Beginning again

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer59 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• The last three weeks have been very sad and difficult for me and my family as my dear dad died. During the 8 days he was in hospital I was with him much of the time and following that his funeral and family time with my siblings and others coming from overseas. Today I return to ‘normal’ – the new normal of life without my dad and therefore back to the 5/2 routine. My diet over the past 3 weeks has been not very healthy – takeaways, left overs, food brought by strangers (bless them!) food cooked by my brother the chef, big family meals and ‘comforting’ chocolate. The reason I’m posting this however is a bit of encouragement – in spite of all this weird eating the weight I lost since January when I began this diet has NOT returned – I have put on only 400g in the past 3 weeks. A testimony that slow and steady really does work for me and it’s ok to be losing less than 500 grams a week because this is sustainable. Someone please remind me of this next time I moan that it’s all going too slowly!

Hey Jennifer sorry to hear about your Dad, it takes time so be kind to yourself. Hope the eating plans are going well, but dont stress too much right now if not, you’ll be back into your routine before long.. I’m pretty impatient too, why does it take no tome at all to stack on the kilos but ages for them to come off? Perhaps we can encourage each other.

Thanks Sue, appreciating the support and encouragement. Feeling depressed and tired and sad and HUNGRY right now – and the same weight I was last month. Bright spot – I had to buy new jeans yesterday and I was a size smaller than the last time I bought jeans, so I have lost weight but it all seems very slow and very hard. Sorry to be a moaner. The sun is shining and I have a safe, warm house and a cup of herb tea in hand so I am much better off than many people!

Hey Jennifer, not meaning to pry but was your Dad ill for long or was his death sudden? Either way it is always a shock to the system and takes time for the body as well as the brain to recover. We all deal with it in a different way and take different lengths of times to come to temrs with the loss, so don’t beat yourself up. I ‘m glad at least that its sunny where you are. Do you have a dog you can go out with for a walk? Don’t get me wrong I’m no exercise freak, but I still find that if I am feeling blue, taking the dog for a walk, up the hill near our house, gets me out of myself for awhile and gets the endorphins going too! Also a friend suggested I measure everything.. not just weight and food, but thighs, waist, hips etc because she found that when she had a weight slow down it still encouraged her that her measurements had changed! A different sized jeans will do it too, great job… I hope to emulate your success, at least a little, before long!

Thanks Suo, you’re quite right about going for a walk. I don’t have a dog but the suburb wher I live is pleasant and leafy, and there’s a park not far away which I enjoy. My dad’s death was sudden in a way – he had Alzheimers disease and was in a home that acared for him very well. But he was still active, still going for walks with us, still engaging with other people and certainly not ill. He had a stroke and wss in hospital for 8 days before he died. I miss him very much, but that is normal – and I’m so grateful he was my dad!
    How’s the eating plan going for you?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.