Cottage Pie

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  josieml 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• This was our first meal when we started the diet. We bought Mimi’s new book out in March but are confused by the revised cottage pie recipe which now has more meat (and more calories) but otherwise exactly the same ingredients and amounts. However, it is now shown as being two helpings not four as in the original. Does anyone if the new recipe has a mistype? Frankly I don’t think we could possibly eat half each in one sitting!!!

Hi I have just cooked the Lightweight Cottage Pie, my recipe said 250g lean minced beef and served 4 people. I found it just right, particularly as you serve nothing else with the cottage pie, the veggies are in it. May be yours has a typo, I could not eat half of it!

No we couldn’t eat half either. We think it is a typo but no one else has replied. Perhaps I’ll need to write to Mimi.

I think it is a typo. I have the Fast Cook book and it lists 300 grams of lamb – which is a lot for two servings, not to mention everything that goes into the dish.

I was confused too – I got my version from a fast diet newsletter but before I even made it I went to check. I found a different version of the recipe, credited to Mimi on another website : for 4 serves, 243 cals per portion, the recipe should be 250gm extra lean mince. All else was the same. Going to try it tonight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.