Fat Busting Brits!!

This topic contains 34,904 replies, has 402 voices, and was last updated by  Brads27 17 hours, 9 minutes ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 2,051 through 2,100 (of 35,390 total)

• Morning all

Hemmy I do agree about the fasts, should really focus on the cals perhaps. anyway am down that 1 lb , was hoping for a wee bit more but am still happy.

Newbs, fluctuation. It must be. I am sure it will all show next weigh in. Stay strong and enjoy your weekend.

Audrey, so happy to hear mum is getting on better. Tell her hello from me. x

Ginette, so happy you are back. Dorset is lovely. I don’t know if I can cope with taking Neil abroad. It is very quiet here and we have a quiet lifestyle. He gets confused if stressed and I have mental images of an airport terminal in full throng. We haven’t had a holiday for 20 years so we are long overdue.

Celtic, we are fine thanks. Neil takes Tamsulosin for his prostrate which works well otherwise he would be up several times a night.

Slg, and Symba, many thanks for your input. Don’t know what I would do without you all. Probably go quietly crackers!

Have I forgotten anyone? You are all in my thoughts and hoping you all have a lovely weekend.

Bev x

Hi all,

Weigh in day this morning and both very happy 4 lbs off each….I know this is a lot of water loss but a good first week. After the first few weeks I am a pound a week girl, hubby looses a bit more as men tend to do. We did manage two swimming sessions as we both struggle to walk fast due to bad knees and feet! Positive for next Friday.

Family coming tomorrow, chocolate cake to be made for Granson…oh dear..maybe a small piece! Although strict Monday to Thursday we have more on Friday to Sunday and a glass of wine or two!

Newby ….Have a lovely weekend in the hotel.

Audrey….Glad Mums getting better and she has had a lovely shower, it always makes you feel a lot better.

Ginette…. Thanks for the reminder of Fitness Pal, I have used this before and it can help a lot. I will check in and at least put my weight in and see how I go.

Celtic…I will also check in on Facebook, I am now on this as I wasn’t before.

Hemmy….Hows the new steam cleaner? All house done yet for Christmas!! Ha ha

Everybody have a great weekend
    Jean X

Symba, congratulations on the weight loss long may it continue.

Beverley I agree about airports such noisy confusing places that’s why we got our caravan, no checkpoints or customs to get into Wales and the scenery is breathtaking. …

Mum continues to improve thanks to you all for your good wishes, she loves it when I pass them on. I have from the other forum passed on wishes from all around the world she is suitably impressed. …

Keep in touch, together we are stronger

Audrey

Jean, what a great start! I wish I could go swimming but I just hate it so dance and do whatever else!!

So wise Audrey. The more I think about the logistics of a foreign holiday the more attractive home ground becomes. Perhaps put up a map of the UK and stick a pin in with eyes closed!

Neil has opened the stilton cheese. I know it is open and the fridge is beckoning.

Hope all is going well.

Bev x

Hi Dear friends x

Lots going on here. Lol Lovely to see.

Now Newbs don’t you be fretting yourself over that lb. I can fluctuate between 3/4lbs at least. Thing is in the beginning its a big loss.. then it seems to start getting a bit stubborn. Think that’s why some come and go here because it looked so easy.
    Also .. I often find I have lost more the day after a weigh in.
    Do you weigh often? I know lots are against it but it seems to keep me on track.. seeing what food is and isn’t working well.

Just stick with us. We all have ups and downs to report. Knowing we are all in the same boat and passing on does and don’ts makes it so much easier. Xx

Celtic .. Men are so notorious for not telling their health probs. Quite honestly you could “kill them off at times yourself”. lol Always needs the woman to be sensible.
    Your weight sounds like its going the right way … good sometimes to just rest back abit Like Ginette says .. let you skin settle with your body.
    Unpacked any more boxes yet. Lol Xx

Bev .. Well done on that pound Brilllliant. Good going girl. Xx

I would definitely plumb for one of this countries very beautiful counties.

In later years I have thought that I wouldn’t be bothered to never get on a plane again.

You sound like you live in a nice quiet spot… so why not find a quiet beautiful setting in a small pretty area making sure the accommodation is very restful and wonderful food to be had.
    I am terrible at going away these last years. I love my cottage .. its cosy and very comfortable. We don’t live highly but eat good food. So hard to leave.

BUT I know we all need a change of scenery it will do you both good… especially you Bev.. you deserve a break. Xx

Sym .. 4lbs … Well what can we say but Bloody Fantastic well done you. Xx

Bet that swimming helps a lot. Wonderful exercise.
    I reckon a bit of chocolate cake should be well on the cards for tomorrow. Only a small portion though. Lol Here’s me telling you when you have already lost all that weight and know how to do it.

No Sym still not unpacked the steamer as we speak. Thing is I will have to use it if I do. Ha ha.

Just for curiosity do either of you get annoyed if one loses more one week.

Just asking. Lolol Well done both. Xx

Well friends onwards and downards. Enjoy your day. Xx

Hemmy…

We eat the same…put on the same… and loose the same…always have. He always weighs 2 stone heavier than me but at the moment 2 stone 3 different
    ( he eats more biscuits!!) haha.

He is very good when on 5.2 he always eats what I give him and asks if he can ‘pick’… NO is usually is the answer!

I learnt to swim at 58 years I went to swimming lessons, so I swim 30 lengths and that’s it. I am not good or quick but OK. I can get my heart beating when I swim if I do any other exercise I have such low heart beat I can’t get it in burning mode. I think because my confidence is still lacking with swimming it makes the heart beat faster.

I can’t get annoyed with him when he looses more than me he’s a man and that’s the way it is..I keep up but he usually is a pound or 2 in front but I keep close!!!!!

We have just had a 20 mins walk around the block, as I pointed out to him we walk from the breakfast table to the settee back to the table for lunch he’s walked to the office on the computer, I’ve done the ironing and both back to the settee…..then we wonder why we are fat!

Well all for now …chocolate cake to bake for the Grandson and family for tomorrow.
    X

Have a good weekend everybody
    X

Hi all,

Beverley STEP AWAY FROM THE CHEESE! !!

Hemmy I have a polti steam cleaner at home and a little yellow in my caravan, I love love love my steam cleaners. Ian jokes in a fire I would save the dogs then the polti then if time him…. unpack it they are great, if you need any hints or tips….

Jean, it must be nice to do this together, Ian doesn’t need to diet and occasionally if he puts on a couple of extra lbs he loses then with a week or two it’s so annoying. ..

Ginette are you o.k. hope you are managing o.k. now son has moved I know it must be strange. …

I am halfway through 2nd fast day and doing o.k. mum has only offered me toast, biscuits and a cake so far. ….
    Audrey

Hi all,

Symba, I was born in Lanc’s. Moved to California in 1988. Lured by sun, a chance to live in an other country and a great nursing job. I just never moved back.
    I like the Brit forum, even though I read most posts. It keeps me motivated and I love the banter. Congrats on the wt loss.

Sunny but way too cold & windy to paddle, so went for a 4m walk instead. Dinner was great. I don’t know if skipping lunch helped or made things worse.
    Newbs , if I eat bread or pasta even if wheat free, I gain a couple of lbs. I try to stay away, but bead is probably my fav food. Oh well.

Have a good w/e everyone. Good on the fasting Audrey.

Hi All

Hemmy hope the day is going well for you, I am so used to this now it is second nature.

Audrey your Mums wet room sounds just the thing. At least you can feel that she is safe now, that is also important.

Celtic

I think that part of the problem would have been the virus, the doctor gave me some extra tablets only 2mg which is half a dose, I took 1/2 for the first two days and then went up to two. My only concern with them was the terrible list of common side effects. I haven’t had any so far and also the fact that my pharmacist said they would give me a call after a a week and then said that they would call again after two weeks. I assumed that this was just a service for new tablets but I was given another new one and they didn’t offer this service.

Hi Newby

Don’t worry we do fluctuate from one day to another. All will be well. Go back to basics again, that doesn’t do any harm.

I am going to read posts over the page so I’ll end here and continue again.

Ginette

Sorry I got led astray after a phone call……

Hi Beverley

I am glad to be back. I hope you do manage a break away, better to be in England than waiting around at airports. The waiting time must be longer now with all the security needed.

Jean what great news! Congratulations. Every pound loss is 4lbs of pressure off of your knees so that will really help. 16lbs of pressure off!! I too have suffered with my knees not so badly since I have lost a lot of weight though. I hope tge same works for you. Have you both got much to lose?

Hi Audrey

Pass on my good wishes to her then. X. My son has moved but has been staying with Pam for the past week, odd that. He will be here probably three days a week.

Hemmy

I love my steamer, so much better than a mop and bucket, the floors dry really quickly as well. Using a mop and bucket now seems like another lifetime. Had to laugh at Audrey though, I am not that attached.

Hi Sig

Well you will soon settle into the way you like to eat on fast days. Everybody is different. I prefer my meal in the evening with a nice dessert. Normally either sugar free jelly and a little yoghurt or rhubarb and yoghurt. Both of these are very low calorie choices but I can have a big bowlful! You will find what is right for you, maybe a steaming plate of vegetable soup midday, I have also got enough calories for that if I only remembered the stew packs!

Ok all

I think I have now caught up.

Have a nice weekend and Hemmy I hope your day is going well Heck sausages and two eggs for me tonight maybe with a tomato.

Ginette

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours. x

Well friends did the 3 fasts this week … yesterday coming in more like 600 but never the less a good week .. Scales looking good at the moment just need to keep this steady mindset till Tues. lol

No thought of wine has bothered me at all this week… especially for a Friday evening. Kristy away till later today so no temptation there.

Sym Enjoy today with your Grandson… a small slice of choc cake will go down well I bet. Xx

Bev hope you have had a good week and like Audrey said stepped away from the cheese. OR only had a taster. Xx

Sig enjoy your week-end .. be mindful though as you need rid of that Thanks Giving feast. Lol Xx

Audrey .. Hope this morning finds everything well with you and your lovely Mum. Have the cream horns all gone… I did keep thinking about them. Lol

Have a safe journey home today/tomorrow. Love to you both. Xx

Ginette .. So love to see your posts when I come on. Hope you are still feeling better.
    How did this weeks fast go. Think 2 is fine for me as I said think being more mindful on those normal days is the way to go..

Have a good week-end Ginette. xx

Newbs .. hope you are having a fab time .. save a bit of cream tea for me. lol Xx

Cetic .. enjoy the week-end with your Stu and the doggies… hope you get some nice walking in. Xx

Milena .. hope all is well with you. We are in need of some of your colourful input. xx

Blaise .. hope you are okay .. getting back into things after your time away with your Dad. Xx

Do hope all is okay with Karen and family .. Xx

Brit Lovelies… Remember we all stumble everyone of us ..That’s why is such a comfort to go hand in hand. Xx Have a Great week-end. Xx

Morning all

I am off home tomorrow yeah!

Mum is in the bathroom, trying to manage a shower on her own! Fingers crossed if she makes it I can stay home when I go.

Thanks for all your support and best wishes it has been a very difficult time for me.

Will let you know later if she manages on her own. ..

Hemmy cream horn still in fridge…

Have a great weekend my fellow brits. ..we are only here once let’s make it count. ..

Audrey

Oh Audrey I am sure it has been very difficult. My thoughts have been with you many times this week. Fingers crossed for the shower. Xx

Morning Hemmy

I am glad yesterday went well for you. Sadly blood pressure right back up there again, so high I called 111 to get their advice, I fell asleep waiting for the doctor to call and when she spoke to me it was Ok again. It is still a bit high this morning so I am keeping an eye on it.

Hi Audrey

What good news. Nothing like your own home, apart from that it sounds as if she is on the mend so that is good. Looks like you may have to help her out with that cream horn.

Have a good journey home as we are forecast a lot of rain over the weekend. Bright skies now though.

Ginette

Thanks ginette and hemmy,

I am indeed keeping a close eye on the weather as it is set to change with perhaps snow.

Good news on the shower front, I am no longer needed so should be ok to go home to stay….

Ginette take it easy, ring Dr if blood pressure goes too high…

I am off home tomorrow evening so will be in touch on Monday I think…

Audrey

Oh no Ginette what a shame when it had reduced so well.
    I would imagine it going back high is enough to stress you out and make it worse. What a worry for you.

Take it easy Ginette and call the Dr if you are too worried how things are going. ..positive healing vibes being sent to you. Xx

Hi guys,

Just read again this forum from the beginning …..some really good results.. I must say really WELL DONE to you all, keeping going on the ups and down. Seems to of lost a few on the way, hope they return like me and hubby.

Ginette..
    I have 2 stone to loose, hubby 2 stone 3 lbs, but we are more positive than of late..the scales frighten you and make you think of the health benefits , we are both 66 years, with bad knees and me with arthritis in my feet. The weight off will help us both no choice really.

Sig..
    My younger daughter lived in Dubai for 18 years married an American they moved to Lafayette in Louisiana in April this year with his job, she loves the sun, she won’t come back to the UK. Although she is taking time to settle but I think it’s getting better.

Audrey..
    Glad everything is settling down for you and you are on your way home today, hope things go well with your Mum.

Had a glass of wine last night and looking forward to a chicken dinner tonight, with a glass of wine. We always try for a normal weekend not going overboard on food, if 5.2 is for life it has to be do able. Then it makes us good for Monday to Thursday when we are quite strict and non negotiable on anything!

Good weekend to everybody, enjoy, and a good fast next week

Jean X

Good morning all 🙂

I am sooo sorry I’ve not been posting for a while..poor effort from me but I’ve been thinking of you all and trying to keep up with the thread x

Newby..sorry about the latest number. Stay focused and it will all come good. Go back to basics, keep track all week and be honest. We are all rooting for you x

Symba..big welcome and well done on your loss this week. You know this WOL works but I think support is also key and checking into the forums to keep you on the straight and narrow. Lbs are hard to lose but quickly pile on. Don’t let all that effort go to waste!

Audrey..glad to hear mum is improving x it’s so hard for them to lose independence and very frightening as they don’t want more falls and injuries. Hope all goes on well for you all x

Bev..well done on your loss this week 🙂 Lovely to have Turin to look forward to..something to aim for!

Ginette..sorry you’ve not been well x take care of yourself x you do so much for others you need to look after yourself too x

Hemmy..you are such a brilliant cheerleader!! A great motivator for us all 🙂 🙂 A fantastic effort so far this week so hope the scales reveal a lovely number for you next week!

Celtic..hope you and Stu are doing fine x glad to hear Mouse is well x

Blaise, Milena..hope all good with you. Sorry if I’ve missed anyone xx

Had a good visit with my mum. She looks so much better and is eating well but sadly her mind is not there. She is confused about everything. I know it’s a big adjustment re all the care now in place but I don’t think the short term memory is going to improve. We are where we are and just have to make sure she’s as safe and comfortable as we can.

I’ve read about the 4lbs off by Christmas Eve challenge. Not sure I can manage that number but I will be trying for any sort of loss by then! Last week I lost 0.1 kg..pants!! This week..yay!..0.4 kg!! I am now only 0.2 kg off my target of 66 kg. However when I reach this I am going to set a new target of 62 kg. I need to get into the region of 65 kg to be in the healthy BMI range. So..onwards and downwards Team Brits!! 🙂

Have a great Saturday all 🙂 Ooh..almost forgot! Agree to swopping feast for normal..much more sensible!

Love
    Karen
    Xx

Hi All thank you for your good wishes, and healing thoughts.

Yes I shall monitor it maybe twice a day, any more makes me anxious and is counter productive.

I spoke to the pharmacist who thinks it sounds like a panic attack. She had one and called 999. She says maybe underlying stress. Hospital and her son who is a GP said it seems like a panic attack.

No loss so far for me this week but three weeks and 3lbs to go…….

Jean

Do you mean you read 42 pages? Well done if you did….a marathon. I did that when I first joined.

Not too much to lose, set yourself small achievable targets, mine is always the next 7lbs I probably still have about four to four and a half stone to lose.

I hope you soon feel an improvement in your knees. Yes we have the hidden health benefits, I am sure my internal fat is better, less around my organs.

Hi Karen

Nice to hear from you, don’t worry we all have busy times. Just keep popping in, how is your Mum?

Ginette

Hi everyone!

Audrey, hugs to your mum from me – I hope she is back to her old self very soon.

My comment re the eagles – was that on her or Loaca? LOTR fans don’t mention the eagles cos they could have flown Frodo to Mount Doom and the book could have been a couple of chapters so we don’t go there – 5:2 we don’t mention weight gain – it is merely a blip in our journey downwards – so we don’t go there.

Well, started the low carb yesterday – urgggh! Tea without my quarter of a spoon of sugar is just not nice – though the second cup, green tea without milk or sugar – if they served this as punishment in prison they would be a lot fewer folk in those places – blummin’ awful. And I just couldn’t face the fruit teas! So water only.

No lunch cos the eggs have a sell by date of before the 8th of November and before the 25 of September. I can’t stand eggs that are more than a few days old, but OH and I are having a stand off! We have had eggs since those dates, but OH won’t through these oldies out – hope I’m not in the kitchen when they are used – but I have the air freshener ready!

Had salmon and salad for tea – was nice to have an oil dressing, but not very filling – nothing yet today and herring for tea – which I am not looking forward to. Will need to have a long think about what to eat tomorrow – and I suppose I should google to see what foods are low carb. Amazing when one decides to do without certain foods, the desire for them is huge. I’m dreaming about cream cakes – I think the cream might be ok, sure the sponge is high carb!

Suppose that is why 5:2 works. Determined to work out if going low carbs is helpful though, so will persevere for a couple of weeks.

Have a great day!

Ginette,

I own up to the first 20 pages, I wanted to know were you all started and weight you were all aiming for, see who has fallen from this forum…. and who is still here from March ..as hubby and I are at the start again! There is some motivation there in the reading.

X

Hi all

Am conducting a symphony here. That is, a lasagne. If I may boast a little (blush blush) I make a pretty mean lasagne!!

I can’t keep track of all that is happening. We are all quite wild and wooly!!

Jean, my daughter was in Dubai for a few years then Byron Bay and then Sydney. Now Italy. She doesn’t get the foreign travel and live bug from me so I guess her father.

The cheese went down a treat, a small slice but every morsel savoured. Mindful. Mmm mm.

Good weekend to all. If I don’t have seconds of the lasagne I’ll be a monkeys uncle.

Hugs all round.

Bev x p.s. hello to audreys mum. x

Hi Milena x

Do love so your posts.. I can almost smell those eggs from here. Lol Although I must confess not bothering too much about sell by dates.
    When you think there were never fridges around years ago all kept in the “pantry”. Mum thinks lots of food loses its taste in the fridge.

I cant do that low carb diet. I have tried it a few times but as I am not a big meat eater found I was existing on cheese. I love my toast and baked spuds they are part of my life. Lol

It also made me feel a bit down. You have such determination good for you girl. Keep us up to speed on how it goes. Are you weighing weekly ? Have a good week-end Milena. Xx

Hi Karen lovely to see you .. we were getting worried about you.x
    Sorry your Mum is frail .. doing what you are doing .. keeping her safe and secure ..what more can you do. Its hard at these times…

Well done on your loss. you are very consistent Karen.. gives us all inspiration … looks like you will be the first to your goal. Have a good week .. don’t forget to clock in so we don’t worry about you. Lolol Xx

Hi Bev.. love lasagne with a nice glass of wine, lolol Glad you resisted the cheese and just had a sliver.

Any Dancing Queen today then. lol

Looking back on the pages when I started … I was interested to see that on FDs I used all my cals in one meal at lunch time. Fancy that.
    I remember now had it around 2 pm. kept me going all day . Right .. going to try that on Monday fast.

Have a good week-end Bev enjoy your meal. ( are you watching strictly} Xx

Hi Ladies,

I just sat down for a cuppa and saw this article about a 77 year old woman crossfitter. I am going to have to get to it later:)
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/77-year-old-crossfit-athlete-constance-tillet-full-body-transformation/?ftag=YHF4eb9d17

Hemmy, great job on the 3 fast days this week. I only made one, better that none and I have been trying to mindful. Drove home at 6.30 am today so I could attend a 9 am class yoga class (well worth it). Hopefully cleaning my house this afternoon will burn off a few more calories. I will weigh in tomorrow.

Audrey, glad your mum is doing better.

Milena, good luck on the low carb. I did that for a while. Ricotta cheese, sweetened with a low cal sweetener and added lemon peel or chocolate power stirred in became a staple legal pudding for me.Tastes like cheese cake. I think I found it in the South Beach diet book.

Enjoy the rest of the w/e everyone.

Good morning friends hope all is well with you and yours.x

Yay its Sunday… a nice lie in and roast dinner .. what more could you want.

Its been a busy week for everyone so time to relax and enjoy a few treats.

Thank you for the link Sig will check that out later. Xx

Safe journey home Audrey and wish your Mum well from us. Xx

Enjoy the day everyone. Ginette ..Audrey…Milena ..Karen…Celtic…Bev…Newbs…Sig…Sym …Blaise

And All Looking In Thinking Of Starting this Way Of Life.

Brit Lovelies …Next time you think of Beautiful things…Don’t forget to include Yourself. Xx

Hi all

Last nights lasagne. I managed a 1/4 of the dish with loads of veg. Nice but so stuffed that had to go for a lie down so missed strictly. Oh dear Hemmy.

Asked my beloved what he thought and he said it was mind blowing. The tastiest thing he had ever met!!! Not sure what that meant but took it as a compliment.

It’s blowing up a bit here but not bad. A day inside I think.

The dog had a mishap again on the kitchen floor. I fear his days are numbered but who is going to do the dirty deed? He is really old, like his master but the thought of both of them going anywhere is awful…….

Anyway. Today, still pondering holiday things…….seems too much effort.

Bye for now. Bev x

Hi Milena

Good luck on the new diet. I must say like Hemmy I am not strict on best before dates, I have been known to eat things quite out of date, a tin of something as long as it isn’t blown or rusty, flour, oil, eggs, yogurts…the list is endless. I won’t eat anything that smells bad or looks dodgy though. I have seems perfect tomatoes past their use by date!! Others throw them away, not me!!

Hi Sig as you say one day is better than none.

Hi Hemmy

I love Strictly. Especially with the new dancers. I love tge relaxation at the weekend (food wise) when on the three days a week.

Hi Bev

That lasagne sounded lovely, what a nice compliment as well. I always have mine with vegetables, I have never understood how it goes with chips. Other people of course may think differently.

I fancied some breaded or battered fish the other day so I bought some frozen, I was very dissappointed as it looked like reconstituted or is it more like reconstructed fish. I just wanted to have a couple of nice prices of fish in my freezer for when I fancy it. Any idea on good brands this was Youngs?

I’m am glad you enjoyed the cheese, I have some Stilton in my fridge a tiny off cut. This way of life is all about enjoying a little bit of what you want on non fast days and I find that far less like a punishment, this was how I started to feel on other diets, always thinking about all of the foods I couldn’t have after a while.

Hi Jean

Well done you on the 20 pages, I think it is good to see the ups and downs of what people go through. It makes the experience realistic. It helps as inspiration too I found and encouraged me to keep on track. A few have dropped by the wayside, they may come back one day.

Hi Audrey

I hope the weather is kind to you on your Journey home. The weather forecast is not good all of the country, but for me driving rain is better than the thought of all that snow forecast for Scotland and the far north. Take care any of you living there. Stock up as well.

Have a good element all

Ginette

Hi Ginette

not doing well with it at all – and full of cold so I think I will go back to normal for a few days.

I’m fine with sell by dates except for eggs and milk – I used to work at the local dairy, so we got hot frothy milk for coffee as it was going though the process, and took milk that had been in the cow a few hours earlier – can’t get my head around milk that lasts for a week or ten days!

And fresh eggs are a delight – happy to let OH and son use them if they are a week old – but 25th September use by – I’ll bet its green inside!!!

I’ve noticed things like vinegar and salt have sell by dates – crazy eh?

Really stormy outside, so under the duvet watching the grand prix, then a film or three, got roast chicken – and chips as OH is cooking it!! Sometimes you just have to have chips!

Jean, I apologise now!!! Like Ginette I have been prattling (well, I’ve been prattling, Ginette has just been give sage advice!) since the beginning – must be blummin’ tiresome to read! Hope in spite of that I have given you a bit of inspiration, I’m very much a work in progress, but almost reached the target I gave myself at the end of January and we luck will get there.

Just bought a lovely black wool and cashmere mix trench coat from Ebay for twenty quid – a Wallis size 14 – and its huge! So I could kid myself I am a size 12 – ha ha!!!! Its fabulous though, so I’ll take it to get professional taken in – probably cost me a fortune but they don’t make coats of this quality any more! Something warm for the winter anyway!

Ginette, have a look at Aldi fish, some of the fist is just dusted – and they have some unusual and tasty fish! Another standby is M&S fishcakes, tasty!

Which brings me to the herring! Decided to fillet it and just over bake it – tasted lovely, but the number of bones completely put me off – got the main bone out just fine, but there are hundreds of wee bones.

Peace now reigns in our house!!! How lovely!

Hope everyone had an enjoyable week-end .. a few treats but also mindful. Glad to report I just had a couple of glasses of wine Sat evening and unheard of… non yesterday even with lunch. Lol

A new week and fresh start … FD for me today anyone else.

I am sure the same too for some of you that have lost a loved one…
    I am increasingly having to pull all the stops out to get into the frame of mind for the festive season. Past Christmases’ on replay.
    Still its got to be done for the other loves in our life. Hard at times though.

Still Onwards and Upwards with our thoughts ..and Downwards with the scales. Lol

Going to try one meal about 2-3pm like I did at the start see where that takes me.

What’s everyone else got planned?

Have a good day Brit lovelies…Eat to fuel your body Not feed your emotions. Xx

Morning all

Milena heed your own very good advice and feed that cold. … get yourself well then diet again….will do you no harm in the long term, stay warm and dry in this awful weather, and keep safe my friend and get better soon….?

Hemmy, it is indeed difficult at Christmas time, but, you know I am here if things get too hard… as I guess are most of us for you, if you need to vent you know where to come…?

I got home safe last night it was an horrendous journey….

Operation santa stash begins in Ernest today…..the girls presents are arriving this afternoon for us to hide…. hohoho as long as we don’t have to wrap them…

Have been on the scales and have lost 2lb from laSt week, another 2lb puts me back to my lowest again….I now weigh less than ian!

Keep in touch will post again later… keep well and safe everybody…

Audrey

Morning Everybody,

Fast day for us today, swimming bag out for 12 noon, mind positive.

We had a good Friday and Saturday, normal mindful eating , family arrived, piece of chocolate cake eaten, rest sent home with grandsons! Three glasses of wine with meals. Sunday came just with brunch and evening meal ready to start today.

Hemmy..
    Always a roller coaster for us at Xmas, 3 parents lost, 2 a week before and 1 a week after. Always hits you.. a long time now…. but it’s always in your thoughts at this time. Hope you OK.

Milena…
    Hope you soon feel better.. Get some hot toddies down you and wrap up.
    ( whisky and hot lemonade)
    I swear by them. End of Jan and you are there, really good.

Aud..
    Good 2 lbs off and back to the lowest weight ..well done

I am tagging on the end of the thread I am starting and you all are finishing….well hey ho…

Cheers all
    Have a good day

Jean x

Hi all

Hemmy, I have been pondering for a few hours what to say to you that may help but I think words would be useless. Just want you to know how much I am thinking of you at this time and send you big cyber hugs. I have a big heart so am sending you a piece. xxx

Audrey, hoping mum is doing well. Brilliant news on the weight.

Ginette, panic attacks are so awful. You have all my sympathy and hope so very much that they ease off for you. x

Milena, think maybe you have been overdoing things. Look after yourself and well done on the new coat, sounds fab. I love ebay but have to restrain myself!

Jean, nice to read your posts and get to know you.

Anyway, everyone, hope we have a nice day, and Hemmy chin up my friend. xxx

Bev x

Fast day here too.
    Jean swimming is brave, I dont think I could swim on a FD.

Audrey thinking of you and your mum. I bet I an is proud of your weight loss.

Hemmy take good care we are all here for you.

Sea bass and veg for us tonight…never eaten it before but was 25% off so thouht we would give it a go. I think next week we will go potat free; one way or another I think we may have eaten then 5 days out of 7 last week. Back to stews I think and giving himself less choice..potatoes are hisdefault setting .

Hi Audrey..Sym .. Bev. and Celtic Xx

Thank you..x

My own fault I had got a bit sorry for myself. My friend in Oregon that I mail to everyday… yesterday we were going over past times. They say you should never look back and I think its true.
    I have so very much to be thankful for … good health .. a loving little family including of course my darling Mr Pips… comfortable home and some good friends. Feeling better now. Xx

Just had a 2egg omelette with an ounce of cheese .. tomatoes and a lrg field mushroom. So going to call that 300. Feel quite full now. That leaves me a milky coffee and a couple of Satsuma’s for later. Kristy out for dinner so no need to be around food again today.

Milena .. do be careful with this diet .. especially in the damp weather. You supposed to feed a cold also. Whisky..hot water and honey is what the Dr ordered. Xx

Audrey so glad you got back ok. Well done you for the 2lbs loss and good weight. How brilliant Is that even after the trauma of last week for you. You are an inspiration Audrey. Xx

Bev .. I feel you have a big heart bless you

Hope all is going well with you both. How are things with your daughter and the accommodation.
    Hoping for a good result tomoz. This time next Monday will be stomach pulling in for Covent Garden. Lol Xx

Sym .. Well done for your restraint over the week-end .. sound like you are back in business with this way of life again. Keep going Girl. Xx

Ginette that must be been quite frightening and draining if it was a panic attack. Hope today finds you feeling a lot better. Xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Xx

Ps just seen your post Celtic .. the fish sounds good hope you enjoy it both. Hope you are having a good Fd today Xx

Hi All,

28 gr Porridge for breakfast, half milk and half water, ham salad tonight not good on a cold day. Must of put more effort in the swimming today 24 lengths, I am pulling a bit but no problem.

My road near the river was flooded this morning, river really really high and it was going out too. Highest I have ever seen in the 12 years I have been here in the village. No wonder after all the rain!

Hope everybody is OK too after the last few days storms and rain.

X

Hi all

Audrey..fantastic! Well done on your loss and lowest weight. An achievement to be proud of 🙂

Hope FD has gone well for everyone. Off to bed shortly as I have to work tomorrow am. Usually my day off but it’s all hands on deck at the mo..grr 🙁 Much rather be dog walking and house cleaning..still chasing my tail after weekends in the UK!

Take care all x stay positive and look to the future x

Karen
    Xx

Hi All

Lovely to catch up with your posts!

Well done with the weight loss Audrey and I’m glad your mum is on the mend!

Had lovely weekend away but OH still not great and nearly collapsed when out for a walk! Another docs appt next week.

Needless to say, I ate and drank a bit more than usual but felt I needed to give myself a bit of a break. Back to earth this morning with a really good fast day. Two days this week and 3 next I am thinking.

Bit pooped so will be back tomorrow – good luck with the weigh in Hemmy!

Newbsx

Hi Hemmy

thanks so much for worrying – but I’m fine, given up for the time being, i’m a big believer in feeding a cold, had nothing today as I wasn’t hungry, but did chicken pasta for dinner, with cream, OH bought a brownie pudding, has a little, ugh but ate it – made eh?

So plenty of meat left on the bird, will make stock tomorrow – promised son pulled pork – so slow cooked shoulder, caramelised onions, coronation slaw in a ciabatta – sounds super indulgent but I nowards just have a small piece of ciabatta – boy it is scrummy though – so if feeling better, soup on Wednesday and I might do a fast day on Thursday – OH and I are friends, we ate the herring, which was lovely but bony, and I have fresh eggs – might go back to low carb next week. Just wanted to see if it makes any difference.

Bev, I think you are right – not been myself since my op – and two weeks at fairs have knocked me for six. Busy time though so its a matter of pacing myself – must say though its not like me to be under the weather, but feeling decidedly ill – though my men are both sneezing as well – though theirs will undoubtedly turn into man flu and mine will just be a cold.

Hi Audrey, good on yer!!! No hot toddies though, hate whisky! I don’t do flu remedies either, though OH has a nice wee collection in the medicine cupboard.

Hi everyone else, keep warm, except Cinque, keep cool!!!

travel hopefully!!!

Sym hope the swimming goes well for you both today. That River doesn’t need to rise anymore by the sound of it. Hoping for adry day. Xx

Lovely to see you Karen .. have good day at work. Xx

Hi Newbs .. sorry OH was not too good on the break. Yes, back to Drs to get sorted .
    You enjoyed your treats while away .. thats how it should be. Now you can get back to normal days and Fds. Xx

Milena .. glad you are taking a little break from the low carbs. Sometimes though we just have to try things out for piece of mind.
    Glad all is reigning quiet in the household. Lol You do make a grey day so much brighter. Take care Xx

Whey hey… Lol last weeks purge made a difference. Pleased to say I join Audrey in the 2lbs loss corner.
    So this vintage body now weighs the grand total of … Drum-Rollll.. 10st 12lbs. .. who would have thought I would see that again. So pleased .. what a difference a day and 2lbs make. Lol

How is everyone else doing with the Xmas Eve Challenge.

Off to the Garden Centre for lunch and hoping for inspiration to go in the loft and get the Decs down… on return. Lol

Have a good day gang. Ginette … Audrey.. Milena…Karen..Celtic…Bev…Newbs..Sig…Blaise..Sym…

Brit Lovelies… Will Power is a Muscle… the more you use it… the stronger it gets. Xx

Get In there Hemmy!! Fantastic result..well done you little ★!!

Wonderful number on the scales and well deserved 🙂

Have a fab day all ♥

Karen
    Xx

Wow Hemmy, how cool is that!!!!! So happy for you and well deserved. xxx

FD didn’t go quite to plan, after dinner veg and sea bass Stu trundled in with two bowls of hazelnut icecream . Thankfully only small sensible portions but that was FD messed up. Ho hum. The tesco hazelnut icecream is the nicest thing ever.

Hemmy well done thats fantastic , bet you look and feel fab.

Milena, hoping you feel beter soon.

Karen and Newbs good to catch up with you both. Newbs hope drs can sort out whats going on, sounded scary.

Had a lazy few days mostly reading, so time to leap into action and DO. Mouse has final check up this afternoon so fingers crossed on that one.

For those of us who didn’t have safe or comfortable childhoods ive just read an interesting autobiography by Alan Cummings called “Not My Father”. Not the typical misery memoir, more a journey through the insanity to clarity. I think it might have Milina who asked the Q did any of us think that our early years have contribution to weight issues for me I’d say a definite yes: it was a coping strategy and defence mechanism. It has to be said though lwarning to drive and getying a car didnt do me any favours..until yhen bicyle had been my favoured form of transport.

Stu was eating mince pies at 3am, tsk tsk

Hemmy meant to ask at 10st 12lb how far off your ideal does that leave you ?

Forgot to say for those steam cleaner fans we have found 5l bottles on amazon that are really good particularly like the ocean scented one.Also buy carpet cleaner in same make …loads cheaper than buying branded. Its called Pro-Kleen and works really well.

Morning All

Well done Hemmy – what a result – I can only dream of being that weight – maybe by the end of next year? You so deserve it 🙂

Hope everyone has a good day.

Newbsx

Morning all,

Hemmy great news on weight loss, I am just 2lb behind you…..

Milena hope you are better soon

Karen great to hear from you, hope mum is safe …

Newby take care of husband, and don’t forget to take care of you too…

Beverley hope all is well with you and the other Audrey hehe

Symba you seem to going well, keep in touch and keep going…

Celtic, your hubby sounds like mine lovely. ..hope he is doing ok. i have the ocean carpet cleaning fluid it is just as good as the branded ones….. will try the steam fluid thanks haven’t seen that….I love the smell but it’s not too overpowering. …

Busy painting hallway today so will be back on later, have a great day everybody

Audrey

Thank you so much…Xx what a supportive group of friends you are. Xx

Had a nice afternoon at the Garden Centre. Lots of ideas … picked up some narcissi bulbs reduced from £4 to 50p so well chuffed.

Had a nice lunch Chilli Jacket Potato with salad. Very tasty. They had a special of their homemade burger in a bun and chips. I remember having that a few months ago after a fast.. it made me feel quite stuffed and ill. Lol

Celtic .. I started at 12st 1 aiming for 10st but now I have the bug thinking on the lines of 9st 7lb. I did weight watchers years ago got to 10st 6lb which was the higher weight for 5ft 4ins. Xx

Newbs … you CAN do this. I have only lost a drop in the ocean compared to others here. Just keep going and stick with us. Xx

Audrey … . and as you often say Together we are stronger. Xx

Eta …. Thanks Celtic for the steam fluid tip. Unpacked .. but as yet still not used. Lol

Hi all

My old forum which shut down suddenly in May is back up and running. Got a shock when looked at my profile. Between then and September I put on 12 lbs. I am now back where I was in June last year 2014. I never did lose or if I did I put it back on. There I am dabbling with WW, SW, Dukan, Paleo etc!!

I am still on it and it’s nice to see people drifting back. Celtic you would like it as it has before and after pics.

Every diet is catered for including 5:2.

Anyway FD today.

Hope all is good for you all today.

Bev x

Morning all,

Decorating again today, 2nd coat of paint on hallway. Got man in on Thursday to fit 3 new doors, then next week new carpet down, it’s going to look very posh HeheHe. …

Glad we are all ok, fast days Friday and Saturday for me this week….

Will be in touch again later,

Have a good day everyone

Audrey

Viewing 50 posts - 2,051 through 2,100 (of 35,390 total)

You must be logged in to reply.