Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,951 through 4,000 (of 14,786 total)

• Yes, you are right CG, My portion sizes are small too nowadays, which is a bit of relief ( e.g., I had brown rice salad for lunch today, could not eat it all so had only half of it – it was made with 1 cup cooked rice plus veggies). I find logging in portions before eating is great as sometimes its surprising how much a serving of something is in calories. I had the shock of it the other day with cheese. I know cheese is high calorie but a small (30 gm) portion was about 120 cals. I had about 60 gms, and costed me a cool 228 cals. So yes, portion size the tricky key to it. Someone else said on another thread, that you can eat whatever you want on non-FDs, but not how much ever of it!
    Have gone off pastry and croissants now, they feel oily and yucky on the tongue. Love non-iced sponge cakes every once in a while though! So i guess the FDs do affect our taste buds also. Also, for people like me with insulin resistance, it is such a relief to have insulin levels come down, as then the constant craving goes away. That itself has given me so much happiness πŸ™‚

CG – Please take care of yourself. An oldie but a goodie – lemon juice, honey, whiskey & hot water. Guarantee you’ll feel better.
    Doggie – LOL, you’re hilarious. Now YOU are waking-up Pepper in the morning!

On NFD I often enjoy a big stir-fry. For protein I will normally use a mince (turkey, pork, beef or chicken) as this seems to blend throughout the stir-fry better than chunks. Then lots of vege (cabbage, cauli, capsicum, carrot, zucchini, celery, broc, onion, garlic, ginger – really whatever is lurking in the fridge. Add some soy, a little five spice pwdr, some chilli and any asian sauces you have on hand. Tofu is good too. Cook meat off first, add onion, garlic & ginger to cook, then the vege and stir-fry on high for a minute or two. Add a little water & sauces, etc to create steam and put the lid on until the hard vegies are cooked. Delicious. Also great reheated for the next day (or 2) & for FD lunches (small portions) if hungry. Serve with rice, noddles or on its own – really up to you & if you’re eating carbs or not – I’m not. CM xx

Hi Charlie’s Mum…I am based in PNG and have been here 30 odd years. Nearly ready to come home!

Thanks for the welcome.

Oh…and I really miss the cold!!

CM – that sounds really delish.

Afternoon all. Busy morning so only just got to post now. Well I had my first totally unsuccessful FD yesterday, really blew it. Never done that before. Think it was probably coming down off my foodie weekend. Made it fine till after dinner but then I was ravenous, so ravenous. Must have ended up with 1100-1200 cals. Did lose 1/2 a kilo of my weekend weight but quite a bit to go still.
    Never mind will try again tomorrow with a 4:3 this week to make up for it.
    Lotus I’d have to say I’m like you….haven’t worried too much about carbs but think I need to start doing so. Trouble is I just love them too much.
    Must be off. Busy this week & next as OH has an art exhibition/open studio at our house for 2 weeks & we’re busy getting it all ready. Have mailings to go out, a catalogue to produce etc. Will be fun though. suejen

Thank you so much CG, Lotus, Uptight for your tips a and meal plans. I can see right away where my extra carbs, calories are coming from. I love homemade bread and do still tend to eat it although I’ve cut down on amount. I will try and give it a miss. Thanks to you I see there are plenty of alternatives. Of course I have margerine with it plus other no no’s. My neighbour gave me a big bag of his homegrown spuds. I cook them and then dab on butter. Thankfully they are nearly finished. I probably eat too much fruit which I know is high in fructose. Tomorrow I’m going to sit down and do some meal planning. So thanks again. I will also eat smaller portions. Some bad habits need to be recognised and acknowledged before we change them. I know I can thanks to all you lovely Aussie Determination team.
    For those who enjoy my puppy tales, this arvo I popped into a neighbour who needed a dressing changed. Then I stayed on for a cuppa. Another neighbour came round and told me that little Pepper had been howling constantly since I left. It’s too hot here today ( yes in Tassie ) to not leave windows and doors open. Now he’s exhausted himself and lying in a stupor at my feet. Just as well hubby returns from OS on Thursday.
    Cheers Doggy.

aww doggie, pepper sounds so cute πŸ™‚
    Thanks to you, I am going to review my meal plans too! We all win eh?
    Also, noticed this recipe for cauliflower tabbouleh on the net and have posted it on the Aussie Determination Recipe thread. I think we just have to find carb substitutes till we kick the habit πŸ™‚ Bit like quitting cigarettes?

Hi team, we are up to page 80 that is fantastic thank you all for your inputs. My biggest downfall is dairy, I just love it, I eat a block of brie in one sitting, I still see it as a healthy treat as all dairy although very high cal, but better than a lot of alternatives. There is no need to restrict much at all with 5:2…portion size is the key, some nights, depending on my meal, I’ll have a small bowl of stewed frui (from my trees) with a scoop of icecream all in a small bowl, in the past the bowl would have been double in size. Lotus I make the tabouli too but alternate it with coleslaw (which is pretty much that diet cabbage soup in a way) instead of mayo I use Tzatziki dip as a dressing and a bit of sour cream or cottage cheese, yum, really brings the cals down, As much as I adore butter (sliced πŸ™‚ ) I use sour cream or cottage cheese if I do Caulieflower mash instead, your menue is only as restricted as your imagination. πŸ™‚ …CG xxx

Doggy, I hope your neighbour wasn’t complaining…see, pepper sees you as his Mum, now is the time to stop the separation anxieties by going out, short times to start, then he will realise you always comes back, I still leave mine with a treat as I go out then one when I get back, just a small dog biscuit, but it works. Are you getting sick of our suggestions with raising our adopted pup πŸ™‚ ?…CG xxx

Actually, cabbage soup sounds like a good plan for colder fasting days (notwithstanding the flak the diet got, and rightly so, if all you could eat was that!). Thanks for reminding me of it, CG, will use for an FD.

CG No she want not complaining about his howling. I have wonderful neighbours. I’m very lucky. Also please do keep on with your advice re Pepper. When one thinks they know everything it’s a sign of an ignoramus – to me anyhow. I’m a grandmother but eager to learn something new every day. I too love dairy and especially Brie and Camenbert. Do you like Blue Cheese ? If so Roaring Fourties from King Island I think is my favourite. Yes Lotus we can kick the carb habit. I too gave up the dreaded ciggies decades ago now. It was the most difficult thing I’ve ever done. They are incredibly addictive.
    Tonight I have a chicken and leek pie leftover from some I prepared for my cricket watching. Once that’s down the hatch it’s no more pastry either. – well perhaps occasionally. After having hubby away for six weeks it’s going to be a shock to the system. I’m going to have to prepare an extra something for him as he is a skinny as a greyhound.
    XX all Doggy

I wonder where all the post go that disappear half way through !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CG Hope the feverish flu stuff is improving for you, if there is an upside it’s 76.4 !! Whacko.
    BD the first four weeks my energy levels were really low so I didn’t stress about exercise and still lost enough by watching NFD’s a bit too. If you are still struggling after 4 or so weeks I’d check that you are on the right dose of meds for Thyroid. I pushed through during the days and slept really well at night for the first few weeks then began exercising again (not strenuously though). Hope that helps.
    Gypsy ironic if you fell off a pushbike honey πŸ™‚ Have a lovely time with your family, not to mention the goodies! (I said don’t mention the goodies!)
    Doggie, you’ll be telling us that you’re watching him sleep next! Love to hear about him you lucky thing. Because I have to cook for OH I still pretty much have what we used to eat. Tacos, fish and salads with gourmet potatoes, chicken stir-fry, chilli, stews, shepherd’s pie n veg. I just tweak some of the meals for me as in, chilli over cabbage instead of rice, more veg in stir fry – no rice for me. Gourmet spuds are good value as one or two of the really small ones in the bag do me and I’m satisfied. I like spicy food so this adds to the meals I alter for me. Huge rice fan so real sacrifice not have it.
    Lotus I’m saving up my curry n rice for cold weather and a bit further along in the weight loss. An Indian friend stood over me about 20 years ago and taught me her recipe. It has meat/chicken with lots of potatoes in it over rice and sprinkled with salted peanuts. Beautiful even when I modified it to less oil. Can’t wait.
    Often not hungry for breakfast so have protein shake with 150 mils low fat milk and a coffee. Keeps me going til 1 – 2pm. If I’m going to have bread would eat a sandwich and piece of fruit for lunch, otherwise leftovers or salads. As CG says portion sizes are the key to being able to eat normally and even better. YY xx

Doggie you’ve probably been told this before now too but worth a reminder. When we’ve had baby animals and started leaving them home we would leave the radio on after listening for a time before going out. Seemed to work. YY xx (one for Pepper)

Hi All!
    CG – glad your daughter is cracking the whip and that you are taking ‘sloth’ day – sounds lovely! I wonder….is it absolutely necessary to be sick to have a sloth day or can we all join in?!! πŸ˜‰ Fab news about getting into the 76’s….woohoo!!
    I’m so sorry to hear about GG’s dad, very difficult time for all her family. My thoughts and best wishes with them all.
    Doggy – very good question to focus us what we eat on non-fast days, as I now know that is what held me back in the beginning, I was just not being careful enough. Now I limit carbs as much as possible, but have porridge for breakfast as it keeps me full for hours. I don’t eat bread at all, have one potato (instead of the four or five I use to!)…I am Irish after all! Lots of fresh veg of all colours, fish, chicken, turkey and small amount of red meat. Sometimes pasta or rice to go with particular dish but always brown or wholemeal variety and less than I used to have in the past. I agree that my appetite has changed and I eat smaller portions overall now too. In case I’m beginning to sound like a saint, my big downfall is chocolate (remember the battle with toblerone a few months back!!) and I regularly have weightwatchers choc chip biscuits to stem the cravings. I know my OH has bought me big Easter egg so will struggle to portion that out to limit the damage. That’s why I am staying on 5:2 for the moment because I will need the wriggle room over Easter. I also keep an eye on my TDEE and try to keep below it. So cute about you checking on Pepper like new mum!
    Best of luck to all for the week ahead. I weigh in tomorrow and take measures, so hope all still on track!

Doggie, I am careful with fructose but not for weight. I have a sensitivity to too much so certain fruits I try to avoid.
    With my pup, we used to go out of the house for a few minutes at a time and then walk back in deliberately ignoring the dog and then after a couple of minutes give non effusive attention. Gradually increased the time etc. There is a whole lot online about avoiding separation anxiety but you have to start early. I was worried as there is poodle in my dog but it worked brilliantly and we can go out for long periods with no drama.
    I couldn’t leave the dog in the house if I wasn’t home though, goodness knows what disasters I would find! Good luck.

Good morning everyone

I am a bit behind on what’s going on, never seem to have time to catch up

CG have a couple of days rest, your body is asking for it. My 76kg it’s falling off again good on you.

This week I feel a lot thinner funny how you know. Will find out Friday. Having been doing my fasts counting calories and doing my gym workouts so will see. At work we have three different kinds of Easter eggs and hot cross buns on Monday fast day, didn’t have any. then Yesterday had a couple of eggs felt sick, why do I have to keep learning the same thing.

Lashed out and bought a Fitbit on the weekend to count my steps, let’s just say I need to move a lot more to get my 10,000 a day. I think this will push me closer to my goals.

Anyway have a great week.

Went back home last night resolved to reduce carbs, and OH had lovingly set out a fresh hot cross bun with a pat of butter (the Bakers Delight Choc Chip kind!). Could not/ did not refuse. Arrgh. Did reduce other stuff at dinner so total calories still the same.

Anyhoo, Fast Day today, and I thought that if I had to make this a long-term solution, being too strict and unforgiving will only backfire…

Bali, getting the Fitbit is a great thing! I have a similar one (different brand) and almost unconsciously have increased my daily steps. Amazing how we end up competing with a machine! The first day, and teh end of the day I was about 9700 steps ( after walking the whole day…) and at 10 at night, OH had to laugh as he found me walking up and down the bedroom to make it 300 more. Lol
    Also, your weigh-in On Friday is sure to be successful! All the best
    CG , congratulations on the loss. πŸ™‚
    Yum, Fit, SJ, Up and others – A big hello Wave from Foggy Sydney

Good morning team, you’re right Bali, another sloth day, really feel I’ve bottomed out, really feel lousy, the big positive now is I can only get better, that horrid breaking cough is starting and as we know can last for ages. I’m getting cross with myself too, such perfect Autumn weather to be in the green house dividing up my orchids but unfortunately, the “can’t be botherds” have well and truely taking over and my energy level is at an all time low.
    Bali you do get that “thinner” feeling, I agree, sometimes it’s just certain clothes we wear, but what’s it matter it feels wonderful.
    Lotus, you still have to live, yes cutting carbs are a big help but don’t go without the sometimes food either. Don’t forget if you restrict yourself TOO much it begins to feel like a diet then we blow it with a big pigout. Freeze your easter buns and have one occasionally with a coffee, you enjoy the forbidden fruit even better especially wihen lavishly coverd in butter, yummm.
    Fit, yes my daughter definately cracked the whip, funny how we feel we need permission to rest. We are so hard on ourselves at times but as Mothers it’s exactly what we expect others to do, lay down and relax in fact we insist on it.
    So, lots of fluids, plenty of rest, a few Nanny naps, absolute sloth day ahead, trying to ignore the guilts of I should be doing, that or the other, it can all wait!
    I hope this dreaded lurgy doens’t take hold with any of you, I believe it is going around
    I haven’t had my flu shot this year yet either, so just hope this virus runs its normal course and I’ll ge firing on all sixes before I know it.
    Have a happy positive day team, you are what you think! Try something new today, anything, reward yourself, a different type of tea, coffee, a different frozen meal of sorts, be adventurous take a different route home and enjoy the experience, I’m going back to the couch to watch a movie on Foxtel, talk later…. πŸ™‚ CG xxxxx

Lotus, these fitbits, are they on a mobile service as I don’t get mobile service in the country, yeah we cover 99% says telstra bull….t. I have a pedometer but useless, either no steps show or it goes overboard…CG xxx

They sync to a phone on wifi / network. They don’t need a data network by themselves to measure steps as they use body impact when we move ( moving arms, unless you do it really intensely and stamp your foot, doesn’t work lol). I bought a Vivofit by Garmin as the girl at the Rebel Sports Shop said they are most reliable, and reviews said the same.

Hey Bali – well done on taking ‘steps’ (see what I did there?!!) to counteract the easter eggs. I’m sure the thinner feeling will be proven on the scales, but even if the numbers aren’t what you expect, we all know that a changing body shape is also part of this journey. Best of luck πŸ™‚
    Lotus – you’re so funny, trying to outdo a machine!! Think I’ll change my name to Fitbit, sounds kinda cool!
    CG – you’re so right about mothers trying to be all things to all people and feeling guilty if we sit down to rest for five minutes, but you also know that if we look after ourselves now, then we will be better able to look after others when we need to. The dose you have seems to be doing the rounds over here too. One of my sisters has exactly the same symptoms and is only starting to feel a bit better now after two weeks. One of my friends is still trying to get over it six weeks after it began! Sry…don’t mean to depress you, but you should not beat yourself up about lacking energy or the will to do anything, it’s all part of the dose. Follow your instincts – rest, drink plenty and definitely don’t feel guilty!
    Weather here has been just awful for the last few days; very windy, cold, heavy showers and not at all like spring – so it’s back to warm drinks and comfort food.
    All the best to the whole AD gang πŸ™‚

Hello everyone,

Yumyum, thank you. It’s good to know that a sluggish thyroid can be beaten! When it decided to give up on me and I gained 25 kilos in 3 months (and I wasn’t even trying!!!) I kind of thought that this would be it. I’d be a round and cuddly middle aged woman and never fit into my beautiful clothes again.Hopefully by July I might be back in some of them….

CG, I’ve been slothful too these last few days. On the couch, aching all over, watching all that beautiful autumn weather go to waste….And steadily gaining grams every day. Even though I’ve been eating very little. Not fair.

Bali and Lotus, I have a Misfits Shine. It’s the only tracker that is waterproof and I’m a swimmer. It’s quite stylish too.

Cheers,

BD

Misfits Shine – how cool does that sound? BD, good on you to do so much in spite of your misbehaving Thyroid.
    Fit, you can be rechristened Fitbit (now that you are a fit little bit!), but I am calling dibs on “Misfits Shine”! It sounds just like me…. πŸ™‚

I’m going to have to look into the fitbit, they sound interesting. Even though I don’t exercise as such, I walk a hell of a lot around my property, even the house, usually get to a room, think, what am I here for, go back remember, then back to the room! πŸ™‚ bloody age! πŸ™‚ so walk a lot of “useless” steps but it’s walking right?
    Lotus my computer and ipad is wifi so I guess it would work through that modem? Even in my paddocks? I’ll check ’em out.
    BD I hear more and more of it going around, I’ve had nothing like this for years, as someone said the other day (sorry, forget who) maybe I did pick it up in Melb as country living is clean air and I’m not immune to the “germs” down there πŸ™
    Fit good luck in not picking it up, our world is so small now with travellers everything becomes world wide.
    Just whipped up to the local pharmacy for a nasal spray, THAT cleared the head, golly, it hit home, just hope it clears the muck, sorry, but that’s what keeps the head heavy.
    I have one bonus, with the panadine I’ve been taking for pain (which I thought was normal back pain) has given me relief. The injection may have worked. Bit hard to tell in the beginning with all the body aches with this virus but I’m feeling freer today, wow
    Wishful thinking but refuse to think any other way.
    Take care of yourself team and have a lovely day…CG xxx

CG, Sorry, I meant to explain better, basically the fitbit/similar smart pedometer will not need WiFi or another network to operate, it measures by impact. It does need WiFi or network to sync the results to phone or iPad. I am greedy with my steps ( still competing lol, but doing an average of 13k steps daily – with your active lifestyle, you will probably clock more!) and so wait for close to bedtime before syncing, so uses the home WiFi network for that.

Morning Team well I have to fess up that I had a rotten/compulsive eating day yesterday. No idea how many cals it was….not worth thinking about. I just went from one extra/treat to another. I did entertain ideas of chucking it all in too. I have got to 75 kilos or thereabouts several times before when I start to look better/less fat in my clothes, & I let myself drift back into my old habits. And this is how it starts! Anyone want to kick me in the butt & talk some common sense into me??! I sure need it. I still have over 10 kilos to lose so need to keep going.

Today is a FD (doing 4:3 this week) and I’m going over to MFP right now & planning the whole day out so I don’t cave in. Part of yesterday was caused by bad planning & having a roast chook for dinner that didn’t cook in time (had a stuffing I didn’t know about as OH bought it) & didn’t eat until well after 8pm. By then I had already consumed just about a meal anyway of bits and pieces.

I wonder if my crash was partly at least caused by all the carbs I ate over the weekend? Like some others I gotta re-think the carbs issue. Not feeling upbeat yet but I’ll get there if I have a successful day! sj
    PS Really like the sound of those Fitbits too – gotta get one. Don’t exercise enough.
    PPS Sorry to be so downbeat when everyone else is upbeat! It will pass.

Suejen, okay lady, bend over, I’ll put my works on for this one πŸ™‚ …. You silly sausage, don’t ever think of giving up, we all have insatiable times. No idea why they hit, like I’ve said in the past I can down a whole block of brie or camembert cheese in minutes flat…usually whilst thinking what else will I have. You Are Human! It is so rare these times hit us all now, so much good work has gone into getting you to where you are, so NO NO NO, you stay with our 5:2 YOU CAN DO IT we are here for you, we all get the tough times, I find I eat out of gutsiness rather than hunger at those times, just for the mouth action. πŸ™ πŸ™ naughty naughty suejen, we will haunt you if you toss it in!
    Feel better now.???
    Stick with us kid, ….CG xxx

By the way team, just ordered a fitbit on line, the app is free to download onto my ipad and works through that. I checked out HOW TO on utube….more bleeden money, but if it helps, motivates and works, it’s worth it…….CG xxxx

Now SueGen, pick yourself up, girl! Give yourself a good talking to and remember how far you have come…..but most importantly remember how amazing you’ll feel when you get to where YOU ARE GOING. I think you’re right, in that it was your weekend’s “carb-fest” that has effected you. We’re not only here for the weight loss….it’s those long-term health benefits that count just as much. So don’t feel like you’re about to tumble back to old-ways – keep going. Read some of your earlier posts, when you were losing, motivated and feeling great. Remember how forgiving 5:2 is!! Back on the horse….you’re just having a bad day, love. It happens to all of us. Stick with it – and in CG’s words YOU CAN DO IT. CM xx
    PS Think I’m gonna get a FitBit thingie too.

Suejen, I have a similar stumbling block, only mine is every few kilos! I think I have achieved what I want, and then, bingo, out goes any control. Now you know that you get hungry while waiting for dinner to happen, keep some carrot sticks and hummous on a tray and nibble. Bit of guilt is good, also putting it in perspective, one day out of many months of control. It’s fine. That said, Watch out CG has even got a fitbit now, so she will run/walk over to haunt you, just she can make the steps πŸ™‚
    I think just venting on the forum helps for me. Those on the border, Let’s work together to get on the correct side of 75 this month πŸ™‚

https://www.fastday.com/fasting/why-do-we-eat-more-than-we-need-and-gain-weight/

And an excerpt from this article that may be of interest:

We have circuits in our brain that control β€˜hedonic hunger’ (eating when not hungry). These circuits exist for evolutionary reasons, telling us to stock up on food while it is plentiful. These pathways, unfortunately, appear to be more active after a period of weight loss and drive us to put weight back on. When food is always available and we never experience periods of famine, these hedonic hunger circuits are always turned on: we are hooked on overeating. Our hormones, including thyroid hormones, leptin and ghrelin do try to minimize the weight gained, but for most people a gradual increase in weight over the years is normal.

Hi all, i have a fitbit too and highly recommend it. I am fitbit “friends with a few people which also spurs me on as I don’t want to be always last on the weekly tally. Lotus, I totally do that walking round in circles before I go to bed if I am close to the next 1000!

Mmmmm, all sound true Lotus, thanks for sharing, I think my gutsy times are just greed. If I didn’t buy brie, I wouldn’t eat it! But our WOE allows us to. I rarely have nibblies in the houses, these days, maybe rice crackers or something, and it’s nice to have something in the arvo with a drink some days with a bit of cheese or whatever, but some days, as we all know, the breaks don’t work! Still, we keep on keeping on πŸ™‚ but sharing is our biggest weapon, because we have each other…CG xxxx

Hi Suejen some time ago you mentioned that you poach your chicken. How do you do yours? Thinking of trying some to add to salads. Anyone can chip in if you have tasty suggestions. Ta.

Also SJ I thought about how blue I would feel if I started piling on the weight again, even worse than the blue feeling tempting you to give up. Could be you are still coming down from that carb high last weekend. Don’t give up, we would miss you … lots πŸ™‚

Not too sure about the FitBit thingy … just another gadget to glare at me LOL

CG hugs () () () YY xx

Yumyum, I’m butting in as per usual. I do a couple of chickens each week for my boys. Just cover it in water in a good size saucepan, and bring to the boil then let high simmer an hour or two, when you try o pick it up with tongs by leg, you will fell it come away, then know it’s cooked. You can put an onion in too if you wish, but once you take the chicken out, the skin slides off easily, then let the water cool in the pot, skim off the fat then use paper towel to mop up the last of the fat and you have perfect stock for chicken soup. Just some celery onion, mixed veg, bit of mixed herbs, some shredded chicken and I love a handful of rice in it two, bring to the boil, add a stock cube if you wish or a teaspoon of vegemite stir occasionally till vegs are all cooked. Great healthy winter soup! πŸ™‚ hope that helps you…CG xxx

Lotus & UP – LOL – I can just see us all walking around at midnight to beat our “AD fitbit friends”. We’ll never get any sleep!

Hi YY CG Lotus CM thank you so much. Just what the dr ordered!! You have talked some common sense into me AND motivated me to keep on keeping on. I’m such a perfectionist I know….I want to ALWAYS have good days, and ALWAYS lose some weight this week, and ALWAYS stick to my FD or TDEE. But you’ve made me realise yet again that I need to be more realistic, more accepting of being a normal human being who sometimes does stupid things that I don’t really want to do. So I’ve had a good talk to myself and calmed down. What would I do without you all?! And yikes the thought that CG now has a Fitbit & might come to haunt me just to get her steps up is not worth thinking about!!

YY as to poaching chicken it’s one of the few things that I do well as far as planning is concerned. So….very easy, boil the kettle & then add some spices to the water. I mostly use Outback Spirit Australian Herbs Lemon Myrtle – tis lovely (supermarket). But you can add any you like, it just adds a delicate flavour to the chicken – could just be stock too. Then I add the chicken breast (just enough to cover) & simmer for about 10 mins or longer if ch breasts are large. I usually cook 2 or 3 breasts at a time. Then I freeze them ready for any day to add to a salad/casserole/quick meal. They are always so tender moist and juicy this way.

Going to check out that Fitbit. Hugs CG () () () sj

PS just read over the poaching directions & you DON”T add the spices to the kettle YY! No no. It reads like that though. Pour the water into your saucepan and THEN add spices/stock etc. LOL suejen

Hello all you lovely AD’s. For some reason I’m feeling as flat as a tack today. Not sick like you CG you poor thing. I think it could be a touch of chronic fatigue. Although I feel fine most of the time I guess I just need more sleep. MOH is home again tomorrow and once he’s de jet lagged can take over the Pepper department.
    I’ve been reading about Fitbit with interest. I also have an iPad so will look into it. Most of my exercise is also walking and like CG I go off to another room to get something and then can’t remember what it was!
    Lotus you are right on the money re hedonic hunger circuits. There is so much about food, science and metabolism that is interesting. That stupid Atkins Diet really got me with the Leptin Ghrelin circus.
    Well another FD tomorrow. By the by, I don’t think I’ve lost any weight this week but I do notice that my face is looking thinner. Pity it isn’t my middle but it must prove that the 5:2 is working.
    CG rug up and sloth out. Take care of yourself. Pity the cricket is finished. Are you a Footy fan? I’m not. I enjoy tennis though so will see what APT events are on.
    Cheers Doggy

CM – that’s one way to beat FD insomnia, just keep walking around in circles lol

Doggie, you sound just like a new mum πŸ™‚

Hi Doggy, no not much of a footy fan these days, was always a very keen StKilda fan, infact was in the cheer squad in ’66 when we won our last grand final, you have to be a sadist to follow StKilda, I cried when we won, and cry each time we front up and lose! πŸ™ sure I like to hear they have won but don’t watch any more, they seem to be taken off if they break a finger nail these days, rules changed so often I’m lost.
    I think the flats hit us all for no reason, then we get cross for waisting a perfect day. Our adrenaline seems to go on the blink but remember we are not machines, and even they need servicing or recharging as do we. My energy level has been awfully low, and I’m watching dust collect, but suffering from “idolitis” isn’t helping either. Tomorrow is another day, nothing is urgent, and most off what is getting to us usually takes just a short time to get on top of.
    I’m having a pork chop in the oven tonight with scallop potatoes, just pre cooked spuds, sliced, dotted with sour cream, smidge of grated (cardboard) light grated cheese, and a cup of skinny milk, so pretty low cal all with fresh beans and a bit of gravy….so all easy. Leftover spuds will do for another NF day too.
    Keep the chin up team, I know our journey IS long but look at the wonderful friends we have made, I’m sure we couldn’t do it alone, stand strong and remember WHY we began in the first place! ….CG πŸ™‚ xxxxxx

Hi All you brilliant ADers!
    Lotus – Misfits Shine hmmm, not so sure about that. Don’t think you are a misfit. Tweak it a little… and you can be Miss Fit Shines!!! Much better and suits you to a T. πŸ™‚
    CG – hope you keep going from strength to strength, especially when you get your fitbit, you are so busy busy and active, I’m sure you’ll clock up the steps in no time. Seems like this is becoming a bit of a craze….might have to join in as I don’t really do any other exercise which I had promised myself to do at the start of this wol.
    Suejen – don’t you dare give up on us and you can stop beating yourself up right now, because we’ve all been where you were. I think you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the carbfest over the weekend, so just be more careful about that in future. Also, you mentioned planning for fast days and having suitable food ready to eat so you don’t eat rubbish mindlessly while waiting for the good stuff. So you have wisely identified where you went wrong and can now make sure that doesn’t happen again….so you are back on track and this was only a minor blip on the screen of your 5:2 wol! Xx
    Well done to everyone who has contributed words of wisdom. It’s so lovely to be part of this great group where support, laughs and the occasional kick in the butt are given with such warmth and understanding.
    Weighed and measured this morning…half kilo down and slight loss of cm on hips and thighs. I’m still pinching myself when this happens, because I’ve had several treats on nonfast days but I try to keep below my TDEE and it works!! So happy!! πŸ™‚

Fit that is great news, I really think this WOE allows for wriggle room somehow. We seem to all have our over indulgences and still get away with it. I have weeks where I stagnate but no major gain, it really is AWOL….didn’t look right, try again a WOL…better πŸ™‚ just making a coffee watching Brad Pitt fight off zombies, not much else on! πŸ™ enjoy your day Fit CG xxxx

Aw thanks CG – after my post I felt like I might have come across as a bit smug and maybe I have upset those who are finding things a bit hard at the moment…which was not my intention at all. Watching Brad Pitt doing anything at all has to be a good thing πŸ˜‰ Enjoy your well deserved rest days xxxx

Thanks Team for your support today. Had a great FD with all your encouragement. 491 cals and about to head to bed so no danger of hedonistic eating now!
    That’s all I gotta say…you’re an awesome team!!!! Xx

Suejen, glad you have decided to stay! We may have had to stage an intervention! See, I’ve gone all american while I am here. πŸ˜‰

Charlie’s Mum, maybe we should do that! πŸ™‚

Good morning team, forgive me but I have a bad case of P.M.S…….POOR ME SYNDRONE …..I snored myself awake more times than I can count through the night, and woke myself up ghasping for breath! πŸ™ … This retched cold/virus/flu is giving me the jimmy brits! I convinced myself I had a collapsed lung (oh the things you come up with in the middle of the night) each time I woke ghasping, taking deep breaths grgrgrgr. So this morning, dry sore throat,,blocked swollen sinuses…oh the joy of it all, and to top it off, a cold wet day ahead πŸ™‚ so be warned, take care, it is going around. Again, I’ve had nothing like this for absolut years, so guess it was my turn. I know it’s fast day but unsure if I’ll participate. I’ll see how I go cause I have no appetite at all, just a big big thirst!
    Funny enough my attitude is positive, for one who hasn’t slept , so I guess it’s the couch and me today again! But I feel fine mood wise. The headach will go soon, just had panadine so looking up. Just wish my Mum was here to tuck me in πŸ™
    Not my usual uplifting post team, I’m sorry, just need TLC I think
    Great day for fasting with soups, a stirfry even an omelette all healthy and low cal, don’t forget your miso soup or vegemite water…Have a great day team YOU CAN DO THIS, we are given hurdles so we know how high we can jump.. πŸ™‚ CG xxxxx

CG – so sorry you are feeling under the weather but you sure are a fighter! I reckon your immune system was already low from your back problem and that is why this bug has taken such a hold of you. I think it is probably best that you don’t fast while you are fighting this illness, but you know yourself better than anyone, so listen to your body and do what you feel best. If this dose takes the same course as my sister’s, you won’t need fast days, she lost about 7kg in less than two weeks!! Get your son and daughter to nurse you for a change and lap up the attention while you can.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,951 through 4,000 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.