Checking in for my 5th week

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Summerannie 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Hi all, firstly I have to apologise for enjoying and reading your posts each day and getting reassurance and ideas without actually posting myself for a couple of weeks! I thought I would touch base today with how I’m going. My initial weight loss within the first 2 weeks was wonderful losing around 1.5 kilos. Weeks 2&3 were a bit slower but steady. This week I’m up slightly instead of down after a really good fast day yesterday. I’ve lost a total of 3.5 kilos in 4.5 weeks, but had hoped to lose 5.5 kilos in the 6 weeks for a wedding I’m going to in 2 weeks, so a little disheartened as I don’t think I will make it. I know my downfall could be my couple of wines each day on Friday to Sunday but really need to unwind on the weekends. I can see that I’m thinner though but it’s not very noticeable to others yet. I’ve lost around 12cm all up but half of that on my bust measurement, would have preferred more off my tummy! As far as the fast days? I can manage more easily now by waiting till 1pm for my first meal of soup or salad. I’m really hungry by dinner and have protein like steak or fish with salad. I think I could go on living this way, however I must say that at the end of a fast day I feel a bit weak and pale. I’m fine again after my main meal for the day. I hope these fast days get a bit easier. I still really have 6 more kilos to lose to feel happy and wear what I’d like to wear so I’m thinking it will be a couple more months. Really looking forward to my clothes being way too loose to wear, as that would be a true sign of success, for now they are slightly loose as I’m getting smaller in my arms etc rather than large amounts from my tummy or hips. Hopefully that will suddenly happen when I have no more to lose from those areas? Good luck to all, have a great day 🙂

Hi Summerannie.

I too am in my fifth week and seen results comparable to yours! I have lost 2.5kgs, 10cm from my waist and 5cm from my hips!

I am finding that I feel really weak by the end of a fast day and I am not much fun to be around! If I get to the point where I feel really faint, I eat a muesli bar around 4pm and that usually gets me through to tea!!!

Good luck on your journey!

Thank you Poot09, it’s good to know others are going through the same thing! You’ve lost more around your waist and hips though, you must be feeling it in your clothes? I will keep in mind the Muslei bar for the afternoons. I suppose it’s a case of perseverence though to get to goal for me! I must say two people have commented on how good my skin looks these days, so I don’t know how it works but 5:2 must be good for the complexion? Cheers Annie.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply.