Aussie Newbie

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sbee 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Starting 4:3 tomorrow Saturday.
    Having knee surgery soon and want to reduce my BMI which is currently 36.
    Weight also needs to go quickly and safely.
    Really need support with this, so maybe we can help each other.

Cheers,
    AussieGirl63

Hi AussieGirl, Hey my BMI is 40 and I think I need knee surgery after ten days of intense walking in Bali Have just started as of last week. Love to be a support and be supported. I had a difficult day and wrecked today’s fast but it is my intention to do it right tomorrow. NO fasting but will eat carefully and then fast on Wednesday. Hope you are travelling well. emel

Hi AussieGirl, Hi my BMI is 40.6 and I have just had knee surgery and hopefully will be able to start walking normally next week, after being in a splint for 6 weeks. I am going to start the 5.2 diet, but I am a bit confused at to what the calorie intake should be for the 5 days. My TDEE is 1901 calories, so does that mean I am to have that amount for the 5 days. My fasting days will be Monday and Thursdays.
    Any help would be great in getting a better understanding of what is required.
    Thanking you.

Hi Yellow and welcome:

The quick answer is that on your non diet days you should average eating your TDEE or less. The TDEE the calculator gives is approximate, and many find it too high. So if you eat a bit less than the calculated TDEE at the start you may have better initial results.

Here are some tips for those just starting 5:2:
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Yellow Daffodil, great info above re non fasting days. I too am using ‘Mon & Thurs as FD.
    Interested in discussing your knee surgery in PMs when I work out how to do that.
    Getting a bit nervous.
    Have a great day today
    AG63

Hi, just wondering how you are going? I have been Fast dieting for two weeks and had a start BMI of 40.1 So far, so good. Actually find it a great relief not to eat and have quite enjoyed fast days. I have quickly found that I HATE counting calories and just keep all 500 to have as an evening meal around 7pm. So do a 24 hour fast 2 days per week, 7pm-7pm. I have lost over 4kg so far. I feel more in control of my eating than I have in a very long time. Oh, I am 39 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply.