Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,751 through 4,800 (of 14,786 total)

• yummy, hope your sister gets better soon, On you for supporting her. its no fun being on the visitors wheel , parking is horrendous and agro is rife in the joints these days. I could never put up with an agro workplace!

photo PLAYING FLORENCE. CO-ORDINATOR. QLD CANCER CLINIC_zpsqritjbte.jpg

The good old skinny days!

Taco, better luck next fast. Don’t sweat the small stuff ( quote from the inspiring CG)!

Here you go:-
    Gypsy BEFORE @ 93 kgs

Daintree country photo IMG_0426_zps0oylkw5e.jpg

And Gypsy now at 86 kgs
     photo img0242_zpswoyvah6g.jpg

Ooh Gypsy ! What a lovely pic, and you figured out pasting as a pic on this site 🙂

Thanks FB, for putting it together

How did you dooo that?!!! FB. what did I do wrong? thankyouxxx…um .. I think. feel a bit bare out there, girls, where are you all?!!

Gypsy, you have got it, just copy and paste “html code” n you will be fine.
    Thanks YuM Yum n all others for welcome back.
    Fit, I have a picture of my new hair color with GG. This was a very emotional moment as it was clicked at the airport just before saying goodbye to GG. Here it is:-
     photo 0B982AF0-22AB-458C-9418-EF0F8C6D90B8.jpg

Lotus, glad that your headache is gone. Rest up mate!
    Here’s the picture of all 4 of us (with Andrew)
     photo 6EDC8F00-8D44-4053-8734-BB91F907093F.jpg

Oh and Gypsy, regarding your question to raven, 16:8 is the eating window method of fasting, daily protocol – you fast 16 hours and eat in 8 hours. So for example, if you break your fast at 8 am, you have to consume your last calories by 5 pm. But you eat your TDEE. Daily fasting window provides insulin lowering.

Oh wow Gypsy you look fabulous so glad you worked it out…isn’t our FB a beautiful looking young lady and take a look at our handsome Andrew, what a memorable day we all had….CG xxx FB thankyou for posting them, it seems so long ago ALREADY 🙁 xxx

Nice photos :). I like both hair colours but black looks lovely on you.
    Andrew- we finally get to see you too!!And
    Andrew brought flowers for you all! Nice!

GG, missing you and FB already looking at your photo xxxx

I know CG, it really seems long ago. I am missing you all as well. Just looking at pictures over n over again to refresh beautiful memories 🙂

GG and CG, i read your messages to mum n dad and they are very honored with your compliments. They have passed on their good wishes to you two again and want to thank you both for giving them so much love!!!

Lotus, thanks for the hair color compliment 🙂

And my fast day today was not a real success. Finished at 600 calories, so not a failure too.
    Holidays/vacation over
    Meet up with AD friends Done,
    So now need to doncentrate on shifting these 7 kilos to get to my target weight of 63 kgs.
    I was at coles today n was in Bakery section:- looked at Lamingtons, lemon Madiera cake, fruit cakes, muffins and so bad wanted to get a packet home. Then self talk kicked in “what the hell are you doing, gather up your act n move out from here” Phew……….. Thats how I saved myself from thise devils (cakes 😉 )

Roll on fast days as target is now to get to 63 kgs….. Fingers crossed.

FB, your hair looks magic, just love it black, have a lovely evening, hi to the family. Hope your fast went well, mine did, no problems getting back into it” was so easy, nighty nite team CG xxx

Good night team!

Ooo! lookit you all! GG and Fb, beautiful shot, love the hair! And the four of you together is just priceless! What a gent to bye you flowers! Well done Andrew!

FB, don’t think my posted pics evolved from more than the link(on previous page) the one I put on this page came straight up, tho??? Oh well, I’ve done my bit girls. so out you come from the cupboard! This is ground breaking stuff! wonder if it puts up videos? Ooo! you’re really star material CG! hope I can get it off, too.

Good fast day, ladies. Nite

lotus, thanks for untangling my perception. I do go on, bugga!

BTW, Andrew, just noted that AD has made it to 2nd place in the popular pol! Sweet dreams !…. better make that ‘savoury delights’. bed. tomorrow we eat!

http://vid1072.photobucket.com/albums/w376/gypsybell3/THE%20EPIC%20AGM_zpsaz21ec64.mp4

Just couldn’t resist trying the video ap, sorry. late nite horrors…..

Loving all the pics, girls and guy!
    FB – your new hair colour really suits you. What a beautiful photo of you and GG – you can see the bond and the love shared. Also a lovely photo of the four musketeers, you look so happy and relaxed together. Well done on saying no to those ‘devils’, you are doing great! 🙂
    Gypsy – I can see a big difference between your two photos; you look smashing on your bike (what an amazing machine!) and in the second photo, the weight loss is very evident and you look so stylish. Keep up the good work! 🙂
    Lotus – glad you sorted your headache…valuable lesson learned for the future, I reckon. Please remember to get what you need to test your blood sugars; it is so important and we all want you to be in the best shape possible to continue succeeding in this wol. Xxx
    YY – sending best wishes to your sister and I hope she gets home on Wed. It’s very tiring and annoying dealing with hospital visits as well as awkward staff, please look after yourself too.

Sorry Gypsy – missed your video first time around but just watched it now. We are truly honoured to have such as wordsmith in our midst. Just the thing to cheer me up while watching the hailstones hopping off my patio!! 🙂 And your Gypsybelle sure is the hero of the hour; no wonder you love her so much.

Hi. I have just joined the forum and saw this thread. Hope you girls don’t mind that I join?!

Hubby and I just watched the doco and decided we wanna go ahead and try the 5/2 diet. I’m so excited, not quite sure hubby is, as we need to lose weight as well as fast track our body in getting it in shape from the inside. We’ll get blood tests done before we start the diet so we can hopefully see the improvements. Any of you had problems getting IGF-1 test done? Is it bulk billed?

Anyway while we wait, I hope you dont mind me being in here and asking silly questions.

Welcome Jillybeans – it’s great that you and your hubby are doing this together; it makes it so much easier. Also a very good idea to get blood tests done for comparison so you can see the benefits of this wol (way of life, we don’t call it a diet). I can’t offer any help with IGF test but I’m sure some of the other lovely gals here will. BTW, there is no such thing as a silly question, so ask away and we’ll all answer if we can! Best of luck!

Wow go away for a few hours and this thread is going gangbusters with pics and videos and who knows what! Gyps you’re joking about there not being much difference between the 2 photos – there sure is! And nice to see you by the way.
    FB luv luv your new hair colour as I think it suits you utterly. You and GG look so at home with each other. And great to see the 4 of you together – did 3 of you arrange to wear the same colour by the way? Can’t see any on you GG but could be?

Well as you might have guessed my ONE glass of bubbly turned into 2, and then the alcohol smashed my TDEE to pieces. After a dinner of poached eggs one piece of toast with PB led to another with honey, plus the nuts I consumed during the day (thank goodness I’ve now been able to put them away) oh and the crackers & cheese & olives cos you can’t have bubbly on its own. Silly thought that I could celebrate with just a single glass of bubbly & nothing else. Ha!

Oh well tomorrow is another day & I’ll be fasting good and proper and my life and house are back to normal, so welcome back 5:2 I can’t wait to move on down again. But don’t feel a single bit guilty…..not one. But I do need to take my tired body to bed. Night all suejen
    Oh and welcome Jillybeans – love the name.

Greeting from the Pacific Northwest. You are all asleep I imagine. Beautiful fan ehre today. 80 degrees, but like last week we will have one summer like day and then back to business as usual her is Portland, cloudy, late 50’s chance of rain:-).

Such a treat to see the before and after pics of you all. I am not aye I ahve a good before photo as most of my weight 11.5 khs was put on int he last three years and I was reluctant to take photo so as well. Will look to see what I can find. Cry inspiring to see the changes manifested over time and to put faves to names. I will fiddle with photobucket but as I am pretty techno unsavvy will keep fingers crossed.

Gypsy thanks for your insights. I will give it some more thought. Will be expanding to working with a naturopath and acupuncturist which I have done in the past. it is true that I do have a somewhat stressful job. I was a crisis cousnelor for 5 years before this which required I deal with very high acuity cases often and while there were many things I liked about the work eventually had to leave to start my private practice and take better care of myself. My cortisol would be through the roof sometimes when learning for the day. As it is now I am more balanced but could do better. I am giving the 16:8 a go for the week just to see if there is any difference in how my body reacts or feels. I have noticed when reading about IF, that there are some folks who do this approach instead.

Have a wonderful day.

Raven – hope you find the way that works best for you; you deserve it after helping others through trauma and stress..not an easy job to do.
    Weather here in Ireland very mixed too….we didn’t quite get the snow which was forecast but we had lots of very heavy showers of hailstones throughout the day and it has been very cold. Only 5 degrees; big contrast from last week when it was 18 degrees!
    Had one of my better FDs today -491 calories without any real hunger pangs or temptations whispering in my ear so I’m happy with that. Heading to the beautiful west of Ireland in the morning for four days with some extended family….can’t wait! Will try not to do too much damage but will certainly enjoy myself because family is more important than anything and these times are precious.

Fit – Enjoy yourself with your family. And don’t forget the coral tootsies lol 🙂
    SJ – have a great fast (detox ?) day today.
    Jillybeans – welcome to you and OH, here’s to a great start to a new Way Of Life (WOL)!

P.S. I forgot the bl**dy glucometer at home again this morning! Brain like sieve I tell you. Will give chemist the brandname and see if they can give strips for it.

Raven, good luck with 16:8, I found it doable except on weekends, because then either you eat your first meal at or after 12 noon ( if you are going out for dinner) or skip dinner if you are planning lunch or dinner with family. Sometimes a bit difficult to work around life. Whatever you do, I hope it brings you joy and victory. If you have cared for so many other people in your career, this is just for you 🙂

I have relaxed and strapped in for a long ride, it’s a marathon not a sprint, less stressful to think that way 🙂

Morning AD’S . What a week the rest of you have had. The thread has really been alive and kicking!
    GYPSEY_- so good to see you….. You are beautiful in both before and after pics
    My dearest CG and FB Thank you so much for my birthday goodies I will always have you both with me. I miss you both too!
    CG your surprise of staying an extra night with me was just AMAZING!!!!! LOVE YOU heaps.
    Back to work for me todayand am fasting…I am happy to report after 5 beautiful days with Andrew and FB &and CG ,my weight is……. DRUM ROLL….71kgs!!!!! I lost 2kgs down in Melbourne with all the walking that I did I said to CG I think I have lost. In my pics I was leaning in…. My bum is not that big !Is it CG AND FB?
    Our AUSSIE DETERMINATION IS SO VERY STRONG….you are all an incredible inspiration to yourselves and each other WELL DONE!!.Have a wonderful day…GO GALXXX

Good for you Lotus – definitely less stressful to look at the bigger, longterm picture. Tried on a few swimsuits this evening before packing. Found one in the back of the shelf that I had bought and never worn because it was too tight and skimpy looking……guess what? It fits and doesn’t look too bad!!! So, looks like the coral tootsies will get an outing after all!! 🙂

PS….. thank you FB for posting the pics … love on wings …GO GAL xxxxx

GG – you look fab in the photos and your bum definitely does not look big. So glad you had a wonderful time and congrats on the weight loss even while on holiday. Woohoo!

Woohoo GG! 2 kilos lost in Melbourne! So lost kilos and gained friendship. Could not have a better bargain 🙂

Fit – congrats on swimsuit! Way to go, I think bathers are by far the most difficult to get comfortable in – and yours look good on you now. Big, big, victory 🙂

I could not believe it this morning ….tried all 3 scales and they said the same! thanks FIT and LOTUS for your positive responses…….GO GAL xxxx

Am lov’in the video GYPSY esp the HAT ..it is you LOL LOL LOL …GO GAL XXXXXX

Wow, to the photos. FB and Gypsy, great to see you both and both doing so well.

I am fasting today but haven’t eaten a thing because I haven’t been hungry. Now 6.30 pm and my husband will be home soon. Small steak and veges for dinner.
    First time this has happened. I usually have lunch.

And CG, how could I forget? Looking good!

Good morning team, wow, so much night life on our thread, it’s wonderful to see. GG I know where your two K went!!! I got it!! But been visiting the little house quite a lot so know it’s just fluid and will be gone this week 🙂 and your bum looks fine. Why are we all so self critical,…of course we hope to look our best for others but WE ARE ALL beautiful people in our own right 🙂 and GG your at the top of the list.
    So many posts to reply to but you are doing it for each other which I’m grateful for, I always felt it was left to me but your team support for each other is incredible.
    Gyps, are we creating a monster now you have a new toy?? You wonderful lady, love the pics and video, we are having the ability now of seeing each other so are no longer “cold” code names on a computer page….all thanks to FB, you wonderful girl.
    Freedom day team, unless you are doing B2B, just a case of portion control, wise food choices, and keeping up to your TDEE. Oh so easy 🙂
    Enjoy your day, no regrets, if you’re stuck in a rut remember nothing changes if nothing changes! YOU CAN DO IT try different foods use a different route home, walk a different path, life is full of wonder if only you open your eyes as well as your heart 🙂
    Happy day team…CG xxxxx
    Welcome too jillybeans, as you can see we are a very caring fun family type team.

Good Morning ADs
    Special mention to Gypsy, you dare not say that there is not much of a difference. I see a lot of difference in your before and after pics. Also, you look very vibrant. And your picture on the bike is a million dollar one, very very cute.

Thanks CG, Fit, Uptight, Lotus, SJ and all others for appreciating my effort to go darker (hair color)

SJ, very well deserved glass (or 2 glasses) of wine. Don’t sweat the small stuff!!! We all gotta live and enjoy the happy times and celebrate them. Thankfully 5:2 never comes in way of celebrations.

GG, NOOOOOOOOo, your bum is not big. It doesn’t look big in pictures at all. You are self criticizing. You are beautiful and woooohoooo to that 2 kilos of weight loss.

I am not fasting today, but just eating sensibly. This is going to be my motto for NFD now. Eat sensibly….
    This will help me not to get obsessed with TDEE. I know that I am approx 7 kilos away from my goal weight, but not in a hurry now as I feel good and healthy. I may reach my goal weight in three, four or even 6 months.. So 1.5 kilo a month loss will make me happy.
    When I started this journey at 85 kilos, I was aiming for 1 kilo a week loss and was very strict to myself. I needed that!!!
    Now tables have turned and I will be happy with 1.5 kilos a month loss. Team, lets show the FAT who’s the BOSS!!!!

Love the warmth and support here.

Just an idea, anyone starting new or struggling with a plateau, why not ask out loud for a buddy for shadowing. There are lots of lovely ladies here who have offered to shadow before.
    Enjoy the day team!!!
    FB

FB so glad your letting up on your self, your constant 4:3 was a credit to you but you will see the same results with 5:2 and it’s so much easier, especially whilst having your parents over from India, life WILL be so much easier with the same results….have a lovely day…CG xxxx

Ha! I am ending my day as many of you are just starting the next. Great to see all the posts and pics. Congrats to the new folks who want to start a new way of life. I think having my OH has helped immensely.
    Have a terrific day. I am finishg up soon and off to Spanish class before bed.
    Cheers.

Mirror mirror on the wall
    Damn it you don’t lie at all
    Instead of slim and trip and gorgeous
    I’m still close to being enormous.

This ugly bulge around my middle
    How it got there is no riddle
    Too much munching food not needed
    Warning sings were just not heeded.

Calories I did not need
    My TDEE far to exceed
    Chokkies, chips, wine and cake
    All added to this shape to make

Inches and kilos now coming down
    I no more need to have this frown
    No longer urge to feed my face
    Since five two diet I did embrace.

Doggy, love love love your poem, clever girl, all these hidden talents is wonderful, have a great day…CG xxx

HaHa Doggy! That’s a good one!

Way too many posts to catch up on properly but CG GG & FB glad you had a fabulous time meeting in Melbourne.

Gypsy – you make us all laugh with your witty comments! you look so fab in your recent pic you can see the difference.

lotus – I had a horrid headache yesterday to the point where when I got home all I had was an English muffin with a little jam because I felt horrid – funnily enough I felt a lot better after having it! I drank lots of fluids yesterday and did eat enough during the day to keep going but I think it was a stress headache as much as a need for sugar.

Jillybean – welcome! You’ve certainly picked the right group. I’ve been doing 5:2 for 3 weeks now and I am finding this WOL easy to adapt to. I didn’t bother with the blood tests because I know the 2 issues I mostly have are low iron levels which I can usually tell when that is an issue because I get tired and low vit D levels which due to my work being indoors I am not surprised by so I take a supplement to boost that.

Fast day yesterday was ok apart from the headache. But I felt good and will probably alter my FD this week to mon/wed which may be easier as thurs we have a busy evening with parent teacher interviews and scouts for my eldest.
    I’m glad the weather is cold really as it is perfect soup for lunch weather! I am going to make a big batch of my minestone soup for freezing this weekend!

Have a great day
    Cheers M.O.M

Doggy you giving Gyps a run for her money eh?!
    FB how do buddy/shadow with someone? Can you have individual conversations here too? I thought it was all to the group. And well done for giving yourself time & not obsessing over your TDEE. You’ll still show the fat who’s boss in the long run.
    GoGal I cannot believe that with all your feasting down there that you went and lost 2 KILOS!! That’s insane girl even with lots of walking. I say to myself when we go overseas that all the walking will balance out the yummy food, as we walk everywhere for miles and miles…..but it never does! And I think you look gorgeous in your pics…can just imagine you mothering FB too.

Fit what a fabulous surprise for you – way to go girl! Won’t you look stunning BUT big important question, does it go or clash with your tootsies??!!
    Gyps loved your video & the pic of you bike. Now I can really picture it all when you talk about your beloved bike.
    FD for me today (yes Lotus probably detox too). Funny I celebrated yesterday with champers & nibbles (OH had one glass not really a champers man). So today after being cooped up in our house for over 2 weeks he wants to have a picnic lunch, & go out for a coffee etc etc. And I’m saying Hey it’s a fast day I shifted it from yesterday so we could celebrate. Never mind we’ll compromise & I can have a long black coffee 2 cals and maybe I can switch my dinner calories to a bigger lunch & then have my HB egg for dinner. OK let’s see what I can work out on MFP. All doable. Isn’t that the beauty of 5:2. Have a great day all fasting or not, doing TDEE or not. Our WOL is very flexible and that’s why we stick with it – plus we’ve now seen the living proof that it works, haven’t we! Go Team Aussie Determination. suejen XX

GG – congratulations on your 2 kilo loss , it is fantastic. Gypsy- I like your bike and you look fantastic. FB, GG, CG and Andrew you all look fabulous! I cannot believe those B4 and after photos, they really make me want to keep going. Eventually I will start to shift weight too : )

Gypsy I followed the link, great photos by the way. No trouble seeing the before and after and the wolf whistle was genuine Well done you dealing with the techno stuff. Not meaning to leave you hanging but just can’t get my head around it at the moment. Will wait til I can rope in one of the granddaughters to help me but not sure what I have to offer as I avoid the camera like the plague. Definitely not photogenic anyway.

Feeling better today, stayed the same in weight and had what I fancied for brekky. Sardine on rye toast (I like the ones with jalapeno chilli in the can) and it definitely hit the spot.

Raven was thinking it’s already your tomorrow here and I can tell you so far everything is going ok 🙂 YY xx

Lotus : )

By the way anyone heard from Foxycoxy lately or CharliesMum? Just looking out for my other west aussies? Foxycoxy I know from your last post that you had lots on your plate, and CharliesMum you’ve always got a lot on your plate!…. so if you’re just dropping in but not posting hope you’re still doing well with 5:2…even if you can only manage it some days. Any days with less calories are still a win. suejen XX

Welcome Jillybean and please feel free to ask any questions you like. One of us is sure to come up with the answer. I personally did it have blood test done but I do know that my blood pressure has come down and although not yet tested am sure blood sugar is down too.
    I love the photos everyone and clever you for figuring out how to use the Techno stuff. I’ll play around with it and find out how it works. Gypsy you have defiantly lost lots of weight. Well done you. And that bike! My brother would be green with envy. I love the hair colour ladies. I’ve gone pretty grey now and had a colour put through it a few years ago. I used to be blonde. Well it was a disaster and was the shade of a mango pip. Totally hideous. I may treat myself to one next time I’m in Melbourne with the family.
    Yesterday FD went off pretty well. I upped my fibre intake which put me slightly over the 500 calories but not too much. Good results which I’m sure I don’t have to elaborate on.
    No more now as I have a friend coming over this arvo.
    Cheers Doggy XX

Viewing 50 posts - 4,751 through 4,800 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.