Does anyone want a diet buddy

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Does anyone want a diet buddy

This topic contains 564 replies, has 85 voices, and was last updated by  Applecrisp 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 568 total)

• Great, sweetpea24! Let’s fast together tomorrow! Good night!

Good morning everyone

It’s good to see familiar faces popping back in. Life can get a bit crazy at times. It’s good to ‘disconnect’ and get out amongst it, isn’t it?

Sweetpea, you can do this. Be kind to yourself. I try to have discipline in small doses-FDs are quite often managed an hour at a time. Sometimes on other days, I try waiting. “Just 10 minutes,” I say to myself, “if you still think you want or need it then, well okay.” Then,”You did 10 minutes, try 30. Then reward your hard work with the cookie.” After that much time I figure why ruin my streak! 🙂 Next thing I know lots of time has passed and it’s time for dinner. Plus, what’s scarier than all of us ‘weighing’ you every week? 🙂

Kaster, good to have you back. How are you traveling on 5:2? I hope you’re doing all right.

Busymummy, I hate doing the painting. It’s great afterwards, but sheesh, what a ton of work. Good luck!

And good luck with your FDs this week all. I do Monday (weekend recovery) and Thursday (pre-weekend preparation).
    Ta ta for now,
    lacie

HI all! Fasting is going ok so far. I’m covered in white dust from scrubbing old paint off the walls in our bathroom. Just had a coffee to recover and start painting after that. I love this sort of busying myself! Give a paint brush and I’m happy!

I almost had a biscuit with my coffee because hubby had a few. But, I thought, let’s try to stay off them until lunch time. Let’s see how long I can make it without chocolate or biscuits. I’ve got to go back to my paint, keeps me away from thinking about food.

Good luck, Katser with fasting today and all you others fasting or preparing for the next fast day!! Talk later!

Busymummy, I think I would want to hear this if it were me
    “Step away from the cookies” LOL
    Sounds like you are having fun. I have a few walls that need painting…

Good night all.
    Stay strong. Stay focused.
    Enjoy your morning, afternoon, or evening 🙂

Another fast day today. Tuesday went very well, ouf! Next weigh-in on Saturday.

Lacie, if you need a few walls painted I’m your gal! I just love it! However, after having painted for 2 days, I need a rest for about a week. My neck and back and shoulders are killing me 😉 . I’m going into the garden to plant the last veggies now and rest in the sun!! Have a good day everyone!

Katser, how are you doing?? Still hanging in there?

Heeellloo all! Been a while since my last post..here’s why!

Been super busy at work (which I am really not loving much right now but I can’t currently take on the additional stress of finding a new job)

Studying for my marketing diploma exam which I think I mentioned before. Totally stressing me out to the point that my partner told me to just jack it in the other day. But I refused. I will finish it and hopefully I will pass the blasted thing and not have to resit!!

Half term school hols last week so had a few days off with my girls.

All of that meant that view actually pretty much had a week off the diet. BUT despite all the stress I did manage to fast for one day of half term….now this my friends is an achievement for me as I rarely manage to stay focused when the kids are about. Don’t know why but that’s how it is and so I usually give myself a break during the school hols. So I was super proud of myself. The result was that I only gained a pound in the week an Di honestly ate and drank way too much.

But I got right back on the wagon this week and am on fast day 2. I already lost the gained pound so hopefully might even shift a little extra when I weigh in tomorrow which will mean my week off really didn’t set me back much at all. Certainly liveable!

And now my daughter worked out that w heave 8 weeks til our holiday. So I reckon I can easily shift my last 4/5 lbs before then.

Glad to see you are all still hanging in there. Busy mummy I would so swap you the garden for my office right now. It’s the first really warm sunny day we’ve had here for quite a while today and I am so deeply unmotivated at work right now it was so hard to drag myself up the motorway to be here this am!

Time for a black coffee me thinks! See you all on the other side of my fast 🙂

Hi Marysia! Good to hear from you! Hope this exam of yours goes well and you’ll be rather stress free soon! I’m impressed that you could fit in a FD during holidays. I do have my difficulties with it. However, the last three days I didn’t eat much as it was soooo stressfull for me. We had to get the whole house cleaned, I had to paint the bathroom and the hall (getting rid of little finger prints all along and blistering paint 🙁 ) as we had estate agents over to sell our house… But hubby and I rewarded ourselves with a lovely glass of chardonnay in the evening! Well deserved.

I just “blew” my fast day today having lunch with my daughter. She has to be motivated to eat these days and if she sees me fast she wouldn’t eat either. She’s only 10 years old. So, way to young to not eat. But I’ll be good all this afternoon and tomorrow too. I’m thinking of just having one fast day as I’m nearly there where I want to be weight wise. Still, the last 4 pounds will have to go sooner or later.

Bye for now!! Keep going girlies!!

really a great idea but you are too far from me .i will find one who is near me .

Hi all

how is everyone doing? I managed to drop another 2lbs last week so SUPER happy to now only have 3 lbs left to go to my “perfect” weight. I am actually at the point where i am very comfortable, all my clothes fit perfectly (actually have 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of chino style trousers that are too big!) and i need to go and get some new bras! I always seem to lose a little on my bust but also around my back, so its more that i’ve dropped from a 34 to a 32 as opposed to a cup size. My partner told me not to worry about the last 3 lbs. And part of me things yeah why not just drop to 1 day a week fast and leave it as it is. BUT in the spirit of determination, on the other hand, why not just go on for a couple more weeks and drop the last 3lbs and make the scales read what i want them to?!!

Tomorrow is my next fast and then thursday. Had a great weekend with 2 bbq’s…lots of lean protein and tonnes of salad. A little bread and quite a bit of wine but still losing weight so i’m good with that! We are having a BBQ in a couple of weeks for my youngest daughter’s birthday and my ex in laws will be present so i am looking forward to “revealing” the new 1 stone lighter me!

Other than all that the exam is looming ever nearer and i have a tonne of work to do for that, plus i am super busy at work. So all in all the next couple of weeks should fly by easily and hopefully i will be at the golden weight before i notice it.

Hope everyone is set for a good week? Happy fasting!

Mxx

Hi Marysia40, well done!!! You have done so well!!! I am really struggling at the moment so wanted to know how much you’ve lost and how long it took you, can you let me know so I can be inspired? I have a holiday coming up in 6 weeks and DESPERATELY NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT!!! Please let me know how you achieved your goal……….

Wow, Marysia, you must be SOOOO proud of yourself! Brilliant! Keep on going to get rid of the last 3 pounds and you’ll be so happy! Hope to get there soon too!

Katser, I find it at times a bit more challenging than at other times. At the moment I’m having an FD free week. Feels good too. I still try to not overdo things. I try to go hour by hour, if I feel a bit wobbly. Or I try to be really busy. That’s difficult as I’m not working at the moment. That’s another reason why I struggle a bit more these days. But hey! Let’s stick together and work on it! I feel very inspired by all your comments, no matter if they are positive or not. It’s good to know that someone else goes trough a tough patch as I might do too. So, if it doesn’t work one week then it will work another week. Just don’t loose your spirit! If one fast day is rubbish then have another one the next day, or the next week. Don’t punish yourself or feel totally demotivated. We are all the same!! We help each other! Go on! Post your thoughts even if you feel you’re not doing well. Someone still can help you and cheer you up, bring you back on track!Don’t hesitate to ask for help! Keep going! You’ll get there too!

So I’m back having not been on here for a few months. Travelling with work got in the way but not doing so much at the moment. I’ve adapted the 5:2 at the moment by not having breakfast most days (easier than I thought), upping the exercise to around 3 times a week and really watching what Im eating (really restricting calories 2-3 times/week). I find half the battle is finding low cal food to eat! So have the odd indulgence but have lost 6lb in 3 weeks so feel good about that. Still 2 stone to go.

Hi topcat7000, nice to have you back! Good for you to have lost that much weight! The rest will go too. It’s all about finding your own way of getting rid of cravings and the munchies. I havent’ done any FD over the past 10 days and have kept my weight. I’m pretty happy about it.

Does anybody else have news here? Let’s hear it! Talk to you tomorrow! Good night all!

Morning all, still plodding along, trying to shift some weight before my holidays in July. Started back to 5:2 yesterday but failed miserably by 8pm hunger took hold!!! Never mind, picking myself up again today and will start AGAIN!! How’s everyone doing?

Ho ive just started the diet- does anyone want to buddy up? I am finding it easier than I thought but need encouragement to maintain it! My emails natalyav771@hotmail.com

Wedding – help! Need motivation

I am getting married in 6 weeks. I have been on a fitness and diet regime for months and had got to my near perfect weight. 5 weeks ago I broke my collarbone and have not been able to exercise and as a consequence have over eaten and now my dress is going to be too small! My stomach is he first place to stack on the weight and in just four weeks have put on two inches!

Anyone have any advice how I can do this in such a short space of time? Or anyone motivate me by saying their results are good? I need motivation!

hi
    my long holiday in May was very busy, and I came home just in time for surgery ( reconstruction after canser ) Doing fairly well, I kept fastdays up to / incl day of surgery. But since it’s been impossible due to feeling sick because of antibiotics- and sweet stoff seem to help. On mend now as last tablet eaten 🙂 .. Back to first FD today, but I’m not allowed to lift more than a lb with left arm, and no excercise for a while. Weight is constant, but hope it will shift a bit during summer..

Good to see both ‘new’ and ‘old’ in here.. Encouraging to know we’re in this together, and that eventually we get there..

Beth..shakey : you can do this !! Eat sensibly, do your 2 FD as best you can, and maybe you can go for walks insted of doing regular exercise. Fretting too much make things worse, and lots of people do loose an aweful lot quick if they stick to the 5:2. Go girl — this will get you where you want to be and your weddingday will be a marvelous day 🙂

Hi JohnAnne! Great to see you’re back and got that surgery well behind you! Hope you’re feeling a lot better these days and get back into your FD slowly. But don’t worry too much about it. Take one step after another. You’ll get there in the end! I’ll be thinking of you and your fabulous progress!

I have still not done another fast day. And despite all I got down to my goal weight of 62kg this morning!! Yeah!! I think I might have battled the food demons for a while. I’m not sure if this will last forever but I’m so much better at the moment then in January with 7,5 kg more on my hips. But I think I will want to get rid of another 2 to 3kg over the summer.

Beth.shakey, welcome to the group! You’ll see the support is great here. When you do your fasting try to move as much as you can and really stick to the calories on Non-Fast-Days!!! Really really important! Try to avoid elevators etc. Things that move YOU won’t burn your calories. Climb up and downstairs and you’ll have the result sooner or later. You go girl! Let us know how you’re getting on! Someone will be here to catch you should you ever fall… 😉

Hello?? Is anybody out there? Where are you guys?

Hello, yes I would like a buddy. I have 10lbs to lose and tomorrow, Monday will be my first fast day. I did this about a year ago and stopped doing it for a reason, I no longer remember. I need to get back to my desired weight and shape. I’m 62, active, love summer. Tell me about yourself.

Hi everyone. I would love a diet buddy, always strength in numbers 🙂 I am 37 stay at home mum of 3 married and live in the Cotswolds. I haven’t done the 5:2 before and I need to lose 4 stone in 12 months as we have just booked our summer holiday abroad next year. I could do with some advice with getting active and what I should be doing on the ‘normal’ eating days. I have a Pug call George, 3 cats, 2 guinea pigs and 2 fish, oh and a husband!

Hi I’m here !!

Hi furbie and welcome:

The average weight loss on 5:2 is about a pound a week, so your goal is within reach. This thread will answer most of your questions – start with number 1 and go from there: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Marks and furbie!! Great to have you!! I’m 50 now and have started the 5:2 this january. I’ve lost 7kg (I think that’s about a stone or a bit more). I’ve not been good with diets in general where you are either too restricted or have to eat only certain things. I find it unnatural and frustrating. If you fast it’s a lot easier. It’s only a day at a time and totally “doable”. I got through some more difficult times with the support of some great people here. If you read through the posts you’ll understand what I mean. I got to my first goal of 62kg two weeks ago. I think however, there’s a bit more to go. So, I will continue FD. I usually look at the posts on a daily basis.

Good luck to both of you and don’t hesitate to post anything. Specially if you feel a bit down. That’s when you need the support here most! So, go for it!!!! Talk later!

Hi Bussymummynell. I posted on this site last week but it hasn’t shown up?? Don’t know what’s happened. Had a dreadful time recently, have gained about 6 lbs over last 3 weeks, just haven’t been focused and so weight has slowly crept up. Fasting today and hoping to be more focused. Hope you are doing well?

Hi katser12! Nice to see you’re back here! It’s really weird that there were no posts whatsoever! Well, my work has come to an end (I was teaching) and therefore I’ve got more time to go and see the posts. I’m sorry to hear that you had a hard time. Shell we fast together again? I have stopped about 3 weeks ago as I have reached my goal weight.So I’m dead happy about that. Now it’s boiling hot here in France, we’ve got over 41C in the shade at times… so no fasting for me. But I will do a bit with you, maybe once a week? What do you think? To be honest, even though I’m not eating half as much as I used to my weight is fluctuating a bit. So a fast day a week will do me good.

Let me know! I’m up for it! Take care and drink lots of water and green tea! Think about this: when you drink cold water and green tea, the body needs more energy to warm it up to body temperature. It helps loosing weight! Good luck and talk to you latet!

Hi Busymummynell, so great to hear from you again. I think it’s a great idea to fast together, so, yes please, let’s do it. I saw from your earlier post that you are 50, me too!!!! My goal weight is 9 st 13 lbs and I’m up again to 10 st 11 lbs so am ‘really fed up’. I did so well last summer and got to 10st 2lbs, so even if I just get back to that, I’d be more than content. I am a Chiropractor and have 2 clinics and work full time. I also have 2 teenage sons and a dog so consider myself pretty active but, nevertheless, still have to work so hard to keep the weight off.I am off to France in a couple of weeks time, we’re going to Languedoc region so can’t wait, hopefully it will still be hot!! What about you, are you having a holiday? Thanks once again for your great advice, it really does help.

You know, katser, we are not far off weight wise either! You are 10st11 and I am 9st8. I’ll be fasting this Thursday again. Just bought a swimsuit with my daughter to go to the swimming pool tomorrow. The other one was falling off me…. well not really but it was mainly very old and stretched 😉 . You’ll be great in 2 weeks time for your hols! I know that!! Think about the lovely Languedoc area, it’ll motivate you to fast! I’m back on sucking sugar free mints. I find it helps me staying away from sweets. I’m not over it yet but I’m getting better. I find it easier now to judge if I’m hungry or just bored and fancy chocolate. But it was a tough lesson. So, when is your next FD? I don’t have to fast on THursday. Let me know!!

Hi busymummynell, lovely to hear from you. It’s nice of you to say, but we’re not really close weight wise, I am a good stone heavier than you!!!! But hopefully, that will change. First fast day went well, doing another on Thu. You must be so delighted with your weight loss. Just as a matter of interest, what height are you? 9 st 8 lb would not be achievable for me EVER as I am big boned!!!! I really want to get down in clothes size and STAY THERE!!! Never mind, one fast day at a time. Let me know if you are fasting Thu. Good luck.

Hi katser, yes I’ll be fasting Thursday too. And to be honest, to me 9.8 and 10.11 doesn’t sound like much of a difference. I’m not used to stones and stuff…. 😉 I’m 1m74. Don’t know what that is in inches and feet. So, I must have been your actual weight when I started as I lost about 7kg and a size in clothes. Yes, it feels fab but having been to the pool today with my daughter and her friends I think I could lose another few kgs. I have to say, I’m not on the slim side, I’m rather broad boned and will never fit into a size 8 or so. Never. And I don’t worry about it either, I just wanted to feel better and be in a better shape. The kids are growing up and we all move around more. Last year I was out of breath when climbing up the road to take my girl to school. Now I don’t. I also think I have become a lot more conscious about food. I don’t feel like missing out when I say no to a biscuit or a cake. I’m fine with a little bit and avoid a second helping. And my body has learned that he is not hungry and tells me so. I try to listen. That’s often the hardest. But as you say, day by day we’ll get there! Both of us. And you know, losing a stone is’nt all that hard. Good luck today and talk to you tomorrow!

Wow busymummynell, You must be really slim at 1.74 metres, I would be delighted at that weight. I’m 1.7m and the lowest I ever got to was 9st 13 lbs ( for about 2 days when I had a serious tummy bug years ago)!!!!!! You are a great inspiration, I’m determined to shift this weight because I so want to be happy in what I wear, which, at present I’m not. Did you lose 7kg over about 6 months? Looking forward to catching up again, great to see your posts and thanks so much for your support.

We are more alike than you think!! Yes it took me since January this year to lose 7kg or a stone. I went through phases, at the beginning I was all motivated. When I didn’t shift the weight I thought I would/should, I got frustrated and thought why bother. Then I thought, well let’s try it again, and very slowly the first kilo came off. It took forever. But from then on it went steady until I reached a plateau. Nothing worked. I had to cut back the calorie intake drastically and move a lot more, then it continued to melt away. But at times it was so hard. You can see it in my posts: I depended so much on your and the other posts just to motivate me not to binge on whatever. So it went in waves, sometimes the weight went, on other days I put on some. But then that motivated me to work harder. I went on daily walk though the hills around here. I tried to walk for an hour or so.I got myself the fitbit, actually it’s a garmin. That helped me to stay motivated too. About 3 weeks ago I decided to try and stop fasting for a bit to see if my weight goes up again. But so far it stayed off. Howeve, for our holidays in August, we’ll go to England (yes!) and I want to lose maybe another kilo or two. I’ll see…

Hi busymummynell, not only are you slim, you’re a great motivator too!! Thanks again for your encouragement, I walked today for just over an hour and, when tempted, said no to chocolate. Each time I want something naughty, I try to think about my holiday and wearing something nice instead. Hubby took me shopping yesterday to buy summer clothes, I bought a dress, didn’t come out of changing cubicle to show him cos too shy, got home, put it on to show him and his reaction was ‘Ohhh, that really shows off your size, makes your hips look really big’!!! Thanks for that dear, I thought!!!!! So, even more determined to try to shed in next 2 weeks. Where in England are you going? Hope you have a fabulous holiday. I’m fasting tomorrow, good luck to you if you are. One day at a time…..

You know, katser, I’m a great fan of communicating, anything, no matter if it’s positive or not. Not only will it help me but maybe also others in the same situation.

You should be really proud of yourself to have resisted the call of the choccies! My hubby did something similar to yours. I had bought a new pair of jeans shorts and when I put them on to show him, he said something like, yeah, nice. but his face said something like, hmmm, I’m not so sure. So, you go for it! Don’t let any comments get you down, even if they are meant nice but the truth somehow shines through. In two weeks you can achieve a lot. Be determined and everytime you feel like giving in, hear me say, no, not yet. Just another hour, go for a walk or run up and down the stairs… Whatever gets you going! Because, if I can do it, you can!!

We’ll be going a little bit everywhere in England. So, first stop will be London in general. We’ve got family in St. Alban’s, some friends in Reading and Camberly, then we’ll drive further north towards Birmingham to visit some friends and finish the lot off with a visit to hubby’s family in and around Manchester. It’ll be a lot of driving. I do dread it a bit… Are you driving to the Languedoc area or will you fly to, what, Marseille? I’ll fast tomorrow too! See you then!!

Hi busymummynell, Sounds like we’re doing the same amount of driving, yes, we’re driving to Languedoc, stopping for overnight at old Orleans then following day long drive to resort. Can’t wait, I’m like a little child every time we go on holiday (only once a year), won’t be able to sleep the night before due to so much excitement, my hubby thinks I’m loopy!!!! Sort of looking forward to tomorrow………..

It’s great to be a bit “loopy”! Keeps things alive! See you tomorrow, we’re trying to convince he kids to go to bed. They’re exhausted. It was over 40C here the last week. See ya!

…and it’s 2hrs later here than the time on the post says…

Hi katser, how was your week? How did it go on your fast day? I did ok. Just ok. Let me know how you are! Take care!

Hi busymummynell, it’s so weird, I’ve posted 3 times in last 2 days in reply to you, but none OF them have shown up!!!! I’m so happy to have finished first 2 days of fasting which went well. Just one week to go before holiday, SO EXCITED!!!!! How you doing? Wondering if I should send you my email, do you think that’s a good idea?

Hi busymummynell, just wondered how you doing?

Hi Busymummynell, where are you? Nobody seems to be around………

Hi Katser12 – sorry for leaving you to it alone in here .. I’m home for a few days.
    Haven’t had an easy run after surgery in easly June. However, made myself
    go on the scales and to my amazement I hadn’t put on at all. So that gave
    me the motivation to get working or rather fasting again..

I see you are about to leave on holiday . Hope your FD goes well before that.
    When on holiday I take for granted you stop your FD’s and just enjoy the
    holiday , or ??

Hi JohnAnne, thanks for reply. I’m not going to fast whilst on holiday, too restrictive. Have only managed 1 fast this week so taking a break til I return from holiday. Still got a lot more to lose but hopefully will return with renewed vigor. Hope you are doing well?

Hi Katser12,

sounds like a good idea to drop fast for holidays. Important both for mind and body I believe.. Have just finished my sencond fast this week, and will try again on
    friday ( doing 800 x 3 as my body doesn’t cope with 500 only..). Been very motivated this week… Off to our cabin tomorrow, and get the first 2 guest arriving a few hours after we arrive. One’s my cousin and she eats every 3 hrs : will be a laught as I usually only eat twice, or three times counting a snack :). Guess I’ll do the ‘please help ypurselves’ -deal 🙂

Have a wonderful holiday !!

Hi all, where is everyone….? I’m out here all alone……….

Hi guys, just found this site and am also new to this diet. I fast Mondays and Fridays and am keen to fine someone to buddy up with or just chat and compare stories/recipes/tips etc?
    Message me if your interested!
    Sarah

Hi katser!!! You’re not alone!! We just came back from a week in Tignes… it was hot. Now we’re trying to sort stuff out that’s flying around everywhere and expect friends for lunch in about an hour….. I’ll write later!! Hope you’re well!

Hi katser!! I just read the last few posts from a week ago. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you that we were going away for a week and you had to wait for a reply. I would love to have your email so we can stay in touch even if this site doesn’t work properly from time to time! Mine is: corneliascreawn@hotmail.com. hope you get this message before you go on your well deserved holidays!! I’m so proud of you to have done two days of fasting! Well done! I will have to start again this week. Last week in Tignes the kids did a summer ski camp. Hubby and I were walking a lot around the area. It’s beautiful there. I’ve never been to a ski resort in the summer apart from our home town. But when I stepped on the scales this morning I was really happy to see that I put on only a pound. Although I ate like mad there, I was SO hungry! All this walking around every day… Please stay in touch! I enjoy your posts! Take care and see you soon! How long will you be gone?

Hi JohnAnne, nice to see you’re back too! How are you doing after your surgery? I was thinking of you! Hope all is well! Let us know how you getting on!

Hi busymummynell and John Anne and SarahMc. Only just got your messages but zoological pleased you’re all there!!! I’m in Cazhilac, South of France, weather is amazing and such a beautiful place. Not able to fast at all this week so worried I will gain LOADS!!!!! Never mind, I am on holiday so will resume on Monday. How are you all doing? P.S. internet connection here is very poor so if I don’t reply, it’s only because I can’t, not because I don’t want to. Good luck all.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 568 total)

You must be logged in to reply.