Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,651 through 4,700 (of 14,786 total)

• Well at last had a really good day sticking to my TDEE & came in at 1491 cals so well under. That was my aim so happy with that. And have had my one square of Lindt dark chocky and a Jarrah hot choc still to come when the munchies arrive later. It’s amazing how some days are easier than others isn’t it. I think my aussie determination kicked in as I don’t want to be stalled at 73ish for too long & my choices weren’t helping that.
    MoonGal welcome to AD. We welcome anyone…even stalkers! Only thing to do before you dive in. And a big Yes to your Joy factor and ADers give us lots of that every day.
    Lotus thanks so much for your food list for the 400 cals. You’re doing things quite different but I do like the look of it & might try it. It’s interesting how vastly different 400 cals can look. Do you really think you need to cut any further though? I don’t. 500 cals is our allowance. But if you’re getting good results & you’re not too hungry then run with it. Just a query – you don’t get over hungry the next day?
    Yum have you read the first book & is there much different in the revised edition? Would like to read it if there is. Mine is the original.
    Dogie think you’re right about there not being one ijit amongst us. An educated lot methinks. Maybe that’s why we got on so well but also have so much knowledge to share on a vast array of topics….from asses to undies to regularity to chocolate indulgences!
    Gyps luv the sound of your day aaaand the wolf whistles for your smaller ass. Egad what will they do at the end of your journey eh??!! By the way Gyps my pain is sciatica on the RHS. Have a few exercises to do but physio says it will be slow. Last night I was up for an hour at 4am.
    MoM hope you had a lovely day inside? with your 3 kids. Yes some weeks it’s cm’s & others it’s weight lost & some it’s both – some it’s none. But the journey is still downward looking at the BIG picture & that’s what we must do.
    Big picture view = small us in the long run! So don’t fret the small picture stuff.
    Nighty night suejen XX

Moongal – there is plenty of joy to be found on this thread, but also plenty of joy coming your way the longer you stay on this wol (way of life). Thanks for sharing your stats…you will be well on your way back to the 60s in no time!
    Lotus – will try the hummus too, a good idea, but not the gherkins..too salty and tangy for me, I’m afraid.
    SJ – excellent non fast day and room for chocolate too…woohoo!! Hope your sciatica dies down soon, keep up the exercises and keep your spirits up! xxxx

Fit you’re always such a positive, encouraging ADér. Thank goodness you found your way here somehow! We’d miss you terribly & your news from the other side of the world. XX

Aw thanks, SJ – just loving being part of this lovely gang…it was a great stroke of good luck that this was the thread that appealed to me most and where I felt the most at home. Hope to have lots of news from my few days away with the family next week and glad I’m not boring the pants off anyone…if I am, please tell me!!!!!

Hi all, when I wake up over here and check this thread with my coffee, so much has happened. I try really hard to remember who said what and particularly when people say things to me, but as I am sure you all know, it isn’t easy. So kudos to all you people who manage to write individual messages to everybody!! I used to be able to but now that it such a busy thread, which in itself means it is so helpful, I just can’t get it right. So apologies in advance.

Welcome Moongal. It would be interesting to know just how many stalkers are out there. I think it is fine to just read, we each have different ways of being helped etc. I personally find it helpful to share victories and ideas and am happy to give feedback in return. There would be no thread if some people didn’t do that!

Don’t worry @Taco, only not drinking some of the time! Drank last night and will tonight, with dinners out which means, @Yum Yum, that I am making the most of the food opportunities so don’t worry!

Everybody else, keep up the good work and hang in there and most of all don’t feel guilty when you stumble. We all do that and 5/2 allows for it. That is why it is so great. We all have our down days and frustrations but ultimately, if we just keep to the basic plan 2 days a week, we all get there eventually.

What is that Pantene ad? It won’t happen over night but it will happen!

Oh, and my husband has lost about 4 kilos in his first week! He knows some of it is water weight but is keen to persevere. He is doing 5/2 and low carb but had alcohol and a burger last night and weighed half a kilo less today!

Hey Fit, don’t worry. If anybody’s pants are coming off, it is because they are too loose! Not your stories. 😉
    Cheers!

Thanks Up – what an image…us all losing our pants as the weight comes off!! 🙂 Brilliant loss for your OH too, that’s fantastic. Maybe if I tell my OH about his success, he might agree to give it a go too. I would love for him to lose some weight because it is all around his middle..the danger area. I want us to grow old together in good health, able to travel and enjoy life and without becoming a burden or concern for our kids.

Good Morning / evening team! I love how this thread is running at night too, 24 hour global support team. What could be a better resource?!
    To answer SueJen’s question if I feel very hungry the day after – yes I do sometimes, but that seems to be regardless of fasting pattern or fast calories (went to 510-520 cals couple of fasts). It seems a more mental thing than actual hunger though, as a few times when I did back-to-back fasts, I was not that hungry! Still have not figured out non fast day food. Had read somewhere to have low-carb breakfast, which I did yesterday and got an upset tummy!
    SJ- congrats on OH’s weightloss, I am sure he started seeing your results, which is an amazing proof for you 😉
    Fit- my OH sees results but still turns up his nose at “starving” ( although i do not patently starve lol!). They’ll get there eventually. 😉

Good morning team, lovely to see the activity with AD. We had a beautiful Indian meal last night, no idea what I was eating but loved every mouthful. My tummy knows this morning I had something different but it’s cleaning itself out… ;( but so glad we had it, another new experience…. Just having morning coffee sitting up in a comfy bed glorious views from the 11th floor, back to green paddocks today.. 🙂 ….and my animals. Lovely to have the bed to myself too, usually my three boys lay along their side on top of the doona, making it hard for me to roll over, but I adore them and miss them terribly. Ready for my last shower here, finishing packing, GG and I will meet up for breaky soon, another new experience…breaky…rarely ever have it since 5:2…..
    Team we have already decided to do this again next year and you are all welcome to join us, 12 months to save, so think about it, it’s wonderful how well we got on and to put a face to a name…..have a lovely day team, your life is YOURS, enjoy it, and don’t miss any opportunity that comes your way, you may never get a second chance…..CG xx

Morning CG! Forgot to mention to you to have yogurt with the meal… Oh well, free detox 🙂
    Yes, good idea for all of us to meet next year sametime – most having reached our goal weight by then, with many more joining in this journey 🙂

CG – good to hear from you in the big smoke. It’s so great to hear how well your get-together went and how much you enjoyed all the new tastes and experiences. But I’m sure you will be glad to get back to all your four legged friends..I bet they’ve missed you too. It sure would be amazing to have an international meet up, that would be one hell of a party!! 🙂
    Lotus – I have had similar experiences with the day after FD; some days I wake up ravenous for my breakfast and other days it doesn’t bother me when I eat. It probably has something to do with the types of food eaten on the FDs, but I’m too lazy to do the research!
    Just home from a fantastic concert given by our local choral society, which is its celebrating 40th anniversary. My dad, one of my sisters and I used to be members – so it brought back lots of wonderful memories to hear them sing many of the pieces we learned and sang together years ago. Back to freezing temperatures here tonight, unbelievable!!!

Yes Yes I am saving already for the big trip to Melbourne. Will work extra hours to accumulate more flexi-time for a few days off. Just name the date(s) please Country Girl!!!!! Excited!!!! Does someone want to invite Michael?

Must go now and find a cushion to sit on…one of the downsides of this 5:2 is that my bum does come so much with automatic padding.

Smiling!

Lol JenMic, here’s to a less padded bottom for us all 🙂
    Fit – the concert sounds wonderful

Definitely up for a meet being a melbournite myself.

Do you know what I love most about this WOL? I’m sitting in bed having me regular latte & 2 slices of raisin toast with real butter that my darling 11year old makes me for brekkie in bed on a Sunday.

CG -Indian yummmo! One of my fave.types of food.

Welcome to more new people , I’m pretty new here and you will love these kind and very helpful people.

Have a fabulous Sunday! off to burn lots of coals cleaning my house today and getting ready for a busy week.

Cheers
    M.O.M

Oh such great news team, possible “reunion” next year we will definitely plan for it, and Melbourne has so much to do and see, great city…
    one side effect I found with the Indian meal, I’m pretty much “jet propelled” this morning 🙁 embarressment to the fullest but laughing at myself at the same time! GG keeps stepping back and laughing at me…….. Poor country kid can’t handle the big smoke 🙂 could be a noisy train trip home today…… 🙂 All you need is a sense of humour, yet I guess it’s one way to get a train carriage to myself hehehe!…as you can see it’s been a trip full of laughter….enjoy your day…talk later CG xxxxx

Yum yum, I had 2 slices of banana bread this morning , hopefully it has magnesium in it. I ended up being really bad yesterday, crackers , cheese double Brie -a whole one- and wine to wash it all down. Oh and spaghetti bolognese -vege – for lunch. No walk! I weighed myself again and was weighing 88.5 kilos. I will not weigh in again until Friday. Hi Fit, even though it’s very cold, at least you got to show off your coral tootsies 🙂 lotus, thanks for sharing what you ate, I might try it 🙂 Suejen, I hope your sciatica gets better soon, it is sooooooo painful 🙁

CG, GG , FB and Andrew, thank you for sharing your time together with the rest of us 🙂 CG, I know what you mean about missing your boys, I hate having to go away for work I am the one person that always votes against the yearly overnight conferences. I prefer to stay back after work than to go away 🙂 lol 🙂

Up 🙂 I like the “it won’t happen overnight but it will happen” lol. I’m going to prepare my lunch for tomorrow nice and early 🙂 I may even get shinny and glossy locks too 🙂 I keep looking in the mirror and I can see my tummy has gone down , it not as big. I suppose my starting weight must have been higher than what my silly scales told me- my measurements are higher than initially ….so I couldn’t even get that right! Grrrr , nevermind. I know I’m shrinking somehow 🙂

Hello to our truely international team. Welcome Moongal. I too sometimes have a squizz at what other threads are on about but still find this far and away the best. There are now too many names to mention individually. I love the idea of a BIG get together in Melbourne next year. Think team , if we keep on with this WOE we are going to a group of slim, trim ladies and gents.
    Something that many of you report is that your appetite has diminished and you are not able to eat a large plate of food as you could in the past. This has not happened to me. Maybe I’m just a hog. Despite this I’ve now lost almost 10 kilos in four months so am very happy with my progress. I’ve had to have two total knee replacements due to Ostio Arthrits so I’m not able to do the high intensity exercises or even jogging. Hubby and I love walking though and are so lucky to live in an area that has lovely walks. Little Pepper has now had a good one hour walk on two consecutive days and he so enjoys it. We do too and miss it when it’s raining cats and dogs.
    One of you mentioned a good sense of humour. How true. We all need to have a good laugh and not to take ourselves too seriously. Yes and to be compassionate to others less fortunate than ourselves. Every day on the news there is some disaster that has claimed so many lives. Desperate people fleeing war torn counties being drowned at sea. A terrible earthquake in Nepal. I won’t go into the politics here too much but am truely ashamed of the way Australia treats Assylum seekers. OK Doggy off your soapbox and shut up.

Hi Doggy, 🙂 I can eat … boy can I eat but I have found that since starting the 5 2 I have developed some form of self control – I am focussing on portion control. I have been using a smaller plate for my servings and that seems to help. I find that the miso soup is my saviour. I buy my one from Asian grocery stores 🙂
    We are having vege duck tonight 🙂

Moon gal 🙂 welcome, I’m a newbie too. Everyone on this forum is so kind and supportive. I could not do this wol without the advice, encouragement and knowledge that others have been sharing.

Fit, that is where my husband’s weight is too. Just around the middle.

Question is Uptight, does he admit it? Mine doesn’t (weight, what weight? Talk about yerself!) 😉
    CG – you poor thing, but rest assured, one thing folk are is thick-skinned about public transport, nothing short of murder will get you a carriage to yourself 🙂

Ha! Yes, Lotus, which is why he is finally taking action!

Oops! yes, I remember now that he has started 5:2 and already lost some weight!

HI all, Have a lot to catch up and only skimmed yesterday, we’ve turned the page, so have decided I’ll just go to the ‘reply’ thingy and do individuals,(smaller blurbs!)

So Suejen, saw your post first(top of this page) so,if sciatica is the verdict, then he’s right about time, in the ordinary way, plus hot packs and geeentle stretches, but ‘there’s always more than one way to skin a cat’. and sciatica is the province of neuro, or at least specialized Sports med medics. It doesn’t hurt to get a second opinion. And whilst I advocate the longer healing time for most tissues, not so nerves and especially pinched or inflamed ones for whatever reason. (because they become chronic, either paralysing from pressure or reinjuring with movement) I believe you may be able to resolve it much quicker with cortisone intervention. Not the injected kind, but a low dose tablet regime. Because I worked for a Neuro bod and also had him operate and treat my spinal probs twice (25yrs apart) which included the sciatic nerve, I know what works and what he used, with strict guidelines:

– starting with 5mg daily for 5days and reducing the dose gradually over no more than two further weeks, you should end up on half a two mg tablet for two days, then cease – If it hasn’t settled the nerve by then it’s not going to and further investigation is required.

Be aware: Cortisone is a very useful drug but I believe it is over prescribed in may cases and can cause diabetes to flare in high doses. Unless for chronic or auto-immune diseases, this is NOT A LONG TERM MEDICATION. It’s the last stand for severe inflammation or allergy. It stops your body from making it’s own cortisone and if taken in high doses and stopped suddenly it leaves one open to other nasties until you get immune function back, (plus has other unwanted side effects, including weight gain, with prolonged use) . You can’t get it without a dr’s script, anyway, so a consult is required, but I would caution you to be wary of anyone prescribing it in high doses. It seems to be the fashion in GP land these days, to hand out 25mg tabs and say “take one (or two) for a week” with no tapering off (tapering gives your body the time to make it’s own as the drug tapers off). At low doses, no harm is done, it’s just a booster to settle inflamed tissues. Quite magic, as long as settling is all it needs.

And the wolf whistles….. well they were kind old blokes in various stages of decline, not to mention a tipple or two! but a wiggle is soo much better than a wobble, Huh? luck, Suejen, your posts are always so encouraging to others, hope you can get some positive help for the pain, it’s bloogy awful as I recall. xxx Gyps

UP, you have obviously figured out how to post a piccie, I didn’t know MFP had such a tracker. must look more closely. Great work!

Raven, great to see you joining us long posters and opening up. I agree with you and Fit, cyberspace is, or can be a dangerous place to put one’s trust. I get a little nervous sometimes when I remember ANYBODY can read what we put up here. Maybe it’s deceiving because we seem cosy in our own little thread?

Anyway, I don’t want to be without the support of this great crew, so guess we just have to have faith in the sincerity of purpose we all have. Certainly those not on the same wavelength don’t stick it out through the highs and lows with us. You have had some profound words to say in your post(previous page,) that gel with me. We do need to accept our own idiosyncracies and value ourselves more, I think. But it’s hard without company and friendship to bounce off. This thread has been a bonus for me in that respect. It’s an exercise in trust. I was becoming quite the recluse. People are becoming isolated in their own homes, age, transport, finance and for oldies the loss of partners and friends, to infinity. Then there’s the lonely hearts club, and many fabricated encounters make cyber life as dodgy as Alice in wonderland’s rabbit hole! So we can really do with a psycho cop! Welcome to the party!

Ha, ha, I don’t mind being (rightly) diagnosed as a wordsmithing yarn spinner! It’s definitely Wonderland in my brain when the world takes to rhyme in my funny bones!….one should ‘never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn”….. thank god Aussies consider that a normal aberration for a bush bard. Just hope I don’t lapse into alziemers in the mix. (no one will realize!). Oregon brings to mind all the best cowboy and Indian movies . Sweeping plains and mountain forests?. Must be spacious and beautiful. Cheers from North Queensland scrub! Gyps

Doggy, I also hesitated to share details on here to contact each other on my Tassie trip, I was fairly new to 5:2 then, but we are all mates now, if I go there again will have to sort something out . We’ll see what CG says when she gets back from raising hell. Fire Brigades! Ta for that insight, Andrew! great to hear from you!
    and I do like your idea Fit, of Dr Mosley Shouting all us disciples to Hawaii! or maybe the Greek Islands. I better get a passport! Personally I think we should all shout him, for coming up with the magic concept!.
    well I’m only half way through the previous page so I better give up and get off! Time for exercise. Happy Sunday all. Gyps

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Was just what I expected from such a lovely bunch. It’s been a bit over 10 weeks since I started using this clever tactic. I had been researching fasting for weight loss and health improvements for quite some time then I found 5:2, and thought, ‘Hey, I can do that!’. Down to 76kg this morning. 1kg until I hit my next mini goal. Was talking to my mum about it and her doctor had suggested she try it independently of our chat! I think it will take a bit of convincing to get her started, but (from experience) it’s the best way to get where you need to go without feeling overcome by internal diet chat!

So thanks again everyone for your dialogue, humour, clever tips, and kindness.

…Aw…CG….

…Ewww, pheww, chugga-lugga choo, choo
    Giddyup! Goooo girl! Ring-a-ding-a-blue loo
    A Country Gal just clingin’ to the rail
    GG’s blanchin’, she’s lookin’ all pale

Havanother drink there’s fire in the hole!
    All Aboard! Shovel that coal!
    Fireman Andy, standing at the ready
    A blockin’ his nose ‘n’ holdin’ her steady…

Ahh…Clop, plop! Wot a fine drop!
    Jet propelled! Ain’t never gunna stop..
    Helluva duster! Wot a fatbuster!
    Flatulent clatter, lookit ’em scatter!

Yeah, the meet ‘n’ greet sure turned out sweet
    Injun curry and bing, bang, boooom!
    Cg’s smokin’…. done cleared the room!
    All alone – She rides in state
    Gawd stone the throne ‘n’ bless her fate
    Ahh, blue loo, chugga-lugga-a-choooo phewwww… (anonymous)…I never dun it…honest..

PS, OOo! You gigglin’ goon!
    Lookit that! See?
    There’s a girl in the moon!
    Wot a foin addition
    To our loony tune!

Welcome aboard, Moon Gal. … at your own risk, of course..

Tra-la, tra-lee,
    A home for me!

You are good gypsy 🙂 poor CG , I hope your belly settles soon. Happy fast day tomorrow 🙂

Yum Yum, thanks for the info on where to get the book, will fossick it out next time I get to the big smoke.

Am still trying to catch up with posts. So many of you have posted great comments and been really supportive of my ramblings. I do appreciate the feedback, and enjoy reading yours,too. just don’t want to hog the space all together!
    But Fit, I think your toes should be photographed and posted, palely elegant in shades of blue and orange!… perhaps we could write a sonnet to them…. So disappointing for you to be facing snow again with the promise of thaw thwarted… Thath’s sorfull….

Meanwhile, it’s clinging to the remnants of summer here, I too am going through my cupboards for things so long stashed that will fit me now. But it needs to be cooler to appreciate clothes!.

Doggy, I don’t think you’re on a soap box at all, the poor buggers looking for asylum have a rum deal, I reckon.
    Glad your pup is settling. Binalong Bay is on my to see list next trip to Tassie, The ullysses club is having it’s AGM down there either next year or the one after. Am thinking about it. Six thousand K round trip might be a big ask for the old gypsybelle(and I am talking about the bike!) I feel I could do it, but OH is not a happy camper these days. He needs his comfort. but where there’s a will there’s a way! Suejen, taco and mayhem, I haven’t forgotton you. lovely posts. and everyone keep up the good work. the boss will be back with all the goss soon, trust she didn’t blow away!

Ta taco, let’s hope her sense of humour is holding….
    Hah! Competition? Oo! goody, the moon shines bright…..

Shhhh, get back on topic now, she’s coming…..

Fa..ffaaarr..faaaast! you fools! this is serious! I ate the damn chocolates I hid from myself at easter….bah! think I’ll have qa drink to go with it. thank God tomorrow will fix it! toodleoo xxx

Hi team lovely to be home, not just the farm but seeing Gypsy’s wonderful poem, I’m home here too. The whole trip was brilliant, the meet and greet took all of a few seconds, enveloping each other in kisses and cuddles and best friends for life 🙂 just so unreal, so so perfect. My 5:2 didn’t get a look in, and Gyps, my feet are on the ground, didn’t blast off as I thought I would this morning, really frightened to cough at times but home now so can let rip!….The meal was absolutely beautiful, FB and her family are the nicest people you could wish to meet, GG and I were very grateful for their hospitality. The hotel was just the best and not exceptionally expensive, so with out trying to put our details out there next year we can just each book…I can phone and ask for a group booking discount, worth a try but as time gets closer maybe June next year, we can look into it. We are all so like minded as you said Gyps, so no ice breaking was needed and we are food lovers, not tea totalers either, and ready for a laugh and good time. GG should have landed in Sydney by now so hope to speak to her tonight so we know each other is safe. Poor Andrew was the rooster in the hen house, not that I think he minded, he got the manditory kiss and cuddle from all three of us and relaxed in seconds (especially when he realised the bells and sirens weren’t for us) 🙂 So many things will come to mind as time passes and each of us will report different memories. All I can say …if you can, start saving, both a bit of money and holiday time…maybe a 4 day weekend? It is the best time I’ve had for as long as I can remember,
    Oh and the licks and kisses I got from my boys when I picked them up from my Sons was heart warming, they were so excited to see me (in case your not familiar with my boys they are three King Charles Spaniels) they still wont leave my side 🙂
    Have a lovely evening team, and welcome Moongal, as you can see, we are very supportive, and very family orientated so welcome to our team.
    Fast day tomorrow team, (thank God) don’t sweat the small stuff..YOU CAN DO IT, keep the warm fluids going in this cold weather, good soup weather….. and remember, you are the most important person you know, so be good to yourself..CG xxx 🙂 xx

Welcome back home CG! It was all so well done of you. All four of you! taking the risk of meeting strangers and making it all reality! I think we will all think about how we can go next year. Long way for some of us. But details for planning when you’re ready. It’s food for thought! And there you are, right back on the money, I never tire of your beat, you drum the important facts to the fore and it so helps to keep one on track. Soup! that’ll do it1 I can have a wee bourbon (and green coke!) and relax. nite all!

Lovely to hear from you Gyps, having one myself…nighty nite. CG xx

Quite off topic but Gypsy bell, how do you feel about nick cave?

Hi All!
    Oh my goodness…how to keep up with all the craic here!! CG – so good to have you back in harness. I never tire of hearing your words of wisdom, always on the money. Had a great laugh at your description of the “fallout” (sorry, couldn’t resist!) from your wonderful Indian meal!! How did you all recognize each other? Were you all carrying a copy of The Fast Diet book?
    Gypsy – of course it all brought out the poet in you..one of your best!! 🙂 Also loved your ‘wiggle is better than a wobble’.
    MoM – isn’t your little man an absolute dote to give you breakfast in bed every Sunday….you’re training him in well to be the perfect gent!
    Up and Lotus – it’s my OH who doesn’t want to bother with 5:2. He knows he’s overweight but not bothered about it.
    SJ – hope you find Gyp’s advice helpful and that your sciatica gets sorted soon.
    Taco – didn’t get to show off my tootsies yet, will be going away with the family next week. The hotel has a pool, so maybe I’ll be brave enough to get into a swimsuit and show them off then….problem is, I’ll have to show off a lot more besides!!!! 😉
    Doggy and Taco – I can certainly eat too but I am more aware of the calories involved and the feeling of having eaten enough and that I don’t have to overload my plate or even eat all that is on it to be satisfied, so bit by bit, my habits are changing.
    Moon – you’re doing great, you’ll hit that goal in no time, well done you!
    Melbourne next year, mmmmmmm! Will start working on OH and plant the seed now and watch it grow!!!!!

Oh Fit that would be lovely, I realise there is such a distance for so many and we tried to think of somewhere central, but with early bird bookings being cheaper and the full life in Melbourne, we just settled on that. Have a wonderful day, your holiday is getting very close, isn’t it a lovely feeling, full of excitement….CG xxx

The other alternative team, is to have your own catch up’s in your own area, I’d hate the thought of anyone being too out of pocket, but we have quite a long time to consider the options….CG xxx

Helllllllllooooooo ADs
    A big Thank you everyone for your wonderful birthday wishes. Means a lot to me. Thanks everyone!!!
    Well, CG left for her farm this morning and dropped GG At the airport this evening. I have had very beautiful few days with these ladies. Enjoyed my birthday lunch with CG, GG and Andrew. Thanks again to all 3 of you for making my day extra special.
    And CG, thanks for the compliment, my OH and parents equally loved your company. Hope you are feeling better n steam has settled now…..
    Team, i have to mention that the recent few days were full of food, alcohol n specially love. The extra dose of love n cuddles may make me gain some weight as there was an abundance of them. If that’s the case, then be it!!! Love the love that I received from these wonderful people.
    Fasting tomorrow (thank God) n may do a b2b as I am full of food… LOL

Ps: as many of you would have seen my picture, I had red hair. GG made me color it back darker, so I have got a new look now. Got my hair colored all black today 🙂 🙂 🙂

It was indeed a special time. And I promise I will post more often xxx

Good for you Andrew, you are such an intelligent man, we’d all love to hear more from you, so glad we met…CG xxx

MoonGal. Re Nick Cave. Don’t know that I could make up a full sentence with what I know of his work. Plus I’m really not into ‘real’ poetry, just afflicted with the disease of word caricatures. (and I’m more a traditionalist bush poet than a modern ground breaker), but odd words come to mind: Clever wordsmith; mad bastard; bloody funny with a straight face; deep and dark in a shallow pool he loves to reflect; icon in a culture not ready, but catching on; a really sick bag of tricks! wish I was young enough to bend around his corners.

That about covers it. Plus, he’s an Aussie, so good on him!. xxxgyps

HI All gosh I’m late today…can’t even say good afternoon it’s already evening & late for some of you. Had a busy day & only one day left of the open studio. Yeah I will get my house back! Sold lots of prints but no more paintings. Done well really for a first opening.
    Not even going to try & do individual replies. Think I need to do another roll call this week to find out who’s still around & where from. I just have to go back & find the darn page where I did the last secretarial job. Have to start recording important page no’s methinks.
    Welcome home CG & I expect GG. C hope you got home fa..ffaaarr..faaaast!(thanks Gyps!). We did survive without you but we all need your motivational start to the day. Funny I pictured you (no idea why) as a brunette with longish hair!
    well food-wise day was OK today but didn’t track as I planned. Never mind back to FD tomorrow & looking forward to it too. Feel a little full of food today – mainly because we tried our new Dancin Wok shop downtown (terriyaki bento box) & it was just too much for me. My how our appetites chance with 5:2. Don’t think I’ll bother again either..wasn’t that nice.
    Are you planned, prepared, ready to be patient & persistent??? Off to boil my eggs folks. Have a great FD all & whether you consume 400/500/or 600+ calories you’re still a winner in my books!! Byee folks suejen
    PS Gyps thanks for the advice ..will read over again & poss consult with my GP. Yes I learnt about cortisone as an asthma educator for 8 years so I’ll be cautious with that approach but sounds enticing though.

Hello from Portland Oegon,

Hardly know where to begin with all the posts. Great to see so much enthusiasm and support. Not much time right now to say more. Am off with OH for a hike. I will shift my fasting to a 16:8 of 17:7 just to see if it makes a difference.
    I have noticed less of an appetite as well. Also noticed with some sadness that my body does not metabolize alcohol in the same way. Both OH and myself started together. We were tipping a couple the other night toasting our new found way of life and feeling quite proud of ourselves. That faded a bit when we woke up the next morning both feeling green about the gills. We were not excessive. Anyone else experience this? I suppose I should be happy in that my body is clearly changing. Still….I do like my Makers Mark old fashions. 🙂
    It will not deter me from keeping on. I wish you all have a lovely week and enjoy your FD tomorrow for those of you who are fasting. I will check in to let you knew how the 16:8 works for me. I may do this fro time to time to change things up if it proves helpful. I am getting close to my weigh in and tape measure reveal. May 4th will be one month. Fingers crossed.

Welcome to all the new folks as I am certainly one and enjoy your posts so much. I am sending light to those of you in pain and inspiration to gypsy the scribe. Ah Nepal, my heart is breaking.

FB – great to hear from you too since the big AD meet-up. Sounds like you all gelled really well and had a fabulous time. So glad you enjoyed your birthday and best of luck with your new hair colour. You look lovely in the photo, but I’m sure you’re even lovelier now. Can you send us more pics please?
    SJ – well done on the successes of the open studio; it will be lovely for you to get your house back so try and put your feet up and relax, you’ve earned it.
    Raven – I had a recent experience like you and your OH…definitely not got the same capacity for alcohol as before, so I’ll be taking it very easy next week on my little break. Maybe, it’s our bodies telling us that they don’t want the extra cals involved in a few drinkies?!! 😉 Anyway, I am going to heed the warning and be a very good girl!

Viewing 50 posts - 4,651 through 4,700 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.