Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,801 through 4,850 (of 14,786 total)

• Go Dawg! Ha, ha, Great verse, and great progress, I can see we’d have a helluva time in the flesh! But no fair, Want photo!

Though, seriously, I fully understand folks not wanting to come out of their anonymity. Whatever you all need to feel comfortable here is fine with me. Your success and well being is the whole purpose of the thread, not a show boat for larrikinism. (Gaaa! slapping my forehead!)

I am sure I get a little too….um.. loose.. on the fasties! Don’t worry CG, I put the galah back in her cage this morn (can’t believe I really put that vid up! Not to mention real pts, in a clinic! but there’s no remove option now! it just sort’ve itched my ‘click’ finger to try it! gotta love the puter world, I’m still like a kid in a toy shop with finding out new things….but can lead to much embarrassment too! My worlds don’t often collide , Gad! wot happens on the road stays on the road! and I’m goin’ straight from now on, (truly)…Ah, well may we all stop being so hard on ourselves.

Raven I’m so glad you are looking after yourself, Good that you have OH’s support, managing stress is key to our survival, I think. Luck.

Yummy, I think I forgot you are a nurse too, when I was lecturing on something…Duh.

GG, the original treasure, not sure you aren’t valued by the ounce, so shrinkage is not the real issue here, no one sees your bum, but u! You look so alive! All of you, and it’s quite funny how in both piccies you either blended your colours harmoniously or chose the same one! like minds. Onward and DOWNWARDS!

ps, surprising bonus this am, scales showed me 82.6kg! Yahooo! (Go figure! must be something to do with hot air release overnite..) missed the 3’s altogether! I’m sure they’ll zig zag for the usual week or two, but really happy with that. and next photo will be another 14 kgs away (so don’t hold your breath!) xx gyps

See, told ya – turned a new page!

Hi all, in the interests of fair disclosure, CG, GG and FB gave the roses to me (not the other way around). Nobody ever gave me flowers before. It was a lovely and moving gesture.

A touch of gastro the last couple of days. An effective weight-loss strategy but not one I would recommend.

When we met in Melbourne, I showed a “before” pic of myself from a few years (and 21 kgs) ago. I’ll see if I can post it here…

Everyone is doing so well, thumbs up all round!

Three pages to go team and we will make 100 congratulations to us all, we are really kicking A the Aussie way ….and fancy being 2nd on the most popular wooohooo
    We are waiting Andrew for the pics, please look after yourself, awful feeling with gastro..CG xxxx

Sorry you are not well Andrew ….Hope it passes real soon.
    Team …. I really thought I had gone way overboard with the food . I ate sooooo much cheese and bread and other foods, drank way to much alcohole. It is bound to explode at some stage! FB on our 1st day had me eating the biggest slice of New York cheese cake from Myers cafe … it was devine!!!!! could not possible have said NO!
    but to LOL she had a small square slice for herself….. Did she want her mumma to put on kgs? not fair my angel I will not forget that!!!!!
    have a great day team…….GO GAL xxxxx

AND then CG and I gobbled so much beautiful cheese , pate and advoc on our picnic night was just so so delicious …… It was almost like beging locked in a chocolate shop…… Why did we not have chocolate CG?…… GO GAL xxxx

Go Gal – Let’s keep the choccie binge for when we all meet next year πŸ™‚

Andrew, really hope that you feel better soon. Definitely not a good strategy to drop weight that ways.
    GG, I wanted you to enjoy my favorite cheesecake. I go there at least twice a week to scoff up that cheesecake. I wanted mumma to enjoy every mouthful and dont feel deprived. that’s why….. And to top it all, you have lost 2 kilos, so no complaining please!!!
    Definitely Lotus, choccie binge for next year sounds good. πŸ™‚

Choccie binge, I’m having trouble getting off my new addiction….Ham and cheese croissants nicely warmed in the oven…..just heaven mmmmmm but I’m allowed today…aint I? Xxx CG πŸ™

Sorry SJ missed your post. I guess we can still have a buddy or do shadowing on this thread. Its all about finding someone with similar goals and tastes and try out what other person is doing if you are stuck on a plateau or not losing weight. We kinda do it here anyways, however if someone is struggling (which we all do at some stage) we can shout out for a buddy and work together for a similar goal.

If someone wants to share info and do one on one thingy, that’s possible too. As me , GG, CG and Andrew has done already. Just need to have a trust factor involved.
    You don’t need to meet up with your buddy or don’t even need to share contact numbers, but exchange of emails can work well too. It is quite safe I thinks!!

Something like this…

Fatty photo ALeC1_zpsbee13asw.jpg

…and absolutely most recent pic (with CG, GG & FB)

Now photo ALeC2_zps62r9zmdh.jpg

Oh what a looker πŸ™‚ the improvement is fantastic Andrew congratulations woohooo….CG xxxx

Hay team if we keep this up 5:2 will use us on an advertising campaign πŸ™‚ CG xxxx

That’s an amazing Transformation Andrew! Even your face has changed (become leaner). Good work.
    CG- like the Dove Real Women campaign? πŸ™‚

Yes Lotus, now you’ve got it…why not…we are all real unpaid people πŸ™‚ xxxx

How are you today Lotus? Everything good for you? CG xx

Hi All!
    Couldn’t resist checking in before I set off this morn. Can’t answer individually but loving all the poems, pics and banter!!! Go team!! Will not be able to post for a few days and already I’m missing you all. Best of luck to everyone, wherever you are on this journey; hope any health issues are quickly resolved and that life is good to ye xxxxxxx

Fit have a fantastic time with your family, don’t forget the camera for the precious times, have a ball and 5:2 and us will be awaiting your return…be safe..CG xxxx

Andrew…. As I said to you in Melbourne “What an incredible transformation!” You handsome man you!
    Team ,this is what 6mths of planning ,preparation,patience and persistence in this wonderful world of 5:2. Your goals are not impossible… follow the plan we are living proof of its success.

Michael, if you ever read the posts on AUSSIE DETERMINATION.We sincerely THANK YOU for your research into this WOL and WOE.
    FIT- have a fabulous holiday with your family . Will miss your posts for the next days….relax and LIVE IT UP!xxxx
    LOTUS- hope you are ok ….. I would love to join you in a choc fest! hugsxxxxx
    LOL many times to you FB…. You are so cheeky !

Enjoy your evening……. GO GAL

God, Andrew, you are officially my hero! Bloody well done! hope we do all get to meet some time! You look so great now and I would say you have literally saved your own life. It is criminal how fat steals it from us! And yes, CG, what many, including yourself have done on 5;2 is a beacon of light to the many struggling out there. This time six months ago it just felt impossible to lose what I have, easily on 5:2. So maybe the photo ap is a good thing if it can prove to others that it works!

So, now that we are all losing weight,Just wondered if any of you have methods to deal with the sags that come with it? Talking about flapping belly apron, upper arms, thighs and the dreaded double chin (turkey gobbler syndrome). I tried to come to terms with it being an aging symptom I just had to accept, (but don’t deal well with ‘dead ends’) so I thought I might share a couple of alternatives (apart from cosmetic surgery) that I am trialling.

I find a vibro disc (all body vibrato that one stands on or sits,(for thigh tighten) or puts ones palms on and leans into, (for upper arm tighten) really tightens up specific body areas as I go. AB crunches also help the belly flap. But the real gem I have found is the little exerciser I found on line called ‘neck perfect’. to reduce double chins. It costs around 25 dollars and you can get it online at…. http://www.neckperfect.com….. worth a look. working for me. The vibro disc I paid 300 dollars for, but there are bargains on Ebay worth a look. happy shrinking! xx gyps

Gyps great advise, I just cover mine with clothes but as seen in my pics arms are a problem even though my top was well stretched. Not that it really worries me but yes the wobbles are annoying with stretched skin. As you know I’m unable to exercise much so firming up is a problem. I will look into your suggestions, thank you…and thank you for the support, I don’t think I have ever been so in awe of anything so easy with such positive results. The need to share is as you say, so many of us try so many useless methods over time and waist money unnecessarily when it all boils down to two fasts and healthy choice eating. πŸ™‚ my sense of pride and especially that of my family is a wonderful feeling. If any of you are struggling, remember I plateaued for three months on 80k but never once gave up. WINNERS ARE NOT PEOPLE WHO NEVER FAIL, THEY ARE PEOPLE WHO NEVER GIVE UP πŸ™‚ so keep going, it does happen in its own time and things are happening you are not aware of.. I have lost 25k and will still lose more, slowly, so Take care team and hang in there. πŸ™‚ CG xxxx

Fit, enjoy your time with family, happy days!!!
    Team I have to share this, i promise I was eating sensibly, then came a friend with a box of chic chip cookies. Gave it to me n wished me Belated Happy Birthday.
    The cookies were fresh n as soft as a cake. I ended up having two cookies (ouch)
    Added my cals in MFP today n came upto 1800 cals. Oops… Well tomorrow is another day n fast day for me.
    Also up by 1 kilo. Weight today in evening was 71.5 kgs…
    I feel really full n heavy now…. Looks like I need to work on some serious detox… Nighty nite everyone….
    FB

Hello CG! I am very well, thanks for asking πŸ™‚ it’s lovely to have someone worry over me long distance. Not happened since my parents passed on ( ok I do have a lovely OH and siblings, but unconditional support from long distance is a rare wine, to be savoured slowly) Thanks again team!
    Fit- have a great time, don’t miss us too much. πŸ˜‰
    Gypsy- thanks for bringing this up and your great advise. Might try the vibro disc thingie. My last “undies” question was prompted by sagging in the abdomen – read up about it, apparently our skin takes close to two years to shrink to new body size. Even tummy tuck surgeons advise to wait for two years after reaching stable goal weight to dchedule tummy tuck.
    Will try ab crunches, boring they are though πŸ™‚

On the subject of exercise – anyone tried ths fast exercise strength set? I started last week and done it twice since. It’s really odd that even three sets take only 5 mins in total, I didn’t at all feel tired and not very breathless.
    Thought that this is a sham, won’t work – and woke the next day to truly sore muscles! I am reasonably fit and train regularly, so this was a shock to say the least!!
    Hmmm, maybe it works somewhere? Just overturns years of training lessons on “working for at least an hour” for muscle tone. So still sceptical.

Snap FB – I am fasting tomorrow too!
    Did you enjoy the cookies? Then they were worth it πŸ˜‰
    I am currently feeling “jet propelled” due to edamame beans – love the stuff but pea ably the shop hadn’t boiled them properly. So skipping dinner. Nice thing it is to have the freedom not to eat if not hungry πŸ™‚

Had a treat this morning- a croque Monsieur for breakfast – it’s a really decadent version of Ham cheese sanga, but the cafe makes it well and with soy linseed bread πŸ™‚
    Google it and see if you want to know how decadent it is πŸ™‚

Good night team! And good morning to Raven, Uptight, Fit and others πŸ™‚

Good night Lotus, nighty nite team…CG xxx

OH Lotus you and I have a bit in common. the mention of a Croque Monsieur turns me weak at the knees!! I adore them but gee you’re lucky that your shop makes them with soy-lin bread…somewhat healthier eh. They do rack up the cals if it’s a dinky di french type one. Scrumptious. Gee drool……hope I get through the rest of tonight without munching on something.
    Had a good FD and stuck below 500 cals. Had a not so good day family-wise as we have a big family drama happening with my daughter at present (after my babysitting stint). She’s not speaking to me/us so I’m a bit of a wreck at the moment. But I have stuck to my FD & not let my emotions get the better of me, which is a vast improvement. If I’m not posting you’ll know why…..depends how things go from here.

Goodnight all. Hope you all had a great day & love all the posts. suejen

Suejen, sorry to hear of your problems. It’s very common with Mother and daughter but hard to take, I know. The love between you boils but it settles with time, don’t let it eat at you, easier said than done at times but it will pass, take care…CG xxxx

Andrew, what a transformation, fantastic!

I don’t have access to older photos while I am in the U.S but will post when I am back in July, hopefully the after will be even better by then!

Will you lot stop talking about your cheesecakes etc, you are testing our will power!;-)

My husband and I have just been trying to strategise for next week, We have to travel and will be wined and dined and staying in hotels. I’ve decided I can be good with the dining as long as I get to partake of the wining. Can’t be too much of a saint!

Stay strong all and don’t panic if you don’t!

Hello, from the Pacific Northwest

Many of you are fast asleep. Just read the event posts and thought of this quote which is a segment from a larger poem I believe.

β€œAttention is love, what we must give
    children, mothers, fathers, pets,
    our friends, the news, the woes of others.
    What we want to change we curse and then
    pick up a tool. Bless whatever you can
    with eyes and hands and tongue. If you
    can’t bless it, get ready to make it new.”

― Marge Piercy, The Art of Blessing the Day: Poems with a Jewish Theme

SueJen- having a family drama at the moment too ( OH plus my mum-in-law, who can’t, but do, live with each but can’t live without each other too!! ) it will pass, your relationship with your daughter is strong and so she gets the freedom to act out πŸ™‚
    Raven – very thought provoking poem. What does the last line mean, you think?

Have a great day all!!

Good morning team lovely day coming up, very chilly, but don’t you feel alive in this weather?
    So many family issues happening at this time, all very upsetting but these times do pass. It is unpleasant for all involved and it IS only the ones we love that can hurt us. Try to be patient to let the air clear and remember grudges serve no purpose.

A slight freedom day today team, some are doing 4:3 so good luck with your fasting, to the rest of us, healthy choices, portion size control and positive thinking. YOU CAN DO IT, we are all stronger than we give ourselves credit for, it is great to let our hair down but try to leave that for your week ends. πŸ™‚ Plan for your “official” fast day tomorrow, shop if you need supplies, be prepared! If you have gone over your TDEE please don’t be hard on yourself, regrets are a waste of time, the only reason we look back is to see how far we have come πŸ™‚ our AUSSIE DETERMINATION is with us 24/7 …your conscience holds you back from too much damage being caused so relax, live and enjoy this fabulous way of life…. Happy day team πŸ™‚ CG xxxxx

Thanks for the lovely message CG, I am among those doing 4:3 this morning, and trying not think of food (or the fact that I am fasting LOL!).
    So, will log in later today team, will stay busy as a bee at work today πŸ™‚

Hi all! Having an ordinary day of routine health checks, flu vax etc, haven’t been near a dr in some time and definitely get the impression they are drumming up business by sending me all these reminder letters re every test under the sun! But they are repeat checks on stuff I needed last year, like diabetes, blood pressure, liver functions, you name it! Really reminds me of the bad road I was on before 5:2 so I’m grateful, today, for all you mob and the support I’ve had. Thanks. Plus looking forward to wowing the doc with my new bod!

Raven, that quote is on the money, mate, and I think the last line pretty much sums up what we are all doing here, getting a renewal!

Suejen, and all those having family hiccups, It never seems easy at the time to get past an upset, but family is one place where we should be able to be ourselves, speak our mind and clear the air. it generally takes two to tango, so if you are the target for criticism, really listen to the complaint and try to be gratefull its out in the open and CAN thus blow over. too many keep things bottled up and stew on it. that’s long term stress, a blow up is preferable. In the end, the most valuable thing one can give to family is your time. So if you are babysitting, or boarding an in-law, you’re not a bad mum or relly and they know it. Breathe, it’ll help your fat loss! Havagoodday all. gyps

Morning all thanks for everyone’s thoughts & for thinking of me. The family drama is going to be a long one. My daughter has shut the door & is sending us a letter. I made one comment as I left that I do regret & tried to apologise for but she won’t answer the phone – not even sure if that is the issue. So we just wait. But I’m more upbeat this morning so that’s good & will help me stick to my TDEE. So today I won’t sweat the small stuff as there’s nothing I can change for the moment.
    Had a peek at the scales this morning and back down to 73.1 so hoping that by weigh-in on Friday I’ll see 72 something. We shall see.
    Short post today as have quince jelly & quince paste to make. A bit of a process but yummo. Never done the past before (not enough on our tree first time) so will be interesting to see the result.
    Oh CG was interested to see your mantra in this lady’s article which I found helpful today & thought others might too. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/louise-thompson/news/article.cfm?c_id=1503318&objectid=11439162 suejen XX

Hi team. I’ve had a very stressful 24 hours. I’ve not read all your posts so please forgive me. Yesterday I had one of those scam phone calls from someone with a foreign accent pertaining to be from the bank. When she told me who I banked with , how long I’d been a customer there etc I was almost fooled. I was told that thousands of us Aussie had been overcharged and we were going to have the money reimbursed. It did sound convincing She then went on to ask for some number on my card. Well then the warning bell sounded and I told her that I was able to check her number and to put it all in writing. I contacted the bank and yes it was a scam. Today when I went to pay for my grocery shopping the B eftpos machine would not accept my PIN. well then I panicked as I thought the B—-S had managed to clear out our bank account. I hot footed it to the bank and thankful to say this has not happened. I’m really P off about it though and wonder how many gullible people have been taken in.OK rant. over but do warn your rellies. To reiterate the old wise phrase. If it sounds too good to be true its because it is too good to be true.
    After that I went off and bought a packet of N’s salted mixed nuts plus choc liquorice log. For medicinal purposes of course. So that’s my TDEE shot to pieces today. FD again tomorrow and will carry on carrying on with this oh so forgiving WOL and WOE.
    WOOF WOOF. – hmm Gypsy I’m not too keen to place a mug shot here. Not yet anyhow. I guess im just a wuss.

Hugs SJ… She is just having a tantrum.. it will sort itself out.Good on you for sticking within the TDEE through it all!

Stress = overeating = weight gain = stress = pointless vicious circle

Doggy – thanks for the warning and thank goodness you were clever enough to spot the scam!!

Gypsy – “Breathe, it’ll help your fat loss!” – hah I am doing a lot of deep breathing right about now πŸ™‚

Suejen, thanks for the reference, actually reading it could be about me, I don’t see sense in negative thinking and choose to be happy. I had enough sadness in the past to do me a life time and as years pass with not too many more left πŸ™ I choose to see the glass half full, give the benefit of the doubt, walk away from issues, not bother to stand my ground on anything petty…we are what we think, we are what we want to be, the choice is ours, our frame of mind and positive outlook shows on the outside too, so again…Happy day team

Doggie those mungrels will try every avenue to rob us blind. I get many phone calls and emails but never give personal details to ANYONE. Our banks etc NEVER ask for details over the phone. Yes, it’s upsetting and frightening. I’ve had overseas numbers blocked on my phone which has cut out so many hoax calls, and given me peace around dinner time πŸ™‚ but they tend to ring any time now. One major one is getting you to log onto your computer feigning they are from Windows or some other and fixing a computer virus, but NEVER do it, they get access into your computer…I tell them I don’t have one and after half dozen calls, they give up… πŸ™‚
    Beware of scams, anything that involves your person details…hang up… πŸ™‚ CG xxx

SJ, Just read the article, really nice!
    Oh well, lunch hour now, gotta go and have my soup and HB egg πŸ™‚

You did the right thing Dogsabie. Forget about your stress eating limit the damage and stay on track.

hey everyone!!

Doggie – oh dear those scammers are persistent. I work in a sales role so I get about 200 scam emails a day not to mention all the other unwanted and usually inappropriate emails I have to block every day! not fun at all.

Sj – chin up and know that this too shall pass.

as for me – FD today , going really well. quiet at work but I haven’t been hungry. coffee this morning. pumpkin soup and grapes for lunch and a cuppa for afternoon break then home to try a new recipe – http://www.womanmagazine.co.uk/food/gardeners-pie/

have been looking for more sources of protein during the day but I figure I eat enough protein rich foods on my NFD that as long as I am not hungry I will keep just eating what feels like it keeps me full. its not like I’m filling up on 500 cals of white bread and rice. Might try adding an 1 egg + egg white omelette for brekkie next FD or as a side to my dinner tonight.

have a fabulous rest to your day and keep that AUSSIE DETERMINATION strong!

cheers M.O.M

M.O.M – that dish looks so yummy and comforting for a cool Autumn night.
    I am having a plate of carrot and celery sticks and hummus and Feta crumbles for dinner (FD today, had HB egg and Miso soup for lunch)

MoM that recipe looks really yum. Thanks have bookmarked it and will try it maybe tomorrow seeing it’s FD. Everything I’ve tried with lentils has been so good for filling up on a fast day. I tried this version of Mushroom Stroganoff with Puy Lentils last week (still don’t know how to pronounce puy?) and no hunger in the evening at all. http://www.london-unattached.com/2014/01/5-2-diet-fast-recipes-mushroom-stroganoff/ They’re fabulous though OH not so keen with IBS issues. But I seem to be able to get away with lentils but not beans…of any description.
    Have 6 jars of quince jelly on the bench..now onto the quince paste. sj XX

SJ – Quince paste with cheese and crackers… I’ve got yummy, naughty thoughts on an FD πŸ™‚

ooh quince paste ! yumm SJ! No not today Lotus!!! stay strong! hehe

Hello Team
    Andrew, congratulations once again. You transformation is just amazing!
    SJ, I have gathered from your posts that you are a very strong woman. I really admire you for your outlook towards life. You know that this will be sorted soon. Just stay strong…

And everyone else, my apologies as I have just been skimming through posts today. Did not get time to catch up on thread all day.

Fasting today and having a Jarrah hot choc (47 calories) and it is divine. I plan on just having soup and homemade pumpkin salad for dinner. So far, I had my morning cappuccino and hot choc n a bikkie, I am already upto 215 cals. left with 285 cals for dinner. I think I can do it with soup n salad πŸ™‚

My posts are going to slow down from now on, I will still try to post at least once everyday. Work has gotten very demanding and I am putting extra hours here. Also, a lot of weekend and at home work required now. Mum n dad will stay for longer so that I am able to catch up with work commitments while they take care of my little one.

I will still be reading all of your wonderful posts, but less responses, so asking for forgiveness in advance.

Enjoy the day team and happy fasting to those fasting tomorrow.
    MoM and Lotus, we are nearly done with today’s fast. I count that as a win…
    Stay Strong and Blessed..
    FB

Thanks FB! You look after yourself too, with all the work and other commitments!

M.O.M – if I have to have any hope staying within my TDEE – not thinking about stuff like that for the next few months at least :). Good to eat, but I had a heart attack the last time logged in my innocent little cheese platter on calorie counter!

Viewing 50 posts - 4,801 through 4,850 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.