of salt
    110ml milk, plus a ilttle more (if needed)
    a little extra flour
    Pre-heat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7

Oven temperatures and Conversions

Click here for information

Equipment: You will need a Delia Online baking sheet with a non-stick liner or similar, and a 5cm plain (or fluted) cutter

This recipe is from Delia’s Cakes

Method

Begin by rubbing the butter into the sieved flour quickly, using your fingertips,then stir in the sugar followed by a pinch of salt.

Now, using a knife, mix in the milk little by little, and when it’s all in, flour your hands and knead the mixture to a soft dough (you may find you need just a drop more milk if it feels at all dry).

Place the dough on a floured pastry board and with a rolling pin (also floured) lightly roll it out to a thickness of about 3cm. (This thickness is vital. The reason scones don’t rise enough is because they are rolled too thin.)

Then take the pastry cutter and tap it sharply so that it goes straight through the dough – do not twist or the scones will turn out a strange shape!

When you have cut as many as you can, knead the remaining dough together again and repeat. Then place the scones on the baking sheet, dust each one with flour and bake near the top of the oven for 12–15 minutes.

When they’re done they will have risen and turned a golden brown.

Then transfer them to a wire rack and eat as soon as they are cool enough, spread with butter, jam and clotted cream.

Hi Hemmy

They sound lovely. Maybe I will try them with Stevia and just make half a batch. It won’t be this week but I will let you know when I have tried them.

Ginette

Hi Everyone

Just clocking in as I promised myself I would.
    Had a fast day today: 3 clementines, cup a soup and 4 ryvita with 3 laughing cow light cheese triangles spread on them… bet you’re all wishing you had THAT for your dinner! LOL
    Everyone sounds happy and positive which is great. Hemmy those scones sound delicious, anyone know how many calories there are in them?
    3am so think I’m going to go to bed and read for a while then try and get some sleep… as you may guess my sleeping hours are eratic! 🙂
    Take care everyone. Speak tomorrow.

Hi all

fine, Audrey, just busy – went to Hexham on Tuesday, another long day, up at 4 and neither myself of OH slept much before then, long day and back at 8pm, not too bad but unpacking everything in the morning and repacking at tea time, standing on my feet all day between is starting to make me feel my age!

Managed a good fast day on Monday – might not manage one today as I’ve stayed up too late and now I can’t go to bed in case I wake OH – he is up at 4.30 to travel to northampton to pick up a car – would be a shame to disturb is sleep so it is now 3.30am and I’m up for another hour, will be back up at 9ish to start the day.

Good job I am not getting dressed – but my willpower is low when I haven’t had enough sleep so I try not to fight with myself – out Friday so may just do a fast on Saturday. Valentine’s day on Sunday – hoping for tickets to James Martin but I have a man who doesn’t take hints – especially as the tickets are expensive (though he was telling me just today his race entries are two hundred and fifty pounds a race -AND he needs new overalls and crash helment! Hmmmm)

Haven’t weighed myself for a while but trousers are falling down again and son is calling me a bag woman, so I think there is shrinkage – though no drop in bust size though.

Keep in touch about your liquid days, I think I may need one next week.

Hemmy, thought it was only the mid fifties thread lot who spoke about such things as clotted cream?????

Had an M & S scone with jam and clotted cream today – actually half – and I didn’t have even half of the jam – of course that meant I had to have a bit more than half of the cream! A lovely treat. Trouble is if I make my own, how to have just half a scone?

Can’t say what the weather is like as its too dark to see, but I think its a bit chilly! Have a great day!

Hi KT

just read your post – have faith, we all feel like that sometimes.

I just imagine we are all tankers (apologies to the not so can-tanker-ous of us!) and the trouble with tankers is, before you can turn them around, you have to stop them, a lot of braking needed. Then turning a tanker is a slow, laborious job, getting it up to speed takes an awful long time!!!

5:2 is just like that – though most folk expect to quickly turn around and start speeding away!!! Stopping the tanker, ie the weight gain, is DIFFICULT! Losing is also DIFFICULT. Some days more difficult than others – we have another trick we share with tankers, heavy storms can send them backwards – chocolate and wine and sweets and cakes and – well, most things – can send us backwards.

But the calm seas come again – the days come when progress is rapid, and every new day is full of sunshine. Of course just when you are steaming ahead you hit the doldrums!!! Ha! Known as the plateau in 5:2 but exactly the same thing.

So stopping the weight gain is the first major triumph – every ounce lost is a major accomplishment (there are days when you HAVE to count in ounces!) and gains are just testing us.

So you can do this and you CAN have biscuits tomorrow – and if the day goes tits up – get out of bed tomorrow and tell yourself you STILL can have biscuits tomorrow! And very often if you haven’t succeeded today you will succeed tomorrow!

Coffee you are a star!!! Great going, hope things settle down and the scales of life re-balance so things get a little easier.

I’ve been having the cold olive oil most days – am I defeating the object by mixing it with balsamic and dunking in bread though? It tastes lovely, so it can’t be good for me, can it? Fair number of calories too!!! Can’t give up all those calories on a fast day – though would it count as liquid if I had it on a liquid day without the bread?

Morning all you lovely Brits,

Hello from Sri Lanka… I am really missing the forum. I have read some posts but not too easy off mobile phone and Wi Fi a bit iffy but in today.

Everybody sounds as if you are all doing good and KT I think I know where the 9 pounds have gone… Well done to you and all other losers..I can’t catch you all.

Hemmy hope you soon feel better.

Your weather sounds bad.. We have about 34 degrees but it has been cloudy thank goodness a bit too hot. India was fantastic the Taj made us both cry very emotional.

Back on board Tuesday… Have a good FD everybody.

Missing you all
    Jean X

A bit nippy here today … off shopping with my Mum. It will be a quick one today as still very tired with this flu thing. Roll on Monday when I can get back to a normal sleeping .. eating plan.

I will miss my girl but not these erratic London working hours. Back to me and Mr Pips on our own going our own sweet little way. Lol

Not fasting at the mo … have notice after about 3 weeks no wine .. losing a few ozs sort of by the day at the moment. Long may it last. lol

Gine Those scones of Delia’s are always light and lovely ..easy to knock up in a jif. Nice with some cheese sprinkled on top just before baking. Xx

Hi Coffee .. It doesn’t matter what we have .. just those 500 cals. You are doing brilliantly .. well done you girl. Xx

Hi Milena . lovely to see your post this morning. Oh I do hope you get to see James Martin my ideal sort of man. If I lived nearby I would join you. ( He is wonderful at cooking also} Lolol

You sound as its a busy life for you a the moment … so good on your having a bit of what you fancy fresh cream. Take care Milena Xx

Hi Aud .. will miss you next week .. hope your Mum is doing well now. Oh dear what a shame you having to suffer those glasses of port again. Lol Xx

Lyn and KT hope you are both ok. Xx

Celtic and Stew how are you. Xx

SYM SYM … so lovely to hear from you. Sounds to be a wonderful time. Especially the warm weather much needed at home.

We all miss you … and hubby. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and safe journey home. Xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok .. Anyone looking in.. you are very welcome to come and add to our little corner. Ideas gratefully received and exchanged. Xx

Brit lovelies… Love yourself- accept yourself -and be good to yourself- because without you ..the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.Xx

Hi everyone, I’m a newbie male 38, 6ft 1, currently weighing in around 19 stone, have read loads about this plan and I like the sound of it! Have tried all the usual suspects, Cambridge, weight watchers, slimming world etc etc etc I’m actually a pretty good dieter its keeping it off that’s the problem only last year I lost 3 and a half stone in 5 months with calorie counting and exercise only to but it all and more back on!
    I’m getting married later this year and want to lose some weight but more importantly I need to find a way of eating that suits me! I’m starting the plan on Monday so any advice I will be more than grateful for, I have used my fitness pal before so can get round that OK? Please help

Hi Plainy

Welcome, there are many serial dieters on these threads who have lost and gained more than they started with. The nice thing about this as although you may find the first week or two difficult you will soon settle in. Also you have 100 calories more than woman so a real bonus although you may not think so at first.

This is really a way of life and even when you have lost tge weight I know a lot of people still have a day a week where they fast. This still gives health benefits and hopefully stops the weight going back on.

Fasting is something that most people after a couple of weeks look forward to. I know this sounds strange but many people including myself have found that. Almost an addiction!! 🙂

All you need to know is you have 600 calories during the day, count all drinks or milk in tea and coffee. Go for low calorie options, eg no cappuccinos on fast days. If you are struggling remember it is only one day, the next you can eat. It will change the things you eat after a while. I found that I naturally cut down on potatoes and bread and it has stayed that way. I have been doing it over a year now and I cut down for a few months before. I have lost over four and half stone, over three and a half of that on 5:2 or 4:3 as I do now.

Men tend to lose more quickly than women so you will probably outshine us when it comes to weight loss. I am still addicted to sweet things and need to cut down on these on non fast days. What do you eat now or drink that makes you put on weight? Whatever is your weakness needs to be lessened. People like Hemmy are doing brilliantly and have cut out wine as a regular thing. Others it is fried foods. If you use my fitness pal at least for two or three weeks on non fast days you can see where your weakness lies. Also you will learn a lot about calories. Exercise helps and building up a little muscle especially as muscle burns more that fat when you are just sitting down. This is not to say overdo it, you don’t have to look like the incredible hulk.

When are you getting married and how much do you want to lose?

Hi Coffee

Was that a packed of cup of soup? If you make it yourself you can get more and tastier soup for your allowance. If tine is an issue most supermarkets have the prepared bags that you can just add water and a stock cube to. If not omelette and Aldi do a salad for about 100 calories. Chicken and mango I think. I have a soup maker so life is easy, add ingredients, add water, stick sure and a clove of garlic press a button and 21 minutes later soup is hot and blended.

Hi Milena

Sounds as if you are still on those late nights. It was about 3.30 for me last night as well. Maybe OH has got you those tickets as a surprise Valentines gift!!

Hi Jean

How lovely to hear from you. Holiday sounds lovely. The weather sounds far too hot though. Enjoy tge rest of your time away and we’ll see you back here soon.

Hi Hemmy

All the ozs add up to lbs so slow and sure is much better than staying still. I have decided to try and cut down sugar intake so scones on back burner for now.

Hi Audrey

Enjoy your time with Mum.

I hope everyone else is fine.

Ginette

Hi Ginette
    It’s sweet stuff with me in particular chocolate, cakes and biscuits, as I have said I have no way of stopping myself and literally can eat my daily kcal in one binge within a hour!!! When I have had success before I literally have to cut these things out of my diet completely and then revert to type!!! I have never found a happy medium where I can eat two biscuits instead of two packets! I’m getting married in October not weighing in till Monday but I’m guessing around 60-70lb.

Hello,

The more I read these posts, the more the promise that Michael Mosley made, i.e. that you could eat whatever you liked on 5 days as long as you ‘fasted’ on two days to is just not true! This was just to get people hooked into trying it out, and make himself rich and famous into the bargain. You can’t really blame him for that… However, in the small print, you find out that on his diet, you have to keep within a strict number of calories on non-fast days as well. In this, the diet is the same as any other. Does anyone else share this view? (or am I just a cynic?)

just a quick question how strictly does everyone stick to there TDEE as mine to start with looks huge ?! Any comments or experiences welcome! ?

Viewing 50 posts - 2,901 through 2,950 (of 35,313 total)

You must be logged in to reply.