Fasting from 8pm-Midday

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  peanut3 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Hi,
    I just saw this article http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/study-finds-skipping-breakfast-helps-reduce-weight-20141021-119g40.html and am wondering whether anyone has tried this/has experience with this??
    I’ve been following 4:3 for several months with very little weight loss (I know I eat too much on my non-fasting days)…and have fatty liver disease, and was wondering whether this is worth a try?? I think the original book might have mentioned this type of fasting but have lent my copy to a friend so can’t look it up just yet.
    Thanks!

Keeping in mind what is going to work for you, I sip on a cup of hot (green) tea throughout the morning and try to stay busy and before I realize it the morning has passed then I fix myself a late lunch around 1:30 p.m. BUT the hard part for me is fending off hunger which consistently happens by 5p.m. I try to eat dinner closer to 6:30p.m.- so I can make it through the night until morning.
    If I cannot make it to 1:30 p.m. Then I sip on a cup of broth or watered-down juice.
    For me, if I eat breakfast instead of lunch I am not successful that day for my fast day.
    Being flexible and listening to how you feel and what your body is telling you seems to keep me going.
    I’ve been on this eating 5/2 diet for over a year (but had an 8 week lapse around a family issue).
    Good luck to you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply.