buddy needed

This topic contains 119 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Lindanaf 9 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 120 total)

• Hi again – I usually don’t have breakfast on FD… as i find it ‘wakens the hunger beast’. Instead i have my black coffee and then drink Fruit infused water all day before dinner of Fish and Steamed Veg. I may have an apple, miso soup or Celery throughout the day if i’m super hungry.

I generally don’t count calories on Non FD either. But at the same time i’ve never had a problem with eating healthy more just the amount of food i actually eat. So the IF has helped me have smaller servings – i literally get too full to eat anymore!

Hi suejen and welcome:

The key to 5:2 is doing your two diet days correctly – 5/600 cal. or less. If you are losing weight at an acceptable rate over time, there is no need to worry about what you are eating on your non diet days.

However, if you are doing your diet days correctly and stop losing weight for over a month to six weeks or so, and maybe even gain over that time period, then you are eating too much on your non diet days. If you want to correct that, you need to cut back, and some people start that process by counting calories for a few days to help spot their trouble foods (although they usually know anyway).

Some people come to 5:2 without any idea of how many calories they have been eating and for them it is helpful to count for a week or two so they start to get an idea of how few calories their bodies need to continue to operate. If you look at the maintenance threads, you will hear much discussion on how little they must eat to maintain their new, much lower weights.

Ultimately, unless you come to grips with how little food you must eat to both lose and maintain your weight loss, you will be unsuccessful. 5:2 teaches you that, and one way to keep the weight off, but ultimately it is up to you – as always with anything, diets included.

Good Luck!

Just calculated how many calories I’ve got left over for dinner this evening – not as many as I thought – oops. Should have pre-planned. Will go over about 50cal so not too disastrous. Never realised that beef is fairly high in calories. A learning curve!

HI Buddies I had a great fast day today – my best yet, so I guess everyone is right in saying that it gets easier. I SORT OF believed everyone (sceptic aren’t I?!) but now I have the proof. I had breakfast (egg & 1 shortcut bacon). Then had a hot Vegemite drink as had a slight headache already. Then lots of water. But the major change is that I didn’t get ANY hunger pains/pangs & was quite comfortable all day, not thinking about food. Yeah!! That was so much easier than last week. Then had a yummy meal out of an Australian Women’s Weekly 2-day Fast Diet book (saw in the supermarket). Apologies to those outside Australia but some excellent meals in there! The meal was Baked Curry Fish with Broccolini and Rice for 310 cals. So I think my total is pretty much 500 cals with a couple of hot drinks.
    So all in all a great day plus an hour of Pilates to boot. Hope you’ve all had good days too? Who was fasting today & how did you go??? suejen

Well done suejen! The W.W. book is a good idea, thanks. I’ve lost weight in just 1 week so am feeling optimistic about being more mindful of being consistent with a long term healthy eating plan. Cheers N

Hi All, Friday already! Weighed this morning, and it’s a sts day for me. Boo.
    Oh well, there’s always next week. Suejen, if you use the tracker up the top of the page to track your weight and measurements, your tdee comes up. I don’t count at all on non fast days, but I am in the exact same “boat” as you regarding the thought of food now. It was a surprise to me how this happened, as I imagined, after a fast day, just wanting to eat everything that I didn’t get to eat “yesterday”
    Hey, 19Aly, well done for not caving in to the brownie! You can have it today! If you still want it that is…
    Some days do seem more difficult than others. I find if I’m home and inside , the temptation is there. Being outside, or just busy, helps the distraction.
    Keep up the great work! 🙂

Hi everyone,
    Today I stood on the scales and worked out I’d lost 6lbs since 13th January. I know I’m only at the start of this journey but it proves even if you are travelling and living in a hotel, the process can work. I just have to remember the eat all you like breakfast on a fast day means black tea. Even when the rest of my colleagues are eating Danish and fried eggs. May be I should rename it a drink all you like.
    Great to read how you are all getting on. So many positive comments but I understand the comment about not waking the breakfast monster.
    Maz

Mazbird I think that’s incredible! I’ve never managed to stick to any diet while living in a hotel for work with other colleagues. You are one fantastic lady so well done, when it must be so hard with others eating around you!
    Been pretty quiet around here lately so hope everyone’s doing OK and will be back on tomorrow with news, updates, encouragement and support for each other.
    Lindanaf I found the TDEE and updated it and today it’s been extremely helpful. We ate out and I had a glass of wine but using My Fitness Pal I was able to stay well within my calorie limits. So I’m very happy with that & will keep using it for a while. It’s so easy to use – I’ve used others in the past but this is soo much better.
    One thing that’s been a radical change for me is my lack of desire to snack in the evenings. That used to be my worst ever time & I was really bad. But now I have no cravings. I have a cuppa of herbal tea usually & then I’m done – and sometimes one square of dark chocolate. Amazing the changes that 5:2 and fast days can bring about.
    Hope you’re all having a great 5:2 weekend and hope to hear from you all tomorrow & how you’ve been getting along.
    suejen

Hi all….hey we’re doing well!I’m doing a fast tomorrow -Monday. Have found I’m not interested in snacking either which is great. Good luck for this week 🙂

Hi guys, Weigh day for me today and I seem to be on a plateau 🙁 But never mind, 6k down, 6 to go. I know by now after doing this for 6 months, there will be good weeks and not so good weeks, but in the long run(and basically, that’s what it is) the zig zag line will go down!
    Have a lovely weekend all 🙂

Lindanaf 6 ks down I will be very happy when I hit that mark – good on you!! Don’t worry about that plateau. I look at my graph & it’s all ups and downs but it’s heading generally downwards, so hang in there. You know you’re doing the right thing for your body & eating much better so what’s not to like?!
    Down 400gr after yesterday’s FD so so long as I behave myself over the weekend all should be good for my official weigh-in on Tuesday.

What about everyone else????
    suejen

Hi Lindanaf – i’ve been reading about plateaus lately and sometimes they recommend having a binge day to ‘shock’ your metabolism into action.
    Unfortunately i’ve had a pretty off week this week 🙁 Fasting today… has gone ok – but not as well as my usual FD. I did 5:2 this week as i had interstate friends around and functions to attend.
    I’m going to start a fresh, positive, 4:3 next week.
    Well done to all those who had another great WOE week and good luck for the weekend.
    Happy Valentine’s Day to you all! i hope you all get spoilt 🙂

Hi 19 and welcome:

Eating a lot of food really does not help you lose weight.

It really is not a plateau unless you have not lost any weight for a month or more. – see number 3 in this post: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

If it is less than a month, probably just normal up/down weight variations conspiring to make it look like you are not losing.

Good Luck!

Hi Simcoeluv,

Not quite new… and not plateauing myself. Also not saying to eat a load of food. What i’m saying is eat to your TDEE or as close as you can… most people don’t go anywhere close to this on their NonFD. Also not saying to do it on every NonFD… just one day… it’s what i’ve read.

I understand that you’re the veteran around here… but i think it’s important that everyone reads and tries new things… this, after all, is what this forum is about… to help and support those on the 5:2.

Hi 19:

Well, I guess we disagree. I am always interested when someone giving advice to a person trying to lose weight tells them to eat more calories. Those that believe in the ‘starvation mode’ myth come to mind. So I don’t think advising people that are trying to lose weight to eat more constitutes help or support.

Short term ‘plateaus’, or even weight gains, are just water weight/food in transit weight daily variations if the person is following 5:2 correctly. Any advice for them to eat more calories is advice that is not helpful to their weight loss goal. All they need to do is continue following their diet and their ‘plateau’ will go away without them doing anything different. Now the way the body works, the ‘plateau’ may go away if they do eat more (see some recent posts), but it also would have gone away if they howled at the moon instead. However, neither would be the cause of the end of the ‘plateau’ (but howling at the moon would be more beneficial for weight loss than eating more food).

Hi Suejen, I used to weigh on a Monday, because that was the day I started. But I like weighing on a Friday now, cos I can be a bit indulgent on the weekend!. You are brave doing your weigh on Tuesday! Good luck 🙂
    Hi 19Aly, I think I know where you’re coming from 🙂 Some people don’t eat enough on non fast days, so a fast day hardly seems any different, so a big eat day might spur on a calorie burn on the following fast day…?
    Maybe I’m not technically on a plateau…but I am sticking to this! Been on it too long to just give up over a hiccup 😉 Yes, my graph is doing the zig zag, but a downward zag in the long run.
    Cheers guys 🙂

Hi everyone. I did 2 fasts this week and feel quite good. I’m not going to worry about measuring my waistline each week.Reduced last week so will wait a couple of weeks before I get the tape measure out again. My aim is to develop a healthier way of eating for the long term. Any weight loss will be a bonus along the way. Have found that I don’t feel like eating large quantities on non fast days and am not wanting to snack in between meals, so think I’m on the right track so far. I need to drink more water on non fast days. It seems that people lose weight in different ways. I can remember years ago following a weight watchers diet after an extended overseas trip and only losing 1 ounce in 2 months! When I returned to work I lost the excess weight in short period of time without being on any special diet. So what works for you, just do it. I had my gall bladder removed last year and I feel that having fast days could be beneficial for me. Time will tell! So everyone, work out what works best for you. We’re all different. If we consume healthy food in reasonable proportions and move about more, we should eventually reach a healthy weight. Give yourselves a pat on the back because we’re all trying our best……and it’s Valentine’s Day tomorrow 🙂

Hi Necie totally agree with developing a healthier way of eating long term. Yes! And yes it’s great to talk about what each of us is doing, but everyone in hte long run is doing what works for them. Pat on the back yes for sure.

Lindanaf I’m thinking along your lines too. See I’m sneaky….I have my indulgences on the weekend then I have a Monday fast to get myself back on track!! Works for me anyway. Eg looking forward to a wine tonight. And yes the downward zigzag is the go.

Aly good to have you here. And great to hear that you’re adapting the WOL to FIT with your life, which should be what the Fast Diet is for us.

Have had a good day & recorded my calories on MFP. Well under even with a good glass of wine so all good. Have a great weekend everyone with a few indulgences carefully planned – unless of course you’re fasting! suejen

Wow Monday here already. Another fast day for most here.
    Necie, I’m the same regarding not wanting to snack as much as before. Funny isn’t it how we change our habits. There was a time when I wouldn’t leave the house for work or any sort of drive, without taking some thing to snack on “in case I got hungry”! I hated to feel hungry! Now I just take water, and if I do feel hungry, it’s not the end of world.
    Suejen, I always look forward to a wine or two on Friday night, and Sat night!
    I Never drink wine on fast days, though. It just doesn’t feel right. After all, the idea of fasting is to cleanse the body. There are some lovely herb teas out now. I just bought a new one by Blooms called Digestion. It’s really yum!
    I think I’ll go make some now.
    Have a great day 🙂

HI buddies. Yes certainly have to agree re snacks. Mostly I just don’t even think about them. And Linda I was the same as you, always went with some kind of snack bag etc, & now mostly just water too. Amazing how we become so used to just constant grazing & the thought of feeling hunger was too scary I think.

Yes I too enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine on Fri & Sat. A lovely treat to look forward to. But I’ve also get some lovely herbal teas – really getting into them. I’ve got quite a range now. FD today so will be drinking quite a few.
    Have a great day all esp if it’s fast day for you. sj

Hello buddies, Tuesday today ,yay! I can have some fruit! I don’t usually have fruit on fast days, as it seems to make me want to eat more (fruit) How can you stop at one plum or nectarine? And mangoes… mmm
    I like herbal teas too, suejen. I just bought another one called Blooms Body Shape. It has Yerba mate, nettle, silver linden flowers, liquorice root and more!
    I’ve been reading a bit about yarba mate, as I had never heard of it before. It’s rather good for you from what I’ve read so far. Clarity of mind and appetite suppressant are just a few positives. And it tastes good too!
    Have a lovely day 🙂

Hi buddies another auccessful FD done and dusted. Weighed in today and just .1 shyfof 3kg lost in 3 weeks. Soo happy with that. Never achieved those kind of losses before.
    Lindanaf have to look for the Blooms teas esp the one you mentioned..sounds great! I too avoid fruit on a fast day just can’t do it. Had a yummy zucchini muffin for breakfast…even managed ti bake them on a FD with no worries! Sj

Hello all,
    Thanks for your positive words. I’m into my 5th week of 5:2 or 4:3 for me. I struggled last week as I haven’t been eating enough on my non FD which make my FD a little difficult. This week has been much better and much more positive on my note.
    Who doesn’t love a good wine here and there?
    It’s another FD today for me. I have my lemon hot water and water ready to go. I find that when i crave a piece of fruit (cause i also LOOOOOOVE my fruit) i have a pukka cinnamon tea – they are delicious and cinnamon really hits the sweet spot and helps level out the blood sugar. But i’m keen as a bean to try new herbal teas. Do you ever find them a bit of a hit and miss though? i wish they had taste tester bags… sometimes you just waste tea bags because the tea is just not what you thought it would be.
    Suejen well done on your weight loss!!! In fact well done everybody. I did not weigh or take my measurements when i started but the comments of how i’ve shrunk and parts have changed…. but more importantly how determined i am to stick with this WOL. They just don’t understand how simple and good for you this is! Not to mention to online support we get 🙂 Raising my lemon water to you all, Cheers!

Good morning buddies:)
    Since starting 5:2 I’ve really started eating a lot of zucchini, I suppose because they are so low in calories, but also versatile and delish! I haven’t tried the muffins yet, though.
    Hi 19Aly, yes, we all need positive words, don’t we! A few people get so serious on the forums, very off putting.
    I haven’t tried pukka cinnamon tea, it sounds just what you need for a sweet fix. Are they in the supermarket? I have so many different teas in my cupboard now, I think I need a bigger one! If I find I’m not keen on one, I make a big pot and put 3 or 4 different bags in, ( I have a huge 2lt teapot) and that helps get rid of the yuk ones. Green tea is one of those.
    And yes, this wol/woe is so easy now! My friends keep saying Oh ! you’ve lost so much weight! but don’t you get hungry? And I say …well it’s only two days…
    So happy days ahead, guys! 😉

Zucchini is a sure winner!! I also love cauliflower at the moment. I’ve been substituting Zucchini for spaghetti and Cauliflower for Rice!
    Sorry there a 2 types of cinnamon tea that i like the best one is from the higher living range which you can buy at your local supermarket.
    Goodness that’s a big tea pot!! what a great idea!

Hi there buddies 🙂 (start again…I just lost my post!!! )
    Thursday turned into a half a fast day, as hubby asked me out to lunch! Can’t refuse that! We went to Kingscliff Bowls club, and sat by the window watching the storm whip up the surf.
    So Friday was fast day this week, and went ok. No breaky, as usual, because I start work at 5am and finish at 9am, It’s easy not to bother. Didn’t have lunch either… as a meeting I went to at 11am went on and on! So fish and veg for dinner. Only thing is being Friday, I crumbled and had a few reds.
    This morning I weighed and thought damn, I shouldn’t have had those wines, but the scale God was happy today, and granted me 100g! Off! So 62.9 this morning. Very pleased indeed 🙂
    Aly, I still haven’t cauli rice. It’s so dear to buy. Maybe when it gets colder, it might get cheaper. What a scrooge I am lol !
    Have a lovely weekend 🙂

Have a lovely weekend,

Hello to all. A lot of people seem to like the MyFitnessPal but I never found the app so ended up downloading EasyDietDiary by mistake and I love it. I wrote to the developers and they say they are looking in to creating a version that can accommodate the 5:2 way of life so I’d be excited for that. I find it so super easy and just change my profile each day I need to switch calorie count, also get to add in my own recipes (even my mum’s favourites) and it automatically calculates the calories (or kilojoules) for me.

Hello Buddies 🙂
    Fast day again. Had a salad and tuna for lunch and probably have a salad again for dinner, with a bit of left over roast choock.
    Hi Harmony, I found the MFP app too confusing, so thought I’d give the one you mentioned a go, but couldn’t find it on my tablet apps. It was on the computer, and it looked good! but couldn’t get it on the tablet.
    I just use a little calorie counter book, so I guess I’ll just be staying with that. All too technical for me lol !
    Have a good day, guys 🙂

Hi Buddies!
    How is everyone going with their WOE?
    Lindanaf i can’t wait to say i’m in the ‘6s’ it’s going to be a long way off for me though. But congratulations! I didn’t really look at the price of the cauliflower. Not that i’m snobby – i just believe that if it’s going to do me good then so be it. Generally a half will last me for a while though.
    Fast day for me again today – had a very good fast on Monday and was very proud of myself. First time i have not had food until dinner time. I do 4:3 so i’m debating whether i do a B2B today and tomorrow. One of my colleagues has their birthday on Friday so we’ll be having drinks and nibbles on Friday for her – so a usual fast day for me. I’m do love how flexible this WOE is!!!
    Harmony – I use MFP but only for FD to keep a track of the calories. It always has a hissy fit at me that i haven’t eaten enough on those days but that makes me happy in a way. That is very interesting about the app for 5:2 – would like to see that. I used to have an app on my phone that had ‘Fast Day’ and ‘Normal Day’ with the amount of calories i was allowed to eat with it. But i found it annoying and battery draining. Now i have a Post It note with ‘Fast Day’ written on it to put on my computer screen. Not that i need to remind myself that i’m not eating… but it’s just a nice comfort i guess or maybe it’s a will power thing. Who knows!
    AT this point in time i’m really struggling with motivation to go out and exercise. I’ve just been stuck in a rut for so long that it is just ‘easier’ to sit on the couch when i get home from work. Anyone got any good tips to help with this? Apart from ‘Just Do it’?

Hi 19Aly…I use my Facebook account to keep me motivated to exercise. Friends and I post motivating comments/tips/photos/cartoons for encouragement on a timeline post I set up each week. We’re in our 14th week and it works really well. We all do different types of exercise because of different circumstances. However we choose exercise that we enjoy eg one friend loves walking, belongs to a walking group and she also has a dog. I love swimming so I both swim and walk in the pool; and so on. If I read on facebook that a friend has been to the gym or been out walking that makes me feel guilty if I haven’t done anything – so then I’m up and about! I also do a variety of U tube aerobic exercise videos. They’re great as they’re free and short in duration. Just type in the style of exercise you want to do – tai chi, yoga,weight bearing, aerobics, exercises for sitting down – the list goes on. 3 of our group are also doing the 5.2 so we motivate one another for that too. Good luck

Hi buddies, where have the days gone!!
    It’s fast day again! Having veg soup today, easy and tasty, though it is a bit warm today.
    19Aly, I don’t do any formal exercise and still manage to lose weight. Maybe not as fast as some, but I do have a busy job in the mornings, where I’m flat out (cleaning class rooms)so I count that as “incidental exercise”.
    I have been thinking of going to a gym, just to tone the bod a bit.
    Finally bought some cinnamon tea, by Higher Living. It is delish! I’m going to have to get a bigger tea cupboard, or get a little better organised!
    Necie, your exercise group sounds great, very motivating 🙂
    Happy fasting 🙂

Hi Everyone
    Sorry i never replied Necie – i’ve been rather busy at work which i’m loving! FDs are just that little bit easier when the day is busy and flies by! What a great idea about Facebook. It’s great that you have other friends on 5:2 as well. Unfortunately i haven’t been able to convince anyone to do it with me yet but i’m still hopeful that they’ll see my progress and start.
    FD for me as well Lindanaf – i’ve actually started to just have liquid during the day and then have my dinner. I’m finding this easier and easier to do – i never thought it would be possible when i first started 5:2 but it’s working!
    Cleaning is actually really good exercise!! I can’t say i do much like that except walk a little around my building every day.
    I’ve started reading ‘the’ book which has been very insightful for me.
    Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Hi, I’m new here. I’m getting married in 60 days (may 1st) and want to start IF until then. I’m in the U.S. I live in a subrub of Chicago, Illinois. It has been extremely cold here lately. I have full time M-F job and I don’t do well with controling my food intake after work or on the weekends when I have less structure. I need to keep my wedding date in mind and the fact that I don’t feel good about myself when I binge. I’m looking for a buddy I can check in with. I made a list of activities I can do besides binging and talked to my Fiance about not buying as much junk food on our next shopping trip. Does anyone have any other tips?

Hi Silver60
    Welcome! definitely taking some good steps for health in general and of course weight loss.
    Keep busy after work – whether that’s a walk or reading book. Keep your mind off of food. You’ve done well to ask your fiance to take the ‘bad stuff’ out. I find if it’s in the house i’ll eat it… if it’s not there i’m not tempted at all. If you’re really struggling make yourself a hot cup of something – water, tea, coffee, soup, low cal milk, etc.
    You will also find that once you’ve completed your first few fast days that you’re not actually that hungry throughout the day and night. It also will help you understand your hunger. For example if you’re ‘actually’ hungry or if you’re going for food just out of habit, boredom or stress. You can deal with this hunger appropriately.
    We’re here for you Silver if you need to vent or discuss difficulties but this Way of Eating is very doable. The first fast day will be hard but you can do it!
    Good Luck!

Hi Silver60 …..you’re doing well already, taking the first step. I’m doing my 10th fast today so it’s been just over a month. In the early stages I found that planning was the key to success ie. plan the food with calories worked out – keep it simple so you don’t have to spend a lot of time in kitchen on a fast day – and plan your day so that boredom/frustration don’t lead you to the fridge! Keep busy and the time will fly. I keep a diary of my fast day foods and find at this stage I don’t have to spend a lot of time planning. 19Aly is right, that after a while you don’t feel that hungry. This morning I even forgot that I didn’t eat breakfast……didn’t feel hungry!I think we are so conditioned to eat 3 meals a day and snacks in between that we don’t always know what hunger feels like any more. I think it’s important too not to be overly concerned if your calorie count goes over 500 when you start off – your body will adjust in time and you’ll get it right. Keep the junk food for a small treat on a non-fast day. This way of eating is not just to lose weight long term but also to make our bodies healthier. So in time, on non fast days we’ll be eating with nutrition in mind and won’t crave the junk. Above all be kind to yourself.

Hello Silver60, welcome 🙂
    How exciting to have a wedding to look forward to! I’ve never tried IF, so can’t give any tips there. I do 5:2 on Mon and Thurs, weigh on Friday.
    When I first started I would have something like a banana or nuts and seeds for breaky, but soon found I just didn’t need anything. So now I just have a normal cup of coffee with milk, and a salad or soup for lunch, and veg with a little protein for dinner. Some of the cup a soups are quite low in cals. I don’t suppose you would want salad, though, when it’s freezing outside!
    Munch on raw carrots or celery, or miso soup, herbal teas, lots of water, too.
    I just don’t buy junk food at all. No desire to undue the good that a fast day does. You really do change the way you think about food, it’s great!
    Best of luck to you… keep warm 🙂

Hi Everyone!
    I hope you are all doing well this week!
    I just wanted to report in because i’m super excited – I finally went back to the gym last night and rode into work this morning!! The real test will be today as technically it’s a fast day and i’m not too sure how my body/hunger is going to react.
    Silver60 – how are you going with 5:2?
    Necie well done on the 10th fast day – are you looking at losing weight or mainly just health benefits? how’s your journey going?
    Aly

Hey 19! (sounds like a song!)
    Congrats on getting back to the gym! Don’t over do it now! Slow and steady 🙂
    There is a 24 hour gym not far from where I live, which I’ve been meaning to pop into, like weeks ago now, but something always comes up…
    I love bike riding, we do a lot when we go on hols to Vic. They have some lovely Rail Trails there. Not game to ride on busy roads here, though. Good for you, hope you’re not too sore tomorrow. Maybe have a bit more protein today? Not qualified to give advice, just keep up the fluids and the great work 😉
    Have an AWESOME day all 🙂

Thanks Lindanaf for your kind words yesterday.
    I actually ate very healthily yesterday and instead am fasting today. Some days are just not meant to be a fast day – it’s not a failure but a chance to start again today. It’s in the book that some days are just not meant to be.
    It’s up to you if you want to go to the gym… i wish i didn’t have my contract but i do. There’s so much that you can do out doors or even in your own home, especially if you have stairs in your house.
    I haven’t ridden down in Victoria before. I’ve ridden in Brisbane which is great but now i’m in Sydney and they have very limited bike ways and it’s actually quite dangerous to ride around Sydney. But it’s just so lovely to enjoy the world on a bike.
    Happy fast day today!! There’s always tomorrow 😉

Good morning, not a lot of buddies left 🙁
    Yesterday was one of those “I don’t think I can do this” days. Just seemed to feel hungrier than usual. Probably because I didn’t have a proper lunch organised. I ended up just snacking on celery sticks with a rounded tsp of nut butter. I make my own almond butter, it’s yum!
    And then hubby comes home and wants lunch( how dare he lol!) AND dinner!
    I think I do get a bit cranky on FD’s if I haven’t eaten enough.
    Weigh in this morning was good. Another 300g gone. It is slow, but I’d rather be going down slow, than going up, any day!
    19Aly, I haven’t ridden a bike in Brisbane, but I think they have a terrific network of bike ways. I’m in the Gold Coast hinterland, and it’s a bit hilly for me. I used to work in Sydney, Centrepoint building, but got the train in from the southern suburbs. It would be a bit scary riding in town, the traffic down there is so fast now! Keep safe 🙂
    Have a good Friday buddies 🙂

Hi Lindanaf & 19Aly & other buddies….Did a fast yesterday and am finding them a lot easier to do especially if I don’t eat food until lunch time – and the latter is getting easier too. The heat wave in Brisbane probably made it much easier to drink than eat! I have lost 2 inches from waist since I started over a month ago so am happy about that. My goal is to get into a routine of not overeating and making better food choices especially when I go out. Out to lunch with friends on Wednesday and I selected salad sandwich and a pot of tea so am pleased I didn’t have the fried chips and cream cakes 🙂 I didn’t even want to eat the latter so am feeling oh so noble! Swimming is my main exercise – I love being in the water and usually mix it up with pool walking, swimming and a few made-up exercises. Play some loud music and it’s fun. I usually make Mondays & Thursdays my fast days but change it about now and then. You’re doing well buddies, so keep up the good work 🙂 🙂

Hi Buddies,

Lindanaf- how did you go the other day? I know that some days are more difficult than others but your will power is strong! Well done! and congrats on the weight loss!
    The Hinterlands are absolutely lovely though – what scenery! and thank you for your safety wishes – i ride as safe as possible when it comes to riding in Sydney.

Necie – congratulations on your loss and so quickly as well! I agree it is much easier not to eat until lunch time… sometimes breakfast ‘awakens the beast’. Well done on the will power! I love how the palate changes and people around us look in shock when we pass up the junk!

I usually do 4:3 however did 5:2 last week – back to 4:3 this week. Rode into work again today as a fast day but took an appetite suppressant to help me with the additional hunger pangs that come from the exercise. I just want my body to know that just because it used fuel to get here it doesn’t need to restock as there’s plenty (PLENTY!) of fuel in stock! lol. Also my brain can rewire the need for restocking. Will have my protein for dinner to make sure i’m keeping my nutritional levels up.

Hope everyone is having a great fast day! Onwards and Downwards (in size!)

Hi All….thanks 19Aly, you’re doing well. My fast went well yesterday – hope you did ok too Lindanaf. I read in Choice magazine that to lose weight and then to maintain that weight loss, we should strive to do 250 minutes of exercise a week. That doesn’t seem much but am pleased that I’m doing a bit more than that….just! It’s another very hot day so keep up the water consumption 🙂 19Aly and Lindanaf contact me on Facebook if you’d like….Denise Hunter Logan ….cheers

Hello buddies:)
    Monday fast was so much easier than last Thursday. I was so cranky! Poor hubby didn’t know what to say, or not to say lol.
    On Monday I made a “soup” with lots of low cal veg and a tin of tomatoes and some paprika. Total of 216 cals. It was very yum. I’m easy to please 🙂
    Aly and Necie, you guys are good for getting in the exercise! I clean classrooms early in the mornings, five days, so It’s a bit hot when I get home. Poor old Gypsy (dog) hasn’t had a lot of walks lately. I’m looking forward to a few weeks in Vic soon. We walk so much more down there, along the Mitchell River walking tracks and ride the bikes along the East Gippsland Rail Trail. No humidity either!
    It is funny how our taste buds are changing. Or we just don’t want to undo the good that a fast day has done. All the same, this is just the best diet I have ever done!
    Yes Necie, drinking lots of water…
    Happy riding, Aly! …burn that fuel!
    Happy days 🙂

Hey Buddies,
    Happy Hump Day and another fast day for me.
    250 minutes of exercise a week… phwoar! that’s more than 30 minutes a day. But good on you! I’m trying the High Intensity training which is much shorter workouts but much harder… plus my endurance which is just the riding to work. Lindanaf you’d be surprised how much cleaning is actually amazing whole body exercise – don’t take it for granted!!
    I’m heading down to South Australia at Easter! I can’t wait for the cool clean air and just fresh fish and my mum’s home grown vegies – you can’t get healthier than that!

I went and saw a documentary/film last night (a preopening) called ‘That Sugar Film’ and i cannot recommend it highly enough. It was very informative, interesting and eye opening. Even my sugar, caffeine addicted boyfriend who kept telling me ‘he was going for me’ was completely transfixed and interested in the film and came away with a great discussion about what we will be doing in the future to help him cut his addiction and start eating to heal his body. It was brilliant!!

Hoping today goes quickly! was too excited and worked up last night to get a sound sleep which always makes a FD more difficult!

Hi all….have heard of the sugar film. Sugar seems to be in a lot of food – reading labels is an interesting exercise! I love dried fruit but heaps of sugar in them. Even fresh fruit has high sugar content. I haven’t added sugar in tea or coffee for a number of years but it took me a while to achieve that by gradually reducing the quantity. Now a teaspoon of added sugar tastes really sickly. The same applies to salty food – we get used to the flavour so think we need it in everything we eat. I can remember my Mum adding a “good pinch of salt” to her boiled vegies! It’s the old adage we need to remember – everything in moderation. With Easter coming up I need to think about choices and try and keep those chocolates at bay. Your Mum’s vegies sound great 19Aly – I reckon someone else to cook for you is a wonderful treat too. I agree that jobs like cleaning and anything that keeps us moving throughout the day is terrific exercise. I lugged around heaps of water buckets this morning watering my potplants. So you’re doing great Lindanaf. My problem is that I use a wheelchair for mobility so my exercise has to be all planned……not much incidental stuff happening. Hard to be motivated every day. 30 minutes is probably not really enough for me – would be considered light exercise as I’m just sitting. Getting beyond that every day is tricky – I am a tad lazy I must admit.Just writing that is making me feel guilty so will do some chair aerobics right now!! Good luck with fast today 19Aly – I’m planning for tomorrow.Love your positive posts Lindanaf and 19Aly 🙂

Hello again buddies.
    Sorry not a big post right now. I just sat here for half an hour righting , and pressed submit, and it all disappeared!!!
    Not happy!!
    I’m going to have a cup of tea now 🙁

* writing… 🙂

Does that happen to anyone else ??

Hi Lindanaf…think I need your cup of tea. Just used food processor; it didn’t work properly and now sticky food all over the kitchen 🙁 🙁 Doing a fast today and am not happy. Haven’t had trouble submitting posts. Tomorrow just might be a better day…..:)

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 120 total)

You must be logged in to reply.