BMR OR TDEE – which Measure for Fasting Days?

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Science of intermittent fasting
BMR OR TDEE – which Measure for Fasting Days?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  schwitey 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Trying to work out which is the correct measure to have 25% of during my fasting days.

Is it from my BMR of 8012 kJ / 1915 calories or TDEE of 13821 kJ / 3303 calories?

If it is my BMR, then the 25% is equal to 480 calories.

If it is my TDEE, then the 25% is equal to 821 calories.

This is quite a difference – 341 calories, which over a week is 682 Calories, and over a 3 month period is 8866 Calories, over a Kilogram of Fat (based on my understanding that a kilo of Human fat is 7000 Calories.

At first this may sound incidental to the whole ethos BUT over time, given all else being equal, adds up.

Cheers,
    Tony

hi
    guess its up to you

many of us follow the suggested 500cal for women and 600cal for men, on fast days
    that would come somewhere between the two of your figures so perhaps a good compromise?

the less calories you eat, the more weight you will lose but the whole point is that it is manageable with your lifestyle, so that it is easier to maintain

I simply use 500 cals for a FD and up to my TDEE on NFD. It isn’t exact anyway, and as a man with more muscle, you will lose weight faster than women anyway. Lucky thing.

Just go for one or two hundred (or none if you can manage it) and all will be well!

Thanks guys – I guess the underlying question as the 5:2 diet is not just a weight loss program is:

below what point i.e. calorific intake do the “repair” mechanisms switch on?

Cheers,
    T

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.