Chewing Gum

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mahalo 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Hi there well day 3 of starting the diet and today was my second fast day .. So all good so far. Just wondered, as I chew a lot of gum, if you need to add this to the calorie count ?

Hi Kolojo:

Yes, a calorie is a calorie.

I thought as much haha .. I just went over my 500 cal today then (sighs!)

Hi Kolojo:

No big deal, but over the course of a year, depending on how many sticks you chew a day, it can add up to over 3 pounds a year worth of calories.

The doctors I know that chew gum chew sugar free.

Wow good to know thanks ! Yes I chew sugar free too

I’ve been on 5:2 for just over three weeks and feel like I live on chewing gum but it hasn’t make a difference to results 4 pound in first week 2 in second and 4 and a half in the third, it is sugar free through. If my weight loss slows down I’ll try cutting it out. Hope that helps x

Hi Kolojo,

funny synchronicity – I was thinking about chewing gum the other day, since I have not had one in a whole year. When I started my new WON last August I just stopped it. And I got the impression – used to be a heavy user – that it helped me a lot.

Is there a correlation between chewing gum and raising appetite maybe? Or boosting the stomach juices? And if you do not chew you are getting along better? Just wondering myself.

Best and FFF! always
    Mahalo 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply.